Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-19-2009, 08:55 PM   #301
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubb93 View Post
And now that Schmidty is here I swear that if he comes in and agrees with me completely again my head is going to explode.

KAPLOOEY!!!!!
Old 03-19-2009, 09:00 PM   #302
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

In all seriousness I'm glad you are in this game Schmidty. When I stopped playing I really missed talking to alot of my fellow players and you were without a doubt one of the ones I missed the most.
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 09:06 PM   #303
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
We now have Pass shenanigans two days in a row at lynch time I see. I understand the whole car troubles thing and hate to bust balls over something like that but how much longer can this go on before it enters the conversation?

Go ahead and bust all the balls you like. For one, I could have put in a vote before going home, and for another, I actually got home before deadline, but it wasn't until after dinner that I remembered the deadline.
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 09:12 PM   #304
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
In all seriousness I'm glad you are in this game Schmidty. When I stopped playing I really missed talking to alot of my fellow players and you were without a doubt one of the ones I missed the most.

Ah man, I love you too. You complete me in WW.
Old 03-19-2009, 09:18 PM   #305
Peregrine
Pro Starter

So, a no-lynch. Doesn't tell us anything new, but we don't lose anyone either.
Peregrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 09:34 PM   #306
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine View Post
So, a no-lynch. Doesn't tell us anything new, but we don't lose anyone either.

I really hope that is the case. Most likely though we will be at another day 2 vote tomarrow minus 1 villager. Best case though we are at a day 2 vote tomarrow with Eben having found out who the master vampire is tonight. The other option would be a day 2 vote with both Eben and the master vampire dead.
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 10:14 PM   #307
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

I would rather he find the master vampire of the two choices. Then we could get a confirm on Danny as well. Actually, a BG block would be the best of all possibilities, especially if identity is learned.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 12:19 AM   #308
The Jackal
Coordinator

There should be no delays in the morning deadline, but I'll be traveling so I won't be around much. Still have an evening deadline Friday night, then no play over the weekend.
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 02:01 AM   #309
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
:sigh: Whats the best way for a wolf to fake reveal when he is as good as dead? That would be to say he is the wife and force the husband to come out a reveal himself. The husband is the most dangerous role to the wolves at this point. And if he's gonna go why not force that reveal? With that said I'm not sure that reveal really proves anything without a husband reveal which would be awful at this point.

Seriously, do you even know the roles? The husband would NOT have to reveal. Only the wife would who has an almost pointless role. If I were a wolf faking a reveal, I would have chosen a different role I assure you.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 02:03 AM   #310
Danny
Head Coach

Dubb, not trying to sound so strong, but you are twisting things to fit your logic when they simply aren't true.
Old 03-20-2009, 08:09 AM   #311
The Jackal
Coordinator

You awake once more to find someone missing.

This time, it is EagleFan. Upon searching his house, you find nothing remarkable except for yet another severed head.

EF was a villager!

Sorry if this post didn't format correctly, ill check it out when I get back online.
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 08:26 AM   #312
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Why are vampires severing heads? Is this a movie thing?
Old 03-20-2009, 08:33 AM   #313
Passacaglia
Coordinator

I'm really not in favor of voting Abe, Chief Rum, Danny, or dubb right now. Telle got a couple votes yesterday -- can the peeps that voted for her lay out some reasoning there?
Old 03-20-2009, 10:01 AM   #314
Danny
Head Coach

I'm guessing wolves saw EF's support for me and thought he was likely my husband. You wolves think we would have been that obvious?
Old 03-20-2009, 10:57 AM   #315
Peregrine
Pro Starter

Well for Telle, I believe I mentioned her being the second vote on Abe on Day 1, and then another vote for Abe on Day 2 - neither with any real explanation. That and her general quietness. Really it just seemed to me that we needed some pressure on someone other than Abe or Danny.
Old 03-20-2009, 11:03 AM   #316
Telle
College Starter

Now that my training is wrapped up for the week I should be around most of today.. probably until about 5pm then I'll be gone until Sunday evening.
Telle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 11:06 AM   #317
Telle
College Starter

Quote:
Well for Telle, I believe I mentioned her being the second vote on Abe on Day 1, and then another vote for Abe on Day 2 - neither with any real explanation. That and her general quietness. Really it just seemed to me that we needed some pressure on someone other than Abe or Danny.

Day 1 I didn't want to widen the field to 5. So I more-or-less randomly picked one of the four already holding votes. Typical Day 1 stuff.

Day 2 I had about a half hour between training and leaving work for the day. I quickly skimmed and saw that the vote was between two people. I figured since I voted for Abe Day 1 I might as well Day 2 as well since there still didn't seem to be much to go on.

Any questions?
Old 03-20-2009, 11:25 AM   #318
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

+1

she has been kinda sketchy... and we needed an altenative!

GIT R DUN!!!
claphamsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 11:44 AM   #319
Danny
Head Coach

I still think we learn the most from lynching Abe even though I am not convinced of his guilt. I can't believe you guys went in yesterday with the tie, especially since I left plenty of time for a possible counter reveal of the wife and there wasn't one.
Old 03-20-2009, 11:50 AM   #320
Danny
Head Coach

Vote Abe Sargent

I'm not switching off. We need to know whether or not he is a wolf to make the first days of votes meaningful.
Old 03-20-2009, 11:57 AM   #321
Danny
Head Coach

When someone is a lynch candidate like Abe day after day, it's always a bad move for the village to let that keep going. Good or bad, we need to lynch Abe to find out what all of our votes so far mean.
Old 03-20-2009, 12:02 PM   #322
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
When someone is a lynch candidate like Abe day after day, it's always a bad move for the village to let that keep going. Good or bad, we need to lynch Abe to find out what all of our votes so far mean.

I know you already got in trouble for this kind of thing yesterday, but -- if Abe is a wolf, what does that mean? And if Abe is good, what does that mean?
Old 03-20-2009, 12:07 PM   #323
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
I know you already got in trouble for this kind of thing yesterday, but -- if Abe is a wolf, what does that mean? And if Abe is good, what does that mean?

If Abe is good it basically means both votes so far were meaningless to the Wolves as to them it was a villager/villager showdown. In this case, they likely tried to avoid making a deciding lynch, so could gain trust for Kwhit who did not shy away from that.

if Abe is bad, I think there are some people who I would suspect. Dubb is the most obvious, but from how strongly he has gone after me, my gut tells me he isn't. Still, he would certainly need to be looked at. We'd also have to look at Kwhit at that point and Peregrine who has under the radar managed to avoid voting for Abe or the other lynch candidate both days and is now trying to redirect attention to a new target after my reveal.

Everyone's actions could become different and more clear by knowing whether or not Abe is a wolf.
Old 03-20-2009, 12:09 PM   #324
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I'm going to take a nap and then come back and see what's what.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 12:12 PM   #325
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
If Abe is good it basically means both votes so far were meaningless to the Wolves as to them it was a villager/villager showdown. In this case, they likely tried to avoid making a deciding lynch, so could gain trust for Kwhit who did not shy away from that.

if Abe is bad, I think there are some people who I would suspect. Dubb is the most obvious, but from how strongly he has gone after me, my gut tells me he isn't. Still, he would certainly need to be looked at. We'd also have to look at Kwhit at that point and Peregrine who has under the radar managed to avoid voting for Abe or the other lynch candidate both days and is now trying to redirect attention to a new target after my reveal.

Everyone's actions could become different and more clear by knowing whether or not Abe is a wolf.

I guess part of my problem is that Abe being a wolf leads to dubb and KWhit both being wolves, and I generally hate theories that lead to getting all the wolves in one shot.
Old 03-20-2009, 12:14 PM   #326
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
I guess part of my problem is that Abe being a wolf leads to dubb and KWhit both being wolves, and I generally hate theories that lead to getting all the wolves in one shot.

And I doubt that's the case with them all linking together. But it does give us a group of players to look at and more information to go on, especially depending on which wolf Abe would be. Personally if Abe turns up bad, I may look at Peregrine before anyone else.
Old 03-20-2009, 12:24 PM   #327
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
And I doubt that's the case with them all linking together. But it does give us a group of players to look at and more information to go on, especially depending on which wolf Abe would be. Personally if Abe turns up bad, I may look at Peregrine before anyone else.

Why Peregrine and not me? I think I'm in the same category as him (never voted for Abe or any other leading vote-getter).
Old 03-20-2009, 12:28 PM   #328
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

...LOOKS AT PEREGRINE....

i just see a dude who thinks he a bird!

GIT R DUN!!!
claphamsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 12:29 PM   #329
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Why Peregrine and not me? I think I'm in the same category as him (never voted for Abe or any other leading vote-getter).

You would be on my list too . But while your votes haven't been good, you haven't been leading things anywhere. Peregrine is. Of course, it could very well be a helpful villager, but it may be something more sinister. If Abe is good then I think it is the a helpful villager situation.
Old 03-20-2009, 12:31 PM   #330
Danny
Head Coach

And really my point is that all of this analysis is pointless until we actually know whether or not Abe is good or bad.
Old 03-20-2009, 01:34 PM   #331
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

I agree with Danny, as much I am interested in hearing out these other theories on other targets (which may very well prove true). I think the Abe question needs to be answered now.

Also, I give Danny more leeway now, because I do agree that the real wife would likely counter-reveal, with little to lose for doing so at this point.

VOTE ABE SARGENT

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 01:41 PM   #332
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Chief, why weren't you inclined to give Danny some leeway once he made the reveal? Was there something that made you more worried about a fake reveal than about killing a roled villager?
Old 03-20-2009, 02:02 PM   #333
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Chief, why weren't you inclined to give Danny some leeway once he made the reveal? Was there something that made you more worried about a fake reveal than about killing a roled villager?

It was the timing, and the innocuousness of the position he claimed to be. I have seen wolves do that sort of thing too many times, and I wasn't sure an hour was enough, especially since we're not really burning up the posts in this game, to get a counter-reveal if one was coming.

Also, given the position he claimed, we lost nothing (or not very much, really) if we ended up lynching him, because it is the least powerful villager role. If it was bodyguard, for instance, I would probably have to give him leeway, even if I doubted his reveal, because that's too important a role to risk a lynch in, especially with another seemingly plausible lynch candidate available in Abe.

Now that more time has passed, it seems much more clear to me that Danny must be what he says he is.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Old 03-20-2009, 02:47 PM   #334
Peregrine
Pro Starter

Quote:

Well I just haven't bought into the whole Abe/Danny showdown, maybe that's wrong, but I feel they're probably both villagers, which is why I haven't voted for them. And bringing some pressure on another target, why is that a bad thing? I understand what you're saying about lynching Abe giving us the most info, but I still feel I have to "vote my conscience" in terms of thinking he is innocent. We've been focused on Abe the whole game now, and there are a lot of other people standing on the sidelines who could be wolves.
Old 03-20-2009, 03:01 PM   #335
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Well, I need to put in a vote in case I can't get back in time again, and since Telle is the only one who got any momentum, she makes my best "non-mainstream" candidate:

VOTE TELLE
Old 03-20-2009, 03:28 PM   #336
Peregrine
Pro Starter

Something I've been thinking about - why were those particular wolf victims killed? DT and EF were both somewhat quiet and on the fringes of the debate, and interestingly they both cast the third vote for Abe on Day 1 and 2, respectively. I can see the wolves not wanting to kill either of the main suspects, instead they are killing people who voted for Abe.

If we're dealing with a situation where the Abe/Danny showdown is a vote between villagers and the wolves are just urging it on, why do this? Why not kill the people who are voting for other people - we've reached that point by now where whatever the results of an Abe/Danny kill, it will lead to finger pointing and possibly the other one being killed - so if they're both innocent, forcing a showdown would be to the wolves advantage.

If we're dealing with a vote between a wolf and a villager, the wolves might be willing to use their kills to protect a wolf, though this is a pretty bold tip of their hand. There has been a lot of strange stuff going on in terms of protecting Abe though, like last minute votes on both Day 1 and Day 2 to save him.

Suspicious Voting:

Kwhit - last minute snipe on PB day 1, no vote day 2

Chief Rum - No vote Day 1, last minute tying vote on Danny (after his reveal) on Day 2

Passacaglia - throwaway vote for Clap Day 1, no vote Day 2

Also for completeness you could add here, Claphamsa and myself, who have not voted for the main candidates both days.
Old 03-20-2009, 03:42 PM   #337
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Chief Rum - No vote Day 1, last minute tying vote on Danny (after his reveal) on Day 2

Not denying the suspiciousness of this (or the other votes). I knew when I voted for Danny, it would be an issue (but I wasn't going to hide from the showdown--like some people have--either).

That said, I want to highlight the above, which I think is a rather blatant misrepresentation. I made my vote over 40 minutes before deadline, and with two people still to vote. There is a stigma attached to "last minute" votes, as it purports (likely correctly) that there is something sneaky going on there. So I protest to your classifying my Day 2 vote as "last minute"; it most certainly was nowhere near such.

Old 03-20-2009, 03:50 PM   #338
Poli
FOFC Survivor

I have voted Abe the past two days. Right now I don't see a reason to change that. Peregrine makes some interesting arguments, so I will hold off for now...probably until I get back from my afternoon run. At which point I'm prepared to vote most likely for Abe...and an outside chance of voting for clap.
Old 03-20-2009, 04:06 PM   #339
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

It feels like I'm being set up rather well.

I remember this game where Blade was being pinned by an orgy of evidence, and it just felt too good to be true, like an obvious set up. Every wolf kill killed someone attacking and voting for Blade and such.

I was the only one saying it was a set up, and then he was lynched, and look - he was a villager and I was right. I felt like Cassandra

I think I am being set up so that it is becoming too obvious that I am a wolf. I certainly would not have recommended EF's death if I were a wolf on the outs, its not my style. I'd have gone fishing for a role and I doubt EF was anything major.

Ah well, this is the way WW goes. Yet another Self Defense vote.

Vote Telle

Old 03-20-2009, 04:06 PM   #340
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I keep flagging my votes as black instead of as bold. Sorry about that...

Vote Telle

Old 03-20-2009, 04:20 PM   #341
Peregrine
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
Not denying the suspiciousness of this (or the other votes). I knew when I voted for Danny, it would be an issue (but I wasn't going to hide from the showdown--like some people have--either).

That said, I want to highlight the above, which I think is a rather blatant misrepresentation. I made my vote over 40 minutes before deadline, and with two people still to vote. There is a stigma attached to "last minute" votes, as it purports (likely correctly) that there is something sneaky going on there. So I protest to your classifying my Day 2 vote as "last minute"; it most certainly was nowhere near such.

Fair enough, it wasn't technically last minute, but it was the last vote cast.
Old 03-20-2009, 04:21 PM   #342
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Anybody else feel this game is a bit...underused? Like there are enough people, but not a lot of discussion?

Old 03-20-2009, 04:24 PM   #343
Telle
College Starter

VOTE ABE SARGENT
Old 03-20-2009, 04:24 PM   #344
Peregrine
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abe Sargent View Post
Anybody else feel this game is a bit...underused? Like there are enough people, but not a lot of discussion?

Definitely, it's felt very quiet to me the whole way through. There are not as many talkative people as there usually are, and quite a few who are pretty quiet.
Old 03-20-2009, 04:27 PM   #345
Peregrine
Pro Starter

I am heading out shortly and won't be back till after the lynch time. It's tough to make a vote call. I'm concerned that even if both Abe and Danny are innocent, we need some kind of resolution here. So I'm going to vote for the one that seems slightly more suspicious to me.

vote Abe Sargent
Old 03-20-2009, 04:30 PM   #346
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Yeah, we need some of the talkers in this game, but they're not in, like hoops, Lathum, Alan T, jeheinz. They tend to drive discussion, and the game is lacking for not having someone like that here.

I think it's amazing actually the volume of posts they produce in these games at times. I have done that for short stretches, and I just get worn out.

Old 03-20-2009, 04:42 PM   #347
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

It's crazy. I have the 2nd most posts in this thread. Wow! I'm always in the back half!

Old 03-20-2009, 04:46 PM   #348
Poli
FOFC Survivor

VOTE ABE SARGEANT

I can't pass up PB voting for him initially. If I were PB, I think I would be trying to get the vamps attention...and I think voting for one might do it.

I do agree. It seems most everyone is playing the UTR game...but what do I know, I'm nearly the FNG around here now.
Old 03-20-2009, 04:50 PM   #349
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

I find it interesting that the top two targets of our showdowns (Danny and Abe) are the top two posters as well. Maybe that's why everyone's quiet.

Old 03-20-2009, 04:55 PM   #350
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poli View Post
VOTE ABE SARGEANT

I can't pass up PB voting for him initially. If I were PB, I think I would be trying to get the vamps attention...and I think voting for one might do it.

I do agree. It seems most everyone is playing the UTR game...but what do I know, I'm nearly the FNG around here now.

I would appreciate it if you spelled my last name correctly . Decades of people mispelling it is annoying.