Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 08-11-2015, 11:35 PM   #1
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Abe's New EU4 Dynasty of Mysore...um...Bharat is Now Complete!!!

Who am I going to be this time folks?

Cast your bets, and get ready.

Dynasties I Have Never Done:

1. A South/North America Dynasty
2. A Russian Dynasty
3. A Central Asian/Horde Dynasty
4. A China Dynasty
5. A Japan Dynasty
6. An Indian Dynasty

All of these intrigue me. This time, I won't audible to another dynasty like i did with Oman. I will be doing one of these. Who? When? Where? How? Why? What?

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 08-23-2015 at 09:04 PM.
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2015, 08:27 AM   #2
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I want to check off a nation from this list. I can go ahead and tell you that Im not really in a Japan/China mood. That’s going to have to wait. Central Asia? Russia? The Americas? India? I find each of them compelling for different reasons.

The easiest would be Russia. So I’ll set that aside I want a bit of a challenge.

Horde – They have pimped up the Hordes considerably, this is a perfect time to rock on.
India – Hmmmm. This would be fun! But there haven’t been a lot of developments to improve India like there were with other places and regions.
American Native – Mesoamerican, Southern, and Northern are all different, and I could rock the Shawnee, Tlaxcala, or Wanka. We have the recent El Dorado expansion that fleshes out several places. We have multiple new faiths here with different feels to them. After the Art of War Expansion, we have so many provinces and powers in the Americas!

So.....who shall it be?

Old 08-12-2015, 10:50 AM   #3
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

As I recall, the changes to the Native world made it even MORE punishing to play as them.

That said.

Bring forth the Shawnee or Iroquois Empire!

Last edited by Coffee Warlord : 08-12-2015 at 10:50 AM.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2015, 11:47 AM   #4
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I have some Shawnee blood in my veins. It's not a lot, and it's from a long time ago, but that makes me more inclined to play them than any other of the North American tribes.

Old 08-12-2015, 01:07 PM   #5
Umbrella
High School Varsity

I would vote for Pima or Navajo. Really tough, but I had fun playing the Pima once. Do you have the Conquest of Paradise DLC?

But any of the Native American tribes I would follow.
Umbrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2015, 03:13 PM   #6
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I have them all actually, all of the DLC!!! Muahahaha!

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 08-12-2015 at 03:13 PM.
Old 08-12-2015, 03:18 PM   #7
Grover
Pro Starter

I'd love to see you take Taberestan and turn them into Persia.

edit: I've been heavily considering another dynasty myself. Albania is looking good now that they don't start in a war with Ottomans.

FOFC Greatest Band Draft Runner Up
FOFC Movie Remake Draft Winner
FOFC Movie Comedy Draft Winner

Last edited by Grover : 08-12-2015 at 03:20 PM.
Grover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2015, 05:43 PM   #8
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

One of the nations that has been intriguing me is Khandesh. A one province minor in North-westish India, and under the thumb of the Gujarat, a Muslim nation with a Hindu populace, but with some nice expansion opportunities and some wealth. Khandesh.

But then a part of me is like, why play an Indian nation only to take someone who is not Hindu? I've played Islamic nations multiple times before. And I can do so again. Why do that now?

But I really like Khandesh as my Indian option.

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 08-12-2015 at 06:11 PM.
Old 08-12-2015, 08:40 PM   #9
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Alright, I'm not going with Khandesh. Again, that makes no sense in India....

But I am feeling India....

Old 08-12-2015, 08:43 PM   #10
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Welcome to Southern India, and the Kingdom of Mysore

Kingdom of Mysore - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Mysore Ruling Family, the Wadiyar Dynasty, were a major player in Indian politics for centuries.

The kingdom was founded in 1399 and would last until the British Crown gobbled it up in 1799, although it would remain technically independent until the 1940s. It was founded in the lap of Vijayanagar, and helped along by its ally and friend, and would only step out on its own in teh mid 1500s.

Old 08-12-2015, 08:44 PM   #11
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Old 08-12-2015, 08:45 PM   #12
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

The Mysore Palace, held by the Ruling Family, is a major tourist attraction, even today, and is the Taj-Majal of Southern India

Mysore in Karnataka still retains that vintage old world charm, endowed with distinct culture, tradition and heritage. Its palaces and other monuments, ramparts and boulevards, palatial bungalows and imperial artefacts, art schools and galleries are some of the precious insignia that give Mysore its inherent charm. But above all, the Dasara festival hosted by the heritage city draws lakhs of tourists from all over the world even today. During the 10 day festivities the normally calm, slow, peaceful city erupts into life and every street and street corner is bustling with activity. Houses, shops and important buildings in the city are decorated and illuminated for the period of the celebrations. Today Dasara in Mysore has become the state festival of Karnataka.
(quoted from here: http://www.newsonair.nic.in/Karnatak...ra-feature.asp)

They light it up at night too

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 08-12-2015 at 08:49 PM.
Old 08-12-2015, 08:51 PM   #13
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Inside our new home....I mean the Mysore Palace

Our Throne Room:

(Now, to be historically accurate, this pimp palace won't be built for a while. And I don't care )

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 08-12-2015 at 08:52 PM.
Old 08-12-2015, 08:56 PM   #14
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

More quotes about us:

The Wodeyars were great patrons of art and music and have contributed significantly to make Mysore a cultural centre. Mysore is well known for its palaces, museums and art galleries and the festivities that take place here during the period of Dasara attract a world wide audience.

Another:

Wodeyar kings of Mysore have built quite a few palaces in Mysore and this has earned the city the sobriquet of City of Palaces.

Did you know? There is a traditional form of painting calling Mysore Painting?

Mysore painting - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 08-12-2015 at 09:01 PM.
Old 08-12-2015, 09:04 PM   #15
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

You want to read this Guardian article. Check it out:

Sriram Karri: The Tipu Sultan finial is up for auction. But do the British have the right to sell India's history? | Comment is free | The Guardian

Enjoy this little history lesson, in case you care:

Tipu Sultan was the East India Company's most tenacious enemy. According to propaganda from the Company, Tipu was "a cruel and relentless enemy", an "intolerant bigot", a "furious fanatic" with "a rooted antipathy and inveterate hatred of Europeans" who had "perpetually on his tongue the projects of Jihad". The Company badly wanted to take over Mysore and to seize its considerable mineral riches. To this end, the advocates of Regime Change went on a concerted propaganda drive, arguing that Tipu was a threat to the whole region. Tipu was certainly a tough and brilliant general. In the course of five wars against the Company, he inflicted on them the most humiliating defeat ever suffered by the British at Indian hands - the battle of Pollilur, in 1780. This battle, which took place only a few months before the equally disastrous surrender at Yorktown and the loss of the American colonies, was a tactically brilliant victory by Tipu, and led to the capture of no less than one in five of all British soldiers in India. More than 7,000 British men, along with an unknown number of women, were held captive by Tipu.

Tipu, it is now clear, was one of the most creative, innovative and capable rulers of the pre-colonial period. Tactically, the Mysore forces were fully the match of those of the East India Company, and Tipu's sepoys were every bit as well trained by their officers as those of the Company were by theirs; indeed, the steely discipline of the Mysore infantry amazed and worried many British observers. The sepoys' flintlock rifles and horse-drawn light cannon were based on the latest French designs, and were much superior to the Company's old matchlocks. Tipu watched the way the European companies trained their troops and equipped his own forces so he could beat the British at their own game, so he studied their economic methods and put in place a number of extremely imaginative measures which quickly transformed the economy of Mysore.

He tried to import European industrial technology through French engineers and experimented with harnessing water-power to drive his industrial machinery. French artisans were welcomed to Seringapatam, where they taught the craftsmen of Mysore the secrets of printing and of manufacturing porcelain, glass and watches, as well as the art of tapestry weaving. Tipu sent envoys to southern China to bring back silkworm eggs and established sericulture in Mysore, an innovation of his that still enriches the region today.

He set up a department of animal husbandry to breed superior strains of draught cattle and horses, and he built a network of new roads. More remarkably still, he created what amounted to a large State Trading Company with its own ships and factories dotted across the Persian Gulf, through which he began to open up a profitable trade with the Middle East. His substantial library, which contained some 2,000 volumes in several languages, was full of books not only about theology, ethics, Sufism, cosmology and Islamic jurisprudence, but also on history, poetry, the sciences, mathematics and astronomy and "was a library to do a Mughal prince proud", as one scholar later commented.

Perhaps the greatest of all the arts of the court of Tipu are the metalwork and jewellery. Tipu clearly loved beautiful objects, which filled his carefully amassed treasury and, as one observer described, he "passed the greatest part of his leisure hours in reviewing this various and splendid assemblage of his riches".

The British will sack his capital after a long siege, and despite his cleverness, there was ultimately one result:

Lieutenant-Colonel Alexander Beatson wrote the following year: "Those who have served in this campaign, victorious and brilliant as it has proved, will however, I believe, agree that the infantry of the Sultaun were not inferior to our sepoys; and that, had he been joined three or four months ago by four or five thousand French troops, which he had every reason to expect, the event might have been very different" (Beatson, London, 1800, Appendix No. XXXIII, pp. ci-civ).

The British took it over for good, and essentially annexed it...

Tipu was too late. Despite his alliance with the French, at the end of the day, he couldn't stave off the British forever. His brilliance came too late for Mysore.

But what if someone pushed earlier? Moved earlier? Was truly creative earlier? What would happen to history then?

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 08-12-2015 at 09:19 PM.
Old 08-12-2015, 10:15 PM   #16
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Welcome to Mysore

Mysore is a one-province minor power in Southern India. In many ways, it’s a tough place to start, but it has some distinct advantages:

Problems

1. Mysore is landlocked by the huge yellow blob of Vijayanagar
2. Mysore has two provinces to its west on the coast, owned by Malabar, who is guaranteed by Vijayanagar.
3. Mysore doesn’t have any obvious expansion opportunities early on. It would have to head south to the pone province Kochin, Venad, or Madurai.

Good Stuff

1. Mysore is allied with Vijayanagar
2. Mysore is one of the better developed provinces in the area, it’s a iron mining province in the mountains with a Tropical aspect (Bad in a lot of ways, but hard to conquer.). It has a level 3 fort, which is rare post-Common Sense.
3. It is already developed, with two open slots for buildings.
4. It has a solid taxbase of 5, with a solid trade good.
5. Like many Indian provinces, it is surrounded by rivers on every side.

Old 08-12-2015, 11:38 PM   #17
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

So it will virtually impossible to take out that province right now. Level 3 fort is great, attacking armies suffer a penalty when crossing an army to hit a place, and jungle terrain is +2 attrition for enemies.

Now, jungle is tougher – local build costs, development costs, and supply limits are down. But even with that, we make more money than any of the 5 provinces adjacent to us.

We begin the game with 5000 troops. We are the only level 3 fort in southern India. Ou rally has 20k, and nearby Malabar also rocks 5k.

Mysore is a Hindu nation. We are of the Kannada culture. One of the Malabarian provinces, South Kanara, is also Kannada, but their capital is Malayalam. Next to us are Tamil and Kannada provinces in Vijayanagr. There are 11 such provinces in all.

We are an Indian tech group nation, and advance at that rate.

Old 08-12-2015, 11:59 PM   #18
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Our initial goals are simple, and long term ones as well:

1. Survive and growth our economy
2. Expansion into an army in southern India, or even to hit Malabar later.
3. Expand outside of the Yellow Umbrella of Vijayanagar
4. Build up our military.
5. Expand throughout India.
6. Form a multi-national state, Bharat, a pan-Hindu united India.

Mysore is ruled by the Raja Ganga Raja Ummatur, a 2/1/3 monarch. With no legal heir. We have Feudal Monarchy, which gives us +10% manpower

We have a stability of 0, 50 golds, 10000 manpower,

As a Hindu, we get +1 tolerance of heatherns and true faith. We can choose our deity.

Shiva makes no sense right now, and neither does Ganesha, or Shakti. Vishnu would be useful in some situations, but not right now. So I’m looking at Ganga for the reduced build cost for Surya.

Surya - +10% national taxes, +10% national trade income

Seems like the good choice for us right now.

Surya is our new god!

(Surya lasts until our monarch dies or is changed somehow)

Old 08-13-2015, 01:00 AM   #19
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

There are three missions out there to choose from: Improve Prestige, Royal Marriage with Vijayanagar, or Save the Kannada people in South Kanara. I go with the RM.

Our South Indian Traditions give us +10% production and +33% religious unity

I send a merchant each to Goa and to Ceylon.

We make 1.9 gold a month. We spend 1 a month on our fort and 1.32 on our army. That’s a net loss if you do the math. I slash our army maintenance by half and I mothball our fortress for now. They have no garrison and half the upkeep.

Now we make some cash.

We have two core provinces out there under Vijayanagar’s control – Kongu and Morasanadu, both island and east of us. They are both lower quality farming areas.

I send a diplomat to Vijayanagar to institute a Royal Marriage.

We have no advisors, and I don’t really like any of these options either.

I change our national focus to Admin, so I can build up quickly to begin to improve our stability.

I choose Malabar as our rival.

Old 08-13-2015, 12:07 PM   #20
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Let's begin with a map, all zoomed in for you:

As you can see, the great yellow blob of Vijayanagar is all about us. You can see the various one=province states to our collective south or on teh northern part of Ceylon. The poorer, but two province Kalabar is westward. We are landlocked and ready to rock.

Oh and the blue bits on the north is the large state of Bahmanis, and to the east is a stip of coastal land owned by Orissa.

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 08-13-2015 at 12:09 PM.
Old 08-13-2015, 03:24 PM   #21
Grover
Pro Starter

Abe, are you going for Hindustan?

FOFC Greatest Band Draft Runner Up
FOFC Movie Remake Draft Winner
FOFC Movie Comedy Draft Winner
Grover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2015, 03:50 PM   #22
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Long term, yes, basically. But Im not eligible to form Hindustan, I'm Hindu. I can make Bharat.

Names of India - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

In the game:

Bharat - Europa Universalis 4 Wiki

Old 08-13-2015, 04:00 PM   #23
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

One of the things that attracted me to this dynasty is that I did colonial heavily with my Oman and Kamchatka dynasties, so I wanted to run around without having to worry about that. This gives me that opportunity. You won't see Mysore or other Indian powers settling Australia, California, or South Africa. That's something that really appeals to me, you know?

Old 08-13-2015, 05:13 PM   #24
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Its 11 Nov, 1444. Let’s begin.

12 Nov – Vijayanagar has agreed to our Marriage proposal. That gives us improved Foreign Contacts for a decade and extra relations for that time.

My three options this time are Improve our Prestige, Save the Kannada People in South Kanara and then gain relations with Kochin, the rival of our rival. I choose the Rival of my Rival one.

I send a diplomat there to increase our relations

Jan 9, 1445 – The nation of Madurai has offered us an alliance. They are a one-province nation souther of Vijayanagar. They are, unfortunately, allied with Madabar. They are friendly towards us and view us as a natural ally to protect them. I agree. I suspect that I’ll move against Madabar eventually, and having allies in the states that I later expect to annex or bring into the Mysore nation would make sense.

13 February – WHEW!

We have announced the birth of a new Heir to the Throne:

Chamaraja – 2/3/3

28 Feb – I accept a Royal Marriage proposal from Madurai

13 Mar – Vijayanagar sent a warning to Madurai

1 April – After investing in Admin for a bit, I raise our stability to 1.

I gain a new National Decision that we can take with the new stability:

Religious Sect Tolerance

+1 tolerance of heretics
-2% Missionary strength vs heretics

I’m fine for now.

Old 08-13-2015, 05:50 PM   #25
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

24 May – I offer Kochin an alliance, and they accept. This leaps our relations above the required amount.

We gain some prestige and diplomatic power for our mission.

Our next three missions are:

Save the People….
Improve our Prestige…
Protect against Malabar

I take the protect mission and order us to build 1000 more troops in Mysore.

13 June - I send a diplomat to begin improving relations with Ceylon. They are Buddhist, and specifially Theraveda, so we have a negative relations with them, so I want to massage that a bit if I might.

15 June – I get a Royal Marriage offer from Kochin. I accept.

25 July – Our army is built and we now have 6000 troops just like our river. We get an event for a decade – Thriving Arms Industry which gives is -15% recruitment time and -10% costs.

For our next mission, the new mission is to get access to the Sea via South Kanara, and then of course to Save Them and Improve out Prestige. Two out of three missions are to take South Kanara. I choose the Save the People one, and we gain a Conquest CB for Malabar to free our people.

So let’s take a closer look at Malabar.

Our relations are at -103
We are each each other’s rivals

They are allied with Madurai and Venad. We are allied with Vijayanagar, Madurai, and Kochin

Due to our alliances, this might be doable soon

2 August – I order another 1000 troops in Mysore

14 Sept – A huge war has spread out, engulfing the northern Indian states:

Delhi begun the Delhi Reconquest of Katechar against Juanpur.

Delhi and their allies – Bengal, Nagaur, and Jangladesh. They are warring against Juanpur, Mewat, Mutan, Bagelkhand, Khandesh, and Gujrarat.

25 Sept – I jack our military maintenance back up

I turn our leader into a General and send him to our men.

1 January, 1446 – I pull back one of our diplomats.

3 January – Vijayanagar issues a independence guarantee to Malabar. Well that sucks. They are basically telling us to knck it off. Sigh..

13 January – he arrives home, I send im back and slash our budget again

Old 08-13-2015, 06:33 PM   #26
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

1 Feb – We get an event for the Sale of Titles. I order that Nobility cannot be bought and our stability rises!!!

1 Aug -- I buy another stability raise

14 Sept – In the north, land is beginning to change hands a bit.

17 December – Vijayanagar declare war upon Gurarat citing trade disputes

I start watching things a little more closely. Will there be a window doe us to Declare war on Malabar rand make it a fait accompli?

I increase my army maintenance a bit.

In a war like this my intention will be to strike quickly. So I need that flexibility.

7 Mar, 1447 – It’s time. I declare a Conquest CB on Malabar for the province of South Kanara

Kochin and Madurai do not join us. I’m not at war with almost all of South Inida, but the forces we are wagining against aren’t here, save for Malabar

26 Mar – We win a major victory in their capital of Malabar.

I follow them to South Kamara

They flee from us and we begin a siege.

11 May - -We capture South Kanara (No fort)

15 May – The Timuraids entered an alliance with Malabar

13 June – Kochin offers us an alliance again, and I accept.

11 July – I accept an alliance offer from Madurai

I accept an offer to help Vijayanagar in their war against Gujarat, Khandesh, and Sunda

29 Sept – A 4000 strong Malabar army arrives in Mysroe and begins to siege us back

3 January, 1448 – They have a disease outbreak in Malabar

16 Aug – After a siege of 451 days, we have taken Malabar

I order our troops to raise the siege in Mysore

10 Sept – We drove them from our captial and chase them to South Kanara

19 Sept – We have routed their army and removed their fighting capacity.

We force them to give us South Kanara, 30 gold

Old 08-13-2015, 06:36 PM   #27
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Here I’ll take a post-war pic for you:

You can see the 40oo-ish troops we have in South Kanara. You can see the various benefits.

I spend the 96 ADM power it’ll take to make this province a core. Then I’ll look at it more fully in 17 months or so.

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 08-13-2015 at 06:36 PM.
Old 08-13-2015, 07:22 PM   #28
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abe Sargent View Post

12 Nov – Vijayanagar has agreed to our Marriage proposal. That gives us improved Foreign Contacts for a decade and extra relations for that time.

Marriage? Providing "extra relations"?

Well there's a real immersion killer, no realism to that at ALL

Old 08-13-2015, 07:32 PM   #29
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I jack our maintenance back down for y’all

24 Sept, 1449 – Peace has been forged between Vijayanagar and Gujarat. Vijayanagar took two provinces from their foes and grow in strength. And that war enabled us to get South Kanara from Malabar too.

10 Octo – Madurai broke their alliance with us

6 January, 1450 – Vijayanagar agrees to give us military access and that way I can smash folks to the south

25 February – South Kanara is now fully en-cored.

South Kanara – Our fellow Hindu and Kannada brothers here are mainly working the Tropical Wood harvesting and preparation. The Tropical, Jungle and Coastal province is gives us a path out to the sea. With a taxvalue of 4, the province I not doing too badly, but we are getting just .37 gold a month from there They have 6.3% unrest and 38.2% autonomy. It has no buildings not even a fort, and slots for 2. I have no desire to build a fort here, they have a huge cost. The development level is 10. I can spend 80 Admin, Mil ,or Dip to improve the province. It had 359 manpower, and 5.0 trade power.

This is opposed to Mysore, which is technically Drylands.

5 April – The Bahmanis declar a Conquest against Vijayanagar. We agree to join them in their war. We are allied against Bengal and Khodynt

21 April – Another small war breaks out, with Kochin against Baluchistan, Venad, and Najd.

23 June – In the major peace in the north, Bahamnis took Khandesh and it has been fully annxed.

27 April, 1451 – After the Bahmanis took two provinces from Vijayanagr, I wanted and slipped a small army behind their lines and arrive to begin a siege on their province of Golconda

22 May – I am forced to retreat before a force of 14000 move to release the siege

12 June – Kochin is now at peace

Old 08-13-2015, 07:33 PM   #30
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
Marriage? Providing "extra relations"?

Well there's a real immersion killer, no realism to that at ALL

Lol!

Old 08-13-2015, 08:18 PM   #31
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

28 Sept – I spend some Admin power to increase my taxes in Mysore province proper.

1 Feb, 1452 – With the war no where near me any more I jack down my maintenance. I now make around 1.5 gold a month

3 Feb – We get an event – Scandal at the Court- I Bribe an Advisor to take the blame so we lose some ducats but not stability

5 May – There was a small 2000 army from the Bahamanis next to us, and I sent my army over to send them back home and releasieve the siege in Malenadu

25 June – The battle takes too long and their 10000 forces arrive and they force us back

10 July 0 After maxing our relations with Ceylon, I send a diplomat to Orissa, a major sea state on the Indian east cost

19 Sept – Three more Vijayanagar provinces fall, and South Kanara is quickly taken as well

1 April, 1453 – We have built another 1000 cavalry in Mysore

8 June – I recapture South Kanara

13 August – I fled instead of facing an army of 20000. They are besieging Mysroe. That’ll likely tie up two armies for a long time. I order my army to circle around and then them again.

1 Oct – After I arrive to take down Golconda, they dispatch one of the armies from mYsore – a full 4 provinces away. It’s clear they are coming after me. I hold because a 9000 strong Vijay force is closing as well

23 Nov – After a long battle, our combined force wins the first major battle of theis war and flips the warscore from -31 to -23.

Now, they have 6 Vijayanagr provinces captured, but that was a hugh victoire! And the province falls to us as well

26 Feb, 1454 – We win another huge battle with the allied forces against another army broken off from Mysore, and another huge momentum swing

5 Apr – They hit us with a 3rd army, and while they lost 60% of their forces, they defeat us

I order another 1000 cavalry

9 Oct – We manipulate theiri forces around, hti them again, and win another major battle

20 Oct – Peace –

Vijayanagr is no longer the feudal lord of Jaffna.

That’s it

22 Oct – I take a Remove Malabar From the Map Mission and gain a Conquest CB on them

The War we just fought was good for us. First of all, we had a decided impact in keeping things close, and Vijayanagar didn’t lose some land to the blue beast. Secondly, we finish with a +200 maxed relations with them as well, so it’s unlikey they’ll come bothering us anytime soon. But thirdly?

They had to de-vassalize Jaffna, the one province nation on the north of Ceylon. And that could open up an opportunity for us. I send a diplomat to begin to build relations with them

Eventually I’m going to have to take on the big yellow blob, I get that. But right now, I don’t want them to look our way. I want to relax comfortably under their shadow, and absorb much of these smaller states in Southern India. Our next war will likely be to finish off Malaba And from there? Who knows?

I also like the idea of grabbing the rest of Ceylon under Jaffa as well. With my goal to unify these areas and thereby build an economic and military that can actually face a Bahamanis or Vijayanagar or Orissa on even terms.

I now have the CB for Malabar, and thence an opportunity to move up.

Old 08-13-2015, 08:44 PM   #32
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

24 December – Jaffna has sent diplomats to try to improve their relations bac kwith us

1 April, 1455 – We maximize relations with Orissa

We are making 1.3 g a month right now after army stuff

9 July, I don’t know why, but Ceylon just inexplicably decided to declare war against Vijayanagar for te province of Madurai.

I join our allies, and order our forces to send out

What I’d like to do ideally, is to marc hour forces to Ceylon and take them for ourselves, and then take something of theirs.

I ask for military access from Jaffna and they agree.

30 July – I accept an alliance offer from Jaffna, then a RM offer later on.

1 October – We arrive at the Jaffna province where the Ceylon forces are assembled.

12 Nov – I win the Battle of Vann iagainst 7000 Ceylon forces.

1 Dec – Vijayanagar is besieging their capital and use their province of Kandy.

31 Dec – We take Kandy (No Fort). I order our troops into Kotte.

3 March, 1456 – Ceylon loses the war (before its capital falls – we didn’t have enough warscore to get anything) and as to pay 10% war reparations for 10 years.

30 Mar – Vijayanagar has announced tat Gujurat is their new rival

9 April – Our Raja has passed. His heir is just 11, and therefore there will be a Regency Council until he is of age.

We lose a stability, and I buy it right back

Our Regency Council is really good – 2/4/3 – Long may it reign!!! 

19 April – We re-up our vows with Vijayanagar

I move to worship Shiva:

Shiva – Core Creation Cost - -10%, and Aggressive Expansion Impact - -5%

Old 08-13-2015, 09:26 PM   #33
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

19 June – We get an event – The Families Left Behind

The Recent War Took a Heavy Toll On Our People.

How to help them?

Ease the Tax Burden for 5 Years – 15% taxes
More Lenient Drafting – 5 years of -20% manpower
This is the Price to be Paid – 5 years of National Unrest

I choose the 3rd.

I love all of the options available post-Common Sense

For example:

Want to reduce your war exhaustion? Spend some Dip power to do so!
Want to deal with Rebels? You can spend some Mil power to send out the troops and drop unrest in that province by 30%.

1 October, 1456 –

Military Tech 3 – Late Medieval Military – We get +.50 Morale

2 February, 1457 – I hire a guy:

Timmaraja Billava, level 1 Military Tech, age 43

1 May, I begin to preoare for our next war by jacking up maintenance

27 July – Our truce with Malabar has expired. They have 3000 troops in their Capital. My army is in South Kanara because the boundary between it and Malabar is not over a river.

Feh. I forget that I can’t declare war during a Regency. Back down the maintenance goes.

1 Jan, 1458 – I have another national decision ready if I want:

Support the Haridasa Movement:

Lasts forever
Stability Cost - -10%
Missionary Strength - +2

Mutually exclusive with Advaita

That one would give me-1 National Unrest and the same strength. Do I prefer the Unrest or Stability benefit?

I like the Unrest one a bit more. I cn’t unlock it until I have someone with ADM 3 or more. Neither the council nor the heir qualify. And I don’t need missionaries right now, so I’ll skip it.

12 February, 1458 – We get a Promising Trader event – I don’t have the cash for two though

5 Aug – We have maximized relations with Jaffna. Next will be another run with Orissa

1 Oct –

We have gained Medieval Admin – We get +10% production and we can support rebels abroad

2 Feb – 1459 – Relations have been maxed

Old 08-13-2015, 09:34 PM   #34
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

1 May –

Dip 3 – The Early Carrack –

Max Colonial Range, +10% trade efficient, bonus Naval Morale, Maintenance, and Settle Growth and we can build an Early Carrack

3 July – Jaffna gets an event about importing Iron, and they have chosen us. (Mysore is an iron mining province after all).

1 February, 1460 – Our advisor has passed

14 February – 1460 – Our ruler has now come of age:

Raja Chamaraja II Ummatur

2/3/3

15 years old

I move him to general, and jack up that maintenance again

4 Apr – Some rebels are popping up in Vijayanagar. They are 15,000 pretenders

1 May - Bengal, Delhi, Bahmanis and a few smaller states are at war with Orissa, and some of their minors. Vijay is distracted.

This seems like a good time to annex someone.

Old 08-13-2015, 10:22 PM   #35
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I only call on Kochin.

War:

Us and Kochin vs

Malabar, Madurai, and Venad

That’s looking like a winning draw to me. There’s an outside chance I can be a real nasty guy and do something antagonistic to Madurai and Venad.

20 May – Their forces arrived in Malabar and routed their 5000 strong army.

14 Feb, 1461 – the pretender rebels in Vijaya anagr have taken their first province

31 Mar – Another falls to the rebels

28 July - We take Malabar. I order our forces to Venad.

22 Aug – We defeat the main Venad force and Kochin is sieging them. The Madurai force has arrived in Malabar and I order our troops to head back

29 Sept – Although it was longer and harder than we had expected, we won in Malabar against the Madurai army

17 Oct – We followed them into Kochin and routed them. I order our army to their capital, while Kochin is taking Venad.

1 Nov – A third province falls to the rebels

24 Nov – We get an event:

Seeing the Real You – My wife wants me to pray and meditate more. I choose how much shee means to be and we get a good, strong heir:

Yadu Raya – 5/4/1.

14 Jan, 1462 – We get an event for a Merchant Defects. I choose to go with Increased Free Trade for 10 years, +10% trade income, -10% spy

1 Oct – Venad falls to Kochin

I don’t want to take Venad for Kochin, so I hold off for now.

12 May, 1463 – We finally take the Madurai province and get a full 100 warscore. Now we can write our ticket:

1). I annex Malabar
2). I force-vassalize Madurai
3). I annex Venad
4). We gain 64 gold

We get a huge badboy rating, and 10.6 Aggressive Expansion Relations,

Old 08-13-2015, 10:25 PM   #36
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Let’s give you another pic…..

There we have it,. You can see us in Malabar and Venad provinces. Our ally, Kochin, is the pink land between us. Our vassal, Madurai, is to the east of Venad. Out other major ally in the area, Jaffna, can be seen. This was the first major step towards uniting the Southern Indian states. We took out Malabar, Venad, and then gained a vassal as well. I order the 86 ADM it’ll take to secure Malabar and the 51 for Venad, proper, and then our army will be in Venad for now.

After completing our tasks, I get a new bonus – Inspiring Victory - +10% manpower recovery and +1 prestige annually for ten years. Our next missin is to rebuild our manpower.

I order a diplomat to begin to enhance relations in Madurai.

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 08-13-2015 at 10:26 PM.
Old 08-14-2015, 09:01 AM   #37
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

23 June – Madurai wants to be a March, not a Vassal, and sends us a missive.

As a March – no taxes, and no annexation possibilities. But, they are given many bonuses in manpower, recruitment, etc. I decline. I don’t need an ally, I need the money and, eventually, the land

1 July – Uh oh….

Vijayanagar broke their alliance with us. They have dropped their opinion of us to -14. This comes in part from their -137 desire to own 5 of our provinces.

I grant Kochin Military Access after they ask for it

The good news is that I won’t get pulled into any more wars by Vijayanagar, but the bad news is that they could assault us at any time.

I choose Vijay as our rival

Kochin got into a minor war that they wanted to move across our land for.

6 Aug – I get military access back from Kochin

I send someone to improve relations with Bahmanis. Maybe the rival of our rival….

5 Nov – A small force of 4000 troops arrive in Kochin and begin to siege it

16 Feb – 1464 – We get a Diplomatic Insult from Vijayanagar. I use it as an opportunity to dial back the crazy.

5 June – Another 5000 troops arrive in Kochin.

1 July – I hire a level 1 Natural Scientist, with a bonus to Production Efficiency – Mallappa Ummattur, 36 years old

16 Sept – Malabar becomes one of our blood and patrimony

6 Oct – Kochin falls

11 Oct – Kochin gives up cash and War Rep for their foes amd has to annul their treaty with Sind. That’s going to push them right to us I suspect – we are their only ally left now

16 Nov – Venad is now a patrimony as well

1 Dec – The culture of Malayalam is now fully accepted in our nation.

Our two new additions:

Venad – This spice jungle coastal province is on the tip of India proper. It just has a tax base of 2 though, and mkes 0.12 gold a month for us, with 5% unrest and 48.1% autonomy. The Malayalam and Hindu people here have 2.3 trade power, 234 manpower. Venad is claimed by us, Venad, Ceylon and Vijayanagar. It is south of Kochin, barely touches the Vijayanagar province of Madurai (not to be mixed with the nation) and the Madurai Nation of Tirunelveli. It’s not very developed and just has a development level of 7.

Malabar
– The Spice trade is big here and the Hindu Malayalam people here have a huge trade power of 29.2, 284 manpower, and make 0.32 monthly with 3 taxbase, and 9 development. 7.2% unrest and 38.1% autonomy are here as well. Malabar is properly adjacent to Kochin, the Vijay province of Kongu, and then Mysore and South Kanara. Jungle, but also a coastal center of trade

My major goals now are to spend some time dropping our war exhaustion, working on our tech, growing our manpower back up, and then dropping our badboy image, and finally, working to bring Kochin and Jaffna more fully under our own umbrella.

Old 08-14-2015, 03:06 PM   #38
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

4 May, 1465 – This is the perfect time to strike with Kochin. They have no army, and were badly beaten in a war recently. They have no where else to turn.

I want to do what I can to bring them into our fold diplomatically

Orissa has lost badly and multiple provinces of theirs are dropping to Bahmanis.

1 June – I send 25 ducats to Kochin as a gift

9 July – We send a declaration of a guarantee for Kochin.

7 January, 1466 – We offer Vassalization to Kochin. It’s a big mean world out there after all. They accept.

We had a huge bonus to them:

+26 for economic base
+10 Royal Marriage
+10 Friendly
+3 Relations
-19 Military Power
-1 Trust

So at 49 vs 20, they join willingly

Jaffa has entered a minor war too with their allies Brunei and Arakan.

20 Feb – We get an event:

Merchants Worried About Lack of Protection

I choose:

For 6 months lowered trade range and efficient for That is Why is is Called Free Trade option

28 Feb – A peasant revolt strikes our vassal in Madurai. I order our forces in.

Mar 7 – Ming has a Civil War

18 May – Vijayanagar is continuing to have rebellion problems

11 July – I send my army and we defeat the peasants rebelling in Madurai’s land

1 Sept – I order 1000 cavalry in Venad

1 Nov, 1467 –

Pike Square (Mil 4) – W get +0.25 Tactics, and +0.5 morale

Old 08-14-2015, 03:59 PM   #39
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

2 Jan, 1468 –

Our Army is currently 10k – 4000 cavalry, and 6000 infantry. We have 123 gold, 6183 manpower (max is 12k). We make 1.5 gold a month, and that’s with our advisor

I can afford someone else, so I hire Lakshima Gowda, a 40 year old Trader for imrpove our Trade Efficiency

I spend some Admin to improve our Tax Bax in Malabar and then put it at 10 development level

There are multiple nations, like Baglana and Gondwana that are looking to improve relations with us.

1 Nov – We enter another RM with Kochin after their leader passed

4 April, 1469 – We max relations with Kochin, Madurai, and Jaffna

24 April – Vijayanagar takes out their last rebelling province

3 July – I ask for, and get, military access from Orissa

7 August – I send a Royal Marriage to Orissa, and it is accepted, bringing us closer together.

15 Aug – Orissa sends us an alliance proposal, and I accept

27 Aug – Jaffna’s war has ended

19 Nov – Orissa removes Vijay as a Rival and moves to someone else

11 Feb, 1470 –

Temples (Admin 4) – We can build them!

Temple – Costs 115 gold, takes 12 months to build, and gives us +40% local taxes.

The result would be +0.2 gold a month from Mysore. That’s 6 gold a year, and it pays for itself in 20ish years. I invest it

24 Feb – We get an Exceptional Year event. I take +50% tax benefits for the next year

1 Mar – We finish our mission! I get National Unrest -0.5 for 10 years and +10% taxes from REcoviering Economy bonus.

Next mission – Protect against Vijayanagr – they have 13000 troops, and us 10k, so I order some made.

8 Apr – We caught Vijayanagar fabricating a claim on Mysore. They are continuing with it though.

18 Apr – Vijay cancel their access with us

It looks like things may begin to get some real

25 Aug – I increase our army maintenance a bit – not all of the way

There are 14000 rebels troops next door in Morasanadu, and they have taken 2 Vijay provinces.

1 Oct – We now have 12000 troops and we complete our mission. We get a Thriving Arms Industry bonus again for 10 years

We have 7000 infantry and 5000 cavalry

Old 08-14-2015, 04:40 PM   #40
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

11 Feb, 1471 – We finish building the temple

1 Oct –

Marketplace (Dip 4) – Better trade range, and we ca build these Marketplace things

Marketplace – 115gs and +50% local trade

26 Feb, 1472 – We get an event:

Improvements in Government Technology

I don’t want inflation, so I Use Caution and bump it slightly

1 March – Influenza breaks out in Venad, and I quarantine it

23 May 1473 – 10 years ago we took Madurai in war as a vassal. They are loyal, and view themselves as our subjects, and we have a 200 relations.

Are they willing to annex diplomatically?

This will take 10 years and occupy a diplomat for that decade.

We get some prestige, annex Madurai, and other vassals drop in opinion

Their province is pretty weak – Fish, 3 tax base, 8 development. But it removes another nation, and brings us more fully into absorbing this area. I’d rather get Kochin first. They have spices and connect our holdings. It’s the better grab. And we can start in 3 years with them. So I hold off for now

1 June – The Flu is over!

Old 08-14-2015, 05:15 PM   #41
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

1 Mar, 1474 –We get a Gift to the State event

12 Dec – I order a marketplace in Malabar

8 May, 1475 – With a score of 53 to -40, Jaffna becomes our Vassal

11 June – I begin to Fabricate a claim on Kotte, the capital of Ceylon. I’d rather go south efirst, before hitting Vijayanagar

I couldn’t fabricate it before, but now that our vassal shares a border, it works

19 Aug – We get a National Epic Event

I fund it and we gain, for 20 years, a National Epic, that gives us +1 prestige annually

14 Jan, 1476 – I offer to annex Kochin, and they accept

18 June – We gain that claim on Kotte, the capital of Ceylon

20 Aug – We find an agent of Ceylon fabricating a claim against us in Venad. I begin to massage my army up, and move it to Ceylon

4 December – Kochin has joined our Illustrious Nation!!!

Results:

We get +5 prestige
Our relations with Madurai and Jaffna drop 30 each
We get -3 Diplomatic Reputation for 10 years

We gain 2000 Kochin Troops – both infantry

No ships though

Kochin – The Hindu Malayalam people work the spice trade in this jungle port province. They have a trade power of 2.7, development of 11, autonomy of 60%, 0.37 gold per month, 375 manpower, and nothing built here yet. Adjacent to our coastal provinces of Venad and Malabar, and adjacent to two Vijayanagar ones – Kongu, and Madurai.

Old 08-14-2015, 06:44 PM   #42
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I order a diplomat to Madurai to make nice

3 Jan, 1477 – Our forces are brought together in one big army of love

20 Jan – All of our forces are in Jaffna.

A look at Ceylon:

Ceylon has two provinces on the island, both are Teravada faith. We have a core on their capital of Kotte, and Jaffna one on Kandy. I want to attack, strike, and take Ceylon – perhaps vassalize, perhaps just grab land, I’m not sure yet.

I massage my maintenance and wait. They have 8000 troops, and 5 vessels.

20 Feb – I decline Jaffna’s desire to be a March instesd of a Vassal.

My ultimate goal is to grab Ceylon, and then diplomatically annex Jaffna to get the full island

6 April – The best thing to ever happen happened

Ceylon has declared war on Jaffna.

Now we are fighting a defensive war. Perfect!

Battle Lines:

Ceylon and their allies – Hsenwi, Pegu, and Sunda

Vs

Mysore (we claimed the lead because of our prestige)
Jaffa, Madurai,
Ally Orissa
Orissa’s Marches – Jharkhand, Garjat

That;s not a war, or a Ceylon, long for this world I hope

I order my forces toKotte

14 May – We win in Kotte and I order our troops to follow them

20 May – We rout them.

24 June – Kandy falls to us

28 Nov – Bahamanis has announced us as their rival

4 Jan, 1478 – I get a military divided event and chose to always attack and get +10% siegeing

3 Jun - We capture Kotte

They will accept peace for Kandy, but not everything – they still have that fleet. We don’t have a perfect warscore.

We can take Kandy and some gold. I was going to wage an aggressive war, so this works, and we leave them Kotte, with the Casus Belli already on it.

5 June – We agree to the deal

Old 08-14-2015, 06:45 PM   #43
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Here’s another image for you….

You can see the results post-war. We gained some prestige, and yet we didn’t get that much Badboy. This was another aggressive war by Ceylon, and we were the ones that made out. I finish this war with good manpower, ADM power, but fewer gold than normal however.

As you can see, the colors in this area are becoming increasingly white. I want to annex both Jaffna (to Kandy’s north) and Madurai later on (in that order). Once I do that, and I take Kotte and bring it in, that’ll end the first major stage of this dynasty. From there I can start to hit the yellow blob.

I spend 67 admin power to Core Kandy, and it’ll take a while – almost 3 years to do. After that it will be Missionary time. I’ll show you Kandy in more detail once it’s up and running, because right now it’s spice trade is getting me a mighty 0.09 gold a month due to losses form unrest, autotomy, and different cultures and religion.

If I want to Form Bharat, as of today I have 4 of the 15 provinces needed and cored – Kochi, Venad, Mysore, and Malabar. I need Kotte from Ceylon, but I don’t need the other two down here

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 08-14-2015 at 06:46 PM.
Old 08-14-2015, 07:16 PM   #44
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

17 June – I send a diplomat to improve relations with Jaffna

15 Sept – A new Raja rose to the throne in Jaffna. We enter into a new marriage

8 Dec – We discover an agent of Vijayanagar fabricating a claim on Malabar

1 February, 1479 – Our Scientist advisor passed.

I hire a Philosopher

27 July – Get Ready:

National Ideas (Level 5 Gvnment Tech)

We get +10% production and may now choose an idea!!!

SO what ideas to I like for Mysore?

Economic Ideas - Always solid, but it requires Admin to flesh out
Exploration Ideas or Expansion – If I wanted to begin colonizing the area, this would give us a Colonist to send out to places like the Maldives. But that’s not this dynasty.

Offensive Ideas , Aristocratic
Quality Ideas – All of these do a good job improving our army. Lets improve our army immediately. I’m at my force limits, so improving my current army seems best.

So what do I need right now? Cash? A better army?

Take, as an example, Aristocratic:

Level 1 - -15% cavalry, +10% cavalry ability
2 - +10% income from vassals
3 - +25% manpower
4 – Decays of tradition drops
5 – Another Diplomat
6 - -20% war exhanustion
7 - -10% military tech ost
For finishing +1 leader withut upkeep needed

That’s not bad..

Offensive?

1 - +1 shock
2 - -10% recruitment time
3 - +1 fire
4 - +100% prestige from land battles
5 - +20% siege
6 - +20% land force limit
7 - +5% DIsipline
+5% army recover speed when finished

Both of those are solid

What about, say, Economic:

1 - +10% taxes
2 - -20% construction
3 = 0.1 inflation reducation annually
4 -1 interest per annum
5 – -0.5 autonomy
6 - -10% land maintenance
7 - +10% production
-20% development costs

Yeah, Economic doesn’t do enough.

Espionage or Trade might be good long-term targets as well.

But for now….

I’m going in a different direction:

Most of the good military ideas have some junky ability I don’t want. Defensive front loads it, so I don’t normally bother. But we have peace and likely some time to build up.

Defensive Ideas –

I buy Battlefield Commissions. We get +1 Yearly Army Tradition. Whoop de doo.

Old 08-14-2015, 08:23 PM   #45
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

3 October – Gujurat declares a Reconquest CB on Vijayanagar

Sides:

Gujarat, Bahmanis
Vs
Vijay, Dhundhar, and Bastar

While this war goes on, could I use it to grab something like Kongu or Madurai from Vijay? I order a diploma to begin fabricating a claim on Madurai.

1 Nov – I spend my last 400 mil for….

Defensive Idea #2: Military Drill, +15% Morale of Armies

28 Jan, 1480 – I begin to leak my army to Jaffna, and prepare for a strike against Vijayanagar, just in case.

4 Mar – I get an Improvements in Trade Tech event and do it with caution.

12 July – As of right now, 6 Vijay provinces were captured by their foes, and one is still in the hands of rebels.

10 Oct – Our claims have been fabricated – more than half of the Vijay provinces are currently unoccupied, this is the perfect time to strike.

My wargoal is to take Madurai. I order my troops to cross to that province from Jaffna.

28 Nov – We capture Madurai and march on

28 Dec – I capture another non-fort province.

8 Jan, 1481 – Our vassals, Madurai, capture Kongu

12 Jan – Vijay gets peace and gives up a province with Gujurat.

28 Mar – The 2000 Madurai troops were defeated and routed by Vijayanagar

8 Apr – Kandy is now a part of our patrimony and I would order a Missionary here, but it appears to be impossible. Oh well.

5 Aug – After building up a couple of units, Madurai took another non-fort province

10 Oct – Sind, the Vijay enemy in another war land forces and takes a few land holdinsg as well

31 Jan, 1482 – We capture the fort city of Gingee

6 Mar – I get a Gift to the State. We capture two more non-fort provinces

1 Apr – I arrive in the capital and begin

10 Nov – I capture the capital, and now have a 63% warscore.

Let’s go shopping and see what deals I can unearth

Unfortunately, the province I want (Madurai) was conquered and has been cored by Maduri the vassal. As was Kongu. So I could take things I don’t want as much.

Just to see what would happen, I hit the suggest demands button:

68 ducats for me
Three provinces for Madurai,
Three cores for Madurai, and I get a TON of badboy – like 30

No thanks

I’m going to keep the battle going.

30 March, 1483 – We captured other provinces, like Goa and North Kanara – now we are at 74%

I’m at 12 gold left, so I need peace soon.

I’m not going to take 8 provinces of low level and jump my badboy to incredibly high levels.

The most expensive places to take, and therefore with some value are Goa, Coromandel, and their capital, Vijayanagar. None of those are adjacent to me, and none of them are a place we have a claim on.

Coromandel is beside Orissa, and the other two are above us and next to Bahmanis. I don’t want to head there. Not yet, not this soon.

Here are provinces next t ome that I just took and I could grab –

Malendu – between Mysore and South Kanada on one side, and Bahamanis on the other, and cuts Vijayanagar in half. Which is nice. It’s not worth a lot.

North Kanara – North of us, along the coast, and also cuts of Vijay, and is adjacent to use in South Kanara and Bhamanis,

So here’s wjat I’m thinking

If I take North Kanara, Goa, and Malendu, I get three provinces, all next t oeach other and able to defeat one another. I get 12 badboy, which his a lot. But I can deal. I toss Maduria to Madurai – that’s no additional issues. That way I can walk from Ceylon to the mainland.

I force them to give us War Reparations, and to release a minor one-province nation called Ahmednagar. And I get 108 ducats to spend.

I spend some Admin power for coring our three captures

Old 08-14-2015, 08:46 PM   #46
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

18 Apr – I allow some random prince military access

13 May –

Dip 5 - Basic Financial Instruments – Range – 20, Trade Eff - +10%

Let’s take a look at Kandy:

Kandy – On the east coast of Ceylon is this island nation, sporting Sinhalense people and Theravada faith, a heathen one. They work the spice trade, have a base tax of 2, a 3.3 trade power, 150 manpower, 18.3% unrest, 47% autotomy, and the Jungle gives us just 0.12 gold per month

I order two Early Carracks with our blood money. Let’s begin to build a navy

The nation we freed, is a one province called Ahmednagar, a Hindu at the far end of the Vijaynagar area here. They agree to a Royal Marriage

19 June – Ahmednagar wants an alliance, but they are way up in dangerous territory. They are next to Gujarat, Bahmanis, and VIjaynagar, but I decide to accept.

16 August – Jharkhand has declared independence against Orissa. I join them

8 Mar, 1484 – A foreign military expert arrives. I pay him to train. We get an amazing general Yadu Raya Wodeyar, 6 fire, 3 shock, 3 maneuver and 3 siege. I swap leaders

8 Aug – Our truce with Ceylon has ended, but I can’t push right now.

1 Oct – Malenadu is now a core

13 Nov – North Kanara is now a ccore

5 Feb – 1485 – Jharkhand and Orissa keep going

1 Mar – I spend some Mil Power to quash the potential rebellion in Kandy for now

6 Apr – In prep for the next war, I gained a claim on the capital of Vijayanagar, which is next to Malenadu

13 May – I’m too war exhausted anymore. I negotiate a white peace with our foes on behalf of my team

Old 08-14-2015, 09:27 PM   #47
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

13 August – Madurai declares Independence against us!!!

Joining Madurai are:

Ethiopia
Kaffa
Jaffna
Khmer
Sukthothai

Here we go

27 Sept – We defeat the combined Jaffna/Madurai forces in Madurai.

1 Nov – We capture their capital,a nd now focus on the other province they have

11 Mar, 1486 – I get a Good Harvest event and put it into the Treasury

10 Apr – I grabbed a core on Tanjore, another Vijay province

30 Apr – Ceylon has stupidly decalred war against the alliance as well

4 May – Goa is now a core

5 May –Madurai falls

I order my forces to Jaffna

1 June – Ceylon asks for, and I give them military access

18 June – after my first warship was built, I win a naval battle against some smaller ships and secure the Comorin Cape and now I Can cross the straight to Jaffna

15 Aug – I begin to negotiate peace with the allies of Madurai. I want to isolate them

19 Sept – I just took out everyone but Madura iand Jaffna from the battle

I have a warscore of 82% now.

21 Sept – I annex Madurai’s land, and I get 82 ducats

I order a Castel built in Goa

I spend a serious amount of Admin power to order cores for our two news provinces.

That wasn’t the way I wanted to do that

Old 08-14-2015, 11:21 PM   #48
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I still have this battle between Ceylon and Jaffna I need to figure out

I can try to force them to peace, but I don’t have enough force to do so.

Or I could just declare war against them, capture their holdings, and move on

I declare war against them and move in

7 December, Vijayanagr r is now part of a huge war

10 June, 1487 – We capture Kotte, Ceylon has already grabbed Vanni from Jaffna.

2 Febryar, 1488 – I finally find and defeat the Ceylon army that had fled and captured Goa from me

22 Feb – Madurai is now a Core

1 Mar – Tamil is now an accepted culture

We take 137 ducats and Kotte. I order ti to be cored. However, it appears that Jaffna is no longer a vassal of us.

I want to give you a map now, but the 50 year review is in 6 years, so Ima wait

Malenadu – The Hills here feature Kannada and Hindu folk here make 0.32 gold for us monthly from the coffee picking and production. There is 12.3% unrest, 49.2% autonomy, and they make 4 in ttaxvalue, 10 production level, 456 manpower and 3.7 trade power. This province is north of Mysore and east of South and North Kanaras. Is is south of Savanur, a Bahmanis holding, and west of both Vijaynagar and Morasanadu.

North Kanara – Another jungle, coastal (hills) province, Kannadan Hindus make 0.35 g from spices. There’s idnetial unrest and autonomy. They have 10 development here as well, 304 manpower, 4.7 trade, and 4 tax value. North Kanara is up the shore from South, and down the shore from oa – insland is Savanur in Bahamanis, and then Malenadu

Goa – The northernmost possession we currently have, the spice trade is big here in the tropical hills of Goa. This Center of Trade sports 0.26 gold, the people here are Hindu and have an unaccepted culture – Marathi. 11.4% unrest, 49.2% autonomy, 28.8 trade power, 139 manpower, 11 development, 4 tax base and we are building a castle here. Goa is above and up the coast from North Kanara, above the coast is South Konkan (Vijay), and inland are Desh and Savanur – both Bahamnis possession

9 March – I send a warning to Jaffna

26 March 0 Turunelveli is now a core:

Madurai – The Tamil Hindu folk work the valuable silk trade here, and they send us 1.02 g a month. With 18 development and a 7 taxvalue, the land has some strong economic growth potential. It featuers 13.4% unrest, 39.9% autonomy, and the highlands here are not tropical. Maduria has a cross over the Comorin Cape to Jathe province of Vannim controlled by Jaffna . It’s south of three Vijayanagar holdings, and adjacent to three of ours – Kochin, Venad, and Tirunelveli. Madurai has a Temple as well.

Tirunelveli – This was formerly the capital of the Madurai nation. It’s just a place for fishing, as the Tamil Hindu folks here have just a tax value of 3, 8 development, 300 manpower, 3.7 trade value, and 13.4% unrest with 49.9% autonomy. The grasslands here are non-tropical, and adjacent to Venad and Madurai.

1 April – We buy this Idea:

Improved Maneuver - +1 Land Leader Maneuver

We also unlock the first South Indian National Idea:

Merchants of Southern India:

+20% Trade Range

Considering my massive war-chest of booty, I want to invest in something:

I order a Marketplace in Madurai, 4 transport vessels, a third Early Carrack, 2 Barques

Old 08-15-2015, 12:06 AM   #49
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

11 April – 7000 peasants rebel in Goa.

30 April – I kill them

6 June – Baluchistan and Gujarat are not at lace after a major war in the north

14 July – Orissa lost their wat and Jharkhand won their independence and got sold gold and such

4 Nov – So here’s what our budget is looking like right now:

4.46 g.moth in taxes
1.86 g a month in production
3.86 p a month is trade
0.65/month in war reparations

4.52 100% army maintenance – We have a large potential for rebels for a while, and our army is in Goa, next to Bahamnis and Vijayanagar. 1.45 g advisors, 0.96 fleet, 0.5 forts

We are making 3.4 g a month

I dial back my naval maintenance

I hire a level 1 Theologian who gives us -2% National Unrest and builds out government as well

4 Jan, 1489 – We manufacture a CB against Vanni, Jaffna’s province

6 April – Marketplace in Madurai is completed

31 July – I get a random alliance offer from Kathiwar. No thanks

16 Dec – The wall in goa is finished.

16 Mar – 1490 – I get an event for Cities Demand Old Rights –

I accept and lose 20 legitimacy

26 Mar – I spend some MIL to deal with rebels in Ceylon

14 Apr – I get an event and choose to accept the help of some shady people and we get +10% offensive spy stuff for 5 years.

1 July – I order a Temple built in Goa

28 Jan, 1491 – I order more transports and Barques

3 Mar – I gained another claim on Vijayanagar territory. I send another.

10 Mar – Kotte is now a full on core

Kotte – This former capital of Ceylon is the home o f a local Center of Trade, with tropical grasslands, spices traded ere, and the various Sinhalese Theravada residents giving us 15,1% unrest, 36.3% autonomy, and they have a tax base of 6, development of 11, and make 0.46 g for us monthly, with their Temple. They have a 28.9 trade power, 204 manpower, and then they are south of Vanni and west of Kandy.

I intend to take Vanni from Jaffna soon, after the truce wears off.

1 October – Our Trade adviser has passed

I hire a Military one instead.

Commandant Sri Kurup, 42, +5% discipline

He’s level 2. Hiring him drops the money we make to –0.3, but have plenty of cash in reserves right now.

Since I’m spending Military Tech for our Ideas and dealing ewtih rebels right now, it just seems like the right time to push hm

Old 08-15-2015, 12:36 AM   #50
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

22 Jan, 1492 – Not that I care too much, but Sind announced that Vijayanagar is their new rival

19 Mar – I get an event – Golden Era for our Culture.

With peace in our culture, the great musicians, artists, and poets are rejoicing and entertaining. We gain 5 prestige abroad

27 Mar – I gain another claim vs Vijayanagar

1 June – We complete some boats and finish our Proper Fleet mission – we get:

Thriving Ship Building Sector, for 10 years, -15% shipbuilding time and costs

29 July - I tell my fleet to protect trade in Ceylon, where we are getting the most value.

I choose to convert Kandy as my next mission

5 Aug – I order a Missionary to Kandy just to see what can happen

I spend some MiL to buy down the Ceylon rebels

13 Mar, 1493 – We get a final claim on Vijay. We now have claims on 7 of their holdings

1 Aug –

Dip 6 – Shipyard

We can build them

12 November, 1494 – It’s time for our....