Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 08-18-2021, 12:12 PM   #351
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Swartz View Post
Of course we'll do the same for all drinkers, smokers, the obese, and drug abusers, right?

(No, I don't advocate actually doing that).

The drinker is not spreading cirrhosis to everyone they come in contact with.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2021, 12:51 PM   #352
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

My wife took a sub job for tomorrow, half day. First time she's taken a sub job in 18 months.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2021, 02:21 PM   #353
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post

It's almost the awful analogies break down when one person cannot directly impact another. However, for those things where they do, we have laws against them like, say, drunk driving or second hand smoke. On the whole, you don't actually have the right to directly cause harm to another human, generally?

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2021, 02:35 PM   #354
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker

Right, but the original point wasn't about that - it was about the medical costs incurred for their *own* treatment. If we want to charge people for the medical costs to others incurred by their behavior, that's a horse of a different color.
Brian Swartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2021, 02:45 PM   #355
Flasch186
Coordinator

Like a horse that's been argued time and again ad nauseum already about how we all pay for other's health care costs already?

Pretzels again

Putting a New Spin on Real Estate!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Flasch186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2021, 04:06 PM   #356
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post

But they still impact others healthcare costs, so yeah they do affect others, not to mention the fact that drunk drivers still kill people daily. Not the best analogy.

Fact of the matter is, anybody that is reckless with their own health affects others in some way, shape or form.

Covid deniers are just a whole other level of stupid
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2021, 04:12 PM   #357
Flasch186
Coordinator

Bs’ analogies are always perfect

Stats are crap

Data is garbage

everyone else is wrong (rinse and repeat)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Old 08-18-2021, 05:54 PM   #358
tarcone
Coordinator

Our school board meets tonight and will determine what color status we will start the year off. Yellow or Orange I imagine. Yellow is optional masks for unvaccinated or within 6 feet, orange is masked and distancing.

A lot of kids have already gone to home schooling over this, more may come tomorrow.

And parents have figured out that if they go virtual the kid is out all year, if they go home school, they can return whenever.

The word is Fight! Fight! Fight! For Iowa

FOFC 30 Dollar Challenge Champion-OOTP '15
tarcone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2021, 06:03 PM   #359
Ksyrup

Yeah I've noticed one side effect of all the mask stuff is that homeschooling is on the rise. Just what our society needs is people who think FB is where you learn things teaching their kids.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Old 08-18-2021, 07:37 PM   #360
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

I'm certain part of Abbott's cruelty here is to try and harm the public schools and drive kids towards private and charter schools.

SI

Old 08-18-2021, 08:11 PM   #361
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
Our company is scheduling and disseminating test results for several school districts around the country. A few of them are moving to daily covid testing for their entire student body and faculty.
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint

Last edited by cartman : 08-18-2021 at 08:11 PM.
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2021, 08:48 PM   #362
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by miami_fan View Post
I just got an email from the school superintendent. Face coverings will be be required but parents can opt out of this requirement. The governor previously said that schools who required masks would lose their funding. Parents of students with disabilities are suing to strike the governor‘s school mask mandate prohibition as a violation of state and federal law.

Good start to the school year once again.

Change #1- Covid related

Quote:
Confronted with rising numbers of COVID-19 cases on its campuses, the Hillsborough County School Board voted Wednesday to require that students, teachers and staff wear masks for the next 30 days, starting Thursday.

Students can opt out, but only for medical reasons.

This means the three largest school districts in the state now have approved mask mandates.

The wife has been getting texts from a couple of her students' parents saying they have contacted their child's doctor but the doctor refuses to provide a medical reason. I offered to handle the replies for her but she has declined my assistance. The reality is none of the students (low functioning autistic K-2nd graders) actually keep the mask on any way. It will ensure that the wing of the school will be isolated from the rest of the school like they were last year.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2021, 09:57 AM   #363
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartman View Post
Our company is scheduling and disseminating test results for several school districts around the country. A few of them are moving to daily covid testing for their entire student body and faculty.

Yet, where you live, it's the honor system with no masks

SI

Old 08-19-2021, 04:52 PM   #364
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

Looks like the drama in Michigan is about to heat up. CME Khaldun has recommended a mask mandate at the state level but Whitmer isn't moving in that direction and wants it to be handled at the school district level, which might well be a better approach. Most of them haven't so far, but I don't see that lasting much past Labor Day.
Old 08-19-2021, 07:03 PM   #365
tarcone
Coordinator

Hooooly shit. Our district went green. Masks optional. That decision shocked the entire Admin of our district from supt. down. And, honestly, the entire community.

It was an interesting and controversial board meeting.

Old 08-20-2021, 06:09 PM   #366
Izulde
Head Coach

Here, it just came down where I'll be this year that masks will be strongly recommended. Honestly, given the politics, it's the best outcome I reasonably hoped for. I know I'll be masking - got a bunch of five-packs at 20 cents each at a gas station next to the crack den I'm in.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2021, 08:12 PM   #367
miami_fan
Coordinator

It is apropos of nothing but today the vaccination site that my son got vaccinated at was packed with kids getting the vaccine. I would say at least 20 kids were there today compared to 4-5 kids who were there for either of the days my son went for his doses.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2021, 08:34 PM   #368
Glengoyne
Grizzled Veteran

A friend had her 7 year old come home from school with a fever. He tested positive, and then a day later her vaccinated husband came down with a fever and also tested positive. That was about a week ago. The husband was pretty much in bed for a week, even with the vaccine, but both have now mostly recovered. My friend says her vaccine must have been working overtime to keep her Covid free to date.
Glengoyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2021, 12:48 PM   #369
tarcone
Coordinator

The district next to us has already lost their entire football team to quarantine.

Im having a hard time understanding why this country was shut down and paranoid last year and now it just doesnt matter.

Old 08-21-2021, 12:51 PM   #370
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

Partly lockdown fatigue and partly enough vaccine coverage that the worst-case scenarios aren't nearly as bad as they were a year ago.
Old 08-21-2021, 01:24 PM   #371
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

And partly because a good chunk of people hadn't gotten their talking points from the golden haired calf idol or their favorite TV program, telling them that it was just the flu and to go fight to open things up because if you don't, I'm going to lose the 2020 election.

SI

Old 08-21-2021, 01:58 PM   #372
Flasch186
Coordinator

More bs from BS

The worst case scenario’s are happening right now

They’re just being ignored and spun because freedom is under threat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Old 08-21-2021, 03:03 PM   #373
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Im having a hard time understanding why this country was shut down and paranoid last year and now it just doesnt matter.

It does matter still but it doesn't matter as much.

Quote:
Partly lockdown fatigue and partly enough vaccine coverage that the worst-case scenarios aren't nearly as bad as they were a year ago.
I agree in part. I'd toss in also it doesn't matter as much now because everyone that wants a vaccine can get one (except < 12 and some other for medical reasons).

I'm safe/much safer now vs last year.
Edward64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2021, 03:49 PM   #374
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash186
More bs from BS

The worst case scenario’s are happening right now

This is yet another statement that is simply provably false. We never reached the worst-case scenario last year partly due to various restrictions, but having said that, peak daily deaths were 4.5k in January. We are at just over 1k now, a quarter of that, and also lower than we were at the same time last year. We are not remotely in the ballpark of worst-case scenario.

Rather self-evidently, the worst-case scenario would to include nobody has a vaccine. Over half the country has two doses and roughly 70% has had one, so we are quantam leaps better than worst-case on that alone.

Last edited by Brian Swartz : 08-21-2021 at 03:50 PM.
Old 08-21-2021, 03:56 PM   #375
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
This is yet another statement that is simply provably false. We never reached the worst-case scenario last year partly due to various restrictions, but having said that, peak daily deaths were 4.5k in January. We are at just over 1k now, a quarter of that, and also lower than we were at the same time last year. We are not remotely in the ballpark of worst-case scenario.

I would say considering we have an extremely effective way to combat the virus, two if you count masks, and we are still at 1K deaths a day because a large portion of the population are dopes who refuse to listen to science while allowing themselves to be manipulated by politicians who are certainly smart enough to know better would indicate worst case scenario.

I await your word salad response.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2021, 04:07 PM   #376
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

Worst-case has a meaning. Over two-thirds of the country isn't refusing the vaccine. I've repeatedly shown data on why and what you are blaming is only part of that picture.

True or false: any of the following sets of circumstances would be worse than the current situation:

** Not having a vaccine
** Having a vaccine but nobody taking it
** No mitigation measures implemented regardless of outbreak severity, uniformly across the globe

Obviously none of that is my goal, but words mean things. There's no point in having a phrase like worst-case if we aren't going to actually mean that when we say it *boggle*
Old 08-21-2021, 04:19 PM   #377
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Your examples are pointless because we do have those things. You aren't factoring in current environment.
Old 08-21-2021, 04:23 PM   #378
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
I would say considering we have an extremely effective way to combat the virus, two if you count masks, and we are still at 1K deaths a day because a large portion of the population are dopes who refuse to listen to science while allowing themselves to be manipulated by politicians who are certainly smart enough to know better would indicate worst case scenario.

I await your word salad response.

Compared to last year and earlier this year, we are definitely not in worst case now. But maybe its the definition of "worst case".
Old 08-21-2021, 04:24 PM   #379
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

In that case we shouldn't be talking about how many people are dying or not taking the vaccine at all. Those are also part of the current environment.

The whole point of discussing scenarios is that they are situations in which there is divergence from the current environment. If we're locked into the way things are, then there's no such thing as a best-case, middle-ground, worst-case, or any other kind of scenario. There is simply the way things are.
Old 08-21-2021, 04:25 PM   #380
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
Your examples are pointless because we do have those things. You aren't factoring in current environment.

Okay. I agree we are in worst case now if we are factoring the current environment (e.g. let's say since Jul 1).
Old 08-21-2021, 04:50 PM   #381
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
In that case we shouldn't be talking about how many people are dying or not taking the vaccine at all. Those are also part of the current environment.

The whole point of discussing scenarios is that they are situations in which there is divergence from the current environment. If we're locked into the way things are, then there's no such thing as a best-case, middle-ground, worst-case, or any other kind of scenario. There is simply the way things are.

There you go again talking about an imaginary world instead of the world we actually live in.

IDGAF about scenarios, I care about the actual idiots out there who deny science and are going to keep us in this holding pattern indefinitely.

We have people taking medication to combat parasites in livestock instead of the covid vaccine, but right, not worst case scenario
Old 08-23-2021, 01:12 PM   #382
JeeberD
General Manager

Good old Texas...

My kid's school district is saying that they won't violate Abbot's anti-mandate. Maybe 15-20% of kids in their schools are wearing masks.

I've seen maybe one or two teachers in both schools wearing masks.

The district is telling parents that if the parents (or other family members) test positive for COVID, it's A-OK to send the kids to school.

The district is telling parents that if their kid came into close contact with a confirmed positive case at school, then can quarantine for up to 5 days if they want to, but they don't really have to.

The district report a whopping 24 positive cases the first 1.5 weeks of school, and 276 cases for last week. The middle school and elementary school my kids attend reported ZERO cases. Yeah...I call bullshit.

My wife and I have resigned to the fact that it's a matter of when, not if, the kids get COVID. Especially with the <12 vaccines getting pushed back toward the end of the year. It's awful. We can put them in masks, and have requested a desk shield for our daughter, but that's about all we can do because there's no virtual option offered this year either. We both work, so we can't do home school, and even if virtual was offered...the kids did virtual for 75% of the year last year and it was extremely tough on them. Either risk physical illness or mental illness. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

I wish everyone would just mask up. I'm not asking for vaccine mandates, though I would support one. Just have the kids and teachers wear a damn mask to keep everyone safe as possible.

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2021, 02:36 PM   #383
PilotMan
Head Coach

If you stop tracking it, stop talking about it, and stop changing behavior for it, it magically goes away. Didn't anyone cover that in school?

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2021, 03:09 PM   #384
JPhillips
General Manager

Between me at the college and my daughter in high school, I'm pretty convinced one of us is going to get delta. We'll be fine, as we're all vaccinated, but with no vaccine mandate at the high school and ours at the college having ample loopholes, there will be plenty of opportunity.
Old 08-23-2021, 04:13 PM   #385
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeeberD View Post
Good old Texas...

My kid's school district is saying that they won't violate Abbot's anti-mandate. Maybe 15-20% of kids in their schools are wearing masks.

I've seen maybe one or two teachers in both schools wearing masks.

The district is telling parents that if the parents (or other family members) test positive for COVID, it's A-OK to send the kids to school.

The district is telling parents that if their kid came into close contact with a confirmed positive case at school, then can quarantine for up to 5 days if they want to, but they don't really have to.

The district report a whopping 24 positive cases the first 1.5 weeks of school, and 276 cases for last week. The middle school and elementary school my kids attend reported ZERO cases. Yeah...I call bullshit.

My wife and I have resigned to the fact that it's a matter of when, not if, the kids get COVID. Especially with the <12 vaccines getting pushed back toward the end of the year. It's awful. We can put them in masks, and have requested a desk shield for our daughter, but that's about all we can do because there's no virtual option offered this year either. We both work, so we can't do home school, and even if virtual was offered...the kids did virtual for 75% of the year last year and it was extremely tough on them. Either risk physical illness or mental illness. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

I wish everyone would just mask up. I'm not asking for vaccine mandates, though I would support one. Just have the kids and teachers wear a damn mask to keep everyone safe as possible.

Solidarity. Texas is one big poop show. And they're doing all the stuff politically to be able to play both ends against the middle next year in the elections. For instance, the Supreme Court supported one of Abbott's cases and then went against him in another so it's just confusing. TEA said they won't enforce action against mask mandates but only due to pending litigation so it's just in limbo.

Our district is the same as yours because our county won't back them going against the governor. So we're "fortunate" enough to be homeschooling another couple of months (God willing) as we're both still work at home (thank God for my employer). At least our son will be one less person in the local schools who can get someone else sick but it's also pulling funding when we'd rather be supporting the public schools.

SI

Old 08-23-2021, 04:18 PM   #386
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

My 10 yo started 5th grade today. They aren't f-ing around. Mandatory masking. Kids can't get up from desk for any reason. Lunch at desk instead of cafeteria. Recess in one corner of the yard with only your class.

It SUCKS in terms of fun. But they do seem to care about the kids not getting COVID-19. So that's a win. Hopefully, more folks will vax and mask and Delta will get under control so they can loosen restrictions.
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2021, 04:20 PM   #387
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhillips View Post
Between me at the college and my daughter in high school, I'm pretty convinced one of us is going to get delta. We'll be fine, as we're all vaccinated, but with no vaccine mandate at the high school and ours at the college having ample loopholes, there will be plenty of opportunity.
I am shocked I haven't caught it in all this time. I never stopped working and am constantly in the public. Hardly anyone wearing masks, not to mention being in peoples houses on a regular basis.
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2021, 12:37 PM   #388
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I live in a very red town and we have a very vocal minority of anti maskers here. They even started a facebook group called unmask our kids, which as you can imagine has turned less about masking kids and more about other OAN talking points such as CRT and trans sports.

My neighbor happens to be a retired cop who is the security guard at my kids school. There was a BOE meeting last night and he was working it. I was chatting with him before he went and I said to him, "bring your gun, these people are nuts." He told me he does, and that he had to shut one down a couple months ago.

So all these parents are showing up for the meeting to voice their displeasure at kids having to wear masks. Upon the start of the meeting they are told because it is in a school, they have to wear masks. Of course uproar ensues and they go nuts. The board refuses to hold the meeting until they comply and they walk out. The superintendent was also there with her personal attorney. At one point a guy stands up and tells everyone they should keep it about the kids and just wear the masks, he is of course shot down.

So about 20 minutes later board comes back, police are now there, and say they are cancelling the meeting and rescheduling for next week, with the mask mandate still in place. Again insanity ensues with people yelling "cowards" etc..

Here is the thing I don't get. The BOE has already sent a letter to the governor asking he rescinds the mask mandate, so they are actually on the side of these people yelling at them and protesting. What have they actually accomplished? What do they want the BOE to do? Short of openly defying the mandate, which won't and shouldn't happen, there isn't much. These people just need something to be angry about all the time.
Old 08-25-2021, 12:58 PM   #389
Ksyrup

My daughter is student teaching for her final semester and is not feeling well today. She's been in an elementary school for all of a week and a half. She's going to try to get tested tonight but she can't find any place with an opening so I suggested she try to find a kit she can purchase and self-test until she can get a test done.

This is exactly how she got Covid last fall - student teaching. And she got her second shot in early July so she should be about as protected as possible.
Old 08-25-2021, 01:05 PM   #390
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Walgreens, etc. sell kits.
Old 08-25-2021, 01:36 PM   #391
Arles
Grey Dog Software

My wife is the president of the PTO for our elementary school. Due to the governor's attempt at banning masks in school (isn't fully in effect until later Sept), our school is highly recommending masks (but also allowing parents to opt out).

She was discussing with a fair minded parent who leans right the issue of wearing masks. The parent didn't really want their kid to wear a mask, but knows cases are going up. So my wife had this gem "So, would you be willing for your kid to wear a mask if it meant a major drop in cases and a higher chance of not going back to remote learning?"
The parent said "Yeah, I guess. But we just don't know that will be the case".
She replied "Actually we do. The school mandated masks for all kids and teachers from March through May last spring and never had an outbreak of cases. This despite very few parents (and none of the kids) being vaccinated".

Boom - mike drop on that one ...
Old 08-25-2021, 01:58 PM   #392
molson
General Manager

I saw that a local school district is requiring masks, but parents can opt-out.

I'm not sure how that's different than not requiring masks.

Edit: Maybe they think that will help them with liability issues later, or even public criticism if kids die.

Last edited by molson : 08-25-2021 at 02:05 PM.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2021, 09:40 PM   #393
JeeberD
General Manager

A *little* bit of progress here...the school district said that they'll start *recommending* that teachers and students wear masks, desk shields are apparently going back up for K-6, and K-6 students who have a lab-confirmed positive family member are now required to quarantine.

Baby steps...hopefully more progress will come.

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2021, 06:54 AM   #394
tarcone
Coordinator

The Missouri state AG is suing the Columbia school district over their mask mandate. Here is an article related to it, just a fact check by the news agency after some claims Scmitt made.

Schmitt claims masks don't stop COVID. Scientists disagree. | ksdk.com

Old 08-26-2021, 09:19 AM   #395
Ghost Econ
College Prospect

Nothing says Nazis like implementing measures to keep children from dying.

I love living in SC.
Ghost Econ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2021, 09:28 AM   #396
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

I get whiplash going from "The FDA & CDC are so incompetent that we can't trust them" to "The FDA/CDC are so competent that they are running a shadow government behind the scenes and no one has figured it out except for me and FreedomEagle420 on Facebook"

I get that it is kettle logic. But that does not mean I have to like it.
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2021, 10:06 AM   #397
Ksyrup

Is that Velma or Daphne?
Old 08-26-2021, 12:16 PM   #398
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost Econ View Post

I love living in SC.

What an idiot.
Old 08-26-2021, 02:10 PM   #399
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Quote:
Originally Posted by albionmoonlight View Post
I get whiplash going from "The FDA & CDC are so incompetent that we can't trust them" to "The FDA/CDC are so competent that they are running a shadow government behind the scenes and no one has figured it out except for me and FreedomEagle420 on Facebook"

I get that it is kettle logic. But that does not mean I have to like it.
That "green zone" thing has been around for 20+ years, and predated Covid. I had my Aunt going off on "green zones" decades ago. Then, it was a plan to remove people from rural areas and force them into cities. What they were actually using for this theory then was flood maps.
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2021, 02:19 PM   #400
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost Econ View Post
A woman reveals to the Greenville, SC School Board tonight that she has uncovered a plot by the CDC to shut down schools and turn them into Nazi-style concentration camps, where children will be taken away from their parents, and couples separated from each other. pic.twitter.com/AZjEY70GGv
— Ron Filipkowski (@RonFilipkowski) August 25, 2021

I love living in SC.

I would bet dollars to donuts, that she also blames immigrants for taking jobs and is ok with ICE or border patrol ripping away kids from their parents if they're brown and "illegal".

I've often heard flavors of "you accuse people of that which you're engaged in" and thought that was utter bs. Like, no, I can see you're a greedy sociopath without having to be one myself. It's the same level of silly like when a ballplayer says "you can't understand (and don't have a right to comment) because you didn't play the game". Look, I could tell Yuniesky Betancourt sucks against MLB-level competition even if I never got above high school myself. I have eyes, I can compare data. There are ways to look at other people and other situations and know that without being one themselves. It's not like we only hire murderers to investigate murders on the police force (dark jokes aside).

But I swear, there's such a lack of creativity in these folks that I think they really do go by this rule: accuse people what you yourself are doing or are ok with. I mean how many times did we see Trump ludicrously accuse someone of something they clearly weren't doing to rally his mob and we'd start the egg timer on when we'd see Donny being investigated for doing just that. There's just like a total lack of imagination, creativity, or even simple observation skills. Like you know she just found this on some stupid thread online and ran with it because "I'm secretly ok with it so they must secretly be ok with it". At most, the folks pushing it online are playing some 3D chess of "even if this doesn't stick, acknowledging it opens up another line of attack about how Biden still having camps open at the border". But that's probably giving them way too much credit.

SI