Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-22-2007, 02:58 AM   #1
Terps
College Prospect

Road To The Show (PS3 MLB '07)

I've been playing this mode more than anything so far on MLB '07, and it's very addictive. I've chosen to be a closer this time around, and figure this will be a quick moving dynasty, as it's a quick moving mode in the game.

I'm a 25 year old closer, and I chose a team at random and got the Kansas City Royals. I might not get many save opportunities at all if I even make it to the show, but we'll see how it goes.

I'm on veteran difficulty since I'm a noob to MLB The Show, with tweaked sliders (Pared's from OS, I think.) I use classic pitching since it seems more random as to where the pitch locations will be, ala High Heat's pitching interface.

Terps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 03:09 AM   #2
Terps
College Prospect

March 3rd, 2007

Well, it took 2 games, but I finally got called on to pitch in the 3rd game of the spring. The team broke a 6-6 tie with the Texas Rangers in the top of the 9th, scoring two runs to take an 8-6 lead. I get called on to close it out in the bottom half. Due up is Chris Stewart, Frank Catalanotto, and Matt Kata.

I get Stewart out on 2 pitches, a 4 seamer that he fouled off, and then he lined out to second baseman Mark Grudzielanek on a sinker. I then got Catalanotto to ground out to shortstop Tony Pena Jr. on another sinker. I fell behind Kata 2-0 but he swung at a fastball on the next pitch and popped it up to Grudzielanek.

An easy 1-2-3 inning to pick up a save in my first opportunity.

Todd Wellemeyer got the win in relief for us, and Akinori Otsuka picked up the loss.

Mike Sweeney powered the offense, going 3-5 and hitting 2 home runs.

Last edited by Terps : 05-22-2007 at 03:53 AM.
Old 05-22-2007, 03:22 AM   #3
Terps
College Prospect

March 10th, 2007

It's about another week before I get the chance to pitch again, and a hell of a spot I get thrown into. We're up 6-1 on the Cubs in the top of the 9th, but the Cubbies have the bases loaded and only one out. Buddy Bell hands the ball over to me and tells me he needs a ground ball here.

Left fielder Matt Murton is up and he's 0-3 on the day. I don't induce the grounder, but I'm able to strike Murton out on 4 pitches with a fastball low and outside.

Second baseman Ryan Theriot is up, 0-2 with a run scored and a base on balls. I miss with 3 straight fastballs, to run the count to 3-0. I get a called strike, then Theriot fouls one off to run the count full. He gives one a pretty good ride to left but Emil Brown is there to make the routine catch, and I've got myself my second save in as many tries.

Gil Meche picked up the win, only pitching an inning in relief. Wade Miller got the loss, he started the game and gave up 4 runs in 3 innings of work.

Mark Teahen, Alex Gordon and Mike Sweeney all homered for us.

Old 05-22-2007, 03:42 AM   #4
Terps
College Prospect

March 14th, 2007

Another 4 days before I get the chance to pitch again. This time in a close game with the Colorado Rockies. We're up 3-2 heading to the top of the 9th and I get called to close it out once again.

The bottom of the order is due to face me, Kazuo Matsui, John Mabry and Yorvit Torrealba. All three players are hitless on the day.

I give up my first hit of the spring on a single to center by Matsui, and now the possible tying run is on. I'm hoping for a grounder here to try to get my defense to turn two for me.

Mabry hits a sharp liner to second for the first out but Matsui just barely gets back to first in time to avoid being doubled off.

I walk Torrealba on 5 pitches, and now I have runners on 1st and 2nd with only one away.

I continue to struggle with my control, throwing 3 straight fastballs to Garrett Atkins that all miss. 2 more fastballs right down the middle that Atkins takes get me back to a 3-2 count.

Atkins drives one to deep right center and Emil Brown hauls it in, but the runners advance to 2nd and 3rd.

Jeff Baker checks his swing but still hits a tapper to second, but Alex Gordon doesn't cover first and I don't get over in time and the run scores from 3rd to tie it at 3. Todd Helton now steps in with runners on the corners.

Helton hits a laser to left but right at Ross Gload for the final out of the inning.

Mark Teahen ends up winning the game for us in the 11th on a 2 run walk off homer.

I suffer my first blown save, going an inning, giving up a run on 2 hits and walking one. David Riske picked up the win for us, while Taylor Buchholz took the loss.

Old 05-22-2007, 03:50 AM   #5
Terps
College Prospect

March 17th, 2007

Another 3 days before I get to pitch again. We're up 10-6 in the top of the 9th against the Diamondbacks. The DBacks have already plated one run this inning, and I come in with runners on first and second and two away and Orlando Hudson at the plate, who is 0-4.

2 pitches, and Hudson lines up right back up the middle past my head, scoring the run from 2nd.

Brian Barden steps in and goes first pitch swinging, grounding out to 2nd to end the game and giving me my 3rd save of the spring.

Jorge De La Rosa picks up the win, Brandon Webb got shelled in his start taking the loss, he didn't make it out of the 2nd inning and gave up 8 runs on 11 hits and walked 2.

Mike Sweeney led the offense again, going 4-5 with a homer and 5 RBI.

Last edited by Terps : 05-22-2007 at 03:52 AM.
Old 05-22-2007, 04:06 AM   #6
Terps
College Prospect

March 19th, 2007

Down 5-2 against the White Sox, the offense exploded for 5 runs in the bottom of the 8th to make it 7-5. The turn the game over to me in the top of the 9th with the top of the order due up.

I get Pablo Ozuna to ground out to short on a sinker low and inside for the first out.

Rob Mackowiak steps in, I get ahead on the count 1-2, and he fouls off 5 straight before grounding out to Jason LaRue at first for the second out. That brings up Jime Thome, with Paul konerko waiting on deck if he gets on.

Thome swings at the first pitch and drives a single into right. Konerko steps in 2-4 with a homer and 2 RBI on the day.

Konerko also swings at the first pitch fastball and singles into right for his 3rd hit of the day. Jim Thome manages to get to 3rd on a close play.

Brian Anderson is the pinch hitter for Alex Cintron with runners on the corners and 2 away. I get Anderson to strike out swinging on a 2-2 count on a fastball at the knees to end the game.
Old 05-22-2007, 04:16 AM   #7
Terps
College Prospect

March 22nd, 2007

We go into extra innings in this one. No scoring since the 7th inning where we tied it up at 4. We tack on a run in the top of the 11th to make it 5-4 and head to the bottom of the inning where they turn it over to me once again.

The 9, 1, and 2 hitters are due for Oakland. Bobby Crosby, Shannon Stewart, and Bobby Kielty.

Crosby nails one to deep center where DeJesus catches it on the track right in front of the 421 sign.

Stewart lines one past second base for a single.

One the first pitch to Bobby Kielty, Stewart takes off for second but John Buck helps my cause and makes a perfect throw to gun him down.

Bobby Kielty hits one to deep right but it's caught at the track by Teahen to end the game.

Esteban German gets the player of the game for us, going 4-6 with 2 doubles and a RBI.

Joakim Soria picks up the win in relief, Huston Street takes the loss and I pick up my 5th save.
Old 05-22-2007, 04:27 AM   #8
Terps
College Prospect

March 28th, 2007

We're nearing the end of the spring now, only a few more games left, it will remain to be seen where I'll end up once March is over with.

We're up 3-2 on San Diego in the bottom of the 9th, and it's my time to shine once again. They have their 4, 5, and 6 hitters due up. Kevin Kouzmanoff, Terrmel Sledge, and Josh Bard.

Kouzmanoff singles to center to lead things off for them.

Sledge pounds one to right but doesn't quite get all of it, as Teahen hauls it in just shy of the warning track.

I get Josh Bard to ground to second and my defense turns the double play to end the game.

Mike Sweeney gets player of the game honors, going 2-3 with a double and a RBI.

Odalis Perez went 5 to pick up the win, Greg Maddux took the loss in relief giving up 3 runs in just 1 inning of work. I pick up my 6th save of the spring.
Old 05-22-2007, 04:35 AM   #9
Terps
College Prospect

March 30th, 2007

We're playing this one in Minute Maid, and it's a little different playing in front of a sold out crwod than a dinky spring training stadium. We're up 8-7 going to the bottom of the 9th against Houston. The top of the order is due, Adam Everett, Luke Scott and Mark Loretta.

Everett steps in 2-2 on the day with a RBI and 2 walks. lines out to center.

Luke Scott singles up the middle, now only needing a triple for the cycle.

Loretta grounds to Pena Jr. at short for the 6-4-3 double play to end the game.

Mark Teahen picks up the player of the game, going 1-3 with a 3 run homer.

Jimmy Gobble picks up the win in relief, only working one inning. Qualls takes the loss, giving up the go ahead run in the top of the 8th inning. I pick up my 7th save.

We wrap up the spring tomorrow in Minute Maid once again.

Last edited by Terps : 05-22-2007 at 04:37 AM.
Old 05-22-2007, 04:47 AM   #10
Terps
College Prospect

March 31st, 2007

Down 5-4 heading to the 9th, we score 2 in the top of the 9th inning to make it a 6-5 game, and giving me one final chance to show my stuff to close down the game.

Humberto Quintero comes on to pinch hit to start the bottom of the 9th off.

Quintero takes me deep to left on a ball that just barely clears the scoreboard. Game is now tied at 6 with Craig Biggio coming up.

Biggio also hits one deep to left, but this one stays in the park as Emil Brown hauls it in on the warning track. That brings up Morgan Ensberg who is 2-3 on the day.

Ensberg swings at the first pitch fastball and DeJesus catches it just in front of the hill in center. That brings up dangerous power hitter Lance Berkman with two outs. He's 1-4 on the evening.

He grounds out to short to end the inning, but the damage has already been done.

Surprisingly, they don't hit for me and I have my first at bat of the spring. I make myself look foolish swinging at a change up, and then weakly ground out to 3rd.

We end up winning 8-7 in the 10th and I pick up the win with Joakim Soria picking up the save.
Old 05-22-2007, 04:54 AM   #11
Terps
College Prospect

Well, spring training has come to an end. I pitched in 9 games, picking up 7 saves, 2 blown saves and went 1-0. I had a 2.25 ERA, and in 8 innings, allowed 9 hits, 2 runs, 1 BB, and 2 K's.

(I'm not offered a contract, so I'm not sure what happens now. I'm not on the Royals, or the AAA or AA teams.)
Old 05-22-2007, 09:20 AM   #12
korme
Go Reds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terps View Post
Well, spring training has come to an end. I pitched in 9 games, picking up 7 saves, 2 blown saves and went 1-0. I had a 2.25 ERA, and in 8 innings, allowed 9 hits, 2 runs, 1 BB, and 2 K's.

(I'm not offered a contract, so I'm not sure what happens now. I'm not on the Royals, or the AAA or AA teams.)

Unfortunately, you have to sim an entire season as a free agent - or start over.
korme is offline   Reply With Quote