Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-23-2009, 03:23 PM   #501
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abe Sargent View Post
You probably thought I was a wolf after I used your name in my Rules Nazi rant

No, I actually believed you were a villager, one of the few that I guessed correctly. (I guess I probably got at least half of the villagers correct, just none of the wolves).

Regarding using my name there, I guess I'm just sad that many people viewed playing with me to be that un-enjoyable or bad. (Not just you, several mentioned it of late). So the way I deal with things that really do bother me like that is to try to make light of it, thus my comment in response to it in a joking fashion I guess

It is all good though, I still enjoy reading along with the games and trying to guess. Just like when I was playing, some games I guess nearly everyone, and some games I bomb completely.

Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 03:25 PM   #502
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

So there were 3 wolves in Sparta and 2 in Athens?

Where have I heard that theory before? CR? Any idea?

Unfortunately I picked the wrong person to latch onto in Athens. The Abe TheNorm thing seemed too much like a wolf play to me though so I stopped looking hoops' way. At least I was right about Schmidty and Lathum.

For the record. Day 2 in Hades sucked big time. Would have rather there not been a lynch there until day three since it was pretty much a crap shoot and a crap shoot with little participation making it even worse.

WTG Villagers!!!
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 03:28 PM   #503
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Ignore the confused post. I caught up enough now to see what happened. I thought a serial killer went through and cleaned out the wolves or about a 3 way tie in the vote.
Old 04-23-2009, 03:30 PM   #504
hoopsguy
General Manager

EF, you were exactly right on that one; it definitely raised my eyebrows when you posted it. I was a little confused about the rules still at that point and initially thought you might be the Evil Historian before I realized that the "sorceror" role in this game didn't start off knowing anything. But I wasted about a half day, and quite a few PMs, on this theory at the outset.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 04:06 PM   #505
hoopsguy
General Manager

So, it seemed that DT was pretty emotional in the Hades thread. I know he has gotten the shaft several times as a result of poor teammate play, but it looks like the prospect of it happening again drove him nuts. Man, that was a lot of emoticons

Assuming a no-BK vote, wolves were money in Sparta. Bummer that NTN swept in to save the day but we really gave that city away earlier with the Heinz lynch. Oh well, it seemed like the right thing to do at the time because Athens was uphill on Days 2 and 3.
Old 04-23-2009, 04:13 PM   #506
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

For someone who never actually died and went to Hades it seems I'm somewhat of a legend in here. I think everyone who died in Sparta mentioned me in here, normally in their first couple of posts in Hades.

Last edited by dubb93 : 04-23-2009 at 04:14 PM. Reason: zomg!!! i edit post
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 04:15 PM   #507
hoopsguy
General Manager

PB had nice things to say about you in Athens as well, Dubb.
Old 04-23-2009, 04:32 PM   #508
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Yeah dubb, why did you play so insanely?

I mean you definitely did well villager-wise at the end, but man, you were a nice asset to us wolves the first few days.
jeheinz72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 04:38 PM   #509
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeheinz72 View Post
Yeah dubb, why did you play so insanely?

I mean you definitely did well villager-wise at the end, but man, you were a nice asset to us wolves the first few days.

I missed Blade.
Old 04-23-2009, 04:44 PM   #510
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Actually Heinz I had you fingered on day 1 and day 2 but none of my fellow villagers were willing to lynch you for some reason. I would have been happy to kill you instead of PB but no one bought the vote. Same goes for day 2 had DT not been fighting me so hard I would have stayed on you. On day 3 I came out wanting to lynch Jackal, but once again DT was a thorn in my side and I was just so damn convinced he was the evil seer.

If nothing else I accused every wolf of being a wolf at one point or the other. I also accused every villager of being a wolf at one point or the other as well, but hell, whos counting. :-)

I guess looking back I should have believed DT but no one in Sparta was smart enough to ask the questions of Pass that were asked in Athens.
Old 04-23-2009, 05:00 PM   #511
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubb93 View Post
I also accused every villager of being a wolf at one point or the other as well, but hell, whos counting. :-)

My twin?

Actually, I was accused of saying everyone was a wolf in Athens but I really don't think that I did. I was stubborn on the Abe thing but honestly thought I had found something. Other then that I mentioned TheNorm but also said that I thought he was probably a villager being played by Abe (wrong again I see). Based on my Abe belief I thought that CR was wolf.

Wow, I really wished I had latched onto hoops early instead of Abe. I think it's because he responded to the post I made early Sunday with my run down of what everyone's allegiance was. I thought it was an obvious joke, though I was serious about my gut telling me to look at Abe and hoops but not to the point of suspecting anyone yet.

Other than that I didn't accuse anyone else of being a wolf. I stood dirm on Lathum being a villager and also Schmidty (though that was mostly after getting to Hades).

I took a gamble at going all in early and it bit me in the butt. On that same line I went after Poli early in Hades (though I don't think that I took anything over the line and am still offended by the "I am not playing again" type of crap as it is just a game). I knew that I was a villager and it made no sense for Schmidty to be a wolf which solidified my belief that he was a villager. There's only one choice at that point so what else was there to do but go after the only unknown. Especially when he immeditately votes Schmidty (someone I already thought was a villager) to put him down 2-0 at that point (before the rule got changed).

Thanks for running the game Pass. It must have been a nightmare tracking three threads. The vote in Hades today looked like it was a pain to keep up with too, with all the unvotes going on.

PB!!!!! I didn't vote for you once this game!!!!
Old 04-23-2009, 05:04 PM   #512
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

's ok EF, you are the first person to climb inside my ass and set up camp for the game. AlanT is a regular visitor to my ass.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 05:08 PM   #513
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

We almost won this game in Athens.

I wanted to duke to Hoops even before his late vote change. The reason I didn't is that it was unfathomable in my mind we would also have the evil bodyguard. It just seemd so imbalanced, which I guess was the design.

I thought hoops was the real BG and was trying to make the wolves change their night kill. I did send the duke order in but it was to late.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 05:10 PM   #514
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Amazingly, Eaglefan, I'm still not a fan of how you played that. You continue to defend yourself and your actions with smoke and mirrors. That's fine. I'm beginning to expect that out of you. It makes no sense for the wolves to night kill a wolf in your village, but it makes perfect sense for the wolves to night kill a wolf in my village?

Nice play.

Last edited by Poli : 04-23-2009 at 05:16 PM.
Poli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 05:11 PM   #515
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Dubb

were you looking at the post counts for the thread when you showed up in Athens?

If you do that it makes it look like you are in the thread, we found that nugget out the hard way
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 05:14 PM   #516
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
In a day where it left like billions of villagers and wolves alike were shouting out votes, the mighty Lathum, Ephor of Athens, cries above them all, "Encyclopedia Brown THIS, BITCH!" He smites TheNorm, who screams in agony as he dies. The rest of the wolves, jeheinz72, hoopsguy, The Jackal and the newly arrived Danny howl in fear, running away from Hades, never to be heard from again.

The villagers win!

Um, excuse me but I'm sure I remember putting in our final order to lynch PurdueBrad. This should certainly have been executed prior to our ouster, thus denying him a final resting place in Hades.

It is clear that you have not processed actions in the appropriate order.

Old 04-23-2009, 05:16 PM   #517
Danny
Head Coach

I was upset about some moderator mistakes/decisions in Sparta, but it's a tough game to run and mistakes happen.

Congrats to the villagers, I really hope I am not a wolf again next game.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 05:39 PM   #518
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
Dubb

were you looking at the post counts for the thread when you showed up in Athens?

If you do that it makes it look like you are in the thread, we found that nugget out the hard way

Negative. I remember reading about that blowup and made a point not to go there. Best I can figure was I clicked on the wrong thread for easy access prior to going outside for a smoke. Then as I often do I probably clicked close all tabs when I came back in instead of close other tabs and just closed everything never realizing what I had done.

Last edited by dubb93 : 04-23-2009 at 05:41 PM.
Old 04-23-2009, 05:50 PM   #519
TheNorm
Mascot

Dammit, I knew I shouldn't have followed that vote so and so on Day 1. Too damn nice for my own good sometimes. Oh well, I guarantee I won't play as poorly the next time around--far from a liability here.

I did like the reference to Encyclopedia Brown in the final write-up, though.
TheNorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 05:50 PM   #520
Passacaglia
Coordinator

I had a hunch that you were searching for all posts by people in the other thread, and that was putting you there. But I dunno. I saw you in there, but your last activity was something like 7:29, until at something like 7:37, when it became the right thread. So you were idle for all the time that I saw you in there.
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 05:50 PM   #521
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNorm View Post
Dammit, I knew I shouldn't have followed that vote so and so on Day 1. Too damn nice for my own good sometimes. Oh well, I guarantee I won't play as poorly the next time around--far from a liability here.

I did like the reference to Encyclopedia Brown in the final write-up, though.

Credit goes to Lathum on that one.
Old 04-23-2009, 06:20 PM   #522
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poli View Post
Amazingly, Eaglefan, I'm still not a fan of how you played that. You continue to defend yourself and your actions with smoke and mirrors. That's fine. I'm beginning to expect that out of you. It makes no sense for the wolves to night kill a wolf in your village, but it makes perfect sense for the wolves to night kill a wolf in my village?

Nice play.

What actions? Damn dude. You act like I freaking personally attacked you. I don't really care if you are a "fan" of how I played the game. I didn't start whining about not playing again because there were votes on me. Hell, I tried to have as much fun with it to the end as possible.

Not sure how much more clear I can be about the logic behind it. There are two others in the thread, I'm not a wolf and ALL logic points to Schmidty not being a wolf (even though CR seemed to have as much of a hard on for Schmidty as I had for Abe ). The wolves would not want to send someone into Hades who is going to have an automatic vote on them with only 3 or 4 people there. That leaves one person who can possibly be a wolf. No smoke, no mirrors and more importantly, no whining.
Old 04-23-2009, 06:23 PM   #523
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
I really hope I am not a wolf again next game.

Careful, that's a sure fire way to be a wolf next game.
Old 04-23-2009, 06:38 PM   #524
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Eaglefan and logic apparently go together like bananas and mayonnaise.
Old 04-23-2009, 06:39 PM   #525
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
Um, excuse me but I'm sure I remember putting in our final order to lynch PurdueBrad. This should certainly have been executed prior to our ouster, thus denying him a final resting place in Hades.

It is clear that you have not processed actions in the appropriate order.

I believe that there was a higher power looking out for me. Thanks EF.
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 06:41 PM   #526
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post

Not sure how much more clear I can be about the logic behind it. There are two others in the thread, I'm not a wolf and ALL logic points to Schmidty not being a wolf (even though CR seemed to have as much of a hard on for Schmidty as I had for Abe ). The wolves would not want to send someone into Hades who is going to have an automatic vote on them with only 3 or 4 people there. That leaves one person who can possibly be a wolf. No smoke, no mirrors and more importantly, no whining.
And this still makes no sense whatsoever unless your name is...Eaglefan, of course.
Old 04-23-2009, 06:42 PM   #527
Poli
FOFC Survivor

I really do wish we had got the war declared. Just because it would have been fun.
Old 04-23-2009, 06:45 PM   #528
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
So, it seemed that DT was pretty emotional in the Hades thread. I know he has gotten the shaft several times as a result of poor teammate play, but it looks like the prospect of it happening again drove him nuts. Man, that was a lot of emoticons

Assuming a no-BK vote, wolves were money in Sparta. Bummer that NTN swept in to save the day but we really gave that city away earlier with the Heinz lynch. Oh well, it seemed like the right thing to do at the time because Athens was uphill on Days 2 and 3.

exactly...i was like "man...why am i having a third game where my teammates bomb for me and don't listen to me...and a second time they don't believe my truthful seer reveal" -- it just drove me insane. add to that that i knew that one of dubb/jackal was a wolf and i presumed it was jackal (although i was totally unaware of danny being a wolf - but he would have been my next scan had i lived)

Last edited by DaddyTorgo : 04-23-2009 at 06:49 PM.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 06:46 PM   #529
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
exactly...i was like "man...why am i having a third game where my teammates bomb for me and don't listen to me...and a second time they don't believe my truthful reveal" -- it just drove me insane
Try going to hell with eaglefan.
Old 04-23-2009, 06:51 PM   #530
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

i really wanted to jump through my screen and strangle dubb too. all of his back-and-forth with me was making me think i'd have to reveal and obscuring any of our attempts to do analysis
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 06:55 PM   #531
Poli
FOFC Survivor

I can give you his phone number.
Old 04-23-2009, 07:11 PM   #532
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
I can give you his phone number.

I think if everyone I pissed off this game got ahold of my phone number I would be in for a long night.
Old 04-23-2009, 07:16 PM   #533
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

DT if you noticed toward the end I stopped pushing for your lynch and never really fought the Jackal lynch. I just really thought it would have been an awful idea to throw all of our eggs into that one basket. On top of that you really expected me of all people to accept the fact that I was going to be lynched?

Yea....thats never going to happen. Had you proposed Danny and Jackal I may have been more likely to go along for that at that point but when you were pushing to lynch me I just couldn't throw all my eggs into a basket that involves my death. As such I wanted to see what one of your "cleared" looked like just incase you were hosing us completely.

Even though I was wrong things worked out in the end.
Old 04-23-2009, 07:22 PM   #534
Poli
FOFC Survivor

I have to admit Heinzy snowed me when he came in clearing me. I missed it, I guess saldana was bad too?

I actually didn't try to protect anyone the first night as I mistakenly thought plain villagers were also called hoplites. In fact, in my first post I nearly declared myself a villager and a hoplite.

The world's worst bodyguard, that's a title I wear proudly.
Old 04-23-2009, 07:26 PM   #535
hoopsguy
General Manager

I'm not sure anyone read the bodyguard rules, as everyone I talked to - wolf or villager -did not know that the Hoplite could not guard himself.
Old 04-23-2009, 07:29 PM   #536
Poli
FOFC Survivor

It was a bit of a bummer!
Old 04-23-2009, 07:31 PM   #537
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
I have to admit Heinzy snowed me when he came in clearing me. I missed it, I guess saldana was bad too?

I actually didn't try to protect anyone the first night as I mistakenly thought plain villagers were also called hoplites. In fact, in my first post I nearly declared myself a villager and a hoplite.

I guess I labeled you correctly in the Sparta thread after your death.....

Quote:
I mean the same could be asked of Poli. Why did he declare war? He was a villager. I think his had more to do with his not giving a shit than any strategy, but still he was a villager that declared war much as I was.

Truthfully I think the best argument for declaring war was one I wasn't willing to go for but Poli did. I conjured up some bullshit story for myself declaring war when in reality my reason was much the same as Poli's. It would have been more fun that way.
Old 04-23-2009, 07:32 PM   #538
Poli
FOFC Survivor

high fives dubb. It's scary sometimes how we think alike.
Old 04-23-2009, 07:41 PM   #539
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Saldana was a villager. Your wolves in Sparta were Jackal, Heinz, and Danny.
Old 04-23-2009, 08:04 PM   #540
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Oh wait, saldana wouldn't know based on the timing. Nevermind.
Old 04-23-2009, 08:14 PM   #541
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
I'm not sure anyone read the bodyguard rules, as everyone I talked to - wolf or villager -did not know that the Hoplite could not guard himself.

That was another mistake in game design I think, lost in the shuffle of everything else. At the time I put that rule in, I had two BGs. But I got rid of that idea when I realized how ridiculously easy it would be for the villagers in Hades, and should have let the BG protect himself at that point.
Old 04-23-2009, 10:36 PM   #542
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

I knew!

Based on past reactions, though, I am pretty sure Abe didn't know (don't kill me, Abe... ).

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 09:40 AM   #543
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
And this still makes no sense whatsoever unless your name is...Eaglefan, of course.

WTF? Maybe you should stop playing if the only way you can deal with things is threatening to quit and personal attacks. Grow up!!!
Old 04-24-2009, 09:45 AM   #544
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Quote:

Yeah, I figured if I could be the one to announce the fact and clear you, I'd get some trust.

That and pretending to not know how I died, though I full well knew of course, since well, it was my (dumb) idea.
Old 04-24-2009, 10:01 AM   #545
Passacaglia
Coordinator

I still don't get why the wolves killed saldana, since he was going to die anyway. It seemed to me that it set off some alarm bells that the wolves were behind the duking, since they night-killed the guy who should have died anyway.
Old 04-24-2009, 10:06 AM   #546
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
I still don't get why the wolves killed saldana, since he was going to die anyway. It seemed to me that it set off some alarm bells that the wolves were behind the duking, since they night-killed the guy who should have died anyway.

Well, at the time BK and Clap weren't cleared, so there was a good amount of other people to still pin as bad. Plus, it enabled the "the wolves didn't want him lynched and to show up wolf so they sent him to Hades to start making night kills" line of attack.

It did mitigate the amount of trust Danny probably got from the move, but he still had apparent trust from it (most posts coming out had Danny as good) and he made it to the final 3 anyhow where he was mostly hosed either way
Old 04-24-2009, 10:12 AM   #547
Passacaglia
Coordinator

There's a lot of smoke and mirrors behind it, and while I don't think it was discussed in Sparta, it just shouldn't have passed the smell test that Danny was good, and duked it away from saldana, while at the same time, the wolves killed saldana. If Danny was good, the wolves would have thought saldana was going to die -- so how could they have killed him?
Old 04-24-2009, 10:17 AM   #548
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
No, I actually believed you were a villager, one of the few that I guessed correctly. (I guess I probably got at least half of the villagers correct, just none of the wolves).

Regarding using my name there, I guess I'm just sad that many people viewed playing with me to be that un-enjoyable or bad. (Not just you, several mentioned it of late). So the way I deal with things that really do bother me like that is to try to make light of it, thus my comment in response to it in a joking fashion I guess

It is all good though, I still enjoy reading along with the games and trying to guess. Just like when I was playing, some games I guess nearly everyone, and some games I bomb completely.

You should totally play in my Mine War game, shake some of the cobwebs off.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 12:31 PM   #549
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
WTF? Maybe you should stop playing if the only way you can deal with things is threatening to quit and personal attacks. Grow up!!!
Welcome to the ignore list. Party of you.
Old 04-24-2009, 12:39 PM   #550
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Can someone tell me why I was the first night kill? I really want to slam their head into a wall for that one. Unless it was you, Heinzy.

Last edited by Poli : 04-24-2009 at 12:39 PM.
Poli is offline   Reply With Quote