Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 08-29-2019, 05:50 PM   #7051
Groundhog
Coordinator

I Am Mother - 8/10

Pretty darn good, if a little bit familiar - I got real 'Moon' vibes from this one. I missed a subtle little bit at the end that a colleague mentioned today which made me give it an extra point in hindsight.
Old 09-18-2019, 11:06 AM   #7052
Atocep
Pro Starter

Raiders!: The Story of the Greatest Fan Film Ever Made - 10/10

One of the most fascinating documentaries I've seen. The story of 10 year olds that decided to do a shot for shot remake of Raiders of the Lost Arc in 1982 and spent the next 7 years working on it. My wife kind of rolled her eyes when I threw this on as we were going to bed and we both stayed up after midnight to finish it.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2019, 11:18 AM   #7053
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atocep View Post

One of the most fascinating documentaries I've seen. The story of 10 year olds that decided to do a shot for shot remake of Raiders of the Lost Arc in 1982 and spent the next 7 years working on it. My wife kind of rolled her eyes when I threw this on as we were going to bed and we both stayed up after midnight to finish it.

is this on Netflix?
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2019, 11:20 AM   #7054
Atocep
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
is this on Netflix?

Yes
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2019, 11:59 AM   #7055
Edward64
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atocep View Post

I'll have to check it out, sounds promising!

(Has to be better than the Netflix Warfighter movie I saw last night)
Edward64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2019, 10:26 AM   #7056
Breeze
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward64 View Post
Shazam - 5/10

It was an okay movie, had some laughs and nice special effects but story didn't really draw me in.

$4 Prime rental, not one for my BR collection.

Watched this with the family last night, and I laughed a lot. I really enjoyed it. I'm don't watch movies often, so all I ask is to be entertained, and this definitely accomplished that.
Breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2019, 12:40 PM   #7057
Edward64
Pro Starter

Quote:

Saw this the other night. Entertaining but to think of their dedication ... craziness.
Old 09-23-2019, 04:17 PM   #7058
tarcone
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

It is fantastic.

FOFC 30 Dollar Challenge Champion-OOTP '15
tarcone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2019, 07:41 PM   #7059
Edward64
Pro Starter

John Wick 3 - 7.5/10

Solid movie, good action, more story building to the Wick world.

But not as good as 1 or 2 IMO. The gun & fight scenes did not seem as "crisp" as the prior movies.
Old 09-23-2019, 10:10 PM   #7060
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Hustlers. 8/10
This was surprising. I wasn't expecting it to be quite as good. Jlo was great as Ramona.
Old 09-23-2019, 11:18 PM   #7061
RendeR
Coordinator

Mortal Engines. 4/10

There was very little city on city fighting, and the entire story was too, how to put it, just...bland.

Acting was fairly solid, just not enough of....anything to make this worthwhile.
RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2019, 03:29 AM   #7062
robertvadra49
n00b

I would rate Hobbs & Shaw a 7 at max. Rock is owning the Hollywood in my eyes we all know what is expected of him yet we go all in.

https://watchseriesonline.live

Last edited by robertvadra49 : 10-01-2019 at 03:31 AM.
robertvadra49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2019, 09:29 AM   #7063
JediKooter
Coordinator

Rambo: Last Blood - 6/10 (Adjusted for Rambo Scale)

As far as Rambo movies go, this one isn't too bad. First Blood will always be the standard by which all other Rambo movies will be judged by, so, if you are expecting First Blood level quality, Last Blood doesn't quite get there. However, it's an entertaining movie and for an aging Rambo, it's a fitting end to his story that takes a little bit to get going and saves most of the ridiculousness for the last 3rd of the movie.

If you go in expecting anything higher brow, you will be disappointed, but, if you go in knowing that it's a Rambo movie, then I think you will enjoy the ride.

Coming this summer to a movie theater near you: The Adventures of Jedikooter: Part 4
JediKooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2019, 11:54 AM   #7064
Butter
Coordinator

So did people like It Chapter Two? I mostly didn't. Would probably give it a 4/10.
Old 10-02-2019, 12:19 PM   #7065
PilotMan
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butter View Post
So did people like It Chapter Two? I mostly didn't. Would probably give it a 4/10.

My kid, who is a horror buff, said it was too long, and too overdone. He said it was good enough, but just too... everything, basically.

Need an FOFC Alternative? Try the forum over in the FOFC Steam group.
Direct link to the group above or Google FOFConSteam.

FOFC Steam has group chat available at all times.

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2019, 03:27 PM   #7066
Edward64
Pro Starter

Spiderman - Far from Home: 8.5/10

Really fun movie with fantastic special effects. I didn't like suspending disbelief on the fantastical deception but hey, its a Marvel movie. They are on their third reboot and think they have it right this time.
Old 10-03-2019, 03:31 PM   #7067
NobodyHere
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediKooter View Post
Rambo: Last Blood - 6/10 (Adjusted for Rambo Scale)

As far as Rambo movies go, this one isn't too bad. First Blood will always be the standard by which all other Rambo movies will be judged by, so, if you are expecting First Blood level quality, Last Blood doesn't quite get there. However, it's an entertaining movie and for an aging Rambo, it's a fitting end to his story that takes a little bit to get going and saves most of the ridiculousness for the last 3rd of the movie.

If you go in expecting anything higher brow, you will be disappointed, but, if you go in knowing that it's a Rambo movie, then I think you will enjoy the ride.

How does it compare to the 4th movie?
Old 10-03-2019, 03:52 PM   #7068
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyHere View Post
How does it compare to the 4th movie?

I personally liked it better than Rambo 4. I liked that he 'brought the fight home', instead of being the outsider (though there was a bit of that in middle 3rd of the movie) and also to a degree, acknowledging his age. I also like how it showed that deep down, John Rambo just wants to do good and do the right thing, but, situations keep arising that don't fully allow him to do that and in this movie, one particular situation that is the catalyst for what he ends up doing. The actors that played the bad guys, were great. I hated their characters so they did their jobs, haha!

I will admit, it does start off a bit slow though, however by the end, I thought it was a good/decent bookend for the Rambo franchise.

Coming this summer to a movie theater near you: The Adventures of Jedikooter: Part 4
JediKooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2019, 08:04 PM   #7069
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Abominable 9/10- Absolutely beautiful movie. The animation is incredible and the story is deep and moving. while pretty straightforward, the tale itself is just lovely. The pacing is a bit slow. We had 4 kids with us, two 9 and two 6 and I thought they may be bored, but they all loved it. Just a well done movie.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 08:16 AM   #7070
revrew
Team Chaplain

Joker - 8/10

First off, let me say, I'm no comic book fanboy. I don't give a crap whether this film is proper "canon" for a Joker origin story or not. I've never watched animated Jokers, never read the comic books, so I just don't care.

Secondly, let me say that I think the most important element of a superhero film is the quality of the villain, and thus, IMO, "The Dark Knight" is the best superhero movie yet made.

And for fans of Dark Knight and Heath Ledger's performance, this film absolutely did it justice. I can totally see "Joker" as the origin story of Heath Ledger's portrayal. And "Joker" is much more like a Christopher Nolan film - dark and passionate and cerebral - than any MCU comic book movie. [Plus, Phoenix threw in a couple of homages to Ledger, including his stilted walk and a key line delivered in Ledger style].

The story itself and the directing of this film is what really shot it up the chart for me. Many people will ooh and ahh over Joaquin Phoenix's performance, which was very good and up to the difficult task before him (and that's a big compliment), but I was mesmerized by the music, the descent into madness, the completely believable formation of his twisted ethics that would make him into the iconic villain.

Loved this movie. When I give a film a 9 or a 10, it means I think it's "Best Picture" contender, so I have it an 8, the highest score I could that falls just short of that level. While I wouldn't be surprised to see it remembered come awards time, I do recognize a few flaws (mostly, a few places where the movie and/or Phoenix were trying a little TOO hard).
I came to the Crossroad. I took it. And that has made all the difference.
revrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 10:13 AM   #7071
Arles
Grey Dog Software

Joker - 5/10

I get why people really like this movie as it hits a lot of the film-critic notes, but it was more of a "meh" from me. Maybe this was part of the charm for some people, but everything that happened in the last 30-40 minutes was completely telegraphed early. Honestly, it came off to me as a less interesting knockoff of "The Machinist" (a movie I did really enjoy).

The only positive is that they kept the movie to just 2 hours. I could have seen them string this out to 2.5-3 hours - and then it would have been unbearable. Again, I'm sure I'm in the minority, but this just wasn't my cup of tea.

Last edited by Arles : 10-07-2019 at 10:14 AM.
Arles is offline   Reply With Quote