Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-14-2005, 11:42 PM   #51
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

2 minute mark: Yakubu gets away with a warning despite holding Cook's jersey.

4 minue mark: Fletcher passes to Rooney in the box.. he shoots.. the keeper blocks it.

6 minute mark: Fletcher gets a yellow card for pushing Yakubu.

11 minute mark: Rooney picks up a minor injury after being tripped by Ben Arfa.

12 minute mark: Fletcher passes to Adriano in the box.. hard shot.. the keeper blocks it. Schreurs with the rebound.. he shoots.. the keeper blocks it.

27 minute mark: Grygera with a very good defensive play.

40 minute mark: Downing passes to Adriano in the left half of the box.. he fakes right... dribbles left.. shoots.. lower left corner.. the keeper dives.. it's past Kirkland! GOAL!!!! 1-0.

Halftime: 1-0 lead for us. They have over 61,000 fans here today.

47 minute mark: Their defender collides with Adriano.. Adriano is hurt.. he has to come off the pitch. I put King on for him.

51 minute mark: Fletcher bodychecks Cisse.. Cisse is hurt and has to come off the pitch.

54 minute mark: Gerrard passes to Clichy who passes ot Ben Arfa in the box.. he shoots.. lower left corner.. GOAL. 1-1 tie.

60 minute mark: Ben Arfa passes to D'Alessandro in the middle of the box.. I'm fortunate as the shot sails wide right.

71 minute mark: Cook steals it at midfield.. passes it 15 yards up the pitch to Rooney.. he shoots from 30 yards out.. curving power shot.. upper right corner.. GOAL!!!! 2-1.

75 minute mark: Alfonso on for Downing and Marchetti on for Schmidt who is tired.

77 minute mark: Lucio gets a yellow card for a trip on Yakubu.

80 minute mark: Ben Arfa crosses to Yakubu by the far post.. he heads it.. great save by Howard.

87 minute mark: Lucio with a series of great defensive plays on Yakubu.

91 minute mark: Alfonso passes to Rooney in the left wing.. he draws two defenders over.. passes to King in the middle of the box.. he shoots.. wide left.

92 minute mark: Ferdinand gets a yellow card for tripping Yakubu outside the box. I breath a sigh of relief as the free kick sails just over the bar.

Game over! Important 2-1 win for us on the road!

They outshot us 21-11 (9-8 on target in our favor)

Howard wins MoM for his 7 saves. He has a 10 for form.

Downing had a 9 for form as did Rooney.

Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2005, 12:04 AM   #52
finkenst
College Benchwarmer

other than it being strange seeing your lineup with so many familiar names (Adriano (different from yours), Wayne Rooney, Duff, Downing, others), congrats on the HOF.

Alright, question of the day:

You are coming off the Treble (FA CUP, CL, EPL). You have Joaquin (AM R) and Steven Taylor (D R) coming in to give some more options out there where you're short in numbers, period...

then along comes:

do you take the job?

Last edited by finkenst : 05-15-2005 at 12:04 AM.
finkenst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2005, 12:17 AM   #53
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Depends. Do you have Portugal as an active nation or a retain nation? Do you really want to manage any national team or do you have ideal teams you are waiting for? Since you just came off the Treble, you probably have a good chance of getting your dream job in the near future when it opens.
Old 05-15-2005, 09:31 AM   #54
finkenst
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27
Depends. Do you have Portugal as an active nation or a retain nation? Do you really want to manage any national team or do you have ideal teams you are waiting for? Since you just came off the Treble, you probably have a good chance of getting your dream job in the near future when it opens.

that's a very good point.. I can't remember who i have set as retain, but it should be similar to your setup as I recall this is the game i started off of your recommendaitons.

i'll have to check my setup and get back to you.
Old 05-15-2005, 03:31 PM   #55
finkenst
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by finkenst
that's a very good point.. I can't remember who i have set as retain, but it should be similar to your setup as I recall this is the game i started off of your recommendaitons.

i'll have to check my setup and get back to you.
Dola,

well, checking back through PM's:

Quote:
Originally Posted by EaglesFan27
All of England (Down to English Conference North/South), Top Division in Italy, Top Division in Spain, Top Division in France, and Top Division in Germany. I run on medium database and only retain a few countries (USA, Brazil, and Iceland)

I may have another country or two in the retain list...

Anyway, here's one of my dream jobs :

i think i'm going to accept this one.
Old 05-15-2005, 04:15 PM   #56
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

That is what I'm talking about. Congrats
Old 05-15-2005, 10:26 PM   #57
finkenst
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
That is what I'm talking about. Congrats

I'm pumped! An American in England managing the Brazil National Team!

There's a heck of a lot of brazilian talent.. It's insane.. I got about 70 messages from my scout going around brazil... some of it hasn't panned out.
Old 05-16-2005, 10:36 PM   #58
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Post Match Info:

Wayne Rooney and Adriano both suffered damaged shoulders this match. They are both out for about 5 days.

Aston Villa have opened their check book and spent 11 million dollars on Portuguese fullback Joao Dias from Southampton.
Old 05-16-2005, 10:41 PM   #59
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Aug 20, 2013 -

Brescia's Diego has signed a new 3 year deal for 14 million dollars.

Howard and Rooney were both selected to the EPL Team of the Week.

Wes Brown injured his knee yesterday and will miss about a week.
Old 05-16-2005, 10:49 PM   #60
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Aug 20, 2013 -

Today we host Birmingham in an EPL Match. Birmingham has a good team led by strikers Dmitry Sychev and Robin van Persie who is playing striker for them now. Centrebacks Matthew Upson and Martin Taylor are playing well. Their top keeper, Jose Moreira, is injured and will not be able to play in this game. Eusebiusz Smolarek has played well in the midfield this year despite turning 32.

We are 4-6 favorites.

It's raining with temperatures in the 40's today.

GK: Howard
DL: Schmidt
DC: Salva
DC: Marchetti
DR: Grygera
ML: Downing
MC: Parker
MC: Djemba
MR: ortega
SC: McFadden
SC: King

S1: Taylor
S2: Cahais
S3: Alfonso
S4: Smith
S5: Godoy
Old 05-16-2005, 11:04 PM   #61
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

5 minute mark: McFadden steals it at midfield.. dribbles past a defender.. another defender comes over.. McFadden with a wonderful cross.. to King in the box.. he is alone with the keeper.. he shoots.. upper left corner.. GOAL!!!! 1-0.

15 minute mark: Ortega steals it at midfield.. passes to it to McFAdden in the box.. he is whistled for being offside.

17 minute mark: Parker steals it.. passes to McFadden.. he dribbles between two defenders.. into the box.. shoots.. lower left corner.. GOAL!!!!! 2-0.

31 minute mark: Meyer passes to van Persie in the box.. he shoots... upper right corner.. Howard dives.. blocks it.

Halftime: 2-0 lead for us. We have over 74,000 fans here today.

47 minute mark: van Persie passes to Scott Parker in the box.. he shoots.. Howard blocks it.. very nice save.

60 minute mark: Schmidt throws it into King.. King heads it back to Schmidt just outside the box.. he shoots.. strong curving shot.. upper right corner.. GOAL!!!! 3-0! Schmidt's first goal for us ever! He is going to be a very special left fullback.

64 minute mark: Schmidt steals the ball.. passes to McFadden at midpitch.. he passes it to King with a perfect pass into the box.. King settles it.. shoots.. upper right corner.... GOAL!!!!! 4-0! That is King's second of the game!

Alfonso on for Downing, and Cahais on for Marchetti.

Game over. 4-0 win for us.

We outshot them 13-4 (9-2 on target)

McFadden wins MoM, 10 for form, 16 of 23 passes, 1 of 3 tackles, 1 of 7 headers, 10 runs, 3 fouls drawn, 1 assist, and 1 goal.
Old 05-16-2005, 11:14 PM   #62
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Aug 21, 2013 -

The Champions League has been drawn and we will be in Group E along with Lazio, Trabzonspor, and Club Brugge.

We've been given 4.8 million dollars for participating in this phase of the Champions League.
Old 05-16-2005, 11:21 PM   #63
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Aug 22, 2013 -

Arsenal have signed 22 year old French midfielder Mathieu Fernandes from Torino for only 8.6 million dollars. He is a promising looking midfielder, and they pulled off a steal here.

Torino fans are said to be VERY upset with the boss for selling their top young player.
Old 05-16-2005, 11:26 PM   #64
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Aug 23, 2013 -

Today we play Bordeaux in the European Super Cup. They are a very talented team led by star strikers Johan Vonlanthen and Ivica Olic. They have a good midfielder in Antonio Rio Mavuba. Left back Marco Padalino is a strong powerful player. Centreback Dominique Rodriguez is a very good position defender. Diego is an excellent Brazilian keeper (are there two Brazilian "Diego" keepers?)

We are even odd favorites.

It's raining with temperatures in the high 40's.

DC: Lucio
DC: Ferdinand
MC: Fletcher
MC: Cook
MR: Schreurs
SC: Smith

S2: Marchetti
S4: Stevanovic
S5: Ortega
S6: Godoy
S7: Salva
Old 05-16-2005, 11:41 PM   #65
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

3 minute mark: Vonlanthen passes to Rodrigo in the middle of the pitch just outside the box.. he blasts a shot.. upper left corner.. Howard dives.. it is past him. GOAL. Down 1-0.

8 minute mark: Downing takes a corner kick.. to the near post.. King heads it.. upper left corner.. GOAL!!!! 1-1!

16 minute mark: King does something I've never seen.. gets it at midfield and starts outrunning players! He runs around one defender.. past another.. shoots.. lower right corner.. GOAL!!!! 2-1! King has never had that type of footspeed.. wow!

30 minute mark: Flurry of smooth passes to work the ball down the pitch ends with Cook passing to King in the right side of the box.. he shoots.. solid save by the keeper.

Halftime: 2-1 lead for us.

64 minute mark: Ortega on for Schreurs and Alfonso on for Downing.

70 minute mark: Schmidt with a key defensive play.

75 minute mark: Howard with an excellent save of a 20 yard blast.

Godoy on for King! (I'm gong to see what Godoy can do as an occasional striker.)

81 minute mark: Cook passes to Smith who heads it to Godoy's feet.. he shoots.. lower left corner.. GOAL!!!! 3-1! I knew Godoy had a good talent set to play striker!

Game over. 3-1 Win!

They outshot us 11-7 (6-4 on target)

Downing wins MoM, 9 for form, 18 of 20 passes, 2 of 5 tackles, 2 of 7 headers, 2 interceptions, 10 runs, 2 fouls drawn, and 1 assist. Downing is getting good form ratings, but I don't feel he is as dominant as he was in past seasons.
Old 05-16-2005, 11:43 PM   #66
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Aug 23, 2013 -

Bolton have signed 21 year old striker David Jurcik from Liverpool for 4 million dollars. This kid seems to have potential, and he might do well now that Bolton is going to give him PT.
Old 05-17-2005, 12:07 AM   #67
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Aug 25, 2013 -

My scout has identfied a young Brazilian striker who he believes could have an amazing career. I decide to make an offer of 1 million for this young 16 year old, but it is likely that he will not be able to come to our organization due to WP issues.

I need to select my English Squad for the upcoming WC matches.

Marseille have signed Mauro Di Mauro away from Everton for 22 million dollars. This striker was a key to Everton's successful season last year and I think this was a foolsh sale.

Marseille's Ahmed Yahiaoui is delighted with the acquisition of Di Mauro.
Old 05-17-2005, 12:12 AM   #68
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Aug 26, 2013 -

Grygera and McFadden were both selected to the EPL Team of the Week.

Newcastle have made an offer of 8 million dollars for Mickael Schmidt. That is insane. I wouldn't give him up for 4 times that amount.

Cruzeiro have rejected my 1 million dollar bid for Helio Dias. I decide to counter with a 2 million dollar offer.
Old 05-17-2005, 12:22 AM   #69
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Aug 27, 2013 -

Gabriele Marchetti has been called up to Italy's U21 International Team for a match on Aug 30, 2013.

Cruzeiro has agreed to sell Helio Dias for 3.3 million plus 45% of next sale. I agree to their terms, but realize that WP issues will probably cost us this deal.
Old 05-17-2005, 12:34 AM   #70
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Aug 28, 2013 -

Gabriele Marchetti injured his calf in practice yesterday, and he will miss about 2 weeks.

Today we travel to play Middlesbrough in an EPL Match. They are currently 17th in the EPL, while we are in 4th, but we are behind the top 3 teams in number of matches played. Middlesbrough has an average team led by striker Porcellis who is their most dangerous scorer. Thorben Marx is a veteran midfielder they added this year who has added a toughness to this squad. Right winger Trond Fredrik Ludvigsen was added from Norway and he is a skilled right winger. Their keeper, Jan Lastuvka, can be dominating at times. Richard Duff will likely be overmatched at centreback.

We are 4-6 favorites.

It's very windy with temperatures in the high 40's.

DR: O'Shea
SC: Rooney
SC: Adriano

S2: Ferdinand
S3: Godoy
S4: King
S5: Grygera
Old 05-17-2005, 12:46 AM   #71
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

9 minute mark: 20 yard strike from Acosta.. Howard saves it.

17 minute mark: Schmidt with a good defensive play.

20 minute mark: Paul Constantin Codrea body checks Fletcher hard.. Red Card for Codrea! He is out of here.

30 minute mark: Schreurs fakes out 3 defenders.. crosses it long.. Rooney heads it.. into the crossbar.

Halftime: 0-0 tie. Very disappointing. They have over 35,000 fans here today.

Downing is being contained by their defense.

75 minute mark: Godoy on for Schreurs and King on for Adriano.

87 minute mark: Godoy crosses.. far post.. Rooney heads it.. the keeper pushes it over the bar.

Game over. Very disappointing 0-0 tie. Not much effort by our guys tonight.

We each had 5 shots. We had 2 shots on target, they had 1.

Leon Andreasen, their centreback, won MoM, 8 for form, 20 of 29 passes, 1 of 2 tackles, 8 of 8 headers, 3 interceptions.
Old 05-17-2005, 01:01 AM   #72
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Aug 30, 2013 -

Southampton have signed Manchester City's Belgian Defender Jelle Van Damme for a fee of 8.5 million dollars.

Fulham have signed Dortmund's Spanish Attacking Midfielder Joaquin for 7.4 million dollars.

Newcastle have paid 15 million dollars to sign Roma's 21 year old Brazilian defender Luis Carlos. According to my scout's notes, I think they severely overpaid.

My young Brazilian striker has accepted my contract offer. I just have to hope I somehow get a WP for this very talented young striker.
Old 05-17-2005, 07:15 PM   #73
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Aug 30, 2013 -

Today I coach England's U21 team against Andorra in the European U21 Championship qualifying match. Today we are playing at Andorra and we are expected to win by a large margin.

GK: Jon Hooper
DL: Paul Anderson
DC: Charlie Wilson
DC: Robert Morris
DR: Craig Knight
ML: Jason Parsons
MC: Jamie Cook
MC: Michael Wood
MR: Paul Kelly (the last three are all my guys)
SC: Gary Moore (Worthington has been called up to the big squad)
SC: Rob Morgan

S1: Gary Baker
S2: Paul White
S3: David Evans
S4: John Mills
S5: Lee Roberts
S6: Paul Taylor
S7: Bob Wright (my guy)
Old 05-17-2005, 07:31 PM   #74
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

3 minute mark: Knight crosses to Moore in the box.. he heads it.. the keeper catches the header.. bobbles it.. into the net! Own Goal! 1-0 us.

11 minute mark: Kelly unleashes a beautiful pass from midpitch.. into the box.. perfect.. right to Moore's feet.. he fakes out the keeper.. shoots.. lower right corner.. GOAL!!!! 2-0.

34 minute mark: Morgan steals it at midfield.. passes it to Moore in the box.. he shoots.. the keeper blocks it.. the rebound sails to Morgan and he hits it on the half-volley into the open right side of the net! GOAL!!!! 3-0.

Halftime: 3-0 lead for us.

60 minute mark: Peter Taylor on for Cook and Bob Wright on for Moore.

Game over. 3-0 win for us.

We outshot them 15-1 (5-0 on target)

Paul Kelly won MoM, 10 for form, 27 of 36 passes, 4 of 4 tackles, 1 of 3 headers, 2 interceptions, 3 runs, 4 fouls drawn, and 1 assist.
Old 05-17-2005, 07:49 PM   #75
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Aug 31, 2013 -

We aren't going to get our young Brazilian striker due to the impending end of the trade window.

Tim Howard helped lead the USA to a 4-0 win over El Salvador in their World Cup Qualifying match today.
Old 05-17-2005, 07:52 PM   #76
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Aug 31, 2013 -

Today we travel to play Andorra in the World Cup Qualifying Match. We are expected to beat them by a wide margin.

GK: Paul Robinson
DL: Ashley Cole
DC: Rio Ferdinand
DC: Ben Bennett
DR: Wes Brown
ML: Stewart Downing
MC: Jermaine Jenas
MC: David Prutton
MR: Christopher Eagles
SC: Wayne Rooney
SC: Jermain Defoe

S1: Chris Taylor
S2: Craig King
S3: Luke Moore
S4: Steven Gerrard
S5: Ledley King
S6: Joe Cole
S7: Shaun Wright-Phillips
Old 05-17-2005, 08:22 PM   #77
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

14 minute mark: Downing crosses it to the far post.. Prutton heads it.. over the bar.

16 minute mark: Downing passes to Rooney in the left side of the box.. he shoots.. over the bar.

20 minute mark: Eagles takes a free kick from outside the box, about 25 yards out.. he shoots.. curves around the wall.. into the upper right corner.. GOAL!!!! 1-0.

35 minute mark: Eagles crosses it to the near post.. Defoe heads it.. into the upper right corner.. GOAL!!!! 2-0.

44 minute mark: Prutton passes it to Rooney in the middle of the box.. he blasts a shot into the upper left corner.. no chance for the keeper. GOAL!!!! 3-0.

Halftime: 3-0 lead.

I'm going to rest Rooney with the match firmly in hand. I'm putting Craig King onto the pitch.

60 minute mark: Joe Cole on for Downing. Ledley King on for Wes Brown.

87 minute mark: Joe Cole passes to Craig King in the left side of the box.. he shoots.. powerful wicked curving shot.. upper right corner.. GOAL!!!! 4-0! King is really coming alive!

Game over. 4-0 win for us.

We outshot them 15-0 (7-0 on target)

Eagles wins MoM, 9 for form, 15 of 20 passes, 3 of 3 tackles, 0 of 6 headers, 3 interceptions, 8 runs, 2 fouls drawn, and 1 goal.
Old 05-17-2005, 08:29 PM   #78
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Post Match Info:

Rio Ferdinand injured his shoulder and will miss about 5 days, and therefore will have to be removed from the English Squad.

I call up Wayne Dunn.

The fans are very pleased with this win.

In other international news:

James McFadden and Darren Fletcher both played well for Scotland, but Spain beat them 2-0 in their World Cup Qualifying match.

John O'Shea played well and scored a goal in Ireland's 6-0 win over San Marino in the World Cup Qualifying match.

Salva played well for Italy in their 2-0 win over Luxembourg in the World Cup Qualifying match.

Michael Schmidt played extremely well for France in their 2-0 win over Macedonia in their WC Qualifying match.

Zdenek Grygera played well for the Czech Republic in their 3-0 win over Armenia in the WC Qualifying match.

Dalibor Stevanovic played well for Slovenia, but they lost to Russia 1-0 in the WC Qualifying match.
Old 05-17-2005, 08:31 PM   #79
finkenst
College Benchwarmer

Hey, EF27,

Do you tend to run the same formation/tactics with the England National Team?

Did you rework the entire roster/tactics with your own choices, so to speak? Just trying for a little guidance here with Brazil.
Old 05-17-2005, 08:33 PM   #80
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

September 1, 2013 -

The board is very pleased with my performance as manager.

Stewart Downing has won the EPL Player of the Month award.

Wayne Rooney came in 2nd, and Lukas Podolski of Arsenal came in 3rd.

Arsenal's Anthony Petit has won the EPL Young Player of the Month.

Mickael Schmidt came in 2nd, and Stephane Dalmat of Aston Villa came in 3rd.

Chelsea's Mane has won the EPL Manager of the Month. Steve Coppell of Fulham came in 2nd, and Victor Munoz of Arsenal came in 3rd.

Wayne Rooney had all three top goals of the month! All 3 of them were from his game against Charlton. I've never seen that happen before.
Old 05-17-2005, 08:34 PM   #81
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by finkenst
Hey, EF27,

Do you tend to run the same formation/tactics with the England National Team?

Did you rework the entire roster/tactics with your own choices, so to speak? Just trying for a little guidance here with Brazil.

I looked at the current national team, and I used value as a rough guideline, and then looked at more specific attributes of the players to decide who to bring up. I only made a few changes. I thought the current talent in England best suited a 4-4-2 or a 3-5-2. Since, I've had recent success with a 4-4-2, I decided to go with it. So far, it has worked out well.
Old 05-17-2005, 08:36 PM   #82
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Sep 2, 2013 -

Carlton Cole has injured his leg in practice and has to be removed from the English National Squad. I decide to call up Owen Hargreaves to replace him.

John O'Shea and Downing were both selected to the EPL Team of the Week.
Old 05-17-2005, 08:55 PM   #83
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Sep 4, 2013 -

Today we host Belarus in a WC Qualifying Match. We are expected the beat them by a good margin today.

GK: Paul Robinson
DL: Gareth Barry
DC: Ledley King
DC: John Terry
DR: Ashley Cole
ML: Stewart Downing
MC: Steven Gerrard
MC: Nigel Reo-Coker
MR: Christopher Eagles
SC: Wayne Rooney
SC: Wayne Worthington

S1: Chris Taylor
S2: Jermaine Jenas
S3: Shaun Wright-Phillips
S4: Luke Moore
S5: Wayne Dunn
S6: Joe Cole
S7: Craig King
Old 05-17-2005, 09:13 PM   #84
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

19 minute mark: Eagles crosses to the near post.. Worthington heads it.. over the bar.

24 minute mark: Eagles takes a corner.. near post.. Worthington heads it.. the keeper blocks it.

Halftime: Disappointing 0-0 first half.

47 minute mark: downing fakes out two defenders.. passes to Gerrard in the middle of the box.. he shoots.. upper left corner.. GOAL!!!! 1-0.

56 minute mark: Eagles with a corner kick.. near post.. Worthington heads it.. over the bar.

57 minute mark: I sit Rooney for Jenas. I also sit Downing for Cole.

69 minute mark: Gerrard passes to Jenas in the box.. he shoots.. upper right corner.. GOAL!!!! 2-0!

75 minute mark: Barry passses to Reo-Coker who heads it to Jenas in the box.. he shoots.. lower left corner.. GOAL!!!! 3-0! Jenas has his second goal.

Game over. 3-0 win for England.

We outshot them 29-0 (19-0 on target)

Christopher Eagles wins MoM, 10 for form, 13 of 17 passes, 1 of 1 tackles, 1 of 3 headers, 2 interceptions, 13 runs, 2 fouls drawn.

Eagles is playing great. I wonder if he is playing especially well because he is upset I traded him.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 05-17-2005 at 09:13 PM.
Old 05-17-2005, 09:19 PM   #85
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Sep 4, 2013 -

The fans seem satisfied with that win - barely.

In other WC Qualifying news:

Dalibor Stevanovic had 2 assists for Slovenia in their 3-0 win over Wales.

John O'shea had an assist for Ireland in their 2-0 win over Bosnia.

Darren Fletcher had 2 assists, and James McFadden had 2 goals in Scotland's 6-0 win over Kazakhstan.

Zdenek Grygera played good defense, but Croatia beat the Czech Republic 2-0.

Tim Howard played well for the USA in their 3-0 win over Trinidad and Tobago.
Old 05-17-2005, 09:42 PM   #86
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Sep 10, 2013 -

The Champions League favorites have been announced.

We are the favorites at 4-1 to win it all. Valencia and Real Madrid both have 5-1 odds to win it all. Chelsea has 10-1 odds to win it. Liverpool and Zaragoza round out the top 6 with 11-1 odds to win it all.

Francesco Guarino has told the media that he expects to be in the first team. This 24 year old right back, never really developed into a starting quality defender. He is crazy if he thinks I'm going to play him in any meaningful matches. I decide to transfer list him.
Old 05-17-2005, 09:49 PM   #87
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Sep 11, 2013 -

Today we host Club Brugge in an Champions League Group Match. Club Brugge has an average team led by midfielders Luciano Sorriso, Flavio, and Jorn Vermeulen. Dinei is a decent striker, but they don't have much firepower. Their defense is shaky and keeper Peter Mollez can be overrun by shots.

We are 4-6 favorites.

It's overcast with temperatures in the 50's.

S2: Ferdinand
S4: Smith
S6: Cook
S7: Ortega
Old 05-17-2005, 10:05 PM   #88
Tellistto
College Prospect

Just out of curiousity, why did you have to miss out on that brazilian kid? The FA should have got back to you on the WP issue before the deadline, and would have again if you'd appealed a decision, or have in my experience with the game, past and present. Having said that, though, I'd never buy a kid who needed a WP unless he's 17, to tie up a 5 year deal and give lots of time for him to develop, though it seems in this game that once granted, they don't seem to lose it. I bought a DL brazilian named Felipo when he was 20 or 21, had 1 U21 cap, and set him in the reserves for a season to develop. Brought him up the next season and haven't had a single issue with his WP, even though he hasn't been called up to the full squad.

Tell

Hattrick - Fizzle United (222968)
Tellistto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2005, 10:06 PM   #89
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

3 minute mark: Schreurs passes to Parker just outside the box.. he shoots.. wide right.

13 minute mark: Schreurs blasts a shot from 30 yards out.. the keeper saves it.

22 minute mark: Downing crosses to Schreurs in the middle of the box.. he shoots.. upper left corner.. De Ly blocks the shot.. nice play by the defender.

24 minute mark: Downing takes the corenr.. to the near post.. King heads it.. the keeper blocks it.. it bounces to Schreurs outside the box.. he shoots.. upper right corner.. GOAL!!!! 1-0. That is his first goal of the year.

40 minute mark: Fletcher passes to Schmidt who blasts a powerful curving shot from 30 yards out.. upper right corner.. the keeper blocks it.

Halftime: 1-0 lead for us. We have over 69,000 fans here today.

50 minute mark: Downing fakes out two defenders.. passes to Schreurs in the middle of the box.. he shoots.. wide left by inches.

52 minute mark: Fletcher gets a yellow card for arguing an offside call on King.

54 minute mark: Downing burns two defenders.. passes to McFadden in the left side of the box.. McFadden with a spin move on a defender.. shoots.. upper right corner.. GOAL!!!!! 2-0.

60 minute mark: Salva is dominating his man.

63 minute mark: Ortega on for Schreurs, Cook on for Fletcher, and Godoy at striker for King.

Schreurs gets a standing ovation as he leaves the pitch.

67 minute mark: Ortega beats two men.. crosses.. McFadden heads it in the center of the box.. the keeper pushes it over the bar.

78 minute mark: Schmidt dribbles down the left sideline.. he is joining the attack.. he crosses it to the far post.. Ortega heads it.. into the upper left corner with a severely angled header! GOAL!!!! 3-0! That is Ortega's first goal of the year.

81 minute mark: Ortega crosses it from the right corner of the pitch.. Godoy heads it.. over the bar.. poor heading by Godoy there.

92 minute mark: Godoy steals it in the box.. crosses to Cook.. he shoots.. good save by the keeper.

Game over. 3-0 win for us.

We outshot them 19-0 (12-0 on target)

Downing wins MoM, 10 for form, 14 of 15 passes, 1 of 4 tackles, 0 of 1 headers, 28 runs(!), 3 fouls drawn, and 1 assist.

Schreurs and Ortega both had 9's for form.
Old 05-17-2005, 10:08 PM   #90
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tellistto
Just out of curiousity, why did you have to miss out on that brazilian kid? The FA should have got back to you on the WP issue before the deadline, and would have again if you'd appealed a decision, or have in my experience with the game, past and present. Having said that, though, I'd never buy a kid who needed a WP unless he's 17, to tie up a 5 year deal and give lots of time for him to develop, though it seems in this game that once granted, they don't seem to lose it. I bought a DL brazilian named Felipo when he was 20 or 21, had 1 U21 cap, and set him in the reserves for a season to develop. Brought him up the next season and haven't had a single issue with his WP, even though he hasn't been called up to the full squad.

Tell

It said that the initial WP was denied on the eve of the Deadline. I guess we didn't have time to schedule an appeal since the deadline had occurred as the initial decision was made. There was no option to appeal.
Old 05-17-2005, 10:08 PM   #91
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Oh yeah, I rarely ever go after a 16 year old, but this kid looked GREAT from my scout's view of his attributes. He might turn out to be even better than Adriano..
Old 05-17-2005, 10:18 PM   #92
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Sep 14, 2013 -

Before our match with them, Newcastle manager Steve Bruce told listeners on his local radio show that he believed Manchester United was going to win the title this year, and that we have too many resources for any other team to stop us from running away with the Championship.

I respond to the reporter that asks me about the comment as follows, "I'm quite confident that if we play every game to our potential, we can win the title."
Old 05-17-2005, 10:27 PM   #93
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Sep 15, 2013 -

Today we host Newcastle in a big EPL Match. We are currently in 3rd, but really in 1st if you factor in we have 2 less games than everyone else. Newcastle is currently in 7th place. Their top striker, Jermain Defoe is injured and is definitely out for this game. They have a very good midfield led by Philippe Durand, James Milner, and Kasper Lorentzen. Their backup striker Roberto is good and will likely work well with Ricardo Oliveira. Their defense is average with Rogerio, their left fullback, being their most consistent Defender. They are using my old keeper, Thomas Heaton in goal lately. He is really a suspect keeper at this level of play and I'm shocked to see him starting regularly. He does have 3 clean sheets, so he is doing better than I suspected he would. However, he has given up 10 goals in his other 3 starts!

We are even odd favorites.

It's overcast with temperatures in the 50's.

DC: Cahais
DC: Marchetti
DR: Brown
MC: Djemba
SC: Rooney
SC: Adriano

S2: Cook
S3: Godoy
S4: King
S5: Salva
Old 05-17-2005, 10:47 PM   #94
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

2 minute mark: Adriano is tripped by Gorlitz.. he gets away with a warning.

4 minute mark: Durand elbows Adriano.. yellow card for Durand.

7 minute mark: Downing dribbles down the left sideline.. beats a defender. crosses to the near post.. Adriano heads it.. over the bar.

9 minute mark: Schmidt dribbles down the left sideline.. he is tripped by Milner.. yellow card for Milner.

11 minute mark: Lorentzen gets a yellow card for pulling Adriano's jersey.

19 minute mark: Roberto gets a breakaway.. into the box.. he shoots.. Howard dives.. blocks it! He gathers the rebound.

21 minute mark: Schmidt with a good defensive play.

22 minute mark: Schmidt with a long pass.. to Rooney in the left side of the box.. he shoots.. Heaton with a good play to push it over the bar.

26 minute mark: Downing passes to Rooney in the left side of the box.. he fakes out a defender.. shoots.. the keeper blocks it.. Djemba gets the rebound.. has a wide open net! He shoots.. into the crossbar.. Rooney gets the rebound.. shoots.. into the right side of the net! GOAL!!!! 1-0.

37 minute mark: Downing loses it over the endline.

39 minute mark: Schmidt passes long to Schreurs.. he gets it in the right corner of the pitch.. he crosses it 50 yards to the far post.. Downing traps it.. 5 yards out.. blasts a shot.. upper right corner.. GOAL!!!! 2-0! Nice goal by Downing.

Halftime: 2-0 lead for us. We have a full house of 91,000 plus fans here today.

50 minute mark: Kamara with a crossing pass.. Howard misplays it.. the striker misses it.. but it sails into the upper right corner! GOAL. Still up 2-1.

61 minute mark: Downing collides with Durand.. Downing is writhing in pain. He has to come off the pitch. I put Cook on at left wing. I also put Godoy on for Schreurs who is tired.

72 minute mark: Schmidt with a nice pass to Cook.. Cook with a quick beautiful cross to Rooney in the left side of the box.. he blasts a shot.. lower right corner.. GOAL!!!! 3-1! That is Rooney's second. cook is really one of my best most versatile midfielders.

82 minute mark: Cook gets a yellow card for holding Milner's jersey.

Game over. 3-1 win for us.

We outshot them 18-3 (11-2 on target)

Downing won MoM, 10 for form, 17 of 18 passes, 1 of 3 tackles, 1 of 4 headers, 15 runs, 3 fouls drawn, and 1 goal.

Rooney had a 9 for form.
Old 05-17-2005, 10:56 PM   #95
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Post Match Info:

Downing injured his elbow and will miss about a week.

Our attendance of 91,289 today was our highest total ever according to the team statistician.
Old 05-17-2005, 11:01 PM   #96
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Sep 17, 2013 -

Downing and Rooney were selected to the EPL Team of the Week. Wood has returned from his loan, and he really is good enough that I have to get him some midfield action.

WOW!!! Plymouth Argyle (20th in the EC) beat Arsenal today in the 2nd round of the League Cup. They ended regulation 0-0, but they won a shoot out 4-3. Arsenal fans are said to be devasted after this loss.
Old 05-17-2005, 11:06 PM   #97
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Sep 18, 2013 -

Birmingham striker Robin van Persie has announced that he will definitely leave the club at the end of his current deal on a Bosman signing. He feels he needs a better challenge with a better team than what he is getting at Birmingham. The 30 year old is very versatile, and I might pursue him for some depth if his contract demands aren't too outrageous.
Old 05-20-2005, 12:43 AM   #98
daedalus
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Fulham have signed Dortmund's Spanish Attacking Midfielder Joaquin for 7.4 million dollars.
Isn't that kind of cheap for Joaquin?
Quote:
Arsenal's Anthony Petit has won the EPL Young Player of the Month.
Manu's son!
daedalus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2005, 07:49 AM   #99
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by daedalus
Isn't that kind of cheap for Joaquin?Manu's son!

Well, Joaquin is getting older and his skills are starting to decline.

As far as the other comment:
Old 05-20-2005, 05:34 PM   #100
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Correction:

This Joaquin is actually a younger talented midfielder who is not very established yet. It's not the Joaquin that we were both likely thinking of.

Speaking of which:

Sep 18, 2013 -

Today we travel to play Fulham. They are currently 6th in the EPL while we are currently in 2nd. They have a solid team led by star striker Helder Postiga and midfielder Thomas Hitzlsperger. Collins John is their other skilled striker. Joaquin is a good recent addition to their midfield. Enrice Gaede is their top defender. Michael Rensing is a very steady keeper.

We are 4-6 favorites.

It's overcast with temperatures in the mid 40's.

ML: Alfonso
S2: Cahais
S3: Ortega
S4: Rooney

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 05-20-2005 at 05:35 PM.