Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-13-2020, 07:34 PM   #51
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Hamilton rides start tomorrow, excited for this.

We also just ordered a 43 inch TV and a firestik for the exercise room. Prime days has some sweet deals

Last edited by Lathum : 10-13-2020 at 07:34 PM.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2020, 07:28 AM   #52
spleen1015
Coordinator

@Ksyrup

Ordered my X22i over the weekend. I am really looking forward to using it.

How's everything with yours after 3 months?
Old 11-04-2020, 07:35 AM   #53
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

I love it. I have had some minor weirdness with incline kinda doing its own thing sporadically, but nothing that has slowed me down. Did you order from NT? I've read that they are on a major backorder, so I'm not sure I would believe their timeline. On the iFit FB page, it's hit and miss whether you get it in 3-4 weeks or 3-4 months.

Mine took a month in July and it said it would ship within 3 days, which did not happen.

I love the machine and the workouts though. I'm at 377 miles since July 31st.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2020, 07:56 AM   #54
spleen1015
Coordinator

I got an email that said they were on back order and mine would ship on 11/9.

Not happy to hear it could be longer.
Old 11-04-2020, 08:12 AM   #55
Ksyrup

I would count on it unless they've caught up on orders from the past 2-3 months.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Old 11-04-2020, 08:12 AM   #56
Ksyrup

And of course it's got to get to the delivery company who then needs to schedule delivery with you.
Old 11-04-2020, 08:17 AM   #57
spleen1015
Coordinator

I'm at home 98% of the time outside of softball tournaments, so hopefully that's easy.
Old 11-04-2020, 08:17 AM   #58
spleen1015
Coordinator

Thanks for all of the info.
Old 11-30-2020, 05:08 PM   #59
Ksyrup

I've had my NordicTrack treadmill for exactly 4 months today and just passed 500 miles. Doubt I'll be able to keep that pace up once Covid gets under control, but for now I'll keep running as much as possible.
Old 03-22-2021, 04:22 AM   #60
Usekeet
n00b

The initial price was expensive, but I love the classes on the Peloton bike. ... The only downside is not with the bike but cycling itself.

Here's my website:
https://wowthefitness.com/
Usekeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2021, 08:26 AM   #61
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usekeet View Post
The initial price was expensive, but I love the classes on the Peloton bike. ... The only downside is not with the bike but cycling itself.

Truth.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2021, 04:16 PM   #62
AlexB
Pro Starter

Did my first group ride in Zwift today. Wow, drafting makes a huge difference - I managed a 19 mile ride in 45m 5 seconds... That’s 33% faster than I’ve ever ridden IRL, and probably 25% faster than any previous Zwift ride
AlexB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2021, 11:18 AM   #63
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

This can't be good for PR

Peloton disabled a free feature on its $4,000 Tread+, forcing owners to pay a $39 monthly fee to use the machine. Some are threatening legal action.
Old 06-22-2021, 11:36 AM   #64
RainMaker
General Manager

That sure seems like ransomware to me.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2021, 11:50 AM   #65
Kodos
Resident Alien

That and the whole having to recall the treadmills because kids are getting killed by them.

Last edited by Kodos : 06-22-2021 at 12:08 PM.
Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2021, 11:56 AM   #66
RainMaker
General Manager

I mean I'm sure it's legal and their army of lawyers has crafted operating agreements to allow it. But it is ransomware.

There really should be some kind of law protecting consumers on this stuff too. Not just on the Peloton, but a lot of "smart" products that later on decide you need a paid subscription to use it. What if Nest decided that you need to pay $50/month to use their thermostat?
Old 06-22-2021, 12:24 PM   #67
Ksyrup

I haven't found an above-average fitness company yet. Some of them have great products or services, but they all have their warts.

My NordicTrack had several issues that caused me to lose about 4-6 weeks worth of time. Reading a lot of comments on social media, many people have had issues getting things fixed or wanting to do returns and the company dragging their feet. I have had issues, but I have personally had very good/timely service. A lot of that is due, I think, to being fortunate to live in an area with a great service company they work with. They've been out twice, same guy, and he is fantastic.

Anyway, good timing on the thread bump. I've had my x22i incline trainer for 11 months and am currently at 1,196 miles. I'd be past 1,300 if it wasn't for the down time but [knock on wood] things seem to be working fine right now.
Old 06-22-2021, 01:03 PM   #68
Kodos
Resident Alien

My Peloton bike has been perfect so far. My ProForm tread has been mostly good, although sometimes the incline function has a mind of its own.
Old 07-18-2021, 07:36 PM   #69
Ksyrup

So I'm coming up on the year anniversary of getting my NT x22i and I've decided I am going to challenge myself to run a half marathon in November. I think the biggest issue will be transitioning to running outdoors. I'm coming up on 1350 miles for the past year, 100% of them indoors. But I've got 4 months to prepare, and the weather will get much better once we get into September (hopefully - I do recall about 3 years ago we had 25 days of 90 degree weather here).

Anyone had any experience going from treadmill to outdoors? I do a ton of running at incline, so I'm hoping that will make it easier to adjust to the natural resistance you get from running outdoors.
Old 07-18-2021, 07:44 PM   #70
tarcone
Coordinator

Get really good shoes. Go to a running specific shoe store.

The word is Fight! Fight! Fight! For Iowa

FOFC 30 Dollar Challenge Champion-OOTP '15
tarcone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2021, 08:09 PM   #71
HerRealName
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
So I'm coming up on the year anniversary of getting my NT x22i and I've decided I am going to challenge myself to run a half marathon in November. I think the biggest issue will be transitioning to running outdoors. I'm coming up on 1350 miles for the past year, 100% of them indoors. But I've got 4 months to prepare, and the weather will get much better once we get into September (hopefully - I do recall about 3 years ago we had 25 days of 90 degree weather here).

Anyone had any experience going from treadmill to outdoors? I do a ton of running at incline, so I'm hoping that will make it easier to adjust to the natural resistance you get from running outdoors.

You should be in a great position already with the base you've built up. You should be able to step into any half marathon training plan with no issues if you want to go that route.

Before my first half marathon, I was coming off 2 knee surgeries in 2 years. I had a meniscus repair in late fall and spent the winter just running up and down my basement steps for exercise. Once spring arrived, it looks like I ran 4 - 5 miles a day until I decided to sign up for a half marathon on a complete whim. It looks like I ran an 11 mile training run 6 days before my half marathon. That was probably double my previous longest run. Pretty much no matter what you do, you will be better prepared than my dumb ass.
HerRealName is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2021, 06:25 AM   #72
Ksyrup

Ha! Yeah, I've been doing plenty of long runs. I did 8.6m Saturday and 8.1m yesterday. Longest single run I've done is just over 10m. I find I enjoy them more. They're less about killing yourself as fast as you can go and more about pace/rhythm and endurance, which suits me better.

The best 5K time I've done (again, on a treadmill) is 22:18 and I was running hard. I've done a 10K in 50:40 (although that was last October). For the half marathon, I'm shooting for 2 hours. That's about a 6.5mph pace which for me is a breeze on a treadmill - that's usually under or around 75-77% of my max HR.

As far as shoes, I've got 2 pair I switch between. I'm getting a new pair to break in for running outdoors. I love the New Balance 1080 fresh foam. I haven't had a single issue with comfort.
Old 07-19-2021, 10:22 AM   #73
HerRealName
College Prospect

If training goes well, I can see something like 1:45 given those times.
HerRealName is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2021, 02:59 PM   #74
Poli
FOFC Survivor

We bought the bike 2 months ago and it's been fantastic.
Old 11-11-2021, 12:09 PM   #75
Ksyrup

I've been treating this thread as a general fitness thread given the lack of posts here and elsewhere on the subject, not sure a separate thread is necessary.

Anway, this morning I went out to do my last long run outdoors in preparation for a half-marathon I'm running in about 10 days and almost got hit by a car.

I was approaching a light that turned green on my side so it was red as I started running in the crosswalk as a work truck pulling a trailer was getting into the RH turn lane. He looked left, pretty much right at me, so I assumed he saw me. As I approached the turn lane, he never stopped and I pulled up at the last second right on his fender, screamed "Motherfucker stop you've got the red!" at which point he braked, stopped and looked at me like he saw a ghost. I came up to his window and slammed my palms into his door and screamed "Watch the fucking road you asshole!" and ran off.

Asshole literally looked through/past me to make sure no cars were coming so he could blow through the red light and turn right without stopping. I hope I left a dent in his door.

Yet another reason I love my treadmill...

Last edited by Ksyrup : 11-11-2021 at 12:12 PM.
Old 11-11-2021, 12:24 PM   #76
Kodos
Resident Alien

Always scary when you have an incident like that. It's why I love my Peloton over a bike. On the road, I'm exposed to major injury due to my own mistakes (wiping out) or the mistakes of drivers. On my Peloton, I don't have to worry about that crap.

I do prefer running outside to running on the treadmill, but my area is mostly pretty safe suburbs without a ton of traffic. Glad you're okay!
Old 11-11-2021, 01:05 PM   #77
Flasch186
Coordinator

HEre around where I live the bikers are so emboldened that I just don't understand the risk v reward they're thinking about. They're literally risking life and death and they don't give AF.

Putting a New Spin on Real Estate!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Flasch186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2021, 01:02 PM   #78
Ksyrup

So I ran my half-marathon this morning and it was successful. I finished in 1:53:34, placed second in the 50-54 age group (out of 8 men) and finished 47th overall out of 158. It was mid-40s, overcast, and threatening to rain the entire time. It started sprinkling during my last mile and was a steady rain about 10 minutes after I finished, so I got lucky. When we were leaving, people were still coming in and it looked beyond miserable.

Unfortunately, there was a medical emergency shortly after I finished where a woman needed CPR and an ambulance. She appeared to be unresponsive for a good 10 minutes until they finally revived her, and then as they loaded her into the ambulance, you could see her convulsing and her tongue was hanging out. My wife and daughter were about in tears. Shitty end to an otherwise good day. Hope she recovers.
Old 01-20-2022, 02:28 PM   #79
Edward64
Head Coach

Bad news from Peleton today.

That craze is over. But I did like their commercials.
Edward64 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2022, 02:55 PM   #80
Ksyrup

I wonder how successful other fitness companies have been in navigating the pandemic to post-pandemic consumer demand surge to going back to somewhat normal. I mean, the pandemic's not technically over, but most people are starting to act like things have gone back to normal, and that includes going back to the gym.

The thing I love about iFit is it's not simply a group gym workout app, but a fitness and travel app. I don't know if they are going to have similar issues, but I feel like their product is better-suited to longevity because it doesn't just replicate the gym experience (which is what Peloton highlights on its commercials).

Last edited by Ksyrup : 03-03-2022 at 01:10 PM.
Old 02-08-2022, 06:57 PM   #81
Ksyrup

Old 02-08-2022, 08:17 PM   #82
Kodos
Resident Alien

Y'ouch. I love my Peloton, but feel bad for those folks.
Old 02-08-2022, 10:40 PM   #83
bhlloy
Coordinator

How does a company that does something relatively straightforward like Peleton have 15,000 or so employees to begin with?
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2022, 02:52 PM   #84
RainMaker
General Manager

CEO bailed with a $100 million.

Guessing they have a big sales and customer service department? That does seem high though.
Old 02-25-2022, 01:18 PM   #85
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodos View Post
Y'ouch. I love my Peloton, but feel bad for those folks.

Same. We got ours last year and I love the thing. I had a nerve issue flaring up in my right leg off and on throughout the year so I didn't use it near as much as I wanted to, but I'm back in the saddle again.
Old 03-02-2022, 09:08 PM   #86
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Well - I haven't been around for awhile

I do have a Peloton - TriadicGoblin over there.

My daughter was one of 2800 laid off as she managed a warehouse here for them hence, I took advantage of the family buying perk before she was laid off.

I have been riding basically daily since having it though - feel free to add me
Old 03-03-2022, 01:10 PM   #87
Ksyrup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
I wonder how successful other fitness companies have been in navigating the pandemic to post-pandemic consumer demand surge to going back to somewhat normal. I mean, the pandemic's not technically over, but most people are starting to act like things have gone back to normal, and that includes going back to the gym.

The thing I love about iFit is it's not simply a group gym workout app, but a fitness and travel app. I don't know if they are going to have similar issues, but I feel like their product is better-suited to longevity because it doesn't just replicate the gym experience (which is what Peloton highlights on its commercials).

Follow-up on my post from about a month ago wondering about how it's going at iFit...

IFit CEO To Step Down Amid Capital Infusion | SGB Media Online

Once you get past the fluff, the key parts:

Quote:
Monday’s moves follow IFit’s indefinite delay of an IPO this past October with the postponement blamed on “adverse market conditions.” The delay comes amid challenges faced by Peloton and signs from other vendors of a slowdown in demand for home fitness following an initial surge during pandemic-driven lockdowns.

As first reported on January 26 by the New York Post, the maker of NordicTrack exercise bikes was hit by a $300 million lawsuit that threatened to force the company into bankruptcy. The suit was filed by hedge fund Pamplona Capital Management, which lent IFit $200 million in 2019. According to court documents, Pamplona’s lawsuit sought to take back the original loan, plus $100 million in interest. It reportedly stemmed from a dispute with the top shareholder over IFit’s acquisition of an unnamed Chinese manufacturing company. As noted in Monday’s press release, the litigation was amicably resolved.

This past Friday, The Salt Lake City Tribune reported that IFit had launched another round of layoffs to reduce expenses amid supply chain challenges, particularly in securing steel, resins and microchips needed to manufacture its connected fitness equipment. The company announced a separate round of layoffs in December.

Last edited by Ksyrup : 03-03-2022 at 01:13 PM.
Old 05-18-2022, 11:11 AM   #88
Kodos
Resident Alien

Created a hashtag for FOFC users on Peloton: #FOFC

I'm Chrispy_in_CT.
Old 05-18-2022, 04:15 PM   #89
Pyser
Pro Rookie

I'm Pyser1 in there - only about a month in
Pyser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2022, 05:40 PM   #90
Edward64
Head Coach

Sorry to see it go downhill.

I wonder how much I get mine for in the neighborhood FB. I'm going to a gym now and don't really need it anymore.

Quote:
Peloton told employees Friday that it is slashing roughly 780 jobs, closing a significant number of its retail stores and hiking prices on some equipment in a bid to cut costs and become profitable.

The company did not specify how many of its 86 retail locations it plans to shutter, but said an “aggressive” reduction will begin in 2023. The pace of closures will depend on how quickly Peloton can negotiate getting out of leases.
Old 01-13-2023, 03:07 PM   #91
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Downhill or not, the bike's done some small wonders for me the past two months. I got a physical in November and the results were not great. I started using the bike a lot more...for rides and the other exercise routines.

I'm down 23 pounds since then. Diet and exercise? Who knew?
Old 01-13-2023, 04:25 PM   #92
Edward64
Head Coach

Wow congrats

Care you share your secrets and the rides you do?

How is the Peloton community nowadays?
Old 01-16-2023, 05:39 AM   #93
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward64 View Post
Wow congrats

Care you share your secrets and the rides you do?

How is the Peloton community nowadays?

I started out light, because well, light was all I could handle. When I had the bad test results, I just had to amp it up a little instead of a lot. For the first couple of weeks, I did the Strength Roll Call Monday through Friday and then either a 20 or maybe 30 minute ride.

My diet, fwiw, is keto. I plan to stay on it for another month before adding some more carbs back in. Some, not a lot.

Once I got to about Thanksgiving, I started asking what more could I do. I joined a group called HardCOREontheFloor, which stacks like 3 strength workouts and suggests a ride as well. That really got me going.

At this point, I'm going 40-50 minutes of strength training (sometimes I add a little more) and 40-50 minutes of the bike about 5 days a week. Thursdays I ride for about 20 minutes lightly and just about call it a day. Sundays are long walks. I'm living in a bit of constant soreness but I feel absolutely great. Best I have in 10 years.
Old 01-16-2023, 11:53 AM   #94
Poli
FOFC Survivor

As for the rides, usually it's a 5-10 min warmup, just getting the legs spinning before I hit the 30 min main course. The main ride is usually something recent...I try not to be picky. I'll probably take one that was posted within the past two days. I will then hit a 5-10 min cool down.

I schedule/stack everything the day before so that I wake up and continue stack, continue stack, continue stack.

The community on Facebook...well, it's like it would be here. Some people have honest questions, some lurkers, some looking to take their internet shots. I've basically got the main group community on ignore at this point and focus on the Peloton military community as well as the HardCORE group.
Old 01-16-2023, 12:44 PM   #95
Edward64
Head Coach

Congrats on your transformation and thanks for sharing

I’ve turned off the subscription but still do have the bike. I find I’m having more fun in the gym and working with weights and functional trainers right now. But that costs a lot more than a Peloton subscription.

I have been watching YT on home gyms though
Old 01-16-2023, 01:45 PM   #96
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward64 View Post
Congrats on your transformation and thanks for sharing

I’ve turned off the subscription but still do have the bike. I find I’m having more fun in the gym and working with weights and functional trainers right now. But that costs a lot more than a Peloton subscription.

I have been watching YT on home gyms though

Yeah, I'd certainly get more options at a local gym. I've had a standard set of dumbbells in the house for a long time, so there wasn't an added investment there. I added a bench over Christmas so I'm not pressing from the floor and it feels really great. I'd probably be sticking close to what I'm already at home if I went to a gym.

Cables and machines, though. I wouldn't mind a little variety there.
Old 01-19-2023, 03:09 PM   #97
Bortaz
n00b

I tell anyone considering that it is the best purchase I’ve ever made. The convenience of it in my home, the variety of workout and instructor… it has changed working out for me. I’ll probably never go back to a gym
Bortaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2023, 02:46 PM   #98
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poli View Post
Downhill or not, the bike's done some small wonders for me the past two months. I got a physical in November and the results were not great. I started using the bike a lot more...for rides and the other exercise routines.

I'm down 23 pounds since then. Diet and exercise? Who knew?

A few months later...I'm down 52 pounds since August. 18 pounds/9% body fat since January 1. I spent March gradually adding carbs back into my diet. I'm still dieting, just not trying for ketosis.

I'm not riding much these days. I had a vasectomy in early March and that has been my stopping point on heavy cardio. I still get walking in and I plan to pop on the bike once or twice a week now that I've fully recovered.

I was a finalist for a winter transformation challenge with a local supplement store here. Seeing my before and after pictures being displayed was pretty awesome.

Still using Peloton's strength program almost daily. I had to take a week off after the surgery and then modify the weights for the past few weeks but I was back to regular lifting today. I now lift just over an hour a day before calling it...two "rest" days where I work on something other than lifting.
Old 04-03-2023, 03:17 PM   #99
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Congrats, AE!

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2023, 01:41 PM   #100
Ksyrup

I know this a is mainly a Peloton thread but it's generally been about fitness and other systems too (like IFIT, which I use). For those using Peloton, I'm wondering if there have been any noticeable changes the past year or so that you've seen with the product since Covid (mostly) went away and people started going back to gyms.

With IFIT, I know they settled a big lawsuit with Peloton by agreeing to remove the leaderboard feature, while Peloton apparently agreed to license some of IFIT's technologies. The leaderboard wasn't something I used all that much, so not a big deal. But I know these types of companies are struggling and have definitely cut back. For instance, they used to do live broadcasts of runs (5Ks, etc.) with one of their trainers participating in the run. That stopped months ago (not exactly sure when). They also used to give out rewards for hitting 100/200/300/400/500 workout milestones, and those went away as well.

The thing that I've noticed the most over the past 12-18 months or so is the sparse new workout series. They still release one every so often, but it's definitely not as often and the series are shorter (typically, 4-12 workouts instead of 12-30 which used to be the standard). What they've gone to is repackaging individual workouts from a bunch of series as a "challenge" or "themed" set of workouts. Which sucks. I'm not necessarily running out of new stuff to do, but I'm definitely mining the older stuff looking for "new to me" series to run rather than doing a lot of new stuff.

I don't know how long this will last and I still love the service - it's had me running 15-30 miles a week for 3 years - but I also hope they are able to right the ship financially and get back into a better cadence of new material.

Just curious if Peloton is operating similarly.

Last edited by Ksyrup : 08-07-2023 at 01:41 PM.