Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-26-2009, 05:20 PM   #651
The Jackal
Coordinator

I think I'm going to stick with my vote from yesterday for now.

VOTE ABE
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 05:26 PM   #652
hoopsguy
General Manager

Here is my recap of the post-reveal movers off PB, excluding folks that are dead (Danny) or near-cleared (PB):

1.) RA moves his vote several times. His initial vote is over to Abe, putting him up 8-6. He later moves to Telle, NTN, and back to Telle.
- unlikely to do this to Abe if they are wolves together
- if Abe is not a wolf this still seems pretty haphazard/erratic

2.) J23 unvotes PB, doesn't get his vote in (Telle) until one minute past deadline.
- certainly possible if he is a wolf w/Abe, just missed on late snipe + confusion over 8:59 vs 9:00 deadline. Still possible if he is not a wolf ... who cares where vote ends up if all choices are villagers? But getting vote off of PB shows villager-intent.

3.) NTN moves off KWhit (non-candidate at time) over to Telle.
- most clear-cut help for Abe up to this point, argues potential wolves together. The fact that he was on non-leading candidate doesn't help him in my eyes, since wolves tend to spread the vote on D1 when possible.

4.) I end up being the swing vote, making lynch Telle over Abe with my late change. I'll talk about this vote at length to anyone who has questions I have not yet answered.

5.) Coffee Warlord essentially mirrors my action, but is at 8:00 and misses deadline by a couple of seconds. Same analysis would apply to him as me, as earlier noted by EF.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 05:34 PM   #653
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffee Warlord View Post
Translation: I thought the explanations both of you offered were kind of weak. At the point where you both voted, it was going Abe or Telle (or PB maybe). I take a little issue with throwing your vote away on a meaningless candidate, and don't feel it was adequately explained why you didn't choose a side. Right or wrong, I'd prefer people make their votes matter when possible.

I thought that by the time I voted it was thought that Abe was either good as a roled villager or good as a vanilla villager. And I voted thinking that Telle had as many votes as my candidate did. (I realize that I was wrong that there was still another vote on KWhit) So I don't think you could say Abe or Telle at the point I voted for Kwhit. I knew it was a vote I might have to change if no one agreed with me. That was one reason I was around at the end. To make sure that my vote wasn't a wasted vote.

And iam reading through these and responding as needed.
ntndeacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 05:36 PM   #654
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by J23 View Post
In case you missed the discussion on night one:

And I posted this earlier today as my recap:

Asleep at the wheel today ntn?

Today? basically the whole times it loooks like. I am missing posts left and right. Dadblasted job keeping me working instead of reading posts!
Old 10-26-2009, 05:40 PM   #655
hoopsguy
General Manager

Votes as of Post #654:

Abe - Lathum (536), NTN (538), Lerri (568), Hoops (639), Jackal (650), MartinD (651)
NTN - RA (569), Chief (622), Abe (628), CW (631)
CW - KWhit (633)
Old 10-26-2009, 05:44 PM   #656
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
2.) J23 unvotes PB, doesn't get his vote in (Telle) until one minute past deadline.
- certainly possible if he is a wolf w/Abe, just missed on late snipe + confusion over 8:59 vs 9:00 deadline. Still possible if he is not a wolf ... who cares where vote ends up if all choices are villagers? But getting vote off of PB shows villager-intent.

This one puzzles me. There was time after Telle became a candidate to vote for her and Abe was still a candidate other than PB.

Undecided wolf maybe?

Afraid to put the vote on Abe and then Abe coming back good? Or, not wanting to put the vote on Abe if they are both wolves?
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 05:50 PM   #657
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Quote:
Question for NTN if/when he gets back - you were pretty willing to make this a "you vs Abe" contest this morning, based on putting a self-defense vote on Abe when the tally was 1-0 early this morning. Now that you have a few hours and some more posts to evaluate, do you still think Abe is the right way to go today? Why or why not?

Hoops, I do think you have a point about the seer. (or who ever came up with that point.) One of my problems today is availability. I only have another 20-30 min before I am out again until after the deadline. So my vote is about to be permanent. And therefore I am probably going to be a bit of a sheep today. I assume the seer will wait til day 3 or day 4 to reveal. So evenif we don't do this today, how long should we wait for?

So the short version of this is Probably not, but I still need a place to vote. I need to see another candidate before seeing if I move.
Old 10-26-2009, 05:51 PM   #658
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

I thought hoops didn't want Abe in a run-off today? Yet once ntn took a 4-3 lead hoops votes Abe to tie it up at 4?
Old 10-26-2009, 06:21 PM   #659
hoopsguy
General Manager

EF, if I had my choice we would not have Abe in a runoff. But watching how today played out I didn't like him as a choice so I cast my lot with Abe over him. Every once in awhile I don't get to pick how stuff plays out in these threads

I really don't think that we learn anything new about Abe in this runoff. If he is a wolf we already have a wealth of info to use from D1. If he is a villager then we reduced our shot of getting a wolf today.

The other option would have been introducing a new candidate, but I have not got a particularly good sense yet. I would probably be going after someone like Lathum or Chief Rum and I don't really have enough of a compelling argument to feel good about that quite yet. It is hard work mustering a case against someone when you are not going to be around at the deadline to see it through.

See everyone sometime after Schmidty posts results.
Old 10-26-2009, 06:28 PM   #660
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 06:29 PM   #661
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
I thought hoops didn't want Abe in a run-off today? Yet once ntn took a 4-3 lead hoops votes Abe to tie it up at 4?

I don't have a problem with hoops' vote. He'd said he wanted two different people in a runoff if we weren't going to have a runaway on Abe, but the rest of us weren't on par with that.
Old 10-26-2009, 06:30 PM   #662
The Jackal
Coordinator

Ah, I see he already addressed it.

And what the heck, EF.. are you gonna vote or what?
Old 10-26-2009, 06:41 PM   #663
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

I'll put my vote in there, but will move to avoid a tie.

vote ntn
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 06:41 PM   #664
J23
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
This one puzzles me. There was time after Telle became a candidate to vote for her and Abe was still a candidate other than PB.

Undecided wolf maybe?

Afraid to put the vote on Abe and then Abe coming back good? Or, not wanting to put the vote on Abe if they are both wolves?

As I posted before, I was trying to see where votes stood at the time. I didn't want to see PB get killed if he was legit, and wanted to make sure my vote would be on whoever it needed to be to ensure that it happened. Apparently my computer clock is a few minutes behind the board clock, so when I stopped my tracking of votes to put in my vote, it was just after deadline.
J23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 06:44 PM   #665
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

VOTE ABE SARGENT
Old 10-26-2009, 06:45 PM   #666
J23
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurdueBrad View Post

vote ntn

VOTE NTN

As I posted before, I don't really think that Abe being lynched teaches us anything that we won't know soon unless he's the cunning. He seemed the obvious scan target last night (PB went for him, betting the seer did as well).

I recognize the fact that I am tying up the vote, and will likely move off in order to avoid a no lynch if it comes to that, however I'd really rather not see Abe lynched and us to gain nothing when we learn he's a villager.
Old 10-26-2009, 06:46 PM   #667
J23
College Benchwarmer

Ok, I guess I'm not tying it up.
Old 10-26-2009, 06:48 PM   #668
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
VOTE NTN

As I posted before, I don't really think that Abe being lynched teaches us anything that we won't know soon unless he's the cunning. He seemed the obvious scan target last night (PB went for him, betting the seer did as well).

I recognize the fact that I am tying up the vote, and will likely move off in order to avoid a no lynch if it comes to that, however I'd really rather not see Abe lynched and us to gain nothing when we learn he's a villager.

Just look at the last game. What if the seer dies?
Old 10-26-2009, 06:51 PM   #669
J23
College Benchwarmer

If the seer gets killed, then I hope they would have left us a clue along the way. At this point, the odds are pretty slim that the seer gets killed, and I'm willing to take the chance.
Old 10-26-2009, 07:03 PM   #670
hoopsguy
General Manager

Back for a sec during kid's bath time and not too many posts since I left. Let's get a vote count ...
Old 10-26-2009, 07:05 PM   #671
J23
College Benchwarmer

Quote:

vote ntn

I don't know if Schmidty is going to be a stickler, but I think the vote is supposed to be in all caps.
Old 10-26-2009, 07:05 PM   #672
hoopsguy
General Manager

Votes as of post #670:

7 Abe - Lathum (536), NTN (538), Lerri (568), Hoops (639), Jackal (650), MartinD (651), EF (665)
6 NTN - RA (569), Chief (622), Abe (628), CW (631), PB (663), J23 (666)
1 CW - KWhit (633)

No votes - GoldenEagle, JAG

KWhit did not sound like he was going to be back. So that one probably is not moving, for better or worse.
Old 10-26-2009, 07:08 PM   #673
J23
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
I don't know if Schmidty is going to be a stickler, but I think the vote is supposed to be in all caps.

looking back, a couple other people didn't put in all caps. Hopefully it's not a big deal.
Old 10-26-2009, 07:08 PM   #674
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
I'm pretty stunned that Danny was the night kill. If I had to guess, I suspect that the wolves may have had their order in early. Only other thought is that they had a strong reason to suspect Danny had a role?

Nothing else really makes a ton of sense to me at first glance.

hoops, this is an old post (I'm reading back), does it make sense that the wolves had to have their order in early, but then put it down late enough for PB to be enslutted? I'm going to take a look at Danny's posts to see if he was onto something.
JAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 07:10 PM   #675
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

THIS IS A REVOTE, just in case.

VOTE NTN
Old 10-26-2009, 07:12 PM   #676
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Pretty unenlightening.
Old 10-26-2009, 07:26 PM   #677
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

VOTE ABE SARGENT

If you're a villager, I'm sorry about this vote Abe. I didn't really have another candidate during the day, I don't feel good about ntn being a wolf, and with that consideration, I think there's more to learn about lynching you and hoping EF's interpretation was accurate.
Old 10-26-2009, 07:28 PM   #678
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Hmm...concerned about a tie.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 07:28 PM   #679
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG View Post
VOTE ABE SARGENT

If you're a villager, I'm sorry about this vote Abe. I didn't really have another candidate during the day, I don't feel good about ntn being a wolf, and with that consideration, I think there's more to learn about lynching you and hoping EF's interpretation was accurate.

Okay, less concerned now.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 07:37 PM   #680
The Jackal
Coordinator

GE loves to be that last vote, doesn't he.
Old 10-26-2009, 07:37 PM   #681
Schmidty
Coordinator

Man. Just got here. I have a lot to catch up on. Please have patience with me, because I might be up to half an hour late with the results.
Old 10-26-2009, 07:43 PM   #682
Schmidty
Coordinator

After the incidents that just occurred, most of you are in complete shock. Mr. Price will have none of it though. "If we're all here, and we can not leave anyway, I demand that my party go on!!! You WILL have fun!!!

Follow me to our first party game.....bobbing for apples!!!"

You all hesitantly follow Mr. Price to a huge wooden tub filled with water and lots and lots of apples.

"Time to make merry, my young friends!!"
Old 10-26-2009, 07:45 PM   #683
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post
GE loves to be that last vote, doesn't he.

Yes, I do.
Old 10-26-2009, 07:48 PM   #684
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

I know if Abe comes back as a villager, it clears me a bit. But ntn has had more suspicious activity. I think hoops is right, we have a greater shot at nabbing a wolf if we lynch ntn. My vote is going to make it 8-7. I don't know if anyone will have the balls to switch.

VOTE NTN
Old 10-26-2009, 07:52 PM   #685
The Jackal
Coordinator

That's kind of a terrible vote, GE. And you do realize that hoops voted for Abe?
Old 10-26-2009, 07:54 PM   #686
The Jackal
Coordinator

I don't like votes that are prefaced by "well since i'm voting for this person, if the other person is good it clears me." Big warning flags.
Old 10-26-2009, 07:54 PM   #687
J23
College Benchwarmer

Hoops voted for Abe, despite what he said. Though I dont think Abe is a wolf, I don't like it getting real tight this close to deadline.
Old 10-26-2009, 07:54 PM   #688
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I heart McNabb. I remember watching him play against my Mountaineers in person i nMorgantown and I thought he would be a good pro Qb, and I don;lt say that aboyut many

Old 10-26-2009, 07:54 PM   #689
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:

I'm only going to a huge stickler on the bolding part. The caps is more of a courtesy I suppose.
Old 10-26-2009, 07:55 PM   #690
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Don't have anything else to say really.

Old 10-26-2009, 07:55 PM   #691
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
That's kind of a terrible vote, GE. And you do realize that hoops voted for Abe?

So everyone else who voted for ntn is also a terrible vote? Because I did not vote for the person that you voted for it is a terrible vote?
Old 10-26-2009, 07:56 PM   #692
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenEagle View Post
So everyone else who voted for ntn is also a terrible vote? Because I did not vote for the person that you voted for it is a terrible vote?

It's the timing of it. You can't expect to vote at the deadline every time and not get flack for it. Making it a close vote to allow for people to manipulate it is foolish. And your reasoning was off, also. And I said nothing about my vote. I have no idea if Abe is good or bad. I hope he's bad, but I don't know. It's just a bad villager play.
Old 10-26-2009, 07:58 PM   #693
The Jackal
Coordinator

I agree that NTN has been more suspicious, but that whole post that you wrote raised warning flags. Maybe it's just your game flavor, but I've played with you a few games, and I didn't like it.
Old 10-26-2009, 07:58 PM   #694
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

It is 8-7-1 now. I'm going to make sure we don't tie.

unvote ntn

vote Abe
Old 10-26-2009, 07:58 PM   #695
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
I don't like votes that are prefaced by "well since i'm voting for this person, if the other person is good it clears me." Big warning flags.

How exactly is that a big warning flag? Look, I understand that you don't like the way I play the game. That is fine. But do you have to make a point about it at every deadline?

It has been stated previously that if Abe is a wolf, it clears me since I did not switch my vote off him on Day 1. I could have easily gone with the flow and changed my vote to Telle, but I did not. That is why it would clear me. I am not sure what sends up big warning flags about that.
Old 10-26-2009, 07:59 PM   #696
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

I think that makes it 9-6-1 I think against Abe.
Old 10-26-2009, 07:59 PM   #697
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
It is 8-7-1 now. I'm going to make sure we don't tie.

unvote ntn

vote Abe

Old 10-26-2009, 08:00 PM   #698
Schmidty
Coordinator

Deadline
Old 10-26-2009, 08:01 PM   #699
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Abe, I hope you know I'm sorry if you're good. Hell, I'll even feel mildly bad if you're bad.
Old 10-26-2009, 08:01 PM   #700
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenEagle View Post
How exactly is that a big warning flag? Look, I understand that you don't like the way I play the game. That is fine. But do you have to make a point about it at every deadline?

It has been stated previously that if Abe is a wolf, it clears me since I did not switch my vote off him on Day 1. I could have easily gone with the flow and changed my vote to Telle, but I did not. That is why it would clear me. I am not sure what sends up big warning flags about that.

I didn't say I don't like it. I think it's ballsy to vote at the deadline everytime, and if you're a villager, it puts a ton of pressure on you.

I was not taking your day 1 vote into account, and I apologize about that. I didn't switch off of him either (as I wasn't in the thread). That definitely lowers my suspicion level.

And you just said if Abe is a wolf, it clears you, but in the other post you said that if Abe comes back a villager, it clears you... Huh?