Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 09-05-2015, 05:53 PM   #1
Izulde
Head Coach

FM 14: A Thorney Situation

Back to FM 14, because I'm a glutton for punishment or something. :P

Thorney is a town of just above 1,700, and the club badge features Thorney Abbey, a monastery that made the village an important religious center for a handful of centuries. The Dukes of Bedford wanted to make Thorney a modern village, so they had a bunch of houses built that are all similar to each other in the village center, making it a primary characteristic of the 2013 Thorney.

I also posted on the club's FB page asking what their nickname is, if any. We'll see if I get a response. :P

We're utilizing a 4-1-2-1-2 setup to start the season.

@ Moulton Harrox Reserves
G: Dermot McMurray
D: Chay Dysart/Nick Beaverstock/Richard Langthorne/Ricky Hanson
DM: Jordan Wright
M: Adam Walker/Tristan Kabongo
AM: George Gaskin
ST: Sam Griffiths/Adam Cornell

12 - Great. Griffiths is hurt with a green cross, so I have to put Adam Lloyd in.

24 - Dysart fetches the ball on a clearance just outside the box and passes it to Lloyd, who dribbles away to the wing for a long cross. The opposing goalie leaps up to deflect it, but the ball bounces up and right back down, where Cornell is there to put it in. They cry offsides, but the goal stands. 1-0

62 - It's been a poor game by Langthorne, so Mark Pulling goes in.

73 - Wide open shot for Lloyd and he shanks it.

74 - Simple, clean center to Kabongo by Dysart, and upon receiving the pass, Gaskin tries a crack angle just outside the box. Stunningly, it finds its way home! 2-0

Player of the Match goes to George Gaskin with an 8.3, but Adam Cornell grabbed a 7.3, and the lowest rated starter still in the game was Jordan Wright's 6.7. Most were around a 7 or 7.1.

GK
Dermot McMurray (27) - 3.5/3.5
Matthew Davies (18) - 1/5

Davies is a season long loan from a Welsh club. McMurray could probably use an upgrade, but he played solidly for us first game.

DL
Chay Dysart (28) - 5/5
Matthew Pulling (35) - 2/2

Dysart is someone I think I've had before. Fabulous debut. We need to get some more youth in here.

DC
Richard Langthorne (24) - 5/5
Adam Walker (31) - 5/5
Nick Beaverstock (38) - 4/4
Mark Pulling (35) - 4/4

Lots of strong depth here, but again, we need some more youth.

DR
Ricky Hanson (26) - 5/5
Mark Pulling - 4/4
Sam Griffiths (24) - 2/2
Adam Lloyd (20) - 5 silver/3

Griffiths and Lloyd are strikers naturally, but they provide us coverage down low.

DM
Jordan Wright (18) - 5/5
Mark Pulling - 2/2
Tristan Kabongo (30) - 1/1
Nick Beaverstock - 0.5/0.5

Wright is great, and a player I hope we can keep on the club long-term. Another DM would be terrific so I can move Wright up maybe.

MC
Adam Walker - 5/5
Jordan Wright - 5/5
Tristian Kabongo - 3/3
Shaun Popple (24) - 1/1

A little weak here if an injury happens. Need to hunt more.

AMC
Jordan Wright - 1/4.5
George Gaskin - 0.5/5

Gaskin, despite getting slammed, was PotM, so I may just ignore this. Depth is an issue, however.

ST
Sam Griffiths - 4.5/5
Adam Cornell (24) - 4/5
Adam Lloyd - 1.5/5
George Gaskin - 1/5

Really liking how we are here, despite the low rating of our depth players.

Transfer In - MC/DC/DM/MR Jason Burt (23)
Depth player who can cover a variety of positions for us in case of injuries.

7th vs Langtoft United (13th)
M: Adam Walker/Jason Burt
ST: Sam Griffiths/Adam Cornell

Giving Tristian Kabongo a break and testing out our new signing.

47 - We've had a couple set piece shots, and Hanson has nearly delivered us a goal twice, but no soap. Here, Burt gets hurt and Kabongo's day off ends.

52 - There goes the shutout streak. 0-1

55 - Griffiths hurt, so in is Lloyd.

69 - Twice we should have converted, but just missed.

Tough loss to swallow, as this was a game we should have been able to win, but luck just wasn't with us today.

Adam Walker and Adam Lloyd are appointed captain and vice-captain for the season.

9th @ AFC Stanground (7th)
ST: Adam Lloyd/Adam Cornell

Griffiths is still hurt, so Lloyd gets the nod today.

16 - Typical me dynasty already. 0-1

20 - Kabongo cuts it inside to Cornell, who keeps the lateral passing going to Walker. The defense misses the interception into the box, and Lloyd delivers this time. 1-1

25 - Lloyd was so not offsides!

60 - Burt replaces a tired Walker

71 - Hanson free kicks it into the box, where Burt is unmarked and puts it away! 2-1

73 - Knocked out of the game completely is Beaverstock, necessitating Pulling in.

7.1 for Adam Lloyd and 7.3 for Jason Burt, who also got a couple more awesome breakaways that were unfortunately called offsides.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)

Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2015, 05:56 PM   #2
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

Or something! I'll be following Beaverstock and anticipate his presence in many a profanity-laden tirade before you quit in three seasons.
Brian Swartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2015, 08:12 PM   #3
Izulde
Head Coach

6th vs Sutton Bridge United (11th)
D: Chay Dysart/Mark Pulling/Richard Langthorne/Ricky Hanson

Endurance issues give Pulling and Lloyd starts.

9 - Hanson sends it down the field to Cornell on the right wing. A cross to Lloyd's head, and it's in. Maybe he'll completely supplant Griffiths in the lineup? 1-0

13 - Once again, Hanson kicks it to Cornell, who draws out the defense by dribbling out to the right touchline for a new move. Then he crosses to Lloyd, who kicks it in this time. 2-0

Oops. At halftime I tell them not to get complacent, and our strikers and midfielders are like Wot? My backline pays attention, however and is fired up.

71 - Burt and Popple replace Walker and Kabongo respectively, because they're looking mighty tired.

Our entire backline was 7 or better, showing I made the right move in warning against complacency at half. Tops was 7.4 for Ricky Hanson. Other topshelf performers: PotM Adam Lloyd at 8.8 and 7.4 for Adam Cornell.

3rd vs Ketton (6th)

26 - Bleh. 0-1

29 - Pulling in for the error-prone Hanson, who gave up that goal.

52 - After I tell them they played like ass in the first half, Walker to Gaskin and a beautiful ball to Lloyd later, we're tied. 1-1

67 - Burt is on for Walker

76 - Burt starts a move by passing to Gaskin, who sends it to Lloyd. Defense starts going after our 20 year old, but he crosses to Cornell, who hits a long shot just inside the box, and it finds the way home. 2-1

78 - Twice lucky there. Once they didn't shoot when they should have, the next it was in, but offsides.

80 - We move Pulling up to DM in place of Wright, and Griffiths finally gets back in a game... at DR.

83 - Burt sends it to Gaskin, who just like Cornell, breezes by the D and tries an audacious shot that whistles in! 3-1

92 - They recover a corner from us, race all the way down field, and we can't get set enough on the resulting cross to stop the makeup goal 3-2

7.8 a piece for George Gaskin and Adam Lloyd, the latter of whom won PotM. 7.1 for Adam Cornell and 7.0 for Mark Pulling, even though we played very mediocre outside of that group of four.

With the win, we move up to auto-promotion at 2nd place with 12 points. Teams below us have 10 points.

Training
Adam Walker (Attacking - Bad)

Board is satisfied. $7.97k profit.

Really? Only satisfied?! Adam Lloyd signing is getting props. The narrow loss is the only butthurt.

Transfer In - DM/MC Glenn Knight (27)
May get a crack at starting, given Walker's drop.

2nd @ King's Cliffe (5th)
M: Glenn Knight/Tristan Kabongo

It turns out the pickup was one of serendipity, as I missed the message where Jason Burt got a sports hernia and is out another month.

6 - Wow!!! A field long skip pass by Hanson finds Lloyd, who runs past everyone to fire the shot in the net! 1-0

27 - Dysart's sent off with an injury, so Pulling steps in.

33 - Meh. 1-1

45 - Their goal is disallowed.

46 - They sink a free kick 1-2

Walker goes in for Beaverstock at the half, as Nick cost us both those goals.

66 - Chewed out the team, too. Our corner is cleared, but Lloyd is there to one-shot hot shot the volley and it *just* finds the corner of the net. 2-2

67 - Ballsy intercept by Langthorne to set up a move that caps off in Knight laying a beautiful shot for Cornell, who promptly shanks the fuck out of it.

77 - Griffiths for Cornell.

Really feel like we should have managed the 3 points today. Rough tie to take, since it drops us back to third.

Which means someone will steal him in the offseason. Still awesome to see.

3rd @ Long Sutton Athletic (11th)

23 - Injury to Hanson means Pulling is in, but before that happens, they score. 0-1

53 - Lloyd is tired and sucking, so Griffiths jumps in.

77 - Awesome fluke goal is disallowed with bullshit Griffiths offside call.

We were absolutely pathetic this game. Never really in it at all.

Nick Beaverstock has stunk lately, so he's going to get replaced in the lineup.

Poor Trains
Nick Beaverstock - Fitness
Chay Dysart - Fitness

Board is pleased. $4.43k profit.

3rd vs Petersborough Sports Reserves (5th)
D: Chay Dysart/Adam Walker/Richard Langthorne/Ricky Hanson

61 - Griffiths moves to Lloyd's spot, who slides over to replace Cornell.

68 - Fucking pathetic. 0-1

76 - Out Kabongo with injury, in Popple.

81 - Hanson drives the free kick to Walker, who crosses to the far left. Knight is there to diving head the ball in! 1-1

Despite the tie, we drop to 4th, and are now 2 points behind the promotion places. We need to get our heads out of asses and get back to winning.

Old 09-05-2015, 08:17 PM   #4
Izulde
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Swartz View Post
Or something! I'll be following Beaverstock and anticipate his presence in many a profanity-laden tirade before you quit in three seasons.

Yeah, the Beav was good for two months before his brittle old man hips couldn't keep up anymore. :P 3 seasons seems about right.

Old 09-06-2015, 02:57 AM   #5
Izulde
Head Coach

4th vs Netherton United Reserves (2nd)

4 - Beaut of an interception by Hanson at midfield and the move caps off with a laser of a pass into the penalty area for Cornell by Lloyd, and our Ivy League last name striker scores. 1-0

20 - A knock for Lloyd, but I'll let him run it off until half.

Griffiths replaces Lloyd at half.

74 - Pulling at DR, Burt at DM.

84 - ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME WITH THAT SLOPPY FUCKING BACKPASS, BURT?!?! 1-1

This is a game we should NOT have given up a late goal. I take full blame for this one, subbing Burt in.

Transfer In - DL Chris Long (21)
Great potential and I love his positioning, teamwork, and work rate. A young player we can groom behind Chay Dysart. I'll probably try starting him, as Dysart has looked a bit sluggish the last few games.

Transfer In - DC Gary Colborne (23) - From Merthyr Town
Instantly our best central defender, now and in the future. This kid is a real steal for our club (the same one we loaned the goalie from), and now I can afford to adjust the backline further.

6th @ Holbeach Reserves (11th)
D: Chris Long/Adam Walker/Gary Colborne/Ricky Hanson

36 - Kabongo hoofs it to Lloyd's head in the box, but it bounces off the post. Knight is there to catch the rebound, but has to juke out a four defender swarm on the line before he can nip it in. 1-0

74 - Burt replaces Kabongo, Pulling pops in at DR

90 - I'm screaming in rage and angrily throwing my keys onto the floor when a long goal finds home for them, but then it's called offsides. Pulling goes to DC to replace the heroic but exhausted Colborne and Griffiths slides in at DR.

7.8 for PotM Glenn Knight and 7.0 for Gary Colborne, as we *finally* break out of the slump.

Good Train
Adam Lloyd (Fitness)

Bad Train
Adam Walker (Fitness)

The board is absolutely delighted, and we've made $6.4k profit.

Transfer In - MC/MR/AMC Tom Brooks (24) - From Ramsbottom
On paper, more talented than George Gaskin, so maybe we'll give him a shot and see how he handles the AMC slot.

5th @ Stamford Belvedere (3rd)
D: Chris Long/Adam Walker/Richard Langthorne/Ricky Hanson
M: Jason Burt/Tristan Kabongo
AM: Tom Brooks

35 - After umpteen offsides calls on our squad, Brooks shoots a laser beam into the box for the streaking Burt, who fakes the defense out of their shorts and slams in the goal. I've noticed he's most effective as an attacking CM like he is in this lineup. 1-0

61 - Popple on for an exhausted Burt

72 - Knock for Cornell, so in comes Griffiths

78 - Pulling in for a tired and sucking Walker

85 - YOU FUCKING CUNTFUCKING SHITWHORE FUCKIGN POST BOUNCING THE FUCKING BALL IN!!! EAT MY FUCKING SHIT!!!! 1-1

90 - Brooks gets a loose ball deep in our half, and on the other end of the pitch, he takes the pass from Wright and plays a beautiful one in the box for Griffiths, who *finally* gets his first goal of the year, despite shouts of offsides, which is totally not true. 2-1

8.3 for PotM Jason Burt, 7.8 for Tom Brooks in a gorgeous debut. Brooks was freaking *everywhere* on the highlights, doing a phenomenal job on the defensive side of the ball, too. 7.3 for Griffiths with the goal-winner as well.

And for the first time this season, we're in 1st place.

Last edited by Izulde : 09-06-2015 at 02:58 AM. Reason: Forgot to put new transfer's age
Old 09-06-2015, 05:07 AM   #6
Izulde
Head Coach

1st vs Farcet United (8th)
D: Chris Long/Gary Colborne/Richard Langthorne/Ricky Hanson
DM: Mark Pulling
M: Jason Burt/Tristian Kabongo
AM: Jordan Wright

George Gerwin is out 5-6 weeks with a twisted ankle, once again making a signing serendipitous. Oh, and Tom Brooks literally debuted the day he signed his contract last game. But Brooks is out too, 2 months with strained knee ligaments, and Glenn Knight has a virus of 8 days. I wasn't informed of the latter two injuries, much to my annoyance.

As a result, a very threadbare, jury-rigged lineup.

20 - Down goes Burt with injury, and Popple pops in.

40 - We're getting completely outclassed here 0-1

Griffiths replaces Lloyd at halftime.

We were just unlucky, I guess. All those injuries, and we had a few times where I thought we were going to score, but got denied one way or the other.

Jason Burt tears his knee ligaments, and our curse continues as he's out 2 months himself.

Transfer In - AMC/MLCR Shane Adcock-Case (23)
Depth signing while we try and deal with all these injuries.

Transfer In - MC/MR/AMC Tom Maddison (22) - From Coalville
Quality all around young player who will step in as the starter at AMC for the time being, and battle for a starting spot once our players get back healthy.

Transfer In - DC/DM/MC Sam Johnson (24)
A huge depth upgrade at all three spots in the middle, given our injury crisis.

2nd vs Ryhall United (16th)
M: Sam Johnson/Tristan Kabongo
AM: Tom Maddison
ST: Adam Lloyd/Sam Griffiths

Lot of shuffling around here, and I feel like we can afford that with our playing the worst team in the league.

16 - Rattled against the crossbar my ass.

28 - Completely unacceptable. I switch our strikers in hopes of jumpstarting our poor offense. 0-1

Hair dryer treatment at half. No excuse for this shit.

54 - Griffiths to DR, Cornell at ST, and Colborne replaces Langthorne.

63 - FFS. Maddison out, Adcock-Case in.

75 - Johnson to Lloyd just outside the box. Adcock-Case gets the ball in the box, holds up play, and then lays off to Cornell in the penalty area for the easy score. 1-1

The late save by Adam Cornell is enough for 7.1 and PotM. Tom Maddison is out 5 to 7 weeks, continuing our insane run of AMC injuries.

BREAKING NEWS: THORNEY F.C. RESPONDED TO ME ON FACEBOOK!!!

Quote:
We don't have one but happy to throw it out there. Should we have a nickname and if so what should it be?

Very cool.

Good Train
Mark Pulling (Tactics)

Bad Train
Nick Beaverstock (Fitness)

Delighted board still. $5.85k profit.

2nd @ Warboys (12th)
D: Chay Dysart/Gary Colborne/Richard Langthorne/Ricky Hanson
M: Glenn Knight/Adam Walker
AM: Shane Adcock-Case

3 - Scorcher of a long ball by Dysart all the way down the field for Lloyd, who skips into the box, and cracks a diagonal shot that finds the net. Hell of a start. 1-0

4 - Hanson chips it to Walker, who sends it to Adcock-Case. Power dribbling into the box, and BAM! Wooooo! 2-0

5 - Lloyd at midfield puts it in the path of Knight. The defense gets to it, but a poor pass by them leaves Knight with the open shot and the charge is good!!! 3-0

42 - Oh well. Special note: Langthorne started the moves on at least 2 of our 3 goals with great takeaways. 3-1

49 - Cornell kicks a dynamite ball forward to Lloyd who is all alone out there. He dribbles to the half-circle and fires a potshot that goes home!!! Johnson in for the whatever Wright, which I'm a bit grr about. 4-1

56 - Shocking miss by them there.

69 - Damned fluke longshot goals. 4-2

76 - Pulling in for Langthorne

8.0 for Chay Dysart, 7.8 for Adam Walker, 7.6 for Glenn Knight, 7.3 for Shane Adcock-Case, and 8.8 for PotM Adam Lloyd. Easily our most complete, dominating victory of the season.

2nd vs Peterborough ICA Sports Reserves (6th)
DM: Sam Johnson
M: Adam Walker/Tristian Kabongo

56 - Griffiths for Cornell and striker swap.

73 - Adcock-Case on for Walker

85 - After watching Cornell shank two easy misses earlier in the game, Griffiths is there when Hanson's free kick bounces off the crossbar, and he puts it in. Colborne jogs on for Langthorne. Can we pull it out? 1-0

89 - Great interception/takeaway by Hanson, who quick passes to Lloyd. A ball forward finds Adcock-Case juking just inside the box, and a why not shot guarantees us victory! 2-0

7.3 for Ricky Hanson, 7.1 for Tristian Kabongo and Jordan Wright. 7.5 for Adam Lloyd, and Sam Griffiths (7.3) and PotM Shane Adcock-Case (8.0) play the role of super-subs, as the announcers note the team came out fired up after halftime talks. Wooo!

We still can't catch 1st place, though, and our lead on 3rd is still just 3 points. George Gaskin is back to full training, by the way, but I feel like he's been surpassed by all the talent we've brought in. Maybe not, though. It's hard to say.

Old 09-06-2015, 11:11 AM   #7
Greyfriars Bobby
College Prospect

It's good to see you giving FM 14 another go. What league do Thorney play in?
Greyfriars Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2015, 12:23 PM   #8
Izulde
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyfriars Bobby View Post
It's good to see you giving FM 14 another go. What league do Thorney play in?

In FM 14, it's a Level 12 league - Peterborough and District Football League Division One.

IRL, they moved up a tier to Level 11 and the P&DFL Premier Division after promoting last season (2014-15). So there's a chance I could achieve the feat a year earlier with players other than those on the club currently.

Old 09-06-2015, 02:54 PM   #9
Izulde
Head Coach

It's the halfway mark of the season, so good a time as any to post a couple screens.

Adam Lloyd is our rock, no question about it. Most surprising stat for me - Jordan Wright's 85% pass completion ratio leading the team.

(2nd) @ Langtoft United (12th)
D: Chay Dysart/Gary Colborne/Adam Walker/Ricky Hanson
M: Glenn Knight/Tristian Kabongo

1 - Sigh. Perfect setup for Cornell and he shanks it.

31 - Long in for Dysart, Griffiths for Cornell and striker switch.

71 - Griffiths is denied by the fucking crossbar. Wright moves to DM, Adcock-Case comes in at AM.

We were just unlucky today that none of those shots went in. But it was a day for draws for everyone at the top tier of the table.

Nick Beaverstock continues his crash.

$4.97k profit, so yay.

2nd vs Moulton Harrox Reserves (8th)
D: Chay Dysart/Mark Pulling/Adam Walker/Ricky Hanson
M: Shane Adcock-Case/Tristian Kabongo
AM: Tom Maddison

9 - Dysart tracks down a ball and a central line follows - on to Wright to Maddison, who is showing no rust as he pops up a beautiful target pass for Cornell, and this time the half-circle shot stays down and in. 1-0

36 - FUCK YOU, LONG SHOTS! 1-1

42 - Lot of jankiness in the right part of their box, but we stay on them and Hancock gets it to Cornell, who draws the D and lays it forward for Maddison. After a second's stealing, he cracks it in! 2-1

52 - We've a couple nervous players, so Johnson replaces Pulling, Maddison slides down to MC to replace Kabongo, and Gaskin makes his way back to the pitch at AM.

58 - They should have scored on that corner.

68 - Gaskin to Maddison, who plants it to Lloyd just outside the box. Incisive pass in the box to Cornell, and we've got that critical insurance. 3-1

7.8 for Tom Maddison, 8.8 for PotM Adam Cornell, and 7.2 for Adam Lloyd. We didn't play all that fantastically, and the assman suggests I should chew the team out for being off, but nah.

Our cushion on 3rd expands to 5 points, which is great.

We've had some staff turnover already, and now in a lovely bit of irony, my assman (Ian Banks as always), gets a manager gig at a Level 11 squad to help them fight off relegation. Talk about a promotion.

2nd vs AFC Stanground (15th)

9 - They should have scored there.

Burt replaces Knight at the half.

52 - We're playing like total ass. Maddison ousts Brooks. Bullshit trap game. 0-1

Griffiths comes on for Lloyd later in the game, but we sucked ass out there. I rip apart the team afterwards. There is Z-E-R-O excuse for fucking playing like that.

2nd @ Sutton Bridge United (4th)

The opposing manager talked a lot of shit in this game, saying it was complacency on opponents' parts that got us this far. Naturally I told him to go fuck himself.

21 - They're really pressuring Walker on the backline, but he gets it out to Kabongo, who hoofs the loveliest of long balls to Lloyd. Defense is no thing, and the volley shot scorches home! 1-0

24 - Hanson's free kick outside the box finally goes in!!! 2-0

32 - Our assman set to focus on attacking set pieces before the match, so we did, and Hanson nails his second straight free kick! 3-0

Colborne is upset when he's replaced by Pulling at the half, but the dude looks winded.

65 - Shit!!! McMurray is knocked. He'll play on, though.

73 - Lloyd is injured and Griffiths comes on. Not cool to have injuries to two of our most important players. Fucking dirty dicks.

9.4 for PotM Ricky Hanson, 7.3 for Chay Dysart, 7.7 for Jordan Wright, 7.1 for Glenn Knight, 7.4 for Adam Cornell and 8.2 for Adam Lloyd.

And as for the asshole opposing manager?

He can suck my hairy dick. I'm even more pissed because we're without Dermot McMurray for 5-6 weeks, and our hero Adam Lloyd 6-7 weeks. That's damned devastating.

Damned devastating.

Old 09-06-2015, 09:50 PM   #10
Izulde
Head Coach

Transfer In - ST Lheureux Menga (28)
Angolan who can play pretty much any striker role you ask him to at this level, so he's a new starter even when Adam Lloyd comes back. A real coup of a signing IMO.

Transfer In - AML/ST Vijay Sidhu (25)
Better than what my staff thinks of him IMO, but in any case, he's emergency depth, and nothing more.

Transfer In - GK Kieran O'Boyle (21) - From Salford
Rated as an even better keeper than Dermot McMurray by the staff, and was fantastic in limited games for his ND1 side - 7.05 rating in 4 starts.

So just like that, we've upgraded the overall talent on our squad in wake of injuries. Obviously there's chemistry issues at play here, but I'm hoping we'll be okay.

Nick Beaverstock and Tom Maddison both fail at fitness training.

Delighted board. $8.78k profit woop woop.

2nd vs King's Cliffe (10th)
G: Kieran O'Boyle
ST: Lheureux Menga/Adam Cornell

63 - Johnson in for Knight, Adcock-Case for Brooks

76 - O'Boyle's stupid ass literally drops the fucking ball. 0-1

Fortunately there were a lot of other upsets. We have little to no chance of getting first, as we're 6 points out with 10 games to game, and Stamford Belvedere has been dynamite all year long.

2nd @ Ketton (16th)
G: Kieran O'Boyle
D: Chay Dysart/Mark Pulling/Adam Walker/Ricky Hanson

18 - Menga saves possession with a timely header, and the move ends in Cornell out to Hanson on the wing, back to Cornell now in the box, and a center to a unmarked Brooks for the score. 1-0

26 - The upright fucks over Menga

31 - WHAT THE FUCK?!?! MENGA WAS ONSIDES, YOU SHIT ASS REF!!!!

34 - WHAT ARE YOU FUCKING DOING O'BOYLE?!?! YOU FUCKING DOVE LIKE YOU'RE FUCKING BLIND AND LET THAT GOAL IN!! 1-1

50 - Finally!!! Cornell beats out a bad backpass, blisters the defense, and crosses to the wide open Menga, and this time our Angolan won't be denied. 2-1

59 - Johnson and Burt on for Pulling and Knight respectively.

71 - Wright is knocked, so Burt moves to DM and Adcock-Case comes in at MC.

86 - THAT FUCKER WAS OFFSIDES!!!!! 2-2

Our defense completely shit the bed on this game. Just awful. O'Boyle is getting benched next game. He's cost us 3 points in total with his fuckups.

Our lead is cut to 3 points with 9 games left.

Good Trains
Mark Pulling - Tactics
Tom Maddison - Attacking

Delighted - $8.79k profit.

Bad Trains
Nick Beaverstock - Fitness
Jason Burt - Attacking
Tom Brooks - Fitness

2nd vs Long Sutton Athletic (12th)

Thank fuck we got our goalie back. That's all I can say.

6 - Kabongo, Menga, and Brooks form a triangle that finishes with Cornell cracking a shot just inside after the Brooks pass, and somehow the angle is *just* enough to go in. 1-0

30 - Sure as shit looked offsides to me 1-1

57 - Pulling and Griffiths slide on at DL and DR respectively.

61 - Our defending has sucked ass the last several games 1-2

OH LOOK, WE GET FUCKED OVER AND MAGICALLY DROP TO 4TH?! WHAT THE FUCK HAPPENED TO GOAL DIFFERENTIAL AS A DECIDER?!?l!

We can't afford to lose another fucking game.

4th @ Peterborough Sport Reserves (9th)
D: Chris Long/Sam Johnson/Adam Walker/Ricky Hanson
M: Glenn Knight/Jason Burt

7 - FUCK YOU, BAR! FUCCK YOUR RIGHT UP THE IVORY FUCKING SPLINTER PLASTIC PIECE OF SHIT!!!

47 - Knock on Johnson so Pulling is in.

68 - Adcock-Case in for Knight

77 - Menga on for Lloyd

We inch up to 3rd, but are now 2 points back of the promotion place with 7 games to go.

Shaun Popple is let go and he gets $5.25k out of it. Weird.

3rd vs Holbeach Reserves (2nd)
D: Chris Long/Gary Colborne/Adam Walker/Ricky Hanson
M: Glenn Knight/Jason Burt

Without question the biggest game of the entire year. Win, and we're back in 2nd. Draw or lose, and we're in rough shape for fighting our way back to where we've been most of the year. We're also huge underdogs in this one.

8 - Cornell and Lloyd keep exchanging passes, the last seeing Lloyd in the box. Opposing keeper comes out to challenge, and the layoff is there to Burt for the wide open goal. 1-0

10 - [b]Burt has it outside the box and kicks on the wing to Wright. Cross to Cornell's head.. no! Denied by the fucking bar! But Lloyd is there for the dropdown and the double! 2-0

11 - And of course they answer right back 2-1

23 - CUNTFUCKER FUCKING FLUKE GOAL BULLSHIT!!!! FSHFIOHAO9HI9WQGHTHP49TGB7PQ3TG 2-2

30 - Fuck Colborne. His fucking punk dickfucking 6.1 rating fucking screwed us over on both those fucking goals so his ass is fucking pulled for Pulling

63 - Burt to DC, Pulling to DL and Kabongo in at MC.

88 - I beat my fucking keyboard into the floor, thankful tht it's still covered with clothes that need washing. FUCKING HORSESHIT FUCKIGN OOPSIE ANGLE JUST GOES IN. 2-3

91 - Cornell saves it by slamming it twice like it's a fucking keyboard until it goes in 3-3

Five fucking games without a win. We picked the worst fucking time of the whole fucking season to go into a god damned fucking slump. Six games and it'll be a whole fucking waste if we don't promote.

Old 09-07-2015, 07:16 PM   #11
Izulde
Head Coach

3rd @ Netherton United Reserves (6th)
DM: Barry Corry (U18 pull)
M: Adam Walker/Jordan Wright
AM: Frank Dorney(U18 pull)
ST: Adam Lloyd/Lheurex Menga

Going with a completely wildcard lineup to try and break the streak.

12 - Yeah I figured that shit was getting called back.

45 - FUCK YOU!!! LLOYD WAS NOT OFFSIDES!!!

48 - I smash my mouse down on the fucking desk. THIS IS FUCKING BULLSHIT!!!!! 0-1

All the fucking way down to 6th because of that bullshit. 6TH!

We hold a team meeting to try and get our fucking heads out of our asses. We've got a real fucksnort of a game next. Why you ask? OH IT'S ONLY THE TOP TEAM IN THE WHOLE DAMNED LEAGUE!

6th vs Stamford Belvedere (1st)
DM: Barry Corry (U18 pull)
M: Adam Walker/Jordan Wright
AM: Frank Dorney(U18 pull)
ST: Adam Lloyd/Lheurex Menga

25 - YOU FUCKING FATFUCKED DIMPLE ASSED SHITCLOWN LANGTHORNE!!! 0-1

We lose 0-5 and we have no shot at advancing now barring some major fucking miracle. Stamford Belvedere officially promotes after blasting us out of the water.

Old 09-07-2015, 07:48 PM   #12
Izulde
Head Coach

7th @ Farcet United (3rd)
What the fuck is the difference what the lineup is? We desperately need to win this game to have any hope of promotion, which means we'll get raped up the fucking ass.

We fall behind 0-2, but then Adam Cornell gets the first 2 PKs we've had all season long, and ties it up 2-2 at the half.

3 games left. Still maybe an outside shot at promoting, but we need a win BADLY.

6th vs Warboys (9th)
Again, who cares about lineup?

ONCE GAIN WE GET FUCKED OVER ON OFFSIDES CALSL AND LOSE 0-1.

I immediately go on vacation for the rest of the season. Fuck it.

Old 09-07-2015, 09:47 PM   #13
Izulde
Head Coach

3-4 loss in second to last game, 1-1 draw in final. We finish 10th, a real crash from where we were most of the season.

A bunch of young guys have good training, but the following players bombed:

Nick Beaverstock
Jason Burt
Adam Walker
Tom Maddison

Our youth category rises from 4 to 3, and our planned stadium is blocked.

Time to see what the summer raids bring.

We were weak at DL for much of the year, though that was perhaps a role issue rather than anything else. Everything else seemed to be okay, so maybe we just need some role tweaks. A better goalie might help, too, if we can find one.

Transfer In - GK Robert Poulter (28)
Was supposed to be a huge improvement. Turns out he's not.

Transfer In - DC James Nicholls (25)
Should be a starter in the backline, so at least we snagged one upgrade.

Adam Cornell is voted Fans Player of the Year. Who cares about the Best XI? After we bombed, it doesn't matter.

Transfer In - ST Kieran Madden (21)
Will be our new starting poacher, given the defections outlined below.

Transfers Out
GK Dermot McMurray - $15k
MC Tristian Kabongo - $3.5k
DM Jordan Wright - $13.75k
ST Adam Lloyd - $6.5k
DC Mark Pulling - $6.5k
DC Richard Langthorne - $6k
DM Barry Corry - $400
DR Ricky Hanson - $12.25k
MC Adam Walker - $5.5k
ST Adam Morgan - $400
DC Nick Beaverstock - NC
MC Jason Burt - NC
ST Adam Cornell - $12.25k
DM Frank Dorney - $400
ST Sam Griffiths - $4.2k
DR Fnanedo Nnami - $400
GK Andy Macey - $400
MC Glenn Knight - $4.8k
DL Chay Dysart - $4k
DR Duncan Spice - $400
DM Laurence Bowery - $400

We're switching to a 4-1-3-2 and a 4-4-2, or better said, we're adding those tactics to our arsenal for next season.

Transfer In - AMC/ST Lee Robinson (17)
Depth and stuff.

Transfer In - ML Sam Brennan (17)
In our 4-4-2 setup, he's the starting ML by default, really.

Great. We're 1-10 co-favorites to win the league. That's the one flaw with this 12 level setup, and why I usually only last 3 seasons - completely unrealistic expectations.

Old 09-07-2015, 10:12 PM   #14
Izulde
Head Coach

@ Hurst
GK: Robert Poulter
D: Chris Long/James Nicholls/Gary Colborne/Fraser Dunton
M: Shane Adcock-Case/Sam Johnson/Tom Maddison/Tom Brooks
ST: Lheurex Manga/Vijay Sidhu

4-4-2 is the vulnerability spot for Hurst, and everyone here was either on the team last year, a U18 pull from last year, or a transfer in.

53 - Lee Robinson and Ian Clark sub in for Menga and Colborne respectively. Every game counts since there's only six teams in the league.

67 - We'll take that own goal, sure. 1-0

b]68[/b] - Johnson moves to DC and O'Shaughnessy comes in at MC.

90 - Maddison kicks it out to Sidhu, who runs all the way into the box and kicks a potshot that bounces off the keeper and goes in! 2-0

7.3 and PotM for Vijay Sidhu, 7.1 for Fraser Denton and 7.0 for Chris Long. Great way to start the year with a 2 goal road win, but we've seen this script before. My phone is blowing up right now with PR stuff, so I need to go do work on Labor Day.

Old 09-08-2015, 01:06 AM   #15
Izulde
Head Coach

Quicker resolution than expected. Phone will probably go off again, but let's see how we do. Our squad is mostly U18 guys from last year, and for that reason, I'm letting my assman pick the lineups. With only 10 games, it's going to be difficult to get a feel for these guys.

I'm also letting my staff decide the training because of the same thing. The guys who are any good are going to get snapped up anyway.

Transfer Out
ST/DC Ian Clark - $400

Gary Colborne and Fraser Denton are appointed Captain and Vice-Captain.

Transfer In - ML/MR Brendan Benjamin (17)
Depth and stuff.

Transfer In - ML/DL Elliot Atkin (22)
We need some more people who can play DL, and he fits the bill.

Transfer Out
DL Chris Long - N/C

Huge blow. Ugh. Kieran O'Boyle signs a $5.75k contract. Suckers.

1st vs AFC Corinthians (3rd)
D: Elliot Atkin/James Nicholls/Gary Colborne/Fraser Dunton
M: Shane Adcock-Case/Tom Maddison/Tom Brooks
ST: Lheurex Menga/Vijay Sidhu

27 - Atkin is forced out. Denton moves to DL, Maddison is pulled down to DR (orange alert!) and Chris Tierney comes in at MC. I really need to set the bench because the assman fucks it up.

37 - On Adcock-Case's corner, the defenses heads it off, but it goes up and comes down, where Nicholls bangs it in! 1-0

42 - We're robbed of a PK call on Tierney's free kick grr.

44 - Another Tierney free kick. Goalie gets to it and drops it. Too bad for him, Menga is there to apply the finish! 2-0

67 - OMG! Brilliant sliding tackle by Sidhu! He gets the ball, zooms past the defense, cuts it into the box, and crosses to Menga, where our Angolan veteran striker heads it in!!!! 3-0

74 - Kieran Madden finally makes his debut for the tired Sidhu.

Everyone on the team except the keeper (6.9) broke 7 and even Chris Tierney pulled a 7.5 off the bench. Our entire backline had 7.4 or higher, noted by James Nicholls' 8.0. Shane Adcock-Case, who was my fix to the assman's lineup had a 7.7, and Lheurex Menga got a special announcer shoutout for his brilliance, took him PotM with an 8.8!

We're the only 2-0-0 team in the league. Really nice feeling, and I went with my gut on the formation and starting lineup.

Transfer Out
DC Gary Colborne - $15.75k - Welling

Ouch! Ouch ouch ouch!!! Our captain and our key at the defense is gone.

Transfer In - DL Jordan Cheadle (25)
Our new starting DL. Can't head worth shit, but his mental attributes are off the hook. Ironically, he steps right into Colborne's shoes as the new captain.

Transfer In - THE SAVIOR OF OUR FRANCHISE

Good Trains
Ryan Taylor
Sam Brennan

Bad Train
Some U21 scrub

Transfer In - DM/DC/MC Samuel Soto (22) - FROM SOUTH PARK!
This Puerto Rican is going to be as awesome as our franchise savior!

Board is satisfied. We keep printing money.

Transfer In - ST Paul Gascoigne (17)
Recommended by my staff. Why not?

Transfer Out - MC Chris Tierney
$400. Damn.

This is a lot like playing the D-League in DDS.

1st vs Ashridge Park (3rd)
D: Jordan Cheadle/Samuel Soto/James Nicholls/Fraser Dunton
M: Elliot Atkin/Mark Vaughan/Tom Maddison/Tom Brooks
ST: Lheurex Manga/Kieran Madden

4-4-2 weakness again, which makes it easy to pick which of the formations to use.

61 - Sidhu on for Madden, Adcock-Case in for Maddison.

Still in first place. We just could not get any good shots going all game. We'll take the point, however, as we're still in 1st by 3 points.

Transfer Out - DC/DM/MC Sam Johnson - $3.1k
Damn. I really liked him.

Transfer In - DC/DM/MC Matt Dear (21) - From Ilford
Solid physical skills and a replacement for Johnson. A probable starting DC upgrade.

Transfer Out - Tom Maddison - NC
Liked him, too.

Transfer In - DR Jack Rutter (24)
Depth because a lot of people are sniffing around our U21 DR good guy. Could step in as a seamless starter too, if need be.

Good Trains
Kieran Madden - Fitness
Brendan Benjamin - Attacking

Bad Trains
Jordan Cheadle
Sam Brennan - Both Fitness

1st @ Sutton Bridge United (6th)
D: Jordan Cheadle/Matt Dear/James Nicholls/Fraser Dunton
M: Elliot Atkin/Mark Vaughan/Samuel Soto/Tom Brooks
ST: Lheurex Manga/Kieran Madden

These are the assholes who knocked out my starting goalie and star striker last season, and started our decline phase. I really want to whip their asses this time for revenge.

43 - Denied rightful penalty.

52 - ?!?! FUCKING HOME COOKING REFS! THAT WASN'T A GOD DAMNED PENALTY! 0-1

53 - Ugh. SAME FUCKING SHIT AS LAST YEAR 0-2

63 - I HATE THESE FUCKERS!!!! 0-3

We're still in 1st but tied on points, and the field is behind us with 5. So we really need to step up our game and prove that we're not an early fluke. Jordan Cheadle and Kieran Madden are going to be benched next game.

Transfer Out - GK Ryan Taylor - $400

1st vs Barton Rovers AFC (4th)
D: Elliot Atkin//Matt Dear/James Nicholls/Fraser Dunton
M: Brendan Benjamin/Samuel Soto/Mark Vaughan/Tom Brooks
ST: Lheurex Manga/Vijay Sidhu

32 - Beautiful goal kick by Poulter to Sidhu, and with only the keeper to beat, he strikes it home!!! 1-0

37 - Benjamin on the wing passes it in the box to Menga. The defense kicks it away... right into the path of Sidhu, who is showing he never should have been kicked off for Madden! 2-0

At half for health reasons, Atkin moves up to ML, Dunton shifts to DL, and Jack Rutter makes his debut.

63 - Rutter to Vaughan on a short pass kicks up to Sidhu, and there's the cross to Atkin, who after shake and bake, strikes the right foot half-volley!!! 3-0 Time to give Madden some confidence time in replacing Menga

89 - Meaningless free kick goal 3-1

91 - ?!?! DAFUQ?! 3-2

7.4 for Robert Poulter, 7.1 for Tom Brooks, 7.3 for Elliot Atkin, and of course 8.8 for PotM Vijay Sidhu.

Hurst won as well, so halfway through the season we're both tied atop the league with 10 points, with the assholes in 3rd with 7 points, and then 5, 5, 3 for the remainder - last and last being Ashridge Park.

Old 09-08-2015, 01:42 AM   #16
Izulde
Head Coach

Good Trains
Mike O'Shaughnessy (Fitness)
Paul Gascoigne (Tactics)

Bad Trains
Brendan Benjamin (Fitness)

1st vs Hurst (2nd)
M: Brendan Benjamin/Samuel Soto/Shane Adcock-Case/Tom Brooks
ST: Lheurex Menga/Vijay Sidhu

These guys are hungry for revenge, as we topped them 2-0 at their place, and returning the favor would put them in the driver's seat to promote. Of course, the same is true for us.

4 - Nice to see someone else fucked by the bar.

23 - SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT!!!! SIDHU OUT!!! FUUUUUCK!! It's up to you now, Madden!

Vaughan goes in at half as we switch to a 4-1-3-2 at half, and a Counter strategy, because they're killing us today.

47 - ASSHOLES!!! DUNTON IS HURT NOW TOO, AND RUTTER WAS KNOCKED OUT WITH PRACTICE INJURY BEFORE!!! Now we have to fucking go with Cheadle.

62 - That's right, fucker! DOUBLE YELLOW! HIT THE SHOWERS!

65 - Their defender kicks the ball into another defender, and Menga volleys it RIGHT THE FUCK IN! 1-0

It's the kind of game where Robert Poulter's 7.2 saves our ass and gets PotM. 7.1 for Lheurex Menga and 7.0 for James Nicholls. The Original Assholes are now in promo spot with us.

Vijay Sidhu is out 6-7 weeks because of that bullshit. He's going to miss at least our next game.

Old 09-08-2015, 05:08 AM   #17
Izulde
Head Coach

[bTransfer Out - Tom Brooks - $9k[/b]
Well, shit.

Transfer In - MR/MC/AMC Danny Mayman (35)
Hoping he can be the type of veteran we need to not only fill Brooks' loss, but supersede him. This is actually a really huge pickup, as he's our best passer, crosser, and most technically polished player on the team if I have it right.

b]1st @ AFC Corinthians (5th)[/b]
DM: Samuel Soto
M: Shane Adcock-Case/Mark Vaughan/Danny Mayman
ST: Kieran Madden/Lheurex Menga

Lot of chatter up to this one, with their manager guaranteeing victory over us.

18 - Fucking awful corner kick defense 0-1

61 - Craig Wright in for Adcock-Case and Gascoigne on for Menga

84 - AGAIN FUCKED ON THE OFFSIDES CALLS!!!!

88 - Mayman with the long cross to Gascoigne. Shot's deflected, but Madden finally breaks the drought and banks it in! 1-1

The two asshole teams drew each other, so we're still 3 points clear of 2nd. I'll take that.

Transfer In - DR/DC Erkan Ozerek (25)
Turkish defender who is an upgrade over the U21 dude everyone keeps sniffing around. Yay, upgrade and insurance against Durton leaving!

Transfer In - DL Wes Hill (30)
Dude has been killing it with the team he's playing for, and he's such a big upgrade over Elliot Atkin it's not funny. Huge, huge get, and a well-deserved Key Player tag. He signed on his birthday, no less. HAPPY BIRTHDAY, WES! Hee hee that rimed.

Transfer Out - Shane Adcock-Case - $7.5k
Happy for him but it also really, really sucks. Loved that dude.

1st @ Ashridge Park (4th)
D: Wes Hill//Matt Dear/James Nicholls/Erkan Ozerek
M: Elloit Aitken/Samuel Soto/Mark Vaughan/Danny Mayman
ST: Kieran Madden/Lheurex Menga

6 - Menga opts to let Aitken's cross bounce and dribble to Mayman, who drop shots it right in the box for Menga. Two strides forward, and bam! 1-0

58 - Wright in for Vaughan

70 - Soto to DC for an injured Nicholls, Mayman to MC Benjamin at MR and Gascoigne in for Madden

82 - Great move by Benjamin to win the race to the ball, and a stunning pass forward to Gascoigne, who shows everyone his cleats and slams in the insurance! 2-0

7.3 for Matt Dear, 7.5 for Danny Mayman, 7.1 for Lheurex Menga, and 8.0 for Paul Gascoigne, who wrecked everyone and was PotM as a supersub!

That puts us 5 points clear of 2nd with two games to play. We're not *quite* clinched yet, but we're very, very close.

Good Train
Danny Mayman - Fitness

Bad Train
Lheurex Menga - Fitness

Transfer Out - Lheurex Menga - $27k!!
WOW!!!! As sad as I am to see our Angolan striker go, that money sets a record for every Level 12 dynasty I've run so far. WOW!

Transfer Out - George Geskin - N/C
Meh. Good early, but got pushed out.

1st @ Barton Rovers AFC (4th)
D: Wes Hill//Matt Dear/James Nicholls/Erkan Ozerek
M: Elloit Aitken/Samuel Soto/Mark Vaughan/Danny Mayman
ST: Kieran Madden/Vijay Sidhu

Win, and we clinch. Tie and I *think* we clinch. Either of the two asshole teams lose, and even if we lose, we clinch. Lots of routes to make the literally MONTHS LONG break before the last game not matter.

61 - Benjamin in for Aitkin, Wright for injured Vaughan

70 - Gascoigne in for Madden, which turns out a mistake as Sidhu is hurt immediately after.

Still, despite scary moments, we grind out the draw. Robert Poulter is right PotM with 7.2 and Erkan Ozerek nets a 7.1.

With draws all across the league, we officially clinch the title!!!!!

Old 09-08-2015, 05:12 AM   #18
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izulde
Great. We're 1-10 co-favorites to win the league. That's the one flaw with this 12 level setup, and why I usually only last 3 seasons - completely unrealistic expectations.

Have you considered using a different setup?
Old 09-09-2015, 01:45 AM   #19
Izulde
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Swartz View Post
Have you considered using a different setup?

Yeah, but what would be the fun in that?

Old 09-09-2015, 04:19 AM   #20
Izulde
Head Coach

Mark Vaughan has made some improvement in training over the last several months, and at the coach's recommendation, he switches to focusing on tackling training.

Transfer In - MR/MC/AMR/ST Eddie Evans (16) - From Barnoldswick
His technical attributes are just brutal, but he's got some solid mental and physical attributes that make him promising, and more importantly, he's extremely versatile. I imagine he'll get scooped up at some point, but for now, he will likely get a crack at starting at MC at least in our 4-1-3-2 setup, and maybe even the 4-4-2.

Bad Train
Danny Mayman - Fitness

Elliot Atkin has done okay, but hasn't majorly improved in training. He shifts focus to passing. Same for Mark S of the long name I hate typing.

Transfer Out - MC/DM Craig Wright - $400
Too bad. Was a sneakily useful backup.

Wow... Granted, the U21s had a gray goalie, but they still were upset 0-2 by the Youth Candidates. The progress of moving to a Category 3 setup, I suppose. Since it's not costing us anything for these guys yet, I sign all the recommended ones.

Steve West apparently became an alcoholic, because he sucks at coaching now. I fire him and hire two more coaches, ones who are elite at Fitness and Goalkeeping respectively. As a result, we're now 2* or better at every training spot, 2.5* at the Fitness and Goalkeeping categories.

Sam Brennan improved like one category. Ick. I promote all the youth candidates because that's what I do.

Good Train
Danny Mayman - Tactics

Heh. Reminds me of a certain client.

Anyway, I'm just going to report on the truly notable training reviews from here on out, because otherwise it gets spammy.

Good Train
Lee Robinson - Tactics

Bad Train
Danny Mayman

Finally, after an ungodly long wait...

1st vs Sutton Bridge United (2nd)
D: Danny Beddard/Matt Dear/James Nicholls/Fraser Dunton
DM: Nick Renaud
M: Mark Vaughan/Neil Green/Eddie Evans
ST: Matthew Henry/Mike O'Shaughnnessy

New youth pulls, new youth pulls everywhere! Only Poulter, Dear, Nicholls, and Dunton are holdovers on defense. Vaughn and Evans are non-youth pulls for me in midfield. Sure would like to beat these assholes.

20 - That own goal won't do you favors, Evans. 0-1

23 - Whatever. 0-2

46 - Flucking kids give up a PK 0-3

Get in there Cheadle, Rutter, and Sidhu. I can't watch this farce anymore.

57 - Evans gets the ball from Rutter and crosses to Cheadle, whose stomp shot somehow goes in. 1-3

75 - Yeah, these kids are absolutely not ready 1-4

We played like total shit, and are now 0-4 lifetime against The Original Assholes. Fans are rightfully pissed. Whatever. We won the title. Kiss my ass.

$6.97k for winning the league. Season review to come another night. Too tired now, and too irritated at how badly we fucked that last game up.

Old 09-09-2015, 07:12 AM   #21
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

So ... they think you did a great job signing a player that they think is playing like crap.

Roger that.
Old 09-09-2015, 07:55 AM   #22
Grover
Pro Starter

Thought I had typed a reply to this earlier...

I think the fans are happy with the overall signing? Did he go through a purple patch with outstanding form early on?

The latter statement would be on his recent form. Has he gone cold? In the 6.2-6.7 range (or worse) over the last 5-10 matches?

FOFC Greatest Band Draft Runner Up
FOFC Movie Remake Draft Winner
FOFC Movie Comedy Draft Winner
Grover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2015, 07:16 PM   #23
Izulde
Head Coach

Brian: Seriously. I was just LOL.

Grover: I'll have to check. It's a good question.

Old 09-11-2015, 03:54 AM   #24
Izulde
Head Coach

Samuel Soto Last 5 Games
6.7, 6.6, 6.6, 6.6, 6.5

It's been consistent with what he's put up since he's been here, though earlier there were a couple of 6.8s, so I'm not sure there's enough to warrant complaining about the Puerto Rican.

Would have been nice to see how important the guys who left were, but I don't feel like tracking that down. Robert Poulter was indeed the terrific goalie I thought he would be. In 10 games, he pitched 6 shutouts. That's damned impressive.

I wouldn't have let my assman pick the lineup for the last game if we didn't have the title locked up. Stupid shit will probably happen where we're expected to win Level 11 our first year up and I'll get fired midway through.

Our tactics were a flat 4-4-2, and a 4-1-3-2 with three MCs. Standard and Balanced, with no initial team instructions. I kept shipt as basic as a pumpkin spice latte this year. Fitness Training Heavy throughout preseason, and then Team Chemistry on Average the entire season, given our constant roster turnover.

I woke up at 7:30 this morning after like 3 hours of sleep, and it's just after 1:30 am now. So I probably shouldn't be doing the offseason, but fuck it. Let's see how badly we're raided.

Danny Mayman says he's going to retire, though whether we get one more season, I'm not sure. Hope so. He's been clutch.

Bad Trains
Mike O'Shaugstuff (Fitness)

$250k yearly profits what what? The board *finally* pushes me up to Secure/Pleased.

Vijay Sidhu signs elsewhere for $9.25k, and I'm going to pause here because I'm too tired, and the numbers are running together.

Old 09-11-2015, 07:49 AM   #25
Grover
Pro Starter

6.7-8 is pretty average. Wouldn't say he's been excellent, wouldn't say he's been awful. Must be something in the script.

And Paul Gascoigne, seriously!?

FOFC Greatest Band Draft Runner Up
FOFC Movie Remake Draft Winner
FOFC Movie Comedy Draft Winner
Grover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2015, 07:49 AM   #26
Greyfriars Bobby
College Prospect

You have a player in your team named Paul Gascoigne?

Since he's 17 and plays in a lower league, I'm guessing he was generated by the game. That's unbelievably cool.

It looks like Grover and I had the same thought at the very same time.

Last edited by Greyfriars Bobby : 09-11-2015 at 07:50 AM.
Greyfriars Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2015, 01:21 PM   #27
Izulde
Head Coach

Good catch, guys. He performed well for me when he got his shot, so maybe he'll get more reps next season... if he's not signed away.

Transfer Out
GK Robert Poulter - $9.75k
DC James Nicholls - $13.75k
ML Sam Brennan - NC
DL Sam Montgomery - $400
MC Neil Green - NC
DM Nick Renaud - $400
DR Fraser Dunton - $5.5k
ST Kieran Madden - $10.75k
ST Mike O'Shaughnessy - $4.4k
M Miles McMorran - NC
MC Leon Valentine - $400
ML Brendan Benjamin - $6.25k
MC Mark Vaughan - $5k ((((((((((((
ST Matthew Henry - $400

DR Fraser Dunton was voted Fans Player of the Year, and a 4-4-2 narrow diamond is chosen as the Best 11, despite our never having played that this season, nor an AMC at all.

We're joining the Wearside Football League next season. 20 teams, all of whom are amateur. Interesting note: Stamford Belvedere, which won our league the 1st season, also won the Wearside last year, and in double-promoting, turned semi-professional.

Good Train
Danny Mayman - Tactics

Bad Train
Wes Hill - Defending

Transfer In - MLR Mike Brickhill (24)
Some solid attributes across the board, and while not the most explosive player, he'll be our starting ML next year in a 4-4-2 if we still keep that formation.

Transfer In - GK Manuel Kowid (26)
Surinamese keeper who has 1 international cap to his credit. Strictly an emergency backup.

Transfer In - GK Kurt Fox (24)
Like our 10th choice for a keeper, but we finally secure a somewhat capable starter in the net. Much like Poulter last year, initially high rating tanks when he hits the team, but I still have faith in the kid.

Promotion Odds
Badsey Rangers; Coventry United; Oving Social Club: 5-2
Thorney; Yarm: 3-1
The Original Assholes: 5-1

Ugh. Nothing like pressure.

Transfer In - ST Tony Griffiths (18)
He'll be injured to start the year, but he's 6'4, and strong, with solid stamina. Clearly a Target Man, but he also has the passing to be a DLF. A huge pickup and our top striker by far.

vs Hartlepool Town
G: Kurt Fox
D: Wes Hill/Steve Shaughnessy/Matt Dear/Erkan Ozerek
M: Mike Brickhill/Samuel Soto/Eddie Evans/Danny Mayman
S: Mark Newell/Paul Gascoigne

6 - Oof. Gave up corner goal 0-1

56 - Newell passes to Gascoigne, who immediately draws three defenders. The layoff to Evans sees Easy E dribble in to the box and fire the equalizer! 1-1

60 - Robinson for Newell; Atkin for Brickhill.

84 - Ozerek is sent off with a double yellow. We switch to three at the back and try to ride the storm out. Rutter comes in at DR and Shaughnessy sits.

7.5 for Matt Dear, 7.3 for Eddie Evans. Overall, we played well enough to win. We just couldn't find that extra mileage. Erkan Ozerek accepts his warning for getting sent off.

Transfer In - ST Graham Ward (18)
Really solid all around attributes in the mental department and strong with a good header. Will be a starter until Tony Griffiths is ready to play, and who knows after that?

Transfer Out - DL Jordan Cheadle - NC
Never really lived up to expectations anyway.

12th @ Kader (11th)
D: Wes Hill/Danny Beddard/Brian Darby/Jack Rutter
DM: Andy Norton
M: Simon Stewart/David Grant/Rogan Foley
S: Mark Newell/Graham Ward

Lot of U18 pulls in this lineup due to tiredness issues.

5 - Ugh. Rutter is hit with a penalty and they convert 0-1

58 - Fielder on for Newell; Atkin for Hill

62 - Fielder boots one to Grant, whose shot is blocked. But there's Foley to put away the rebound! 1-1

70 - Wide open shot for Fielder and he shanks it.

88 - Matthews on for Rutter, who is dreadful.

90 - They should have scored there.

Another difficult tie to swallow. We were very close to having 6 points instead of 2 to start the season. The organization is expecting a top half finish, and we're mired at 13th.

Old 09-13-2015, 02:58 PM   #28
Izulde
Head Coach

Transfer In - DC Andy Elgar (23)
Will be a starter the next game and get his shot to take a starting role.

Transfer Out - DR Jack Rutter - NC
Good riddance to losing his sorry ass.

FA Cup - 1st Preliminary Round - @ Camberley
G: Manuel Kowid
D: Eliot Atkin/Andy Elgar/Erkan Ozerek/Eddie Evans
DM: Samuel Soto
M: Danny Mayman/Stephen Matthews/Steve Shaughnessy
S: Stephen Brock/Jamie Hyern

Tried to put together the lowest wattage lineup I could, because we're bound to lose anyway, and money from FA Cup doesn't matter.

10 - Yep. 0-1

54 - Soto moves up to replace Mayman; Norton in at DM.

57 - Yeah. 0-2

88 - Zzz. 0-3

Transfer Out - Eliot Atkin - NC
And the hits just keep coming.

Erkan Ozerek and Rogan Foley get the captain and vice-captain armbands for now.

Transfer In - ST Josh Clack (20)
Solid all-around attributes, and he'll be our third striker after Griffiths and Ward.

Transfer Out - Paul Gascoigne - NC
So much for the name player.

Transfer In - MLR Bryn McKie (26)
Emergency depth signing. Not that good, though.

Transfer In - DL Rhys Hunt (21)
While he won't surpass Wes Hill yet, he's firmly entrenched as the top backup.

Transfer In - DL/MCL Harvey Sparks (18)
Has yellow/orange coverage for a lot more of the pitch, but an intriguing prospect nonetheless.

Transfer Out - DC Brian Darby - NC
Was never a thing anyway.

13th vs Coventry United
D: Wes Hill/Steve Shaughnessy/Matt Dear/Erkan Ozerek
M: Mike Brickhill/Rogan Foley/Eddie Evans/Danny Mayman
S: Josh Clack/Graham Ward

17 - We suck at defending corners.

28 - We suck at everything 0-2

Transfer In - DC/DM/MC Nick Treadwell (25)
He's been an elite player for Yarm one of the upper teams, but we lured him here with a Key Player offer and starting spot at DC.

16th @ Badsey Rangers (12th)
D: Wes Hill/Nick Treadwell/Matt Dear/Erkan Ozerek
M: Harvey Sparks/Rogan Foley/Eddie Evans/Mike Brickhill
S: Graham Ward/Tony Griffiths

At last we get Griffiths in, but Danny Mayman is out 2-3 weeks with injury.

2 - Fucking corners 0-1

37 - FFS! 0-2

43 - Exchange of passes between Brickhill and Ozerek. B then crosses it to the far right post, where Ward is able to head it in. 1-2

50 - Shaughnessy goes in at MC after Evans moves to DR; McKie in at ML. They score again, of course. 1-3

I don't know what's wrong or how to fix it. All I know is, once again, I'm going to get fired in Year 3, and that will probably again be the end of the dynasty.

Old 09-13-2015, 04:50 PM   #29
Izulde
Head Coach

After looking over the team, I'm switching to a 4-5-1 with 3 MC, attacking wings, and a lone striker.

Transfer Out - DC Matt Dear - NC
Great for us last year, but has really struggled this season.

Transfer In - MC Aaron Allason (27)
Instantly our best central midfielder, and one who will see a role assigned to him of Ball-Winning Midfielder or Box-to-Box Midfielder.

Transfer In - GK Ricky Drury (25)
Massive upgrade in the net over Kurt Fox.

16th vs Shotton Colliery Welfare (4th)
G: Ricky Drury
D: Wes Hill/Andrew Elgar/Erkan Ozerek/Eddie Evans
M: Nick Treadwell/Harvey Sparks/Aaron Allason
AM: Bryn McKie/Tony Griffiths
ST: Graham Ward

55 - Sparks short passes to McKie, who puts it into the box for Treadwell, and the diagonal blast goes home for our first lead in forever! 1-0

72 - Clack in for Ward; Soto on for Sparks

Erkan Ozerek redeems his string of shit showing with 7.0, and 7.3 each for Nick Treadwell and Bryn McKie, as our first game with the new look nets a victory.

16th @ Sutton Bridge United (8th)
M: Nick Treadwell/Harvey Sparks/Aaron Allason

41 - We've had a couple close shots, but on this one, Evans laterals to Treadwell who threads it to Ward just in the box, and the defense is separated enough that the half-volley sinks in! 1-0

53 - Sparks goes in at AMR, and Griffiths shifts to AML. Soto hops in at MC.

71 - Shaughnessy in for a tired Elgar

85 - FUCK THE ORIGINAL ASSHOLES!!! 1-1

Time after time after time we had a chance to get back a win and finally beat the Assholes, but we just couldn't get it done. Just hope I survive long enough to play them again later this year.

15th @ Austrey Rangers (16th)[/b]
M: Nick Treadwell/Harvey Sparks/Aaron Allanson

A completely lackluster game, to say the least.

16th vs Cargo Fleet (10th)
D: Wes Hill/Andrew Elgar/Steve Shaughnessy/Erkan Ozerek
M: Nick Treadwell/Harvey Sparks/Aaron Allanson
AM: Tony Griffiths/Danny Mayman

38 - Off goes Allanson with injury. Foley steps in.

I'm getting tired of this lackluster game so I rip the team at half. Half the squad is fired up, the other Eeyores on me.

50 - Mayman on the corner to Elgar's feet, and the kick is good! 1-0

61 - McKie on for Griffiths

7.6 and PotM for Andrew Elgar. The win moves us up to 12th, but this is a victory we were frankly lucky to get. Our offense is still struggling to put shots in the net, even though our defense has improved dramatically since the formation change.

Old 09-13-2015, 06:10 PM   #30
Izulde
Head Coach

Our efforts to try and bring in upgrades are failing miserably, so we'll instead make some insane tweaks to our 4-5-1 and guarantee my firing or something. :P

12th @ Langtoft United (5th)
D: Wes Hill/Rogan Foley/Steve Shaughnessy/Erkan Ozerek
DM: Nick Treadwell
M: Harvey Sparks/Aaron Allanson

20 - Foley is knocked out with injury, so it's Soto on.

80 - I knew they were offsides on that goal.

93 - Mayman gets the ball on the right wing, just outside the box, and crosses to a flying Griffiths, who finally snaps out of his crummy performances as an attacking midfielder with a beautiful goal!! 1-0

94 - They should have equalled the dramatics, but failed.

Everyone was bunched around the 6.7-6.9 mark, bar Tony Griffiths' PotM 7.2, and terrible 6.3 from Samuel Soto.

We continue our steady march up the table to 11th.

Transfer In - DC Chris Jennings (16)
A guy who can actually play the Ball-Playing Defender role in our tweaked setup, but even without that, he's our best central defender by far, and a huge upgrade.

Good Train
Danny Mayman - Tactics

Bad Trains
Tony Griffiths - Fitness
Aaron Allanson - Defending

Transfer In - MC/DC/DR/DM Jack Warrell (17)
Another great BPD type, he's also capable of playing the Advanced Playmaker role in the tweak, and that's where he'll be the starter. Dude was killing it with his old team with a 7.54 rating.

11th vs Vernon Athletic (4th)
D: Wes Hill/Rogan Foley/Chris Jennings/Erkan Ozerek
DM: Nick Treadwell
M: Jack Warrell/Aaron Allanson

22 - Boo. 0-1

31 - Mayman with the free kick into the box, where Jennings is there for the debut header goal. 1-1

33 - Mayman with another free kick into the box, and Griffiths catches it for the left-footed hoofer!!! 2-1

50 - Bleh...... 2-2

62 - Clack on for Ward; Griffiths to AMR and McKie at AML.

Disappointing to draw after we fought back to go ahead at the half. Had we won, we would have clearly found ourselves in the top half of the table. Instead, we're having to settle to still be mid-table.

Old 09-13-2015, 07:05 PM   #31
Izulde
Head Coach

Transfer In - ST Ryan Hazell (24)
Elite finisher for this level (12), who will get his chance to be a starter.

11th @ Yarm (3rd)
D: Wes Hill/Jack Warrell/Chris Jennings/Erkan Ozerek
DM: Aaron Allanson
M: Nick Treadwell/Rogan Foley
ST: Ryan Hazell

5 - Not only is one of their players sent off with a red, but Tony Griffiths gets a PK and he converts!!! 1-0

66 - Ward for Hazell; Soto for Allanson

Ugly win is ugly. And we were only able to move up to 10th as a result.

10th vs Inkberrow (15th)
D: Wes Hill/Andrew Elgar/Chris Jennings/Erkan Ozerek
M: Nick Treadwell/Jack Warrell

9 - You have a 12 Finishing, Hazell! How do you miss that?!

13 - Their free kick sourced goal is called back because of offsides.

23 - Hazell sends it to Griffiths in the box. Defense starts the swarm, but the layoff back to Hazell, and this time, he doesn't miss! 1-0

45 - Allanson is knocked out with injury, drawing an automatic red for the asshole who hurt him. Treadwell slots down to DM and Foley is at MC.

51 - Warrell moves to DM, Mayman to MC, and Hyem comes in at AMR.

7.1 for Chris Jennings and 7.4 for PotM Ryan Hazell as we leapfrog to 5th. Lest you envision us suddenly making a double promotion, I'll point out that we're 7 points out of the two spots, and have been lucky rather than genuinely good.

Still, maybe I can avoid my usual Season 3 firing, and actually make it to a 4th year. Who knows?

Old 09-13-2015, 08:41 PM   #32
Izulde
Head Coach

Transfer In - DC Danny Harvey (27)
An improvement at the DC spot, and immediate starter there. He has the best physical attributes I've ever seen of anyone to ever pull on a Thorney jersey, with only Balance (9) and Pace (8) less than 10.

Transfer In - DR Ben Wilson (18)
Depth signing.

Transfer In - DR Robert Hatch (18)
Another depth signing, but an important one, who could end up starting if Erkan Ozerek falters, is hurt, or leaves.

Transfer Out - Eddie Evans - $4.1k
He was mad about his lack of first team football, and the fans were happy to see him go.

5th @ Wadhurst (13th)
D: Wes Hill/Danny Harvey/Chris Jennings/Erkan Ozerek

3 - Hazell sits on the ball before short passing it to Warrell. While our striker moves forward, Warrell passes it back to the space. Treadwell's there, and he gives it back to Hazell, who dribbles two steps, and slams the rocket in. 1-0

18 - Warrell side passes to Allanson, and then there's the long ball into the box for the quick running Mayman. Diagonal = net! 2-0

25 - We're awarded the PK, and Griffiths has no problems converting. 3-0

30 - Don't fucking get complacent, you fucksticks! 3-1

34 - GOD DAMN IT!!! 3-2

40 - ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME?! 3-3

47 - AND THERE'S THE FUCKING DICKSUCKING MAKEUP PK!! 3-4

52 - Treadwell in the box to Griffiths, and the ensuing cross ends in Hazell slamming the header home. 4-4

56 - Foley is on for Harvey

65 - WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS SHIT?! 4-5

And then I clicked the wrong fucking button when telling Nick Treadwell I was happy with him, and I told him he stunk. GRRR.

Needless to say Wes Hill his record low 4.5 are getting benched next game. He can sit and think about how badly he just fucked that up for everyone.

9th vs Billingham Athletic (1st)
D: Wes Hill/Danny Harvey/Chris Jennings/Erkan Ozerek

We have no else who can fill the slot at DL capably. Heh.

We get our asses handed to us 0-4.

Transfer In - DL David Vincent (18)
Because fuck Wes.

11th @ FC Stratford (5th)
D: David Vincent/Danny Harvey/Chris Jennings/Robert Hatch

47 - double yellow for [b]Treadwell[/b and oh btw pk lolol fucking punkfucking game 0-1

58 - lol refs give them another PK. FUCKING HOME COOKING BULLSHIT! 0-2

We lose 1-3. I'm going to snap my keyboard.

Old 09-16-2015, 03:13 AM   #33
Izulde
Head Coach

We're going to switch back to our 4-4-2 for the next few matches to try and snap the cold streak.

Transfer Out - Erkan Ozerek - $7k
Damn. Despite my periodic frustrations, I liked our Turkish defender.

13th @ Royal Electrical @ Mechanical Engineers (16th)
D: Rhys Hunt/Danny Harvey/Chris Jennings/Robert Hatch
M: Bryn McKie/Aaron Allanson/Jack Warrell/Danny Mayman
ST: Graham Ward/Tony Griffiths

49 - Ugh. Ward replaced by Robinson. 0-1

54 - Hunt kicks it for Robinson's wing run, and the cross to Griffiths' head is good. 1-1

69 - Brickhill in for McKie

12th vs Oving Social Club (8th)
D: Rhys Hunt//Rogan Foley/Chris Jennings/Robert Hatch
M: Mike Brickhill/Aaron Allanson/Jack Warrell/Danny Mayman

I meant to bench Jennings, who has dragged his ass out there lately, which drew a chat from me. Damn.

30 - Oh look. Mayman's indirect free kick crosses to far right post, where Jennings slide tackles a goal in. Guess the talk did him good. 1-0

37 - Couldn't see clearly what happened there, but Mayman's corner kick got us a goal somehow. 2-0

45 - And of course we give up one right before half. 2-1

65 - Clack for Ward; McKie for Brickhill

84 - Fuck you. 2-2

88 - FUCK.YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 2-3

14th vs Thirsk (15th)
D: David Vincent/Andy Elgar/Chris Jennings/Robert Hatch
M: Harvey Sparks/Aaron Allanson/Jack Warrell/Danny Mayman

We lose 0-1

Training results good for a few guys but I don't care because my job status is downgraded to Very Insecure, and basically if we lose the next match, I'm done.

15th @ Rostance Edwards
D: Rhys Hunt/Andy Elgar/Chris Jennings/Robert Hatch
ST: Josh Clack/Tony Griffiths

3 - Clack plays a gorgeous longball for Griffiths into the box, and after drawing the defense, Tony kicks it to a wide open Mayman for the easy sitter. 1-0

18 - Griffiths with the cross to Clack, who is bedeviled by two defenders on two shots. The ball squirts away, and Sparks sinks the rebound. 2-0

67 - Hill for Hunt; Mayman move to MC, and McKie at MR with Allanson sitting.

7.9 for PotM [b]Harvey Sparks, 7.7 for Danny Mayman and 7.4 for Tony Griffiths.

It's enough to stave off the wolves for now, but how long?

Old 09-17-2015, 04:13 AM   #34
Izulde
Head Coach

Transfer Out - Steve Shaughnessy - N/C
Got a chance. Didn't do much with it.

12th @ Hartlepool Town (20th)
D: Rhys Hunt/Andy Elgar/Chris Jennings/Robert Hatch

11 - Allanson boots the ball upfield to Griffiths, who heads a bouncer down into the box. Clack uses his skill to burn the defense and hit a screamer in the net, his first goal of the season. 1-0

18 - Looked offsides to me 1-1

Hill and Harvey replace Hunt and Elgar at the half. Our backline isn't playing great today.

47 - Gorgeous pass upfield by Allanson again. This time Griffiths takes it on his feet, breaks the offsides trap, and outruns everyone en route to the score. 2-1

49 - Damn it. Clack is knocked out with injury, which means Ward on.

70 - Griffths centers it to Warrell, who first touches it to Ward outside the box. Suddenly, there's a pass into the penalty box, where a speeding Griffiths has snuck up on the defense, and he puts it in! 3-1

90 - A simple, clean Mayman corner kick to Jennings' head for the rout. 4-1

We flat out dominated the second half, and everyone in the game at the end had 6.8 or better, highlighted by 7.5+ performances from Chris Jennings (8.3), Danny Mayman (7.5), Aaron Allanson (8.0), and PotM Tony Griffiths (8.8).

Transfer In - ML Pete Dunkley (18)
Immediate starter despite his 5'5 height. More technically and mentally proficient than Sparks.

12th @ Coventry United (15th)
D: Wes Hill/Danny Harvey/Chris Jennings/Robert Hatch
M: Pete Dunkley/Aaron Allanson/Jack Warrell/Danny Mayman

20 - Immediate impact as Dunkley hoofs a gorgeous ball into the box for Griffiths.. and the defense lays him out!! Immediate red card *and* the PK! Griffiths converts! 1-0

27 - HTF do you give up a short handed goal?! 1-1

32 - Griffiths to Ward, who kicks it back to Warrell. Thread pass into the box finds Griffiths for the second goal of the game. 2-1

44 - I figured they were going to flag Ward for offsides there.

After a shit first half from Jennings, he's replaced by Elgar. I'm also going to push it wider to take advantage of the 10 men.

59 - WTF?! 2-2

64 - An easy Allanson to Ward to Griffiths just outside the box straight line. Tony takes it the rest of the way and nets his hat trick! 3-2

69 - McKie for the tired Dunkley but before the sub, we're gifted an own goal on the corner kick 4-2

89 - They should have scored there. Lucky bounce.

7.9 for Danny Harvey, 8.9 for Jack Warrell, and of course 9.5 for PotM Tony Griffiths.

10th vs Kader (6th)

They've been cold, which worries me. Law of averages.

37 - Fucker was offsides. 0-1

Hazell in for Griffiths at the break.

90 - Sigh. 0-2

Absolutely ass that game.

Still, the month was successful enough that my job security is elevated to Stable again. But there's also talks of someone coming in to buy the team, and who knows if I'll survive the takeover.

Old 09-18-2015, 02:30 AM   #35
Izulde
Head Coach

11th vs Badsey Rangers (2nd)

Josh Clack and Ryan Hazell are both out with injuries, so our striker depth is woeful right now.

6 - We just can't compete with the big dogs 0-1

49 - Ward to Griffiths to Mayman on the lateral, and our elder statesman crosses into the box for an untouched Ward and the equalizer 1-1

59 - Hunt for Hill; McKie for Dunkley

64 - Mayman tracks down the loose ball on the right wing. He tries passing it to Hatch, but it goes further to Griffiths, who waits, then fires the short bullet in 2-1

66 - Hunt is knocked out, so we have to shift Hatch to DL where he sucks, and put Andy Norton in at DR. I have a bad feeling about this...

69 - Norton to Warrell to Mayman, who dribbles just inside the box before centering the all alone Griffths. Say hello to insurance goal! 3-1

81 - Knew that was going to happen. 3-2

We manage to hold them off, however. I actually made a halftime change in our tactic, playing Wider because of their midfield overrunning us, and going to an attacking scheme. It was enough to get the 3 points.

9.0 for PotM Danny Mayman, who I really wish wasn't retiring at the end of the year. 8.8 for Tony Griffiths and 7.2 for Graham Ward, who finally broke his goal drought.

We finally get our first exceptional training report with Ricky Drury, who, if we ever manage to go semi-pro, will be our first committed contract on a multi-year deal (provided he doesn't want an outrageous sum).

10th vs Sutton Bridge United (9th)

I'm still winless in 5 tries against the Original Assholes, so I really, really want to get the notch on my belt.

3 - F start. 0-1

15 - Allanson has the ball in the middle of the field. He passes it to Ward, who draws the defense and swings it out to Dunkley. The crackerjack shot just outside the box somehow finds the corner of the net! 1-1

16 - OFFSIDES! WTF, REF?! 1-2

25 - I hate these fuckers 1-3

52 - Ward to Griffiths, who puts in the box for Warrell. Absolutely amazing goal follows, and I make a couple subs after that, I forget who. 2-3

63 - Welp. 2-4

86 - Drury is having the worst game of his life 2-5

Yeah, it was brutal. Fuck these guys.

11th @ Shotton Colliery Welfare (5th)
D: Wes Hill/Danny Harvey/Chris Jennings/Ben Wilson
M: Jack Warrell/Nick Treadwell/Danny Mayman

1 - .... 0-1

Played well enough to win, but just couldn't convert.

Old 09-18-2015, 10:33 AM   #36
Izulde
Head Coach

Takeover talks failed. Cool.

11th vs Austrey Rangers (18th)
ST: Ryan Hazell/Tony Griffiths

9 - Ugh 0-1

40 - Double ugh 0-2

We end up losing 0-4. Our backline was awful, and Danny Harvey and Wes Hill draw chats from me.

The board also gives me a win or get fired ultimatum.

12th @ Cargo Fleet (15th)
D: David Vincent/Regan Foley/Chris Jennings/Andy Norton
ST: Ryan Hazell/Tony Griffiths

2 - Dunkley plays a gorgeous rainbow ball to Hazell in the half-circle, and the finishing genius slams it in. 1-0

18 - Sigh. 1-1

I lie and tell them they're doing well, in hopes that will kickstart them.

57 - Clack in for injured Hazell; Sparks for Vincent

64 - Mayman picks up a poor backpass, and is completely alone for the easy keeper beat. 2-1

79 - We get so fucked on offsides calls non-calls 2-2

93 - HOW THE FUCK ARE YOU GOING TO CALL CLACK OFFSIDES WHEN THE SAME SHIT WAS *JUST* FUCKING ONSIDE?!

Season 3 firing? Season 3 firing.

Old 09-19-2015, 08:10 PM   #37
Izulde
Head Coach

I go the entire rest of the year, all of next season, (Thorney finished 12th and 6th the two respective years), and all of the following offseason on vacation, auto-applying to jobs, and nothing.

So it looks once again, it's a Year 3 and done dynasty. Maybe one of these days we'll break free.