Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-11-2019, 08:01 PM   #1751
PilotMan
Head Coach

God this is a great headline:

Kristin Cavallari Says Jay Cutler Unclogged Her Milk Ducts By 'Sucking Harder Than He's Ever Sucked'

hxxps://jezebel.com/kristin-cavallari-says-jay-cutler-unclogged-her-milk-du-1833986228

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 07:46 PM   #1752
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirFozzie View Post
Looks like the prosecutor was a wee bit overzealous (Although what Kraft IS accused of doing is still illegal, just that there was no human trafficking involved)

TMZ: Suspects from Spa in Robert Kraft Case Not Charged with Sex Trafficking | Bleacher Report | Latest News, Videos and Highlights

https://www.cnn.com/2019/04/17/us/ro...ase/index.html

I see how it is. Everybody loves Florida's Sunshine law when it comes to finding material for your Florida man jokes but all of a sudden when it's Robert Kraft now we are worried about fairness? Follow the law! Show everyone else the video!*

*By everyone else I mean everyone but me. I don't care and I have no desire to see any of the people involved getting "massages"
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2019, 01:41 PM   #1753
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Frank Clark to the Chiefs for some significant stuff(1st, and 2020 second)
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2019, 01:43 PM   #1754
Logan
Head Coach

When did teams start giving up big assets for guys in trades AND give them UFA open market level new deals?

Feel like I missed something.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2019, 01:54 PM   #1755
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post

There were also rumors out there today that my beloved Cards were going to trade Patrick Peterson to the Chiefs too, but that seems to have dissolved. Who knows if he ends up somewhere else though. Still no Josh Rosen trade last I heard.
Old 04-23-2019, 01:55 PM   #1756
dawgfan
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Clark has been a good player and definitely stepped it up a notch last year, but I like this deal for Seattle. Last year really struck me as a classic "contract year" kind of performance. Maybe Clark can maintain that level, but it wouldn't surprise me in the least if his effort level now that he got his big money contract eases up a bit.

With the #21 and #29 picks now I expect the Seahawks will look to deal down from the #21 to pick up extras, and maybe from the #29 as well since they still only have five picks right now.
dawgfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2019, 01:55 PM   #1757
stevew
Hall Of Famer

The franchise tag is just a complete abomination. Neither seattle nor Kansas City really engaged their player in serious contract talks and traded them.

I just think if the price is 2 #1s to sign a franchise player, the team shouldn't be able to restrict the player's movement and then ship him out for less. These guys get 1 shot to get paid usually.
Old 04-23-2019, 01:56 PM   #1758
dawgfan
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
The franchise tag is just a complete abomination. Neither seattle nor Kansas City really engaged their player in serious contract talks and traded them.

I just think if the price is 2 #1s to sign a franchise player, the team shouldn't be able to restrict the player's movement and then ship him out for less. These guys get 1 shot to get paid usually.
I'm normally very biased towards the players in these kinds of debates, but it's hard for me to see how Clark was harmed with all of this.
Old 04-23-2019, 02:02 PM   #1759
stevew
Hall Of Famer

His movement was restricted to only 1 team which had to part with fairly significant capital to acquire him.
Old 04-23-2019, 02:04 PM   #1760
dawgfan
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
His movement was restricted to only 1 team which had to part with fairly significant capital to acquire him.
Sure, and that's valid. The counterpoint would be he got a contract that appears to match DeMarcus Lawrence for tops among edge guys and was moved to a definite Super Bowl contender.
Old 04-25-2019, 04:49 PM   #1761
sabotai
General Manager

Everyone says that outside of Kyler Murray, the QBs in this draft wouldn't be in the top 4 or 5 in last year's or next year's draft. And the Giants are going to need to find Eli's successor very soon.

I've watched a bunch of Haskins's plays from this season, as well as Drew Lock. From what I've seen, Haskins looks like a really good QB. Lock, on the other hand, would worry me. The best of Lock beats the best of Haskins, but the worst of Lock is really fucking bad. It's a hard no from me on Daniel Jones, and I haven't looked at Will Grier.

So on one hand, all of the experts seem to think the QBs in this draft aren't that good, but on the other hand...Haskins looks pretty good to me. Of course, the biggest factor in whether a QB is a success at the pro level is how well he reads an NFL defense, and I can't see that on tape.

The Giants have 3 big needs going into the draft, and they have 2 first round picks. They need a offensive tackle, they need pass rushers, and they need Eli's successor. If the price to trade up for Murray or Haskins (assuming they'd have to) is too high, then I'd be fine if at the end of tonight, they had 2 defensive players or 1 defensive player and an offensive tackle. But if Haskins falls to 6, I think I'll be very disappointed if the Giants don't draft him. From what I've seen, I don't want the G-Men to use the #6 pick on any QB outside of Haskins or Murray.
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2019, 05:22 PM   #1762
bhlloy
Coordinator

Time for my laughably bad QB predictions that I can cringe at in a couple of years. I think Grier could be a bit of a sleeper, everything about Jones and Lock tell me that they will be busts.

Haskins is a really strange one. You could tell me he's anything from JaMarcus Russell to a perennial all star and I could see it happening. It wouldn't make me very happy as a GM to spend a top 10 pick on him, but I think you'd do it on upside alone.
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2019, 05:28 PM   #1763
tarcone
Coordinator

Iowa will have 2 TEs drafted in the 1st round. Ive seen top5 for Hock and around 12 for Fant.

That is just crazy

The word is Fight! Fight! Fight! For Iowa

FOFC 30 Dollar Challenge Champion-OOTP '15
tarcone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2019, 05:46 PM   #1764
Izulde
Head Coach

Yeah, everything about Jones screams backup to me. I actually think the best QB in this class will end up being Tyree Jackson. Just a gut hunch.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2019, 05:47 PM   #1765
Arles
Grey Dog Software

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarcone View Post
Iowa will have 2 TEs drafted in the 1st round. Ive seen top5 for Hock and around 12 for Fant.

That is just crazy
Oh god, please don't have GB take Fant at 12. Hock at 12 would be OK - but this team needs front 7 and OL help. Drafting a project receiving TE at 12 would be awful

Last edited by Arles : 04-25-2019 at 05:48 PM.
Arles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2019, 06:05 PM   #1766
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabotai View Post
Everyone says that outside of Kyler Murray, the QBs in this draft wouldn't be in the top 4 or 5 in last year's or next year's draft. And the Giants are going to need to find Eli's successor very soon.

I've watched a bunch of Haskins's plays from this season, as well as Drew Lock. From what I've seen, Haskins looks like a really good QB. Lock, on the other hand, would worry me. The best of Lock beats the best of Haskins, but the worst of Lock is really fucking bad. It's a hard no from me on Daniel Jones, and I haven't looked at Will Grier.

So on one hand, all of the experts seem to think the QBs in this draft aren't that good, but on the other hand...Haskins looks pretty good to me. Of course, the biggest factor in whether a QB is a success at the pro level is how well he reads an NFL defense, and I can't see that on tape.

The Giants have 3 big needs going into the draft, and they have 2 first round picks. They need a offensive tackle, they need pass rushers, and they need Eli's successor. If the price to trade up for Murray or Haskins (assuming they'd have to) is too high, then I'd be fine if at the end of tonight, they had 2 defensive players or 1 defensive player and an offensive tackle. But if Haskins falls to 6, I think I'll be very disappointed if the Giants don't draft him. From what I've seen, I don't want the G-Men to use the #6 pick on any QB outside of Haskins or Murray.

Everything I have seen is Giants going edge rusher, likely Allen from KY, at 6. then taking QB at 17, Jones or Locke. I agree with you on Locke, disagree on Jones. I think he is going to be a good pro. Not a Haskins fan. I don't like QBs who only started one year. Rumor is the skins only target is Haskins, should tell you something.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2019, 06:06 PM   #1767
tarcone
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arles View Post
Oh god, please don't have GB take Fant at 12. Hock at 12 would be OK - but this team needs front 7 and OL help. Drafting a project receiving TE at 12 would be awful

Fant is an athletic freak. 6'5" 250 runs a 4.51. And you know Rodgers wants help.

His hands are average, but he is far from a project.

Old 04-25-2019, 06:23 PM   #1768
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Is there a better face of the league right now than Mahomes? Kid is obviously an amazing talent but is also so damn likeable and articulate.
Old 04-25-2019, 06:24 PM   #1769
tarcone
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
Is there a better face of the league right now than Mahomes? Kid is obviously an amazing talent but is also so damn likeable and articulate.

I dont agree with you much, but on this point, I agree 100%. Just a baller thats a good dude.

Old 04-25-2019, 06:26 PM   #1770
tarcone
Coordinator

Detroit guy is high on Hock

The Detroit Lions should draft Iowa TE T.J. Hockenson - Pride Of Detroit

I agree with his assessment. Hock is going to be a great one.

Old 04-25-2019, 06:32 PM   #1771
bob
College Starter

Can’t wait to see how the Lions waste his career
bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2019, 07:01 PM   #1772
bhlloy
Coordinator

Hopefully Kyler’s decision making on an NFL field is better than his dress sense. Looks like a peptobismol bottle in a corset.
Old 04-25-2019, 07:03 PM   #1773
tarcone
Coordinator

Robin Roberts outfit is very distracting. What a terrible choice.

Taylor Swift? Really?

Old 04-25-2019, 07:04 PM   #1774
tarcone
Coordinator

Lee Corso? Man, I cant watch this.

Old 04-25-2019, 07:06 PM   #1775
Izulde
Head Coach

Such utter horseshit the networks have shut off the streaming options for cable cutters unless you fork out $45-50 a month.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2019, 07:10 PM   #1776
tarcone
Coordinator

Goodell must be the most hated man in all of football

Old 04-25-2019, 07:11 PM   #1777
bhlloy
Coordinator

Aw man, I really wanted the Nashville crowd to boo Mariota. That would have been brilliant if Goodell's staged handoff had fallen flat on it's face.
Old 04-25-2019, 07:14 PM   #1778
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabotai
From what I've seen, I don't want the G-Men to use the #6 pick on any QB outside of Haskins or Murray.

That's reasonable enough, though I'm not at all sure I'd want to use a top 6 on those two either honestly. This ain't the year to be looking for the QB of the Future IMO.

Last edited by JonInMiddleGA : 04-25-2019 at 07:14 PM.
JonInMiddleGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2019, 07:14 PM   #1779
bhlloy
Coordinator

I think Murray can play, but I'm skeptical about the fit with the Cards for a number of reasons. Firstly, this is going to be a terrible team for a while, and if Kingsbury is gone after two seasons are you going to hope there's a guy out there who keeps the same offense, even if by that point the offense doesn't look like it can fit? And secondly, the second you make that pick you aren't getting anything close to the draft capital back you spent on Rosen. At least if they'd got a first in the weeks leading up to the draft you'd know it would make a bit more sense.

Maybe it's not Kyler and it's the greatest smoke screen ever. Let's see.
Old 04-25-2019, 07:17 PM   #1780
tarcone
Coordinator

The Cards have Rosen? Why Murray?

Old 04-25-2019, 07:19 PM   #1781
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
The Cards have Rosen? Why Murray?

Because Kingsbury wants him. He likely doesn't take the job without the agreement he can bring in his guy
Old 04-25-2019, 07:19 PM   #1782
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

dola-

NFL network just said a Big 10 QB hasn't been taken in the first round since Kerry Collins in 1995. I find that amazing.
Old 04-25-2019, 07:21 PM   #1783
Swaggs
Coordinator

I hope there is an early run on QBs.

I’d like to see some over-reaches so the Steelers can get an impact defensive player or one of the TEs.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2019, 07:25 PM   #1784
tarcone
Coordinator

Kingsbury better be a hell of a coach or Arizona will be terrible for a decade.

Old 04-25-2019, 07:26 PM   #1785
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Why Murray?

It's because

Quote:
The Cards have Rosen
Old 04-25-2019, 07:26 PM   #1786
tarcone
Coordinator

Whats the cap hit on Rosen?

Old 04-25-2019, 07:27 PM   #1787
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Whats the cap hit on Rosen?

Minimal on the rookie contract but they will trade him and get a pretty good deal. The fact he makes such little money will be a big draw for teams.
Old 04-25-2019, 07:30 PM   #1788
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

The 49ers pick the Trump fan
Old 04-25-2019, 07:32 PM   #1789
molson
General Manager

Taking QBs in consecutive first rounds of drafts isn't ideal. I had to look it up, the only other time it happened was the Colts taking Art Schlichter at #4 one year and Elway at #1 the next year.

So the only other time a team bailed on a first round QB so quickly was when he was indefinitely suspended for gambling by the time the next draft came around. Fine company.

Last edited by molson : 04-25-2019 at 07:33 PM.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2019, 07:33 PM   #1790
bhlloy
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
Minimal on the rookie contract but they will trade him and get a pretty good deal. The fact he makes such little money will be a big draw for teams.

They won’t get close to the #10 pick though, so I don’t think it can possibly be a good deal. All they did was make a sensible pick, completely tank his value on an awful team and then try to flip him.
Old 04-25-2019, 07:34 PM   #1791
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhlloy View Post
They won’t get close to the #10 pick though, so I don’t think it can possibly be a good deal. All they did was make a sensible pick, completely tank his value on an awful team and then try to flip him.

Ya, I think if they could have gotten even a 2nd for him it would have happened by now. Such a waste.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2019, 07:38 PM   #1792
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhlloy View Post

Of course they will get pennies on the dollar, but at this point it is a sunk cost. I wouldn't be surprised if the Giants dealt the 17th pick for him
Old 04-25-2019, 07:38 PM   #1793
tarcone
Coordinator

But we are talking the Giants and Redskins. They will surely overpay.

Old 04-25-2019, 07:39 PM   #1794
tarcone
Coordinator

Did they say Mike Mayock is the GM of the Raiders?

Old 04-25-2019, 07:40 PM   #1795
bhlloy
Coordinator

Yeah, the best they can hope is there’s an insane run on QB, there’s literally nobody left for tomorrow and one of the teams on the outside looking in trades them their second. Otherwise they are flipping him before training camp and it’s going to be a bad return. There’s no way they can keep him as the backup.
Old 04-25-2019, 07:40 PM   #1796
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson View Post
Taking QBs in consecutive first rounds of drafts isn't ideal. I had to look it up, the only other time it happened was the Colts taking Art Schlichter at #4 one year and Elway at #1 the next year.

So the only other time a team bailed on a first round QB so quickly was when he was indefinitely suspended for gambling by the time the next draft came around. Fine company.
Well at least Elway worked out for the Colts.
BishopMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2019, 07:43 PM   #1797
tarcone
Coordinator

Raiders in the market for TE. Hock?

Old 04-25-2019, 07:45 PM   #1798
tarcone
Coordinator

Quote:
Raiders in the market for TE. Hock?

Never mind. 13 sacks last season? Thats terrible

Old 04-25-2019, 07:48 PM   #1799
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Raiders gonna Raider
Old 04-25-2019, 07:50 PM   #1800
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Did they say Mike Mayock is the GM of the Raiders?

Yep.

Well, I don't know what they said, but he is.