Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Closed Thread

Old 06-24-2009, 11:01 PM   #1
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

My apologies

For last nights outburst.

Especially to Jackal for threadjacking his game and to BK for leaving him a mess to clean up.

That is all.

Old 06-24-2009, 11:15 PM   #2
Schmidty
Coordinator

I too apologize, as I have before, but I think this thread should be deleted. This whole thing is a black mark for WW, and should be forgotten.
Old 06-24-2009, 11:26 PM   #3
hoopsguy
General Manager

Honestly, I'm kind of split on the whole "black mark for WW" stuff. I hate seeing bitter disputes arise in our games, but I also cringe at the idea that the stuff in the WW forum is any different than it is in OT or any other Internet message board. Every once in awhile, people have a crappy day and post something that they probably regret later. But somehow it feels like we treat it as a "will werewolf survive?" topic when it happens here.

Having someone establish a pattern of cheating in games is a black mark for our forum because it damages the integrity of the game.

Having someone step over the line in a thread? It is going to happen. If the parties involved are good people who want to make amends then I'm all for seeing that happen, whether it is a thread like this one, PMs, or buying someone a beer at a meet-and-greet.

Hope to see both of you again in a game in the near future. Maybe (gasp!) even in the same game
Old 06-24-2009, 11:34 PM   #4
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
If the parties involved are good people who want to make amends then I'm all for seeing that happen, whether it is a thread like this one, PMs, or buying someone a beer at a meet-and-greet.

I still think this thread is inappropriate, but I have to respond again.

I am one of the most forgiving people ever. If I make a mistake, I always say I'm sorry. If someone wrongs me and expresses regret too, I forget everything.

But I will not be called spineless, nor will I be called out continually, and then about personal things like finances. Period.

Anyway, I want this thread deleted.
Old 06-24-2009, 11:41 PM   #5
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I am going to be very level headed here.

Once Schmidty told me I need to get a life because I spend to much time playing WW all bets were off about the comments I make after that point.

Somehow Schmidty has convinced himself he is the victim here, even though he attacked me first and insulted me first and quite harshly. Sometimes targets shoot back.

I mean this thread to be an apology to the people i have spent years cultivating a relationship with. I have had drinks with many of you and I think you all know last night was way to much, even for me, and not a true reflection of the kind of person I am.
Old 06-24-2009, 11:42 PM   #6
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

dola- IMO Schmidty has no right to demand this thread be deleted. I never mentioned him in my apology, it was not a call out of him and really has nothing to do with him.

He chose to enter the thread and participate, he was in no way baited or forced into anything.

Last edited by Lathum : 06-24-2009 at 11:42 PM.
Old 06-24-2009, 11:59 PM   #7
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
He chose to enter the thread and participate, he was in no way baited or forced into anything.

It had to do with me. What did you expect?

I didn't grandstand, and apologized via PMs, and in the game thread.

That's fine though. But if you don't mind responding to my posts in other things as you have done, I will do the same.
Old 06-25-2009, 06:08 AM   #8
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
Honestly, I'm kind of split on the whole "black mark for WW" stuff. I hate seeing bitter disputes arise in our games, but I also cringe at the idea that the stuff in the WW forum is any different than it is in OT or any other Internet message board. Every once in awhile, people have a crappy day and post something that they probably regret later. But somehow it feels like we treat it as a "will werewolf survive?" topic when it happens here.

Having someone establish a pattern of cheating in games is a black mark for our forum because it damages the integrity of the game.

Having someone step over the line in a thread? It is going to happen. If the parties involved are good people who want to make amends then I'm all for seeing that happen, whether it is a thread like this one, PMs, or buying someone a beer at a meet-and-greet.

Hope to see both of you again in a game in the near future. Maybe (gasp!) even in the same game

I agree with this -- there's no reason to get all "thread-police" in here. If someone wants to apologize for something, or really just say anything in general to the WW community, how else are they supposed to do it? This thread isn't a "black mark" or whatever -- if anything, the game thread itself was, and this thread makes the situation better (that's usually what apologies do).
Old 06-25-2009, 07:17 AM   #9
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

this is awesome FYI, even bickering in an apology thread!

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 06-25-2009, 07:39 AM   #10
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by claphamsa View Post
this is awesome FYI, even bickering in an apology thread!

How about college football game smack talk then?

You're going down tonight, clap. HARD.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Old 06-25-2009, 08:03 AM   #11
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

HA! u gonna get smoked like um.... something that gets smoked!

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 06-25-2009, 08:13 AM   #12
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Since the apologies are both out there I think this thread is done.

~BK, Your Friendly Werewolf Moderator
Closed Thread