Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-21-2015, 10:31 AM   #251
britrock88
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post
Why do you guys capitalize the D and M in today and tomorrow, by the way?

It distinguishes real-life days from WW Days. (Saturday-Monday is 3 days and 1 Day.)
britrock88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2015, 10:37 AM   #252
Raven
College Prospect

I feel like I'm spinning wheels on D1 again. I originally voted Jackal because he seemed to be posting simply to pad his post count, so I was comfortable leaving my vote on him. Now that he's contributing, I'm not as comfortable leaving it there, so will likely be moving it, but not sure where.
Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2015, 10:46 AM   #253
Autumn
Head Coach

I want to see a vote count before I vote, but have caught up again. I'm enjoying the Duke/Hunter angle, and gives us something interesting to stratergize about day one. The fact that a Hunter can safely take out a Duke the day after he/she dukes, and vice-versa, should be a good balance to those abilities getting used. There's a very high chance you will die by using your ability, if not immediately then the next day, so you'd have to have a pretty strong read to do so. It would be more powerful for us to reserve our abilities as long as we can in the game, so that we can overpower the wolves toward the end.

I haven't seen any mention of the PM ability yet, but that will certainly prove crucial at some point. Please remember that if you use it, perhaps to get yourself out of a lynch, you are certainly feeding the wolves that info, as well as your faction, so think it through carefully.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2015, 10:47 AM   #254
Autumn
Head Coach

dola

I was thinking the PM went out to the whole faction, so I slightly revise what I said upon rereading. There is a chance you'll be giving into to the wolves, I should say.
Old 04-21-2015, 10:49 AM   #255
Shoveler
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
dola

I was thinking the PM went out to the whole faction, so I slightly revise what I said upon rereading. There is a chance you'll be giving into to the wolves, I should say.

And there is good possibility that one if not two of the wolves have the duke pm ability. So they could be using the ability to manipulate as well.
Shoveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2015, 10:49 AM   #256
Autumn
Head Coach

Chief Rum, are there rules against revealing or hinting at your identity in the content of your PM?
Old 04-21-2015, 10:50 AM   #257
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Vote Tally (as of Post #256)

timmae (3)-- EagleFan (82), Vaimes (85), The Jackal (237)
Shoveler (2)-- MartinD (83), britrock83 (113)
The Jackal (2)-- Raven (106), timmae (154)
Vaimes (2)-- Shoveler (95), Zinto (163)
Zinto (1)-- Narcizo (108)
Grover (1)-- fontisian (210)
fontisian (3)-- MrBug708 (178), cheekimonk (190), Grover (202)
cheekimonk (1)-- JAG (197)

Yet To Vote: Autumn

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2015, 10:51 AM   #258
Autumn
Head Coach

Chief, if The Blank attempts to shoot someone will that fact be advertised in thread and will it cancel other shot attempts?
Old 04-21-2015, 10:51 AM   #259
The Jackal
Coordinator

I didn't realize timmae already had two votes on him, but I'm cool with seeing where this goes.
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2015, 10:51 AM   #260
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
Chief, if The Blank attempts to shoot someone will that fact be advertised in thread and will it cancel other shot attempts?

Good question
Old 04-21-2015, 10:52 AM   #261
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG View Post
I guess it's a red letter day then. I haven't voted seriously to this point anyway, mostly wanting to get some discussion going and ask questions of those I have. I'm a little weirded out by people following my votes though.

Unvote

For further notice, please anyone who wishes to just UNVOTE and not UNVOTE and VOTE in the same post, please include the player you're unvoting. I almost missed this from unvote from JAG because a simple bolded Unvote doesn't particularly stand out.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Old 04-21-2015, 10:53 AM   #262
MrBug708
Head Coach

I have to Procter the state testing today so I'm limited. Can't even have cell phone on me until break
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2015, 10:53 AM   #263
The Jackal
Coordinator

I feel like that came out of nowhere a game or two ago, the unvoting with no name next to it
Old 04-21-2015, 10:54 AM   #264
Autumn
Head Coach

I know where I would vote among current votegetters if need be, but I don't have a strong suspicion there. So with plenty of time I'd rather go with someone I have a bad read on, just gut based on posts.

vote cheekimonk
Old 04-21-2015, 10:54 AM   #265
Shoveler
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmae View Post
OOG: Just a heads up that I have offsite meetings from 8am until 4pm CST tomorrow (Tuesday).

Does this mean he wont be checking in through lynch time?
Old 04-21-2015, 10:54 AM   #266
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
I feel like that came out of nowhere a game or two ago, the unvoting with no name next to it

Things are different, friend, than in the old days. Come on over and have a lemonade.
Old 04-21-2015, 10:54 AM   #267
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Chief Rum, are there rules against revealing or hinting at your identity in the content of your PM?

I am presuming you're talking about the one PM everyone has the ability to send in the game?

You can put anything in that message. You can tell that person the Ducks will win the Stanley Cup this year if you like.

Just remember, everyone, these PMs go to me alone. And then I send it someone else (unknown to you, the sender).

Old 04-21-2015, 10:55 AM   #268
Grover
Pro Starter

unvote fontisian
vote MartinD

We've heard very little from him so far, I'd like to hear more..

FOFC Greatest Band Draft Runner Up
FOFC Movie Remake Draft Winner
FOFC Movie Comedy Draft Winner
Grover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2015, 10:56 AM   #269
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

There will likely be a theatrical scene where the Blank will fail miserably, yes.

And, also yes, the Blank firing will eliminate all other possible Hunter shots for that day.

Old 04-21-2015, 10:58 AM   #270
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

I am puzzled but have a couple theories but want to see what plays out with tonight's vote before confusing myself further. I doubt that I will be around for the vote so I hope that we hit on a wolf.

I probably should have not jumped in this game when I saw it was an afternoon deadline so I apologize for my lack of involvement so far. At least tonight there will be more posts that I can sort through, and votes to analyze.

Some thoughts that I don't mind tipping my hand on:

Agree that it really doesn't help to reveal the duke/hunter roles at the moment. Maybe there will come a time in the game when it will but I am not seeing it at this point.

Want to find out more about the font declaration on Vaimes.

Not seeing what pinged anyone on cheek but I haven't read everything yet. What I saw looked more like a confused villager (I know because I have been) and nothing wolfish. Though I admit to not looking his way on day one this game after last game.

font was getting called out about voting but now Autumn seems to be delaying as well. Has he been called out?

There are a couple other observations but they aren't strong enough yet and I want to see if they make more sense after the vote (and more posts by those involved hopefully).
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2015, 10:58 AM   #271
Autumn
Head Coach

Also to consider are the Duke and Hunter roles, some of which could be in the hands of wolves. A wolf or cultist who can find out the faction of players, for instance, could be a big benefit to the wolves, as could the other roles. Just something to keep in the back of our mind.
Old 04-21-2015, 11:02 AM   #272
Raven
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
There will likely be a theatrical scene where the Blank will fail miserably, yes.

And, also yes, the Blank firing will eliminate all other possible Hunter shots for that day.

--insert image of Elmer Fudd--

Last edited by Raven : 04-21-2015 at 11:03 AM. Reason: gt and lt signs removed text
Old 04-21-2015, 11:05 AM   #273
britrock88
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoveler View Post
Does this mean he wont be checking in through lynch time?

That appears to be correct. I'd cut against heading Timmae's way for a lynch simply for this reason. Let's pick up the thought tomorrow, by all means (I don't have a strong read either way), but we wouldn't get anything out of him today, from the looks of it.
britrock88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2015, 11:05 AM   #274
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Forgot about the PM thingy. I can't really see any way how that can be helpful to the village but who knows. Seems more useful in terms of hunters and dukes.
Narcizo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2015, 11:06 AM   #275
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
For further notice, please anyone who wishes to just UNVOTE and not UNVOTE and VOTE in the same post, please include the player you're unvoting. I almost missed this from unvote from JAG because a simple bolded Unvote doesn't particularly stand out.

Just to be certain this is clear, I am only asking for this if all you do voting wise in a post is UNVOTE.

You can still follow the BGG format if you UNVOTE and VOTE in the same post. I haven't had any issues missing those.

Old 04-21-2015, 11:07 AM   #276
The Jackal
Coordinator

Thanks for re-posting timmae's availability.

unvote timmae
Old 04-21-2015, 11:08 AM   #277
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
Things are different, friend, than in the old days. Come on over and have a lemonade.

Mm, refreshing.
Old 04-21-2015, 11:13 AM   #278
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narcizo View Post
Forgot about the PM thingy. I can't really see any way how that can be helpful to the village but who knows. Seems more useful in terms of hunters and dukes.

I can think of a way or two but nothing is certain, they could all be sabotaged by wolves.
Old 04-21-2015, 11:23 AM   #279
Autumn
Head Coach

I want to keep the Cultist in mind too. If the Cultist is a duke they're going to use their liberally because they know they won't hit a wolf, and aren't worried about dying themselves. If they have a role as well, that could be worse. If they're a Hunter, same thing, they won't worry about bad guys and don't really care if they kill themselves.
Old 04-21-2015, 11:29 AM   #280
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
CULTIST-- You are a villager but you are a wannabe wolf. You win with the wolves, but count towards the village for win conditions. You know the wolves' identities and their Hunter/Duke allegiances. You cannot PM a player like the others, but you can receive PMs. You do not have a natural Hunter or Duke ability, although you will be a member of one of those teams. You have the ability to act as a member of one of those teams as if you were The Blank (Hunter team) or Stuttering Sam (Duke team). If you are attacked by the wolves, you will join them.

Quote:
I want to keep the Cultist in mind too. If the Cultist is a duke they're going to use their liberally because they know they won't hit a wolf, and aren't worried about dying themselves. If they have a role as well, that could be worse. If they're a Hunter, same thing, they won't worry about bad guys and don't really care if they kill themselves.

Looks like we don't have to worry about the cultist using a duke/hunter power, since it doesn't seem like they'll get the ability.
Old 04-21-2015, 11:30 AM   #281
The Jackal
Coordinator

In quoting that post I just noticed for the first time that the Cultist becomes a wolf if attacked. Want to make sure everyone else sees that too.
Old 04-21-2015, 11:31 AM   #282
Shoveler
High School Varsity

Of the current folks with votes the only one I was interested in moving my vote towards was timmae, based off of his assessment this morning that felt hollow. However, if he's not going to be around, I'll just keep my vote on Vaimes for now. I don't believe he's even chimed in since the beginning of the game yesterday. He may be town, as per font's read, but a little more contribution would help ease my mind.
Old 04-21-2015, 11:31 AM   #283
The Jackal
Coordinator

vote zinto
Old 04-21-2015, 11:32 AM   #284
Shoveler
High School Varsity

Quote:
In quoting that post I just noticed for the first time that the Cultist becomes a wolf if attacked. Want to make sure everyone else sees that too.

Yep, so anyone that uses their ability to no effect needs to die.
Old 04-21-2015, 11:33 AM   #285
Shoveler
High School Varsity

Quote:

At least until we have a confirmed dead cultist.

BTW, what does DOLA stand for. I see that all the time when folks post back to back, can't figure that out via a google search.
Old 04-21-2015, 11:34 AM   #286
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:

Well, they know they are the cultist and don't have an ability. How would they use it?

There are a few known explanations for why an ability would result in no kill: sam/blank, medic/peacekeeper, and item blocks. But I don't think the cultist even has the choice of "using their ability"
Old 04-21-2015, 11:35 AM   #287
The Jackal
Coordinator

I forget what DOLA actually stands for (if anything), but it essentially just means you are adding on to a thought from your previous post. Kinda like PS?
Old 04-21-2015, 11:36 AM   #288
Shoveler
High School Varsity

Quote:
Well, they know they are the cultist and don't have an ability. How would they use it?

There are a few known explanations for why an ability would result in no kill: sam/blank, medic/peacekeeper, and item blocks. But I don't think the cultist even has the choice of "using their ability"

Go reread the quote in post #280. "You have the ability to act as the blank or stuttering sam"
Old 04-21-2015, 11:38 AM   #289
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:

meant no kill/no lynch, since i was including the duke stoppers
Old 04-21-2015, 11:38 AM   #290
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
Go reread the quote in post #280. "You have the ability to act as the blank or stuttering sam"

I think that just means they are like blank or sam in that they are a part of their faction but don't have any powers.
Old 04-21-2015, 11:39 AM   #291
The Jackal
Coordinator

oh and dola is also supposed to be an unbroken chain of posts
Old 04-21-2015, 11:40 AM   #292
Shoveler
High School Varsity

Quote:
I think that just means they are like blank or sam in that they are a part of their faction but don't have any powers.

I disagree, and I dont think we can assume that is the case. Unless Chief clarifies this point we have to go with what the description states, they can act.. so therefore they can try to screw with a duke ability (assuming if they use their non-ability it would force the unknown tiebreaker with another duke using their ability?).. or they could shut down the hunters by jumping the gun with their blank ability.. depending on which side they fall on.
Old 04-21-2015, 11:40 AM   #293
cheekimonk
High School Varsity

I think timmae is keeping a lower profile, but that would be townread to me as he was all over this board when he was wolf in WoT (all over with his LIES). Like others, would like to hear more from Vaimes and I didn't expect my vote to stay where it was anyway:

unvote fontisian
vote Vaimes
cheekimonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2015, 11:41 AM   #294
cheekimonk
High School Varsity

Quote:
oh and dola is also supposed to be an unbroken chain of posts

Can I take this opp to ask what "dola" means?
cheekimonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2015, 11:42 AM   #295
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Dola is an old, old FOFC reference.

A couple FOFC board iterations back, we had a troll poster named Dolamite. He was really annoying. His particular habit was to string along several posts in a row, each with some small statement or bit of information instead of putting it all in one post.

He got banned, IIRC, although it was for something else, not the post habits.

Anyway, from that, we started to say "dola" at the start of a new post where we were the last post prior to that. Kinda like short for "my apologies, I am pulling a Dolamite".

We also use tri- or triple dola and so forth, or point out when someone broke up our dola attempt by posting while we were typing the dola post.

Last edited by Chief Rum : 04-21-2015 at 11:43 AM.
Old 04-21-2015, 11:43 AM   #296
Shoveler
High School Varsity

Chief can you confirm whether or not the cultist can use the action they dont really have?
Old 04-21-2015, 11:50 AM   #297
MartinD
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grover View Post
unvote fontisian
vote MartinD

We've heard very little from him so far, I'd like to hear more..

I haven't exactly been around much - checked in this morning before going to work (about 1.30 Eastern), but didn't have anything to add at that point, and am not long in from work.
MartinD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2015, 11:51 AM   #298
Raven
College Prospect

Quote:
Dola is an old, old FOFC reference.

A couple FOFC board iterations back, we had a troll poster named Dolamite. He was really annoying. His particular habit was to string along several posts in a row, each with some small statement or bit of information instead of putting it all in one post.

He got banned, IIRC, although it was for something else, not the post habits.

Anyway, from that, we started to say "dola" at the start of a new post where we were the last post prior to that. Kinda like short for "my apologies, I am pulling a Dolamite".

We also use tri- or triple dola and so forth, or point out when someone broke up our dola attempt by posting while we were typing the dola post.

I remember he was already gone before I came along, so this was a good 15+ years ago, btw!
Old 04-21-2015, 11:51 AM   #299
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Chief can you confirm whether or not the cultist can use the action they dont really have?

Nope.

Old 04-21-2015, 11:53 AM   #300
Raven
College Prospect

btw, Chief...just noticed we joined in the same month! Oct 2000