Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 09-13-2020, 08:51 PM   #101
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Their colors seem too blue. It looks strange.
Old 09-13-2020, 09:33 PM   #102
stevew
Hall Of Famer

I actually like the bone colored set. I thought it was white and the colors of my TV set were off.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2020, 10:16 PM   #103
tarcone
Coordinator

The NFL will not let the Rams lose in their home opener on Sunday night

The word is Fight! Fight! Fight! For Iowa

FOFC 30 Dollar Challenge Champion-OOTP '15
tarcone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2020, 10:19 PM   #104
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Maybe try not committing offensive PI
Old 09-13-2020, 10:20 PM   #105
Jas_lov
College Starter

Refs missed a hit to Goff's head on an INT so it evens out.
Jas_lov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2020, 10:55 PM   #106
bhlloy
Coordinator

McCarthy will be grateful for the questionable call to take the heat off his decision to go for it rather than tie the game up. The Rams offense was fine, but hardly the juggernaut that means you have to have the 7 points at that point of the game.
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2020, 11:04 PM   #107
kingfc22
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhlloy View Post
Any niners fans got the skinny on Kittle? Sounds like he left with a potentially serious looking knee injury, came back and was on the field but not involved at all from that point on?

He says he’s fine but like you said was irrelevant in the second half.
Old 09-13-2020, 11:12 PM   #108
Vince, Pt. II
Pro Starter

He went up high for a bad pass, and got hit low as he landed. Looked like a hyper-extended knee. Haven't heard much yet, though.

Ugh, Garoppolo had about four chances to win that game and threw four awful passes.
Vince, Pt. II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2020, 08:05 AM   #109
Warhammer
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISiddiqui View Post

I am not a fan of the blue. It needs to be darker. Also, they need some more color on the pants.

I do not understand why they don't just go back to the 80s unis. Those are a classic for a reason.
Warhammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2020, 08:09 AM   #110
Warhammer
Pro Starter

Quote:
McCarthy will be grateful for the questionable call to take the heat off his decision to go for it rather than tie the game up. The Rams offense was fine, but hardly the juggernaut that means you have to have the 7 points at that point of the game.

The most disappointing take away from the game for me was on their second drive, with a chance to put the game away, they had several bonehead plays. One was Goff's intentional grounding (not a problem with him throwing it away, throw it over a player's head), another was Malcolm Brown's drop on the screen, and there was another drop on the series. You punch that ball in, go up 14-0, and I think the floodgates open from there. Overall though, good effort. Really like the safety out of OSU, Fuller.
Warhammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2020, 08:16 AM   #111
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

It’s nice to see when the world is absolutely crazy and upside down, that the Lions will always remain consistent. They’re sucking, much like gravity, is a universal constant.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2020, 08:38 AM   #112
bob
College Starter

Yes, the Lion and Falcons results definitely gave me a taste of normal yesterday.
bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2020, 08:52 AM   #113
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob View Post
Yes, the Lion and Falcons results definitely gave me a taste of normal yesterday.

J-E-T-S JETS! JETS! JETS!

NFL was refreshingly normal this weekend. Chiefs and Ravens look like the two best teams in the league. Lions and Jets look like they are in a competition to get their coach fired. Russell Wilson and Aaron Rodgers look like MVP candidates.

Nice antidote to 2020 insanity for 24 hours.
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2020, 08:54 AM   #114
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

dola:

Happy that the Saints won.

The offense looked horrible. Brees was missing open guys. The O-Line was getting blown up. Michael Thomas wasn't getting open (and, according to one of the writers I follow who watches the film, the Bucs weren't scheming him out of the game plan. He just couldn't break coverage.). Kamara's only big play was a gadget pass from Taysom Hill.

But a win is a win, and one hopes that the O will find its footing sooner rather than later.
Old 09-14-2020, 09:31 AM   #115
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by albionmoonlight View Post
J-E-T-S JETS! JETS! JETS!

NFL was refreshingly normal this weekend. Chiefs and Ravens look like the two best teams in the league. Lions and Jets look like they are in a competition to get their coach fired. Russell Wilson and Aaron Rodgers look like MVP candidates.

Nice antidote to 2020 insanity for 24 hours.

The Lions need to be the Lions, have Quinntricia blown out (like they should have been at the end of last year), and then draft Lawrence or Fields and move on.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2020, 09:50 AM   #116
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhammer View Post
I am not a fan of the blue. It needs to be darker.

Yes, exactly. Looked like someone turned the brightness up on Madden or something.
Old 09-14-2020, 10:42 AM   #117
molson
General Manager

That was a really fun day of football. Hopefully the NFL can continue to dodge the COVID.

I also hope Cam Newton can say upright if they're going to run him this much. He's not as explosive as in his prime but he's still very exciting to watch. I think he's definitely better than Brady for this team, this season.

The Patriots have something like $30 million in cap space now after the opt-outs, hopefully they can make the right move if one is available.

Last edited by molson : 09-14-2020 at 10:45 AM.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2020, 03:06 PM   #118
Sweed
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISiddiqui View Post

I, surprisingly liked the new blue. I was surprised how the horns looked colorless, in HD, when the camera was not close to the play. If the horns were "one piece" I would like the helmet though I still think they should have never messed with perfection.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
I actually like the bone colored set. I thought it was white and the colors of my TV set were off.

I told my son it looked like they forgot to wash their whites Told him I couldn't believe they were opening their new palace wearing dirty laundry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhammer View Post
I am not a fan of the blue. It needs to be darker. Also, they need some more color on the pants.

I do not understand why they don't just go back to the 80s unis. Those are a classic for a reason.

Yes, add some color or wear the blue pants with "white" jersey.

Exactly!

In the end they played well and Collingsworth was right about the offensive line getting back to the standard of 2 years ago and moving forward. They were terrible last year.
Sweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2020, 03:10 PM   #119
bhlloy
Coordinator

The Browns cutting the kicker after losing 38-6 in week 1 has a distinct “fiddling while Rome burns” air to it.

Remember when they were genuinely being discussed as playoff contenders after Baker’s rookie year?
Old 09-14-2020, 03:11 PM   #120
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

I realized why the blue is so strange to me... it reminds of the Chargers powder blue in its brightness.

Last edited by ISiddiqui : 09-14-2020 at 03:14 PM.
ISiddiqui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2020, 03:12 PM   #121
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
The Browns cutting the kicker after losing 38-6 in week 1 has a distinct “fiddling while Rome burns” air to it.

Remember when they were genuinely being discussed as playoff contenders after Baker’s rookie year?

Baker's regression is stunning to me. I never imaged Kyler Murray would be the better of the two, but it may not even end up being close.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2020, 05:53 PM   #122
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Baker has always felt like a rich man's Johnny Manziel to me. Better NFL skills, but a similar lack of maturity and misaligned priorities/inflated sense of self.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2020, 05:55 PM   #123
cuervo72
Head Coach

+1
Old 09-14-2020, 06:14 PM   #124
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Will be weird if Baker’s biggest contribution to NFL history will be having had one good year that convinced the Cardinals to draft Kyler.
Old 09-14-2020, 11:05 PM   #125
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhillips View Post
Bill accepting resumes for a new kicker.
Sadly no, he hasn't been. I get they drafted a kicker who turned out to be a borderline white supremacist (and you think Bailey can handle kickoffs), but there had to be a better veteran scrap heap option than Nick Folk.

W's a W though, and even despite opponents it's amusing to see Brady 0-1, Jimmy G 0-1, and Bill/the Patriots 1-0. Team's been transitioning to a power team for a few years, and I won't say we're better without Tom, but it's definitely going to be fun to watch a healthy Newton in that offense, especially if one of the two rookie TE's can make an impact.

Defensively it's 100% going to be nonstop arguing about our DB's physical bump n run/face guarding & whether any play deserves a PI flag, but whatever I love that style over the bend but don't break one.
BishopMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2020, 11:17 PM   #126
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Gostkowski gotta get kicked to the curb tomorrow.
Old 09-14-2020, 11:43 PM   #127
thesloppy
Pro Starter

Epic choke night for Gostkowski
Last edited by thesloppy : Today at 05:35 PM.
thesloppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2020, 11:54 PM   #128
Vince, Pt. II
Pro Starter

Been brutal to watch. Tennessee should be controlling this game easily.
Old 09-14-2020, 11:55 PM   #129
thesloppy
Pro Starter

Yea, at this point literally any one of those kicks would make the difference.
Old 09-14-2020, 11:56 PM   #130
stevew
Hall Of Famer

This is an awful game.
Old 09-15-2020, 12:20 AM   #131
bhlloy
Coordinator

Even the coaches want to get this shitshow over with
Old 09-15-2020, 12:23 AM   #132
bhlloy
Coordinator

Seriously, were Vrabel and Fangio doing shots in the locker rooms at half time? Fangio tried to let them win the game with no time left on the clock and then Vrabel still managed to give it back to them with 17 seconds left and 3 timeouts.
Old 09-15-2020, 06:17 AM   #133
MIJB#19
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson View Post
That was a really fun day of football. Hopefully the NFL can continue to dodge the COVID.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NFL.com
On the Tuesday ahead of Week 1, the NFL and NFLPA last updated testing results from Aug. 30 to Sept. 5, where of the 44,510 tests administered to a total of 8,349 players and team personnel, one player was confirmed to test positive for COVID-19. Seven confirmed positives emerged from testing of non-player personnel, bringing the combined total to eight for that period of time. Of the 44,510 tests administered during that span, 17,519 were to 2,641 players, while the other 26,991 tests were administered to 5,708 team personnel. The combined positive testing rate across the league for this period of time was 0.017 percent.
I can't be the only one that raised an eye browse after reading that. That sounds far too good to be true.
MIJB#19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2020, 06:55 AM   #134
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Basic precautions, testing, and contact tracing keeps the virus under control. This isn't magic.

The NFL listened to the scientists, took the problem seriously, and expended adequate resources.

Good for them.
Old 09-15-2020, 06:57 AM   #135
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

It seems like they have a plan to keep it under control, but all that testing was done before weekly travel started. They've basically been in individual team bubbles.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2020, 07:02 AM   #136
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
It seems like they have a plan to keep it under control, but all that testing was done before weekly travel started. They've basically been in individual team bubbles.

True, but as long as the testing and tracing keeps up, I think that they will be able to manage a season.

The fact that it is such an injury-prone sport helps, too. As fans, we are all accustomed on some level to players missing a few weeks here and there and "next man up" and all that.
Old 09-15-2020, 10:11 AM   #137
Vince, Pt. II
Pro Starter

The problem is with re-scheduling games. If a single positive test pops up, how many people on the team are going to be knocked out of the game because of proximity / exposure? Baseball can work on double-headers to make up time. Football...cannot.
Old 09-15-2020, 10:43 AM   #138
QuikSand
lolzcat

It's going to work out great right up until it doesn't
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2020, 10:49 AM   #139
JPhillips
General Manager

That's the new national motto.
Old 09-15-2020, 10:50 AM   #140
larrymcg421
Head Coach

I would LOVE to watch the 2nd game of a football doubleheader.

Franchise Portfolio Draft Winner
Fictional Character Draft Winner
Television Family Draft Winner
Build Your Own Hollywood Studio Draft Winner
larrymcg421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2020, 03:20 PM   #141
stevew
Hall Of Famer

The NFL has way too much intermingling after the game between opposing players. Coaches are supposed to wear masks but they don’t. The announcers set up some sort of socially distanced post game interview but they’ll let 150 people bunch up after the game. It’s just questionable enforcement of protocols and I hope they can pull the season off. But I doubt it.
Old 09-15-2020, 04:56 PM   #142
Vince, Pt. II
Pro Starter

Allen Robinson wants out of Chicago. San Francisco has to make the move, right? I know their cap situation isn't great, but that is an incredible talent at maybe the weakest spot on the team.
Old 09-15-2020, 05:13 PM   #143
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince, Pt. II View Post
Allen Robinson wants out of Chicago. San Francisco has to make the move, right? I know their cap situation isn't great, but that is an incredible talent at maybe the weakest spot on the team.

Green Bay?
Old 09-15-2020, 05:13 PM   #144
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

dola:

Just realized Chi won't trade him w/in division.
Old 09-15-2020, 05:22 PM   #145
MIJB#19
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
The NFL has way too much intermingling after the game between opposing players. Coaches are supposed to wear masks but they don’t. The announcers set up some sort of socially distanced post game interview but they’ll let 150 people bunch up after the game. It’s just questionable enforcement of protocols and I hope they can pull the season off. But I doubt it.
But if both teams' 75 all truly tested negative and all stayed within their team bubble since that test, does it really matter how close they get with the opposing team? (Neutral journalists obviously excluded from this, they are the biggest risk of bringing COVID-19 into the NFL at game locations.) So if there are no Johnny Manziels anymore, but also the biggest family men (all 8,349 of them) stop going home to say goodnight to the wife and kids for the next 4 to 5 months, this end of game mass break of protocol isn't a risk for the NFL's ability to finish this season as planned.
MIJB#19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2020, 08:18 PM   #146
thesloppy
Pro Starter

Heck of a game so far tonight, go figure.
Old 09-17-2020, 09:47 PM   #147
bhlloy
Coordinator

Ok, the Doritos advert with Brady polishing his helmet in bed has to be an intentional innuendo right? I have an incredible amount of respect for whoever got that past the censors.
Old 09-17-2020, 09:59 PM   #148
Edward64
Head Coach

Flipping channels and first time I've seen Joe Burrows in the NFL (in 3Q). I think he is performing like a regular rookie QB with some flashes of great potential.
Edward64 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2020, 10:02 PM   #149
JPhillips
General Manager

Burrow looks pretty good, but the offensive line is garbage and the defense isn't much better than last year. Now the question is whether the line will get fixed before Burrow gets killed or ruined.
Old 09-17-2020, 10:14 PM   #150
Edward64
Head Coach

I am rooting for him. The SEC hasn't produced that may great QBs recently since (arguably) Cam Newton back in 2011 ... has it been that long since Auburn cheated?
Edward64 is online now   Reply With Quote