Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-17-2013, 05:24 PM   #1
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

WW CLIII - The Call at Thurmond - Game Over - Village WINS!!!!

Thurmond, 1910.

This small little town, nestled along the New River Valley, has sprung up from nowhere. Incorporated ten years ago, established by the Chesapeake and Ohio Railroad as a major stop along multiple routes, Thurmond is fed only by the rails, with no road in or out of the town. Thurmond, West Virginia, is known as a place a bit outside of traditional law. It is a town where questions asked are few and the people that travel through her like it that way.

After growing for ten years and becoming a major stop for the rail, times changed, and Thurmond's isolation worked against it. Soon, the bustle of life in Thurmond came to a close, and from it, a ghost town emerged.

History simply records that Thurmond died of the same thing that a lot of other towns did - changing transportation networks, roads and cars competing with rail, and the growing urbanization of America.

History was wrong.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 02-05-2013 at 09:58 PM.
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 05:24 PM   #2
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

This game is a combination of three games I’ve run in the recent past. One is the Dungeon, two is Masque of the Red Death and three is Mine Wars. You can expect each of these game to influence what is happening in this game. This game is radically different from previous WW games in some ways, and very similar in others. I envision this game more as a story unveiling than as normal game. It’s you against some weird and crazy stuff.

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 01-17-2013 at 08:45 PM.
Old 01-17-2013, 05:24 PM   #3
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

At the beginning of the game, you are all on the same side. None of you are Cultists. As the game moves on, some of you will convert to their side. You may begin lynching on Day 2. You are not required to vote on any given Day.

Win:

The Village wins if they discover what is going on, find a plan to stop it, and successfully implement that plan.

Cultists win if the village is unable to do those things. Or if all Villagers die or are converted. At the end of the game, if there is just one villager left, but that person completes the various tasks, the village still wins.

This is not a normal win/loss scenario – Cultists do NOT automatically win once they get 50/50 numbers with the Village, and the Village does not auto win once all Cultists are dead.

Sanity and Corruption

At the beginning of the game, most players begin with 20 Corruption and 20 Sanity points. As the game progresses, you will lose sanity and corruption points as you are exposed to things happening.

During each Night Action, I will make a d20 roll. If I roll more than the number of points you have, then you either become insane or you become a Cultist, according to which roll you failed.

If you fail, you will get a pm telling you so.

Sanity – If you have failed a Sanity check, then you operate at half efficiency. Your lynch vote only counts as a half vote, any quest actions are at half efficiency, and you will forget half of the things you have learned by pm – rounded up. You are not allowed to discuss, hint, or acknowledge what you know to any other person. Failure to do so will likely result in you being removed from the game. For example, suppose on Night Three you observe the mafia turning into werewolves. If you kept that info to yourself, and the following night you went mad, you would forget, and could not speak of it. If you had observed something else on Night 2, then only one would be forgotten, and I would randomly determine which you still remembered. You can still vote for the forgotten person, since you have an intuitive sense of what is wrong as an insane person, you just can’t speak as to why.

At the end of each night, any players who become insane will be publicly posted. Sanity and Corruption scores are kept private by me and you and not published, but you may reveal this info if you want.

Cultists – Cultists do NOT know who else is a Cultist. Since they are hounded by the rest of society, they operate independently from each other.

There is no mechanic in this game that allows anybody to discuss things outside of this thread. No pms, e-mails, texts, phone calls, smoke signals or any other sort of communication is allowed.

There are Cultists out there beyond the players in the game. You are fighting against many forces beyond a handful of humans.

There are many hidden rules.

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 01-17-2013 at 08:54 PM.
Old 01-17-2013, 05:25 PM   #4
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

The Game is Capped at 20. The rules are balanced for that number. I'd like to hit it in order to run the game.

1. JAG - Antiquarian
2. britrock88 - Antiquarian - Killed Night Eight
3. Chief Rum - Doctor - Killed Night Three
4. Danny - Doctor
5. mauchow - Detective - Now Chief Rum - Cultist, Slain in Final battle
6. CrimsonFox - Soldier
- Killed Night Five, Psychologist
7. ntndeacon - Antiquarian - Killed Night Six, Baptist Minister
8. Zinto - Soldier - Slain in Final battle. Gun-Thug
9. Autumn - Doctor - Lynched Day Eight, Cultist
10. Simbo Klice - Soldier Lynched Day Nine
11. Coffee Warlord - Antiquarian - Cultist, Slain in Final battle, Sherriff
12. GoldenEagle - Doctor - Cultist, Slain in Final battle
13. tyketime - Doctor - Slain in Final battle
14. booradley - Detective - Killed Night Seven
15. saldana - Detective - Cultist, Slain in Final battle
16. Darth Vilus - Soldier - Cultist, Slain in Final battle, Reporter
17. fontisian - Detective - Slain in Final battle, Entertainer
18. Jacob Typer - Detective - Killed Night Zero

Insanity List:

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 02-05-2013 at 09:49 PM.
Old 01-17-2013, 05:25 PM   #5
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Class:

As this game begins, please pm me your choice of class. You may NOT discuss your class choice in the thread prior to the beginning of the game. I don’t want anybody to coordinate their class with another.

Soldier – You have fought for someone at some point in time, Who and Why isn’t really important here in Thurmond. You get 10 hit points per level, and are the only class to begin the game with a weapon – a Sharps Military Rifle from the Civil War. You get +1 to hit and +1 damage at each level, starting with level 1.

All other classes have 6 hp per level and do not improve in damage or to hit as they level up.

Detective – There are a lot of places along the C&O Railroad that need a good detective. Once, during the game, you may pm me the name of a player as a Night Action. You will discover if that person is a Cultist or not. You are also good at investigation, and any investigation quest actions are at double efficiency. You begin the game at level 1, with 6 hit points per level.

Doctor – Medicine isn’t exactly at the forefront of technology, especially not here in Thurmond. Each day before the Lynch Action deadline, every Doctor may post in bold in the thread that they are adding a person to Convalescence. “I am placing HappyPlayer into Convalescence.” Players in convalescence may not take night actions (unless they are Cultists), and may not participate in any Quest involving an action – some quests are informational instead. They can still vote for Lynch and be lynched. Those in Convalescence are healed a 50% of their max hp each day. This is the only way someone can be healed. They have 6 hp per level and only begin with a Doctor’s Bag.

Antiquarian – A person wealthy enough to spend their leisure time with hobbies rather than work. You study old things – art, languages, history, and books are things you devour. Any quest action that involved old or unusual you will do double work in, and due to your knowledge of things on the side, you do not lose corruption points due to exposure to old books, letters, art, and other things in your outré. You still lose them to actions, battles, and other such things. You have 6 hit points a level

Roles – All roles are randomly assigned. Not all of these roles may be in the game

Town Sheriff – Like many lawmen along the rails, you are completely in the pocket of the C&O. They’ll let you do what you want to do, as long as you leave them alone. Each night you may issue a Night Action to Incarcerate Someone. That person is placed in jail, and cannot vote, or participate in a Quest Action or take a Night Action the next night. They can still be lynched and can still talk. So, if you Incarcerate someone on Night 3, then they are enjailed at the END of those night actions, and are released at the end of Night 4 actions. Someone would still have taken an action on Night 3. However, 25% of people in the game are privately in the employ of the C&O railroad, and you cannot incarcerate them at all. If you try to do so, then you will get a pm back saying it failed because you checked the latest payroll documents first, and they were added and you can’t imprison them. You begin the game with a Colt Peacemaker if you are not already carrying a Sharps, and you get +1 hp per level.

Entertainer – Once a major name due to a few minor hits, you are now relegated to minor gigs in towns like Thurmond along the rails. Once in the game, as a Night Action, you may pm me and perform. When you do, every non-Cultist player will have their Sanity score raised by three points.

Gun-Thug – Each night, you can submit an action to protect another player. During that night, that player cannot be targeted by Cultist actions. You are so good at what you do, that you protect yourself as well. Unlike most other players, you may take a Night 0 action. Please note that actions taken by Cultists are not Cultist actions unless specifically said. So, if a Detective becomes a Cultist, and uses the ability to scan someone one night, you will not block that, you only block the special Cultist actions they may have. The Gun-Thug may not guard the same person on consecutive nights

Psychologist – Thrice, during the game, you may take a Night Action to Send a Mad Person to the Trans-Allegheny Lunatic Asylum. They will be removed completely from the game for one day, with the same timing as the sheriff. At the end of the next night action, they return, with 20 Sanity points, and are also healed of any wounds as if they were in Convalescence.

Methodist Minister – As the local minister of one of two churches in Thurmond, you are the shepherd of your flock. Due to your understanding of matters spiritual, and your abiding faith, you subtract one from each Sanity and Corruption point you lose. So, if an action forced you to lose two sanity, you would instead just lose one. If you were to lose one Corruption, you would lose none.

Baptist Minister – As the local minister of the other church in Thurmond, you are quite grounded in reality and your faith. As a result, you begin the game with 25 each in Sanity and Corruption.

Reporter – You are a reporter for the Charleston Daily News. A story brought you to Thurmond and not wanting to write has kept you here. Due to your knowledge of the way people work, during the game, at three separate times, you may pm me with a statement that another player has made in the thread. I will tell you whether or not the person telling it believes it to be true, based on what they know. You cannot use statements such as “I am not a Cultist” or “I never lost a Corruption Check” or anything else dealing with being a Cultist.

Players will be told at the beginning of the game if they are or are not secretly in the employ of the Chesapeake and Ohio railroad.

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 01-23-2013 at 08:13 PM.
Old 01-17-2013, 05:25 PM   #6
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Suggested Starting Time, Tuesday with Day One and Monday with Night Zero. So, roles and info would be sent out Monday evening, there would be a Night Zero deadline, and then Day One begins on Tuesday.

The Day

Each day will be broken down into three actions:

Quest Action – Due at Noon EST
Lynch Action – Due at 9 pm EST
Night Action – Due at 1 am EST

Every day will have a Quest and Night action, and most days will have a Lynch action as well.

Day One Quest - Investigate Jacob Typer's Death, Complete
Day One Secret Mission - Fight Flash Flood, Complete
Day Two Quest - Investigate Typer Family Estate, Failed
Day Three Quest - Repair the Town, Complete
Day Four Quest - Decode the Book, Failed
Day Five Quest - Decode the Book, Complete
Day Five Quest - Ally with the Baldwin-Felts Detective Agency, Complete
Day Six Quest - Erect Defenses - Did Not Choose
Day Six Quest - Explore Cave, Complete
Day Seven Quest - Erect Defenses - Built Palisade, Gave out Weapons
Day Eight Quest - Investigate C&O Railroad - Failed
Day Nine Quest - Chest Found, Picked - Revelations abound

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 02-05-2013 at 04:49 PM.
Old 01-17-2013, 05:26 PM   #7
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Items –

The only players to begin the game with items are the Sherriff, Soldiers and Doctors.

For combat:

Sharps Military Rifle – 1d10
Colt Peacemaker – 1d8
Fists – 1d4

You may come across other weapons later.

A doctor must have a doctor’s bag to do their job.

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 01-17-2013 at 08:55 PM.
Old 01-17-2013, 05:36 PM   #8
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

In. I'm fine with starting whenever.
JAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 05:40 PM   #9
britrock88
Pro Starter

In, Monday's fine (though it's a holiday).
britrock88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 05:58 PM   #10
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

I'm in. Monday is fine, although I can see pushing it to Tuesday with the holiday.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 06:10 PM   #11
Danny
Head Coach

In, though with fairly limited activity outside of the weekend.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 06:34 PM   #12
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

In
mauchow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 06:42 PM   #13
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

CHOO-CHOO!
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 07:05 PM   #14
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

This isn't about a pubic hair in some coke is it?

Old 01-17-2013, 07:05 PM   #15
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Oh no wait that's Thurgood...
Old 01-17-2013, 07:06 PM   #16
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Oh no wait again, that's Clarence Thomas.
Old 01-17-2013, 07:46 PM   #17
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Let me get my Teddy...oh wait that is Thurston
ntndeacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 07:46 PM   #18
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

in btw
ntndeacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 08:03 PM   #19
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

We are tentatively aiming for a Tuesday start due to Monday
's Holiday, good call

Old 01-17-2013, 08:20 PM   #20
Zinto
College Starter

I am in
Zinto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 08:55 PM   #21
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

All rules are posted. LMK if you have any questions.

Old 01-17-2013, 08:57 PM   #22
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

/me grumbles and puts away smoke signals
Old 01-18-2013, 01:12 AM   #23
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abe Sargent View Post
At the beginning of the game, you are all on the same side. None of you are Cultists.

I think mauchow is a cultist

vote mauchow

Old 01-18-2013, 10:17 AM   #24
Autumn
Head Coach

Hot damn, only half way through the rules, but I'm in.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 10:18 AM   #25
Autumn
Head Coach

And let me tell some of the newcomers, if you haven't played an Abe game, get in here quick. They are always amazing.
Old 01-18-2013, 10:31 AM   #26
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
And let me tell some of the newcomers, if you haven't played an Abe game, get in here quick. They are always amazing.

Agreed, looks like this game will be a blast. Hope that there are twenty people able to play it so Abe can run the game as initially designed.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 10:49 AM   #27
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

And yet....no hoopsguy?

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 01-18-2013 at 10:50 AM.
Old 01-18-2013, 10:51 AM   #28
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Despite having some Dungeon mechanics, it won;t have the length or commitment of a D3.

Old 01-18-2013, 10:54 AM   #29
Simbo Klice
High School Varsity

In!
Simbo Klice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 11:18 AM   #30
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonFox View Post
I think mauchow is a cultist

vote mauchow

Damn it !
mauchow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 12:20 PM   #31
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

I might sit this one out - I'm going on vacation to visit my sister and nieces next week and don't want to have to divide my attention.

Bummer - I love me some Abe-games.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 12:55 PM   #32
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

I hope to see Boo sign up! Where's Boo!
Old 01-18-2013, 01:35 PM   #33
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Rising from the depths of Werewolf myth comes a force. It has many names, but it is known in this reality as a Warlord. A Warlord of Coffee. It does not speak so much as imprints sound upon existence. It is but one noise, echoing through all layers of time an space.

In.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 01:36 PM   #34
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

AWESOME!
Old 01-18-2013, 01:39 PM   #35
Autumn
Head Coach

Old 01-18-2013, 01:48 PM   #36
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

I don't think I've ever played a game with coffee actually.
Old 01-18-2013, 01:52 PM   #37
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
I don't think I've ever played a game with coffee actually.

You did in my Holy Grail game. I think you were the first to be night killed though, so it wasn't a lengthy experience.
Old 01-18-2013, 03:19 PM   #38
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG View Post
You did in my Holy Grail game. I think you were the first to be night killed though, so it wasn't a lengthy experience.

lol I don't even remember that. But I was in his Dr Who game even less time than your MP game.
Old 01-18-2013, 03:41 PM   #39
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Heh. I had thought about coming up with a new Doctor Who game.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 06:14 PM   #40
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

If we don't have enough people, I'll push this off for a few days until we do.

Old 01-18-2013, 06:33 PM   #41
britrock88
Pro Starter

Should we reach out to the WW-only types that haven't been back since summer?
britrock88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 06:35 PM   #42
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

heck reach out to girl scouts. we need peeps!
Old 01-18-2013, 06:36 PM   #43
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

And Autumn, try not to die on day 1 again
Old 01-18-2013, 08:57 PM   #44
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

Yuuuuuuuuup!

(I should do a Storage Wars WW game)
Old 01-19-2013, 04:44 AM   #45
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

hmmmm storing werewolves in a storage units and then auctioning the units off to rednecks in reality shows. I smell a good premise...
Old 01-19-2013, 06:29 AM   #46
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abe Sargent View Post
And yet....no hoopsguy?

Sadly, no. Starting a new job on the 28th, which is exciting stuff, but puts my WW playing days even further in the rear view mirror.
Old 01-19-2013, 06:31 AM   #47
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

*prays for hoops to be fired so we get him forever!*
Old 01-19-2013, 06:37 AM   #48
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
*prays for hoops to be fired so we get him forever!*

*pray for me to retire early and create/play in WW games forever*
Old 01-19-2013, 08:24 AM   #49
The Jackal
Coordinator

I want to play but based on my availability during CF's game.. not sure if that would be fair to others. I'll re-consider in a couple of days, hopefully some others sign up.
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 01:41 PM   #50
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
And Autumn, try not to die on day 1 again

I'm going to go with my Masque technique, and win the game instead.