Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Baseball Text-Based Sims
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-09-2010, 02:55 PM   #1
ShoelessJ03
High School JV

OOTP Logo Project

I have started a project that's purpose is to compile a plug-n-play zip file of logos to be used with OOTP.

I am going through and creating logos for game generated team nicknames. This way, if you enable the dynamic league options to include team nickname changes or even relocation and expansion, the game will have a logo to use rather than the generic game generated ones.

Additionally, if you like to create fictional leagues, this will allow for the game to create the league file with these logos as needed by your league universe.

So, if you come across a game generated nickname and need a logo for it, chances are my file that I am working on probably does too. A simple reply with the team nickname will do. I'll add it to the collection.

Each logo will be saved and coded accordingly with the main 2 team colors. When the team is created it will have the team colors for uniforms and such attached.

Thanks!

Join Here: http://fantasy.nfl.com/registration/...eagueId=391368
League ID: 391368
League Password: provided on request

ShoelessJ03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 10:35 PM   #2
Drake
assmaster

As someone with no graphic arts talent whatsoever (i.e., even my stick figures manage to look deformed), please accept my complete sincerity when I say that I love you and everyone like you.
Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 01:35 PM   #3
korme
Go Reds

Sexy awesome
korme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 04:32 PM   #4
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Heck of an idea. I just wonder how you can predict for every scenario of a city and nickname combination that people might put together.
Old 05-10-2010, 05:41 PM   #5
ShoelessJ03
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Cloud View Post
Heck of an idea. I just wonder how you can predict for every scenario of a city and nickname combination that people might put together.

I thought of this too. Right now, I'm working on a set based off team nicknames only. They will be interchangeable since I won't associate them with a specific city. So basically, anytime a team is created with the nickname Roosters or w/e the case may be, it'll pull the logo with color scheme attached.

FWIW - most of my logo designs by default, at least what I am doing right now, leave enough space to easily modify and add in a city name, if someone chooses to do so.

When I get a large enough collection together, I'll make a zip file available.

Last edited by ShoelessJ03 : 05-10-2010 at 05:43 PM.
Old 05-11-2010, 07:44 AM   #6
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Great idea, thanks.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 12:33 PM   #7
spleen1015
Coordinator

Can you post some examples of your logos?
Old 05-12-2010, 12:54 PM   #8
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShoelessJ03 View Post
I have started a project that's purpose is to compile a plug-n-play zip file of logos to be used with OOTP.

I am going through and creating logos for game generated team nicknames. This way, if you enable the dynamic league options to include team nickname changes or even relocation and expansion, the game will have a logo to use rather than the generic game generated ones.

Additionally, if you like to create fictional leagues, this will allow for the game to create the league file with these logos as needed by your league universe.

So, if you come across a game generated nickname and need a logo for it, chances are my file that I am working on probably does too. A simple reply with the team nickname will do. I'll add it to the collection.

Each logo will be saved and coded accordingly with the main 2 team colors. When the team is created it will have the team colors for uniforms and such attached.

Thanks!
GREAT idea.
Old 05-12-2010, 03:09 PM   #9
ShoelessJ03
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by spleen1015 View Post
Can you post some examples of your logos?

Here's a couple that I've done for my online league. Obviously, this one is for my Chicago team. The collection I am planning to make will be based off team nicknames rather than city names.

Of course, I could do a set based off city names as well, with no association to a mascot, if people would like that as well.

In any case, here are a couple other examples of my work. I haven't uploaded any of my nickname based logos yet. So far, I've got about 50 or so done.

Old 05-12-2010, 03:24 PM   #10
ShoelessJ03
High School JV

Here are a few from my current project.

It's funny because some nicknames / mascots that I never would have used before, actually came out with the better logos and will probably see some action now as a result.