Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-17-2007, 08:16 PM   #151
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Well, I would like to encourage the seer to scan either hoops or Imthecrew to help us know which of the two is the other wolf. I'm wondering if There is a sympathizer type role and hoops has it.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 08:22 PM   #152
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

that'd be hot if you guys just won the game there. I'm pullin for ya...great game so far!
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 08:28 PM   #153
saldana
Pro Starter

my thoughts on who is lying...

i have had a suspicion about hoopsguy since yesterday...he seems a little too passive in this game...he has been in end game situations before, but he is acting like this is his first time, even though this game essentially starts as an endgame.

also, the fact that i am still alive makes me suspect him...he knows from having played together so many times, that I generally wont vote for him without solid evidence, so keeping me in the game means he has an ally...he also has made a point of keeping me on his good side with his day one vote to help save me, without ever giving a reason, defending me in my character battle with render, and a couple other things that have just set bells off in my head.

however, i lean towards not thinking he is bad, because, imo, if he were the senior man in the bad guy pair, he would have made samifan be more active, knowing that alan or i would see the UTR strategy a mile away, which I did.

if i live through the night, i cant wait to see this one play out
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 08:28 PM   #154
hoopsguy
General Manager

Well, looks like I'll get to live another night along with ITC. I'll have a decent amount of availability tomorrow to continue this debate. In the meantime, I know I don't have to guard myself or ITC so I've got a better shot of guarding the seer.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 08:42 PM   #155
hoopsguy
General Manager

Today was a very, very good day for us getting two aliens in a runoff against each other. It has been quite awhile since I've seen that happen before.

Saldana, just to address one of your comments - happy to talk about each of them if you would like me to respond that way - this is my first small game. So while I'm pretty familiar with the end-game scenarios, I'm not at all used to calling for them on Day 2. And from the games I've read I have not seen an instance where another player has followed this line of thought. So if you want to think I was playing dumb about end-game logic, so be it. But it is pretty common practice to call someone out for "forcing reveals" before their time in Werewolf.

And I didn't want to have to make a premature reveal on the bodyguard because I put out arguments that didn't resonate with my crewmates. I was all for doing it if it was advancing our cause of winning - such as protecting the seer tonight or clearly identifying someone usurping my role. Those are good reasons to reveal - revealing because you lost the crowd as a good guy is a defensive, low value maneuver.
Old 04-17-2007, 09:15 PM   #156
ImTheCrew
High School Varsity

really no need to argue the point Hoops its over tommrow for you when they find out your lying inless you are good, which would make no sense why youd lie
ImTheCrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 09:30 PM   #157
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
Today was a very, very good day for us getting two aliens in a runoff against each other. It has been quite awhile since I've seen that happen before.

Saldana, just to address one of your comments - happy to talk about each of them if you would like me to respond that way - this is my first small game. So while I'm pretty familiar with the end-game scenarios, I'm not at all used to calling for them on Day 2. And from the games I've read I have not seen an instance where another player has followed this line of thought. So if you want to think I was playing dumb about end-game logic, so be it. But it is pretty common practice to call someone out for "forcing reveals" before their time in Werewolf.

And I didn't want to have to make a premature reveal on the bodyguard because I put out arguments that didn't resonate with my crewmates. I was all for doing it if it was advancing our cause of winning - such as protecting the seer tonight or clearly identifying someone usurping my role. Those are good reasons to reveal - revealing because you lost the crowd as a good guy is a defensive, low value maneuver.

i think you misunderstand my position right now....if you go back and look at the last part of my post, you will see that i am actually leaning toward beleiving you tomorrow...i think you wold have done the exact opposite with a first timer as a teammate...itc has only a few games to draw off for strategy...one of which was a very successful UTR run as a wolf...it makes sense to me therefore that he would lead Sami to do the same...i think you would have pushed him to be out and about
Old 04-17-2007, 09:33 PM   #158
hoopsguy
General Manager

I think I understood your overall position, but there was an earlier point by either you or Alan about being suspicious of my play so I figured I would outline my position.

The best news is that we have a seer out there tonight who can settle this very easily. As long as they are kept alive tonight this will be crystal clear tomorrow morning. And I'm hoping that we vote nightfall at this point and it is game over.
Old 04-17-2007, 09:44 PM   #159
hoopsguy
General Manager

Heading home from work now - will probably be around for one more round of questions before calling it a night if people want to discuss this tonight. I've sent in my protect order already; I'm hoping my gut on the seer is correct.

I think it is really outstanding how things ended tonight. We got an alien, we have another one who is lying, and to keep his lie intact he has to leave the bodyguard alive.
Old 04-17-2007, 10:26 PM   #160
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Day Two has ended. Night Two has begun and will end at 2 am EST Wed or when I receive all nigh t actions.

The night shift has begun when one of you enters a turbolift on your way back to your quarters. There on the floor lies a very dead James Essex. He appears to have had his neck broken with tremendous force. He also appeared to have been on his way somewhere.

Security is called, but the fact that he was out and about, and not preparing for bed means something about his activity, you suspect. An investigation uncovers a recording made by the deceased. You play it and hear James’s voice for the last time.

He recounts that he has been trying to protect people at night from the aliens, watching over them from the corridors and empty rooms. Its obvious that you have found the bodyguard, dead.

Hoopsguy has died.

Night Two has ended. Day Three has begun and will end at 9:00 pm EST Wednesday.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 11:18 PM   #161
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

I am actually suprised they killed Hoops. I guessed they would leave him alive to build doubt on who the bodyguard was and actually kill someone else to try to buy time...

I guess now we know Imthecrew was lying for sure..

Vote Imthecrew
Old 04-17-2007, 11:28 PM   #162
RendeR
Coordinator

Meeesha hundoru una Valchenko. Unassa bendeema pudu. Meesha troikata ifs benda son voichi.

Tona MARTU!

"I have given you my life and support for some time. You are a dishonorable wretch, a weak HU-man with no gamcha. I will rend your worthless body into stardust and burn it in the 15 infernos of Voichi.

You Die NOW!"

VOTE ImTheCrew
RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 11:29 PM   #163
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

I guess something that i don't get...

So obviously today we ended up with a wolf vs wolf vote in sami vs Imthecrew..

That is a worst possible case matchup for them in a small game with only 2 wolves...

so when Imthecrew is going down, why do a fake reveal to pull it from him to the other wolf with something that could be verified? Was it a selfish play to try to personally stay alive? or is there something else going on behind the scenes? a third wolf? Or am I just overthinking this?
Old 04-18-2007, 03:35 AM   #164
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Wow, if this is true, this could be the fastest game ever. And Rome's still rolling.

Well, I guess I come up smelling like a rose. I voted for a wolf in samifan, and a known good guy protected me on Night One (which isn't really evidence, but it's another conenction to good).

But in this case, is there a need to make myself look like a villager? I can't imagine we had more than two wolves to start, and one is already dead.

VOTE IMTHECREW

It feels like I end up voting for ITC at some point every game.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 05:59 AM   #165
saldana
Pro Starter

easiest. vote. ever.

vote imthecrew
Old 04-18-2007, 06:00 AM   #166
saldana
Pro Starter

itc, i see you are in the thread with me...care to defend at all before i vote nightfall as well?
Old 04-18-2007, 06:09 AM   #167
saldana
Pro Starter

guess not, he left
Old 04-18-2007, 09:22 AM   #168
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by saldana View Post
itc, i see you are in the thread with me...care to defend at all before i vote nightfall as well?

I will not be honoring any Nightfall votes in this game.

Old 04-18-2007, 09:22 AM   #169
ImTheCrew
High School Varsity

Ok i really hoped the BG wouldnt come out or even worse killed but actaully i am the seer the reason i did not reveal this yesterday was because i had a really strong feeling that tyrith was actaully BG the first night i scanned Alan T he was clean and last night I scanned Chief Rum and he came up as an alien

so ill
VOTE CHEIFRUM
Old 04-18-2007, 09:50 AM   #170
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImTheCrew View Post
Ok i really hoped the BG wouldnt come out or even worse killed but actaully i am the seer the reason i did not reveal this yesterday was because i had a really strong feeling that tyrith was actaully BG the first night i scanned Alan T he was clean and last night I scanned Chief Rum and he came up as an alien

so ill
VOTE CHEIFRUM

I am sorry Imthecrew, but when you do a fake reveal that can easily be disputed, it allows you to have zero credibility for a real reveal later (if that is what this is). We simply have no choice but to kill you here today. if you end up the seer like you say, then we know you are telling the truth about Chief Rum whom we can vote tommorrow.

We knew for a fact that Tyrith wasn't the bodyguard, we had already stated that the bodyguard was still alive yesterday, so you are either lying about that as well or just wern't paying attention.
Old 04-18-2007, 10:09 AM   #171
ImTheCrew
High School Varsity

right now it is 3v2 there are two wolves left if we do not get rid of Chief Rum tonight its over
Old 04-18-2007, 10:41 AM   #172
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
right now it is 3v2 there are two wolves left if we do not get rid of Chief Rum tonight its over

How do you know there are 2 wolves left? You mean to tell me we started with 6 good guys and 3 bad guys? That seems just a bit off.

If and its a big if, you are telling the truth about you being good, you have no way to know there are 2 bad guys left. And its more likely 4-1. You die making it 3-1, night kill makes it 2-1 with Chief Rum being lynched tommorrow to end the game.

With now 3 things that just don't seem right about what you said though, I find the more likely scenerio to be that you're bad and you got busted and the game will be over today. If you really are good, you made many many mistakes.
Old 04-18-2007, 11:13 AM   #173
ImTheCrew
High School Varsity

alan i think it started 2 v 7 but one of them got converted because last night in my pm (anxitey i hope this isnt breaking any rules) it said Chief Rum is 1 of 2 Aliens that are still alive
Old 04-18-2007, 11:22 AM   #174
ImTheCrew
High School Varsity

if we vote out Chief Rum it will be 3v1 ill be killed over night and i will scan Saldana tonight and maybe ill get the info out before i die making it 2-1 and alan has been scanned by me that would leave Saldana and Render
and weather i get my info out ill have the rest of the game figured out
Old 04-18-2007, 11:29 AM   #175
RendeR
Coordinator

We already figured out the game ITC, You're busted.

A) you lied about being the bodyguard
B) You lied about being the seer
C) You lied about recieving info in a PM (which if you HAD recieved it, you couldn't POST it because the rules say so)

Tonight you Die alien.

If its not obvious by now, *I* am the seer. Saldana has been scanned and found to be alien free. My test was to be used on hoops but someone killed him before I could do so. I wonder who that was?

Fun stuff.
Old 04-18-2007, 12:02 PM   #176
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:

good effort, but when exactly would this conversion have taken place...we have had 2 nights, and 2 night kills....so unless each wolf had the ability to perform their own night action, they never had a chance to make a conversion....wolves have to forgo their night kill to make a conversion
Old 04-18-2007, 12:04 PM   #177
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RendeR View Post
If its not obvious by now, *I* am the seer. Saldana has been scanned and found to be alien free. My test was to be used on hoops but someone killed him before I could do so. I wonder who that was?

Fun stuff.

this makes perfect sense if you look at renders votes....he voted for me on day one when i voted ITC, but not on day 2 in the same situation, when he would have known i was a good guy.
Old 04-18-2007, 12:07 PM   #178
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by saldana View Post
alan....i also thought hoops was a little odd yesterday in calling for a runoff and then not voting himself until later. also the fact that i am alive today makes me highly suspicious of him

my next thought went to samifan....he is the perfect wolf right now...none of us would vote for him yesterday because it is his first game, but we really dont have the luxury of letting him be UTR for long in this, or we will all be dead. a toss in vote on a 3rd party and very few posts (yes i realize that everyone has very few posts in this game) are everything a UTR wolf could ask for....if he is teamed up with a vet wolf like hoops or you, he is very dangerous.

last suspect is imthecrew, for the simple reason that render is playing his role very very well, and has been from GO. ITC knows that render will follow him where ever he goes, so for him to "randomly" start a run on me yesterday pretty much guaranteed it would be 2 votes on me.

all that said, i think i am going with samifan today.

[beavis voice]heh heh heh...damn i'm smooth[/beavis voice]
Old 04-18-2007, 12:15 PM   #179
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

I guess I still really don't understand the play yesterday at all. Would love someone to explain that to me.

When it was Samifan gaining alot of votes, that obviously was a wolf. Imthecrew was the first voter for him, which is a normal wolf trick to vote for your team mate in a place where you likely think they won't get lynched from it.

Then I vote for Imthecrew, and am followed by a few people who liked my reasoning. So we now had wolf vs wolf...

At that point if one of them die at the end of the day, our initial reaction is well gee the other must be good, or might be good and likely they buy at least another day or so from that alone. But instead Imthecrew comes up with a bogus story about being the bodyguard which is easily refutable if not true (which it wasn't). But more importantly Imthecrew told a lie to try to save himself and kill off the other wolf there in a way which likely ended up getting both of them killed..

So I guess is there more to this that I am missing, is there really a third wolf is so few people here? Or was that just a really selfish play that lost the game for them?
Old 04-18-2007, 12:32 PM   #180
RendeR
Coordinator

I don't think there is anything you're missing. I think when ITC got pegged early he offered up his teamate in a move to cause confusion and keep himself alive. it backfired and almost got them both killed, so he pulled the bodyguard gambit out to try and swing suspicion away again, but this being foiled by his choice of victims overnight basically threw him out in teh street with his alien tail showing, so to speak.

The only thing that MIGHT throw this would be the existance of a 3rd alien, and if thats the case we'll still get ITC and hopefully learn the last one overnight.

Last edited by RendeR : 04-18-2007 at 12:32 PM.
Old 04-18-2007, 12:45 PM   #181
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

It looks like you guys already have it figured, but, yes, ImTheCrew is lying out of his ass. Now I now for sure he's a wolf. Because I'm no alien.

And hoops guarded me on Night One. If I was part of the wolves who killed that night, wouldn't something have showed?

Nice try, ITC. But you're a goner.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 03:35 PM   #182
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

WIN THE GAME...WIN THE GAME...GO STARFLEET!!!
Old 04-18-2007, 03:39 PM   #183
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

YAY FOR WINNING!!!

why am i not alive to enjoy the celebration there? where's bullet's lil "ghost-smiley" ???
Old 04-18-2007, 03:53 PM   #184
hoopsguy
General Manager

DT, when you find it send it my way.
Old 04-18-2007, 06:19 PM   #185
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
It looks like you guys already have it figured, but, yes, ImTheCrew is lying out of his ass. Now I now for sure he's a wolf. Because I'm no alien.

And hoops guarded me on Night One. If I was part of the wolves who killed that night, wouldn't something have showed?

Nice try, ITC. But you're a goner.

nice pickup on the hoops protection...i honestly didnt notice the correlation....if hoops protected you, you would not have been able to perform a night action without leaving your room, so if there were 2 to start, and one conversion, as ITC says, it would have had to be night one.

if you were in your room, and sami was killing tyrith, then who did the converting....simple answer is: no one, because ITC is full of it.
Old 04-18-2007, 07:37 PM   #186
saldana
Pro Starter

i think this will be the shortest game ever both in post count, and in number of days.
Old 04-18-2007, 08:07 PM   #187
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

With little in the way of deliberation, today's council meetings take little time. The seems to go by with heightened alacrity. You agree to kill Yvette Yarachenko.

Within seconds of the decision being made, you have your hands on your phasers. Only, there are two problems. The first is that Yarachenko has moved very quickly, and the second is that Umbrunda now stands between you and her. He crouches in a fighting stance.

One of you stuns Umbrunda, and then there is nothing between you and Yarachenko. She draws her phaser to retaliate but her body begins to glow from the several phasers already hittin gher. Showing amazing fortitude, she still manages to aim her weapon before she slumps over.

You look, but see nothing emerge from her body.

You wait for a few moments, but no creatures are still to be seen. You wonder at what is going on. You were sure she was under alien control.

As one of you reaches forward to pick her up, the creature suddenly jumps out from underneath a tear in her skin, under her clothing. That person is not fast enough to keep the alien creature from latching onto their hand. Two of you manage to pull it away, but not without it taking the bottom half of the hand with it. That person's pinky is now in the mandibles of that creature.

Within a second, phaser fire begins to hit the creature again and again. Its seems more formidible than the previous one. Ultimately it dies, and sick bay arrives.

Umbrunda reveals that his species encoutered these things long ago, and know a special particle that they emit when thhey are in a host's body. As such, he was able to scan people once a day, but no more, because the process takes too long.

Several doctors take the process and replicate it. After two days. everybody has been scanned and comes out clean. You have managed to eliminate the infestation before it became too deep to scourge.

There were many deaths along the way, such as the entire crew of the USS Perseus and Relentless as well as the Klingons, the others who died here in the council chambers, and numerous other mishaps that have happened over the past week.

However, you have survived. You are a bit more suspicious of each other, but life will continue much as before. There will be mouring, and then there will be acceptance.

And there will be life, unfettered by the control of unknown aliens.

Game over. The Federation has won.

Old 04-18-2007, 08:09 PM   #188
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I know as the GM I'm supposed to be neutral, but when I saw that ITC, a newer player was drawn with samifan I was REALLY rooting for them to go the distance. Ah well.

Interesting that our two new players both had roles.

ITC has balls.

Those are my comments.

Old 04-18-2007, 08:11 PM   #189
saldana
Pro Starter

live long and prosper, and long live the federation.
Old 04-18-2007, 08:13 PM   #190
hoopsguy
General Manager

As a Cubs fan, I sympathize with rooting for the underdog

In all seriousness, I figured that ITC would have to take a shot at the seer last night to extend the game. I was surprised he went after me without there being a third alien. But I was guarding RenderR last night, so getting the seer wasn't happening either.

RendeR, for what it is worth you tipped your hand on being the seer when you asked questions about why the seer might reveal. Or at least enough where I felt pretty good about guarding you.

ITC - why come out with a role reveal on Day 2 when we are choosing between two aliens? Did you think you were a likely scan the next night? If not, then you point towards the people who voted for you (and not the dead alien) as likely aliens the next day.
Old 04-18-2007, 08:15 PM   #191
saldana
Pro Starter

thanks abe...there was a certain degree of urgency from the get go that i have never had before in a game because of the size....there was no such thing as a throwaway vote in this game...and the managable size of the daily posts plus your usual quality performance made this one of my favorite games.....that and the fact that we smoked the aliens.

gg all
Old 04-18-2007, 08:22 PM   #192
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Heh, thanks!

Old 04-18-2007, 08:30 PM   #193
path12
Coordinator

Small games rock.
Old 04-18-2007, 08:40 PM   #194
ImTheCrew
High School Varsity

Quote:
As a Cubs fan, I sympathize with rooting for the underdog

In all seriousness, I figured that ITC would have to take a shot at the seer last night to extend the game. I was surprised he went after me without there being a third alien. But I was guarding RenderR last night, so getting the seer wasn't happening either.

RendeR, for what it is worth you tipped your hand on being the seer when you asked questions about why the seer might reveal. Or at least enough where I felt pretty good about guarding you.

ITC - why come out with a role reveal on Day 2 when we are choosing between two aliens? Did you think you were a likely scan the next night? If not, then you point towards the people who voted for you (and not the dead alien) as likely aliens the next day.

i figured samifan or i was gone in the next two days andi was hoping that for some reason the real BG wouldnt Come out (which makes no sense when i thank about it now) and i was going to kill Render but i was hoping the roles would not be revealed so i went with hoops(i dont know why when i thank about it now )

Thanks for the game Anxiety

you guys know im probally the worst Werewolf player and thats what i showed this game i messed up several times and did stuff without thinking most of the time
Old 04-18-2007, 08:44 PM   #195
hoopsguy
General Manager

For what it is worth, I don't think there were sure-fire reasons to end up with a showdown of you vs Sami yesterday, but once that happened you guys were in a tough spot. I was just posting how I think I would have approached the situation because I did spend a lot of time thinking about it both last night after your fake reveal and again today while watching the thread go by ...
Old 04-18-2007, 09:22 PM   #196
samifan24
Pro Starter

I was and am still surprised at how much thought you guys put into each move. The first time we killed someone, I didn't think about it. I just picked someone to kill based upon their initial character description and went through with it. I never thought about the odds or even about the bodyguard or seer characters. I guess I didn't handle the game well because I didn't think much about the strategy except to try and deflect suspicion when appropriate.

I thought that the alien vs. alien showdown would work well and save at least one of us but I was really surprised with ITC made his bodyguard claim after I was killed. It just didn't seem to make sense.

Nevertheless I enjoyed this game and would welcome another game. Like I said, I'm not the best at it but I realize now that a lot of strategy goes into every move. Please consider me if you're adding players for future games.
Old 04-18-2007, 09:30 PM   #197
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Heya samifan - its good to get your first game outta the way with a nice, easy game like this. Don;t worry, you'll get plenty of opportunities of play in others!

Old 04-18-2007, 09:40 PM   #198
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:

It was a calculated risk.I wanted to look innoquous in debating the "coming out" theory, but hoped to be direct enough that the BG realized who I was and protected me. It seems I did just enough

this was fun, let me know if another sci-fi style game comes up!
Old 04-18-2007, 10:26 PM   #199
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

that's hot. My fellow starfleet officers are a bunch of alien-buttkickers!
Old 04-18-2007, 10:30 PM   #200
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by samifan24 View Post
I was and am still surprised at how much thought you guys put into each move. The first time we killed someone, I didn't think about it. I just picked someone to kill based upon their initial character description and went through with it. I never thought about the odds or even about the bodyguard or seer characters. I guess I didn't handle the game well because I didn't think much about the strategy except to try and deflect suspicion when appropriate.

I thought that the alien vs. alien showdown would work well and save at least one of us but I was really surprised with ITC made his bodyguard claim after I was killed. It just didn't seem to make sense.

Nevertheless I enjoyed this game and would welcome another game. Like I said, I'm not the best at it but I realize now that a lot of strategy goes into every move. Please consider me if you're adding players for future games.

you'll improve quite quickly I venture to say sami. I might advise sticking to the smaller games, or at least the ones that are less-complicated until you feel more comfortable however, but you're more than welcome to play a bigger more complicated game right now. It can just be...frustrating. But perhaps someone who isn't playing could...mentor you...play along with you