knives out

st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2006, 02:05 PM   #2
st.cronin
General Manager

Internet blows CIA agents' cover
CIA headquarters at Langley, Virginia
The CIA, based in Langley, Virginia, may have to update its methods
The Chicago Tribune says it has compiled a list of 2,653 CIA employees, just by searching the internet.

The newspaper said it gathered the information from online services that compile public data, that any fee-paying subscriber can access.

It did not publish the names, at the CIA's request. Many of the agents are believed to be covert. The paper also located two dozen "secret" facilities.

A CIA spokeswoman admitted the internet had scuppered some of its methods.

"Cover is a complex issue that is more complex in the internet age," said Jennifer Dyck.

"There are things that worked previously that no longer work. [CIA Director Porter] Goss is committed to modernising the way the agency does cover in order to protect our officers who are doing dangerous work."

Ms Dyck declined to detail the remedies "since we don't want the bad guys to know what we're fixing".

Terror targets?

The Chicago Tribune article was headlined: "Internet blows CIA cover."

It began: "She is 52 years old, married, grew up in the Kansas City suburbs and now lives in Virginia, in a new three-bedroom house."

It went on to explain that the online service describes the woman in question as a CIA employee who has been assigned to several American embassies in Europe.

The CIA confirmed that she was a covert operative.

The paper also identified facilities in Chicago, northern Virginia, Florida, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Utah and Washington state. It said some were heavily guarded, but others appeared outwardly to be private residences.

Asked how so many personal details of CIA employees had found their way into the public domain, a senior US intelligence official told the Tribune "I don't have a great explanation, quite frankly".

Asked about fears that the details might be accessed by terrorist groups, he replied: "I don't know whether al-Qaeda could do this, but the Chinese could."

The disclosure comes as the US justice department continues an investigation into whether members of the Bush administration deliberately exposed the identity of CIA operative Valerie Plame.

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2006, 02:19 PM   #3
Desnudo
Coordinator

lol, wtf
Desnudo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2006, 02:58 PM   #4
Antmeister
Pro Starter

Huh?
Old 03-12-2006, 04:40 PM   #5
Desnudo
Coordinator

Making fun of his title
Desnudo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2006, 04:43 PM   #6
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

and yet we still can't like...use the internet for find Bin Laden or anything?
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2006, 05:07 PM   #7
Lorena
Unregistered

omg
Lorena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2006, 08:53 PM   #8
PineTar
High School JV

bbq
PineTar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2006, 09:06 PM   #9
Lorena
Unregistered

roflmao
Lorena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2006, 09:08 PM   #10
Ironhead
College Prospect

BCS...wtf?
Ironhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2006, 09:12 PM   #11
BishopMVP
Coordinator

It's articles like this I point to when people start talking about large government conspiracies.
BishopMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2006, 09:22 PM   #12
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

So I don't have any evidnece that I can share, but trust me that this is true.

In the seventies the NSA created a special program to track our intelligence officers. This came after a few high profile CIA killings and a congressional probe. The idea was to track these agents and keep tabs on them if they were about to do something embarassing to the country. It was authorized by Carter and only known by the NSA, Carter and Kissinger who first suggested it. Some people think Nixon was also involved, but that seems doubtful.

So the program took off until Reagan's second term. A little known part of the Arms for Hostages deal was giving the names and locations of 75% of the CIA's operatives to the Isrealis. We were tied very closely to the Isrealis and some thought that they had this info anyway, so no loss. Rep. Charlie Wilson from Texas played a part in carrying the info to the Isrealis during one of his trips to Afghanistan.

With him on that trip was a Greek businessman that had ties to the royal family of the UAE. The businessman was able to steal a copy of the CIA names list. He took a copy that Rep. Wilson never noticed was missing and he gave it to the UAE approxiamately two years later. At a meeting in Yugoslavia the UAE was given the list of 75% of the CIA's operatives.

The UAE has had this list for over a decade and has been waiting for a time to use it to their advantage. When the xenophobes in the U.S. Congress and the public sabotaged the Dubai Ports World deal the royal family knew it was time to act. Using contacts from Jordan and Syria attending school at MIT, they put the names on the internet, backdating web pages to look more authentic.
Old 03-12-2006, 09:51 PM   #13
Groundhog
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhillips
So I don't have any evidnece that I can share, but trust me that this is true.

In the seventies the NSA created a special program to track our intelligence officers. This came after a few high profile CIA killings and a congressional probe. The idea was to track these agents and keep tabs on them if they were about to do something embarassing to the country. It was authorized by Carter and only known by the NSA, Carter and Kissinger who first suggested it. Some people think Nixon was also involved, but that seems doubtful.

So the program took off until Reagan's second term. A little known part of the Arms for Hostages deal was giving the names and locations of 75% of the CIA's operatives to the Isrealis. We were tied very closely to the Isrealis and some thought that they had this info anyway, so no loss. Rep. Charlie Wilson from Texas played a part in carrying the info to the Isrealis during one of his trips to Afghanistan.

With him on that trip was a Greek businessman that had ties to the royal family of the UAE. The businessman was able to steal a copy of the CIA names list. He took a copy that Rep. Wilson never noticed was missing and he gave it to the UAE approxiamately two years later. At a meeting in Yugoslavia the UAE was given the list of 75% of the CIA's operatives.

The UAE has had this list for over a decade and has been waiting for a time to use it to their advantage. When the xenophobes in the U.S. Congress and the public sabotaged the Dubai Ports World deal the royal family knew it was time to act. Using contacts from Jordan and Syria attending school at MIT, they put the names on the internet, backdating web pages to look more authentic.

I'M A BELIEVER!