Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-18-2010, 07:33 AM   #701
whomario
Pro Starter

2 issues :

- PGs have way too good A/TO ratios, with the increased APG numbers the TO numbers basically stayed the same

- I just have gotten 2 unhappy players. One is a red/red walkon on a 90 Prs team and the other has been injured all year with an injury
whomario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 07:27 PM   #702
dunkem
Mascot

Yeah, I don't know if it's intentional to make the academically ineligible players unhappy... It's his fault and I can't play em if he's ineligible.

One other thing Heavyreign, is there a way to put in high school prestige levels and list them on recruiting? With the stats being so elevated, some high schools must be more competitive than others so 30 ppg at one high school can't possibly be equivalent to the Oak Hill type of school right?
dunkem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 07:55 PM   #703
QuikSand
lolzcat

Well, I feel like I have already gotten my money's worth from this game. One career underway, I have pulled lowly University of Maryland - Eastern Shore from prestige 4 to 40, and to being a perennial MEAC power. It took about a dozen years, playing as mostly a recruit-it-and-forget-it style, and now I seem to have topped out what I can get from them.

I am moving to a MAC school next, and intend to play with a house rule of no international players from here on. Yes, they are costly, but there's not a ton of risk involved in pursuing about 5 internationals ranked #50-200 on your call list from the get-go, and after a week or two deciding whether to spend any money on them if they remain unpursued (some will). When my team's top local pulls are in the #200-400 range, I'll toss a scholarship after a 12-rebound-a-game German guy without even scouting, if he's rated #75 overall...no problem. If he has no offers or interest from anyone else, one $3500 assistant visit may do the trick, even for a fairly low level school. I think that's too easy...but it's also really easy for me to just not pursue it, so I don't plan to yell too loudly about it.

I haven't gotten deep into stats or much else with the game, so I don't have much to say there... just like the shallow immersion and quick pace more than anything. Thanks for reviving this brand, I'm glad to see the new game lives up to the lofty standards of the title.
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 12:38 AM   #704
dunkem
Mascot

Playing with a higher prestige team, the recruiting is a bit flawed I think. I think distance is weighed extremely heavily in this version. While FBCB1 may have weighed prestige a little too heavily, I find recruiting pretty underwhelming at higher levels. Works great for smaller teams and building up though. Just looking at my top 100 recruits, there's rarely a recruit who travels more than a state away. If they do, it's because they weren't recruited by other teams.

Another thing is I've played a few seasons and have yet to have the ability to redshirt anyone or have a player transfer to me. Might be another works at the lower level type of things.
dunkem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 05:31 AM   #705
Balldog
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunkem View Post
Playing with a higher prestige team, the recruiting is a bit flawed I think. I think distance is weighed extremely heavily in this version. While FBCB1 may have weighed prestige a little too heavily, I find recruiting pretty underwhelming at higher levels. Works great for smaller teams and building up though. Just looking at my top 100 recruits, there's rarely a recruit who travels more than a state away. If they do, it's because they weren't recruited by other teams.

I haven't had to much difficulty, even with Detroit recruiting nationally. You have to keep an eye on their initial interests, even at high prestige schools.
Balldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 05:36 AM   #706
Peregrine
Pro Starter

Just downloaded the demo and really enjoying this game and all the new changes. One thing, maybe I am missing. When I am in the details of a stage, like hiring coaches, to move foward a stage I have to exit out, go to the hot seat and click there? Just making sure that I am not missing something - like some global way to move the stage forward that can be clicked on from anywhere.
Peregrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 06:11 AM   #707
Izulde
Head Coach

Windows 7 64-bit. Bought the game and it will start, but after filling in the information on the first page of the League Creation screen and hitting Continue, the game locks up.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 10:37 AM   #708
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Just got this today as a late birthday gift. Wanted to mix things up because I was ODing on OOTP 11 and I got a ton of use out of the first version.
Young Drachma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 04:55 PM   #709
k0ruptr
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izulde View Post
Windows 7 64-bit. Bought the game and it will start, but after filling in the information on the first page of the League Creation screen and hitting Continue, the game locks up.

try to reinstall the game to a different folder Izulde, and then let me know if its working.
Old 04-22-2010, 05:50 PM   #710
Izulde
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by k0ruptr View Post
try to reinstall the game to a different folder Izulde, and then let me know if its working.

Well, I don't install anything to Program Files. It's in C:/Fast Break College Basketball 2010 folder, so I don't know that putting it in another folder would work.

Old 04-22-2010, 06:02 PM   #711
RPI-Fan
Pro Starter

Quote:
Well, I don't install anything to Program Files. It's in C:/Fast Break College Basketball 2010 folder, so I don't know that putting it in another folder would work.

Ummmm, try putting it in C:\Program Files ???
Old 04-22-2010, 07:19 PM   #712
k0ruptr
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPI-Fan View Post
Ummmm, try putting it in C:\Program Files ???

yes try that, or try c:\FBCB

just curious because im on win 7 64 and its working fine. but i did have some issues earlier.

Also how many user accounts on the pc (how many are admin, how many are not)? are you logged as Admin?
Old 04-22-2010, 07:20 PM   #713
k0ruptr
Pro Starter

make sure runservice.exe is also starting up in your services.msc (start -> run -> services.msc)

thats the Elicense control server btw.

Last edited by k0ruptr : 04-22-2010 at 07:21 PM.
k0ruptr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 11:35 PM   #714
Izulde
Head Coach

Quote:
make sure runservice.exe is also starting up in your services.msc (start -> run -> services.msc)

thats the Elicense control server btw.

Tried the Program Files install. Same problem.

Although when I did this, I didn't see a runservice.exe anywhere in the list

Old 04-22-2010, 11:52 PM   #715
Izulde
Head Coach

I also tried the DEP thing HeavyReign mentioned a couple pages ago.

That did nothing either.

And yes I've done the run as administrator, compatibility mode thing. That's a given with the cuntslut cockfuck systems known as Vista/7.

Old 04-23-2010, 01:40 AM   #716
k0ruptr
Pro Starter

hmm. runservice could be an issue. and your logged in as admin, not just running as admin?
Old 04-23-2010, 03:03 AM   #717
Izulde
Head Coach

Quote:
hmm. runservice could be an issue. and your logged in as admin, not just running as admin?

I don't know what I'm logged in as. I don't think I have any accounts set up but who knows?

Old 04-23-2010, 07:32 AM   #718
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
I don't know what I'm logged in as. I don't think I have any accounts set up but who knows?

if you have never set up any user accounts you should be the computer administrator.

You can check under control panel/user acounts.
jbergey22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 07:35 AM   #719
Izulde
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbergey22 View Post
if you have never set up any user accounts you should be the computer administrator.

You can check under control panel/user acounts.

Yep it says I'm the Administrator.

Old 04-23-2010, 02:23 PM   #720
k0ruptr
Pro Starter

hmm, we need to get HR on the case. did you post over at FBCB forums or send him a pm?
Old 04-23-2010, 02:44 PM   #721
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

You should post over at FBCB, he'll be able to help you better there I'd imagine. Or there might be an answer there already, I think.
Old 04-23-2010, 05:33 PM   #722
Izulde
Head Coach

Okay, I'll check over there then. Thanks, guys.

Old 04-23-2010, 06:00 PM   #723
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Try right-clicking FBCB2010.exe and use the option "Troubleshoot compatability". I think it was by doing that and running it in Windows XP mode I fixed it on mine. (I also have an option to "Run as Administrator" there, even though I am running in administrator mode. I'm also using Windows 7 - not sure how your interface is different.)

Last edited by BishopMVP : 04-23-2010 at 06:02 PM.
BishopMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 02:50 PM   #724
HeavyReign
Fast Break Basketball

Quote:
I just have gotten 2 unhappy players. One is a red/red walkon on a 90 Prs team and the other has been injured all year with an injury

Players won't hold injuries against you but there could be an issue with being homesick or maybe if this is your first season with the team he might be unhappy with the coaching change. Walkons aren't guaranteed to stay with your team. They might try to find a scholarship later.

Quote:
Yeah, I don't know if it's intentional to make the academically ineligible players unhappy... It's his fault and I can't play em if he's ineligible.

It is intentional. Most players aren't affected but I don't think it is unrealistic that some might become unhappy and leave when they are struggling with their academics.

Quote:
One other thing Heavyreign, is there a way to put in high school prestige levels and list them on recruiting? With the stats being so elevated, some high schools must be more competitive than others so 30 ppg at one high school can't possibly be equivalent to the Oak Hill type of school right?

There is some variation placed into the stats to account for differences in competition level. I'll have to see if it would be easy to display since I didn't tie it in to the actual high schools listed in the game.

Quote:

Another thing is I've played a few seasons and have yet to have the ability to redshirt anyone or have a player transfer to me. Might be another works at the lower level type of things.

There may still be some tweaks needed with distance adjustments. From what I've seen 5 star players pay less attention to distance than others.

I'd think it is pretty rare for high level teams to take transfers just because most transfers are looking for a chance to play right away. If you are a good team then your players are probably already better than the available transfers.

Quote:

I asked on the other forum if you had made any changes to the default league files. Now I am curious if you can get into the default league editor and make changes? Once the game opens we should be past any issues with the elicense I would think. It seems like the problem would be from loading the data for the league. The install folder shouldn't matter here since the game doesn't write to it.
HeavyReign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 01:28 AM   #725
Johnny93g
College Starter

I got 1 suggestion, if your still taking them

Recruiting budgets. I would like to be able to spend my budget, whenever i choose to. Often, if i get all my recruits signed in by the 2nd month of the season, i wasted the next 4 months of the recruiting budget when i could have used it earlier. Even when i don't get my commitments, i find I spend less and less on recruiting as the season moves on. Less players i want to recruit.

I would like to spend more in the initial 3 or 4 recruiting stages. That's when the major recruiting happens within the game.

Thoughts?.... Is this possible within the framework of the game?.... Is this just me, or do other think this would be a good change?
BBCF: Notre Dame
TML
Johnny93g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 03:31 AM   #726
whomario
Pro Starter

Would be a realistic change but only if the overall budget goes down or recruiting cost increases.
The difficulty level of recruiting is about right (if not too easy) but if you would simply be able to spend more when it counts without the costs also being higher it´d get too easy.

I just won my 1st title in 15 (game)years Unfortunately i screwed up recruiting 2 out of 3 years and now 5 of my Top 7 players graduated and i don´t have a legit 2 guard scorer, very little perimeter defende and 1 (!!) player with 50+ def rebounding.
Had problems rebounding the ball last season allready but still at least had 3 postplayers with 60+ off or def rebounding and 2 good rebounders at the 2 and 3.

First 3 games i play 3 teams with 20, 60 and 35 prestige and while i won all 3 i got outrebounded by 10 on average (and only won by 12, 2 and 10). On the flip-side my players hit 15+ 3s in each game. That´ll be an interesting season ...
I am scheduled to play 8 pre-season Top25 teams as well ...

Last edited by whomario : 04-26-2010 at 03:32 AM.
whomario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 01:44 PM   #727
rjolley
College Starter

There's a review on Operation Sports: Fast Break College Basketball 2 Review (PC) - Operation Sports
rjolley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 03:14 PM   #728
Marmel
Grizzled Veteran

Just a small thing, but the colored boxes that indicate current and potential overall ability is so clutch. I am used to bars (FOF) and stars (OOTP), but I love the colored boxes as my quick check on a player before I take a closer look.

Cincinnati basketball writer P. Daugherty, "Connor Barwin playing several minutes against Syracuse is like kids with slingshots taking down Caesar's legions."
Marmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 03:59 PM   #729
SunDevil
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjolley View Post

I do not know how this game did not rate at least a 9.0......
That's a double whammy and I hate you.
SunDevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 04:48 PM   #730
k0ruptr
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunDevil View Post

+1
Old 05-05-2010, 07:11 PM   #731
Balldog
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunDevil View Post

IMO, the review was half assed and his complaints were they don't have player pictures, you can't cheat, and the high learning curve which I don't get at all.

I think if HR made appearances over there it would've gotten a higher score.
Balldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 08:20 PM   #732
Mota
College Benchwarmer

8.5 is a really good score.

I really enjoy it and appreciate how it is great at doing the core things, but it is a bit old school in the fact that it doesn't have some features that modern text sims have like Facegen, Court animations, etc.

For us grognards it might not be as important, but I can totally understand why it doesn't get a perfect score because of the lack of bells & whistles even though the core gameplay is pretty damn great.
Mota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 09:08 AM   #733
King of New York
High School Varsity

I've been playing this game the last few days, and I give it a thumbs up. I also love DDS:CB, and I can see playing both for a long time, as each game has its own strengths.

I give FBCB the nod regarding:
1) Stability: I have had zero crashes on Vista.
2) Pacing: I like how recruiting goes on a month-by-month basis, rather than on a more-or-less weekly basis. Transfer period goes by quickly and smoothly.
3) Recruiting: in DDS:CB, lower-level teams can sometimes find themselves in a position where there is no one in the country willing to take a scholarship. FBCB has a nice big pool of stiffs and bottom-feeders, so you always have options. I love how you can only put 20 players on your call list--that forces you to make tough decisions right from the outset, rather than spamming 100 possible recruits by putting them all on the call list. I find telephoning recruits to gauge their interest levels in DDS:CB to be tedious.
4) I think that FBCB handles international players just right, and their inclusion means a whole other level of cost-benefit analysis that is lacking in DDS:CB.
5) Being able to schedule any team as an opponent in FBCB is also nice.

While both DDS:CB and FBCB have strong sim engines, I would still give DDS:CB the nod in some areas:

1) Your coaching strategies in FBCB are still limited. Offensively, for example, you can pick a pace and how much motion. DDS:CB lets you pick a system (Princeton offense, Flex, Motion), and build around that system, which is the way that college programs usually operate--in that sense, it "feels" more like a college basketball sim than like a stats sim that happens to be about college basketball.
2) I think that DDS:CB does a good job of giving different players distinct personalities, through a combination of work ethic and likability. By the end of a season in DDS:CB, I feel as though I know each player. The individual players in FBCB feel a bit bloodless in comparison--I know what kind of stats each one generates, but I have no idea who is selfish or unselfish, who works hard and who doesn't, who gets along well with teammates and who does not. The way that coach and player personalities can mesh or not mesh in DDS:CB also adds another element not found in FBCB.
3) DDS:CB handles academics better, at least during the recruiting process. As far as I can tell, FBCB does not take the academic status of schools into account when determining recruit interest--perhaps that is under the hood?

The bottom line, though, is that I am enjoying FBCB a lot. Thanks, HeavyReign! I certainly recommend it--and I'll continue to keep recommending DDS:CB as well.
Old 05-10-2010, 04:47 PM   #734
GoBuckeyes
n00b

Quote:
I also tried the DEP thing HeavyReign mentioned a couple pages ago.

That did nothing either.

And yes I've done the run as administrator, compatibility mode thing. That's a given with the cuntslut cockfuck systems known as Vista/7.

+1 X 10
GoBuckeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 05:04 PM   #735
LastWhiteSoxFanStanding
College Starter

Has anybody else noticed gameplan strategies that worked in the last version not being as effective in this version?

Last edited by LastWhiteSoxFanStanding : 05-10-2010 at 05:04 PM.
LastWhiteSoxFanStanding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 07:31 PM   #736
gstelmack
Pro Starter

No Win7/64-bit issues here. Did the install with "Run As Administrator", and the first run with "Run As Administrator" (seems required for all eLicense titles as a rule), and everything runs fine. Did my first test export for the FOFC league and had no issues.
Old 05-10-2010, 08:25 PM   #737
GoBuckeyes
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by gstelmack View Post
No Win7/64-bit issues here. Did the install with "Run As Administrator", and the first run with "Run As Administrator" (seems required for all eLicense titles as a rule), and everything runs fine. Did my first test export for the FOFC league and had no issues.

That's good, it's really encouraging to hear. I'm assuming this was the full version. I've only tried the demo and did both install and first run as administrator. Did the demo work for you as well?? Or did you just start with the full version?

It sounds like a bit of a gamble to me at 35 bucks and it not work. But again, what you just told me does sound encouraging. Thanks for the response!!
Old 05-10-2010, 09:22 PM   #738
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBuckeyes View Post
That's good, it's really encouraging to hear. I'm assuming this was the full version. I've only tried the demo and did both install and first run as administrator. Did the demo work for you as well?? Or did you just start with the full version?

With the discussions here, I grabbed the demo first, installed, and verified I could start a new game. I then uninstalled, bought the full version, installed it, grabbed the FOFC-FBCB files, and did my test export. No issues from here.
Old 05-10-2010, 09:24 PM   #739
Groundhog
Coordinator

I was having similar issues when I first installed it, but yeah, running as an admin for me fixed it straight away.
Old 05-11-2010, 02:39 AM   #740
HeavyReign
Fast Break Basketball

I have uploaded a patch to the current build. I'll tend to release several smaller patches in between each official patch. You can get it here:

http://www.fbbgames.com/FBCB2010v205.exe

Extract the files to the directory where you installed the game. When you start the game it should say version 2.0.5 in the bottom left corner after applying the update.

Version 2.0.5
Fixes:
*Scholarships should be spelled properly on the recruiting screen.
*Conference tourney seeding was sometimes being done before the conference schedule was complete. This may still show up on any seasons that have already started before the patch but should work fine the following season.
*Teams from the same conference should no longer get invited to the same preseason tourney.
*Fixed an error 9 that could occur when opening the bubble watch screen before the first bubble watch of the season is released.
*Fixed typo in subject for emails about increased budget for the current season
*Teams in conferences that don't have an automatic tourney birth should not receive the goal to make the FBCA tourney when receiving a new goal. The goals should be based on conference positioning instead.
*Seed for empty spots on the FBIT bracket should no longer show a number.
*The FBIT tourney invite email should list the correct region.
*Fixed a possible freeze during conference scheduling when starting a new game.
Old 05-11-2010, 03:21 AM   #741
HeavyReign
Fast Break Basketball

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBuckeyes View Post
+1 X 10

I uploaded an updated version of the demo. Let me know if this resolves the problem as it seems to have worked in the other case of this issue.

http://www.fbbgames.com/FBCB2010DEMOSETUP.exe
Old 05-11-2010, 06:28 AM   #742
GoBuckeyes
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyReign View Post
I uploaded an updated version of the demo. Let me know if this resolves the problem as it seems to have worked in the other case of this issue.

Yes, it worked! I tested it 3 times, with three different teams and had no issues at all. No hangups, no freezes, no issues.

Gonna demo it for a bit, just to be sure and will let you know if there are any issues as the game progresses. Otherwise, the check is in the mail!!

Thanks, HR, this is fantastic!
Old 05-11-2010, 06:51 AM   #743
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
Enjoying the new game so far, even though I'm one of those having to change the dpi back and forth. Can you let us know when you get the larger images ready please? Thanks!

Any updates on this HR?
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 08:24 AM   #744
Ramzavail
College Starter

I don't mean to be picky, since I love the export feature, is it possible to add an import feature as well?
Ramzavail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 03:03 PM   #745
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

just got thru a demo season with Syracuse going 34-4 and winning the title by 20

Last edited by Chubby : 05-12-2010 at 03:04 PM.
Chubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 04:39 PM   #746
sovereignstar
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubby View Post
just got thru a demo season with Syracuse going 34-4 and winning the title by 20

You should try taking candy from a baby while you're on top.
sovereignstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 04:49 PM   #747
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sovereignstar View Post
You should try taking candy from a baby while you're on top.

I never played the 1st one so I gotta get used to the mechanics. Plan on buying tonight and starting to bring Canisius to national prominence!
Chubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 05:23 PM   #748
HeavyReign
Fast Break Basketball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
Any updates on this HR?

Now that things are finalized I just need to take a day and do it. Wish I could write a converter to go through and increase the size of each image.
Old 05-18-2010, 03:37 AM   #749
Radii
Head Coach

I'm getting an RTE '9' Subscript Out of Range in our online league when trying to generate HTML. When it crashes, the Output status says that its "Outputting Class Rankings".

Is this just a file missing somewhere?

EDIT: the classrankings.htm page is generated but doesn't look like it finished. I added a bunch of new teams when we first upgraded to 2010 at the start of our new season. None of those new teams are listed in the html, I am assuming that the HTML generation is crashing when it tries to figure out how a brand new team did in recruiting last year?

Last edited by Radii : 05-18-2010 at 03:46 AM.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 03:44 AM   #750
HeavyReign
Fast Break Basketball

I'll grab the league file when I wake up in the morning and take a look at it. Is the current version posted on the site?