Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

View Poll Results: If Trump Loses In November, What Do You Think Happens Next
Normal transition of power. He meets with Biden, stays until 1/20, comes to inauguration, etc. 5 5.56%
He doesn't fight the result, but resigns prior to the inauguration. 2 2.22%
He fights the result but gives up shortly before the inauguration (let's define "shortly" as "some time after the EC meets on 12/14") 30 33.33%
He fights the result all the way to January 20th. Has to be physically removed. 12 13.33%
He fights the result for a short time, but gives up and resigns before the inauguration 6 6.67%
He fights the result for a short time, but gives up an then we have a normal transition as per option 1. 30 33.33%
Other. (You know you gotta specify this one.) 5 5.56%
Voters: 90. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-15-2021, 01:28 PM   #3801
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Swartz View Post
Sure, I don't have any opposition to the people's representatives determining punishments, I think that's appropriate. What I'm against is long-term prison sentences being among the punishments 'menu'.

At what point is a long-term prison sentence appropriate to you? For me, it is appropriate for those that are a danger to others and/or society. The type of folks that have the judgment and ability to post threats online (like, “thinking about heading over to Pelosi (expletive)’s speech and putting a bullet in her noggin on Live TV"), make public threats (such as chanting "hang Mike Pence!"), and then proceed to disregard law enforcement when entering the workplace of those that are threatened would qualify. If they are not getting long-term sentences, we live in a country that values the liberty of terrorists more than that of society or victims.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2021, 01:57 PM   #3802
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

The number of people making a big deal about Newsom's win as potentially translating nationally to 2022 and beyond is ridiculous. It's freaking California!
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2021, 02:37 PM   #3803
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyHere View Post
So if we eliminate the prison system, then what should we do with the people convicted in participating in the 1/6 riots?

Only a handful of those people are going to sniff a prison cell.

You'll always need prison for the worst of the worst. But there is a good case to be made that it should be dramatically reduced. Technology allows for home confinement of non-violent offenders and rehab is a much better use of resources than prison for drug offenders.

The problem we have is that our justice system is incredibly tough on certain demographics and allows for essential lawlessness for others.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2021, 02:51 PM   #3804
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

As long as you have for profit prisons you will need a steady stream of revenue.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2021, 03:19 PM   #3805
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

The Lincoln Project on Twitter: "Says it all.

CA recall results vs COVID heat map.… "
Old 09-15-2021, 04:12 PM   #3806
Flasch186
Coordinator

Long term is in the eye of the beholder

Treason should get a very long term

Kinda like they proposed for blm protestors

Same? Same

🥨

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Putting a New Spin on Real Estate!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Flasch186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2021, 08:52 PM   #3807
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

Treason? That's probably a great point for me to tick off likely everyone on the board by mentioning that I'm quite sympathetic with traitors in general as I hold no allegiance for the US or any other country and would be ashamed of myself if I did. Gratitude for being born here and the blessings I've had as a result, yes, but I don't elevate Americans above other people on the planet in terms of importance/value.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyHere
what specifically should happen to someone like Sirhan Sirhan (RFK's killer who has just been recommended for parole)?

I definitely don't know the right answer for every situation. But the question I have is, what benefit has been gained by someone being in jail for 53 years? We've lost money as a society sustaining that situation. The people have continued to pay for Sirhan's actions. I just say there has to be a better answer than that.

I think there's a place for limited application of the death penalty, with a higher bar of proof than for normal crimes, extreme offenses such as serial killers, etc. Some institutionalization is necessary for the criminal insane, as dangerous as that precedent is, since some individuals simply aren't going to be capable of functioning in society.

As I understand the history, we basically started using prisons more and more as a way to reduce capital offences (simplistic, but also I think accurate). I just don't think it's much of an improvement. Locking someone up and throwing away the key is not significantly more humane than killing them IMO. For related reasons I think all zoos etc. should be outlawed. It's just cruel.

Justice matters, but I think we should try to satisfy it in ways that mandate offenders actually pay a debt to society. Being locked up, made hopeless, and unable to support themselves so that the taxpayers are forced to do it, does not accomplish this. It doesn't strike me as something that is just at all.
Brian Swartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2021, 10:11 PM   #3808
Flasch186
Coordinator

I actually agree with some of that

I’d say the people that tried to invade the capital with enough support and groupthink that had they actually gotten their hands on a member of Congress I fear what they would’ve actually done of their own accord or at the cheering of the mob were committing treason. I believe that had this been done by members of the left the right would’ve argued for treason and I find it laughable how they twisted themselves into pretzels to submit to Trumps defense of the mobs behavior or complete bizarro interpretation of what happened that day.

Yes treason

So even though you say you applaud the treasonous you agree that what they did (those that entered the capital or committed violence along the way [I’ll defer to the investigators and the tapes]) was treasonous?

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Old 09-15-2021, 10:26 PM   #3809
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

I applaud the idea of not having allegiance to any nation-state ... I would still be against many treasonous actions. As for January 6 crowd, I think they're definitely getting off far too lightly. I would call it insurrection, but probably not treason. As I've said in the past, I don't consider it to be nearly as surprising or new of an event as others seem to. We have decades of building to this, and I don't tend to distribute the blame in the same way most on this board do either, but I'm a lot more concerned about how we go forward than we got here.
Old 09-16-2021, 06:38 AM   #3810
Thomkal
Head Coach

Not sure if we discussed this here or not, but I'd like to see many of those charged for Jan 6 lose the right to vote in federal elections. Most were there because they believed Donald Trump's election fraud calls and probably many still believe him and will follow him to the ends of the Earth.
Old 09-18-2021, 02:33 PM   #3811
Thomkal
Head Coach

So just yesterday Trump sent a letter to Georgia's Sec of State that claims they found something like 43,000 votes there that violated some Chain of Custody rules, making them invalid, which would then give the state to Trump and they should start the process to decertify the election results there.
Old 09-18-2021, 02:41 PM   #3812
Thomkal
Head Coach

Meanwhile there were about 500 people at the J6 Rally today and outnumbered by media and police.
Old 09-18-2021, 05:41 PM   #3813
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
So just yesterday Trump sent a letter to Georgia's Sec of State that claims they found something like 43,000 votes there that violated some Chain of Custody rules, making them invalid, which would then give the state to Trump and they should start the process to decertify the election results there.
To which the SOS responded "New phone, who dis?"
GrantDawg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2021, 06:05 PM   #3814
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Quote:

A coup attempt (however pathetic) is still happening.

Every single sitting member of Congress (GOP and Dem) should be asked whether they agree with Donald Trump that states should decertify the 2020 election.

It would be nice to know where they stand.
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2021, 12:30 PM   #3815
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by albionmoonlight View Post
A coup attempt (however pathetic) is still happening.

Every single sitting member of Congress (GOP and Dem) should be asked whether they agree with Donald Trump that states should decertify the 2020 election.

It would be nice to know where they stand.

They literally voted on this on January 6th. Asking new members is fine, but we have a vote on which ones did not want to certify the election and wanted a dictator for life.
Old 09-20-2021, 12:30 PM   #3816
RainMaker
General Manager

The domains of the guy who setup the terrorist attack on 1/6 were revealed.

How Ali Alexander Tried To Hide His Digital Footprint Following Capitol Riot
Old 09-20-2021, 08:25 PM   #3817
JPhillips
General Manager

One of Trump's lawyer's plan for Jan 6 was released through an FOIA request. The plan to steal the eleection was real.
Old 09-20-2021, 08:58 PM   #3818
Thomkal
Head Coach

Laurence Tribe, mentioned several times in that responded:

Laurence Tribe

@tribelaw

·

This Eastman memo pretends to be based on my analysis but in fact takes snippets of my work wholly out of context and spins a totally fake web of “law” that no halfway decent lawyer would take seriously. No wonder it couldn’t fool even Mike Pence.
Old 09-21-2021, 01:06 AM   #3819
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

So, reading the Woodward and Costa book. I do have to say my respect for Biden so far has gone up, not down.

The intervention with Hunter hurts. Badly. I've had several uncles who are alcoholics, and reading the details of the intervention, makes me wonder how he got through that. I feel simultaneously bad for Hunter, and angry at Hunter for wrecking his family further after the death of Beau, (agreeing to take an Uber to an intervention facility, then after getting there, saying "Nah, nevermind" and going on an immediate binge..), but I can't imagine the hell everyone went through. The fact that Biden could have easily said "You've put yourself on a branch, and you seem insistent on sawing it off behind you, I love you, but I can't try to save you anymore" and didn't is a plus in my eyes.
Old 09-21-2021, 02:50 PM   #3820
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Old 09-21-2021, 03:04 PM   #3821
Sweed
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post

You don't need ear or eye protection. For Christ's sake that would be like thinking you need a vaccine for Covid-19.
Sweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2021, 10:05 PM   #3822
Thomkal
Head Coach

I know this is shocking but a copy of the CyberNinja audit of Arizona was leaked...and Biden still won the state. In fact Trump lost 261 votes and Biden won 99 more votes for a total of 360 votes. Massive fraud indeed.

The Arizona Senate meets tomorrow to no doubt still claim Trump won
Old 09-24-2021, 05:32 AM   #3823
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Quote:
I know this is shocking but a copy of the CyberNinja audit of Arizona was leaked...and Biden still won the state. In fact Trump lost 261 votes and Biden won 99 more votes for a total of 360 votes. Massive fraud indeed.

I am sure that they are going to say something like "we still believe many of these votes aren't valid. We weren't allowed access to X, so we weren't allowed to prove the fraud. We must immediately end all elections and declare Trump dictator for life..." or something like that.
GrantDawg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2021, 06:12 AM   #3824
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I can already hear the Fox news spin " for months the dems attacked the creditability of the audit but now that it goes their way they want to claim victory"
Old 09-24-2021, 07:33 AM   #3825
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

My guess is that when they realized that a pro-Trump result would have no credibility, they decided to make it pro-Biden to lay the groundwork for 2022 and 2024: "See, unsupervised audits by GOP partisans are totally legit. Look at Arizona in 2020."
Old 09-24-2021, 08:37 AM   #3826
JPhillips
General Manager

I wonder how much of these audits are about gathering info they couldn't otherwise get. There's a lot of data being given to third parties in the course of these.
Old 09-24-2021, 09:34 AM   #3827
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

I'm shocked that is group appears to have some integrity.
Old 09-24-2021, 09:38 AM   #3828
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Quote:

I don't think they do. They are trying to build credibility going forward.
Old 09-24-2021, 09:45 AM   #3829
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Or they don’t want the scrutiny of a congressional hearing.
Old 09-24-2021, 10:02 AM   #3830
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

Not everything needs to be some grand conspiracy or master plan. It's good that they concluded Biden did win, regardless of why.
Old 09-24-2021, 10:38 AM   #3831
BYU 14
Coordinator

Sadly, there will still be a spin and there will still be a large portion of the right these results don't faze in their belief the election was stolen.
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2021, 11:32 AM   #3832
Flasch186
Coordinator

Yes yes cyber ninjas has been completely above board in the words they’ve actually said, you know the words coming out of their mouth, along with the senators funding them with taxpayer monies… it’s been completely above board the whole time. They say things the whole time that completely align with them results…

I just can’t believe this guy. It’s such pretzel action all of the time.

Smh

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Old 09-24-2021, 11:49 AM   #3833
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Not everything needs to be some grand conspiracy or master plan. It's good that they concluded Biden did win, regardless of why.

This is an absurd statement given what we know.
Old 09-24-2021, 11:58 AM   #3834
Flasch186
Coordinator

If Trump Loses In November, What Do You Think Happens Next

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL

Last edited by Flasch186 : 09-24-2021 at 11:58 AM.
Old 09-24-2021, 12:40 PM   #3835
JPhillips
General Manager

Horseshit attempt to nullify the election is still horseshit.
Old 09-24-2021, 01:11 PM   #3836
thesloppy
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
This is an absurd statement given what we know.

Seconded.
Last edited by thesloppy : Today at 05:35 PM.
thesloppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2021, 01:37 PM   #3837
miked
College Starter

Quote:

Yes, it is very good that they stole Arizona money, used their false pretenses to raise other money, stole personal data and toted it to the mountains, exposed people's private data, and had no oversight...just to come to the same conclusion that the two other formal recounts and audits did. So good.
Old 09-24-2021, 01:38 PM   #3838
RainMaker
General Manager

Someone has to stan for the fascists and grifters though.
Old 09-24-2021, 01:39 PM   #3839
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:

It was either that or go to jail for election fraud/tampering with ballots. For their little ploy to work Trump or a Republican would have to become President to pardon them all.
Old 09-24-2021, 01:51 PM   #3840
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
It was either that or go to jail for election fraud/tampering with ballots. For their little ploy to work Trump or a Republican would have to become President to pardon them all.

They were never going to get in trouble for tampering or fraud. Laws don't really apply to people like that.

It likely just sets this up as a norm where authoritarians can now "audit" the results in counties that didn't go their way and flip "elections".
Old 09-24-2021, 06:44 PM   #3841
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by miked
Yes, it is very good that they stole Arizona money, used their false pretenses to raise other money, stole personal data and toted it to the mountains, exposed people's private data, and had no oversight...just to come to the same conclusion that the two other formal recounts and audits did. So good.

I see the grand tradition of putting words in my mouth hasn't gone out of style. I didn't say any of that was good.

I said it was good that they came to a conclusion which backed up the results of the election. That's it, and that's all.
Old 09-24-2021, 07:00 PM   #3842
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:

Quote:
I see the grand tradition of putting words in my mouth hasn't gone out of style. I didn't say any of that was good.

I said it was good that they came to a conclusion which backed up the results of the election. That's it, and that's all.

I'll leave this right here

Last edited by Lathum : 09-24-2021 at 07:00 PM.
Old 09-24-2021, 07:10 PM   #3843
Ksyrup

This is so on brand.

https://abc7.com/glendale-unified-pr...hool/11044438/
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Old 09-27-2021, 07:49 PM   #3844
PilotMan
Head Coach

No discussions about the rump administration's discussions and plans to assassinate Julian Assange? That's some pretty big Putin-y shit there. The extent and ferocity of the discussions went far beyond, should we.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2021, 06:01 PM   #3845
spleen1015
Coordinator

King Toadstool should get #DogtheBountyHunter to find his missing votes.
Old 09-30-2021, 12:52 PM   #3846
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Looks like gold medalist Klete Keller was not real bright. Looking at 21-27 months in prison, theoretically. He pled guilty to the one charge so he wasn't charged with 6 others.

Two-time Olympic gold medalist swimmer Klete Keller charged with felony for role in January 6 Capitol attack - CBSSports.com

Quote:
Prosecutors claimed Keller wore a Team USA jacket during the riot, stayed in the Capitol for an hour and yelled expletives about Democratic party congressional leaders Nancy Pelosi and Chuck Schumer. Those actions amounted to obstructing an official proceeding charge, one that has a recommended sentence of 21 to 27 months in prison. U.S. district judge of the District of Columbia Richard Leon, who presided over Keller's case and will later sentence him, is not limited to that range.

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2021, 01:12 PM   #3847
RainMaker
General Manager

Theoretically doing a lot of work there. Keller will get probation.
Old 09-30-2021, 01:53 PM   #3848
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Yeah, just like all of these dolts. There's just been no appetite to prosecute these criminals. I wonder why not... (insert Family Guy skin color gif)

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

Last edited by sterlingice : 09-30-2021 at 01:54 PM.
sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2021, 02:05 PM   #3849
Ksyrup

Quote:
Originally Posted by spleen1015 View Post
King Toadstool should get #DogtheBountyHunter to find his missing votes.

I had forgotten that dude existed until this whole Gabbie Petito thing. Dude is supergluing himself to that case to reclaim his 15 minutes.
Old 10-03-2021, 04:13 PM   #3850
Atocep
Coordinator

Is there anything that sums up the MAGA crowd better than raising $2 million for the jailed marine officer that criticized Biden's handling of Afghanistan before they realized he's anti-Trump and said he'd rather sit in jail than accept money raised by Trump supporters?
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote