Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-04-2006, 03:51 PM   #101
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Here's my vote: Glengoyne. I think Glengoyne is a wolf, because the real seer shouldn't be quite so clumsy in seeming so certain about someone. His post accusing Lonestargirl reads to me like someone saying "over here over here I'm the seer." And that would be something the real seer wouldn't do, and something no innocent villager/herbalist would do. Therefore Glengoyne is a wolf. Makes sense to me.

i won't miss the vote tonight. lemme just fill you all in on my RL craziness right now though so you know I'm not BSing.

My store is closed for remodel and they are letting us back in to setup as of 2pm tomorrow. So I'm dealing with all that uncertainty and stuff. Tomorrow I go straight from work @ 6:30 to my best friend's bachelor party. friday i work in the AM until like 3pm, then have the rehearsal dinner at my house at 6:30. Saturday is the wedding, and then sunday i work at 5am.

So honestly I probably shouldn't have hopped into this game, as things are crazy right now RL-wise. And for some reason IE won't work on my phone, so it's impossible for me to keep up while I'm out (although I will be fixing that tonight so that i can at least vote).
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 03:58 PM   #102
spleen1015
Coordinator

I didn't see the seer angle on Glengoyne. It is a good point and something to consider.

He may also be the real seer, but due to inexperience, he has made a mistake with seemingly being obvious about it.
spleen1015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 04:01 PM   #103
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by spleen1015 View Post
I didn't see the seer angle on Glengoyne. It is a good point and something to consider.

He may also be the real seer, but due to inexperience, he has made a mistake with seemingly being obvious about it.

true true. i considered that. giving him the benefit of the doubt then, should we off lonestargirl and if she ends up being innocent off him next?
Old 10-04-2006, 04:07 PM   #104
spleen1015
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
true true. i considered that. giving him the benefit of the doubt then, should we off lonestargirl and if she ends up being innocent off him next?

The way he presented it makes me want to believe that he is the seer and knows for sure.

I think it may have been a bad move to come right out with it. If LoneStarGirl gets it tonight and turns out to be a wolf, I think it is a pretty safe bet that Glengoyne will be the next one to go since all signs point to him being the seer.

If that is the case, I hope the herbalist is paying attention. They could save him.
Old 10-04-2006, 04:07 PM   #105
Izulde
Head Coach

Actually when I'm in games with other people where I'm new to the whole deal, I tend to be pretty quiet period.

If you look at the HFL boards, you'll notice I'm not all that chatty there. It's a newness and other people thing.

As for going along with what other people are saying, I'm just assuming that they've watched the games and/or participated in one or two so they'd have a better idea of how we're going to figure out who the wolves are than I'd be able to piece together myself.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 04:09 PM   #106
spleen1015
Coordinator

BTW, DaddyTorgo, if you're really voting for Glengoyne, make sure you put it in bold so that it can be seen.
Old 10-04-2006, 04:10 PM   #107
oliegirl
Head Cheerleader

Location: Caught somewhere between Raising Hell and Amazing Grace...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Izulde View Post
Actually when I'm in games with other people where I'm new to the whole deal, I tend to be pretty quiet period.

If you look at the HFL boards, you'll notice I'm not all that chatty there. It's a newness and other people thing.

As for going along with what other people are saying, I'm just assuming that they've watched the games and/or participated in one or two so they'd have a better idea of how we're going to figure out who the wolves are than I'd be able to piece together myself.

Hmmm, first person to really defend himself after receiving votes...guilt or simply trying to be more active in the game?????
oliegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 04:10 PM   #108
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
BTW, DaddyTorgo, if you're really voting for Glengoyne, make sure you put it in bold so that it can be seen.

of course. i wasn't actually voting yet. i intend to spend the next 3 hours sitting on my ass, so plenty of time to vote when it gets a bit closer. i wanted to dialogue about the glengoyne thing with my fellow villagers first.
Old 10-04-2006, 04:10 PM   #109
spleen1015
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by oliegirl View Post
Hmmm, first person to really defend himself after receiving votes...guilt or simply trying to be more active in the game?????

It is because I'm hot on his trail!
Old 10-04-2006, 04:11 PM   #110
spleen1015
Coordinator

Quote:
of course. i wasn't actually voting yet. i intend to spend the next 3 hours sitting on my ass, so plenty of time to vote when it gets a bit closer. i wanted to dialogue about the glengoyne thing with my fellow villagers first.

I figured, but wanted to make sure. You brought something to my attention and I am grateful.

Let's just hope you are on the good side.
Old 10-04-2006, 04:12 PM   #111
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

i'm on the good side. much as i don't want to be. i'm sick of being a boring villager, i want to munch n crunch on some bones sometime man!
Old 10-04-2006, 04:21 PM   #112
Bek
High School JV

Quote:
Here's my vote: Glengoyne. I think Glengoyne is a wolf, because the real seer shouldn't be quite so clumsy in seeming so certain about someone. His post accusing Lonestargirl reads to me like someone saying "over here over here I'm the seer." And that would be something the real seer wouldn't do, and something no innocent villager/herbalist would do. Therefore Glengoyne is a wolf. Makes sense to me.

I saw it too, but didnt want to say anything, I was hoping that the wolves might have missed it and looked past it. Apparently, we werent on the same page, oh well, lets just hope that the bodyguard knows what he is doing tonight. And maybe the real seer would do that, although I do think that they might have tried to conceal it more. We will just have to wait and find out. I'm still not sure on my vote tonight, running a few ideas through my head right now and seeing which one is the most likely to be true.

--Bek
Bek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 04:24 PM   #113
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bek View Post
I saw it too, but didnt want to say anything, I was hoping that the wolves might have missed it and looked past it. Apparently, we werent on the same page, oh well, lets just hope that the bodyguard knows what he is doing tonight. And maybe the real seer would do that, although I do think that they might have tried to conceal it more. We will just have to wait and find out. I'm still not sure on my vote tonight, running a few ideas through my head right now and seeing which one is the most likely to be true.

--Bek

well the other thing to remember is that in a lot of respects this is a "training wheel" game, so *shrug* can't get upset at people for making legit mistakes like that if they actually were mistakes and not deliberate misinformation.

either glengoyne misplayed it, or didn't intend for it to come out worded like it did, or he's a wolf. if he ends up being the seer and we lynch him then at least we (assume) lonestargirl is a wolfy. hopefully he'll clarify for us before deadline if he's just an innocent villager who misplayed it, as IIRC secret roles are not revealed upon death in this game, but I don't think we can go wrong either going after him or lonestargirl. Take one today, and then depending on the result of that, take the other tomorrow, or they're cleared.
Old 10-04-2006, 04:27 PM   #114
Bek
High School JV

Quote:
well the other thing to remember is that in a lot of respects this is a "training wheel" game, so *shrug* can't get upset at people for making legit mistakes like that if they actually were mistakes and not deliberate misinformation.

either glengoyne misplayed it, or didn't intend for it to come out worded like it did, or he's a wolf. if he ends up being the seer and we lynch him then at least we (assume) lonestargirl is a wolfy. hopefully he'll clarify for us before deadline if he's just an innocent villager who misplayed it, as IIRC secret roles are not revealed upon death in this game, but I don't think we can go wrong either going after him or lonestargirl. Take one today, and then depending on the result of that, take the other tomorrow, or they're cleared.

im not getting mad at anyone, and if it came across like that well then im sorry but like you said we need some clarification form glengoyne. And for lonestar???...any reason that we shouldnt vote for you???
Old 10-04-2006, 04:30 PM   #115
Bek
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by oliegirl View Post

combintion of the two would be my guess, i think he has somethig to hide but doesnt want to come out with it. Therefore, he has to become more talkative so that he doesnt get lynched. Being active only helps him and the rest of us villagers, so I urge us all to be bouncing thoughts and ideas off of each other.

--Bek
Old 10-04-2006, 04:33 PM   #116
Bek
High School JV

Just throwing this out here as I see more and more people looking into the thread...with two vets dying the first 24 hr cycle, I believe someone knows what they are doing...this leads me to believe that we have a very smart wolf on our hands...someone that has expierence and realizes what a threat these two were if they could have lived. Any ideas on who it could be???
Old 10-04-2006, 04:35 PM   #117
Neuqua
Pro Rookie

Just letting you guys all know I'm checking out for the night. Won't be back until either very late tonight or early tomorrow morning. Here's hoping we did well.
Our Deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?
Neuqua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 04:36 PM   #118
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
im not getting mad at anyone, and if it came across like that well then im sorry but like you said we need some clarification form glengoyne. And for lonestar???...any reason that we shouldnt vote for you???

i didn't mean mad. what i meant was like, we can't be upset if that like costs us an ally.
Old 10-04-2006, 04:37 PM   #119
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuqua View Post
Just letting you guys all know I'm checking out for the night. Won't be back until either very late tonight or early tomorrow morning. Here's hoping we did well.

did you vote?
Old 10-04-2006, 04:38 PM   #120
lighthousekeeper
College Starter

Quote:
One thing I wonder about... Why aren't folks defending themselves when they get voted for?

Especially Lonestargirl, who's about to face the ol' rope. Please, LSG at least give us some kind of defense to go off of.
Old 10-04-2006, 04:38 PM   #121
Bek
High School JV

Quote:
i didn't mean mad. what i meant was like, we can't be upset if that like costs us an ally.

true, but it would be unfortunate, but I would like to keep as many villagers as we can.
Old 10-04-2006, 04:40 PM   #122
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
true, but it would be unfortunate, but I would like to keep as many villagers as we can.

well that is the goal
Old 10-04-2006, 04:40 PM   #123
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glengoyne View Post
I had my suspicions, now I'm positive. I would have raised my voice last evening, but for fear that I might be targetted this night.

VOTE LONESTARGIRL

Okay I've really just got a feeling, but it's a good feeling.

Is this the post in question? To me Glengoyne came off as suspicious with his whole my wife has no idea I might get eated tonight post. But, at this point, DaddyTorgo's idea seems like a good one.
Old 10-04-2006, 04:41 PM   #124
Bek
High School JV

Quote:
well that is the goal

indeed it is...
Old 10-04-2006, 04:45 PM   #125
Bek
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenEagle View Post
Is this the post in question? To me Glengoyne came off as suspicious with his whole my wife has no idea I might get eated tonight post. But, at this point, DaddyTorgo's idea seems like a good one.

yep thats the one....agreed with the whole wife thing...seems a little wolfie to me.

GE, any reason you voted for anxiety last night??? You seem like you know what you are doing in these games so I'm wondering why you would vote for one of the vets???...if anything i would think that they would have helped us with our ideas as they have a better feeling for the game...just wondering???

--Bek
Old 10-04-2006, 04:49 PM   #126
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
GE, any reason you voted for anxiety last night??? You seem like you know what you are doing in these games so I'm wondering why you would vote for one of the vets???...if anything i would think that they would have helped us with our ideas as they have a better feeling for the game...just wondering???
--Bek

I was a bit suspicious of him and Mr. Wednesday on the vote trading process. I figured I would put out the vote and try to see what kind of defense he put up. When Mr. W came back clean, I knew that Anxiety was likely good as well. We had some information there but the wolves took it away.
Old 10-04-2006, 04:54 PM   #127
Bek
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenEagle View Post
I was a bit suspicious of him and Mr. Wednesday on the vote trading process. I figured I would put out the vote and try to see what kind of defense he put up. When Mr. W came back clean, I knew that Anxiety was likely good as well. We had some information there but the wolves took it away.

could you really expect a defense???...It was day one and im not sure any player would really put up a defense. I agree with you on the him being good after Mr. W being good, it was unfortunate to see him go during the night.

--bek
Old 10-04-2006, 04:59 PM   #128
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
could you really expect a defense???...It was day one and im not sure any player would really put up a defense. I agree with you on the him being good after Mr. W being good, it was unfortunate to see him go during the night.

--bek

I was just fishing for some information. I think he had a date or whatever and really did not get to post much after I voted for him.

I have soccer practice tonight until after the deadline, so I am going to elect to go with DaddyTorgo's theory. I think we still have time to sacrifice a villager if we can catch a wolf. If we get lucky and LSG is a wolf, then we can clear Glengoyne and he can be protected tonight.

VOTE LONESTARGIRL
Old 10-04-2006, 05:01 PM   #129
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

Dang guys, I had to work so i couldn't defend myself.
When I got my pm from St. Cronin and he said i was a mere villager I was dissapionted because I thought it would be more fun to be a wolf. And now you all think I am a wolf! you will just be sorely dissapointed if i die tonight because you will see i am a boring villager.
LoneStarGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 05:02 PM   #130
Bek
High School JV

LSG, you arent looking good for tonight...any thoughts???
Old 10-04-2006, 05:02 PM   #131
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

I would start voting for Glen because I am not a wolf.
Old 10-04-2006, 05:03 PM   #132
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

You are all ganging up on me because you haven othing concrete to go on. You say i acted too innocent? is that all you have? Kind of shaky ground to stand on if you ask me
Old 10-04-2006, 05:03 PM   #133
hoopsguy
General Manager

Votes as of Post #132:

Lonestargirl 5 -- Glengoyne (71), Izulde (77), PackerFanatic (80), Neuqua (87), GoldenEagle (128)

Izulde 2 -- Oliegirl (96), Spleen1015 (100)

PackerFanatic 1 -- lighthousekeeper (78)

Not Voted: Lonestargirl, Bek, DaddyTorgo
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 05:04 PM   #134
Bek
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneStarGirl View Post

any ryhme or reason for that besides what has been said??? Seems like you are pretty lackluster about what is going on. So far nothing you have said has really convinced me otherwise.
Old 10-04-2006, 05:05 PM   #135
Izulde
Head Coach

DaddyTorgo voted Glengoyne (101)

He just didn't bold it.

Old 10-04-2006, 05:06 PM   #136
Bek
High School JV

Quote:

and if you are going for self preservation why would you not try to push us to Izulde, he is your best chance from the most recent post count from hoops

--Bek
Old 10-04-2006, 05:07 PM   #137
Bek
High School JV

Quote:
DaddyTorgo voted Glengoyne (101)

He just didn't bold it.

he didnt vote yet you have to read further on where he clarifies that that wasnt a vote but rather just a statement
Old 10-04-2006, 05:07 PM   #138
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

Well it doesn't seem to matter, we only have two people left to vote so it isn't going to change anything. It is day two, what defense can i have? I voted for Mr. Wednesday because i didn't have any 'feelings' about anybody else.
Old 10-04-2006, 05:08 PM   #139
Bek
High School JV

dola, post #108
Old 10-04-2006, 05:09 PM   #140
Izulde
Head Coach

Quote:
he didnt vote yet you have to read further on where he clarifies that that wasnt a vote but rather just a statement

Ahh good point. I missed that. Thanks

Old 10-04-2006, 05:09 PM   #141
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

voteizulde

Olie hit the nail on the head with this guy. He isn't talking and yet he is in the thread. He must be trying to hide something or thinks that if he hides in teh shadows we will forget about him and move on.
Old 10-04-2006, 05:10 PM   #142
Bek
High School JV

Quote:
Ahh good point. I missed that. Thanks

i do what i can
Old 10-04-2006, 05:12 PM   #143
Izulde
Head Coach

Quote:
voteizulde

Olie hit the nail on the head with this guy. He isn't talking and yet he is in the thread. He must be trying to hide something or thinks that if he hides in teh shadows we will forget about him and move on.

I'm in this thread because I'm reading new posts.

Old 10-04-2006, 05:14 PM   #144
Bek
High School JV

I would love to see you saved tonight LSG but like you said i just dont see it happening. I think Daddy is pushing towards glengoyne and even if he did vote Izulde, I would vote Izulde, but then they tie-break goes against you. It's a bummer that you had to go to work today and couldnt defend yourself.

--Bek
Old 10-04-2006, 05:16 PM   #145
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

I work everyday. That is what teachers do. And i dont have time to get a computer
Old 10-04-2006, 05:17 PM   #146
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

Thanks for the support though Bek. we can sit back and laugh at everybody when i die in a couple of hours and you all see im a villager. One more day for the wolves to get a kill
Old 10-04-2006, 05:18 PM   #147
Bek
High School JV

IF something happens before the deadline this will always change but unfortunately it doesnt look good, so im going to have to throw a vote on somewhat of a random person

Vote GoldenEagle

--Bek
Old 10-04-2006, 05:29 PM   #148
Bek
High School JV

Lighthousekeeper, any thoughts about what has gone on as of late???...still sticking with your vote for packerfanatic???

--Bek
Old 10-04-2006, 05:42 PM   #149
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

why vote for a random person Bek. that's pretty random behavior. Especially as the "mayor"

and FYI I am leaning towards lonestargirl now not glengoyne. based on the "we need to get at least one clean kill out of the two of those two so that we can clear the other one" theory. no point in basically throwing away a vote for glengoyne if everyone else is on lonestargirl. least not as I see it, although i suppose that could be seen as evidence of bandwagoning-wolfish behavior.
Old 10-04-2006, 05:44 PM   #150
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

spleen i see you. any thoughts?