Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-12-2006, 09:04 PM   #1
Easy Mac

Free Ride (Fox TV)

OK, not going to say this is a good show, but this is a show FOX needs to let grow. A nice, somewhat charming lead in the guy. He's likeable. Amber is cute as his romantic foil. She's not too hot/unattainable. The family is quirky, over the tops, but funny nonetheless. Dove is a problem point, but eh. The show is funny. Sometimes its a little too much, that at times when they go for the big laugh they miss, but the more subtle interplay is great.

Unfortunately, given the shit FOX put AD through (a far better show), I give this show one more week. Sad, since it could grow into a solid show.

And yes, I assume most people have no idea what most of this is about.

Easy Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 10:42 AM   #2
Fidatelo
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy Mac
OK, not going to say this is a good show, but this is a show FOX needs to let grow. A nice, somewhat charming lead in the guy. He's likeable. Amber is cute as his romantic foil. She's not too hot/unattainable. The family is quirky, over the tops, but funny nonetheless. Dove is a problem point, but eh. The show is funny. Sometimes its a little too much, that at times when they go for the big laugh they miss, but the more subtle interplay is great.

Unfortunately, given the shit FOX put AD through (a far better show), I give this show one more week. Sad, since it could grow into a solid show.

And yes, I assume most people have no idea what most of this is about.
I caught an episode last night and was impressed. I started watching midway through, and I didn't know what I was watching. Some of the lines had me in stitches, and by the end I had to google the TV station's programming line up because I needed to know what it was called. My point? I think it's a good show, but it will definately be cancelled.
"Breakfast? Breakfast schmekfast, look at the score for God's sake. It's only the second period and I'm winning 12-2. Breakfasts come and go, Rene, but Hartford, the Whale, they only beat Vancouver maybe once or twice in a lifetime."
Fidatelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 10:55 AM   #3
KevinNU7
College Starter

I don't really understand FOX. I love the comedies that they put out, they are always so original. But for whatever reason they always kill their shows way too early.