Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-16-2019, 07:07 AM   #20101
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhillips View Post
Trump has pardoned three war criminals over the objections of the Pentagon.

That smell is the UCMJ and SOFA agreements going up in smoke.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2019, 07:48 AM   #20102
Edward64
Head Coach

Trump is probably thinking couple years in a white collar jail won't be that bad for Roger. I think he pardons Stone, either before or lets say 2 months into his jail term.

Roger Stone was found guilty. Now all eyes turn to Trump. - POLITICO
Quote:
Stone’s fate now rests in part with Trump, who has the power to issue an election-season pardon or commutation to spare one of his longest-running political advisers any jail time. While the president has danced around the question for months, he tweeted about the verdict within minutes of it being read in open court.
:
:
Asked after the verdict whether Trump is considering a Stone pardon, White House deputy press secretary Steven Groves replied, “Not that I’m aware of."

The fact that Stone was not immediately jailed makes a Trump decision on a potential pardon less urgent, with Stone not likely to be sent to prison until February or later.

Still, pressure on Trump is likely to increase as that date nears.
:
The charges against Stone carry a maximum potential prison term of 50 years, but he’s likely to be sentenced in accordance with federal guidelines that typically call for a much more lenient sentence for first-time offenders. Those guidelines are expected to call for Stone to spend a couple of years in prison, if convicted, legal experts said.

Last edited by Edward64 : 11-16-2019 at 07:48 AM.
Edward64 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2019, 08:14 AM   #20103
PilotMan
Head Coach

It's guaranteed if he loses in November.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2019, 08:25 AM   #20104
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotMan View Post
It's guaranteed if he loses in November.

He doesn't look as if he can survive that long even in a white collar prison.
Old 11-16-2019, 02:08 PM   #20105
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Quote:
Trump has pardoned three war criminals over the objections of the Pentagon.

My daughter does little kid gymnastics. Was talking with a couple parents while she was there today, turns out the guy I was sitting next to served with Lorance, and served under his CO in the exact same location.

Got a very different story from him than what the media gives.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2019, 02:21 PM   #20106
JPhillips
General Manager

Nine members of Lorance's platoon testified against him and not a single member testified for him. I'm comfortable letting the military justice system make a determination of what happened and what punishment was warranted.
Old 11-16-2019, 02:25 PM   #20107
Flasch186
Coordinator

Never Trumpers.

Putting a New Spin on Real Estate!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Flasch186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2019, 06:21 PM   #20108
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffee Warlord View Post
My daughter does little kid gymnastics. Was talking with a couple parents while she was there today, turns out the guy I was sitting next to served with Lorance, and served under his CO in the exact same location.

Got a very different story from him than what the media gives.

Would be curious to hear more
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2019, 07:05 PM   #20109
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYU 14 View Post
Would be curious to hear more

Short-ish version, from what I gathered. And I will also note, this is one person talking, and this isn't someone I know even remotely well, but it was interesting.

1) The CO of that unit was and still is *hated*. He was described to me as a self serving CYA officer, whose MO was to immediately blame a subordinate if one of his decisions turned out to be wrong. (His almost exact words - if he is told one thing, disagrees and decides another thing, if he's proven wrong, he blames the guy who told him the 'right' thing.)

2) This leads to how this went down (and I will point out, guy I spoke to agrees the guy fucked up, but disagrees the guy deserved the punishment he got). He (guy I talked to) summed it up like this: "He (Lorance), screwed up. But he called those guys were going to attack us, he warned his CO, and he turned out to be right.".

3) Which leads to the impression of why the hammer came down, in this guy (parent)'s eyes: Lorance screwed up, but his assessment of the incoming attack was dead on. Heat came on the self-serving CO, who basically decided Lorance was going to go down hard. Lorance's platoon effectively were told how this was going to play out, and played ball.

TLDR - According to one person I barely know, but says he plays in the same pond as many of the principles, he got railroaded by a carreerist superior officer (who is now a general) who needed someone to go down hard for this. Too many eyes.

edit: There's a lot of pronouns here. I apologize. I'm exhausted right now. Rough week.

Last edited by Coffee Warlord : 11-16-2019 at 07:06 PM.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2019, 07:49 PM   #20110
JPhillips
General Manager

Trump went, unannounced, to Walter Reed. The WH is saying he went to get a head start on his physical. They also released a statement verifying how healthy and strong he is.

Very odd.
Old 11-16-2019, 08:04 PM   #20111
kingfc22
Head Coach

Quote:
The WH is saying he went to get a head start on his physical.

Even if that was true, this WH lies so often that it doesn’t really matter what they say the reason is/was.

We’ll never know.

But I for one always go to the hospital, on a Saturday, 3 months prior to a scheduled physical when nothing is wrong with me.

Last edited by kingfc22 : 11-16-2019 at 08:05 PM.
kingfc22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2019, 10:02 PM   #20112
JPhillips
General Manager

Interesting thought in a very close election that I saw on twitter, would Edwards have won if LSU had lost to Alabama?
Old 11-16-2019, 10:04 PM   #20113
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

I wonder if this is true

Trump Chest Discomfort Claim After Walter Reed Visit | Heavy.com
Old 11-16-2019, 10:12 PM   #20114
Thomkal
Head Coach

Dems win another electon-this time the Louisiana Governor race. Curious as to why the election was held on a Saturday though?
Old 11-17-2019, 03:55 AM   #20115
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
Dems win another electon-this time the Louisiana Governor race. Curious as to why the election was held on a Saturday though?

Because that's what Louisiana's Election Code calls for.

Gubernatorial primaries and general elections are held on Saturdays. Everything else is Tuesdays.
SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2019, 08:44 AM   #20116
JPhillips
General Manager

Putin has run easily the greatest intelligence operation in history. Is there a country in the West that the Russians haven't interfered with top political leadership?

Old 11-17-2019, 08:57 AM   #20117
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by SackAttack View Post
Because that's what Louisiana's Election Code calls for.

Gubernatorial primaries and general elections are held on Saturdays. Everything else is Tuesdays.

Thanks Sack, just seemed odd it was on a Sat.
Old 11-17-2019, 09:32 AM   #20118
Flasch186
Coordinator

Quote:
Putin has run easily the greatest intelligence operation in history. Is there a country in the West that the Russians haven't interfered with top political leadership?

It's no surprise that the Brexit (break up of the EU) and Trump election interference (pro-Russian slant) and activities in the Middle East (ceding control to Russia), Ukraine military aid hold up (pro Russian), G7 controversy to add Russia back in under Trump (pro Russian) all align nicely with Putin's silent war on the west. He's winning by allowing cancer to eat western democracy and alliances to be eaten from within.

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Old 11-17-2019, 10:49 AM   #20119
Flasch186
Coordinator

When someone wants to tell me that Trump has Freedom of Speech and that they steadfastly support it...

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL

Last edited by Flasch186 : 11-17-2019 at 10:56 AM.
Old 11-17-2019, 11:35 AM   #20120
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Meaning what?

Should somebody be forced to hire him?
Old 11-17-2019, 12:47 PM   #20121
Flasch186
Coordinator

The Trump Presidency – 2016

Meaning some people felt that Colin needed to shut up and play even going so far as to saying he was anti patriotic for taking a knee in silent protest

Now let’s see those same people fawning over freedom of speech rights for an American who happens to be the president

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL

Last edited by Flasch186 : 11-17-2019 at 12:49 PM.
Old 11-17-2019, 01:37 PM   #20122
JPhillips
General Manager

I've been thinking a lot about how different things may look politically in twenty or thirty years. With the GOP going all in on shrinking demo groups and the Dems pulling in a lot of former GOP moderates in the suburbs, I can see a future where the parties are very different ideologically than they are currently. I could see a future where the Dems are a Euro like right-center party and a new party emerges for the left. Meanwhile the GOP shrinks to the point of irrelevance.
Old 11-18-2019, 07:44 AM   #20123
JPhillips
General Manager

NK sure has the measure of Trump. After Trump nearly begged for a new meeting, NK issued a statement that says they won't meet until they get something first.

So much winning.
Old 11-18-2019, 09:16 AM   #20124
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
NK sure has the measure of Trump. After Trump nearly begged for a new meeting, NK issued a statement that says they won't meet until they get something first.

So much winning.

I thought Trump reach out to NK was worth the gamble but you are right, nothing much has come of it.

Haven't heard much from Trump on HK either. Its understandable we wouldn't jeopardize foreign and trade policy on HK (blame the Brits for where they are now) but a nice "measured" statement of support would be nice.

Still hoping for a breakthrough on China. I read an article that they may want to deal with Trump as Warren may be tougher on them. My guess is a rollback on tariffs some but nothing else until after 2020 is settled which means 2 years of ups-and-downs and uncertainty for not much to show for it.
Old 11-18-2019, 09:26 AM   #20125
Galaril
Pro Starter

Quote:
I've been thinking a lot about how different things may look politically in twenty or thirty years. With the GOP going all in on shrinking demo groups and the Dems pulling in a lot of former GOP moderates in the suburbs, I can see a future where the parties are very different ideologically than they are currently. I could see a future where the Dems are a Euro like right-center party and a new party emerges for the left. Meanwhile the GOP shrinks to the point of irrelevance.

The first two parts I agree with are inevitable but not sure we can declare the far right dying yet.
Galaril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 09:39 AM   #20126
JPhillips
General Manager

I'm not sure any of it will happen, that's just a possibility that I see.
Old 11-18-2019, 10:04 AM   #20127
JPhillips
General Manager

dola

The Fed. Chair certainly implies that Trump and Mnuchin leaned on him to change policy.

Quote:
At the President's invitation, Chair Powell met with the President and the Treasury Secretary Monday morning at the White House to discuss the economy, growth, employment and inflation.

Chair Powell's comments were consistent with his remarks at his congressional hearings last week. He did not discuss his expectations for monetary policy, except to stress that the path of policy will depend entirely on incoming information that bears on the outlook for the economy.

Finally, Chair Powell said that he and his colleagues on the Federal Open Market Committee will set monetary policy, as required by law, to support maximum employment and stable prices and will make those decisions based solely on careful, objective and non-political analysis.
Old 11-18-2019, 10:26 AM   #20128
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/doug-ma...ion-uncovered/

Why not a new scandal?
Old 11-18-2019, 12:15 PM   #20129
Edward64
Head Coach

It would be fun to see/hear Trump testify.
Old 11-18-2019, 12:22 PM   #20130
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward64 View Post
I thought Trump reach out to NK was worth the gamble but you are right, nothing much has come of it.

First off, the way he did it was absurd. Saying " talk to you soon" at the end of a tweet. Can he be anymore embarrassing?

Second, there is zero reason for us to reach out to NK. All it does is legitimize them. Trump has been played over and over by them, and he comes off looking even weaker in this.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 02:06 PM   #20131
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyHere View Post

I thought this was pretty standard. Ambassadorships are mostly given out to big money supporters. Obama, Bush, etc did the same.

I guess this is different because instead of doing it without an implicit directive, this one was out in the open. But I guarantee behind the scenes this stuff takes place all the time.

And that's not to say it's right. I personally believe that you should not be given a post if you've donated to a candidate.

https://www.npr.org/2014/12/03/36814...ps-critics-say

Last edited by RainMaker : 11-18-2019 at 02:07 PM.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 02:15 PM   #20132
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
I thought this was pretty standard...

That's because you live in Illinois
Old 11-18-2019, 02:53 PM   #20133
PilotMan
Head Coach

I thought it seemed like a nothingburger too.

A. Appointees to locations like that are often political supporters and donate large sums.

B. Campaigns always ask for more. And when you've already donated a million, what's the hurt asking for more.

That's nothing. Why worry about it when there's so much more actually on the record that is worrying?

Like Steam?

Old 11-18-2019, 02:59 PM   #20134
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

I agree. It seems like the kind of non-scandal that the GOP would be pushing the media to discuss so they can use it as "proof" that everything is a nothingburger and everyone is just out to get Trump.
albionmoonlight is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 03:04 PM   #20135
QuikSand
lolzcat

It's Ambassador to the Bahamas, for crying out loud. If you're not selling that, I don't even know what to say. I know this is jaded-insider talk, but come on.
QuikSand is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 04:09 PM   #20136
PilotMan
Head Coach

Some people say they are worried that trump is ill and hiding his illness in order to fool the American public! Well, I don't know, but they do! Because they are people who know things, and they know that a sick president is a weak president. So for the good of the country, donald, come out to the world and tell us what your hiding!

Like Steam?

Old 11-19-2019, 06:53 AM   #20137
JPhillips
General Manager

Apparently we walked out of talks today with the Koreans...the South Koreans.

WTF?
Old 11-19-2019, 07:22 AM   #20138
PilotMan
Head Coach

Hey, you'd be upset too, if you raised my prices by 500%. I am so ungrateful.

Right?

Like Steam?

Old 11-19-2019, 07:37 AM   #20139
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Well the left (and some libertarians) always wanted to remove overseas bases that form our American Empire right?
Old 11-19-2019, 08:09 AM   #20140
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Who is hungry for some Gym Jordan word salad!
Old 11-19-2019, 08:13 AM   #20141
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Jennifer Williams looks hung over. Maybe she was hanging out with Brett Kavanaugh last night. Beer!

Last edited by Lathum : 11-19-2019 at 08:24 AM.
Old 11-19-2019, 08:23 AM   #20142
QuikSand
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
Jennifer Williams

whoever that is
QuikSand is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2019, 08:24 AM   #20143
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

More of the same crap from Nunes. It is amazing almost half the country can't see through this nonsense.

Media is bad!
Old 11-19-2019, 08:42 AM   #20144
Flasch186
Coordinator

It's amazing that the GOP (Ron Johnson now & Trump) will literally set fire to anyone that doesn't drink the kool-aid and push everyone else to hold the line...

Who will be the last one set on fire? Pence?

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Old 11-19-2019, 10:33 AM   #20145
Izulde
Head Coach

Quote:
Well the left (and some libertarians) always wanted to remove overseas bases that form our American Empire right?

I'd say no, but then I remembered despite being left overall, foreign policy is one of the areas I take a neorealist conservative view.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2019, 10:42 AM   #20146
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

And again Nunes starts questioning with speculation about Hunter Biden. How about a defense of Trump, or questions relevant to the impeachment.
Old 11-19-2019, 10:46 AM   #20147
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
And again Nunes starts questioning with speculation about Hunter Biden. How about a defense of Trump, or questions relevant to the impeachment.

Isn't that the GOP defense right now though? That Trump was simply trying to root out corruption and therefore it was reasonable to withhold the money until Ukraine took actions against said corruption.

I don't buy it personally but I imagine it would sell well to the base.
Old 11-19-2019, 10:59 AM   #20148
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Isn't that the GOP defense right now though? That Trump was simply trying to root out corruption and therefore it was reasonable to withhold the money until Ukraine took actions against said corruption.

I don't buy it personally but I imagine it would sell well to the base.

They have 5 or 6 defenses floating around out there at the moment and that is one. The problem is that he only specifically mentioned Biden and the DNC server nonsense and the server thing is probably the dumbest conspiracy they could have come up with but I guess if you don't understand servers and have no idea at all of how digital forensics work then it sounds exciting.

They're also claiming that since it's Trump just being himself there's nothing wrong with it. Another is that since the quid pro quo failed its all good.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2019, 12:01 PM   #20149
JPhillips
General Manager

And SK announces they are developing new security ties with China.

So, so much winning.
Old 11-19-2019, 12:49 PM   #20150
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Quote:
And SK announces they are developing new security ties with China.

So, so much winning.

You are just missing the long game.

NFL players can't kneel for the flag if the United States ends up as a vassal state of China/Russia with no flag of its own.

Getting our ass kicked in foreign policy is simply another way to own the libs.
albionmoonlight is online now   Reply With Quote