Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 12-27-2005, 06:41 PM   #701
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49
I would say Dubb equaled the Witness in this game as we almost killed him (or at least I seriously considered pushing him). Once he made his empath play I was able to figure out who he was and what he was doing, but the wolves not knowing who the cultist is, and even that there is a cultist, is a disadvantage.

I have to diasgree, as te cultist will go along with you guys, never push to get you guys lynched, or realyl be a threat...unless hes stupid...hes never going to get night killed unless he messes up somehow
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2005, 06:43 PM   #702
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade6119
I have to diasgree, as te cultist will go along with you guys, never push to get you guys lynched, or realyl be a threat...unless hes stupid...hes never going to get night killed unless he messes up somehow
Why? It's very hard to kill people that are going against you without raising suspcion. That's a big reason why we kept knocking off the quiet players, of which Dubb was one. Don't forget that the witness basically equals a dead wolf by Day 3.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2005, 07:05 PM   #703
st.cronin
General Manager

I knew Raiders was a villager! Dubb's play would make NO sense otherwise. You guys blew that one.

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2005, 08:43 PM   #704
RPI-Fan
Pro Starter

I tried to make this as balanced as I could. I figured that a "base" game is 3 wolves (1 of them brutal), 1 seer, 1 herbalist, and 11 villagers. Here, I added a witness (+ for villagers), The Posse (small + for villagers), and a cultist (+ for wolves). Seemed alright to me... I hope that someone in the future, or I guess perhaps myself, messes with The Posse in the future.
Old 12-27-2005, 08:46 PM   #705
RPI-Fan
Pro Starter

FTR, Raiders & Schmidty tried to get dubb & ardent (not necessarily in that order). I believe the dubb kill was in my inbox first too. If you guys had gotten The Posse to knock off dubb, that would have been huge.
Old 12-27-2005, 08:54 PM   #706
saldana
Pro Starter

nice game everyone! i have to echo the sentiments of others that Blade is a scary player...i didnt think barkeep had a chance of surviving once he was in Blade's sight.

I would like to point out to those saying that the cultist was basically unkillable, that i tried really hard to kill him instead of dying myself, which would basically have given the game away, as his midgame move turned this into an unloseable situation for us. Great job barkeep and wvufan...i would have been onboard with all the kills you made if it werent for the fact that my rotting pelt was hanging from a tree somewhere.

thanks RPI, great job....see you all in the demons game
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2005, 09:42 PM   #707
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Well, I pretty much hosed that game. It took me a long time, but when it came down to the last two days, I figured Blade was good and was pretty much going to follow whatever direction he took.

Well, the whole witness thing is kinda like a freebie, but honestly the wolves could decide not to make a night 1 kill (fake out). The fact they were able to ID the witness, pretty much takes out the ability to use a lot of deception. It probably would have been just as good if you had 2 wolves and no witness. Actually, probably better for the villagers.

I don't know how I feel about the posse, the rules just seemed too convoluted and extreme for it to ever work.

Good game to all, RA had me fooled up one side and down the other. And Dubb's play was awesome. I think Blade pointed out somewhere that both of Dubb's player identifications were probably villagers. When I read that, I really thought that made sense, but it was so hard to listen to that internally.

Also, I now understand why people want to gun for the silent players.
Grammaticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2005, 10:18 PM   #708
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

Actually I wouldn't have went along with them trying to kill me. On day 1 I tried to hint support for Saldana, but on day 2 he came out gunning for me and I went back at him. Only late in the day b/f Gram revealed his role did I unvote him, hoping Gram was out for the night.

I had my fake reveal planned from day 1, I was just waiting for a chance to frame 2 villagers. In my mind, I felt taking a shot @ killing off 3 people that count as villagers was more important than saving 1 wolf. So if Barkeep had pushed me he probably would have ended up dead too.
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2005, 10:21 PM   #709
Poli
FOFC Survivor

I'm just surprised at your willingness to die. Had I had the role, I wouldn't have been so willing.

In my mind/opinion, being dead at the end of the game doesn't mean you've won, even if your team does end up winning.

Last edited by Poli : 12-27-2005 at 10:21 PM.
Poli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2005, 10:33 PM   #710
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardent enthusiast
I'm just surprised at your willingness to die. Had I had the role, I wouldn't have been so willing.

In my mind/opinion, being dead at the end of the game doesn't mean you've won, even if your team does end up winning.

I believe that is where we differ in thought. I feel that if I was a villager and die and the villagers end up winning I didn't win. But on the other side it is completely different. Sometimes on the other side you HAVE to sacrifice yourself, and that is exactly what I did. In dieing I set up RA and the winning kill.
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2005, 12:11 AM   #711
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubb93
I believe that is where we differ in thought. I feel that if I was a villager and die and the villagers end up winning I didn't win. But on the other side it is completely different. Sometimes on the other side you HAVE to sacrifice yourself, and that is exactly what I did. In dieing I set up RA and the winning kill.

When i was the turncoat, the famous like 5 fake role reveals i pulled game surmounting in the newspapers reporters assistant, i survived and won with the wolves. Speaking myself, if i had died but the wolves won i still would have felt like i lost. If i die, i lose...regardless of who wins ultimately...
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
Old 12-28-2005, 12:14 AM   #712
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by saldana
nice game everyone! i have to echo the sentiments of others that Blade is a scary player...i didnt think barkeep had a chance of surviving once he was in Blade's sight.
Wow, thanks again guys...i really just got lucky on a few reads, nothing more. If i was a good player the villagers would have won as i had a few reads down pat and couldnt change a thing(dacman, sun, and taz still got killed, barkeep lived). Saldana just got unlucky to get witnessed. The wolves played a great game, and all the kudos go to them.
Demotivation
Old 12-28-2005, 12:16 AM   #713
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grammaticus
Well, I pretty much hosed that game. It took me a long time, but when it came down to the last two days, I figured Blade was good and was pretty much going to follow whatever direction he took.

Good game to all, RA had me fooled up one side and down the other. And Dubb's play was awesome. I think Blade pointed out somewhere that both of Dubb's player identifications were probably villagers. When I read that, I really thought that made sense, but it was so hard to listen to that internally.
Sorry to let you down then...after dacman and taz, i got to the point where i was dismayed that no one was listening to me and basically just gave in to the group momentum. If i hadnt, and had stuck to barkeep, we might still be playing and closing in on the win. I apologize to my whole team for letting them down
Demotivation
Old 12-28-2005, 12:56 AM   #714
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Sorry to let you down then...after dacman and taz, i got to the point where i was dismayed that no one was listening to me and basically just gave in to the group momentum. If i hadnt, and had stuck to barkeep, we might still be playing and closing in on the win. I apologize to my whole team for letting them down
You didn't let us down, we just hosed ourselves. I was so bent on testing RA that I was not vocal about much else. What I meant was, I should have listened to my instincts about what you were saying earlier, because you were pretty much on the right track. About the only instinct of mine that was right, was dacman being good.

You did really well and I learned a good bit from this game. It is difficult to really peg who is full of crap and who is not.
Grammaticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2005, 01:09 AM   #715
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardent enthusiast

when i am a villager, i agree with this idea...being dead but killing all the wolves doesnt count as a win for me, but as a wolf, if the wolves win and your death counted for something, i still count it as a win...which i do for myself even though i was dead on day two...we (the wolves) assumed that the witness would be one of the newer players and that he would use his role on the first chance he had instead of trying to save it for a more tactical time in the game, so i volunteered to make the kill knowing that i would be seen because i was the only wolf with no special role...basically i took one for the team, and it worked out because WVUFan was able to knock out the posse by sending in an action that disbanded them, and barkeep would have been crushing to you all if he had been lynched. add the fact that my play on day 2 caused enough confusion to leave you all with no idea who the other wolves were, and i think i did enough to call this one a win even though i was dead for 2/3 of the game.

and Blade, you are very welcome, all the praise is well earned, which i think explains why you get killed on the first day all the time...and you will forgive me if i take a certain amount of ego points from the fact that i had you fooled on day 2.
Old 12-28-2005, 01:22 AM   #716
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by saldana
and Blade, you are very welcome, all the praise is well earned, which i think explains why you get killed on the first day all the time...and you will forgive me if i take a certain amount of ego points from the fact that i had you fooled on day 2.

You did indeed, i was quite sure you were good before the other canidate, just not 100% so i decided not to risk it...you convinced me enough even after you died i didnt trust gramat, especially when he backed barkeep. You had me fooled, bravo buddy
Demotivation
Old 12-28-2005, 01:24 AM   #717
Blade6119
Coordinator

Dola, can i call harry potter secret role? Make sure i have a good role
Demotivation
Old 12-28-2005, 01:26 AM   #718
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Dola, can i call harry potter secret role? Make sure i have a good role
not now that you outed my plot line

your role will be....squib....you have no powers...you will just sit idly by and wait to be killed while playing with your cat.
Old 12-28-2005, 08:40 AM   #719
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
When i was the turncoat, the famous like 5 fake role reveals i pulled game surmounting in the newspapers reporters assistant, i survived and won with the wolves. Speaking myself, if i had died but the wolves won i still would have felt like i lost. If i die, i lose...regardless of who wins ultimately...
Same feeling here.
Old 12-28-2005, 09:40 AM   #720
RPI-Fan
Pro Starter

I'm really surprised at the dead/not-dead school of thought. I think those who feel they lose if they die hurt the villagers. Some of my "wacky" villager plays are designed to reveal information, even if it means I die before the game ends.

I think next time I run a game, I'll emphasize that you wni equally if you die or are alive at the end, as I think that migh thave an effect on gameplay.