Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old Today, 09:01 AM   #16851
spleen1015
Coordinator

If he loses in 2020, does he run again in 2024?
Old Today, 09:09 AM   #16852
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by spleen1015 View Post

be hard to run from prison
Lathum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 09:13 AM   #16853
JPhillips
Head Coach

Norms are fragile, and when they're broken with no consequences, they stay broken and encourage further erosion of norms. Watergate was the outlier, the other scandals we've had in the past fifty years have been largely consequence free for the perpetrators. Now we'll accept foreign meddling in our elections, Attorneys General that are little more than the President's personal lawyer, and an encouragement for Presidents to obstruct justice.

I'm not arguing for immediate impeachment hearings, but the investigation has to continue and impeachment can't be taken off the table. This is bigger than the 2020 elections, but even if that's the worry, there's little reason to be concerned. Trump won a very unlikely victory against a terribly flawed candidate and since then the demographics have moved away from him and his support has slightly fallen. If the Dems lose in 2020 it will have more to do with the candidate than any investigation into the President.
Old Today, 09:13 AM   #16854
JPhillips
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by spleen1015 View Post

Hard to run when your brain is a pile of mush.
Old Today, 09:35 AM   #16855
tarcone
Grizzled Veteran

You guys understand that Trump supporters believe HRC and the Russians were working together and all those emails she destroyed was the proof. right?

If you have not figured that out, right or wrong, then I see why you are still calling for impeachment and Trump is a bad guy.

This is just going to drive more people out in 2020 to vote for Trump.

He will not be impeached. He will not be in prison.

FOFC 30 Dollar Challenge Champion-OOTP '15
tarcone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 09:49 AM   #16856
HomerSimpson98
High School Varsity

Yep, you are right. There are some stupid motherfuckers out there. But the fear-mongering and bullshit isnt going to attract any new Republican voter retards for Trump. He's still drinking from a fixed reservoir of contaminated water.

Last edited by HomerSimpson98 : Today at 09:52 AM.
HomerSimpson98 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 09:59 AM   #16857
Edward64
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Swartz View Post
I totally agree with this. If the President committed impeachable offenses then its the duty of the House to impeach, period and end of sentence. At some point, the only way away from things continuing to get worse if for somebody to do their duty and make good on their oath of office. I understand the political argument, but it's irrelevant here - not impeaching says the POTUS doing this stuff is acceptable.

I too agree that we should impeach. It should pass the House but doubtful the Senate will confirm. Regardless, its the right thing to do.

Impeachment process will keep it out there and although it won't shift the hardcore 38-45% (?), I have to believe it will shift the undecided.

The key risk to the Democrats if they become too "petty" in the impeachment process and that turns off the undecided. I do think this is a real possibility.

Nevertheless, the right thing to do is start and try to impeach.
Edward64 is online now   Reply With Quote