Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-29-2007, 11:50 PM   #1
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

My diet is doomded (New Ice Cream place)

I was out with the folks today (celebrating a raise), and we stopped at a Cold Stone Creamery near the resturaunt where we had lunch. I know this is a franchise and all that, but goddamn, they put a lot of work into it!

My folks and I ordered a small take home package of Sweet Cream flavored ice cream, and not only did they spoon it right into the container, but then pulled out a marble board (!!!!), flattened out the icecream, mixxed in the choccolate sprinkles and the Reeses Peanut Butter cups (the big ones!), and then broke up the peanut butter cups and started folding in the toppings. I only had a brief taste of it after dinner tonight..

God that stuff's good.. And they have a lot of untraditional flavors (Cotton Candy, Cake Batter, etcetera)

It's on my way to and from work. Hopefully I don't get the urge to stop there.. the prices are expensive (of course), but so good.. I think I'll ask the folks to hide that container of ice cream somewhere in the freezer where I can't see it easily

SirFozzie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 12:04 AM   #2
Tyrith
College Starter

You're doomed. They might as well hang a sign outside that says "SURRENDER FOZZIE".
Tyrith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 12:11 AM   #3
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

coldstone is tasty, but oh so pricey. I enjoy the apple pie, and also the reeses peanut butter cup with vanilla ice cream (instead of their suggested chocolate). But man...$$-wise it's like a second meal sometimes
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 12:12 AM   #4
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!

(that was to Tyrith's comment)

It was $14 for the small container of Sweet Cream with Jimmies and peanut butter cups and a a Creme de Menth Shake.

So tempted to go up and eat that ice cream

Last edited by SirFozzie : 04-30-2007 at 12:13 AM.
SirFozzie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 12:15 AM   #5
Tyrith
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirFozzie View Post
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!

(that was to Tyrith's comment)

It was $14 for the small container of Sweet Cream with Jimmies and peanut butter cups and a a Creme de Menth Shake.

So tempted to go up and eat that ice cream

You should probably burn the ice cream just to get it away from you.
Old 04-30-2007, 12:22 AM   #6
Atocep
Coordinator

There's one less than 5 minutes from here and I've fought off the temptation to check it out. You probably just ruined that for me.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 12:25 AM   #7
Tyrith
College Starter

On an actual comment about Cold Stone:

Second the comments about it being expensive and about it being good. Personally I couldn't take getting that much raw, rich sugar on a regular basis, but occasionally I get a pretty big ice cream craving and this is a good place to get that fixed up. Partial to Oreo or M&M personally, combined with chocolate ice cream...chocolate on top of chocolate, I'm like a woman or something.
Old 04-30-2007, 01:08 AM   #8
TheOhioStateUniversity
High School Varsity

I love it and ice cream in general but those saturated fat, total fat, and cholesterol statistics have me sticking to sorbet or the new extra rich light hagen daaz
Old 04-30-2007, 01:22 AM   #9
Pyser
Pro Rookie

i like when they sing after a tip.

other than that, havent these been around for like 5 years?

ill still take ben and jerrys, though.
Pyser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 01:33 AM   #10
Karlifornia
Grizzled Veteran

Boy I'm glad I don't ever have to diet. I'd get fatter than hell. Thank you metabolism! I may not stun the ladies with my skinny physique, but I can eat chili fries 24/7 and not gain even so much as an ounce of fat! Oh, so such wonderous fantasticality!
Old 04-30-2007, 02:05 AM   #11
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karlifornia View Post
Boy I'm glad I don't ever have to diet. I'd get fatter than hell. Thank you metabolism! I may not stun the ladies with my skinny physique, but I can eat chili fries 24/7 and not gain even so much as an ounce of fat! Oh, so such wonderous fantasticality!

I KEEL YOU NOW!
Old 04-30-2007, 02:16 AM   #12
Schmidty
Coordinator

Just don't eat there.

I don't get people.
Schmidty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 02:20 AM   #13
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

It's a "Food is so good it's worth killing diets for"place type of thing Schmidty.
Old 04-30-2007, 04:39 AM   #14
SackAttack
Head Coach

Mmm, Cold Stone.

I'm partial to the dark chocolate with strawberries as my primary mix-in. I alternate between Oreo cookies and rainbow sprinkles as my secondary mix-in, depending on my mood.
SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 05:52 AM   #15
Ironhead
College Prospect

Pros: Good ice cream
Cons: Waaaaaaaaaay too expensive

In addition to the usual suspects that are normally at the grocery store (Ben & Jerrys, Edy's) we have some excellent local ice cream brands up here (Turkey Hill, Blue Bunny). Why would I pay $6 for a cup of ice cream from Cold Stone when there is always a gallon of ice cream on sale for $1.99 at the store?

Last edited by Ironhead : 04-30-2007 at 05:53 AM.
Ironhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 06:13 AM   #16
Peregrine
Pro Starter

I've been there once, it seemed really pricey. I'll stick with my local frozen custard place, it's super good.
Peregrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 06:16 AM   #17
stevew
Hall Of Famer

They built one within walking distance of my apartment when I lived in Virginia. If I didn't move a few months later, it may have been within waddling distance. Expensive, but it's dynomite.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 06:30 AM   #18
TredWel
High School Varsity

I've been to Cold Stone several times in several different cities, and have never been really impressed. The consistency of the ice cream just doesn't do it for me, and while the quality of mixins are obviously very good (whole candy bars and such), the end result after they crush them into the ice cream is the same as in any self-respecting ice cream parlor. They opened a new store around here in the last month, and I haven't had the desire to go near it.
Old 04-30-2007, 06:44 AM   #19
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

what better cold stone or marble slab?

Whichever one has the amaretto flavor is my favorite. I haven't been to either one in so long, I don't remember.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 08:28 AM   #20
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Sometimes, I wish I liked ice cream.
Old 04-30-2007, 08:51 AM   #21
Ksyrup

Quote:
Originally Posted by TredWel View Post
I've been to Cold Stone several times in several different cities, and have never been really impressed. The consistency of the ice cream just doesn't do it for me, and while the quality of mixins are obviously very good (whole candy bars and such), the end result after they crush them into the ice cream is the same as in any self-respecting ice cream parlor. They opened a new store around here in the last month, and I haven't had the desire to go near it.

I can see the consistency being an issue for some. It is somewhat strange - almost like a doughy ice cream. But it still tastes great.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Old 04-30-2007, 09:00 AM   #23
Ksyrup

If that's the case, why would you eat there more than once?!
Old 04-30-2007, 09:20 AM   #24
Tyrith
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironhead View Post
Pros: Good ice cream
Cons: Waaaaaaaaaay too expensive

In addition to the usual suspects that are normally at the grocery store (Ben & Jerrys, Edy's) we have some excellent local ice cream brands up here (Turkey Hill, Blue Bunny). Why would I pay $6 for a cup of ice cream from Cold Stone when there is always a gallon of ice cream on sale for $1.99 at the store?

Portion control -- if you buy the whole gallon you might eat the whole gallon.
Old 04-30-2007, 09:20 AM   #25
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
If that's the case, why would you eat there more than once?!

A glutton for punishment obviously.
Mizzou B-ball fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 10:05 AM   #26
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrith View Post
Second the comments about it being expensive and about it being good. Personally I couldn't take getting that much raw, rich sugar on a regular basis,

I'm in agreement (on both Cold Stone & Marble Slab). I've gone maybe 2-3 times in the past 3 years, and that's about enough for me, and I'm a pretty big ice cream fan. Even if I order a "small", and I share it with my wife, I still feel pretty sick afterwards. I suspect it's because it's a lot of sugar.

Now, our local soft-serve dairy bar, which opens from April to October and is about 1/2 mile walk from our house - that's good stuff. Tasty, cheap, doesn't totally bloat you, and is pretty much where the whole town congregates during the summer (which is rare enough in the Chicago suburbs).
flere-imsaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 10:19 AM   #27
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

I've found Stone Cold disgusting. Every time I've seen it I've literally thrown up within an hour. Brian Bosworth's "One Tough Bastard" on the other hand...
Old 04-30-2007, 10:31 AM   #29
timmynausea
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine View Post
I've been there once, it seemed really pricey. I'll stick with my local frozen custard place, it's super good.

Yep. Frozen custard blows Cold Stone out of the water. It's not even close.
timmynausea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 10:50 AM   #30
Ksyrup

Custard's OK, but a little too creamy for me. We've got a Culver's here, which is new to us. I can only eat that stuff about as often as Cold Stone or Marble Slab.

I miss frozen yogurt. In Florida, they were as plentiful as McDonald's - here, there are like 5 TCBYs in the entire state, and I think almost all of those are at airports.
Old 04-30-2007, 11:07 AM   #31
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Custard's OK, but a little too creamy for me. We've got a Culver's here, which is new to us. I can only eat that stuff about as often as Cold Stone or Marble Slab.

Culver's is shit custard. It's like saying the McRib is good BBQ...
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 11:11 AM   #32
Ksyrup

I don't think I've ever had custard before, so I don't have anything to compare it with.
Old 04-30-2007, 11:16 AM   #33
Wolfpack
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine View Post

You talking about Goodberry's? I've never had it, oddly enough, though I've heard about it often enough. Maybe when I move back.

As to Coldstone. Yes, it's good, and yes, it's hellapricey. It's a rare treat in our house as a result. Got some Coldstone this past weekend and that was I think the first time since last year. Of course, living in Michigan kind of discourages ice cream consumption in the winter....
Wolfpack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 11:44 AM   #34
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
I don't think I've ever had custard before, so I don't have anything to compare it with.

Something to keep in mind that there is custard out there that is WAAAY better than Culver's. Didn't want you to write off an entire food group.
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 11:47 AM   #35
Subby
lolzcat

DOOMDED!
Superman was flying around and saw Wonder Woman getting a tan in the nude on her balcony. Superman said I going to hit that real fast. So he flys down toward Wonder Woman to hit it and their is a loud scream. The Invincible Man scream what just hit me in the ass!!!!!

I do shit, I take pictures, I write about it: chrisshue.com
Subby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 12:33 PM   #36
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

The way they mix the ice cream on that slab grosses me out for some reason and I can't eat it.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 12:55 PM   #37
Izulde
Head Coach

Culver's is definitely asstastic custard and their food's not that great either.

Blue Bunny's widely available here in Wisconsin too, FWIW.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote