Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-30-2008, 10:39 PM   #51
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
Hopefully we can get a few more so I won't have to cut back on the roles. I will have the roles out Mondahy morning and day one will begin after that.

Will Day One end Monday night? Because if so that could be a problem for me with roles going out early Monday morning. I would then have just a few minutes Monday evening after coming home from work to see my role and read the thread.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.

Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 11:50 PM   #52
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Day one is going to end up ending on Tuesday as it looks like I may not get the roles out as early as I had hoped for tomorrow. Have to go get some sleep now and will get the roles out in the morning.

It will take a bit longer as I need to tweak some of the roles due to the smaller number of participants than I had hoped (I hoped this would have worked really well with around 20).
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 09:27 AM   #53
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

In a meeting for a couple hours, will try to get everything together and send as soon as possible. Will accept new players up until I post that I will be sending out roles.
Old 12-01-2008, 09:56 AM   #54
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

I will be updating the rules and roles a bit to help adjust the game down to the small number of players.

Summary:
- All roles cannot be used, this would lead to a mass reveal to find the demons.
- The Charmed Ones will be one entity, that person will have have the sister's abilities (basically functioning as a seer but some other aditional abilities)
- The Paige role will exist to take over for the "Charmed One" if that person is killed but with very limited abilities
- The Sea Hag role will be changed to The Source and have brutal ability plus an ability to summon a dark lighter for an attempt on Leo
- The Book of Shadows will be downplayed and only be included to add some of the game's atmosphere

I hope this does not dissapoint many or take away from the game but it was in serious need of overhaul with only 11 players in the game. I would love to have a full size version of this to see how it would play out but I hope this game turns out fun for all.
Old 12-01-2008, 10:09 AM   #55
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Roles to be sent out shortly. After all roles are sent there will be a post to begin the game and it will be game on.
Old 12-01-2008, 10:26 AM   #56
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

I'm working tonight 1-10:30pm EST but I'll be online after that.
Chubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 11:14 AM   #57
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

As evening turns into night the alcohol flows and the music blares at P3. You have all come out to relax, enjoy the night and maybe find a special someone for the night. The last thing on most minds is what was about to happen.

As the band wraps up it's last number and leaves and as the few remaining guests finish off the last of their Mojitas the night takes a drastic turn for the worse. A blood curdling scream is followed up with moments of pannick and chaos.

Not knowing what is happening you turn and run for the nearest door. You try to leave but the door does not budge. Confusion, pannick, choas, your world has gone into disarray but you do not even know why.

Everyone begins to calm and the body comes into focus, or at least parts of a body. The lead singer of the group which was entertaining the crowd just moments before was now impaled upon a spike in the middle of the stage. Oddly no-one know just what happened or who did it. Stories become hazy as some remember seeing him flinging through the air and landing on the spike which was part of the stage set they had used. No-one know who is responsible or why. Everyone knows the feeling at the pit of their stomach is one of disghust, confusion and pure terror as they now find themselves unable to leave the club and unaware of the danger which awaits them.

Just as things could not get stranger you hear a statement echo though the club "You did this!", the sounds of a struggle followed by a flash of light and a puff of smoke. As you turn there is only a bit of smoke arrising from the floor and a large burnt section on the floor with a few ashes remaining.

A shadowing figure comes into focus. The only recognizable feature is a tatoo of an eagle on his left arm. "We are stuck here, there are just two ways out. Die or eliminate those responsible." In a flash he is gone. What do you do next?
Old 12-01-2008, 11:15 AM   #58
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Roles sent, those not receiving are venilla villagers.

Game on.

Day one deadline is Tuesday Night 9 PM EST.
Old 12-01-2008, 11:38 AM   #59
The Jackal
Coordinator

I guess I'm vanilla, then. Hopefully you can run this game again with more participants.
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 11:40 AM   #60
Hannibal Lecter
High School JV

I guess I am also a vanilla!

We should make a vanilla wolf souffle!
Hannibal Lecter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 11:41 AM   #61
Hannibal Lecter
High School JV

As a point, has the front page been updated? IE there is still a Leo character? This is incredibly powerful, since only one person can kill him...
Old 12-01-2008, 11:42 AM   #62
Hannibal Lecter
High School JV

And how in the hell have I made almost as many posts as the mod
Old 12-01-2008, 11:45 AM   #63
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Checkin in as a vanilla as well.
jeheinz72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 11:56 AM   #64
hoopsguy
General Manager

Guess no PM means that I'm not one of the cool kids (on either side) this time around.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 12:06 PM   #65
Barkeep49
Coordinator

It always makes me insecure to not receive a PM at the start of a game.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 12:17 PM   #66
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Lecter View Post
As a point, has the front page been updated? IE there is still a Leo character? This is incredibly powerful, since only one person can kill him...

There may or may not be a Leo but the demons have some additional ways to deal with that as well.

Last edited by EagleFan : 12-01-2008 at 12:17 PM. Reason: font color
Old 12-01-2008, 12:45 PM   #67
Hannibal Lecter
High School JV

oh, ok, thanks EF.
Old 12-01-2008, 12:56 PM   #68
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

No PMs = no fun.

Checking in.
Old 12-01-2008, 01:32 PM   #69
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

I could send out a mass email to the vanilla villagers....
Old 12-01-2008, 01:33 PM   #70
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

I know I'd like one.

I'm lonely.

Hold me.
Old 12-01-2008, 01:37 PM   #71
Hannibal Lecter
High School JV

as long as your in a big pot!
Old 12-01-2008, 02:19 PM   #72
Hannibal Lecter
High School JV

Soooo. anything?
Old 12-01-2008, 02:28 PM   #73
RendeR
Coordinator

Hrmf, no PM for me either =(, Some birthday this turned out to be *pouts*
RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 02:53 PM   #74
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

You're old, Render.

Happy birthday
Old 12-01-2008, 03:17 PM   #75
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

It's good to see someone turn 40 before me.
Old 12-01-2008, 04:30 PM   #76
The Jackal
Coordinator

How many liars you think we have so far?
Old 12-01-2008, 04:40 PM   #77
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post

"Everybody lies." - Gregory House
Old 12-01-2008, 04:41 PM   #78
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerFanatic View Post
You're old, Render.

Happy birthday

*Sigh* I know. And thanks =)
Old 12-01-2008, 08:57 PM   #79
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post
Great question. Since you asked it I won't vote for you, but instead the second liar.

Vote Hannibal
Old 12-01-2008, 09:38 PM   #80
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Checkin in, vanilla villager here. Not sure what to make of the setup (how many of us vs how many demons) quite yet
Chubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 10:25 PM   #81
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Your day continues, almost as if in slow motion following the horrible event which you have witnessed. What seems like hours has been but just minutes as you attempt to understand the events which have unfolded in front of you.

It almost appears super-natural, as if there was some evil force behind the killing and that force has now trapped you within the walls of P3. The club which has beared witness to some of your greatest nights now appears to be your prison and could be your grave.

The silence is again broken as a body drops from the ceiling and erupts into flames. It was the drummer. You cannot erase the terror in his face as he ignited into his demise. What is doing this? What does it want? Are you next?
Old 12-01-2008, 10:28 PM   #82
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Hmm, still getting a read on things. Interesting ruleset. Not really a big fan of the show, except when they're showing a lot of cleavage (but I don't go out of my way for it, like, say, Packer Fanatic ).

Oh, vanilla-olio.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Old 12-01-2008, 10:33 PM   #83
The Jackal
Coordinator

I like the way BK's response jived.

Vote Hannibal
Old 12-01-2008, 11:50 PM   #84
Danny
Head Coach

Didn't even realize this started as I expected an email stating I got a PM when it did.

Considering this, I'm going to assume I get to pick whichever character I want to play, I would like to be a super seer with the ability to scan each player and find out what color underwear they are wearing.

Night 1, please scan The Jackal

Also, Sorry my wife never signed up, we were really busy all weekend and forgot to, maybe a future game.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 12:04 AM   #85
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Ok, so what are Barkeep and The Jackal driving at, and why are they linking themselves to one another and against a third so openly at the start?

I don't know who's telling lies here, but it seems to me to be an odd decision to make so early in the game, when the only ones in the game who likely know anything also have furry pelts and pointy teeth.

Old 12-02-2008, 06:24 AM   #86
Hannibal Lecter
High School JV

What the hell!

vote BK!
Old 12-02-2008, 07:20 AM   #87
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

The day continues to crawl in slow motion. Who can comprehend the events of the day? Why have such horrible things occured? One's worst nightmares could not have imagned what has happened. One's worst nightmares seem like a sweet dream compared to today's events.

Close your eyes and pretend that nothing has happened. Close your eyes and try to forget. You cannot. You feel evil all around. It is getting closer. It almost has you in your grip.

The lights blink. Another scream. Guitar picks scatter through the room. Something rolls off the stage. Something that you will see whenever your close your eyes for the rest of your life. The guitar player's bodiless head rolls to a stop in the dance floor.

You run but do not move. You are frozen in terror. Can you take any more? Can death be better than this? Are you next?
Old 12-02-2008, 07:22 AM   #88
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Going forward I will use this color for answers to questions, clarification of events, vote updates and general posting. The red will be storyline related only.
Old 12-02-2008, 07:25 AM   #89
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

As of post 88:

Hannibal Lecter 2 - Barkeep49 (79), The Jackal (83)
Barkeep49 1 - Hannibal Lecter (86)
Old 12-02-2008, 07:44 AM   #90
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Heading off to work. I'll be back about an hour before deadline.

Old 12-02-2008, 07:57 AM   #91
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
Hmm, still getting a read on things. Interesting ruleset. Not really a big fan of the show, except when they're showing a lot of cleavage (but I don't go out of my way for it, like, say, Packer Fanatic ).

Oh, vanilla-olio.

Hey, I never said I went out of my way for it! :-P
Old 12-02-2008, 08:22 AM   #92
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Hrm, there's breaking eggs to make an omlette and then there is two give-and-go votes for the same person late at night.

I'll be around today. Still ruminating on possibilities.
Old 12-02-2008, 08:34 AM   #93
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Our posts were, I'll point out, hours apart. I voted because it was time to start that discussion.
Old 12-02-2008, 08:36 AM   #94
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Another break in the silence. This one is not a scream but rather the sound of movement, the sound of discovery. The bass player comes forward from the corner of the room carrying something.

"Look! It's some kind of book. A Book of Shadows? I have found this in the back room. It tells of thing. It tells of evil things. It speaks of demons, warlocks and witches. It speaks of spells and potions and powers. Could this"

Darkness, a scream. A flash of light. The sound of something falling to the ground. The sound of footsteps hurrying from the room. Silence.

The lights return. There is a small puff of smoke in the center of the room. This time it is coming from the lit object held tightly in the lips of the bass player. He is alive and attempting to calm his nerves the only way he know how (he is in a band after all) but the book is gone.

"Just get it over with already." He mumbles.
Old 12-02-2008, 09:08 AM   #95
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
Our posts were, I'll point out, hours apart. I voted because it was time to start that discussion.

Yeah, I know. Like an hour and a half.

I mean on one hand, it's an overt move. But it's also so overt, especially on the part of Jackal that it's too foolish for someone to actually do.

Then again, we just saw a game where a wolf basically had a Day One pissing match with the Duke so maybe the scale of how-far-will-wolves go has tilted.

Like I said, still ruminating on if it's worth getting into those votes today or not.

Why Hannibal BK? Because he was the first checker-in'er that wasn't Jackal?
Old 12-02-2008, 09:36 AM   #96
Danny
Head Coach

Vote Lathum

No good reason, will most likely change it assuming I get a chance to log in after work and before class.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 10:06 AM   #97
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

VOTE CHIEF RUM

A fun day one vote for no particular reason (other than he inferred I watch Charmed for reasons outside of the glorious, glorious cleavage :-P)
Old 12-02-2008, 10:11 AM   #98
Hannibal Lecter
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerFanatic View Post
VOTE CHIEF RUM

A fun day one vote for no particular reason (other than he inferred I watch Charmed for reasons outside of the glorious, glorious cleavage :-P)

No need to be ashamed PF... Even an old man like me can see that the sisters are absolutely... Delicious!
Old 12-02-2008, 10:49 AM   #99
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeheinz72 View Post
Why Hannibal BK? Because he was the first checker-in'er that wasn't Jackal?

Exactly. Seems like a good of a reason as any for a D1 vote.
Old 12-02-2008, 10:51 AM   #100
Hannibal Lecter
High School JV

So becasue i checked in second? I could see voting or the first one... unless the first one is a fellow wolf.....