Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-30-2006, 06:26 PM   #1101
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
This made me mad. He didn't lie just to protect raiders. He lied to incriminate me. Let's not forget until I had a calvacade of people come forward to vouch for me, the reason I was trying not to do a hard defense since I hoped the vote simply wouldn't pick up much steam, I was set to be lynched nearly exclusively because of what Blade said.

Then there is Alan. For whatever reason Alan tried hard to pretend he hadn't been to a prostitue. I guess I just wasn't that good. For whatever reason he told me about his rounders dream. The whole thing was strange and was very different than the flavor I've gotten on my 3 other visits (hoops is right that I had two clients last night).

Blade is all happy like over his catching of Alan in a supposed lie, but his lie over the murder situation makes me uneasy to say the least. I'm around until lynch, but at this point and time I would cast my vote against Blade rather than Alan perhaps over his own intentionally misleading attempt to get me killed.

You told me something too last night. My talking about you I feared would make it too obvious what the other person's role is on an accident I made earlier in an assumption. I figured I wouldn't call on you to vouch for me since I didn't want to out the other person. I honestly am a common londoner, so losing me to catch someone else in a lie is not a bad gamble. I would make that gamble with someone else in any game when its a person claiming a normal role vs someone claiming a special role, so it would be hypocritical of me to think otherwise here. Im normal, so losing me doesn't lose a special role.

I honestly don't mind dying, I just dont want it to be a run away. I want people to put their stake on who they believe so something can be learned from my death. I do mind dying in a senseless runaway death that doesnt help us. I feel if the vote is close, it helps us alot more than otherwise.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 06:27 PM   #1102
hoopsguy
General Manager

Barkeep, can you tell us what you learned about each of your clients so far? I think I know the info on three of them from earlier in the thread, but would like a recap all in one post if you don't mind putting it out there.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 06:28 PM   #1103
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade6119 View Post
My urchin saw raiders spending money on night 1, and he spent it on something i dont think a bad guy would spend it on as per the intial rules.

Trying to read through the thread to catch up but this caught my eye.

Also, there's a reason why I didn't defend myself today. I told y'all that I'd be out until about 7 EST at work.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 06:29 PM   #1104
hoopsguy
General Manager

Alan, can you give me a rundown of your finances, from start to now?

Start with x
Pay urchin, down to y
Visit den, down to z
Robbed, down to 0
Recover some money, up to #

Etc, etc.
Old 11-30-2006, 06:30 PM   #1105
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Alan T - Daddy Torgo, Blade, Cronin, Mr. W, Hoopsguy, Path

Blade - AlanT, Dubb

Raiders Army - LSG

Am i missing anything?

I voted for LSG before I left this morning.
Old 11-30-2006, 06:35 PM   #1106
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post

Start with x
Pay urchin, down to y
Visit den, down to z
Robbed, down to 0

Etc, etc.

I technically didn't hit 0 when I was robbed. I never said I lost all of my money there.

Night 0 I did nothing so had 10 shillings
Day 1 got 3 more shillings at the end of the day I think? I actually asked CR clarification on when the payday happened every day and if he had any rough guideline on how much is normal spending for an urchin so I had an idea what to spend (I wasn't clear that we were competing against so many others at the time like I am now).

CR said he couldnt answer the second question but the first question I get paid at the end of the day so I assume that means lynch time.

So.. day 1 at lynch I had 13 shillings then. I offered some for an urchin and used 5 for the opium den night 1.

I came back and found I was robbed and ended night 1 with 5 shillings.

End of day 2 I got 3 more which would be 8 shillings, but I spent 5 more last night as you now know on the worst lover I've had since my ex-wife.

My PM from last night said I have 3 shillings and would have 6 tonight.
Old 11-30-2006, 06:35 PM   #1107
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Well I'll give you 3 of 4 visits:

Path -- Learned where he lives. I see no reason to make that info public at this time, especially as path has indicated he doesn't want it out there.

Bullet -- He is as common as I am pretty

Alan -- Learned about this rounders thing.

It seems as though I don't learn what info I give up, which is frustrating. So I've told alan something, but I'm not sure what I've told him. I think my other johns have revealed what I told them.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 06:36 PM   #1108
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

I'm willing to move off of Alan, but not onto Blade.

Thanks to my FOFC Hattrick supporters - Blackout, Brillig, kingfc22, RPI-fan, Rich1033, antbacker, One_to7, ur_land, KevinNU7, and TonyR (PM me if you support me and I've missed you)
Mr. Wednesday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 06:37 PM   #1109
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Okay. All caught up. I can tell you that voting for Blade is probably a mistake. I can tell you that voting for me is definitely a mistake. I have increased my circle of trust to:

Barkeep
hoops
Blade
path
bulletsponge
Mr. Wednesday
st. cronin
Daddy Torgo
dubb
Schmidty
saldana
DC
Izulde

That leaves LSG, Alan T, and Swaggs. I am reasonably sure (if the extended trust list is right) that at least two of them are evil. There may be someone on the trust list that is evil, but I don't know. I'm good for voting for any of the three of them. Since LSG isn't getting any votes, I'll

UNVOTE LSG
VOTE ALAN T
Old 11-30-2006, 06:38 PM   #1110
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Alan, do you feel that you can say whose role you were worried about blowing, since it's obviously not your own or Barkeep's?

Thanks to my FOFC Hattrick supporters - Blackout, Brillig, kingfc22, RPI-fan, Rich1033, antbacker, One_to7, ur_land, KevinNU7, and TonyR (PM me if you support me and I've missed you)
Old 11-30-2006, 06:38 PM   #1111
Blade6119
Coordinator

Raiders, do you understand why i said what i said? Im hoping we understand each other
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 06:38 PM   #1112
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Well I'll give you 3 of 4 visits:

Path -- Learned where he lives. I see no reason to make that info public at this time, especially as path has indicated he doesn't want it out there.

Bullet -- He is as common as I am pretty

Alan -- Learned about this rounders thing.

It seems as though I don't learn what info I give up, which is frustrating. So I've told alan something, but I'm not sure what I've told him. I think my other johns have revealed what I told them.

Well if I tell you, then it will out someone else's role.. I partially expect they know I know so will leave it up to them if they want me to out it. To help you out barkeep, I find it likely that you know this person's role obviously in order to tell me. So I dont know how many roles you -know- but maybe that helps narrow it down for you some.
Old 11-30-2006, 06:39 PM   #1113
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Raiders, do you understand why i said what i said? Im hoping we understand each other

Roger
Old 11-30-2006, 06:39 PM   #1114
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

RA, I think it would be a mistake to assume that the supposed commonpeople are all what they seem.

Old 11-30-2006, 06:39 PM   #1115
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:

Start with x
Pay urchin, down to y
Visit den, down to z
Robbed, down to 0

Etc, etc.
Hoops if you're going after all this information I think it's time you come clean yourself.
Old 11-30-2006, 06:39 PM   #1116
Raiders Army
Coordinator

I gotta play Marvel Ultimate Alliance with my son. I'll be back in a bit.
Old 11-30-2006, 06:40 PM   #1117
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Dola, so if you are saying that you trust them, should I infer that you know something that I don't?

Old 11-30-2006, 06:40 PM   #1118
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wednesday View Post
Alan, do you feel that you can say whose role you were worried about blowing, since it's obviously not your own or Barkeep's?

I honestly thought they had previously revealed it before I kinda goofed today. It might have been subtle enough that others didnt notice.. Im not sure. I guess I wasn't suprised to find it out so something in my head thought it was already out.

I will say I don't understand why they are keeping it a secret, but its their role and while losing me isnt a huge deal, losing them Im not sure if its as good.
Old 11-30-2006, 06:40 PM   #1119
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Barkeep, hoops isn't on the block and Alan is.

Old 11-30-2006, 06:41 PM   #1120
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Dola, so if you are saying that you trust them, should I infer that you know something that I don't?

is this to me or someone else?
Old 11-30-2006, 06:41 PM   #1121
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Alan, I'm not asking you to reveal what the role is, or even any circumstances around your learning it. All I'm asking is if you can indicate which player it is?

e.g. "I think it's Mr. Wednesday's role that I would be revealing."
or, "No, I think even saying who it is would be too much information."

Old 11-30-2006, 06:42 PM   #1122
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
Well if I tell you, then it will out someone else's role.. I partially expect they know I know so will leave it up to them if they want me to out it. To help you out barkeep, I find it likely that you know this person's role obviously in order to tell me. So I dont know how many roles you -know- but maybe that helps narrow it down for you some.
Weird. I only know bullet's role. I just went and reread all of them. So unless it's bullets role (which I've already publicly stated) then somehow I told you something that I am not myself aware of as a player.
Old 11-30-2006, 06:42 PM   #1123
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
I technically didn't hit 0 when I was robbed. I never said I lost all of my money there.

Day 1 got 3 more shillings at the end of the day I think? I actually asked CR clarification on when the payday happened every day and if he had any rough guideline on how much is normal spending for an urchin so I had an idea what to spend (I wasn't clear that we were competing against so many others at the time like I am now).

CR said he couldnt answer the second question but the first question I get paid at the end of the day so I assume that means lynch time.

So.. day 1 at lynch I had 13 shillings then. I offered some for an urchin and used 5 for the opium den night 1.

End of day 2 I got 3 more which would be 8 shillings, but I spent 5 more last night as you now know on the worst lover I've had since my ex-wife.

My PM from last night said I have 3 shillings and would have 6 tonight.

Day 1 at lynch you had 13 shillings - you offered 7 for an urchin based on your earlier post, then 5 for opium den. That should leave you with 1. And if you were robbed there would only be one to take.

What am I missing here?
Old 11-30-2006, 06:42 PM   #1124
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Its to RA

Mr. W: Using your own argument, RA isnt on the block, Alan is
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
Old 11-30-2006, 06:43 PM   #1125
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Barkeep, hoops isn't on the block and Alan is.
I hear ya but it wasn't just alan he's been pushing for. I just quoted that.
Old 11-30-2006, 06:43 PM   #1126
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Quote:
If it had actually been a dola, rather than two posts slipping in between, it would have been apparent that I was addressing RA.

He's got a bunch of people that I've not made out to be anything more than clients of the various working women, either by observation or admission, and I wanted to know if he was merely infering trust from that, or if he had additional information.

Old 11-30-2006, 06:43 PM   #1127
hoopsguy
General Manager

BK, can you reveal what type of information you learned about the other john? Don't name him, but indicate something like:
- learned where he lived
- learned a role
- learned that he is a sexual deviant

Whatever broad category of knowledge you learned, if you don't feel this is too damning.
Old 11-30-2006, 06:44 PM   #1128
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Alan, I'm not asking you to reveal what the role is, or even any circumstances around your learning it. All I'm asking is if you can indicate which player it is?

e.g. "I think it's Mr. Wednesday's role that I would be revealing."
or, "No, I think even saying who it is would be too much information."

If I say who it is, the role will be obvious. I've been pretty transparent about my beliefs of everyone this game. So wasn't holding it back.

Blade is right, I did make a mistake today, but saying I tried to get an orphan day 1 wasn't it. I'll respect the other person and expect they know who Im talking about. If they dont want it out, I'll go to my death with it held in. I honestly don't know why they are hiding it, but so be it.
Old 11-30-2006, 06:44 PM   #1129
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Day 1 at lynch you had 13 shillings - you offered 7 for an urchin based on your earlier post, then 5 for opium den. That should leave you with 1. And if you were robbed there would only be one to take.

What am I missing here?
Hmm. This is a money thing seems to be fairly damning since I know he had 5 shillings for me last night. The whole accounting thing doesn't seem to add up. I'm buying it, though I am still pissy towards Blade.

Vote Alan T
Old 11-30-2006, 06:45 PM   #1130
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:

What am I missing here?
And someone else notices his numbers dont work...
Demotivation
Old 11-30-2006, 06:45 PM   #1131
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Quote:
Its to RA

Mr. W: Using your own argument, RA isnt on the block, Alan is
Is this in reference to my pressing Alan for a name, or RA for whether he has additional information that would clear the folks that seem to be commoners?

Old 11-30-2006, 06:45 PM   #1132
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
BK, can you reveal what type of information you learned about the other john? Don't name him, but indicate something like:
- learned where he lived
- learned a role
- learned that he is a sexual deviant

Whatever broad category of knowledge you learned, if you don't feel this is too damning.
I learned what he saw that night and something else which might be significant, or might not be. I'm hoping I run into him again and get further refinement.
Old 11-30-2006, 06:46 PM   #1133
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

What am I missing here?

My understanding are the bribes aren't done in person. I have no idea who I was trying to bribe or if its even an ordinary player or a NPC. From what I understand, you leave it for them and come back later to see if it was taken or not.
Old 11-30-2006, 06:46 PM   #1134
hoopsguy
General Manager

BK, if you really think there is value in me "coming clean" I will. I have felt that there was greater value in me retaining some level of mystery about what my role may be.

I'm pretty sure you already know what my role is, so I'm a little surprised you are asking for this, though ...
Old 11-30-2006, 06:46 PM   #1135
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Is this in reference to my pressing Alan for a name, or RA for whether he has additional information that would clear the folks that seem to be commoners?

RA
Demotivation
Old 11-30-2006, 06:46 PM   #1136
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Dola -- What he saw was Izulde's getting arrested, suggesting that happened during the first half of the night.
Old 11-30-2006, 06:47 PM   #1137
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Weird. I only know bullet's role. I just went and reread all of them. So unless it's bullets role (which I've already publicly stated) then somehow I told you something that I am not myself aware of as a player.

Its not bullet.. and it says very clearly you tell me player X is a Y
Old 11-30-2006, 06:48 PM   #1138
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
My understanding are the bribes aren't done in person. I have no idea who I was trying to bribe or if its even an ordinary player or a NPC. From what I understand, you leave it for them and come back later to see if it was taken or not.

So if you have a lower bid, you don't end up losing the money? This should be pretty easy to verify from others who have pursued the urchins ...
Old 11-30-2006, 06:48 PM   #1139
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
BK, if you really think there is value in me "coming clean" I will. I have felt that there was greater value in me retaining some level of mystery about what my role may be.

I'm pretty sure you already know what my role is, so I'm a little surprised you are asking for this, though ...
I do know what your role is, you're right. I suppose that's what I could have passed on to Alan T. I don't think you gain the advantage you think you do, but I will defer to your judgement. It would just be a shame for you to die anyway with so much knowledge.
Old 11-30-2006, 06:48 PM   #1140
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:

My PM states quite clearly to do the action i will stop and orphan and bribe him(clearly implies in person). At the end of the night, i will either get my money back at my place of residence or a note.

But my PM at least seems very clear i offer it in person.
Demotivation
Old 11-30-2006, 06:49 PM   #1141
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Its not bullet.. and it says very clearly you tell me player X is a Y
Yeah I realized I'm a dolt when talking with hoops.
Old 11-30-2006, 06:49 PM   #1142
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

I saw the arrest early, then saw the event in Bishopsgate later.

Old 11-30-2006, 06:54 PM   #1143
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:

Quote:
My PM states quite clearly to do the action i will stop and orphan and bribe him(clearly implies in person). At the end of the night, i will either get my money back at my place of residence or a note.

But my PM at least seems very clear i offer it in person.

it is clear to me that the bribe is done in person as well...i did get my money back the day i lost the bid though...alan saying he didnt do his in person makes me feel alot better about my vote

thats 2 mistakes.
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 06:55 PM   #1144
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Quote:

Alan, here's the math problem.

You start with 13 shillings.
Offer 7 as a bribe, spend 5 on the den, leaving one.
Then you get robbed.
And your offer was not accepted.
Conceivable results:
one -- the seven was stolen.
seven -- the one was stolen.
eight -- nothing was stolen.
four, ten, or eleven -- above plus the three that you receive as income.
Inconsistent result that you claim:
five -- ???

This could work if you offered less than you claim (why?), or if your account was capped at ten. Are you saying that only some of your money was stolen?

Old 11-30-2006, 06:55 PM   #1145
Lorena
Unregistered

Quote:

Umm... my PM says something different. I can stop and bribe him, but I don't remember it saying if it was an NPC or not. I do know that if I'm not the winning bidder, I do not lose the money.
Lorena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 06:56 PM   #1146
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Put 2 and 2 together on why he is asking it.

And then try to figure out what my slip up this morning was.

Ugh.. I give up.

Well, Im going to take it easy for a while. The masses have spoken.

I dunno if i will be back before lynch or not, but if not, my final parting shot:

I have tried to be honest about as much as I could this game. I am good, my name is Charles Shanding and I am the town cooper.

I have actually messed up a few times this game.. but at this point its irrelevant. I've just played a bad game I think all together.

I messed up my notes on what I did day 1, and didnt realize it till I got to the hotel. I originally told Chief to put 4 shillings down, but then realized I would get 3 more at the time and wrote down 4+3 on my notes for 7. My pm to chief only asked for 6. At this point I dont honestly care if anyone believes me however I do want people to know Blade might be telling the truth when I die tonight about what he put in. I made the mistake not him.

My next mistake was that my notes I had down hoops as a prosititute and when I found out the info from barkeep last night it didnt suprise me since i had figured that out based on stuff in the thread. I said as much this morning when he responded that he never outed himself, so I quickly changed my direction trying to cover for it.

That made my talking about barkeep tonight a pain because I would have to out hoops if pressed or just take it with me to my grave.

Other than that, I honestly know zilch. I havent seen anyone, talked to anyone, been visited by anyone or anything. I've tried to make all of my judgements on people's actions in the thread which is a pain since people are vouching for the 3 or 4 people who havent done sqwat or said anything and wont even say why... All it leaves the rest of us with is trying to track down if this group are the good guys or the bad guys and nothing to base it on.

It might be great for everyone else to play super-sleuth and hide it all, but for me it made it difficult. the people i suspected in raiders, schmidty, swaggs, etc was solely because I couldn't get a read on any of them because they didnt hardly even participate any.

Sorry I can't leave with any super great insight or anything, but I've pretty much played my worst game since perhaps the harry potter game. I just was awful. I probably shouldn't sign up for games on weeks when I have so much work to do and travel but so be it.

Anyways I'm flying out tommorrow and will be gone anyways, so this is as good as any day for me to die. I wish my death told you more, but guess its not to be. I had fun, and thanks to Chief for a good game.
Old 11-30-2006, 06:56 PM   #1147
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Dola, actually, four, ten, or eleven don't make sense, scratch those. It should be one, seven, or eight, but not five.

Old 11-30-2006, 06:57 PM   #1148
hoopsguy
General Manager

OK, for the 50% of the people who have not seen me out shaking my ass at night I'm the last prostitute.

Night 0 - in Commercial I saw BK, SnDvls, and hooked up with Tyrith who lived in Commercial

Night 1 - no hookups, but saw the people enter and leave Cavell (NTN, Cronin, Blade, and Lathum)

Night 2 - hookup with Path, learned he was in opium den on Night 1. Saw BK score twice. Saw Blade, Cronin, and Schmidty all in Bishopsgate during 2nd phase, and witnessed some interation involving Schmidty that I have not completely explained yet but asked for the parties directly involved to comment upon
Old 11-30-2006, 06:58 PM   #1149
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

OK... I already knew about hoops. I think half the people playing already knew about hoops.

We've still got a monetary inconsistency, though, even with an offer of six instead of seven.

Old 11-30-2006, 06:58 PM   #1150
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Sorry guys, I messed up on my original bribe, but it very clearly says I return home and find my bribe untaken. It also says I am left with only 5 shillings. No idea why the math works the way it does, but oh well.

Anyways, best of luck to all, going to do other stuff