Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 02-13-2018, 07:11 PM   #51
kcarr
High School JV

This draft was a little different in that I didn't have the first pick meaning I had to have at least 4 ways to go with my first pick or look to trade it. My board going in was:

WR, Clay Davis, Mississippi State: a 6' 196 lb pass catcher who ran a sub 4.4 forty and 6.88 agility drill he looks like an elite WR and can return kicks if needed. If available he is the guy I want.

T, Bennett Fontenot, Wake Forrest: at 6'5" 316 lbs he has all red combine bars and is an elite run blocker and great pass protector. He could be the anchor of a line but my LT spot is already at least solid.

T, Braxton Sanderson, Vanderbilt: A little smaller at 6'2" and 305 lbs he is a better pass blocker, not as good of run blocker, but also is red across the board at the combine.

CB, Bart Weaver, Hawaii, I would probably trade down and pick up a future first if this was my only option but he is a good enough corner, just lacks great endurance.

The first 3 picks went QB, DT, QB. Both qbs have around 60 potential right now so again you have teams reaching looking for a good enough QB to win where there is elite talent on the board. DT Warren Monroe 52/79, was a guy I would have had on my board if it was not for the extreme strength of my line already.

My pick at 1.04 then became easy as I got the guy I wanted Clay Davis 55/87, who looks like the weapon we were looking for in every way.

At 2.04 I went with G Wayne McIntyre 28/67, Nebraska. It was between him and a corner and I may look to come back and trade up for that corner as this draft doesn't have the depth others have. This is a guard who can really boost my line though and I need some sort of help there.

The corner I wanted went 2.21. Wyatt Flannery, 39/66 looked like a good player and a good pick by the Giants but I was worried he would just be another in our rotation where I can add starters elsewhere if I hold my picks.

In the 3rd I added another guard Jim Fulcher, 19/75, a combine skipper from Temple who is a good technique blocker but lacks strength. This will solidify my line pretty well.

In the 4th I did take a corner, Ruben Vance, 27/48, from UTEP, a press man corner with good ball skills.

In the 5th round I took another WR, Tyrus Kinney 31/57, a 6'3" 212 lb WR from TCU who looks like a solid possession WR who can attack the middle and could become a solid big slot guy.

In the 6th I took MLB Kevin Carmelite 26/53, from Vanderbilt. He is a well rounded and very smart linebacker who should fight for the 2nd inside linebacker spot next to Gene Correia down the road.

In the 7th I took combine skipping QB Lance Saavedra who scored a 43 on the Solecismic. He offers me a solid backup down the road and will be the 3rd QB this year.

kcarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 09:13 PM   #52
kcarr
High School JV

Going into year 3 we have clearly the strongest roster we have fielded including 6 players rated over 60 overall which is around the league average and another 6 players rated 50 or higher. This should be our year to finally compete, though the playoffs may be out of range for us.

QB: DeAndre Henson 68, is the 6th highest rated QB in the league and has been one of the best running QBs in the league and now also has some pass catching weapons to go along with that.

Ethan Bernard 23/42 has been okay enough when he gets his chances. Lance Saavedra 14/29 struggled through the preseason but will get this year to show something in practice.

RB: Patrick Rodgers 37/39, and Byron Winslett 44, both return and offer an interesting combo though the line in front of them hasn't been good enough. Juan Barrere 26/39, is well rounded but doesn't bring anything new to the table.

FB: Marcos Hoffman 40, will still do what he does and nothing more.

TE: Gabe DeLamielleure 32/44, broke out last year with a decent rookie year. Amos Perkins 40/43 is a good blocker so will continue to get playing time. Joe Becker 36, has fallen to the 3rd spot.

WR: Clay Davis 62/83, looks to be exactly what you would want from a top 5 pick. He should get a ton of targets right away as the best pass catcher this team has had and is already the 23rd best WR in the league, 3rd on the Green Page, and has the highest potential overall on the green page and 2nd highest of any WR in the league behind OBJ. Rusty Cooper 48/51, is a solid possession guy who will get some chances on the other side. Deep threats Danny Clements 56, and Bubba Wason 46/49 will get some shots but both were pushed into roles last year and never came through. Myles Orenstein 35, was great last year but some are calling that a fluke and it is surprising a guy like him managed 143 targets and did well with them. Tyrus Kinney 36/54 is a huge target and will get his chances.

C: Frank Lehan 44, will still start and has been a solid center. Cooper Vergara 20/43 is a decent backup.

LG: Jim Fulcher 28/72 will get the first shot here replacing last year's 6th round pick Diego McKenzie 30/38.

RG: Wayne McIntyre 32/64, will start right away replacing Dexter Mota 37, who has started for quite a while.

LT: Gilbert Dodge 50, is the anchor of this line. Julian Snyder 16/35, is a UDFA and will back him up.

RT: Nickolas Alexander 39, continues to hold this spot but Gerald Dilgado 30/41 is at his heels.

P: Dominic Howard 47 is a solid enough punter.

K: Morris Alcott 38, is what he is and we havent replaced him yet.

LDE: Dashawn Mallow 68, is a good DE, currently the 13th best fit for the 3-4 DE spot in the league. Tyrone Kelly 54, is very good for a rotational end.

RDE: Clarence Boone 51, is a great pass rusher for a 3-4 DE and is effective against effecting the pass. Luke McDaniel 30, is just filling a spot for not. Vincent Stephenson 27/45, is a decent backup with some pass rush skills and good run defense.

NT: Conner Raymond 69/81, is the anchor of this defense though statistically he was down last year due to filling his role better and letting the LBs run free. He still makes his plays as well. Charlie Cooley 36/45, is a solid backup.

SILB: Gene Correia 39, has been very effective but is being pushed by late round rookie Kevin Carmelite 31/53 who offers a little better coverage and the ability to get to the QB.

WILB: Braden Burnett 51, is a solid run stopper who is safe in his role. Harold Parnell 23/46, is a UDFA who could fill in down the road.

SLB: Justin Aleman 38/85 looks like an elite LB and was very effective last year but it worries me that it looks like he has not improved year to year. Rookie Avery Lymburn 28/57 will get some snaps rushing the passer.

WLB: Taylor Cates 60, looks like he can become my sack leader. He was close a lot last year and should be better this year. Adrian Arteaga 43, backs him up.

CB: Tommy Criswell 64, has been our CB1 so far and that will remain. Amir Baglien 56/64, did not play a lot last year but will get more snaps now. Stan Howe 44, has been a staple as a member of our backfield and will still be in the rotation. Jeff Stacell 42, will also be here for now as a rotation guy. Julian Cutting 19/48 and rookie Ruben Vance 30/39, are on the roster bubble.

SS: Joseph McCrary 37/38 was good enough last year to earn the starting job again. Maxwell Ross 21/35, will try to push him.

FS: Josiah Troupe 40, is a decent FS but nothing special. Elliot McIntyre 21, is proof of how little I have gained at this position.

LS: Reginald Olechowski, 11, will be our LS for a long time it looks like.
Old 02-14-2018, 08:33 AM   #53
kcarr
High School JV

Week 1 vs Green Bay:

We started the game taking the lead on a short FG and when the packers drove down and got a TD we answered running in one of our own. They scored again at the half to make it 14-10 where it stayed through the 3rd quarter but right away in the 4th they added another TD. Henson drove the field and hit rookie Tyrus Kinney for the score and Clay Davis for the 2 but the Packers were able to run out of the clock.

DeAndre Henson went 19/33 for 164 yards and a TD and ran 4 times for 35 yards. Byron Winslett ran 15 times for 76 yards. Rusty Cooper caught 5 of 12 passes for 43 yards.

Taylor Cates racked up 10 tackles. Justin Aleman, Dashawn Mallow, Amir Baglien, and Conner Raymond each had half a sack. Amir Baglien also made a pick and forced a fumble that Justin Aleman recovered.

Morris Alcott made his only FG
Old 02-14-2018, 10:46 PM   #54
kcarr
High School JV

Week 2 at Oakland:

Facing one of the toughest teams in the league, 2nd in the power rankings, was a tough spot for us to be this early in the season. We held close with a 3-3 tie after one quarter and evened it back up, 6-6, early in the 2nd. After that they took over and buried us 26-6.

DeAndre Henson went 14/33 for 131 yards with 2 picks and ran 5 times for 50 yards. Patrick Rodgers gained just 6 yards on 10 carries. Amos Perkins took 14 targets to make 6 catches for 64 yards and Clay Davis caught 4 of 9 for 52 yards.

Braden Burnett made 12 tackles and forced a fumble. Conner Raymond and Dashawn Mallow each had a sack. Amir Baglien made a pair of picks.

Morris Alcott made 2 FGs including a 56 yarder.

SS Joseph McCrary, RB Byron Winslett, and LT Gilbert Dodge all will miss 3-5 weeks with various injuries.

Last edited by kcarr : 02-14-2018 at 10:48 PM.
Old 02-14-2018, 11:00 PM   #55
kcarr
High School JV

Week 3 at New Orleans:

We have been waiting for DeAndre Henson to put the team on his back and take over a game and this may have been a glimpse of that. After the Saints scored first with a FG Henson put together a solid drive and then ran into the endzone from 7 yards out. The saints answered quickly with a FG but we scored one right before the half. After a slow 3rd quarter Henson then scored again on a 7 yard run to open up the 4th. He then set us up for FGs on 2 straight drives. The Saints did score a TD and a 2 point conversion to make it 22-14 but we were able to run the clock out.

DeAndre Henson went 17/32 for 192 yards and ran 10 times for 71 yards and 2 TDs winning player of the game. Juan Barere ran 20 times for 59 yards. Amos Perkins caught 6 passes for 83 yards but had 18 targets.

Braden Burnett made 10 tackles. Amir Baglien and Justin Aleman each had a pick.

Morris Alcott made all 3 FGs
Old 02-15-2018, 03:01 AM   #56
Olsson
High School JV

Giving Henson some weapons could be a highway to success! Nice pick ��
Olsson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2018, 08:38 AM   #57
kcarr
High School JV

Week 4 at Dallas:

The game started off poorly as DeAndre Henson on the first drive fumbled the ball away and the Cowboys drove down and scored a TD. 11 straight drives by us ended in punts after that, though we did get 7 points on a pick six, and during that time Dallas built a 27-7 lead. We ended up driving and scoring our last drive of the game to lose 27-14.

DeAndre Henson went 19/33 for 201 yards with a TD and ran 9 times for 53 yards but lost a fumble. Patrick Rodgers gained 17 yards on 9 carries but added 45 on 2 catches. Rusty Cooper caught 5 passes for 60 yards.

Braden Burnett racked up 9 tackles. Conner Raymond had a sack and Josiah Troupe had a pick 6.
Old 02-15-2018, 08:55 AM   #58
kcarr
High School JV

Week 5 in Philadelphia:

Facing an undefeated Eagles team this was going to be a tough game going in. We opened it up with a FG but they answered with a TD. We put together a long drive though and Clay Davis made it into the endzone for the first time. Philly came back and added a TD to take the lead back 14-10. After a couple stops each way we did add a FG before the half. The Eagles added to their lead with a TD in the 3rd and held us in check until we added a FG to cut the lead to 5, 21-16. They answered with another TD and we couldn't get any closer losing 28-16.

DeAndre Henson went 28/42 for 283 yards and a TD and ran 5 times for 31 yards. Juan Barrere ran 9 times for 53 yards. Amos Perkins caught 11 passes for 128 yards on 15 targets.

Taylor Cates and Braden Burnett racked up 7 tackles each. Cates and Conner Raymond each had a sack.

Morris Alcott went 3/3 including a 52 yard kick.
Old 02-15-2018, 09:11 AM   #59
kcarr
High School JV

Week 6 vs New York:

Coming off a couple tough games now facing aa .500 Giants team we have a fair shot at picking up a win. The Giants struck first with a 1st quarter TD. We came back right away with a long drive with Henson running it in from 4 yards away. The Giants took control after that with a pair of 2nd quarter scores, one from OBJ and one from free agent signing Devonta Freeman. We did get a FG at the end of the half to cut the lead to 11. The 3rd quarter saw little action with each team getting a FG and in the middle of the 4th Henson hit Gabe DeLamielleure for a 42 yard score and added the 2 point conversion on a throw to Clay Davis. The Giants were able to pick up the 3 first downs they needed to run out the clock though and won 24-21.

DeAndre Henson went 23/38 for 252 yards and a TD and ran 7 times for 48 yards and a TD. Patrick Rodgers ran 15 times for 65 yards. Clay Davis caught 6 of 7 targets for 90 yards.

Braden Burnett made 8 tackles. Dashawn Mallow and Clarence Boone each had a sack.

Morris Alcott made 2 or 3 kicks though missed a 50 yarder that would have helped us a lot.
Old 02-15-2018, 09:21 AM   #60
kcarr
High School JV

Week 7 at Chicago:

The first quarter passed scoreless as we missed a FG and then got the ball back on a pick and neither team could get anything going. They broke the ice in the 2nd with a couple FGs before we got into the endzone with a DeAndre Henson TD run. The scored right before the half to take a 13-7 lead. On the first drive of the 3rd we answered back with a TD run but could not add anything from there and the Bears were able to tack on a FG and a late TD to win 23-14.

DeAndre Henson went 25/38 for 287 yards and a pick and ran 5 times for 37 yards and a TD. Byron Winslett ran 7 times for 21 yards but lost a fumble. Clay Davis caught 7 of 9 targets for 85 yards.

Taylor Cates racked up 11 tackles and Tommy Criswell and Joseph McCrary each had 10. Amir Baglien and Maxwell Ross each had a pick.

Morris Alcott missed his one FG try.
Old 02-15-2018, 09:52 AM   #61
kcarr
High School JV

Week 8 at Green Bay:

Though we have been close all year we have fallen short time and again. Here we had a solid shot to overcome that against a 3-4 packers squad. Things started off poorly though as Henson fumbled in the endzone and the packers recovered to go up 7-0. We came roaring back though as Henson put together a long drive ending with Rusty Cooper catching a 6 yard score and then at the end of the first hit Clay Davis streaking for the endzone on a 56 yard shot. We added a FG in the 2nd to go up 17-7. The packers owned the 3rd quarter scoring on a 95 yard Jordan Taylor catch and a 57 yard Damien Williams run and then added another 44 yarder by Taylor in the early 4th to go up 28-17. We got a FG with 2:23 left to cut the lead to 8 and then Elliot McIntyre scored on a fumble return and Clay Davis caught yet another 2 point catch to tie the score but Aaron Rodgers led a game winning drive tossing a TD to win the game 35-28.

DeAndre Henson went 29/38 for 373 with 2 TDs and a pick and ran 10 times for 74 yards but lost a fumble. Byron Winslett ran 8 times for 21 yards. Clay Davis hauled in all 7 of his targets for 140 yards and a TD while Rusty Cooper hauled in all 6 of his for 66 and a score.

Joseph McCrary racked up 10 tackles. Clarence Boone had 2.5 sacks, Dashawn Mallow had 1.5 and forced 2 fumbles, Taylor Cates and Justin Aleman each had 1. Elliot McIntyre had a fumble recovery for a TD and Amir Baglien had yet another pick.

Morris Alcott made 2 of 3 kicks including 1 of 2 over 50.
Old 02-15-2018, 05:46 PM   #62
kcarr
High School JV

Week 10 vs Washington:

Coming off our bye we once again faced a tough test, this time against the 6-2 Washington Redskins who, interestingly for those following real football, are led by QB Alex Smith. We jumped out to a quick lead with a FG just 2 minutes into the game. The Skins answere with a TD drive but we came back with an 8 play 75 yard TD drive. After Washington missed a FG we drove down and made one to go up 13-7. After punts both ways they managed another TD drive but we put together a FG scoring drive to end the half up 16-14. Each team added a FG in the 3rd but the Skins scored on Smith's 2nd passing TD to take a 24-19 lead. We got a FG in the middle of the 4th and after forcing a punt we had a solid drive going we as drove down to the 16 yard line only down 2 but a pick ended our shot there. We forced a 3 and out and got the ball back with a minute left but didn't manage to get even to midfield.

DeAndre Henson went 21/40 for 311 yards and a pick and ran 5 times for 37 yards. Byron Winslett ran 8 times for 34 yards. Clay Davis caught 6 of 8 targets for 111 yards.

Braden Burnett racked up 13 tackles. Conner Raymond had 2 sacks and Tyrone Kelly had one.

Morris Alcott made all 5 FGs including 2 over 50 yards.
Old 02-15-2018, 07:43 PM   #63
kcarr
High School JV

Week 11 vs Minnesota:

We are sitting at 1-8 but have lost a few close games and I feel we could just as easily be a .500 team. Here we are facing a 5-3-1 Vikings team. The Vikes starter well driving for a TD and a FG on their first 2 drives but we matched with a FG, a TD run by Henson, and then after forcing a punt a 10 play 97 yard TD drive to go up 17-10. The vikings did cut the lead to 4 with a FG right before the half. We opened the 2nd half with a drive ending in a 29 yard TD from Henson to Davis. The Vikings did get a FG to get within a score, 22-16. We answered back with another 75 yard TD drive ending with Patrick Rodgers punching it in from 5 yards out. The Vikings did score again early in the 4th with a FG but a late FG and a pick six at the end of the game sealed a 39-19 win.

DeAndre Henson went 15/26 for 185 yards and a TD added 86 yards and a score on 9 carries. Patrick Rodgers ran 20 times for 86 yards and a TD. Clay Davis hauled in 5 of 7 targets for 65 yards and a TD.

Braden Burnett racked up 12 tackles and half a sack. Clarence Boone added 1.5 sacks and Conner Raymond had 1. Taylor Cates had a pick six.

Morris Alcott went 2/2

Byron Winslett ruptured an elbow tendon and Jeff Stacel broke his tibia and both will miss the rest of the season.

Last edited by kcarr : 02-15-2018 at 07:51 PM.
Old 02-15-2018, 08:20 PM   #64
kcarr
High School JV

Week 12 vs Kansas City:

After facing a lot of tough competition early in the season we finally get somewhat of a reprieve facing 1-9 Kansas City. The Chiefs do have 1st overall pick QB Aaron Duncan 23/68 but are sticking with Nick Foles 42, so far this year. The game opened with the first 5 combined drives ending in 3 and outs before our 3rd drive went 82 yards and ended with a FG. They matched with a FG before each year punted again. We managed to add another 3 and then a pick 6 and another FG right at the half to take control 16-3. 3 more TD drives in the 2nd half allowed us to sail to an easy 37-6 win.

DeAndre Henson went 22/38 for 245 yards and a pick and ran 5 times for 44 yards. Patrick Rodgers ran 18 times for 110 yards and 2 TDs taking over a larger role with Byron Winslett out. Rusty Cooper caught 4 of 5 targets for 101 yards.

Tommy Criswell made 10 tackles. Justin Aleman made a sack. Amir Baglien made 2 picks, Adrian Arteaga made one, and Joseph McCrary had one for a TD.

Morris Alcott made 3 FGs
Old 02-15-2018, 08:37 PM   #65
kcarr
High School JV

Week 13 vs Los Angeles:

Facing another weak team, the 2-9 Rams, we fell behind right away with the Rams getting a FG. Henson hit Myles Orenstien for a 1st quarter score but the Rams answered with a Todd Gurley TD. We then scored 31 unanswered points including 2 TD grabs by rookie Tyrus Kinney and one by Clay Davis and a score by UDFA Kelvin McCarthy who was signed after the Winslett injury. With that scoring run we coasted to a 41-20 win moving to 4-8 and winning 3 straight games for the first time since this started.

DeAndre Henson went 20/24 for 275 yards and 4 TDs. Patrick Rodgers ran 18 times for 55 yards. Clay Davis caught 6 of 7 targets cor 117 yards and a TD and Tyrus Kinney caught 6 of 6 for 44 and 2 TDs.

Braden Burentt made 10 tackles. Dashawn Mallow made 2.5 sacks and forced a fumble. Taylor Cates had 2 sacks and Conner Raymond had half of one. Justin Aleman made a pick and forced a fumble and Tommy Criswell recovered a fumble.

Morris Alcott went 2/3 missing from beyond 40.
Old 02-15-2018, 09:02 PM   #66
kcarr
High School JV

Week 14 at San Diego:

Coming off 3 straight wins and facing a 5-5 Chargers team we came out firing driving down the field and seeing Gabe DeLamielleure end up in the end zone. They evened it up in the middle of the 1st with a long TD run and then a pick six right after that. We bounced back right away with a Braden Burnett pick six. We took a halftime lead with a FG and then started the 2nd half like the first with a drive ending with DeLamielleure in the endzone. After getting a stop Henson hit Rusty Cooper with a deep TD pass and we went up 31-14.
The chargers came back with a pair of TDs cutting the lead to 3. We made a FG in the middle of the 4th and San Diego was able to match it but couldn't do any more and we won our 4th straight 34-31.

DeAndre Henson went 20/29 for 278 yards with 3 TDs and 2 picks and ran 3 times for 26 yards. Patrick Rodgers ran 20 times for 82 yards. Clay Davis caught 7 of 10 targets for 132 yards and Gabe DeLamielleure caught all 5 of his for 66 yards and scored twice.

Justin Aleman made 11 tackles. Dashawn Mallow made 2 sacks and forced a fumble. Taylor Cates made 9 tackles and 1.5 sacks. Clarence Boone and Conner Raymond each had a sack. Charlie Cooley had .5 sacks and a recovery. Braden Burnett had 9 tackles and a pick six and Amir Baglien had a pick.

Morris Alcott made both of his FGs
Old 02-15-2018, 09:41 PM   #67
kcarr
High School JV

Week 15 at Minnesota:

With a 4 game win streak going we are getting close to getting out of the bottom spot in the division. Opening the game for the 3rd straight half Gabe DeLamielleure scored a TD to start it. The vikings answered with a TD and a FG to take a 10-7 lead which they held until there were 5 seconds left in the half. At the end of the half and then again on the first drive of the 3rd quarter we added FGs to take a 13-10 lead. They got a TD late in the 3rd but we answered right away and held the lead until there was less than a minute left in the game when they finally punched in a game winning score to go up 24-20.

DeAndre Henson went 26/44 for 279 yards and 2 TDs and ran 8 times for 57 yards. FB Marcos Hoffman was our leading RB with 10 carries for 7 yards. Clay Davis continued to produce catching 8 of 10 targets for 121 yards, his 5th 100 yard game of the year.

Braden Burnett had 13 tackles and a sack and Joseph McCrary gad 11 and Taylor Cates had 10. Dashawn Mallow and Tyrone Kelly each had a sack. Justin Aleman had a pick.

Morris Alcott went 2 for 3 missing his one long kick.
Old 02-15-2018, 09:47 PM   #68
kcarr
High School JV

Week 16 vs Denver:

Our tough schedule continued as we faced a 10-4 Denver team. We opened the game forcing a punt and then hitting Danny Clements for a deep TD. The Broncos then took control with 21 unanswered. We had a decent 3rd quarter with a FG and another TD, Henson to Cooper, but from there they took over and added a TD and a FG to win 31-17.

DeAndre Henson went 23/35 for 328 yards with 2 TDs and a pick and ran times for 47 yards. Kelvin McCarthy ran twice for 19 yards. Tyrus Kinney caught 4 passes for 76 yards, 61 after the catch.

Justin Aleman racked up 12 tackles and Josiah Troupe he 10. Taylor Cates had 2 sacks and forced a fumble and Clarence Boone also had a sack.

Morris Alcott made his one FG
Old 02-15-2018, 11:10 PM   #69
kcarr
High School JV

Week 17 vs Chicago:

With both of our teams out of the playoffs little was on the line week 17 but this was still a division game that we wanted to win. It did not start well as we missed a FG on our opening drive and they made one right after. It was all punts after that though until a 15 play drive in the 2nd quarter got us 3 of our own to tie the score. They started the 2nd half with a drive ending in Alshon Jeffery scoring on a reverse but we answered with a FG and 3 straight TDs, one on a catch by Rusty Cooper and then a short run by Kelvin McCarthy and a 33 yard run by FB Marcos Hoffman to win 27-10.

DeAndre Henson went 24/33 for 255 yards and a TD and ran 10 times for 95 yards. Marcos Hoffman ran 15 times for 56 yards and a TD. Rusty Cooper caught 6 of 8 targets for 87 yards and a TD and Clay davis added 6 of 9 for 83 yards.

Taylor Cates had 6 tackles, a sack, and forced a fumble and Braden Burnett and Justin Aleman also had 6 each. Conner Raymond also had a sack.

Morris Alcott went 2 for 3 missing his one long kick.
Old 02-15-2018, 11:40 PM   #70
kcarr
High School JV

We started off rocky this year but winning 5 games in the 2nd half of the season gives us a good outlook going forward. There were highs and lows but I feel like we are close to breaking through.

QB: DeAndre Henson went 345/556, 62.1% for 4039 yards with 19 TDs and 9 picks and 3 300 yard games. He was also the league's top rushing QB running 111 times for 812 yards and 5 TDs with 5 fumbles and a recovery.

Ethan Bernard only threw 2 passes, one incomplete and one pick.

RB: Patrick Rodgers ran 163 times for 440 yards and 6 TDs and caught 7 passes for 73 yards but fumbled 3 times. He also missed the last 2 games.

Byron Winslett only played 6 games and ran 48 times for 194 yards and a TD and caught 2 passes for 17 yards but had a fumble.

Juan Barrere in 9 games ran 48 times for 150 yards and caught 3 passes for 32 and had a fumble.

Kelvin McCarthy ran 24 times for 118 yards and 3 scores playing the last 6 games and caught 2 passes for 25 yards.

FB: Marcos Hoffman got some touches due to injury and ran 41 times for 88 yards and a TD and a fumble.

TE: Amos Perkins took over again and caught 61 of 103 targets for 732 yards and had a 100 yard game.

Gabe DeLamielleure caught 44 of 63 for 378 and 4 TDs.

WR: Clay Davis looks like the real deal and as a rookie caught 82 of 113 targets for 1189 yards and 4 TDs and had 5 100 yard games.

Fellow rookie Tyrus Kinney caught 68 of 113 for 551 and 3 TDs.

Rusty Cooper caught 59 of 99 for 823 and 6 TDs with 1 100 yard game.

Danny Clements caught 13 of 19 for 178 and a TD

Last year's leading WR for our team Myles Orenstein had a huge drop off with 4 of 21 targets grabbed for 41 yards and a TD

OLine: Jim Fulcher as a rookie made 20 of 68 key block and allowed 2 sacks.

Nickolas Alexander made 18 of 71 with a pancake and 8 sacks allowed.

In 13 games Gilbert Dodge had the highest percentage with 17 of 52 but gave up 7 sacks.

Frank Lehan made 16 of 57 and 4 sacks

Wayne McIntyre made 12 of 44 but didnt allow a sack in 12 games.

Dexter Mota made 3 if 15 and gave up 3 sacks in 6 games.

DLine: Dashawn Mallow made 66 tackles, 9 sacks, 3 blocks defeated, 14 hurries, 3 knockdowns, a pass defensed and 5 forced fumbles in a breakout year.

Conner Raymond also showed up on the stat sheet a lot more with 58 tackles, 9 sacks, 1 block defeated, 21 hurries, and 20 knockdowns.

Clarence Boone hade 44 tackles, 6.5 sacks, 4 blocks defeated, 14 hurries, and 7 knockdowns

Tyrone Kelly made 21 tackles, 2 sacks, 3 blocks defeated, 5 hurries, and 4 knockdowns.

LB: Braden Burnett took over with the new coordinator as Gene Correia fell out of favor and he racked up 141 tackles, 1.5 sacks, 1 hurry, 10 passes defensed, a pick six, and a forced fumble.

Justin Aleman also fell off a little, especially early, but added splash plays later in the season and made 97 tackles, 2.5 sacks, 3 blocks defeated, 4 hurries, 6 passes defensed, 3 picks, 2 forced fumbles, and a recovery.

Taylor Cates appears to be on the edge of breaking out as an edge rusher and made 103 tackles, 8.5 sacks, 2 blocks defeated, 12 hurries, 12 knockdowns, 6 passes defensed, a pick six, and 2 forced fumbles.

Gene Correia made 40 tackles, 2 hurries, and a pass defensed.

Harold Parnell played just 5 games but made 18 tackles and 1 hurry.

CB: Tommy Criswell made 86 tackles, 1 block defeated, 10 passes defensed, 1 forced fumble, and 1 recovery.

Amir Baglien made 59 tackles, .5 sacks, 1 hurry, 4 passes defensed, 9 picks, 1 forced fumble, and a recovery.

Stan Howe made 41 tackles, 5 passes defensed, and a recovery.

S: Joseph McCrary in 13 games had 94 tackles, 1 hurry, 9 passes defensed, a pick six, and a forced fumble.

Josiah Troupe made 77 tackles, 8 passes defensed, and a pick six.

Maxwell Ross made 21 tackles, 1 block defeated, 1 hurry, and a pick.

Returners: Amir Baglien returned 37 punts for 218 yards, 5.9 per.

Clay Davis returned 36 kicks 807 yards, 22.4 per.

Kicking: Morris Alcott went 32/38 including 11 of 17 from 40 and 5 of 10 from 50 and made 34 of 37 XPs

Punting: Dominic Howard punted 96 times for 3988 yards, 41.5 per and netted 36 per.
Old 02-15-2018, 11:43 PM   #71
kcarr
High School JV

Denver beat Philly in the superbowl 42-21.

Conner Raymond won 1st team all league at DT and Morris Alcott won 2nd team all league at kicker.
Old 02-15-2018, 11:49 PM   #72
kcarr
High School JV

During the staff draft the one change we made was at assistant coach where we went with West Coach tight end specialist Norm Gladen who is good at scouting and interviewing and lacks a little discipline.

Going into the actual draft our biggest needs are probably at safety and running back. Also, even though Justin Aleman still has potential and is a freak athlete I am worried there. If value shows up at LB I may jump on it.
Old 02-16-2018, 12:52 AM   #73
kcarr
High School JV

With the 8th pick in the draft we missed out on the two RBs we wanted at the top of the draft were gone, 1st overall to the Chiefs Tucker Emerson 54/71 and 4th overall to the Saints Donovan Cheatwood 57/79.

With the only player I saw as worth the pick being a DE and Dashawn Mallow and Clarence Boone both being very good there I traded my 1.08 for 2.01, 5.01, and a future 1st.

At 2.01 the value at DE was still too great to pass up and I took 6'4" 291 lb Duke product Butch Bullock, 34/75, who looks like a well rounded all around great pass rushing and run stuffing end.

At our 2.08 we went with Jace Glenn 31/70, a 6' 200 lb safety from Tennessee who is great against the run, playing zone coverage, and making plays on the ball.

With 2 other WRs coming off the board moving the guy I wanted up to 3rd on the list and I had to make a move, despite being solid at the position, because I saw him as a stud. I had to give up my 3rd, 4th, 5th, and a future 3rd but I really don't see a lot of depth in this draft and already have an extra 1st next year. Owen Horton 46/74, is everything one could want in a well rounded pass catcher. We have a lot of depth at the position but this gives us two potential WR1 types.

In the 6th we took a shot at a LB, Rex Griffin 14/48, who looks well rounded enough to provide some depth.

In the 7th round we went with OT Wally Straub 27/65, from St Francis who should challenge for a starting job.
Old 02-16-2018, 01:04 AM   #74
kcarr
High School JV

Going into training camp DeAndre Henson was wanting to hold out but we were looking to resign him anyway so we just took care of it giving him 120 million over 5 years.

Also, we resigned Conner Raymond to a 5 year deal worth 70 million which I see as a bargain.

We signed Tommy Criswell to a 4 year deal worth 35 million.

We signed Amir Baglien for 5 years for 48 million.

Josiah Troupe was signed for 3 years for 6 million.

Gilbert Dodge was signed for 3 years for 13 million.

Braden Burnett was signed for 4 years for 16 million.
Old 02-16-2018, 08:54 AM   #75
kcarr
High School JV

Looking at our roster going into the season this is again the best team we have even had. I expect to make a push for the playoffs this year.

QB: DeAndre Henson 69, is the 3rd best QB in the league. He has gotten better every year and can looks to build on last year where he topped 4000 yards through the air and almost 5000 with his rushing included.

Ethan Bernard 26/42, has yet to really get a chance and likely wont until he leaves here. UDFA Randal Ratan, 13/48 looked decent in the preseason at times.

RB: After a fair amount of struggle here last year due to injury Byron Winslett is gone and we will see some combination of Patrick Rodgers 37, who is a power back with some receiving skills and solid elusiveness, UDFA Al Summers, a big play back who with some explosive home run ability, and Monty Scott whose speed and power is impressive but lacks the endurance to play very many downs.

FB: Marcos Hoffman 40, has been filling in well and even played some RB due to injury last year.

TE: We have used a pair of TEs for several years now and likely will again. Amos Perkins 42, is our blocking TE and gets a lot of playing time as such. He is also coming off the best statistical season of any TEs in our time here. Gabe DeLamielleure 41/43, is a good route runner with the ability to get down field. Rookie UDFA Collin Robbins 27/50 has really good potential as a pass catcher.

WR: Clay Davis 85, is currently the best WR in the league after nearly 1200 yards as a rookie. Opposite him Rusty Cooper 53, is coming off of a good 2nd season. Tyrus Kinney 44/52, played the slot role last year and is great at adjusting to poor throws. Rookie Owen Horton 45/66, looks like a good route runner with really good big play ability. Danny Clements 56, is a big play threat who has gotten fewer snaps each year.

C: Frank Lehan 43, has been a solid center for years though is far from spectacular. Cooper Vergara 21/38 is a solid backup.

LG: Jim Fulcher 52/71 was decent as a rookie and looks to build on that. Diego McKenzie 25/29 backs him up.

RG: Wayne McIntyre 48/57, is a good run blocker and is an above average guard. Dexter Mota 39, is a solid backup.

LT: Gilbert Dodge 50, is a solid tackle who has anchored this line for a long time. Shaun Webb 14/54 is a UDFA who will likely be a career backup.

RT: Nickolas Alexander 41, has been starting here for a long time but is being pushed by 7th round pick Wally Straub 31/57, who is a good pass blocker and a capable run blocker.

P: Dominic Howard 47, has been an okay punter for years now.

K: Erik Foerstel 50/63, is new here but has a much stronger leg than our previous kicker.

LDE: Dashawn Mallow 68, is coming off a huge breakout year and is great against the run and decent against the pass. He is the 16th best 3/4 DE in the league, a set that ahead of him includes several DTs who are not currently playing DE showing there is a lot of overlap there and he is really ranked even higher among DEs. He is backed up by Tyrone Kelly 55, who has been a rotational end at most lately but has made a few plays every year.

RDE: Clarence Boone 50, is very good rushing the passer but is not a well rounded end. 2nd round pick Butch Bullock 39/70, has great strength to collapse the pocket and is very good against the run.

NT: Conner Raymond 82, is the best NT in the league and is coming off of a huge season. He is great against the pass and very good against the run. Charlie Cooley 42/43, backs him up and is a pure run defender.

SILB: Kevin Carmelite 35/50 will get his shot here though will likely lose downs to Braden Burnett. Gene Correia 40, has fallen off and likely will just be a backup.

WILB: Braden Burnett 50, is good against the run and took over as the team's leading tackler last year. Harold Parnell, 31/50, was good until he got hurt.

SLB: Justin Aleman 37/83, is becoming a large concern and may lose some snaps to other LBs. He is still a very good athlete and has put up decent numbers with a fair number of splash plays but has not improved his skills. Avery Lymburn 35/56, is good rushing and covering the pass but lacks the endurance to play a full game every down. Rookie Rex Griffin 17/45, is a capable pass rusher.

WLB: Taylor Cates 59, is becoming a good pass rusher. Adrian Arteaga 43, is a capable backup who makes a couple splash plays each year it seems.

CB: A position that is now settled long term with a couple big contracts handed out Tommy Criswell 67, has been taking on top WRs for years. Amir Baglien 64, has great ball skills and dominated with passes being forced his way last year. Stan Howe 45, has seated himself comfortable as the nickle WR. Jeff Stacell 42, is decent in coverage and can fill in as needed. Julian Cutting 19/47, and rookie Chandler Dunn 29/43, are just backups and won't see the field much.

SS: Joseph McCrary 40, has been a solid safety for a couple years after signing as a UDFA but looks like he will lose snaps and maybe his job to rookie Jace Glenn 40/69, who is great against the run and and making picks.

FS: Josiah Troupe 40, is a good coverage FS but may lose some ground to 2nd year UDFA Kris Baker 31/58, who signed last year as players went on IR.

LS: Reginald Olechowski, 12, is a solid longsnapper.
Old 02-16-2018, 09:10 AM   #76
kcarr
High School JV

Week 1 vs Minnesota:

We opened the season against a team that made the playoffs last year and looks to again this year. In the first quarter each team managed a score, ours coming on a long pass to Tyrus Kinney and theirs on a long TD run. We then each added a FG in the 2nd but we opened the 3rd with our defense ready to play scoring a FG, forcing a pick, and then adding another FG. They did finally get a kick in the 4th to cut the lead to 16-13 but we held on there for the win.

DeAndre Henson went 17/30 for 246 yards and a TD and ran 9 times for 48 yards but lost a fumble. Patrick Rodgers ran 10 times for 43 yards. Tyrus Kinney caught 6 of 8 targets for 97 and a TD.

Braden Burnett made 9 tackles and forced a fumble. Taylor Cates had 2 sacks and Butch Bullock, Conner Raymond, Justin Aleman, and Dashawn Mallow each had one. Jace Glenn had a pick.

Erik Foerstel made all 3 kicks including one from 52.

Kris Baker tore his ACL and will miss the season.

Last edited by kcarr : 02-16-2018 at 05:06 PM.
Old 02-16-2018, 05:18 PM   #77
kcarr
High School JV

Week 2 at Jacksonville:

Playing with a winning record for the first time we came out looking to add to it. Our start was not ideal going 3 and out but then a pick set us up well and we got 3 points. The Jags broke through not much later scoring on a FG of their own. We got another FG early in the 2nd and had a shot at one at the end of the half. After forcing a punt we had another shot to go up by more than the 3 points but lost a fumble and the Jags struck quickly as on the following play Lataviis Murray broke free for a 39 yard TD. This got us moving and we came out right away with a long drive and a Gabe DeLamielleure TD. We added a FG at the end of the 3rd to go up 16-10. The Jags got a FG on the following drive and held the game within 3 for quite a while but with 2 minutes left we scored on a 51 yard kick and while the Jags then got within FG range being down 19-13 they had to try for the TD and could not get it pushing us to 2-0.

DeAndre Henson went 20/31 for 305 yards and a TD and ran 8 times for 64 yards. Patrick Rodgers gained just 20 yards on 9 carries and caught a pass for 4 yards. Clay Davis caught 5 of 8 targets for 72 yards.

Joseph McCrary made 9 tackles. Dashawn Mallow had 2 sacks and Braden Burnett, Justin Aleman, and Tyrone Kelly each had 1. Amir Baglien forced a fumble and Tommy Criswell had a pick.

Erik Foerstel made 4 of 5 kicks including 2 of 3 outside 40 yards and his only 50 yard try.

Conner Raymond suffered a concussion, his first serious injury, and will miss a few games.

Last edited by kcarr : 02-16-2018 at 05:20 PM.
Old 02-16-2018, 05:31 PM   #78
kcarr
High School JV

Week 3 at New York:

Facing a fellow 2-0 team in the Giants we came out firing going 75 yards in 7 plays and scoring a TD to start the game. The Giants came right back and scored a FG but we drove right down and added our own. We then took away a fumble and added another FG to go up 13-3. The Giants drove down for a TD and we added a FG at the end of the half to go up 16-10. In the 2nd half the defenses both stepped up as they forced us to punt 6 straight times and we forced 4 punts, a pick, and a missed FG from them leaving us winning 16-10.

DeAndre Henson went 11/25 for 133 yards and a TD and ran 5 times for 39 yards. Monty Scott ran 8 times for 50 yards. Clay Davis did catch 5 passes for 67 yards and a TD but took 13 tries to do so.

Jace Glenn made 11 tackles and Taylor Cates and Tommy Criswell split a sack. Justin Aleman continues to make splash plays with a pick and Criswell forced a fumble that Tyrone Kelly recovered.

Erik Foerstel made all 3 FG tries including a 56 yarder.
Old 02-16-2018, 08:46 PM   #79
kcarr
High School JV

Week 4 at New Orleans:

As we move up the power rankings, 3rd going into this week, we are starting to see ourself as a real contender. We opened the game with a FG on our first drive to which the saints answered with Case Keenum throwing a TD. We came back with anoher FG and after they missed one we drove down and Marcos Hoffman pounded in a TD from 3 yards out. After each team punted on 3 and outs the Saints added a FG to cut the lead to 3. We then scored a TD on a 17 yard catch by Owen Horton, his first score. The saints scored first in the 2nd half to cut the lead to 20-13 but Danny Clements got his one target of the game and broke loose for a 42 yard TD, mostly after the catch. Brandin Cooks then scored a long TD but the 4th we were able to hold them quite with each team just scoring a FG.

DeAndre Henson went 21/24 for 317 yards and 2 TDs and ran 7 times for 18 yards. Patrick Rodgers ran 10 times for 30 yards. Tyrus Kinney caught all 5 targets for 113 yards.

Braden Burnett made 14 tackles and Taylor Cates and Tyrone Kelly each had a sack and Cates added a forced fumble.

Erik Foerstel made all 3 FG tries
Old 02-16-2018, 09:01 PM   #80
kcarr
High School JV

Week 6 at Chicago:

Coming off our bye we have a great chance to get a win and make at least some mark in our division. After throwing a pick on the 2nd play of the game and letting them get a couple 1st downs we forced a long kick which they missed. We then alternated TDs and picks for another 4 offensive drives while the Bears on the other hand couldnt get anything going. Also Justin Aleman ended a bears drive with a pick six in that stretch and thanks to a missed xp we were up 20-0. The bear then scored 16 points on a FG and 2 TDs with one missed XP making it a tight game going into the 4th with neither offense playing really great. We punted 3 times and they punted twice to start the 4th before they went 12 plays for 91 yards to score with just 26 seconds left in the game going up 23-20. We got the ball back with 68 yards to go and henson hit a short pass to Davis and then hit a 51 yard bomb to Tyrus Kinney on a hail mary to win 27-23.

DeAndre Henson went 21/35 for 327 yards with 2 TDs and 3 picks and ran twice for 11 yards. Monty Scott ran 5 times for 37 yards. Clay Davis caught 7 of 13 passes for 101 yards and Tyrus Kinney caught 3 of 7 for 87 and a TD.

Braden Burnett made 11 tackles. Taylor Cates, Dashan Mallow, and Justin Aleman each had a sakc and Charlie Cooley and Clarence Boone split one. Aleman had a pick six and Boone and Amir Baglien each forced a fumble.

Erik Foerstel did not try a FG but made 3 of 4 xps.

Amir Baglien broke his fibula and will miss a couple months. Tyrone Kelly tore an ankle ligament and will miss the rest of the season.

Last edited by kcarr : 02-16-2018 at 09:11 PM.
Old 02-16-2018, 09:25 PM   #81
kcarr
High School JV

Week 7 vs Tampa Bay:

Being a little banged up we are hosting a solid Tampa team the was 3-3 coming in. Jameis Winston struck first throwing a TD early in the first before we drove down and Patrick Rodgers scored a TD, In the 2nd Clay Davis took over catching a pair of TDs and Tyrus Kinney scored as well. Tampa did get a TD too but that left us up 28-14 going into the half. In the 3rd they scored another TD while we added a FG. Both teams scored 3 to start the 4th but Tampa scored 2 TDs on long drives split by a 3 and out by us taking a 38-34 lead. Henson got the ball back with 2 minutes left and led a drive ending with Clay Davis catching his 3rd TD, the game winner.

DeAndre Henson went 26/39 for 395 yards with 4 TDs and a pick and ran 4 times for 17 yards. Patrick Rodgers ran 11 times for 35 yards and a TD. Clay Davis lit up the scoreboard with 16 of 24 targets caught for 258 yards and 3 TDs while Tyrus Kinney caught 5 of 6 for 96 and a TD.

Braden Burnett made 11 tackles and Joseph McCrary added 10. Dashawn Mallow had a sack and forced a fumble. Kevin Carmelite also forced one and Avery Lymburn had a recovery. Jeff Stacell added a pick.

Erik Foerstel made both FG tries including a 51 yard kick.
Old 02-16-2018, 10:36 PM   #82
kcarr
High School JV

Week 8 at Atlanta:

We are the only undefeated team left in the league and look to continue that against the 5-2 Falcons. We opened the game with a long drive and an Al Summers TD run but atlanta kicker Hugh Blow, just had to throw that name out there, got a FG to cut into the lead and then Matt Ryan hit Levine Toilolo for a TD to take the lead. That would be the only time the falcons would lead though as we got a FG early in the 3rd and then Kevin Carmelite returned a pick for a TD before Monty Scott added a TD run to seal the win 24-10.

DeAndre Henson went 14/33 for 168 yards and ran 6 times for 22 yards. Patrick Rodgers ran 9 times for 57 yards. Clay Davis caught 8 passes for 104 yards but took 23 targets to do so.

Braden Burnett racked up 11 tackles while Butch Bullock had 2 sacks and Kevin Carmalite had a pick six.

Erik Foerstel made his one FG attempt.
Old 02-16-2018, 10:44 PM   #83
kcarr
High School JV

Week 9 vs Carolina:

After a scoreless 1st Carolina got on the ball first with a FG. We made a kick to respond but missed our next two and punted 3 times as Carolina added another FG and a TD. In the 4th Gabe DeLamielleure got into the endzone to cut the lead to 13-10. We then got the ball back off a pick and put together a short 26 yard drive ending in an Al Summers TD.

DeAndre Henson went 17/32 for 225 yards with a TD and a pick and ran 15 times for 90 yards. Al Summers ran 6 times for 28 yards and a TD. Clay Davis caught 8 of 20 targets for 87 yards.

Braden Burnett made 10 tackles. Conner Raymond had 1.5 sacks, Dashawn Mallow had 1, Butch Bullock, Julian Cutting, and Justin Aleman each had .5 and Aleman added a pick.

Erik Foerstel made 1 of 3 FGs with both misses coming over 40 yards.
Old 02-17-2018, 12:41 AM   #84
kcarr
High School JV

Week 10 vs Green Bay:

The packers have dropped off hard after winning the division last year starting 2-6. That happens when they go from Aaron Rodgers, who retired, to Brandon Weeden leading the team. We scored quick getting 3 points on the board but Weeden struck back hitting Elijah Hatcher on a deep TD pass. We came back with a long drive and Owen Horton scored on a reverse. Jace Glenn then made a pick six and we added a FG late in the half to go up 27-10. We scored one more time in the 3rd on a Clay Davis TD grab to win 34-10.

DeAndre Henson went 24/28 for 322 yards and a TD and ran 11 times for 37 yards and a TD. Al Summers ran 5 times for 23 yards. Clay Davis caught 7 of 8 targets for 108 yards and a TD and Gabe DeLamielleure caught all 7 of his for 83 yards.

Justin Aleman made 11 tackles and Braden Burnett and Jace Glenn each had 10 and Glenn added a pick six. Dashawn Mallow made a sack.

Erik Foerstel made 2 of 3 kicks including 1 of 2 over 50.
Old 02-17-2018, 12:48 AM   #85
kcarr
High School JV

Week 11 at Minnesota:

Facing the top competition in our division, 6-3 Minnesota, both teams came out and made long drives ending in TD runs to start the game. The Vikings then added a FG, forced a punt, and then added a TD throw. Late in the half both teams added a passing TD and then we managed a kick as time expired. This left the Vikings up 24-17 at the half. We scored quickly in the 2nd half but the vikings answered with a TD drive of their own. In the 4th each team managed a FG and the vikings won 34-27.

DeAndre Henson went 20/37 for 254 yards with 2 TDs and a pick and ran 9 times for 52 yards. Al Summers ran 4 times for 24 yards and a TD. Clay Davis caught 5 of 13 targets for 86 yards.

Joseph McCrary made 10 tackles. Conner Raymond made 2 sacks and forced a fumble, Dashawn Mallow also forced a fumble, and Justin Aleman made a sack and recovered a fumble.

Erik Foerstel made both FG tries.

Wayne McIntyre broke his fibula and will miss likely all the remaining regular season.

Last edited by kcarr : 02-17-2018 at 12:50 AM.
Old 02-17-2018, 08:57 AM   #86
kcarr
High School JV

Week 12 at Indianapolis:

Against a 5-5 colts squad but coming off our first loss we knew we had to get something going early. We scored first in what would turn into a shoot out with 7 of the first 8 drives ending in points. We put up a FG but the Colts answered with a TD run. We answered with another FG which they matched. We then scored a TD on a Henson to Davis pass but Luck threw a TD then they forced a punt and he threw another putting us in an early hole 24-13. In the 3rd we came out and Owen Horton caught a TD but early in the 4th Luck threw another pushing their lead to 31-20. We then drove the field and Al Summers broke into the endzone and Clay Davis scored the 2 point conversion. We then got the ball back on a pick and Henson ran into the end zone to take the lead 35-31. The colts got as close as the 9 yard line but could not finish the game with a score.

DeAndre Henson went 19/30 for 291 yards with 2 TDs and a pick and ran 12 times for 36 yards and a TD. Patrick Rodgers ran 13 times for 43 yards. Clay Davis caught 5 of 11 targets for 98 yards and a TD.

Tommy Criswell made 10 tackles. Conner Raymond had 2 sacks and a forced fumble, Justin Aleman had one and a recovery, and Dashawn Mallow and Butch Bullock split one. Jace Glenn made a pick and Kevin Carmelit forced a fumble.

Erik Foerstel made both FG tries.
Old 02-17-2018, 09:07 AM   #87
kcarr
High School JV

Week 13 vs Los Angelas:

Facing a pretty weak Rams team after they made a FG to start the game but we came out with a TD to Kinney right away. The Rams came right back with a FG to cut the lead to 1. We added a FG right before and right after the half and both offenses slowed from there punting back and forth and we won 13-6.

DeAndre Henson went 15/24 for 117 yards and a TD and ran 7 times for 25 yards. Monty Scott ran 6 times for 29 yards. Gabe DeLamielleure caught 2 passes for 28 yards.

Braden Burnett racked up 17 tackles and Joseph McCrary had 16 and forced a fumble. Taylor Cates had 2 sacks and Conner Raymond had 1. Jeff Stacell had a pick. Justin Aleman recovered a fumble.

Erik Foerstel made both FGs.

Last edited by kcarr : 02-17-2018 at 09:07 AM.
Old 02-17-2018, 12:35 PM   #88
kcarr
High School JV

Week 14 vs Houston:

We came out of the gates firing in this one scoring 21 unanswered with an Al summers TD run, and Amos Perkins 24 yard TD grab, and a DeAndre Henson TD run. They got a FG but we added one at the end of the half. They finally broke into the end zone with a 20 yard TD throw and then took away a Patrick Rodgers fumble and added a FG to cut the lead to 24-17. We got a FG to push it back to 2 scores but then they broke a huge TD run of 92 yards. Our defense then shut them down for the 4th quarter while we made 3 FGs to win 36-20.

DeAndre Henson went 19/26 for 277 yards and a TD and ran 13 times for 76 yards and a score. He did fumble but he recovered it. Al Summers ran 7 times for 45 yards and a TD while Patrick Rodgers ran 12 times for 40 yards but lost a fumble. Clay Davis caught 10 of 14 passes for 171 yards.

Braden Burnett made 7 tackles and a sack. Dashawn Mallow and Taylor Cates split one and Mallow also forced a fumble. Jace Glenn made a pick.

Erik Foerstel made 5/6 FGs missing his one 50 yard attempt.

Jeff Stacell dislocated his knee and will miss the rest of the season. Frank Lehan strained his back and will miss a couple weeks.
Old 02-17-2018, 12:51 PM   #89
kcarr
High School JV

Week 15 vs Chicago:

With a chance to lock up a playoff spot and facing a Chicago team that was 0-4 in the division both teams came out with defenses ready to play and held the game scoreless through the 1st quarter. We did get a FG early in the 2nd but then they got a couple of them back to back to take a 6-3 lead. After the 2nd FG though Clay Davis made his impact with a 94 yard kick return and we took a 10-6 lead into the half. We then added a pair of Gabe DeLamielleure TDs and another score on a Patrick Rodgers run. The Bears did get a FG during that stretch and after our last TD Randall Cobb returned the kickoff for a TD but we were able to run out the clock and won 31-16.

DeAndre Henson went 13/34 for 128 yards and 2 TD and ran 13 times for 69 yards. Patrick Rodgers ran 15 times for 74 yards and a TD, Gabe DeLamielleure caught 6 of 8 targets for 56 yards and 2 TDs and Clay Davis caught 4 of 7 for 57 yards.

Conner Raymond and Dashawn Mallow each had 8 tackles and a sack.

Erik Foerstel made 1 of 3 FGs, 1 of 2 over 40 yards.

Joseph McCrary strained a calf and will miss a game. Taylor Cates strained his Patellar Tendon and will miss a couple.
Old 02-17-2018, 01:12 PM   #90
kcarr
High School JV

Week 16 vs Tennessee:

With a first round bye guaranteed and a chance to solidify the 1st seed and home field throughout. We came out well scoring first with a FG but then the Titans took control with a TD pass at the end of the 1st and then 2 plays later a pick six to go up 14-3. We then got a FG with 33 seconds left in the half thinking we would only be down one score going into the half. The Titans came out firing though and scored right at the buzzer to push it to 17-6. We did get a Clay Davis TD catch in the 3rd but otherwise the defenses held strong and the Titans won 17-13.

DeAndre Henson went 19/40 for 196 yards with a TD and 2 picks and ran 14 times for 97 yards. Patrick Rodgers ran 11 times for 5 yards. Clay Davis caught just 6 of 18 targets for 82 yards and a TD.

Conner Raymond had 6 tackles and a sack. Amir Baglienm Julian Cutting, and Justin Aleman each forced a fumble and Jace Glenn recovered one.

Erik Foerstel went 2 for 4 and 1 for 3 beyond 40 yards.

Backup center Cooper Vergara strained his deltoid and will miss a couple games.
Old 02-17-2018, 01:20 PM   #91
kcarr
High School JV

Week 17 at Green Bay:

Still needing a win to ensure a 1st round bye we are facing a weak Green Bay team. We took control early scoring the first 16 points of the game on a Gabe DeLamielleure TD and then 3 straight FGs. Weeden did toss a TD pass in the 3rd but 2 more FGs kept us solidly ahead. An end of game score cut it to 22-14 but they never really challenged for the lead.

DeAndre Henson went 21/33 for 197 yards and a TD and ran 9 times for 29 yards. Al Summers ran 4 times for 42 yards. Clay Davis caught 8 of 12 targets for 68 yards.

Jace Glenn made 8 tackles. Charlie Cooley and Clarence Boone each had a sack and Amir Baglien, Conner Raymond, Dashawn Mallow, and Justin Aleman each had .5. Baglien also forced 2 fumbles and had a pick and Justin Aleman and recent signing AJ Renfrow each had a pick.

Erik Foerstel made all 5 FGs including a 50 yard try.

Top corner Tommy Criswell hyperextended his elbow and will likely miss at least the first playoff game though we do have a bye week so there is a chance.

Last edited by kcarr : 02-17-2018 at 01:21 PM.
Old 02-17-2018, 01:35 PM   #92
kcarr
High School JV

Divisional Round vs San Francisco:

Facing a 49er team which won just 6 games in the regular season but won their division we were riding high as not only was Tommy Criswell able to play Taylor Cates also returned from injury. The 49ers scored on their opening drive but that was as far as they got. We scored 30 unanswered points before the half including 3 TD throws by Henson and a TD run by WR Owen Horton. The 49ers scored again early in the 3rd but we rolled on to a 40-6 win. It got so out of control we turned over the 2nd half to backup QB Ethan Bernard.

DeAndre Henson went 15/23 for 234 yards and 3 RDsand ran 3 times for 13 yards. Patrick Rodgers ran 17 times for 75 yards. Tyrus Kinney caught 6 of 10 targets for 118 yards and a TD and Clay Davis caught 6 of 16 for 89 and a TD.

Braden Burnett, Taylor Cates, Jace Genn, and Dashawn Mallow each had 6 tackles. Mallow and Justin Aleman each had a sack and Kevin Carmelite and Butch Bullock split one. Glenn had 2 picks and Conner Raymond and Amir Baglien each had one. Raymond also forced a fumble and Carmelite recovered it.

Erik Foerstel made 2 of 3 kicks including 1 of 2 beyond 50 yards.
Old 02-17-2018, 01:43 PM   #93
kcarr
High School JV

Conference Championship vs Philadelphia:

The game starter off slow with us getting a FG and then the Eagles getting a pair of them before we took control with an Amir Baglien pick six and then right after that a Tommy Criswell pick six. Each team then added a FG in the final minute of the first half and we led 19-9. Early in the 3rd Clay Davis got into the endzone but Wentz led a drive to get the Eagles a TD as well. We then responded with another TD drive and added a FG early in the 4th to go up 36-16. The Eagles did take advantage of our defense going a little sort and Wentz hit Dorial Green-Beckham for 2 TDs in the final 3 minutes but we were able to hold on and win 36-30.

DeAndre Henson went 17/31 for 306 yards and 2 TDs and ran 7 times for 28 yards but lost a fumble. Patrick Rodgers ran 11 times for 23 yards. Clay Davis caught 9 of 14 targets for 153 yards and a TD.

Braden Burnett made 15 tackles and a pick. Butch Bullock made a sack and Conner Raymond and Dashawn Mallow split one. Tommy Criswell and Amir Baglien each had a pick six and Baglien also forced a fumble.

Erik Foerstel went 3 for 3.

Jim Fulcher pulled a calf and will likely miss the superbowl.
Old 02-17-2018, 01:51 PM   #94
kcarr
High School JV

Superbowl vs Denver:

Denver, in the superbowl for the second straight year, came ready to play. We took the 1st quarter though with a long drive ending in a Marcos Hoffman TD and then a FG late in the quarter to go up 10-0. That lead held until halftime but right after the half Paxton Lynch got it going with a 44 yard TD throw. Clay Davis came back and got into the end zone to push the lead to 17-7. The Broncos got a pair of FGs to get the score close as we threw a couple picks and couldn't get any offense going. With 3 minutes left Lynch took over at their own 6 yard line after a good punt and put together a 9 play drive ending in a TD throw to win the game 20-17 and win superbowl MVP.

DeAndre Henson went 23/41 for 270 yards with a TD and 2 picks and ran times for 32 yards. Patrick Rodgers ran 10 times for 28 yards. Clay Davis caught 7 of 14 targets for 96 yards and a TD.

Jace Glenn made 7 tackles and Taylor Cates had a sack.

Erik Foerstel made a FG from 42 yards.
Old 02-17-2018, 02:27 PM   #95
kcarr
High School JV

We finally put together a really good season and were very close to going all the way. With by far the youngest team in the league there is nowhere to go but up.

QB: DeAndre Henson went 297 for 491, 60.5% for 3898 yards with 23 TDs and 9 picks with 5 games over 300 yards. He was also the top rushing QB in the league with 729 yards on 144 attempts and 3 TDs and 4 fumbles with 1 recovery.

RB: Patrick Rodgers ran 174 times for 518 yards and 2 TDs and caught 4 passes for 35 yards and fumbled twice but recovered 2 as well.

Monty Scott ran 82 times for 321 yards and TD and had a fumble.

Al Summers ran 68 times for 294 yards and 6 TDs and lost a fumble.

TE: Gabe DeLamielleure caught 47 of 59 targets for 626 yards and 5 TDs.

Amos Perkins caught 29 of 52 passes for 295 and 2 TDs.

WR: Clay Davis caught 104 of 201 targets for 1468 yards and 7 TDs.

Tyrus Kinney caught 47 of 85 targets for 85 yards and 5 TDs.

Owen Horton caught 44 of 51 targets for 406 yards and 2 TDs and ran 12 times for 40 yards and a TD.

Danny Clements caught 13 of 25 targets for 172 and 2 TDs.

OLine: Jim Fulcher made 37 of 106 key blocks with 4 pancakes and 3 sacks.

Gilbert Dodge made 25 of 79 with a pancake and 6 sacks allowed.

Frank Lehan made 14 of 53 and allowed 4 sacks.

Wally Straub made 14 of 50 with a pancake and 6 sacks allowed.

Wayne McIntyre made 11 of 33 and allowed 3 sacks in 10 games.

Edwin Ramirez made 3 of 23 and allowed 2 sacks in 6 starts.

DLine: Dashawn Mallow totalled 76 tackles with 9.5 sacks, 8 blocks defeated, 14 hurries, 11 knockdowns, 1 pass defensed, and 4 forced fumbles.

Conner Raymond only played 12 games but made 56 tackles, 10 sacks, 2 blocks defeated, 19 hurries, 29 knockdowns, and forced 2 fumbles.

Rookie DE Butch Bullock made 44 tackles, 4 sacks, 1 block defeated, 10 hurries, and 1 pass defensed.

Charlie Cooley got 4 starts and made 16 tackles, 1.5 sacks, and 2 hurries.

Clarence Boone only played rotationally and only made 7 tackles but had 1.5 sacks, 16 hurries, 9 knockdowns, and a forced fumble.

Tyrone Kelly only played 5 games but made 12 tackles, 2 sacks, 2 blocks defeated, 6 hurries, 1 knockdown, 1 pass defensed, and a recovery.

LB: Braden Burnett made 146 tackles, 2 sacks, 1 hurry, 10 passes defensed and a forced fumble.

Justin Aleman made 83 tackles, 6 sacks, 1 hurry, 1 knockdown, 4 picks with 1 TD, 6 passes defensed, 1 forced fumble, and 3 recoveries.

Taylor Cates missed some games, only playing 13, but made 67 tackles, 7 sacks, 1 block defeated, 4 hurries, 12 knockdowns, 2 passes defensed, and a forced fumble.

Kevin Carmelite made 53 tackles, 1 hurry, 2 passes defensed, a pick six and 2 forced fumbles.

Adrian Arteaga made 16 tackles, 1 block defeated, and 1 knockdown

CB: Tommy Criswell made 78 tackles, .5 sacks, 1 block defeated, 1 hurry, 6 passes defensed, 1 pick, and a forced fumble.

Stan Howe made 41 tackles, 2 hurries, and 6 passes defensed.

Jeff Stacell made 28 tackles, 4 passes defensed, and 2 picks.

Amir Baglien only played 9 games and made 31 tackles, .5 sacks, 1 pass defensed, just 1 pick after 9 last year, but 5 forced fumbles.

Julian Cuting played 11 games and made 9 tackles, .5 sacks, 2 hurries, 1 pass defensed, 1 pick, and a forced fumble.

S: Jace Glenn made 90 tackles, 7 passes defensed, 4 picks, 1 for a TD, and a fumble recovery.

Joseph McCrary made 102 tackles, 8 passes defensed, and a forced fumble.

Josiah Troupe made 27 tackles, 1 block defeated, and 4 passes defensed.

Returners: Rusty Cooper returned 23 punts for 128 yards, 5.6 per.

Amir Baglien only returned 9 but for 72 yards, 8 per.

Clay Davis returned 32 kicks for 910 yards, 28.4 per and a TD.

Kicking: Rookie UDFA Erik Foerstel made 38/47 FGs, slightly worse than Alcott did last year, but beat his percentages from range hitting 16/24 from 40+ and 6 of 10 from 50+. Also, his 39 of 40 xps was better.

Punting: Dominic Howard punted 81 times for 3416 yards, 42.2 per, and netted 36.7
Old 02-17-2018, 03:07 PM   #96
kcarr
High School JV

Conner Raymond was a 1st team all league player again.

Dwayne Cash, our head coach, won coach of the year.
Old 02-17-2018, 04:10 PM   #97
kcarr
High School JV

No changes were made during the staff draft.

Going into the draft with the 2nd overall pick and coming off such a good season we don't have a lot of needs. We could really use another RB and with Justin Aleman still not improving we may need another LB.

At 1.02 I didn't see anything spectacular so I moved down a few spots to 1.06 receiving Tennessee's 1st and 2nd round picks next year for doing so.

At 1.06 I went with OLB Ronald Schroeder 54/73, who is a very athletic LB who will look to be either a replacement for Justin Aleman who looks to have a ton of potential but has not been improving or he will fill in the middle where he could be an elite LB.

Seeing nothing I really liked at 1.31 I traded the pick and my 5.02 for Green Bay's first pick next year.

At 2.31 I went ahead and took a shot at the fastest LB in the class, Amari Payton 19/58, who looks like a great fit as a WLB in a 3-4 as a pure rusher.

At 4.31 I took center BJ Reeves 21/77, one of the few players I had marked for the later rounds of this draft, who looks like he could be a long term answer in the middle of the line.

At 5.31 I stuck with taking shots at LBs as that is all I saw of value going with Otis Dawson 27/53, from Wake Forrest who is a pretty good pass rusher and very good in coverage.

At 6.31 we went with QB Brad Coleman 1/39, from BYU who has the intelligence to be a solid backup QB.

At 7.31 we took FB Jamal Manubay 23/54 who looks like a solid lead blocker and our first draft pick spent on the position.
Old 02-17-2018, 04:26 PM   #98
kcarr
High School JV

Taylor Cates was holding out and was given a new contract of 29 million dollars over 3 years.
Old 02-17-2018, 11:39 PM   #99
kcarr
High School JV

Entering the season we had to make some other resignings.

DE The big one was Dashawn Mallow who we signed for 5 years for 41 million.

TE Gabe DeLamielleure made a 4 year deal for 20 million.

LB Avery Lymburn signed for 2 years for 4 million.
Old 02-18-2018, 12:16 AM   #100
kcarr
High School JV

Going into our 5th season we will not be happy with anything less than a superbowl. We have one of the strongest rosters in the league, made it to the bowl last year, and should return this year.

QB: DeAndre Henson 70, is currently considered the 5th best QB in the league. He is coming off another good season and should lead all QBs in rushing and be among the better passers.

Randal Ratan 17/46, will be the 2nd stringer and hopefully won't play meaningful snaps. Rookie Brad Coleman 5/36, showed decently as a 3rd stringer in the preseason.

RB: Patrick Rodgers 37, is the most well rounded back on the team. Monty Scott 40/44, is a very talented back who just doesnt have the endurance to play many snaps. Al Summer 31/37, is a big play home run threat. Rookie Edward Ciscone 31/39, will hold a roster spot but needs to find a nitch.

FB: Jamal Manubay 27/52, is a very strong run blocker.

TE: Gabe DeLamielluere 43, has been a solid red zone target the past couple years. Colin Robbins 33/49 is a very good route runner who can make plays on 3rd downs. Kendrick Flynn 16/35, is a UDFA could get some snaps and is a decent possession guy.

WR: Clay Davis 83, is solidly the best WR in the league. Owen Horton 65, is a good possession guy and should see weaker coverage opposite Davis. Danny Clements 54, is just a big play guy. Rusty Cooper 53, and Tyrus Kinney 50, are both solid options as well.

C: RJ Reeves 29/73, looks like a long term stud at center. Frank Lehan 45, has been solid for years and will get the start this season but likely has very little time left here.

LG: Jim Fulcher 72, is the 6th best guard in the league and should be a very good starter.

RG: Wayne McIntyre 62, is the 18th best guard in the league and a very good run blocker. Edwin Ramirez 36/53 is a capable backup.

LT: Gilbert Dodge 53, is a capable tackle but not great. Shaun Webb 17/45 can fill in if needed.

RT: Wally Straub 51/57 is a decent RT. Roberto Cortez 17/46 will get some chances.

P: Dominic Howard 48, has been okay for years.

K: Erik Foerstel 63, is the 10th best kicker in the league.

LDE: Dashawn Mallow 70, is the 15th best 3-4 DE and the 9th best actually playing DE. Tyrone Kelly 54, is a capable rotation guy.

RDE: Butch Bullock 47/71, is a capable end who could become a top 10 guy at the position. Clarence Boone 47, is a specialized group but a great finesse rusher.

NT: Conner Raymond 81, is the best NT in the league. Charlie Cooley 45, is a solid backup and was good when forced into action last year.

SILB: Kevin Carmelite 43/48, was solid in the role last year. Otis Dawson 31/47, is a capable rookie who should get some snaps. Justin Aleman 38/83, however is going to get a shot here too as a last chance for him.

WILB: Braden Burnett 51, has led the team in tackles the past couple years. Harold Parnell 36/46 has flashed some as well.

SLB: Ronald Schroeder 60/66 comes in looking to make an impact right away and is a very well rounded defender. Avery Lymburn 48/57 is a solid pass rusher. Rex Griffin 22/44, has a chance to stick with the team a while.

WLB: Taylor Cates 46, is a pure edge rusher. Amari Payton is another LB with blitzing skills.

CB: Tommy Criswell 67, and Amir Baglien 66, are a pair of very good corners, ranked 12th and 14th in the league. Stan Howe 33 has been a solid nickle player though Chandler Dann 35/43 may challenge for the spot. Julian Cutting 19/48 will back them up.

SS: Jace Glenn 60/71 is already he 13th best safety in the league. Joseph McCrary 40, played out of position at FS last year but likely wont get even that chance this year.

FS: Kris Baker 38/57, got hurt early last year but should get another chance. Josiah Troupe 39, has started at times and done okay.

LS: Reginald Olechowski 12, is a good enough LS