Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 12-30-2011, 09:50 AM   #651
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Watched Season of the Witch last night. Good stuff as long as you don't take it too seriously.
Mizzou B-ball fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 09:55 AM   #652
hoopsguy
General Manager

Started watching Burn Notice last night. My wife has seen the last couple of seasons, but the Season 1 stuff is new for both of us.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 10:09 AM   #653
PilotMan
Head Coach

As of today, Office Space, African Queen. Both versions of True Grit are available, as is Jingle All the Way, if you are still looking for a holiday movie.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 10:22 AM   #654
molson
General Manager

Portlandia. I love that show. Season 2 starts this month sometime. Season 1 is now streaming.

Last edited by molson : 01-01-2012 at 10:22 AM.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 08:57 PM   #655
tarcone
Coordinator

Blue Mountain St. season 3 is available.
tarcone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 01:44 PM   #656
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

If you want a doubleheader, watch The Black Power Mixtape (1967-1975) , which is a documentary using Swedish filmmakers footage from that time with voiceovers from a variety of hip-hop artists like Questlove, Mos Def and others. The most interesting part of it though is the footage itself.

Fire in Babylon is a documentary about the West Indies Cricket Team in the 1970s and their ascent to the top of the world in that sport. It's especially interesting not just about cricket, as well as about the socio-cultural climate of that time. But the cricket footage, interviews with the players of that time right now is also fun.
Young Drachma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 04:01 PM   #657
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

I've started watching City Hunter a Korean show.
Old 01-23-2012, 08:02 AM   #658
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Watched Red Hill, an Australian neo-Western made in 2010.

It was beautifully filmed but cliche-ridden. But I guess that was okay, because aside from a slow start, once the exposition was over, it moved quickly and onwards to its final conclusion.

Still, when your protagonist is an emasculated police officer who moved to the country at the bequest of his wife and you start up at your first day on the job missing your gun and showing up late, I'm thinking it's a big hole to dig out of.

When an escaped convict who is a half-burned Aborigine who is considered "the best tracker" of Red Hill and quite ruthless with a shotgun comes back to roost, you best believe blood will flow.

Still while I connected the dots rather quickly, I wasn't upset at the rather hasty journey. I could tell before some twists that perhaps the violence and ruthlessness was masked by something deeper.

You don't really get to know too many of the characters along the way, they merely propel the story forward. So there is no real sense of suspense when it comes to its midway point, you know the characters that are going to stick around and which ones won't be.

Yet, the ending did grip me with some emotion, perhaps that was the surprise, even if it was perhaps a play on that emotion.

Still a pretty brisk watch that was enjoyable to me.
"General Woundwort's body was never found. It could be that he still lives his fierce life somewhere else, but from that day on, mother rabbits would tell their kittens that if they did not do as they were told, the General would get them. Such was Woundwort's monument, and perhaps it would not have displeased him." Watership Down, Richard Adams
Qwikshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 09:03 AM   #659
dave731
High School JV

Tucker and Dale vs. Evil was a nice surprise...very funny stuff.
dave731 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 02:58 PM   #660
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuikSand View Post
Being John Malkovich - I just re-watched this via Netflix, and had clerly forgotten how fond I was/am of it. Now I have a major itch to go back and rewatch Adaptation too.

triple plusplus!
CrimsonFox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 11:33 PM   #661
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

Finally got around to seeing Senna. Very much worth the wait.
Old 01-26-2012, 11:37 PM   #662
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
A great, under-appreciated movie available in Netflix On-Demand is the Richard Pryor movie "Moving". Watched this with my cousin, and we were laughing our asses off.
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 07:28 AM   #663
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartman View Post
A great, under-appreciated movie available in Netflix On-Demand is the Richard Pryor movie "Moving". Watched this with my cousin, and we were laughing our asses off.

I've seen that a few times since it originally came out, yes it is a fantastic comedy.
Old 01-27-2012, 09:38 AM   #664
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Wife and I watched 'The Kill Point'. Good miniseries about a bank robbery gone bad.
Old 01-27-2012, 09:59 AM   #665
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Just finished the first season of "Downton Abbey" after hearing about it so much. Now kinda want the Blu-ray.
Old 01-28-2012, 04:45 PM   #666
sabotai
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Cloud View Post
I've started watching City Hunter a Korean show.

I'm watching the Korean show Boys Over Flowers. It's a high school drama that so hilariously over dramatic.
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 10:13 PM   #667
Izulde
Head Coach

Is that based on the manga of the same name?

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 12:04 AM   #668
Scoobz0202
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthean View Post
Finally got around to seeing Senna. Very much worth the wait.

I had been meaning to watch this and you reminded me to. I don't follow Formula One. I probably know more about it then the average American, but not much. I knew the story of his wreck, but not much else. That being said, this was an outstanding documentary. Truly one of the better ones I've seen in a few years.
Scoobz0202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 12:46 AM   #669
sabotai
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izulde View Post
Is that based on the manga of the same name?

I didn't realize that it was based on a manga, but I looked it up and yes it is. Seems to be really popular since a Japanese show and Taiwanese show were also made based on it.
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 01:53 PM   #670
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Monkey Shines-Guy gets paralyzed. He gets a smart monkey to help him around the house. At some point the monkey goes crazy and starts killing people that are hurting his master. Stars the guy who plays Bates on Californication and some other nobodies. Directed by George Romero.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 02:19 PM   #671
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Breaking Bad - Finally started watching this last Sunday night and have already burned through 7 episodes. It lives up to the hype.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 02:40 PM   #672
Peregrine
Pro Starter

I watched a British series, Stephen Fry in America, where he travels briefly to each state in the US - pretty funny at times as well as entertaining just to see his reaction to some things.
Your guilty conscience may force you to vote Democratic, but deep down inside you secretly long for a cold-hearted Republican to lower taxes, brutalize criminals, and rule you like a king. --Sideshow Bob
Peregrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 02:41 PM   #673
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honolulu_Blue View Post
Breaking Bad - Finally started watching this last Sunday night and have already burned through 7 episodes. It lives up to the hype.
It's one of the rare shows that actually gets better the more you get into it.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 02:48 PM   #674
cody8200
High School Varsity

I found this British show - Peep Show. Hands down, the funniest show I have seen in years. If you find it a little slow at first, hang with it. I watched all 7 seasons (6 episodes per series) in a week. Lots of cursing but no nudity or anything despite the name. Try it out and let me know what you think. My wife didn't like it but I thought it was fricking great. The show is coming back for season 8 and 9 as well which gives me something to look forward to.
cody8200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 03:00 PM   #675
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Louie Season 1 is on Netflix. If you haven't watched it, you're really missing out. This show is really brutal to watch at times, with how honest it can be. It is refreshing to watch something that wasn't focus grouped to death.
Old 02-03-2012, 05:19 PM   #676
tarcone
Coordinator

Love Breaking Bad.
Love Tucker and Dale Vs. Evil.

Thanks for the suggestions in this thread.
tarcone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 05:33 PM   #677
dave731
High School JV

I have started watching Firefly...I missed it when it was on but heard nothing but good about it. So far I like it.

I still laugh out loud about Tucker and Dale moments...just a hilarious movie.
dave731 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 06:01 PM   #678
terpkristin
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine View Post
I watched a British series, Stephen Fry in America, where he travels briefly to each state in the US - pretty funny at times as well as entertaining just to see his reaction to some things.

I'm excited about this one, thanks for the tip!

/tk
terpkristin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 05:54 PM   #679
terpkristin
Grizzled Veteran

I just finished watching Special When Lit and Word Wars. I knew I was a nerd, but I have NOTHING on the people featured in these two documentaries. I have to wonder when some of the footage was taken for Special When Lit. It looked like the 80's based on clothes and haircuts, but the film was released in 2009 so it's hard to know without cues in the film. Also, I can't imagine being so focused on Scrabble that I can't hold down a job..

/tk
terpkristin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 10:44 PM   #680
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoobz0202 View Post
I had been meaning to watch this and you reminded me to. I don't follow Formula One. I probably know more about it then the average American, but not much. I knew the story of his wreck, but not much else. That being said, this was an outstanding documentary. Truly one of the better ones I've seen in a few years.

That was a rough one to watch knowing the outcome but still riveting.

Spoiler
"General Woundwort's body was never found. It could be that he still lives his fierce life somewhere else, but from that day on, mother rabbits would tell their kittens that if they did not do as they were told, the General would get them. Such was Woundwort's monument, and perhaps it would not have displeased him." Watership Down, Richard Adams

Last edited by Qwikshot : 02-04-2012 at 10:46 PM.
Qwikshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 11:47 PM   #681
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Started watching Boss Season 1. It's...an interesting show. A bit too dark for me, but as my best friend said, episodes 6 & 7 were worth it. Still, the show is a bit too grim for me. Great acting by Kelsey Grammer tho.

Last edited by Young Drachma : 02-04-2012 at 11:47 PM.
Old 02-06-2012, 02:14 PM   #682
Barkeep49
Coordinator

I thought Boss Season 1 was part of Starz and that expired?
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 02:38 PM   #683
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
I thought Boss Season 1 was part of Starz and that expired?

I think it's later this month.
Old 02-06-2012, 03:27 PM   #684
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
I think it's later this month.
*sigh* So I better watch quickly...
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 06:50 PM   #685
Scoobz0202
Pro Rookie

Not Netflix, but wasn't sure where to put it.

Hour long documentary on assisted suicide.

Terry Pratchett - Choosing to die on Vimeo

Terry Pratchett - Choosing to die from Lisette Leona on Vimeo.

Last edited by Scoobz0202 : 02-06-2012 at 06:50 PM.
Scoobz0202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 08:22 PM   #686
ColtCrazy
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cody8200 View Post
I found this British show - Peep Show. Hands down, the funniest show I have seen in years. If you find it a little slow at first, hang with it. I watched all 7 seasons (6 episodes per series) in a week. Lots of cursing but no nudity or anything despite the name. Try it out and let me know what you think. My wife didn't like it but I thought it was fricking great. The show is coming back for season 8 and 9 as well which gives me something to look forward to.

If you l like that, look at That Mitchell and Webb Look on Netflix. It's sketch comedy with the guys from Peep Show. Some really good sketches in that one (personal favorite are the two football ones)
ColtCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 10:20 AM   #687
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

High School of the Dead, a fun (if shallow) anime appetizer for tonight's return of The Walking Dead
Old 02-13-2012, 08:47 AM   #688
cody8200
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColtCrazy View Post
If you l like that, look at That Mitchell and Webb Look on Netflix. It's sketch comedy with the guys from Peep Show. Some really good sketches in that one (personal favorite are the two football ones)

Thanks for the tip. i started watching through this stuff as well. Not quite as good but better than most sketch shows. Good stuff.
cody8200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 08:57 AM   #689
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Watched Ironclad. Good show about a segment of England's history I didn't know much about.
Old 02-13-2012, 12:51 PM   #690
ColtCrazy
College Starter

Like someone earlier, my wife and I finally decide to watch Downton Abbey. We were only going to watch one episode last night...ended up watching 3 straight. Great series. Even the first episode has so much going on. You instantly have characters you like (Anna, the Lord of the house, Bates) and those you don't (I wanted to see Mrs. O'Brien and Thomas get eaten by wolverines by the end of the first episode). We'll probably finish series 1 in the next couple of days then scramble to find series 2 somewhere.
ColtCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 03:24 PM   #691
lcjjdnh
College Prospect

Would someone be able to tell me if Memoirs of a Geisha is streaming on Netflix? Need to watch it for a class. Not available to rent on iTunes or Amazon, so figured Netflix might be a cheaper option.
lcjjdnh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 03:26 PM   #692
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by lcjjdnh View Post
Would someone be able to tell me if Memoirs of a Geisha is streaming on Netflix? Need to watch it for a class. Not available to rent on iTunes or Amazon, so figured Netflix might be a cheaper option.

It is not.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 03:37 PM   #693
lcjjdnh
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honolulu_Blue View Post
It is not.

Thanks for checking.
lcjjdnh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 03:39 PM   #694
digamma
Torchbearer

SENNA
digamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 03:49 PM   #695
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColtCrazy View Post
Like someone earlier, my wife and I finally decide to watch Downton Abbey. We were only going to watch one episode last night...ended up watching 3 straight. Great series. Even the first episode has so much going on. You instantly have characters you like (Anna, the Lord of the house, Bates) and those you don't (I wanted to see Mrs. O'Brien and Thomas get eaten by wolverines by the end of the first episode). We'll probably finish series 1 in the next couple of days then scramble to find series 2 somewhere.

I think it is available on PBS.com. I checked it out, and will probably sit down and watch it soon.
Old 02-14-2012, 03:50 PM   #696
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

re: Memoirs of a Geisha: You could try to search Red Box near you (you can see if they have it online).

Last edited by ISiddiqui : 02-14-2012 at 03:51 PM.
ISiddiqui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 03:52 PM   #697
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
I think it is available on PBS.com. I checked it out, and will probably sit down and watch it soon.

Yep. That is the ONLY place its on. I guess PBS doesn't contract with Netflix or Amazon or even cable companies (its not OnDemand). Also what sucked is that Netflix only has it in SD.

When I watched the 2nd season in HD (it's currently running), I was blown away at how beautiful it looked. Ridiculously gorgeous.
Old 02-14-2012, 04:07 PM   #698
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISiddiqui View Post
Yep. That is the ONLY place its on. I guess PBS doesn't contract with Netflix or Amazon or even cable companies (its not OnDemand).

Odd. I know I watched a PBS documentary on there at one point.
Old 02-14-2012, 04:14 PM   #699
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthean View Post
Odd. I know I watched a PBS documentary on there at one point.

There's lots of PBS shows on Netflix. But they don't have the most recent seasons in some cases.
Old 02-14-2012, 04:56 PM   #700
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

IIRC those are all released on DVD already.