Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-03-2010, 10:32 PM   #551
HeavyReign
Fast Break Basketball

Quote:
Originally Posted by henry296 View Post
Will a new demo be posted with the final build?

Yes.
HeavyReign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 10:32 PM   #552
whomario
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyReign View Post
Distribution of which players are leaving for the draft probably still needs work. The stamina issue occurred because when you changed to the other file it wasn't found by the game. If it was actually named FBCB.txt that would explain it as it needs to be FBCB.ini. Do you have file extensions enabled?

propably not as i have no idea how youŽd do that How do you do that ?
whomario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 10:44 PM   #553
Emmett13
Mascot

Quote:
I made a note to take a look at assists. The overall numbers do work out but you're right that the individual leaders are probably a bit low.

Free throw shooting looks like it has the same problem. Team percentages look on line, but a huge number of guys shoot 90%+

Also, even with the option to "save all retired coaches". I can't click on a retired coach, and see his card and history.

Last edited by Emmett13 : 04-03-2010 at 10:46 PM.
Emmett13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 11:01 PM   #554
Galaril
Pro Starter

Quote:
If the demo didn't do this then it has to be something with the elicense. The first obvious thing is make sure you're running as administrator. The next thing to try is this:

You may need to adjust your Data Execution Prevention settings. Here is how:

1. Right-click on "My Computer"
2. Select "Properties"
3. Click on the "Advanced" Tab.
4. Click on the Performance "Settings" Button
5. Click on the "Data Execution Prevention" Tab
6. Verify that "Turn on DEP for essential Windows programs and services only" is selected. If it is not, select that option and click "APPLY" and then try and run the game.

Note: Even if you see that option checked already, go ahead and uncheck and then recheck it to ensure that its activated!

7. If the problem persists, go back and select the other option "turn on DEP for all windows programs and services EXCEPT those I select" and ADD the following files:

"runservice.exe" That file will be found in C:\Windows.

9. Click APPLY then Reboot and then relaunch the game.

Yup the demo was fine and I am running as admin. I will try the nexy thing you mentioned. Thanks.
Galaril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 11:10 PM   #555
Galaril
Pro Starter

HR,

I did all that and the program won't even start or try no game screen at all even for a second so like you said it must be elicense. No big deal I guess i will just hang tight until next week. it sounds there a re few tweaks needed to the games stats anyways.
Old 04-04-2010, 12:52 AM   #556
HeavyReign
Fast Break Basketball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmett13 View Post
Also, even with the option to "save all retired coaches". I can't click on a retired coach, and see his card and history.

Did you change your save name at all?
Old 04-04-2010, 01:21 AM   #557
Emmett13
Mascot

Quote:
Did you change your save name at all?

I don't think so.
Emmett13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 02:06 AM   #558
HeavyReign
Fast Break Basketball

Quote:
Originally Posted by whomario View Post
propably not as i have no idea how youŽd do that How do you do that ?

If you need to turn it on look for the tools menu in windows explorer. If you don't have it by default it should appear if you press alt. Select "folder options" and go to the view tab. There is a check box in that list that says "Hide extensions for know file types"
Old 04-04-2010, 02:16 AM   #559
TroyF
Coordinator

Had an amazing game in the second round of the tourney. Butler beat my OK State team 109-107 in double OT. I hit a three in the first OT to tie it up, missed a three in the final OT to win the game.

Love this game.
TroyF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 02:40 AM   #560
HeavyReign
Fast Break Basketball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaril View Post
HR,

I did all that and the program won't even start or try no game screen at all even for a second so like you said it must be elicense. No big deal I guess i will just hang tight until next week. it sounds there a re few tweaks needed to the games stats anyways.

I'll add in that it looks like you should add the FBCB2010.exe file to the same list as runservice.exe. I'll keep looking for more suggestions.
Old 04-04-2010, 02:51 AM   #561
LloydLungs
College Prospect

It looks like, in 10-team conference tournaments, the 8 seed advances out of the 8-9 game no matter who wins.
LloydLungs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 02:57 AM   #562
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyF View Post
Had an amazing game in the second round of the tourney. Butler beat my OK State team 109-107 in double OT. I hit a three in the first OT to tie it up, missed a three in the final OT to win the game.
Butler in the Sweet 16? Would never happen in real life.
BishopMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 03:00 AM   #563
HeavyReign
Fast Break Basketball

You are correct and it is fixed.
Old 04-04-2010, 03:03 AM   #564
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BishopMVP View Post
Butler in the Sweet 16? Would never happen in real life.

Quote:
You are correct and it is fixed.
LOL
Old 04-04-2010, 03:09 AM   #565
HeavyReign
Fast Break Basketball

I saw that after I posted but left it for the comedy value.
Old 04-04-2010, 09:06 AM   #566
lcjjdnh
College Prospect

Can I move where the saved game file is located? I want to be able to put it in my dropbox folder so I can play the same save file on both of my computers.
lcjjdnh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 10:11 AM   #567
Galaril
Pro Starter

Quote:
I'll add in that it looks like you should add the FBCB2010.exe file to the same list as runservice.exe. I'll keep looking for more suggestions.

How about if I reinstall the game will the license still be there maybe that will work?
Old 04-04-2010, 10:17 AM   #568
Icy
Pro Starter

Can't remember if it was discussed, but have been taken any measure (ej players being tired after a game played) to avoid the expolit of schedulling all the preseason games early and in consecutive days?

Icy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 11:57 AM   #569
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyF View Post

Love this game.

Do you control everything or let the CPU do some things?
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 12:35 PM   #570
whomario
Pro Starter

I personally controll everything, although i do alot of "sim to next stop" or just simming 5,6 minutes of gametime at a time before subbing. Not so much in big games, but in tune-up games or when itŽs decided.

Just lost to Utah State for the 2n time in 3 seasons (dating back to old version in that savegame) in the tournament. Plus they twice stole my No1-target in recruiting the last 2 seasons.
Just scheduled them for the upcoming season just for the heck of it

small issue :

When i or the CPU teams play a player out of position he changes his primary position, which is fine except for the fact that he also drops rapidly in the pro-prospect ranking when a 6Ž4 SG plays a lot of SF (you can test that, simply set his position back to the default editing the current league and see him sky-rocket again). How heavily does the "declare for draft" logic rely on the same parameters as the pro-prospect rankings ?
Because if it does that a lot that kinda screws that mechanic up a little bit. Especially as there arenŽt lots of repercussions on the court per se in terms of the players performance.

Also C/PFs get rated way higher on average than perimeter guys. Good idea, but too strongly valued. They make up about 70% of the list between them.

stats : It also seems that starting PGs have very low TO numbers on average.

Last edited by whomario : 04-04-2010 at 12:57 PM.
whomario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 01:57 PM   #571
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Been playing as North Dakota. In my second year the goal is to not finish in last. I finish second to last and go on an amazing streak and win the conference tourney. Next year I got no prestige or budget boost.

Hats off to HR on a great job.

Last edited by Barkeep49 : 04-04-2010 at 01:58 PM.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 01:59 PM   #572
TroyF
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah View Post
Do you control everything or let the CPU do some things?

I let the CPU coach. I do pretty much everything else.
TroyF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 02:28 PM   #573
Balldog
Pro Rookie

Attached are modified default files.

Teams.csv - fixed some teams names to more common used naming, ie - from ESPN. Fixed the abbreviations to more common used naming and added mascot names.

Tourneys.csv - modified the names to real life tournaments, these should mirror real life preseason tournaments.
Attached Files
File Type: csv teams.csv (29.8 KB, 49 views)
File Type: csv tourneys.csv (1.0 KB, 53 views)
Balldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 03:05 PM   #574
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Thanks Balldog!
Old 04-04-2010, 03:46 PM   #575
kcchief19
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
Been playing as North Dakota. In my second year the goal is to not finish in last. I finish second to last and go on an amazing streak and win the conference tourney. Next year I got no prestige or budget boost.

Hats off to HR on a great job.
Ditto on all counts. I have three season under my belt at North Dakota. I'm averaging 12 wins a season playing a pretty tough non-con. Finished 2nd in the conference last season but injuries bit me at the end of the year and I was upset in the first round of conference tourney.

Biggest quibble at this point is my only quibble from last version: still too many conference upsets. In my second season a 16 took down a one. In my second season the Final Four included a 6-seed, two 8-seeds and a 12, and one of the eights won.
kcchief19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 03:53 PM   #576
HeavyReign
Fast Break Basketball

Quote:
Can I move where the saved game file is located? I want to be able to put it in my dropbox folder so I can play the same save file on both of my computers.

I need to add an option to specify a custom data folder. It wouldn't be difficult to add since I already have to write outside the application folder.

Quote:
How about if I reinstall the game will the license still be there maybe that will work?

The license shouldn't go anywhere even if you uninstall the game. The best list of steps that I've been able to find for these situations comes from the ootp board.

Problems running the game with Vista? - Page 2 - OOTP Developments Forums

Quote:
Can't remember if it was discussed, but have been taken any measure (ej players being tired after a game played) to avoid the expolit of schedulling all the preseason games early and in consecutive days?

Not yet. The code I need is there I just hadn't decided what penalties I wanted to use.

Quote:
When i or the CPU teams play a player out of position he changes his primary position, which is fine except for the fact that he also drops rapidly in the pro-prospect ranking when a 6Ž4 SG plays a lot of SF (you can test that, simply set his position back to the default editing the current league and see him sky-rocket again). How heavily does the "declare for draft" logic rely on the same parameters as the pro-prospect rankings ?
Because if it does that a lot that kinda screws that mechanic up a little bit. Especially as there arenŽt lots of repercussions on the court per se in terms of the players performance.

I changed the code so it will consider the player at his best position when determining the pro potential. This won't affect how the filter sorts the players. They will still show up at their listed position but it will be in order of their total pro potential.

Quote:
Also C/PFs get rated way higher on average than perimeter guys. Good idea, but too strongly valued. They make up about 70% of the list between them.

This is something to keep an eye on. There have been times when I thought maybe one area was weighted too heavily but then I look at another league and it seems like you get more players at other positions. So not sure if there is an issue or its just random variation yet.

Quote:
stats : It also seems that starting PGs have very low TO numbers on average.

I'd tend to think the might be that players with higher handling are a little too good at not turning the ball over. There also could be an issue with PGs not handling the ball enough as the assists leaders tend to be low.

Quote:

You would have got a bonus for making the tourney but it balances with the rest of the season.
Old 04-04-2010, 04:32 PM   #577
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
You would have got a bonus for making the tourney but it balances with the rest of the season.

That's fair enough, but when you have 0 prestige and you make the tourney it feels like there should be some bump, as there was in the first version. Not to mention having exceeded the AD's expectation by any measure, I was disappointed to receive no budget increase. Is that no longer how budgets are figured?
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 04:56 PM   #578
HeavyReign
Fast Break Basketball

Well thats different. It shouldn't be possible for you to still have 0 prestige. Budget is based on a combination of prestige and conference level with occasional bonus rewards for exceeding the goal.

Last edited by HeavyReign : 04-04-2010 at 04:58 PM.
Old 04-04-2010, 05:10 PM   #579
HeavyReign
Fast Break Basketball

Ok, I see what happened. The Great West only gets a berth in the FBIT so the bonus was smaller and wasn't enough to overcome the effects of the low finish in a 1 prestige conference. I made a tweak so that winning the conference tourney override the regular season more for lower rated teams.
Old 04-04-2010, 05:11 PM   #580
Galaril
Pro Starter

Quote:
I need to add an option to specify a custom data folder. It wouldn't be difficult to add since I already have to write outside the application folder.

The license shouldn't go anywhere even if you uninstall the game. The best list of steps that I've been able to find for these situations comes from the ootp board.

Problems running the game with Vista? - Page 2 - OOTP Developments Forums

Not yet. The code I need is there I just hadn't decided what penalties I wanted to use.

I changed the code so it will consider the player at his best position when determining the pro potential. This won't affect how the filter sorts the players. They will still show up at their listed position but it will be in order of their total pro potential.

This is something to keep an eye on. There have been times when I thought maybe one area was weighted too heavily but then I look at another league and it seems like you get more players at other positions. So not sure if there is an issue or its just random variation yet.

I'd tend to think the might be that players with higher handling are a little too good at not turning the ball over. There also could be an issue with PGs not handling the ball enough as the assists leaders tend to be low.

HR,

I went through all the four pages of fixes and nothing worked and it sounds like this is a problem that will not be resolvable or at least easy a fixing. I have never had this kind of trouble before with any game or software and is fairly frustrating since my computer is a stock HP Laptop with 64 bit vista and am not running anything exotic. I know I can just get a refund but actually want this game and to play it so this is a major bummer if as that thread leads me to belive this game is dead on my computer for some bizarre reason.

Dan

Last edited by Galaril : 04-04-2010 at 05:12 PM.
Old 04-04-2010, 06:51 PM   #581
Balldog
Pro Rookie

Not much to complain about, outside of incoming recruits needing a bump in ability.
Old 04-04-2010, 07:49 PM   #582
Groundhog
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balldog View Post
Attached are modified default files.

Teams.csv - fixed some teams names to more common used naming, ie - from ESPN. Fixed the abbreviations to more common used naming and added mascot names.

Tourneys.csv - modified the names to real life tournaments, these should mirror real life preseason tournaments.

Do we just put these in the root game directory? Because when I launch I'm not seeing either file update the game automatically?
Old 04-04-2010, 08:14 PM   #583
Balldog
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groundhog View Post
Do we just put these in the root game directory? Because when I launch I'm not seeing either file update the game automatically?

Sorry, you have to save these files at Public -> Public Documents -> GDS -> Fast Break College Basketball 2010
Old 04-04-2010, 08:44 PM   #584
GobBluth
n00b

Despite my coach's 100 rating in recruiting, I'm having a very difficult time getting 3* players to come play for my crappy team. This is... nice.
GobBluth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 10:03 PM   #585
CraigSca
Pro Starter

Getting a lot of Run-time #75 errors (something about a path not being available). I can play for an hour or two at a time before getting it. Would save more, but it takes so long to save I find myself going about a month or two of gametime without doing so.
how do you know?

CraigSca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 02:50 AM   #586
HeavyReign
Fast Break Basketball

What operating system are you running craig? There are a couple things to try from what I've seen. Always make sure you are running the game as administrator. If you have antivirus running while playing I would turn that off. If neither of those apply then I would make sure the windows user you are playing under has full ownership of the data folder for the game. In vista this defaults to C:\Users\Public\Documents\GDS\Fast Break College Basketball 2010. Here are the steps to take ownership.
  1. In Windows Explorer window, locate the files or folders that you want to take ownership and grant or change full control or other access permissions.
  2. Right click on the file or directory, and then select Properties on the right click menu.
  3. Click on Security tab.
  4. Click on Advanced button at the bottom.
  5. In “Advanced Security Settings” dialog window, click on Owner tab.
  6. Here you will be able to see current owner (i.e. TrustedInstaller). To take ownership of the object, click on the Edit button. If UAC prompts for administrator’s password or permission to continue, enter the correct password or press Continue button.
  7. Additional “Advanced Security Settings” dialog will appear. Highlight the user name (for example, Administrators) in the Change owner to box that you want to assign as the owner for the object. Click OK to make the change.
  8. Back in original parent level “Advanced Security Settings” window, you will see the existing owner of the file or folder has changed to the user you just selected.
  9. Click OK button to exit this window.
  10. Click OK again to exit completely from the Properties window.
  11. The ownership is now belonged to user or user account that been selected. To assign necessary permissions to the user too, repeat step 1 to 3 to open the object’s Properties window again.
  12. In object’s Properties window, click on Edit button to change permissions. If UAC prompts for administrator’s password or permission to continue, enter the correct password or press Continue button.
  13. Highlight the Administrators or the user who wants the permissions on the object be changed in the “Group or user names” box. If the user ID or group that you want to manage the permissions for the object doesn’t exist, click on Add button, and type in the user name or group name desired into the Enter object names to select box, and finish off by clicking on OK.
  14. In the Permissions for Administrators box below (or any other user name or group name you chose), click on “Full Control” under the “Allow” column to assign full access rights control permissions to Administrators group.
  15. Click “OK” twice when done.
Old 04-05-2010, 05:12 AM   #587
Groundhog
Coordinator

Small issue - don't seem to be able to print from the 'Team Schedule' screen.
Old 04-05-2010, 07:30 AM   #588
CraigSca
Pro Starter

Sorry - running XP here with Norton 360. I'll try turning off 360 and see what happens.
how do you know?

CraigSca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 05:48 PM   #589
HeavyReign
Fast Break Basketball

Here is the update for the preorders that will get you up to date with the first public version. Just download the file and extract the FBCB2010.exe file over the one from your install.

http://www.fbbgames.com/FBCB2010v201.zip

Version 2.0.01
Fixes:
*Conferences that use divisions for scheduling but not standings should show up with no divisions on the standings screen.
*Changing conferences for teams in the default league editor should save properly now.
*Fixed issue with #8 seed always advancing from the first round in a 10 team conference tourney.
*Reduced the number of high % FT shooters.
*Fixed pbp not being available on box score screen when file is present.
*Double clicking players on the player notes section of the schedule screen should take you to the correct player now.

Changes:
*The code that determines early departures will evaluate players at their best position and ignore the listed position.
*Adjusted the prestige affects of winning the conference tournament to ensure that teams finishing lower in the conference standings are getting a prestige boost.

There is also an updated version of the demo posted here:

http://www.fbbgames.com/FBCB2010DEMOSETUP.exe
Old 04-05-2010, 05:52 PM   #590
rowech
Pro Starter

Can we now order? If so, link?
rowech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 06:13 PM   #591
markprior22
High School Varsity

Fast Break Basketball Forum • View topic - FBCB 2010 Full Version Available
markprior22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 06:27 PM   #592
rowech
Pro Starter

Cool...thanks.
rowech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 06:40 PM   #593
Balldog
Pro Rookie

To go along with a couple previous comments about incoming freshman not having enough talent. Here is a snapshot of the Top 10 for my 2013 season.

Code:
2013 Recruiting Rankings
# Player Pos Ht Team Roles Stats
1 Thomas Howard PF 6-10 Clemson Starter 9.5 PPG
2 Collin Whisenhunt PF 6-8 Louisville Role Player 12.4 MPG, 3.8 PPG
3 Thomas Stricker C 6-9 NON-QUALIFIER 6th Man 19.5 MPG, 7.5 PPG
4 Jay Absher PF 6-8 Connecticut Scrub 3.3 MPG
5 Joseph Beam PF 6-9 Tennessee Starter 8.4 PPG, 8.7 RPG
6 Jack Ellis SF 6-6 Kansas Scrub 0 GP
7 Caleb Wright PF 6-9 Michigan State Scrub 5.6 MPG
8 Earle Trottier PG 6-4 Duke Starter 5.4 PPG
9 Andreas Kenner SG 5-11 Georgetown Role Player 12.9 MPG
10 Chase Daniels PF 6-8 Wisconsin Scrub 6 GP, 2.5 MPG
Old 04-05-2010, 07:48 PM   #594
Galaril
Pro Starter

I still have not been able to get the game to start on my vista 64 and am awaiting a new license after uninstalling everything including the first license. One question I had the demo and it worked fine. Was I not suppose to remove the demo if installed? I uninstalled it completely and wonder if that is why I am having problems.
Old 04-05-2010, 07:59 PM   #595
sovereignstar
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaril View Post
I still have not been able to get the game to start on my vista 64 and am awaiting a new license after uninstalling everything including the first license. One question I had the demo and it worked fine. Was I not suppose to remove the demo if installed? I uninstalled it completely and wonder if that is why I am having problems.

What do you mean by "awaiting a new license"?
sovereignstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 08:03 PM   #596
Galaril
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sovereignstar View Post
What do you mean by "awaiting a new license"?

Uninstalled the original and opened a help desk ticket asking for a reset of the license or a new license whatever works. I am hoping that a new elicense will solve my problem though doubtful.
Old 04-05-2010, 08:28 PM   #597
HeavyReign
Fast Break Basketball

Uninstalling the demo previously shouldn't cause a problem.
Old 04-05-2010, 08:33 PM   #598
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Here is the update for the preorders that will get you up to date with the first public version. Just download the file and extract the FBCB2010.exe file over the one from your install.

http://www.fbbgames.com/FBCB2010v201.zip

Version 2.0.01
Fixes:
*Conferences that use divisions for scheduling but not standings should show up with no divisions on the standings screen.
*Changing conferences for teams in the default league editor should save properly now.
*Fixed issue with #8 seed always advancing from the first round in a 10 team conference tourney.
*Reduced the number of high % FT shooters.
*Fixed pbp not being available on box score screen when file is present.
*Double clicking players on the player notes section of the schedule screen should take you to the correct player now.

Changes:
*The code that determines early departures will evaluate players at their best position and ignore the listed position.
*Adjusted the prestige affects of winning the conference tournament to ensure that teams finishing lower in the conference standings are getting a prestige boost.

There is also an updated version of the demo posted here:

http://www.fbbgames.com/FBCB2010DEMOSETUP.exe

Domo aidigato mr goziamus!
Old 04-05-2010, 08:36 PM   #599
Galaril
Pro Starter

Quote:
Uninstalling the demo previously shouldn't cause a problem.

Problem solved! I uninstalled first my AV program Avira and that was not the issue. Then I uninstalled Threatfire my HIDS/HIPS (hostbased Intrusion detection/protection) program and low and behold FBCB 2010 fired right up and is running fine. I now got to see if I can tweak the config for threatfire to run with pout screwing with FBCB or else I will switch to a different HIDS/HIPS.
Old 04-05-2010, 08:37 PM   #600
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Uninstall Vista while you are at it