Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 08-27-2018, 03:31 PM   #951
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyHere View Post
Who's minimizing? I'm just stating my belief. Mentally healthy people do not go on murder/suicide rampages.

You do know the crime rate in America has been on a downward trend for almost the last 40 years right?

So anyone, who commits any violent crime, should be labeled as mentally ill? Then what?

It's more about where we stand in regard to gun violence and the rest of the world. Not necessarily about where it stands right now.

U.S. Has 31st Highest Rate Of Gun Violence In The World : Goats and Soda : NPR

Quote:
The IHME also estimates what it would expect a country's rate of gun violence deaths to be based solely on its socioeconomic status. By that measure, the U.S. should only be seeing .79 deaths per 100,000 people — almost five times less than its actual rate of 3.85 deaths per 100,000.

We should be aiming for a better number and rating than we have here. Instead we're going, "well, at least we're better than Guatemala and Iraq, so that means we're all good to go." There's really no good reason why our number is that far out of whack from other countries of the same socioeconomic standing. Shouldn't the goal to be better? Not simply, better than Iraq?

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

Last edited by PilotMan : 08-27-2018 at 03:45 PM.
PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2018, 03:42 PM   #952
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotMan View Post
So anyone, who commits any violent crime, should be labeled as mentally ill? Then what?

That's not even close to what I said.
Old 08-27-2018, 03:58 PM   #953
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Divorce filings from the parents of the 24-year-old say that as a teenager he was twice hospitalized in psychiatric facilities and that he was prescribed anti-psychotic and anti-depressant medications.

The records show Katz's parents disagreed deeply on how to care for their troubled son. Katz's father claimed his estranged wife was exaggerating symptoms of mental illness as part of the couple's long-running and acrimonious custody battle. They divorced in 2007.

Yet he had access to a gun. Thoughts and prayers, nothing to see here, build that wall!!!

Good job on the dad also. So many people don't get mental health assistance as a child because the parents are in denial. My cousin is in this situation with her 16 year old who I swear to god is going to kill someone, someday.

Last edited by Lathum : 08-27-2018 at 03:58 PM.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2018, 04:15 PM   #954
digamma
Torchbearer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
Yet he had access to a gun.

Bingo.
digamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2018, 04:50 PM   #955
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyHere View Post
You do know the crime rate in America has been on a downward trend for almost the last 40 years right?

Shhhh.

You're gonna blow the phony narrative with facts like that.
Old 08-27-2018, 04:57 PM   #956
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
Shhhh.

Hey, you're party is the one with the Alternative facts.

Like Steam?

Old 08-27-2018, 05:06 PM   #957
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
Yet he had access to a gun. Thoughts and prayers, nothing to see here, build that wall!!!

Good job on the dad also. So many people don't get mental health assistance as a child because the parents are in denial. My cousin is in this situation with her 16 year old who I swear to god is going to kill someone, someday.

So much for that it's not mental illness thing.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2018, 05:10 PM   #958
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoobz0202 View Post
Not Logal Paul level, but Ninja makes at least $500K a MONTH streaming Fortnite.

Wrong, he makes over 850k in just subs to his twitch channel each month. This is not including tournament prize money, sponsorships, donations to his channel, YouTube, and literally any other way he can monatize anything he does. He literally bets over 50k on if people he’s playing with can make headshots during the stream.
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2018, 05:28 PM   #959
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubb93 View Post
Wrong, he makes over 850k in just subs to his twitch channel each month.

Not to dispute the fact that Ninja is making absolute bank, but is he even over 100,000 subs right now? Each one is $4.99, so that's $500,000 spent, even if he's got a great negotiated contract he's at best making $400,000/mo in subs. Still an insane amount, and I would not be surprised if the rest of his income puts him over $1 million/month, but 850k in just subs is impossible.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2018, 05:29 PM   #960
DavidCorperial
High School Varsity

Twitch now has 3 levels of subs, a version at $5, a version at $10, and a version at $25 for each channel.
DavidCorperial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2018, 05:33 PM   #961
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidCorperial View Post
Twitch now has 3 levels of subs, a version at $5, a version at $10, and a version at $25 for each channel.

Correct, but ninja makes an overwhelming majority of his subs from $4.99 twitch prime subs.

https://twitchanalysis.top/?t=channel&q=ninja

This number is certainly low, this site only tracks subs that are shared in chat. The nice thing for "tracking" ninja is that prime subs must be shared in chat, there is no way to not do that. This site shows 384 $9.99 subs and 180'ish $24.99 subs.

For Ninja to be making $850k from subs there would need to be triple this number that were choosing not to ever share their resubs to him on their stream. For Ninja the 85,710 sub number may be 15% low, max. He bitched a bunch on twitter the last time he took a short vacation and lost a lot of subs, when he did that he pretty much confirmed the accuracy of this info.
Old 08-27-2018, 05:52 PM   #962
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Maybe his subs have dropped but I read an article about a month ago that had him pegged over 850k a month from subs.
Old 08-27-2018, 06:00 PM   #963
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:
Maybe his subs have dropped but I read an article about a month ago that had him pegged over 850k a month from subs.

hxxps://www.forbes.com/sites/insertcoin/2018/04/07/ninjas-new-fortnite-twitch-records-5-million-followers-250000-subs-875000-a-month/#421846a2478f

Sorry for the hxxp, I can't remember what sites break FOFC.

Found it. So he confirmed $3.50/sub and he did peak at 250,000 subs back in April. That was definitely temporary, I think in the last 3 months or so he's been sustaining anywhere from $300,000-$500,000/mo from subs alone, now that we have his $3.50/mo confirmed.

In June he tweeted that he took 48 hours off and lost 40,000 subscribers. I don't know if he's been streaming less since then, but I know June/July/August he's been closer to that 100k mark.
Old 08-27-2018, 06:07 PM   #964
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

wtf is twitch!

GIT R DUN!!!
claphamsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2018, 06:08 PM   #965
RainMaker
General Manager

Prime subs don't auto-renew so if you're off for awhile, those numbers can drop fast. There was also a ton of fraud going on around Prime subs and Fortnite so he may have gotten a lot of subs from compromised accounts at his peak.
RainMaker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2018, 06:12 PM   #966
Radii
Head Coach

Keeping the focus on twitch, but making it more relevant to this thread, I have a few streamer friends from Europe who are not attending TwitchCon this year in part due to the way the current political climate and how gun violence is being portrayed. I've attended the last two years, and will be going again this year. Twitch Security involves funnelling everyone in through two main entrances (or it did last year at the long beach convention center), where you have to go through a metal detector, empty your pockets and have your belongings go through a scanner similar to an airport.

The problem is that there are hundreds of other doors around the convention center. They are locked from the outside, and there is security casually posted around the area, but people are allowed to exit from all of those side doors, leaving ample opportunity for people to get in without going through the metal detectors.

Given the number of shootings in the US, the terrible user base on twitch itself, and the extremely poor security the last two years around countless exit points, yeahh, I'm going, but the thought has crossed my mind that it actually does feel like a small risk being there.

Last edited by Radii : 08-27-2018 at 06:15 PM.
Old 08-27-2018, 06:15 PM   #967
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by claphamsa View Post
wtf is twitch!

https://twitch.tv

Its a website primarily for gaming (I'm very active on twitch but in a small niche creative/music community). Individuals can broadcast themselves playing games. The Madden event where the shooting occurred was being broadcast live on twitch at the time, hence the sidetrack.
Old 08-27-2018, 07:17 PM   #968
DavidCorperial
High School Varsity

Also, don't forget about the cheer system that is in place on Twitch which can also get you a good amount more cash.
DavidCorperial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2018, 07:30 PM   #969
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidCorperial View Post
Also, don't forget about the cheer system that is in place on Twitch which can also get you a good amount more cash.

the same link above that I was using to get a ballpark subscriber count also tracks bits, and it shows $34,000 in bits in the last month. Ninja also makes his top 10 donators of the week/month public ( ninja / Streamlabs ), he seems to not have many large donators but he probably has a large number of $4.20 donations :P And of course this doesn't include sponsorships and appearance stuff that he may get paid for or fortnite tournaments if he gets paid for playing in those.

But the original comment was specifically about subscriber revenue, that's why we were talking about that. And the difference I perceived in his sub revenue has already been resolved by finding that old forbes article showing that he did at one time make as much as dubb93 suggested from only subscribers, but that he no longer does and that amount was likely a short term peak.

Last edited by Radii : 08-27-2018 at 07:30 PM.
Old 08-27-2018, 07:55 PM   #970
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

That was the article I read. Any way you look at it the money is amazing for what he does. It is also impressive how kid friendly he makes his streams. He was talking the other night while my son and I were watching that he has never said a curse word on his stream (in response to someone asking him why he never swears).
Old 08-27-2018, 08:31 PM   #971
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:
It is also impressive how kid friendly he makes his streams. He was talking the other night while my son and I were watching that he has never said a curse word on his stream (in response to someone asking him why he never swears).

This was an active change he made when he learned how young the Fortnite viewer base is overall. Whether it was an economic decision or one based on moral responsibility I'm not sure, but I applaud him for doing it no matter the reason.

hxxps://kotaku.com/top-fortnite-streamer-starts-cursing-less-and-its-caus-1825919974

Some more detail on that.
Old 08-27-2018, 09:43 PM   #972
digamma
Torchbearer

Quote:
Shhhh.

Gun homicides have been relatively flat for the last 15 years, even trending upward slightly in the last three years. The same is true for suicides, which make up the bulk of gun deaths. Homicides are down significantly from their highs in the early 90s.

Essentially we are at about 96 gun deaths a day in America, and this number has trended upwards by one or two in each of the last 3 years. Almost 2/3 of these are suicides.

We are at about 270 gun injuries a day in the US. This flips the cause--70% percent are assaults and only a small percentage are intentional self inflicted injuries.

Mass shootings, which represent a smaller percentage of gun incidents, have seen significant increases in the last few years. These are admittedly skewed by individual incident numbers.

So, it's not really a false narrative, and it becomes worse when you look at gun violence on a relative basis. You can do this a couple of different ways.

The first is versus other countries. The US continues to greatly outpace other developed nations in gun deaths. The gun homicide rate is about 25x the average for other high income nations. It is about 7-8x of the next closest high income nation.

We can also look at it versus other causes of death in the US. It is the leading cause of death for 15-19 year old males, making up about 30% of deaths in that cohort. It is the third leading cause of death for all children.

So, bottom line, we're better off than we were 30 years ago, but not any better off than we were 15 years ago.
Old 08-27-2018, 09:48 PM   #973
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Hey, you're party is the one with the Alternative facts.

And you're the one apparently blaming the gun instead of the "not mentally ill" shooter in Vegas. LOL.

The anti 2A crowd is a far greater threat to what little of value is left in this nation than every shooter in history. Period.

Like all forms of liberalism, the anti-2A crowd comes in three varieties: ignorant, mentally ill, or plain old evil.

I care less & less which fucking flavor someone is, ultimately all that matters is making sure you're stopped.
Old 08-27-2018, 09:57 PM   #974
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:
And you're the one apparently blaming the gun instead of the "not mentally ill" shooter in Vegas. LOL.

The anti 2A crowd is a far greater threat to what little of value is left in this nation than every shooter in history. Period.

Like all forms of liberalism, the anti-2A crowd comes in three varieties: ignorant, mentally ill, or plain old evil.

I care less & less which fucking flavor someone is, ultimately all that matters is making sure you're stopped.

I just want to point out that this is now mainstream thinking. This isn't Jon being someone out on the fringe like he was 10 years ago. Putin isn't the enemy. Trump isn't the enemy (even though the right could have impeached him and had Pence effectively passing legislation like crazy). There is no discussion to be had on how a shooting is a bad thing or how maybe the person shouldn't have had access to a firearm and maybe we should pass legislation that doesn't impact anyone on this board's ability to own a firearm just the way you do now... but nah, the enemy of the state is me. And digamma. And pilotman. We are dangerous fucking threats to the united states of america and the world would literally be a better place if we were dead.

This is NO LONGER FRINGE THINKING IN THIS COUNTRY. Turn on the Rush Limbaugh show. Listen to Alex Jones talking about how he'd like to murder Robert Meuller. Listen to the people that call into these shows, these shows that get millions of listeners. Hear them say "Rush, thank you, because of you I stopped listening to any other news source and I only get my news from you and Hannity"

I don't know. I stopped posting on this board for 3 months the last time there was a shooting because I can't deal with this. I'll probably disappear again for awhile after this one. Because I'm not equipped for this level of hatred, and its so very fucking mainstream. Don't write off Jon, don't roll your eyes and say "well that's our Jon that we've had around for the last decade." This is more and more the norm, and its more and more what Fox News is advocating. You and I who are sad about this? We're the enemy. Keep that in midn when you vote.

I guess see ya'll in a few more months, I can't handle this shit. I need to stop engaging.

Last edited by Radii : 08-27-2018 at 10:02 PM.
Old 08-27-2018, 10:13 PM   #975
jct32
Mascot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radii View Post
I just want to point out that this is now mainstream thinking. This isn't Jon being someone out on the fringe like he was 10 years ago. Putin isn't the enemy. Trump isn't the enemy (even though the right could have impeached him and had Pence effectively passing legislation like crazy). There is no discussion to be had on how a shooting is a bad thing or how maybe the person shouldn't have had access to a firearm and maybe we should pass legislation that doesn't impact anyone on this board's ability to own a firearm just the way you do now... but nah, the enemy of the state is me. And digamma. And pilotman. We are dangerous fucking threats to the united states of america and the world would literally be a better place if we were dead.

This is NO LONGER FRINGE THINKING IN THIS COUNTRY. Turn on the Rush Limbaugh show. Listen to Alex Jones talking about how he'd like to murder Robert Meuller. Listen to the people that call into these shows, these shows that get millions of listeners. Hear them say "Rush, thank you, because of you I stopped listening to any other news source and I only get my news from you and Hannity"

I don't know. I stopped posting on this board for 3 months the last time there was a shooting because I can't deal with this. I'll probably disappear again for awhile after this one. Because I'm not equipped for this level of hatred, and its so very fucking mainstream. Don't write off Jon, don't roll your eyes and say "well that's our Jon that we've had around for the last decade." This is more and more the norm, and its more and more what Fox News is advocating. You and I who are sad about this? We're the enemy. Keep that in midn when you vote.

I guess see ya'll in a few more months, I can't handle this shit. I need to stop engaging.

I think you are reacting too heavily to the internet. The internet is full of the fringe on both sides. These fringes are getting popular in the media. However, in my day to day life I don't see much of either fringe in the people I talk to. The media and the internet play up the fringe because that is what gets the views and consequently the money. I don't think it is bad as people make it out to be. I don't think most Republicans want Robert Mueller dead just like I don't think most Democrats want to take all our guns away. Just my view.
jct32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2018, 10:16 PM   #976
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:

You keep banging that kill em all drum. Your life is complicated enough as it is. Don't make it any harder.

Like Steam?

Old 08-27-2018, 10:31 PM   #977
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by jct32 View Post
I think you are reacting too heavily to the internet. The internet is full of the fringe on both sides. These fringes are getting popular in the media. However, in my day to day life I don't see much of either fringe in the people I talk to. The media and the internet play up the fringe because that is what gets the views and consequently the money. I don't think it is bad as people make it out to be. I don't think most Republicans want Robert Mueller dead just like I don't think most Democrats want to take all our guns away. Just my view.

To be clear, I do not think that most republicans would like to see me dead. I do think though that It is becoming mainstream that I am the enemy. Its an active line of thinking that Fox News and some of the more popular pundits associated with that portion of the media that Liberals are the enemy. I'll just go ahead and quote Quiksand from the Trump thread:

Quote:
It's patently obvious where the goalposts eventually land, right? At some point the MAGA message will simply shift to "as long as the Russians, whom we were working with of course, didn't actually go into the voting machines and change votes, then there's nothing wrong with what we did together to alter the US election." And 40% of America, and a theoretically valid Electoral College majority, will effectively agree that we have always been at war with Eastasia.

Basically this. And 40% of America is not an understatement. A good chunk of that 40% of the country has been actively conditioned over the last decade or more to believe that Liberals are worse than ISIS, worse than the Taliban, and certainly worse than innocent ol' mister putin. It doesn't matter. As long as the scary liberals lose, it doesn't matter who our nation sells its soul to. And with Russian influence and Russian money heavily invested in the NRA, this isn't even a fucking threadjack or sidetrack. Our nation is fucked. Exactly how badly our nation is fucked becomes more and more apparent every time there is a mass shooting. Every time children die in a school in a hail of bullets. Every time someone mentally ill has easy access to a firearm and uses it. Every time these things happen, this board devolves into what we're seeing right now. And many of us have known each other for 20 years. Many of us are reasonable people in almost every walk of life. But a bunch of children die in a shooting. A bunch of innocent people diet in a shooting, and it takes us 24 hours to devolve into ... well just read the history of this thread. Read how quick people are to argue, effectively, "yes a bunch of children died, BUT..." without even realizing it. And ask yourself how our nation recovers from the god awful place we've allowed ourselves to be led to.

Last edited by Radii : 08-27-2018 at 10:36 PM.
Old 08-28-2018, 06:44 AM   #978
Butter
Coordinator

I was just thinking which is worse, a political argument or 20 posts about monetization of Twitch streams. It's a hard conclusion to make, but at the end "political argument" wins by a nose. A small nose.
Old 08-28-2018, 06:56 AM   #979
Butter
Coordinator

Quote:

Yet the "not mentally ill" shooter in Vegas led to an actual reform, banning of "bump stocks." LOFL. I guess maybe it was something to do with guns there, eh?

You know what is funny is that if we pointed those nukes at Russia instead of the Middle East as you would like, we would actually do away with about 50% of your most ardent supporters, who exist to foment mindsets like yours who see anybody who is the "other" as your mortal enemy.

Bad news for you is there is and will always be more of us.
Old 08-28-2018, 09:09 AM   #980
Marc Vaughan
SI Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radii View Post

I think it is still very much 'fringe' thinking - the problem is that fringe is fairly large and vociferous ... they're also older people in the main and far more likely to vote than some other demographics.

This being so also makes more rational minded individuals on the right less likely to speak up because they know doing so leaves them a target and reduces the votes from their own party.

I see the Republican party as currently being in a 'bad relationship' with their own fringe - they know its damaging to them and the more moderate of them aren't happy with where they are going, but they aren't ready either to call time on things because they've invested a lot in the relationship and know they'll lose heavily should they walk away.

(I do sometimes wonder how the talking heads at Fox News really think about things - I can't believe they or Alex Jones are stupid enough to believe what they spout, heck Jones has testified in court that he's 'performance art' and what he says isn't intended to be taken seriously ... )

PS - The only 'good thing' about this situation is that these older people are continuing to age and the more liberal younger generation who are more accepting of scary things like gay people and foreigners (in the main) are starting to be able to vote and will one day make a difference.

Last edited by Marc Vaughan : 08-28-2018 at 09:11 AM.
Marc Vaughan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2018, 11:21 AM   #981
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Vaughan View Post
(I do sometimes wonder how the talking heads at Fox News really think about things - I can't believe they or Alex Jones are stupid enough to believe what they spout, heck Jones has testified in court that he's 'performance art' and what he says isn't intended to be taken seriously ... )

At what point do we stop questioning and just accept that they do believe what they are saying? What evidence do we have that they don't?
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2018, 01:16 PM   #982
digamma
Torchbearer

We have parents that had to bury their children as a start.
Old 08-28-2018, 01:32 PM   #983
RainMaker
General Manager

I am surprised there weren't metal detectors or at least security to check bags at this event. Big event, high emotions, young people who might not be all there.
RainMaker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2018, 01:36 PM   #984
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
I am surprised there weren't metal detectors or at least security to check bags at this event. Big event, high emotions, young people who might not be all there.

They cancelled the rest of the events for this "season", so I imagine we'll see that going forward.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2018, 07:55 PM   #985
whomario
Pro Starter

Either US citizens are much more violent and/or mentally ill on average than those in any other western country AND it somehow doesnt impact non-gun crimes (including homicides and assault by any other mean), or ... Gun availability.

https://www.vox.com/2018/8/29/177927...-deaths-global

VOX giving it another go, trying to line out the (pretty simple) cause and effect.
“The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes "Awww!”

Last edited by whomario : 08-29-2018 at 07:59 PM.
whomario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2018, 08:02 PM   #986
Atocep
Coordinator

We just need more good guys with guns.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2018, 03:17 PM   #987
Edward64
Head Coach

Yup, agree.

Florida sheriff backs Uber driver who killed 'goofball' - BBC News
Edward64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2018, 03:23 PM   #988
digamma
Torchbearer

Turn your sarcasm meter on, Edward.
Old 09-06-2018, 11:08 AM   #989
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

https://www-m.cnn.com/2018/09/06/us/...ression%3Dtrue

My wife worked right by there. A girlfriend of hers heard the shots. Really hoping no one I know was involved.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2018, 05:26 PM   #990
cougarfreak
College Starter

As does mine Lathum. Scared the hell out of me, thankfully she’s fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-07-2018, 02:33 PM   #991
QuikSand
lolzcat

I know that #Annapolis doesn't register any longer, we've moved on to the latest gun carnage elsewhere...

Still worth a read:

Carl Hiaasen’s tribute to brother Rob, killed in Capital Gazette shooting | Miami Herald

Serious writers can assemble thoughts better than most of us. Sometimes that has a helpful effect.
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2018, 07:08 PM   #992
PilotMan
Head Coach

So about 3d printing.

https://www.facebook.com/19440638720...5967590658721/

Like Steam?

Old 09-10-2018, 07:26 PM   #993
cuervo72
Head Coach

On the bright side they will be able to really churn out those Marines swords now.
Old 09-20-2018, 09:13 PM   #994
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:
I am going to split this conversation to here for this one.

So 3D printing of guns is gonna be a thing now? In my line of work, I'll be honest, this scares the crap out of me. From a public safety standpoint, it's about 3 bridges too far. This in education, where not even metal detectors are gonna work, no registration, no documentation, is just unfathomable.

Email NOW: Stop the Threat of Downloadable Guns | Everytown for Gun Safety

Do-it-yourself, downloadable guns are incredibly dangerous. And a State Department special exemption would allow a company run by a self-proclaimed anarchist to post its gun blueprints online in the form of files that can be sent directly to a 3D printer to print guns on demand.

This guy is just a winner!

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-t...-idUSKCN1LZ2F5

Quote:
A Texas man at the center of a legal battle over his plan to make instructions available for 3-D printed plastic guns flew to Taiwan after learning police in Austin were investigating an accusation he had sex with an underage girl, police said on Wednesday. Cody Wilson, 30, was placed under investigation after a counsellor on Aug. 22 told police that a 16-year-old girl had said she was paid $500 to have sex with Wilson at an Austin hotel, Austin Police Commander Troy Officer said at a news conference. Police later interviewed the girl and on Wednesday obtained a warrant for Wilson’s arrest, but by then he had caught a flight to Taiwan.

Like Steam?

Last edited by PilotMan : 09-20-2018 at 09:15 PM.
Old 09-20-2018, 09:35 PM   #995
BishopMVP
Coordinator

LoL, there's an Officer Officer?
BishopMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2018, 03:31 AM   #996
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BishopMVP View Post

That's Commander Officer to you sir!

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2018, 08:21 PM   #997
illinifan999
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BishopMVP View Post

We had a Sergeant Sargent on my department.
illinifan999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2018, 11:03 PM   #998
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by illinifan999 View Post
We had a Sergeant Sargent on my department.
At least Sargent is a fairly common last name. I don't think I've ever met or seen anyone with the last name Officer before.
BishopMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2018, 11:06 PM   #999
molson
General Manager

There's an Officer Hancuff in Boise.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 12:05 PM   #1000
Edward64
Head Coach

Eh, based on what I saw on the video and below, I don't believe this was a justified shooting. Best thing would have been to call the cops and maybe followed the guy at a distance until the cops arrived.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/florida-c...ce-video-shows
Quote:
The moment a Florida city commissioner shot and killed a man suspected of shoplifting from his store is seen in a stunning surveillance video released by authorities Monday, as prosecutors weigh whether the gun-toting store owner should face charges.

Lakeland City Commissioner Michael Dunn confronted Cristol Lopez at the Vets Army & Navy surplus store on Oct. 3 after Dunn suspected Lopez of shoplifting, the Lakeland Police Department said.

Police said at the time that Lopez -- a 50-year-old homeless felon who was staying at a nearby shelter -- had tried to leave the store with a hatchet down his pants, FOX13 reported.

In surveillance video released Monday, Dunn can be seen holding a gun in his right hand while attempting to keep Lopez from carrying the hatchet out of the store.

Dunn can then be seen grabbing Lopez by his shirt as the 50-year-old is able to get partially out the door. Lopez appears to be holding some type of object in his right hand. It is unclear in the video if the object is the hatchet that Lopez is suspected of trying to steal because the business' front door obstructs his hand.

As Lopez pulls free, Dunn fires two shots at Lopez, who then falls to the ground in front of the store. He later died from his injuries.

The day after the shooting, Dunn's attorney told FOX13 that Dunn was in fear for his life at the time he fired at Lopez.
Edward64 is offline   Reply With Quote