Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOFC Hosted Multiplayer Leagues > FOFC NCAA Football Online Dynasties
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-01-2015, 10:44 AM   #251
CU Tiger
Grizzled Veteran

Ihateea
CU Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2015, 12:35 PM   #252
CU Tiger
Grizzled Veteran

Well we finally got a game in and it was an all time Classic MNC game the likes of which USC-Texas can't compare with.

We kicked off and UTEP moved the ball with ease until they bogged down int he red zone and had to settle for a FG.

We could do nothing to move the ball against Gramm's STUD OLB who was seamingly beating the ball to the QB in shotgun snaps. 3 and out and this was looking like every other one of Gramm and mines games.

In the blink of an eye he had railed off a 83 yard TD run and we were looking for some lube.

More of the blitzing OLB put me quickly into a 4th down situation but I had to go for it to try and recapture some sense of momentum. We converted and using a west coast offense featuring our tailback as our primary receiver we scored to make it 10-7.

Less than a minute later Gramm answered with a 33yard pass and it was 17-7.

Sticking with our West Coast offense we drive back down the field in 3:30 and make it 17-4

I started guessing and going for broke at this point and somehow managed to stop UTEP and get the ball back with right at a minute to go before half. Drove the ball well but my dink and dunk offense wasnt going to get anywhere fast and that damn OLB was making sure that anything more than a 3 step drop was a non factor. We were out of timeouts and setting up for a 54 yard FG (well within my K range) to tie it up before half. But somehow I guess the signals got crossed and the punt team went on the field instead. We pooched it and headed into the half a respectable 14-17 trailer with the ball coming our way to start the 3rd.

We took the kickoff and it took us 7 minutes to bumble down the field before a TD gave WSU their first lead at 21-17.

More gambling and dice rolling blitzing and cover 9 mixes and somehow we forced UTEP into a 4th down that they failed to convert and our offense was back on the field.

We barely moved the ball but the excellent field position allowed us to kick a FG and go 24-17.

Suddenly the script flipped again and Gramm was back in business. a 5 minute drive ended with a 32 yard TD pass to knot it up at 24-24.

We set out to drain the clock and hoped to put it away with a last second FG. We were moving the ball well but that damn ROLB was still in the backfield. I am not sure how many tackles or sacks he had but he harassed me ALL. DAY. LONG. Finally with me trying to chew clock and UTEP calling timeouts a run up the middle to position us for a game winning FG slipped through a tackler and stumbled home for a TD giving WSU the 31-24 lead with only :28 seconds left.

We squib kicked it to prevent a big return. I am not sure why I did this, it was stupid. We had kicked every kick out of the back of the endzone with our Guy Award winning kicker all day but my brain died and I panicked. UTEP returned the squib across the 50 and things were tense.

A heroic drive by UTEP ended when the clock ran out with them on the WSU 18 yards line.

What a game. We are thrilled to win but feel like every yard I got was fought for while Gramm gashed me all game long.
Stats bear that out.

My longest rush of the game was 21 yards.my longest reception was 38.
Comparatively UTEP had an 83 yard run and 2 of their WR had 30+ yard catches.

Great game Gramm.

One final note. I am concerned that you think I cheesed out a bit on the HB motion flare pass. FWIW I have no less than 9 different plays that include HD motion into a flat flare route from 2 Shotgun and 2 Pistol formations. While my RB did the brunt of the heavy lifting against your blitz it was not one repeat play. We used all of them and threw to the backside of it a few times as well to WR when you bit on the action.
Old 11-02-2015, 09:22 AM   #253
Kodos
Resident Alien

Doesn't sound cheesy to me. Have to counteract his blitzing LB somehow. I never figured out how to shut that down when I played him. Gramm has superior stick skills there.
Old 11-02-2015, 03:24 PM   #254
CU Tiger
Grizzled Veteran

No doubt. His button mashing was superior to mine. The few times I went deep I watched him switch, move and (should have) intercepted it. Quickly learned to keep the passes short.
Old 11-02-2015, 04:29 PM   #255
CU Tiger
Grizzled Veteran

BTW we are ready to advance
Old 11-02-2015, 06:22 PM   #256
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

I'll get to this ASAP. Prob tomorrow at some point. If not then, Wednesday I will.

FUCK EA
Julio Riddols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 08:23 AM   #257
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

Advancing us now.

FUCK EA
Old 11-04-2015, 08:38 AM   #258
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

Just waiting on Kodos to confirm that he wants to stay with FAU. Won't let me force the contract pick.

FUCK EA

Last edited by Julio Riddols : 11-04-2015 at 08:38 AM.
Old 11-04-2015, 08:42 AM   #259
Kodos
Resident Alien

All set.
Old 11-04-2015, 09:02 AM   #260
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

All right, we're up to players leaving. Do we have house rules on transfers and players leaving early?

FUCK EA
Old 11-04-2015, 09:10 AM   #261
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

These are the guys that want to get out early/transfer

Wyoming

QB Daniel Manning.. Projected Round 5. Please no.
TE Z. Haumiller, Transfer. GTFO then, Haumiller.

Washington State

CB K. Bishop.. Projected round 6
P S. Washigton.. Projected round 7 (A punter leaving early, interesting.)

UTEP

FB Kinny Hooper.. Projected round 3
MLB B. Dickey, transfer.

Texas State

QB Kenneth Brantley.. Projected round 6

FAU

QB Devon Peoples.. Projected round 7
C Jess Fuller, transfer.

BYU

RT William White.. Projected round 2
DT Alex Davis.. Projected round 7

FUCK EA

Last edited by Julio Riddols : 11-04-2015 at 09:11 AM.
Old 11-04-2015, 09:21 AM   #262
CU Tiger
Grizzled Veteran

That punter is AMAZING he is also my kicker.

BTW Clemson's punter left early last year and was drafted by the 49ers

Last edited by CU Tiger : 11-04-2015 at 09:24 AM.
Old 11-04-2015, 09:50 AM   #263
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Well, I will let my 2 go as I want to login and check the team out tonight. But I am excited!
Old 11-04-2015, 09:51 AM   #264
Kodos
Resident Alien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julio Riddols View Post
All right, we're up to players leaving. Do we have house rules on transfers and players leaving early?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodos View Post
1. If a player wants to transfer out, let them.
2. If a player is projected to go in rounds 1-3 of the draft, let them go. If they are projected to go in round 4-7, you can try to persuade them to return.
3. You can't persuade a player to return if their rating is over 90.

These are the rules for the other two leagues. Don't know if they apply here. Might make sense just for the sake of uniformity.

If so, bye-bye Peoples because of rule 3.

Fuller is a bonehead for transferring, as the guy in front of him graduated.

Last edited by Kodos : 11-04-2015 at 10:00 AM.
Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 10:51 AM   #265
CU Tiger
Grizzled Veteran

FYI -I had already submitted my stage and both were staying.

That said Washington the aforementioned Punter is a 92 Kicker and a 88 Punter. Depends on which screen you look at for OVR...
Old 11-04-2015, 02:17 PM   #266
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

Oh man.. I guess bye bye to my Heisman candidate.

FUCK EA
Old 11-04-2015, 02:25 PM   #267
Kodos
Resident Alien

Should we pass on the rules this year since CU has already talked his guys into staying?
Old 11-04-2015, 02:55 PM   #268
CU Tiger
Grizzled Veteran

Cant a commish remove him from my team?\
If so go ahead. He is a Punter.
Old 11-04-2015, 03:03 PM   #269
Kodos
Resident Alien

You could cut them when we get to that stage.
Old 11-04-2015, 05:42 PM   #270
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CU Tiger View Post
Well we finally got a game in and it was an all time Classic MNC game the likes of which USC-Texas can't compare with.

We kicked off and UTEP moved the ball with ease until they bogged down int he red zone and had to settle for a FG.

We could do nothing to move the ball against Gramm's STUD OLB who was seamingly beating the ball to the QB in shotgun snaps. 3 and out and this was looking like every other one of Gramm and mines games.

In the blink of an eye he had railed off a 83 yard TD run and we were looking for some lube.

More of the blitzing OLB put me quickly into a 4th down situation but I had to go for it to try and recapture some sense of momentum. We converted and using a west coast offense featuring our tailback as our primary receiver we scored to make it 10-7.

Less than a minute later Gramm answered with a 33yard pass and it was 17-7.

Sticking with our West Coast offense we drive back down the field in 3:30 and make it 17-4

I started guessing and going for broke at this point and somehow managed to stop UTEP and get the ball back with right at a minute to go before half. Drove the ball well but my dink and dunk offense wasnt going to get anywhere fast and that damn OLB was making sure that anything more than a 3 step drop was a non factor. We were out of timeouts and setting up for a 54 yard FG (well within my K range) to tie it up before half. But somehow I guess the signals got crossed and the punt team went on the field instead. We pooched it and headed into the half a respectable 14-17 trailer with the ball coming our way to start the 3rd.

We took the kickoff and it took us 7 minutes to bumble down the field before a TD gave WSU their first lead at 21-17.

More gambling and dice rolling blitzing and cover 9 mixes and somehow we forced UTEP into a 4th down that they failed to convert and our offense was back on the field.

We barely moved the ball but the excellent field position allowed us to kick a FG and go 24-17.

Suddenly the script flipped again and Gramm was back in business. a 5 minute drive ended with a 32 yard TD pass to knot it up at 24-24.

We set out to drain the clock and hoped to put it away with a last second FG. We were moving the ball well but that damn ROLB was still in the backfield. I am not sure how many tackles or sacks he had but he harassed me ALL. DAY. LONG. Finally with me trying to chew clock and UTEP calling timeouts a run up the middle to position us for a game winning FG slipped through a tackler and stumbled home for a TD giving WSU the 31-24 lead with only :28 seconds left.

We squib kicked it to prevent a big return. I am not sure why I did this, it was stupid. We had kicked every kick out of the back of the endzone with our Guy Award winning kicker all day but my brain died and I panicked. UTEP returned the squib across the 50 and things were tense.

A heroic drive by UTEP ended when the clock ran out with them on the WSU 18 yards line.

What a game. We are thrilled to win but feel like every yard I got was fought for while Gramm gashed me all game long.
Stats bear that out.

My longest rush of the game was 21 yards.my longest reception was 38.
Comparatively UTEP had an 83 yard run and 2 of their WR had 30+ yard catches.

Great game Gramm.

One final note. I am concerned that you think I cheesed out a bit on the HB motion flare pass. FWIW I have no less than 9 different plays that include HD motion into a flat flare route from 2 Shotgun and 2 Pistol formations. While my RB did the brunt of the heavy lifting against your blitz it was not one repeat play. We used all of them and threw to the backside of it a few times as well to WR when you bit on the action.

Overall pretty good game and it was fun and challenging to play. The only regret I have is laying out two drives and a strong defensive stop on the two restarts that never counted. I know your defense was messed up, but you still got to feel the offensive drive and to acclimate. Unfortunately getting to adjust to the feel of those drives takes away from the beginning of a regular game when you adjust to each other. Then the game tightens up.

I know there were a bunch of issues and I did not know you were sending IMs when you paused the game. One of those situations when headsets help. But I also know now to check IM when that happens in the future. I would prefer just to drop the game session and then communicate.

Regarding the motion HB flare thing, I guess it is something to figure out. It felt glitchy because when I stayed in straight man coverage with no blitz, the assigned coverage man would not follow the back out to the flat pre-snap and could not get there fast enough to cover him after the snap. On normal flare passes, the coverage man mirrors the back out towards the flat. For Zone, I put the cornerback in a flats zone and he still backed up way off the line of scrimmage and could not move down to cover the HB catching the pass in the flat. Not sure what is going on there. But I will have to work on figuring that out. If I can’t, I suppose I can find the play(s) / method used and add it to my book and use it back. Then one way or another we will either show each other how to cover or wear each other out running that play on every third/fourth down to convert.

For the comments on my Blitzes, everything I do on Defense and Offense can be absolutely stopped with a simple play call or one easy audible. Everything in the blitzes is pretty much straight forward overloads and normal stuff that teams do. In the other league, EF pretty much shut down every blitz I did (most of the time), making it more of a game of trying to trick the other guy into making the wrong adjustment.

Again, all in all a good game. The hour long pre-game wind up was exhausting Sorry for the late reply, I had to bolt out as soon as the game was over because I did not allot 4 hours for the game completion, whew. Just slammed at work and have not had a chance to sit down engage in the thought process. Looking forward to our game(s) next year.
Grammaticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 10:25 PM   #271
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

I think K/P ought to be exempt from the 90 OVR rule.

FUCK EA
Old 11-04-2015, 10:26 PM   #272
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

but if everyone thinks its cool to pass on those house rules for a year im fine with that. If no one says anything then we'll just forego the rules this season and apply them next season.

FUCK EA
Old 11-05-2015, 07:36 AM   #273
Kodos
Resident Alien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julio Riddols View Post
I think K/P ought to be exempt from the 90 OVR rule.

That's fine with me. I vote we apply the house rule.
Old 11-05-2015, 07:59 AM   #274
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Both my guys leaving are in their 90's.

I didn't try and entice them to stay.
Old 11-05-2015, 08:24 AM   #275
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

All right, I am ok with applying it too. So Let em walk if they're 90 or higher, P/K are exempt from this.

FUCK EA
Old 11-05-2015, 09:04 AM   #276
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Mine is 3rd round and in 90s. I did not try to get him to stay. Also did not touch the transfer.
Old 11-06-2015, 11:40 AM   #277
Kodos
Resident Alien

Didn't try to persuade either of our guys to stay. FAU is ready to advance.
Old 11-06-2015, 12:21 PM   #278
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
I only had one player leaving early, and he is dead set against staying. I'm good to go as well.
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2015, 08:50 PM   #279
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

I'll sign in and get my stuff done and advance us in the morning.

FUCK EA
Old 11-11-2015, 08:09 AM   #280
CU Tiger
Grizzled Veteran

Knock,knock
Old 11-11-2015, 09:02 AM   #281
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

On to transfers.

FUCK EA
Old 11-11-2015, 11:43 AM   #282
Kodos
Resident Alien

FAU doesn't have anyone wanting to transfer in, so we're set.
Old 11-12-2015, 04:03 PM   #283
MacroGuru
Coordinator

No transfer...ready to go
Old 11-12-2015, 07:34 PM   #284
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
I had four guys want to transfer in, and two of them will be able to help out immediately. I'll take it!
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2015, 08:10 AM   #285
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

Nice haul, man.

I think we might be able to advance soon. Is everybody set?

FUCK EA
Old 11-13-2015, 10:13 AM   #286
CU Tiger
Grizzled Veteran

I havent had a chance to check game.
I dont like transfers and their entitled opinions.

Just deny mine (if any) and move on
Old 11-13-2015, 12:15 PM   #287
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

I'll move us forward after work tonight.

FUCK EA
Old 11-14-2015, 12:26 PM   #288
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

I'm set to advance, no transfers.
Old 11-15-2015, 06:30 AM   #289
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

Ok, gonna go advance us shortly.

FUCK EA
Old 11-15-2015, 11:03 AM   #290
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

On to final recruiting. Good luck fellas.

FUCK EA
Old 11-16-2015, 10:18 AM   #291
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Done, UTEP is ready.
Old 11-16-2015, 04:04 PM   #292
CU Tiger
Grizzled Veteran

Done, WSU is ready.
Old 11-16-2015, 04:41 PM   #293
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Done at BYU
Old 11-16-2015, 05:51 PM   #294
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

Just Kodos left?

FUCK EA
Old 11-17-2015, 07:32 AM   #295
Kodos
Resident Alien

I'll do this at lunch.
Old 11-17-2015, 12:08 PM   #296
Kodos
Resident Alien

We've set our recruiting points. Only 3 guys left on our list worth bothering with.
Old 11-18-2015, 03:21 PM   #297
CU Tiger
Grizzled Veteran

ping Julio
Old 11-18-2015, 11:25 PM   #298
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

Advancing in morning. Just got home from work, and after a 24 hour shift I'm too sleepy to even get the game turned on. After I take my son to school in the morning, It'll be time to see if our recruiting paid off.

FUCK EA
Old 11-19-2015, 07:26 AM   #299
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

Signing day is here.

FUCK EA
Old 11-19-2015, 07:52 AM   #300
MacroGuru
Coordinator

So I am sitting at work and the damn website isn't working...do we have a list of those who signed.