Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOFC Hosted Multiplayer Leagues > The Front Office Offseason League (FOFC's OOTP House League)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-31-2013, 12:45 AM   #1
Tasan
College Starter

And I'm out.

Well guys, its been fun, but I'm done playing.

To the new folks around here, sorry I didn't get to know you. We used to have a vibrant atmosphere around here, but lately there's not a whole lot going on other than the sims. I'm to blame as much as anyone else, and honestly its not why I'm leaving. I'm just done. I've played every season since I think 1977 for the Rancheros in FOOL and since the inception of FOOLX and I've had a lot of good times, but its been enough.

To the vets here, Dan, Chief, Alan, Teach and muns especially but the other guys too, thanks for hanging around and keeping this place going. I'll always love the rivalries I had with you guys (1985 MUNS!!!). I count some of you as friends, although I admit lately I haven't been keeping up my side of things. You guys keep this thing going, I'll stop in here and there, and who knows, maybe the itch will come back.

I've asked Dan to retire Colorado and Spring. I hope he agrees, but if he doesn't, make sure the next owners understand those franchises histories. Chief, thank you so much for giving me the Rancheros so many years ago. Its been fun.

Well, I've typed enough. My PM box is always open to you guys. See ya around.

Dave

Tasan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 03:30 AM   #2
hyde4us11
Coordinator

You always have a spot here. I'm just sad

Last edited by hyde4us11 : 01-31-2013 at 03:30 AM.
hyde4us11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 03:32 AM   #3
hyde4us11
Coordinator

I don't know how to retire a team. Alan had surgery on his back so he hasn't been around for me to ask.

Last edited by hyde4us11 : 01-31-2013 at 03:33 AM.
Old 01-31-2013, 07:44 AM   #4
CleBrownsfan
Pro Rookie

Man, it's like a FOOL nightmare today - sad sad day!!

FOOL-X - Cleveland Naps
FOOL - Cleveland Cyclones
SLOP - Cuyahoga Spiders
CleBrownsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 07:48 AM   #5
ashby96
Mascot

Take care, Tasan!

(FOOL X)--Omaha Bees
WS Wins:
2105, 2109, 2110, 2111, 2114, 2127, 2130, 2131
ashby96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 08:02 AM   #6
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyde4us11 View Post
I don't know how to retire a team. Alan had surgery on his back so he hasn't been around for me to ask.

Create an expansion team in place of Tasan's clubs using the edit league structure tab. Then move all of the major leaguers using the player editor to the expansion club. Then assign the minors clubs to the new team so the minor leaguers get assigned to the new franchise and then delete the old clubs, rebuild the schedule in the pre-season and you are all set.

If you need to be walked through it, just hit me up. Happy to help.

Last edited by Young Drachma : 01-31-2013 at 08:06 AM.
Young Drachma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 10:25 AM   #7
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

This is a sad day for me. Tasan has been my fellow competitor for so, so long. It has been almost five years! That's a crazy long time of fast simming.

I can't say enough, so I'll keep it short. Thanks, Tasan. It has been wonderful competing against you. I certainly hope you will be around, and that we'll keep in touch.

As the first human owner of the Colorado Rancheros, BTW, I fully support Tasan wanting to retire the team, rather than have it go on under someone else. I feel I would want the same for the Hooligans and Banana Sluggers.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 02:02 PM   #8
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
This is a sad day for me. Tasan has been my fellow competitor for so, so long. It has been almost five years! That's a crazy long time of fast simming.

I can't say enough, so I'll keep it short. Thanks, Tasan. It has been wonderful competing against you. I certainly hope you will be around, and that we'll keep in touch.

As the first human owner of the Colorado Rancheros, BTW, I fully support Tasan wanting to retire the team, rather than have it go on under someone else. I feel I would want the same for the Hooligans and Banana Sluggers.

I love how you remember the Rancheros were an AI team for a few years to start. RIP Clay Darby, my favorite Ranchero.
Old 01-31-2013, 02:37 PM   #9
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young Drachma View Post
I love how you remember the Rancheros were an AI team for a few years to start. RIP Clay Darby, my favorite Ranchero.

Haha sure, sure.

Yeah, I don't know many around here remember that FOOL ran for, what, 3-4 seasons before a heavy in flux of human owners first came in. Or that Skydog (or Ben E. Lou, as he fashions himself now) once ran a team, ever so briefly.

Good ole Darby. It's too bad he came into extistence in his prime, and so his final numbers never approached the greater numbers put up by subsequent players who got to develop and then grow old in full careers.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 03:10 PM   #10
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

FOOL ran for 3 seasons over at FOBL forums before we brought it over here, because I figured we could get actual people to play rather than a small cabal of us and then it's been on these boards ever since.

Ben ran the Charleston Chew for like 4 seasons. I had to do a search to remember, but the Charleston Chew then were moved to Atlanta and became the Atlanta Firecrackers, which was Chief's team after he left Colorado.

Last edited by Young Drachma : 01-31-2013 at 03:11 PM.
Old 01-31-2013, 06:38 PM   #11
TeachEnEspanol
College Starter

Tasan, you have always been one of the best! I miss the good old days for sure. It HAS been fun. I hope you have just as much fun out there in the real world!
TeachEnEspanol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 06:45 AM   #12
hyde4us11
Coordinator

As I've said a number of times I'm not comfortable with messing with the in game stuff like Alan did. What I'm going to do is before spring games starts I'll move them from Colorado and FOOL has retired all of Colorado. Colorado and the city's in Colorado have been forever retired. Only one person can unretire them and you all know who that is.

Last edited by hyde4us11 : 02-04-2013 at 06:46 AM.
Old 02-25-2013, 12:22 PM   #13
muns
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tasan View Post
Well guys, its been fun, but I'm done playing.

To the new folks around here, sorry I didn't get to know you. We used to have a vibrant atmosphere around here, but lately there's not a whole lot going on other than the sims. I'm to blame as much as anyone else, and honestly its not why I'm leaving. I'm just done. I've played every season since I think 1977 for the Rancheros in FOOL and since the inception of FOOLX and I've had a lot of good times, but its been enough.

To the vets here, Dan, Chief, Alan, Teach and muns especially but the other guys too, thanks for hanging around and keeping this place going. I'll always love the rivalries I had with you guys (1985 MUNS!!!). I count some of you as friends, although I admit lately I haven't been keeping up my side of things. You guys keep this thing going, I'll stop in here and there, and who knows, maybe the itch will come back.

I've asked Dan to retire Colorado and Spring. I hope he agrees, but if he doesn't, make sure the next owners understand those franchises histories. Chief, thank you so much for giving me the Rancheros so many years ago. Its been fun.

Well, I've typed enough. My PM box is always open to you guys. See ya around.

Dave

Sorry I missed this Dave. I haven't been around much lately either. Real life happens and gets in the way of the of our fun "FOOLERY". I remember our first trade talks. I cant remember the 1b guy that I wanted, but I remember you would not give him up. You were a class act from the get go.
You made FOOL FUN, and I will also always remember your "I hate Hartford campaign". Writing this makes me miss the "old days" and all of the friendships that started because of FOOL and how we all were on the boards.

Alan said this somewhere that stuck with me. FOOL is great because of all the "personalities" that exist. You were a heck of a personality!

For those of you that do not know. Tasan would have had a good 5-9 more titles under his belt. During his time to shine in old FOOL, we re-started when it was clear he was going to enter a dynasty. He didn't complain once and sucked it up for the good of the league.

Good luck with the "retirement". I am sure we will catch up soon

Jeremy
muns is offline   Reply With Quote