Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-29-2013, 09:02 PM   #801
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Okay, the evening falls and again you decide not to lynch anyone.

Time for supper, as the trains continue to roll in, you head out for food and fun. Not necessarily in that order.

Day Four has ended.

Night Four has begun

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 09:02 PM   #802
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abe Sargent View Post
Time

CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 09:08 PM   #803
britrock88
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonFox View Post

I have no fonder memory of my 9th grade English class than the day we listened to this song a couple times and did a literary analysis of its lyrics.
britrock88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 09:09 PM   #804
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

you had the coolest teacher ever.
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 12:13 AM   #805
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

It’s about an hour before nightfall. A train from Beckley barrels down the tracks before stopping and unloading its cargo. In addition to mail that needs to switch trains, an unusually large number of people step off the train. More passengers than normal peel off.

They flip their badges at the local constabulary, they are Baldwin-Felts detectives, otherwise known as gun-thugs - hired muscle for companies such as mines and railroads.

The twenty or so men pull off luggage and flip it over, revealing weapons. They quickly load and ready themselves. Then three move off in front and they move through town, cautious, as if something will come out at any second to attack them.

As one of you rounds a bend, suddenly a rifle crack fires off. One of the gun-thugs has fired at you! The bullet misses wide right. Suddenly, more of you begin to arrive from various restaurants and inns. You move out to protect your own. The 15 of you against an army. A few locals join in as well and battle has begun.

To keep rounds quick, I am using Random.org, and I will tell you all of the hits for each side. I am skipping initiate each turn, and giving you the first shot each round. Five Gun-Thugs deal 1d8 when they hit, the others deal 1d6. Here we go.

You assault and slay three gun-thugs by piling on attacks. Bullets fly out and smash both mau and CW for 3 and 4 damage respectively.

You smash and kill two more and they devastate Zinto and smash him three times for 11 damage. They also barely peck Autumn for 1 damage.

More of your weapons lances into two wounding them and killing two more. You take heavy fire back and…..

tyketime has taken two shots and….

Stayed alive, taking just 3 damage. But…..

Autumn took another 3 damage and Simbo took 6.

You smash three more and they retreat, and you kill another before they leave.

Full damage Report:

Simbo – 6 damage
Autumn - 4 damage
tyketime – 3 damage
Zinto – 11 damage
mau – 3 damage
Coffee Warlord – 4 damage

Congrats, all of you are now level 2.

In the jacket pocket of the leader you find a bill of sale and receipt for one Basil Cooper. Basil was arrested ten days ago for being an occultist. They were in the employ of local bad elements.

Night Four has ended. Day Five has beun.

Old 01-30-2013, 12:14 AM   #806
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Britrock88
has been taken to the Trans-Allegheny Insane Asylum. He is removed from the game until after Night Five. At that time he will come back sane. No talking, voting, actions, etc.

JAG has been taken to JAIL!!!

Old 01-30-2013, 12:14 AM   #807
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quest Five –

You must finish the Book quest from yesterday –

Decode Book – 5

In addition, some of you must travel and try to take the evidence of what is happening to the Baldwin-Felts Detective Agency in Bluefield, WV. You need to get them off your back and remind them whose side they should be on.

Persuade the Baldwin-Felts

People who do one quest may not do another.

Old 01-30-2013, 12:16 AM   #808
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

One of my favorite all time songs.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 12:35 AM   #809
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by fontisian View Post
Darth: We didn't complete the task today, despite having an extra person on it. ffee and JAG are suspects because they both counted twice for the task. Would you mind telling us what item you received?

I got a Diary I can't read. What did the others get again?

"Tell me what you regard as your greatest strength, so I will know how best to undermine you; tell me of your greatest fear, so I will know which I must force you to face; tell me what you cherish most, so I will know what to take from you; and tell me what you crave, so that I might deny you…"
―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Darth Vilus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 02:41 AM   #810
Simbo Klice
High School Varsity

Fairly surprised we need 5 points to finish the decode. Either there's a hell of a lot more cultists than we thought or Abe just gave us half credit for our efforts. Leaning towards the half credit because the alternative just wouldn't make sense.

Also, is everybody now level two or just the people who took damage in last night's scuffle? It reads like it could go either way.

Just in case things could turn hairy with the Baldwin Felts again, it might be helpful to have a soldier out there. And I wouldn't mind getting a measure of revenge for those 6 points of damage they inflicted on me.

Persuade the Baldwin Felts
Simbo Klice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 02:57 AM   #811
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

We got wrecked last night although it's good no one died and we got four level ups.

Doctors should hold off on Convalescence until after the quest deadline since we're down Britrock and myself today for bring able to do quests.

Pending Coffee's scan, he and ntn and obviously enough extra people should go to decoding to make sure we have no shenanigans decoding the book today. I would recommend 3-4 units extra and the extra people working there should NOT be among the people that were doing it yesterday unless Coffee is found to be a Cultist.

Maybe Darth will be able to read the diary after we decode the book so that might give us some added info if we can succeed today.
JAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 04:54 AM   #812
fontisian
College Prospect

At the time of my scan, Coffee was not a cultist.
Persuade Bladwin Felts, since I was on book decoding yesterday.
fontisian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 05:01 AM   #813
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

So Coffee and ntn are four units and another 4-5 people will give us a decent buffer to hopefully get it done.
Old 01-30-2013, 05:12 AM   #814
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

decode book

"Tell me what you regard as your greatest strength, so I will know how best to undermine you; tell me of your greatest fear, so I will know which I must force you to face; tell me what you cherish most, so I will know what to take from you; and tell me what you crave, so that I might deny you…"
―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Darth Vilus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 06:27 AM   #815
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

decode book
Old 01-30-2013, 07:55 AM   #816
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Morning!

Old 01-30-2013, 07:56 AM   #817
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simbo Klice View Post
Fairly surprised we need 5 points to finish the decode. Either there's a hell of a lot more cultists than we thought or Abe just gave us half credit for our efforts. Leaning towards the half credit because the alternative just wouldn't make sense.

Also, is everybody now level two or just the people who took damage in last night's scuffle? It reads like it could go either way.

Just in case things could turn hairy with the Baldwin Felts again, it might be helpful to have a soldier out there. And I wouldn't mind getting a measure of revenge for those 6 points of damage they inflicted on me.

Persuade the Baldwin Felts

Everyone is level 2

Old 01-30-2013, 07:59 AM   #818
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Decode the Book
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 08:00 AM   #819
Simbo Klice
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abe Sargent View Post
Everyone is level 2

That's good. So now is about the time when you start to break out the crazy shit then...
Simbo Klice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 08:01 AM   #820
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Abe, like yesterday, can people in convalescence still work on decoding the book?

Pending clarification on that, I'm pretty beat up. Healing would be good.
Old 01-30-2013, 08:24 AM   #821
booradley
High School Varsity

Persuade Baldwin Felts

If we don't have enough points on this, Abe WILL make us pay -and some of you have given just about all you have to give for a while.
Old 01-30-2013, 08:40 AM   #822
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

If the reporter is out there, I would hope they consider checking fontisian's statement about Coffee to clear both of them (or catch us two Cultists if he lied about his scan). There were at least two cultists who faked work on decoding and that would eliminate two people with certainty (assuming the reporter isn't converted of course).
Old 01-30-2013, 08:42 AM   #823
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Gonna throw this out there, too, seeing as I've been scanned, and if I can decode while in convalescence, I won't be able to use my ability for a day or two anyway.

I'm the law in this town.

As I hinted at a few times, I was arresting people to try and figure out who is in the pocket of C&O. No, I have no extra information as to what that actually MEANS, but I'm working under the assumption it had to mean something. To date, I haven't found anyone.

It was unfortunate luck that the first two people I arrested happened to be the 'useful' classes the next day. I had no way of knowing, and it was rotten coincidence.

Arresting JAG was a different story. I know we need antiquarians today, but I simply decided we couldn't take the risk on him today. I dunno if he's a cultist or not, but bunking him with Bubba for a day seemed like a safe move, just in case he DID sabotage. If you're with us, JAG, sorry. But I stand by that move.
Old 01-30-2013, 09:01 AM   #824
britrock88
Pro Starter

Good luck, guys; talk to you tomorrow!

(resumes ranting and raving)
britrock88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 09:06 AM   #825
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Why does it seem so strange to people that there were two cultists who faked? Remember, we were working with a messed up count, so each one probably figured there was only one that would get caught in that group of people. It's only because the count was off that we have proof there were two fakers (at least, potentially it even could be more). Assuming Coffee is indeed good.
Old 01-30-2013, 09:08 AM   #826
Zinto
College Starter

I am going to decode the book as well and I am pretty sure that is five(if antiquarians still count as two in the task)

Decode the book
Zinto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 09:09 AM   #827
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

By the point in the game, I would expect we have 3-4 total cultists out there.
Old 01-30-2013, 09:20 AM   #828
Autumn
Head Coach

I'll wait for a count to decide what to do. I can do either.

We need a healing strategy. We have I think three doctors. I know I'm injured. No to be self-serving but clearly we should heal any doctors first, because if we run out, it's a slow drop to total party kill.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 09:20 AM   #829
Autumn
Head Coach

I need to open my spreadsheet back up! I had computer problems nad had to reboot and I forgot about it.
Old 01-30-2013, 09:22 AM   #830
Autumn
Head Coach

We haen't seen any public Corruption losses since the first day, I believe. Is anyone willing to fess up to having lost corruption points privately? If you have and are still a good guy, this would be good info to know, so we can guess how and why people lose points.
Old 01-30-2013, 09:28 AM   #831
Autumn
Head Coach

So Tyke and I are both injured, and Zinto is hurt bad. Those should probably be our first three priorities. It's rough because we could end up losing several people.

Danny is out of convalescence, I assume? Did anyone else get healed yesterday?
Old 01-30-2013, 09:29 AM   #832
Autumn
Head Coach

I see Simbo went in convalescence yesterday, that's good. Danny, did you heal anyone yesterday?
Old 01-30-2013, 09:31 AM   #833
Autumn
Head Coach

Actually Coffee, you never got healed as far as I can see, so I think youre down 7 points total.
Old 01-30-2013, 09:32 AM   #834
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Decode Book
ntndeacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 09:32 AM   #835
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Yeah, I was not healed yesterday. Pretty banged up now.
Old 01-30-2013, 09:33 AM   #836
Autumn
Head Coach

Sorry for many posts, I'm trying to catch up a bit with this spreadsheet. So current damage report is, I think:

Mauchow: 9/12
Zinto: 9/20
Autumn: 8/12
Simbo: 14/20
Coffee: 5/12
Tyketime: 9/12

If we heal Zinto he's going to be in there two days, everybody else one.
Old 01-30-2013, 09:34 AM   #837
Autumn
Head Coach

Oh no, Coffee will be in there two days as well.
Old 01-30-2013, 09:34 AM   #838
Autumn
Head Coach

I think we have to heal Tyke and I first, as if we get more damaged we'll either die, or be out of action for two days.

Abe, can a doctor put someone in convalescence while in convalescence?
Old 01-30-2013, 09:35 AM   #839
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

I would suggest that coffee would be a good early heal target too, given what we have learned.
ntndeacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 09:35 AM   #840
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Don't add people until we come to a consensus and possibly let information givers provide something about the people we want to add. I think we should hold off adding people until after the quest deadline to see if we learn anything of use from decoding the book.

In general I agree about keeping doctors healed for the reason Autumn gave.
Old 01-30-2013, 09:37 AM   #841
Autumn
Head Coach

Definitely not until after the quest, JAG. But I want to get organized because I think we might have messed up yesterday, keeping Danny from healing before he was healed.
Old 01-30-2013, 09:38 AM   #842
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
We haen't seen any public Corruption losses since the first day, I believe. Is anyone willing to fess up to having lost corruption points privately? If you have and are still a good guy, this would be good info to know, so we can guess how and why people lose points.

There is some info as to how people lose corruption points in the antiquarian section of the rules:

Quote:
Antiquarian – A person wealthy enough to spend their leisure time with hobbies rather than work. You study old things – art, languages, history, and books are things you devour. Any quest action that involved old or unusual you will do double work in, and due to your knowledge of things on the side, you do not lose corruption points due to exposure to old books, letters, art, and other things in your outré. You still lose them to actions, battles, and other such things. You have 6 hit points a level
Old 01-30-2013, 09:38 AM   #843
tyketime
College Benchwarmer

Ouch! Looks like my replica Mithril vest came in handy. LOL.

So I agree we will heal AFTER questing. We must decode the book. Should I pile on there to make sure we definitely succeed? I can switch over to persuasion if we think we have the numbers.
tyketime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 09:39 AM   #844
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
Definitely not until after the quest, JAG. But I want to get organized because I think we might have messed up yesterday, keeping Danny from healing before he was healed.

That's fine and I appreciate you putting that together. I just didn't want someone to take an irrevocable action and then find out we're healing a cultist.
Old 01-30-2013, 09:41 AM   #845
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Tyke, you should decode in my opinion because you aren't one of the group of suspected cultists as you weren't on decoding duty yesterday.
Old 01-30-2013, 09:47 AM   #846
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Autumn, it's possible Simbo is fully healed and out of convalescence. He had 1 or 2 hps off yesterday when he was added and another 6 taken off in battle. So he might have been at 12/20 by the end of the night and then fully healed. We're not getting reports of people's hps though, so I don't know if that's true or if the healing happened before the battle.
Old 01-30-2013, 09:50 AM   #847
Autumn
Head Coach

Oh, yeah, I don't know how htat works if you get injured during the night.

Abe, can we get a report of who is in/out of convalescence?
Old 01-30-2013, 10:11 AM   #848
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

As a side, CF got boxed.
Old 01-30-2013, 10:18 AM   #849
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffee Warlord View Post
As a side, CF got boxed.

I just saw that too. That's a bummer as he was a pretty active participant.
Old 01-30-2013, 10:23 AM   #850
Autumn
Head Coach

Damn. CF? That seems unlike him.