Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-22-2006, 08:07 PM   #1
Groundhog
Coordinator

Strange Dreams

So last night I had a weird dream. I can't remember much of it, but in one part someone handed me a can of coke or pepsi, and after having a few sips through a straw I noticed that the straw was laced with something. Somehow I found out it was some nasty drug - heroin, I think - and so I started to spit to get it out of my mouth… except I actually spat in real life, too… all over my pillow. Only did it once, and this woke me up, but still… very gross.

Anyone else every done anything like this? I'm pretty sure I never have, outside of suddenly jerking sometimes when I happen to be running or jumping in a dream.

Groundhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 08:11 PM   #2
NoMyths
Poet in Residence

Probably had a spider climb into your mouth. I'm told that happens on average 1-2 times a year.
NoMyths is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 08:11 PM   #3
TheOhioStateUniversity
High School Varsity

I had some kind of dream where a bird was either attacking me or flying close to my head. I jumped out of bed swatting around my head because I thought I heard the fluttering wings.
Old 05-22-2006, 08:12 PM   #4
NoMyths
Poet in Residence

Alternately, if you have a male roommate, you might have to ask him some hard questions.
NoMyths is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 08:24 PM   #5
Rizon
Pro Starter

I have bizarre ones almost every night. Sometimes up to 8 different ones. I should really write them down and sell them in a book, because some make for damn good horror stories.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicane75 View Post
I don't think I'd stop even if I found a dick.
Rizon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 08:44 PM   #6
Easy Mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rizon
I have bizarre ones almost every night. Sometimes up to 8 different ones. I should really write them down and sell them in a book, because some make for damn good horror stories.

Yeah, I'm the same way. Mine aren't really scary or anything, but I'll have a few every night that are just weird. I actually started having these every night as soon as I started Prozac. I've kind of gotten used to having very detailed dreams every night, but its still pretty annoying, because I wake up kind of tired, i feel like I didn't really sleep.
Easy Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 09:19 PM   #7
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy Mac
Yeah, I'm the same way. Mine aren't really scary or anything, but I'll have a few every night that are just weird. I actually started having these every night as soon as I started Prozac. I've kind of gotten used to having very detailed dreams every night, but its still pretty annoying, because I wake up kind of tired, i feel like I didn't really sleep.

Prozac and other SSRI's can induce more vivid dreams.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 09:35 PM   #8
Rizon
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy Mac

Yup, if mine are really crazy or I have a bunch I wake up more tired than when I went to bed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicane75 View Post
I don't think I'd stop even if I found a dick.
Rizon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 09:39 PM   #9
Solecismic
Solecismic Software

Anyhow, that's a classic trust dream. You're worried about some advice you were recently given. Probably not on a message board.

If you could remember whether it was Coke or Pepsi, it would help.
Solecismic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 09:52 PM   #10
Easy Mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27
Prozac and other SSRI's can induce more vivid dreams.

yeah, unfortunately that was one of the side effects i didn't pay attention to when looking over stuff. Its pretty benign, especially compared to the theoretical others I missed (impotence...). Still, it takes its toll every now and again, so much so that I occasionally don't want to sleep just so i don't have to dream.
Easy Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 09:53 PM   #11
Groundhog
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solecismic
Anyhow, that's a classic trust dream. You're worried about some advice you were recently given. Probably not on a message board.

If you could remember whether it was Coke or Pepsi, it would help.

Interesting... and I probably know what it is, too.

No idea if it was Coke of Pepsi, that's just a guess. I just know it was some sort of soda.
Old 05-23-2006, 10:39 AM   #12
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

A dream I had the other night...

I was checking into a motel that was owned by a friend. The place was one story, but super nice, five star kind of place. As I am walking to my room I am looking into people's windows (yes I'm a perv thank you). I get to my room, which is about twice the size of my house. I go in and get paranoid that the lady next to my room saw me looking into her room and is coming after me.

So at this point I start to look for a place to hide. I go into what had been the living room area, but it is now some huge thrift store or something like that. Nothing but racks and racks of clothes, and clothes racks along the walls. I am walking along and get near one of the walls, and hiding under some of the clothes hanging by the wall is Larry Bird huddled up and crying because he is scared of someone coming for him. Someone is coming, so I duck under a rack of clothes. I then see Larry Bird get taken away by two guys from ESPN, Larry still crying.

At this point I get up and go outside, and find myself on a basketball court. Next thing I know I am in the middle of a game of horse with Elgin Baylor and Walt Frazier. In the middle of the game I woke up.

I rarely have 'stars' in my dreams, and I am not even a fan of the NBA so I thought it was odd.
Old 05-23-2006, 10:47 AM   #13
Solecismic
Solecismic Software

This type of dream is more common than you'd think (though most of us have not dreamed about Elgin Baylor). It's basically an aspirations dream.

The recurring theme is things you hope for. A luxury hotel. A forbidden glance at a woman undressing. Basketball stars. The key here is that they appear larger than life. Your room is huge. It becomes a huge store.

Putting it together, there's something your friend has that would like to own as well. But Larry Bird, someone you respect and is actually your size in the dream, is upset. He represents your frustration that you know you can't have or afford what you want.
Old 05-23-2006, 10:50 AM   #14
Franklinnoble
Banned

Quote:
This type of dream is more common than you'd think (though most of us have not dreamed about Elgin Baylor). It's basically an aspirations dream.

The recurring theme is things you hope for. A luxury hotel. A forbidden glance at a woman undressing. Basketball stars. The key here is that they appear larger than life. Your room is huge. It becomes a huge store.

Putting it together, there's something your friend has that would like to own as well. But Larry Bird, someone you respect and is actually your size in the dream, is upset. He represents your frustration that you know you can't have or afford what you want.

Insert Front Office Freud joke here...
Franklinnoble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2006, 10:52 AM   #15
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

Huh, and here I always thought I was happy with where I have gotten in life considering I was dirt poor at one point. I have always taken pride in my 'blue collar-ness'.

Maybe it's my desire to pay off some of those bills though.

More people should dream about Elgin though, he gives you a challenging game of horse.
Old 05-23-2006, 11:28 AM   #16
judicial clerk
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
So last night I had a weird dream. I can't remember much of it, but in one part someone handed me a can of coke or pepsi, and after having a few sips through a straw I noticed that the straw was laced with something. Somehow I found out it was some nasty drug - heroin, I think - and so I started to spit to get it out of my mouth… except I actually spat in real life, too… all over my pillow. Only did it once, and this woke me up, but still… very gross.

Anyone else every done anything like this? I'm pretty sure I never have, outside of suddenly jerking sometimes when I happen to be running or jumping in a dream.

so, in your dream, someone hands you something, you start sucking on it, you try to spit out the wierd stuff coming into your mouth, and you wake up with some organic liquid spewed on your pillow.

Um, see post #4.
judicial clerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2006, 11:36 AM   #17
rkmsuf
Head Coach

I once dreamed a hamburger was eathing ME.
Old 05-23-2006, 11:39 AM   #18
Franklinnoble
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkmsuf
I once dreamed a hamburger was eathing ME.

You have a lisp in your dreams?
Old 05-23-2006, 11:40 AM   #19
rkmsuf
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franklinnoble
You have a lisp in your dreams?

lol

I also ate some robster craws.
Old 05-23-2006, 12:43 PM   #20
Franklinnoble
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkmsuf
lol

I also ate some robster craws.

Wait... so you're an asian guy with a lisp now?

Man... I'd love to see Jim analyze that...
Old 05-23-2006, 12:43 PM   #21
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

The other night I had a dream that the roof of our new house started leaking. I went to put a bucket under it, and the entire roof started melting and collapsing around me like a gelatinous blob.
Old 05-23-2006, 12:47 PM   #22
Franklinnoble
Banned

Quote:
The other night I had a dream that the roof of our new house started leaking. I went to put a bucket under it, and the entire roof started melting and collapsing around me like a gelatinous blob.

You're worried about Nagin getting re-elected, even though you don't live in New Orleans anymore.
Old 05-23-2006, 12:52 PM   #23
Anthony
Banned

i have a reoccuring dream that Solecismic will release/announce a new game, but alas, such is the folly that could only be found in dreams.
Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2006, 12:53 PM   #24
Solecismic
Solecismic Software

Quote:

Stress dream. An offshot of the most-common (I think) category, which is anxiety dream. Anxiety dreams are the ones where you're naked in a public place, or some similar experience.

You're worried that mounting reponsibilities will cause your life to come crashing down around you.
Old 05-23-2006, 12:54 PM   #25
Solecismic
Solecismic Software

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hell Atlantic
i have a reoccuring dream that Solecismic will release/announce a new game, but alas, such is the folly that could only be found in dreams.

That's a troll dream. What it means is that you enjoy trolling message boards until you get a reaction. This response should satisfy you for a few days, but I doubt you'll have a permanent respite.
Old 05-23-2006, 12:56 PM   #26
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
That's a troll dream. What it means is that you enjoy trolling message boards until you get a reaction. This response should satisfy you for a few days, but I doubt you'll have a permanent respite.

By the way, I studied dream analysis during my residency and agree with all of your interpertations at least with the limited data I have.
Old 05-23-2006, 01:00 PM   #27
Anthony
Banned

Quote:
That's a troll dream.

you're quite good at this. indeed, there is a troll in my dream. he promises me news about his upcoming game, he says "the answer to your questions are in this envelope" and when i frantically steal the envelope from his hands to unveil the news i've been waiting for i look inside and it's a pic of his house.

i have to keep reminding myself it's just a dream.
Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2006, 01:34 PM   #28
Lorena
Unregistered

A lot of my dreams involve some kind of nudity or losing teeth. In my naked dreams, I'm the only one that seems to notice my lack of clothing... no one else seems to notice.

I've had my share of weird dreams, but I also have lucid dreaming... it's quite fun. I've been known to have a few "psychic" dreams as well. While working for a medical billing company, I dreamt I got fired. The following day, we found out the company went bankrupt. Not quite psychic, but pretty close...
Lorena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 09:00 PM   #29
Noop
Bonafide Seminole Fan

Okay I have been dreaming that I have won the lotto for the pass few months. One dream I was on my computer and had a ticket in my hand while looking at the Florida lotto website. I keep looking at the ticket and then the screen then in disbelief.

I don't feel happy about winning either because I feel like I wasted my time going to school. Anyone know what that hell that means?
Old 07-12-2010, 09:27 PM   #30
Drake
assmaster

NoMyths' posts in this thread are classic.
Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 09:35 PM   #31
Groundhog
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noop View Post
Okay I have been dreaming that I have won the lotto for the pass few months. One dream I was on my computer and had a ticket in my hand while looking at the Florida lotto website. I keep looking at the ticket and then the screen then in disbelief.

I don't feel happy about winning either because I feel like I wasted my time going to school. Anyone know what that hell that means?

If you could please PM the numbers you chose in both dreams, that'd be super, thanks.
Old 07-12-2010, 09:40 PM   #32
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groundhog View Post
If you could please PM the numbers you chose in both dreams, that'd be super, thanks.

4 8 15 16 23 42
Old 07-12-2010, 09:52 PM   #33
Groundhog
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Tzu View Post
4 8 15 16 23 42

Strange thing is, I don't even watch the show and for some reason I straight away knew those numbers were going to be Lost-related before googling.
Old 07-12-2010, 10:07 PM   #34
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groundhog View Post
Strange thing is, I don't even watch the show and for some reason I straight away knew those numbers were going to be Lost-related before googling.

Another strange this is...

Long before LOST was ever a tv series, those were my Wife and I's lotto numbers.

minus the 4...in it's place we play a different number. Still...8 15 16 23 42...weird.
Old 07-14-2010, 11:25 AM   #35
molson
General Manager

Last night I had a dream that I was in a 6-way MMA fight with Brock Lesnar, Kurt Angle, some huge, generic MMA fighter, and two of my friends. My goal was to try to stay out of the way and hope that they stayed busy with each other . It worked for a little while. Then Lesnar and Angle would attack me, but I would just kind of hold on and squirm around and wasn't badly injured. I was way impressed with myself and though at the time, wow, people are going to think I'm the shit.

Another dream I have all the time, at least once a month, is that I'm back in school, the semester is winding down, and I've only been to math class a couple of times. I go over all these scenerios in my head about the grading procedures, missed work, whether I can make anything up. It's so stressful that a lot of times when I'm awake, that stress comes up in my head again, until I suddenly realize that I'm not in school anymore. Which is an awesome feeling.

Last edited by molson : 07-14-2010 at 11:26 AM.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 12:14 PM   #36
wishbone
High School JV

After putting in my notice at work a lady told me about a dream she had where I had come to work with a gun and started shooting people. I shot her in the forehead from a few feet away and she fell down then I went outside and shot a guy mowing his lawn and ran off down the street. She gets up and her head hurts a lot but no one seems to care. She calls her ex-boyfriend and asks him to take her to the hospital, but he says he has to get his laundry done and asks if going to the hospital can wait. She talks to several other people and basically gets the same reaction. Finally one of her good friends takes her to the hospital and she gets told that everything is fine and that the bullet didn't hurt her brain. She was very relieved and woke up.
wishbone is offline   Reply With Quote