Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-07-2019, 09:41 PM   #1
Wudu2
n00b

Looking for NFL player data

I'm currently working on a project that will hopefully benefit the modding communities of not just FOF, but the whole Pro Football simming universe. Well, it's less one project and more 20,000 little ones. I'm trying to collect the name, nickname, jersey number, draft year, positions, height, weight, birthday, college and hometown of every player who has played in the NFL, CFL, USFL, WLAF, NFLE, XFL, and AAF. Maybe the Arena leagues, too. Then I'll have it all in one spreadsheet so that anyone using it to build a historical roster can be assured that every player is in their correct draftable year (Kurt Warner in 1994, not 1998), no player is duplicated because you're using multiple source files, and with the inclusion of the minor pro leagues, you'll have enough real players to obsolete the need for fictional players named D'Brickashaw Polamalu. That last item I hope will help when eventually we get an FOF that allows more than 32 teams.

All told, pretty daunting task. For players from 1983-2019, I'm at about 92% completion. But like a bad sitcom dad, I'm missing a lot of birthdays. Birthdays and hometowns are the big hangups. Especially among the new 2019 players. I've been all over Wikipedia, Pro Football Reference, Pro Football Archive, Statscrew and am working through individual records on college roster websites, but not all the data is there. Anyone know anywhere else to find this info?

Wudu2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2019, 12:11 AM   #2
DavidCorperial
High School Varsity

Looks like NFL.com has a lot of that information themselves, try this link National Football League: NFL Draft History - by Team

Last edited by DavidCorperial : 05-08-2019 at 12:11 AM.
DavidCorperial is offline   Reply With Quote