Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-18-2010, 03:53 AM   #751
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyReign View Post
I'll grab the league file when I wake up in the morning and take a look at it. Is the current version posted on the site?

http://fbcb-fofc.com/download/fofcfbcb.zip

is the current file, yup.

Recruiting Class Rankings is what's being generated for the classrankings, the 'empty' 328 line at the bottom is what has me guessing it has something to do with new teams. I'll PM you the commish password. Thanks!
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 10:35 AM   #752
lcjjdnh
College Prospect

Anyone finding this version a bit more difficult than the previous one? Interest in getting some strategy discussion going? I recall there were some good threads about the previous game.

Also, is 2.07 the most recent patch?

Last edited by lcjjdnh : 07-05-2010 at 10:36 AM.
lcjjdnh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 05:01 PM   #753
k0ruptr
Pro Starter

I believe that is the most recent, and yes it is a bit more difficult imo too. But a lot of the same strategy is similar and works. There are some good threads,
also some good ones at the fbbgames.com forum. check there for some newerish stuff
Old 07-15-2010, 10:49 AM   #755
whomario
Pro Starter

+1 here , that is sth i´ve long found missing
“The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes "Awww!”
whomario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 10:54 AM   #756
Klinglerware
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cringer View Post
How about a Linux version? Yeah I know, not happening. I will cross my fingers it works through Wine.

After an update of ZoneAlarm blew up my computer (again), I decided that enough was enough and replaced Windows with Ubuntu.

Anyway, I've managed to configure Wine to get the FBCB2 demo running. Currently, it is not completely stable but playable (it crashes with regularity, but it is okay if you remember to save often). The game speed seems okay for the most part, but the recruiting processing at the end of each month is excruciatingly slow (about 1.5 hrs to complete). I haven't actually made it to the season yet, but I am cautiously optimistic.

If I can get through the demo season without any dealbreaking crashes, I'll fool with wine some more to see if there is anything that can be done to get it to perform better. Hopefully then I can get my license on there and play the full version...

And of course, let me know if anybody else has gotten it tweaked up and running at a reasonable speed.
Klinglerware is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 07:46 PM   #757
HeavyReign
Fast Break Basketball

If anyone was using 120 dpi and had the issue where the background images were too small for the screen size give this a shot:

http://www.fbbgames.com/FBCB120_Images.exe

If anyone needs images for 150 dpi let me know and I'll see if I can get them done as well.
HeavyReign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 09:42 PM   #758
Thomkal
Head Coach

thanks so much Brian!
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 10:10 AM   #759
molson
General Manager

Finally picked this up, and I'm loving it. Just the perfect text sim if you don't think you have a ton of time to play a text sim.

My Bryant Bulldogs went something like 5-27 in my first year, but I have a trio of decent backcourt recruits coming in that should help us take the next step this season. I finished 9th in a 12 team conference, and our recruiting class was ranked 6th in the conference, so I guess that's a slight step forward.

I've been going with a "tweak the AI's recomendations" approach and I do feel like I'm having an impact on the team. We were getting killed on the boards, so I pulled two superior offensive players from the starting lineup in favor of two solid rebounders/defenders, and created more of a platoon situation. That did fix the rebounding issue, and helped us get a couple of wins towards the end of the year. I just relied more heavily on the offense of our staring power forward, a junior who could be one of the best players in the conference this next season.

Last edited by molson : 10-25-2010 at 10:11 AM.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 05:08 PM   #760
Groundhog
Coordinator

I've been working on some new logos if anyone is interested. Only got two more conferences to go until I'm complete. I've updated a bunch of schools to their new logos, and used alt logos when the primary logo doesn't look so good when shrunk down to 80x80.
Old 10-25-2010, 05:10 PM   #761
Groundhog
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson View Post
Finally picked this up, and I'm loving it. Just the perfect text sim if you don't think you have a ton of time to play a text sim.

That's the great thing about it. If you want to quick-sim, you can blow through a season in no time at all. If you want to coach every game, you can take two months+ to get through a season. Caters to both crowds.
Old 10-25-2010, 05:36 PM   #762
markprior22
High School Varsity

Love this game too but it constantly crashes on my Vista 64 bit machine so I haven't played much at all.
markprior22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 06:23 PM   #763
LastWhiteSoxFanStanding
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groundhog View Post
I've been working on some new logos if anyone is interested. Only got two more conferences to go until I'm complete. I've updated a bunch of schools to their new logos, and used alt logos when the primary logo doesn't look so good when shrunk down to 80x80.

I would be very interested! Thanks for your hard work.
LastWhiteSoxFanStanding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 07:15 PM   #764
sovereignstar v2
hates iowa

Great game this. Doesn't get nearly enough love. Also just noticed that the links to my logos are dead. The dude at the bottom of this page still has them hosted though in case anyone is interested.

Tighty Whitie Logos - Grey Dog Software
sovereignstar v2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 07:58 PM   #765
Buccaneer
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by LastWhiteSoxFanStanding View Post
I would be very interested! Thanks for your hard work.

+1
Buccaneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 08:33 PM   #766
Groundhog
Coordinator

No worries guys, I'll post a file as soon as I'm done, though there's a few school that I'm not happy with thanks to an inability to find a decent logo online (and my limited-yet-progressing skills in GIMP ). One problem is that I changed the "background" colour of many of the logos as quite a few of them weren't really appropriate to the logos anymore. I've updated the background colours in my single-player career, but haven't updated the new game spreadsheet, so if you load them into a current career the background colour wont match the logo background colour.

I wonder if it'd be possible for HR (or anyone) to extract the RGB codes from my save file.
Old 11-01-2010, 07:43 AM   #767
whomario
Pro Starter

i´m going to flatten my hard drive, what files do i need to copy to my external drive to continue my savegame after a new install ? Heck, where is the save game folder ? When i click on "open folder" nothing happens
“The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes "Awww!”
Old 11-02-2010, 05:17 PM   #768
Groundhog
Coordinator

In your "My Documents" folder there is a "GDS" directory, it's all in there. Also worth backing up your main FBCB folder to keep your logos, school names, etc.
Old 11-07-2010, 07:21 AM   #769
whomario
Pro Starter

I´m getting a RTE9 "subscript out of range" whenever i want to start a new game (after switching from vista to windows 7 64 bit, complete hard drive delete), however i have no trouble continuing an old save game i imported from my external drive ? any suggestions ?
Luckily i still had a save game saved on day 1 of the first season, but it´s still a little weird really.

also, how can i change things in the FBCB.ini file again ? When trying to overwrite i get "access denied" ?

Last edited by whomario : 11-07-2010 at 08:36 AM.
Old 11-11-2010, 06:00 PM   #770
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

Giving this a well deserved bump with College hoops getting into full swing this weekend.
jbergey22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 06:15 PM   #771
samifan24
Pro Starter

Has anyone been able to play this game on a Mac using either Parallels or VMWare Fusion?
Old 11-11-2010, 07:04 PM   #772
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by whomario View Post
I´m getting a RTE9 "subscript out of range" whenever i want to start a new game (after switching from vista to windows 7 64 bit, complete hard drive delete), however i have no trouble continuing an old save game i imported from my external drive ? any suggestions ?
Luckily i still had a save game saved on day 1 of the first season, but it´s still a little weird really.

also, how can i change things in the FBCB.ini file again ? When trying to overwrite i get "access denied" ?

If you haven't solved this yet, I'd post over in the GDS forum so they can properly help. I have no problems running the game in Windows 7 x64.
Old 11-11-2010, 08:58 PM   #773
HeavyReign
Fast Break Basketball

Quote:
Originally Posted by whomario View Post

If you want to send me your default league files I'll test to see if I can recreate the issue. You can find these files by going to tools > edit default league > open folder. The files needed are conf.csv, teams.csv, and tourneys.csv. Also let me know what regional settings you are using again.

As for the FBCB.ini issue, that sounds like the file is either set to read only or you don't have permission to access it. Its just a normal text file so there shouldn't be any sort of weird locks on it. Are you able to open the file but it won't save any changes?
Old 11-12-2010, 12:17 AM   #774
sjshaw
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by samifan24 View Post
Has anyone been able to play this game on a Mac using either Parallels or VMWare Fusion?

Yes. Fusion 2.0.7 running XP Pro. No problems.
sjshaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 02:47 AM   #775
whomario
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyReign View Post
If you want to send me your default league files I'll test to see if I can recreate the issue. You can find these files by going to tools > edit default league > open folder. The files needed are conf.csv, teams.csv, and tourneys.csv. Also let me know what regional settings you are using again.

As for the FBCB.ini issue, that sounds like the file is either set to read only or you don't have permission to access it. Its just a normal text file so there shouldn't be any sort of weird locks on it. Are you able to open the file but it won't save any changes?

I can access the ini but can´t save. I know i had the same problem a while earlier and solved it by changing sth within my system, but can´t remember what exactly

I am using german regional settings, is that still the problem ? But i´ll send the files later today in any case. Although it was just a fresh install with no changes made at all, so i´m not sure how much that will tell you ?
Old 11-12-2010, 04:50 AM   #776
Balldog
Pro Rookie

Are there any updates/patches on the horizon?
Balldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 07:22 AM   #777
samifan24
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjshaw View Post
Yes. Fusion 2.0.7 running XP Pro. No problems.

That's awesome. Thank you!
Old 11-12-2010, 04:23 PM   #778
Bisbo
H.S. Freshman Team

Finally bought this. Started a new career, made it through to the Training screen in the preseason, and I get a Run Time Error and crash to desktop. What's the fix for this? Thanks
Bisbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 05:16 PM   #779
Groundhog
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bisbo View Post
Finally bought this. Started a new career, made it through to the Training screen in the preseason, and I get a Run Time Error and crash to desktop. What's the fix for this? Thanks

Did you install the game as an administrator? I had a few problems the first time I installed the game because of this.
Old 11-12-2010, 07:19 PM   #780
Bisbo
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Did you install the game as an administrator? I had a few problems the first time I installed the game because of this.

Hey, that did the trick. Thanks Groundhog!
Bisbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 01:39 AM   #781
Groundhog
Coordinator

Quote:
No worries guys, I'll post a file as soon as I'm done, though there's a few school that I'm not happy with thanks to an inability to find a decent logo online (and my limited-yet-progressing skills in GIMP ). One problem is that I changed the "background" colour of many of the logos as quite a few of them weren't really appropriate to the logos anymore. I've updated the background colours in my single-player career, but haven't updated the new game spreadsheet, so if you load them into a current career the background colour wont match the logo background colour.

I wonder if it'd be possible for HR (or anyone) to extract the RGB codes from my save file.

Here they are.

I used secondary logos for some schools because logos that are too detailed or have too much text don't look so good when shrunk down to 80x80. Still, they should be pretty much up-to-date unless a school changed logos over the past few months.

Last edited by Groundhog : 11-15-2010 at 05:51 AM.
Groundhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 05:10 AM   #782
Balldog
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Here they are.

I used secondary logos for some schools because logos that are too detailed or have too much text don't look so good when shrunk down to 80x80. Still, they should be pretty much up-to-date unless a school changed logos over the past few months.

Says page not valid
Old 11-15-2010, 05:51 AM   #783
Groundhog
Coordinator

Whoops, not sure what happened to the link. Try again now.
Old 11-17-2010, 05:04 PM   #784
Balldog
Pro Rookie

Same thing
Old 11-17-2010, 05:08 PM   #785
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
Just worked for me. I wonder if your browser doesn't know how to handle the .rar extension.
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 05:50 PM   #786
korme
Go Reds

he didn't use http://, copy the link location to a new window in your browser and remove operationsports.com/fofc
korme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 07:36 PM   #787
Groundhog
Coordinator

Man, I'm not sure why it keeps messing up. When I edit the link and test it, it works fine, and then for some reason it changes to operationsports... Anyhow, the link is:

http://www.goosejuice.com/fbcb/files...dhog_logos.rar
Old 11-17-2010, 07:53 PM   #788
Groundhog
Coordinator

Well, this sucks. Not only do I lose 3 starters, my 6th man and quite likely my star sophomore SG who is a projected lottery pick, but now two stud reserves are "unhappy" as we roll in to February. Both are starters next season and without them I am fucked, and I already have 6 freshmen coming in next season...
Old 11-18-2010, 08:33 AM   #789
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Are we still on verison 2.0.1?
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 09:04 AM   #790
markprior22
High School Varsity

There is a 2.0.7 here

Fast Break Basketball Forum • View topic - 2.0.7 posted
markprior22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 10:01 PM   #791
Buccaneer
Head Coach

This is probably not the right place to ask but I gave my son the original FBCB on his Windows 7 PC (while I will get FBCB2 on mine). I am able to get his game to run in compatability mode but the window sizes are screwy, with text spilling over. He has one of those smaller widescreens. What resolution in Windows 7 has anyone tried to get this to show?
Old 11-27-2010, 10:40 PM   #792
HeavyReign
Fast Break Basketball

If the window is larger than the screen then try reducing the DPI setting to either 96 (100) or 120 (125%). The original FBCB has a base size of 800x600 so at 150% it will overlap on resolution heights of less than 900. If the background images don't match up to the window size then uncheck the "Use Windows XP style DPI scaling box".
Old 11-28-2010, 10:36 AM   #793
Buccaneer
Head Coach

Thank you once again for your help, Brian. Changing the DPI to 96 and lowering the screen resolution (to make the in-game windows a little bigger) solved the issue. I hope all is well with you.
Old 11-28-2010, 02:14 PM   #794
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by markprior22 View Post

Wow.. thank you!
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 02:29 AM   #795
dawgfan
Grizzled Veteran

Finally got around to playing this a few days ago after downloading the demo a while back, and I was hooked enough after completing my first season in the demo I had to buy it and have been addicted ever since. The interface upgrade has allowed me to get into this version in a way I just couldn't with the original.

Having a blast, and thanks to HeavyReign for the updates/patches and Groundhog for the logos. Been having periodic issues with crashes, but I'm hoping using the 2.07 patch will solve that (or at least reduce the frequency).
dawgfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 12:05 PM   #796
HeavyReign
Fast Break Basketball

If anyone is having issues with error 75 when running the game as an administrator, give this a shot:

http://www.fbbgames.com/FBCB2010v209.exe
Old 12-24-2010, 06:37 PM   #797
Balldog
Pro Rookie

I should have a D2 mod complete next week, kind of excited

Not sure how the logos will turn out, hopefully I can a nice look.
Old 01-02-2011, 08:29 AM   #798
Balldog
Pro Rookie

With version 2.09 I'm still seeing the random RTE 75 Path Not Found issue, its weird cause I never had it during beta.
Old 01-05-2011, 03:41 PM   #799
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Apologies if this has been addressed, but it is a large thread. Just downloaded the demo and will likely buy the game later today.

During recruiting, and maybe other phases, there is a box with two colors next to players names. I know I got an email about them at the start that they are about that players overall skills or something like that. I deleted the email and am not sure what each color means. Is there anywhere in the game that references it? I didn't see anything in the help file.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 04:01 PM   #800
Thomkal
Head Coach

Lathum they mean current and potential ratings of each recruit through your scouts eye. There are five levels or colors starting with the lowest red, then orange, yellow, green, and blue.

Scouts, especially less skilled ones, can be off on these ratings, usually for the worse in my experiences. And even a red rated player can be of use, especially with low level schools. So best used in conjunction with a players stats and numeric/letter ratings. If you find a blue recruit, its a good idea to recruit them though
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote