Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-18-2011, 08:19 PM   #1451
corbes
College Benchwarmer

A lot of difficult and stressful events at work have really increased the temptation to eat comfort snacks lately; my resolve is being put to the test. I'm doing decently at avoiding the worst of the comfort snacking and have increased the amount of exercise as a way of dealing with the stress, but, it's hard!!
corbes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 04:54 PM   #1452
Dodgerchick
College Benchwarmer

Yeah corbes! Wish I had your will power.
Dodgerchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 04:59 PM   #1453
Dodgerchick
College Benchwarmer

I finally went to the gym after not doing jack for 2 weeks. I have next week off and I'm planning on joining my gal pals at the gym in the morning. Oh man I can't wait for Tuesday's Yoga class. By far my favorite class I've ever taken.

Keep up the fabulous work gentlemen.

Last edited by Dodgerchick : 11-19-2011 at 05:03 PM.
Old 11-20-2011, 05:18 PM   #1454
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

Summary

Strange week. Went great up until yesterday -- legs were feeling much better, etc. -- but my appetite has returned as well. I'm taking that as a good sign that my metabolism is going up. Had some kind of 24-hour-bug on Saturday, so I slept in and shortened my walk on the treadmill. Yesterday and today I had special social events, so there were some departures from the eating plan as a result.

I'll have to wait a day or so and see how all that shakes out this week.

By the Numbers
Weight: 314.7(-1.5, -18.3 overall)
Pushups: 3 max(+1), 82 knee reps(+12)
Crunches: 10 max(+1), 60 reps(+7)
Squats: 17 max(+3), 121 reps(+9)
Cardio: 13.25 mi.(+.82), 2415 cal.(+135), 147 max HR(--)
300 by 1/1/12: 14.7 lbs to go, 6 weeks.

It appears I'm likely to come up a bit short on making the New Year's goal, but that's ok. Thanksgiving this week so there's a day that I won't be able to do cardio(fitness center is closed). So long as I don't gain this week, I'll be happy.
Brian Swartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 01:32 PM   #1455
AnalBumCover
College Starter

10/22 - 233.6
10/26 - 228.4
10/31 - 227.4
11/4 - 224.6
11/7 - 227.8
11/11 - 224.8
11/14 - 225.6
11/18 - 224.2
11/21 - 224.8

Not bad for the weekend, considering I spent Sunday morning at an El Torito brunch.

Last edited by AnalBumCover : 11-21-2011 at 01:33 PM.
AnalBumCover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 03:29 PM   #1456
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

Thanksgiving week is turning into a barrel of 'not-fun'. Had a couple of minor glitches eating wise on Sunday and Monday, then got right back on things. However, I also started getting sick at the same time. By Wed night it was obvious that the body needs rest -- it's at the point where exercising would do more harm than good.

Rather frustrating that, and combined with Thanksgiving dinner being tomorrow, etc., I expect to take some steps backwards this week. Just hoping right now I can get healthy as soon as possible so I can get moving in the right direction again.
Old 11-24-2011, 03:38 PM   #1457
corbes
College Benchwarmer

It's been a hard week for me too. I think the most important key for this week, though, is to remember that my feelings of frustration this week are really the result of having committed myself to a long-term goal of a healthy lifestyle. We're judging ourselves against a new standard now--and that's an important achievement in and of itself.
Old 11-26-2011, 07:15 PM   #1458
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Well, I have a goal and I am aiming for it and my girlfriend is supporting me in it.

It is two fold.

I found an app for my WM7 phone that is labeled 6 weeks training. When done, I should be able to do 100 pushups, 200 situps, 200 dips, 20 pull ups.

So that is my first one to complete.....

Second, I am going to register for the Run For Your Lives 5K Zombie Infested obstacle course in Pittsburgh for next year. I will probably need the bulk of the time to be ready for it, but I will also plan to run in some of the local events in Buffalo to prepare me for it. Now the issue I will be having is the fact I will be running on treadmills and ellipticals during the winter, until I get cold weather running gear.

Wish me luck, my love for food and beer is going to be my major weakness but I need to drop weight, I am at the heaviest I have ever been and I always need a reason mentally to get into shape. These will help and I hope preparing for them will promote that healthy lifestyle I need. My sister who just passed did so because of a stroke and I do not want it to be me next.
Old 11-27-2011, 01:18 PM   #1459
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacroGuru
I found an app for my WM7 phone that is labeled 6 weeks training. When done, I should be able to do 100 pushups, 200 situps, 200 dips, 20 pull ups.

So that is my first one to complete.....

Good luck! That's the same one I'm on I'm almost positive, I use it for pushups/squats/crunches. Takes more than six weeks unless you're already in really good shape(and maybe even then), but it has a reasonably good progression and works well for me.

11.27 Summary

So let's see. Since mid-week, I've gotten mostly healthy, which is great! I did pretty well on Friday and Saturday eating wise, not great but I didn't indulge in any deserts and generally ate in reasonable moderation. I could still feel my discipline slipping a bit -- it's so hard for me to maintain that when I'm not feeling well and can't exercise. I'll take a B for the week overall, a number of minor departures but nothing big.

Taking today as a final rest/recovery day, and also a 'detox' day from the holiday food, getting my body back into the normal eating regimen. Then tomorrow I'll start back up the exercise side.

Top goal for the week is definitely to be able to report that I've used it to get back into my normal routine completely. Four weeks till the next interruption of Christmas, and I want to finish off the year well.

By the Numbers
Weight: 314.9(+0.2, -18.1 overall)
Pushups: NA max, 55 knee reps
Crunches: NA max, 45 reps
Squats: NA max, 94 reps
Cardio: 8.34 mi., 1525 cal., 157 max HR
300 Milestone: 14.9 to go.

I thought I'd gain 2-3 lbs. this week with everything that was going on -- I'll definitely take just a quarter-pound! The first half of the week was great up until the health issues, body was feeling super, so hopefully I can't get back to that pronto.
Old 11-27-2011, 06:56 PM   #1460
hoopsguy
General Manager

Well, I'm going to make it through Thanksgiving without totally blowing up but I've still given back the couple of pounds I had lost earlier in the month.

I'm also in a position of needing to get some cold-weather running gear. I've run outside a couple of times this month, but I just don't have stuff to do this 2-3 times a week when winter arrives in earnest.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 07:11 PM   #1461
corbes
College Benchwarmer

7-1 168
9-1 158
10-1 155
10-23 152
11-26 146

I think this last number is up a few pounds from where it was two weeks ago (I don't have a scale so the opportunity to weigh in arises only sometimes) but, overall, the trend continues to be good. It has been helpful to post here in this thread.
Old 11-28-2011, 08:40 AM   #1462
AnalBumCover
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Swartz View Post
Good luck! That's the same one I'm on I'm almost positive, I use it for pushups/squats/crunches. Takes more than six weeks unless you're already in really good shape(and maybe even then), but it has a reasonably good progression and works well for me.
Is this a single app for all workouts? For the Android, I see individual apps for each exercise. From the look of them, they appear to be the "official" apps for the onehundredpushups.com program. I'll be aiming to buy this, unless I find the app that includes all of the exercises.
Old 11-28-2011, 09:00 AM   #1463
AnalBumCover
College Starter

10/22 - 233.6
11/11 - 224.8
11/14 - 225.6
11/18 - 224.2
11/21 - 224.8
11/28 - 226.0

I missed my official Friday weigh-in, but my Monday check-in revealed a minor setback - a little over a pound - from the previous check-in. I expected to gain at least two pounds from the Thanksgiving feasts, so I'm glad with my results.

My wife and I hosted Thanksgiving this year, so maybe it was the fact that I was on my feet most of the day entertaining about 25 guests, and eating very little throughout the day resulted in the lower than expected weightgain.

Last edited by AnalBumCover : 11-28-2011 at 09:01 AM.
AnalBumCover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 12:04 PM   #1464
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnalBumCover View Post
Is this a single app for all workouts? For the Android, I see individual apps for each exercise. From the look of them, they appear to be the "official" apps for the onehundredpushups.com program. I'll be aiming to buy this, unless I find the app that includes all of the exercises.

The one I have for my WM7 phone is an all in 1 program.
Old 11-28-2011, 06:24 PM   #1465
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnalBumCover
Is this a single app for all workouts?

I'm a dumbphone guy who just keeps his own records, so I just use the website.
Old 11-30-2011, 08:43 AM   #1466
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

I've missed a couple of weeks thanks to work/travel/holidays, so here's a 2-week update:

9/19 - 203.2
9/26 - 198.6
10/3 - 196.8
10/12 - 193.6
10/19 - 192.0
10/26 - 190.6
11/02 - 188.4
11/09 - 186.6
11/16 - 183.6
11/23 - 182.0
11/30 - 180.8

Steady progress. Really happy with my Thanksgiving week weight loss, as we drove to Dallas, so I had to deal with 2 all-day road trips and my mom's cooking. After hitting my pre-Thanksgiving goal of 20 pounds, I decided to let go a little for the holidays, hoping maybe it would be good to shock the system for the next 2-3 months and 20 pounds I have left. I didn't watch what I ate or track my food on Weight Watchers for 3 days.

Once I got home, I detoxed by getting back to the strict diet, ran 10 miles combined on Sunday and Tuesday, and wound up with a pound loss for the week.

REALLY looking forward to seeing 170-something by next week. I need the next 5 pounds to go quickly so I can fit into some smaller clothes and shelve my "fat man" stuff. It's kinda uncomfortable being in between right now.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 09:31 AM   #1467
hoopsguy
General Manager

End of month weigh-in was 164.4, which is the first time I've had my lowest weigh-in of the month on the last day. Down 3 pounds from 11/1, so I would have to say that this was a pretty strong month for me.

The highlight of the month was hitting my weight loss goal that I had set back in March. I did that back on 11/12, and since that time watched my weight go back up a couple of pounds (deep dish pizza two weekends in a row will do that, I suppose) before corralling it again over the last week.

I did get more exercise this month, with a combined 10 runs between the treadmill and outdoors. I managed to run a seven minute mile on the treadmill, which is the fastest I've run there and was under 10 minutes/mile during a 5K run outside. Neither of those are times I'm super excited about, but they are areas that I hope to build on in the coming months. I'll be setting goals around that, rather than a pure weight loss amount, over the next couple of months.

I drank too much caffeine in November, and that is going to stop this month. I'm going to set the goal of only drinking 5 12oz cans of Coke for the month. I know that was something that would not have been too big a challenge over the summer, but I haven't done this for several months now so it is time to tighten up in this area. On a related note, I'll also begin tracking how many hours of sleep I'm getting each night as part of my fitness spreadsheet. Finally, I want to start integrating my workouts into some kind of workout site - whether it is mapmyrun or something else, I want to start publishing those results someplace besides my spreadsheet.

Last edited by hoopsguy : 12-01-2011 at 11:56 AM.
Old 12-01-2011, 11:03 AM   #1468
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

FYI

Holding steady in the 175-178 range. Fluctuating within that during the week, but never outside of it. 177.0 this morning.

Just need to like...make sure that I can hold this weight through the winter...after that I should be fine, since I hit it in like October - that would be roughly 6 months which should hopefully mean that I'm good long-term (although I will remain vigilent).

Still haven't really changed my diet...I'm such a creature of habit that I'm totally accustomed to it now, so it likely won't change all that much. I have opened it up a little bit to give myself say...a little dessert each night - but that's still just a Weight Watchers dessert, so it ain't exactly breaking the calorie-bank.

Amazing for me that I don't really crave sweets. I used to hardcore-crave sweets. Now I don't even really want sweets/rich desserts...I want like...fruity desserts.

Last edited by DaddyTorgo : 12-01-2011 at 11:07 AM.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 10:03 AM   #1469
AnalBumCover
College Starter

10/22 - 233.6
11/14 - 225.6
11/18 - 224.2
11/21 - 224.8
11/28 - 226.0
12/2 - 227.4

Well, back to square one. My wife and I hadn't been as diligent in our juicing this week. It'll be a detoxing weekend, for sure.

On the plus side, I've downloaded the 100 Push Ups app for the Android and started my program. I'll complete week 1 tonight.
Old 12-02-2011, 10:39 AM   #1470
hoopsguy
General Manager

3 pounds over two weeks isn't exactly "square one" but definitely better to tighten it up now rather than wait for another 3 pounds .... or 10 pounds .... or, well you get the picture.
Old 12-02-2011, 10:55 AM   #1471
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

That's fantastic KS! Losing a pound plus in a holiday week is very impressive!!
Old 12-02-2011, 12:03 PM   #1472
Ksyrup

One thing I'm really missing from my workouts is weights. I'd love to add push-ups, but with my shoulder the way it is, I can't do it. And I'm afraid to go to the doctor about it until I've lost another 15 pounds or so, because I'm afraid I'll have to completely stop running or doing other things based on what they tell me.

A couple of weeks ago, my oldest daughter was doing "girl push-ups," and I got on her about doing the regular kind. Then my little one started trying to do them, but had her butt way in the air. So I got down to show them an example, and I couldn't even push up with my right arm from 1! Fuck me. I damn sure don't want to have rotator cuff surgery.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Old 12-02-2011, 03:18 PM   #1473
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

I gotta start incorporating weights - that's my New Year's Resolution to myself. I also need to make a doctor's appointment now that I'm at a better weight.
Old 12-03-2011, 05:19 PM   #1474
Dodgerchick
College Benchwarmer

Impressive, all of you!

I've gained/lost the same 4 lbs for the past few weeks. I've been working a lot of OT which leaves very little room for working out. That and all the potlucks we've had at work, I'm happy to be where I'm at... very thankful.
Old 12-03-2011, 05:20 PM   #1475
Dodgerchick
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnalBumCover View Post
10/22 - 233.6
11/14 - 225.6
11/18 - 224.2
11/21 - 224.8
11/28 - 226.0
12/2 - 227.4

Well, back to square one. My wife and I hadn't been as diligent in our juicing this week. It'll be a detoxing weekend, for sure.

On the plus side, I've downloaded the 100 Push Ups app for the Android and started my program. I'll complete week 1 tonight.

When you detox, do you mean all juice?
Old 12-04-2011, 04:38 AM   #1476
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

Summary

Tough week. Health continues to be an issue, on my more intense cardio days fatigue was a big deal, esp. Thurs and Sat. A couple dizziness spells after workouts this week also, and by body has randomly decided to wake up an hour or two before my alarm time(as I'm trying to give myself a bit extra sleep still being somewhat ill), or even just pointlessly in the middle of the night. Yay.

I'm back in the 'groove' so to speak post-Thanksgiving though, which is what I wanted for this week, so mission accomplished. It was less than fun at times.

By the Numbers

Weight: 311.0(-3.9, -22.0 overall)
Pushups: 4 max(+1), 89 knee reps(+7)
Crunches: 11 max(+1), 71 reps(+11)
Squats: 19 max(+2), 149 reps(+28)
Cardio: 12.73 mi.(-0.52 mi.), 2325 cal.(-90), 150 max HR(+3)
Next Milestone(300): 11.0 to go

In terms of pure numbers, my best week so far overall. I would have been quite happy with losing half of the weight I did -- my biggest drop since the first couple of 'adjustment' weeks back in October!

The other comparisons are to the last 'full' week, which was two weeks ago, and given that I had a day short this week on the cardio, it's all win from top to bottom.

I'm ready to finish the year strong!
Old 12-04-2011, 10:53 PM   #1477
hoopsguy
General Manager

Nice work, Brian. Keep up the good work.

Are you tracking your health issues relative to workouts/diet/sleep? I would expect that you would want to see that those conditions improve alongside your fitness level. Or at least I would hope that is what you see over time.
Old 12-06-2011, 09:39 AM   #1478
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

That's a good question. My present head cold is just one of those things, but I have seen other health benefits. The biggest one is energy/recovery from a long day. That's been a mammoth change -- I have more energy now while ill than I had when I was healthy back in the summer/early fall. Another one is pain from walking in my feet and toes -- that was only really an annoyance but is gone now almost completely, presumably a combination of toughening up and less weight to carry around.

Part of the reason the energy thing is such a big deal is that I 'get back' a significant part of the time that I invest in working out with being more productive in the rest of my day. So I don't even lose much from a time perspective when all is said and done.
Old 12-06-2011, 06:55 PM   #1479
corbes
College Benchwarmer

Brian, that's great to hear. Here's to feeling healthier all around!
Old 12-07-2011, 08:16 AM   #1480
Ksyrup

9/19 - 203.2
9/26 - 198.6
10/3 - 196.8
10/12 - 193.6
10/19 - 192.0
10/26 - 190.6
11/02 - 188.4
11/09 - 186.6
11/16 - 183.6
11/23 - 182.0
11/30 - 180.8
12/07 - 178.6

As great as it was to hit my "half-way" point, I'm probably more stoked to see 170s. It's kind of a dividing line - if I see 170-something or under, I know I'm doing OK. If it's over that, I know I'm trending the wrong way and have already let it slip too much.
Old 12-08-2011, 06:30 PM   #1481
corbes
College Benchwarmer

Good work Ksyrup! It's totally fun to change the number in the "tens" column.
Old 12-09-2011, 11:15 AM   #1482
AnalBumCover
College Starter

10/22 - 233.6
11/18 - 224.2
11/21 - 224.8
11/28 - 226.0
12/2 - 227.4
12/9 - 224.0

Nice.
Old 12-10-2011, 08:01 PM   #1483
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
9/19 - 203.2
9/26 - 198.6
10/3 - 196.8
10/12 - 193.6
10/19 - 192.0
10/26 - 190.6
11/02 - 188.4
11/09 - 186.6
11/16 - 183.6
11/23 - 182.0
11/30 - 180.8
12/07 - 178.6

As great as it was to hit my "half-way" point, I'm probably more stoked to see 170s. It's kind of a dividing line - if I see 170-something or under, I know I'm doing OK. If it's over that, I know I'm trending the wrong way and have already let it slip too much.

Congrats. Where are you trying to end up?
Old 12-11-2011, 05:20 AM   #1484
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

Summary

Good week overall. My body is doing some weird things -- more evidence that metabolism is really starting to kick into gear. I continue to wake up before my alarm on a semi-regular basis, but I'm also often tired at mid-day(usually 3-4 pm). So I haven't really found an equilibrium yet.

I did have my first real screw-up this week. After a frustrating day off on Tuesday, I gave in to the comfort food temptation and stopped in at BK while traveling. I didn't binge though, and by noon the next day I was refocused again and determined to get back in rhythm, which I did fairly quickly. So I was at least able to keep to a single lapse.

By the Numbers

Weight: 309.0(-2.0, -24.0 overall)
Pushups: 5 max(+1), 95 knee reps(+6)
Crunches: 14 max(+3), 75 reps(+4)
Squats: 22 max(+3), 167 reps(+18)
Cardio: 16.66 mi.(+3.93), 3015 cal.(+690), 146 max HR(-4)

Squats are fast becoming the superstar of my workouts. I'm getting enough reps in that I can only partially recover my breath in between sets, which gives them a double whammy: a cardio workout in addition to the muscular benefits. As this has become more and more of a factor, basically the last couple of weeks since Thanksgiving, my heart rate on the treadmill has noticeably dropped, so my body is definitely becoming more efficient.

My 44" pants have now gone the way of all flesh, just a bit too large to be wearable. However, I can't quite fit into the 40" yet -- I've annoyingly stopped shrinking my waist at somewhere around a half-inch too big for those. I really don't want to buy another pair of 42", but I will have to if I don't see a change there soon. The last couple weeks haven't changed much, as my body seems content to lose weight in other spots right now.

I'll finally be graduating from 'knee' to 'normal' pushups for my workouts this week. I didn't expect it to take nine weeks to get to 5 regular ones(in the past, it's usually taken about a month or a bit longer), but it's a nice milestone to hit nevertheless!
Old 12-12-2011, 10:06 AM   #1485
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Swartz View Post
Summary

Good week overall. My body is doing some weird things -- more evidence that metabolism is really starting to kick into gear. I continue to wake up before my alarm on a semi-regular basis, but I'm also often tired at mid-day(usually 3-4 pm). So I haven't really found an equilibrium yet.

I did have my first real screw-up this week. After a frustrating day off on Tuesday, I gave in to the comfort food temptation and stopped in at BK while traveling. I didn't binge though, and by noon the next day I was refocused again and determined to get back in rhythm, which I did fairly quickly. So I was at least able to keep to a single lapse.

By the Numbers

Weight: 309.0(-2.0, -24.0 overall)
Pushups: 5 max(+1), 95 knee reps(+6)
Crunches: 14 max(+3), 75 reps(+4)
Squats: 22 max(+3), 167 reps(+18)
Cardio: 16.66 mi.(+3.93), 3015 cal.(+690), 146 max HR(-4)

Squats are fast becoming the superstar of my workouts. I'm getting enough reps in that I can only partially recover my breath in between sets, which gives them a double whammy: a cardio workout in addition to the muscular benefits. As this has become more and more of a factor, basically the last couple of weeks since Thanksgiving, my heart rate on the treadmill has noticeably dropped, so my body is definitely becoming more efficient.

My 44" pants have now gone the way of all flesh, just a bit too large to be wearable. However, I can't quite fit into the 40" yet -- I've annoyingly stopped shrinking my waist at somewhere around a half-inch too big for those. I really don't want to buy another pair of 42", but I will have to if I don't see a change there soon. The last couple weeks haven't changed much, as my body seems content to lose weight in other spots right now.

I'll finally be graduating from 'knee' to 'normal' pushups for my workouts this week. I didn't expect it to take nine weeks to get to 5 regular ones(in the past, it's usually taken about a month or a bit longer), but it's a nice milestone to hit nevertheless!

Way to go man! Great progress. Always fun to see those pants shrinking, isn't it?
Old 12-12-2011, 10:55 AM   #1486
Ksyrup

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
Congrats. Where are you trying to end up?

Somewhere around 160-165.
Old 12-13-2011, 02:49 PM   #1487
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Somewhere around 160-165.

Nice - almost there!
Old 12-13-2011, 07:27 PM   #1488
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotMan View Post
Alright guys and gals. I have been here before and am back again. It's Father's day, and I need to give my family more by dropping some of this extra tonnage. First off, I generally well until I hit a comfort mark, then drop off like a cliff. But I need to do better. I'll be 36 here in a few weeks and my knees are starting to ache. That's something that I have not had a problem with in the past, and it scares me a little because my Mom had bad knees and had 2 surgeries last year on them. I know if I can seriously lose the weight it will help me greatly.

I have multiple problems with eating. I like to eat a lot of bad food and I don't like much in the way of healthy foods. Simple enough. I eat when I am bored and have a terrible sweet tooth. I weighed in at 289.8 this morning, and while it's still a few pounds below my all time high, it doesn't feel good. I need to get serious about this though, and soon. I carry the weight well (being 6'4" helps) but when it comes to losing it, I look pretty much the same (which sucks). I know that Karate with my son would be much easier with 50 or so pounds off too.

I don't do much regular exercise, but go in spurts. Keeping a regular routine is the hardest thing so far. I think if I can start small, that I can be successful. I gotta be able to do this....

Man, I was so embarrassed to not be back in this thread. I felt like nothing was ever going to get better. I would try and fail and give up and fail again. I was able to make some small changes right away, such as I cut I diet pop intake to 1 per day, but I never really did get things going with this until......

My wife has Fibromyalgia. For the past year and a half my wife has had to deal with some pretty intense pain with no relief in sight and no prospects for it to get any better. She was on a medicine that helped with the pain but also caused her to gain quite a bit of weight. In the meantime, she researched and researched and tried a few other relief methods.

In July she started a hard core Vegan diet plan. This was not easy, a complete life change and there was no bet that it would help at all. A little while later she quite the drugs that were causing the weight gain because she couldn't take it anymore. About a month later, her pain level was better than it had been in a long time.

I started to become easier to eat what she ate and then after watching Forks over Knives, we decided that we needed to do this for the family too. Now the rest of us aren't eating Vegan and we don't do it for any belief system, but starting around labor day we became nearly Vegetarian. Meat here or there, and for me, chicken or fish. I haven't had a hamburger since August.

My wife used to only be able to walk for 10 minutes on the treadmill at a time. By the end of summer we were walking up to 5 miles a day together. Her life is hers again and while she isn't pain free, her life is livable again.

I have never felt better either. I try and exercise and eat as right as I can. Many of you know I am a huge grilling aficionado, that has been the hardest thing for me.

As of this morning I am down to 266.6, that can fluctuate as much as 5 pounds in a day(up not down), but as long as my trend continues down, I stay happy. I have no long term goals except to keep living like this. I would like to break 250. I would like to break 235. I would like to break 220. But there are no timelines for those goals. I an able to wear my skinny jeans again. Jeans I haven't been back in, in over 5 years. I have seen inches disappear.

So, I'm down almost 25 pounds since Labor day. I wish it would come off faster. But as long as it trends down I'll be happy with it. The last few weeks have been slow. But I haven't felt this good in a very long time. If I get to 250 It'll be the lightest I've been in 10 years.

I can't emphasize this enough. After what I have seen with my wife, anyone else suffering through Fibromyalgia has to make the diet change, and Forks over Knives is a must watch for anyone.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 08:46 PM   #1489
hoopsguy
General Manager

Really great news, PilotMan. Glad to hear that your wife is doing so much better and that you've found a way to introduce some sustainable changes to your own diet and exercise plan. I'm sure good results will continue to follow as you maintain this approach.
Old 12-14-2011, 06:37 AM   #1490
Ksyrup

9/19 - 203.2
9/26 - 198.6
10/3 - 196.8
10/12 - 193.6
10/19 - 192.0
10/26 - 190.6
11/02 - 188.4
11/09 - 186.6
11/16 - 183.6
11/23 - 182.0
11/30 - 180.8
12/07 - 178.6
12/14 - 178.4

Really strange week. I didn't change a thing, but I didn't lose anything. The entire week, I was 1-2 pounds above where I weighed last Wednesday. Still ran 16 miles on the treadmill over 3 sessions. About all I can do is shrug my shoulders. I'm hoping for 2-2.5 by next week, though.

Here's the kicker - I'm doing WeightWatchers, so I get a points allowance per day. I lost .2 pounds this week, and the motherfuckers took a point away! Now I'm down to 36. I think I started around 42 or 43 back in September.
Old 12-14-2011, 09:55 AM   #1491
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotMan View Post
Man, I was so embarrassed to not be back in this thread. I felt like nothing was ever going to get better. I would try and fail and give up and fail again. I was able to make some small changes right away, such as I cut I diet pop intake to 1 per day, but I never really did get things going with this until......

My wife has Fibromyalgia. For the past year and a half my wife has had to deal with some pretty intense pain with no relief in sight and no prospects for it to get any better. She was on a medicine that helped with the pain but also caused her to gain quite a bit of weight. In the meantime, she researched and researched and tried a few other relief methods.

In July she started a hard core Vegan diet plan. This was not easy, a complete life change and there was no bet that it would help at all. A little while later she quite the drugs that were causing the weight gain because she couldn't take it anymore. About a month later, her pain level was better than it had been in a long time.

I started to become easier to eat what she ate and then after watching Forks over Knives, we decided that we needed to do this for the family too. Now the rest of us aren't eating Vegan and we don't do it for any belief system, but starting around labor day we became nearly Vegetarian. Meat here or there, and for me, chicken or fish. I haven't had a hamburger since August.

My wife used to only be able to walk for 10 minutes on the treadmill at a time. By the end of summer we were walking up to 5 miles a day together. Her life is hers again and while she isn't pain free, her life is livable again.

I have never felt better either. I try and exercise and eat as right as I can. Many of you know I am a huge grilling aficionado, that has been the hardest thing for me.

As of this morning I am down to 266.6, that can fluctuate as much as 5 pounds in a day(up not down), but as long as my trend continues down, I stay happy. I have no long term goals except to keep living like this. I would like to break 250. I would like to break 235. I would like to break 220. But there are no timelines for those goals. I an able to wear my skinny jeans again. Jeans I haven't been back in, in over 5 years. I have seen inches disappear.

So, I'm down almost 25 pounds since Labor day. I wish it would come off faster. But as long as it trends down I'll be happy with it. The last few weeks have been slow. But I haven't felt this good in a very long time. If I get to 250 It'll be the lightest I've been in 10 years.

I can't emphasize this enough. After what I have seen with my wife, anyone else suffering through Fibromyalgia has to make the diet change, and Forks over Knives is a must watch for anyone.

Dude - awesome news!!! So happy to hear this!! Congrats so far!!!
Old 12-14-2011, 09:56 AM   #1492
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
9/19 - 203.2
9/26 - 198.6
10/3 - 196.8
10/12 - 193.6
10/19 - 192.0
10/26 - 190.6
11/02 - 188.4
11/09 - 186.6
11/16 - 183.6
11/23 - 182.0
11/30 - 180.8
12/07 - 178.6
12/14 - 178.4

Really strange week. I didn't change a thing, but I didn't lose anything. The entire week, I was 1-2 pounds above where I weighed last Wednesday. Still ran 16 miles on the treadmill over 3 sessions. About all I can do is shrug my shoulders. I'm hoping for 2-2.5 by next week, though.

Here's the kicker - I'm doing WeightWatchers, so I get a points allowance per day. I lost .2 pounds this week, and the motherfuckers took a point away! Now I'm down to 36. I think I started around 42 or 43 back in September.

LMAO...know what I weighed in at this morning? 178.4
Old 12-14-2011, 11:47 AM   #1493
Ksyrup

Ha!
Old 12-14-2011, 08:29 PM   #1494
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

I think I just overate for dinner. Went out with my sister and her BF...had a single-malt and then a burger, which was bigger than it looked.

Then again...I didn't have any lunch today really (handful or 3 of trail mix), so maybe it balanced out.

Was about as heavy as I wanted to be starting off the day today, so we'll see in the morning.
Old 12-14-2011, 08:39 PM   #1495
rowech
Pro Starter

Been a long time since checking in. Last time I gave a weight was on 7/21 at 248. As of this past Sunday, I sit at 228. That's a loss of 80 pounds now. I will have to buy yet more new clothes after Christmas as I've now lost another pant size for sure, another shirt size, and another belt size. At this point, I've reached a point where I look to be around 200 pounds despite being heavier than that. I'm fitting into large shirts which is insane and my next pair of pants will be a 38 waist after topping out at a 48 waist.

My original goal of 225 when this started actually is unbelievably in sight. I mean really, really, insight. If I get to 225 and never lose another pound, I'll be totally cool with it. That said, once I get to 225, my next goal is 208 which would be a loss of 100 pounds which sounds insane.

It's become freakishly noticeable to look back at pictures from a year and a half ago and see how big I really was. Almost sad that I never realized I was that huge.
rowech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 09:05 PM   #1496
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rowech View Post
Been a long time since checking in. Last time I gave a weight was on 7/21 at 248. As of this past Sunday, I sit at 228. That's a loss of 80 pounds now. I will have to buy yet more new clothes after Christmas as I've now lost another pant size for sure, another shirt size, and another belt size. At this point, I've reached a point where I look to be around 200 pounds despite being heavier than that. I'm fitting into large shirts which is insane and my next pair of pants will be a 38 waist after topping out at a 48 waist.

My original goal of 225 when this started actually is unbelievably in sight. I mean really, really, insight. If I get to 225 and never lose another pound, I'll be totally cool with it. That said, once I get to 225, my next goal is 208 which would be a loss of 100 pounds which sounds insane.

It's become freakishly noticeable to look back at pictures from a year and a half ago and see how big I really was. Almost sad that I never realized I was that huge.

Wow - jeez man!!! You go!!!
Old 12-15-2011, 06:51 AM   #1497
Ksyrup

That's great!
Old 12-15-2011, 09:28 AM   #1498
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

177.8 this morning. Go figure. Haha.
Old 12-15-2011, 07:40 PM   #1499
corbes
College Benchwarmer

Great work rowech and pilotman!
Old 12-15-2011, 09:48 PM   #1500
hoopsguy
General Manager

Terrific work, rowech. Really exciting to hear about someone having that kind of success.