Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 12-20-2019, 10:07 AM   #5851
Thomkal
Head Coach

Towerfall:Ascension is the next free game at Epic's 12 days of Xmas. Never heard of it, appears to be a game to play with friends/family co-op combat game.
Old 12-20-2019, 12:44 PM   #5852
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob View Post
Also a coupon for $10 off a $15 purchase.

I had missed noticing this until just now. I got Outward which was part of the Christmas sale already for $6. You either have to purchase one of the games on sale or download one of the free ones to get the coupon automatically added to your account. $6 is likely the cheapest I'll find Outward for some time if not ever, so Epic wins Xmas for me right now
Old 12-20-2019, 01:03 PM   #5853
Warhammer
Pro Starter

Towerfall Ascention is a great game with a buddy. Just hope one isn’t significantly better than the other. It becomes frustrating then.
Warhammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2019, 01:12 PM   #5854
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobble View Post
Any thoughts on Disco Elysium, Sekiro, or how buggy Red Dead Redemption 2 really is?

This what I said when I finished Disco Elysium:
Quote:
I finished Disco Elysium in about 25 hours and I can definitely see people getting 30+ hours out of a single playthrough. Multiple playthroughs are going to be common as well.

The voice acting and dialogue are top notch. The story is solid. The gameplay is as polished as it can be. It's honestly difficult to find faults with the game without getting into personal preference as to what a game should be.

I played Torment: Tides of Numenera and I felt like I was just reading huge block of dialogue after huge block of dialogue. This game has zero combat and a massive amount of text, but the text is broken up and presented in such a way that I never felt the same way I did with ToN.

Easily one of my top 5 games of the year.

Sekiro is my favorite of the Souls games (I know it's not really a Souls game). If you enjoy the Souls series it's really difficult to find fault in the game.

I finished RDR2 on PC a few nights ago (I don't play RDR Online) and over the 75 hours I played I ran into 2 crashes, 1 bug that forced a reload, and a handful of texture errors. The texture errors were pretty minor. Overall the game is up there with Witcher 3 for me. The story is a slow burn but really heats up toward the end and the game does an outstanding job of getting everything right up to the start of RDR1.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2019, 07:18 PM   #5855
MIJB#19
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIJB#19 View Post
Finished the entire trilogy (Deponia: The Complete Journey). Until midway the third game it was awesome, then got a bit weird (trying to avoid spoilers), but still acceptable through the end. Started Deponia Doomsday shortly after, but this hasn't hooked me in the same way the trilogy did.

Despite the awesomeness (fun puzzles as very few that felt too out of the box, addictive storyline, I like the art, good dose of humor), yet I'm not quite sure I'll go in for another play. It took me about 30 hours in total. Once you know the solution to the puzzles it'll be faster, but I'm not sure yet what the replay value is here.
Finished Doomsday tonight. The time travel theme turned and twisted into being funnier than it initially felt at the start of the game. As a result, it had to grow on me quite a bit, but eventually it felt like a 'Deponia' game (it will be a spoiler if I say I felt it was a true 4th chapter or not). It also had a couple of hilarious references to childhood memories of the 90s and 80s. Just some little pieces that added to the joy.
MIJB#19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2019, 03:04 PM   #5856
PilotMan
Head Coach

All in all, a very vanilla Steam Holiday sale season. I still have plans for a few purchases, but by and large, it's minimal. I can't get excited about emoticons and backgrounds as rewards.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2019, 06:49 AM   #5857
Fidatelo
Pro Starter

I was cruising along with the quests, mostly because I like checking off lists, but this most recent one put an end to it. I have to voice chat with a friend to get a stupid badge? Really? No thanks. What the hell steam, just focus on the games.
"Breakfast? Breakfast schmekfast, look at the score for God's sake. It's only the second period and I'm winning 12-2. Breakfasts come and go, Rene, but Hartford, the Whale, they only beat Vancouver maybe once or twice in a lifetime."
Fidatelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2019, 12:38 PM   #5858
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fidatelo View Post
I was cruising along with the quests, mostly because I like checking off lists, but this most recent one put an end to it. I have to voice chat with a friend to get a stupid badge? Really? No thanks. What the hell steam, just focus on the games.

Today was group voice chat. I just plugged into the FOFC group chat, opened up voice, let it stay connected about 5 seconds, and got the check mark. That's all I did for the voice too. But that part helps having kids with their own accounts. Hit me up, I'll get you the checkmark if I'm around.

Like Steam?

Old 12-28-2019, 10:45 AM   #5859
spleen1015
Coordinator

There is a Civ 6 bundle on sale right now, Platinum Edition. Steam will only give me the option to purchase as a gift. I already have Civ 6 but I don't have either expansion or the other DLC.

What happens to the copy of Civ 6 in this bundle if I buy as a gift and gift it to myself?
Old 12-28-2019, 12:24 PM   #5860
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by spleen1015 View Post
There is a Civ 6 bundle on sale right now, Platinum Edition. Steam will only give me the option to purchase as a gift. I already have Civ 6 but I don't have either expansion or the other DLC.

What happens to the copy of Civ 6 in this bundle if I buy as a gift and gift it to myself?

I think you might have to contact Steam on this one since you already have it, but want the expansions/DLC's.
Old 12-28-2019, 05:15 PM   #5861
Capital
High School Varsity

Anyone play Star Wars Fallen Order on the PC? Thinking about getting this one since it's on sale.
Capital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2019, 11:36 AM   #5862
PilotMan
Head Coach

This year's holiday sale game is really just a tutorial on how to use Steam. That's so fucking sad, but at least it's something and it's sad that I even said that it's something

Like Steam?

Old 12-29-2019, 12:35 PM   #5863
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capital View Post
Anyone play Star Wars Fallen Order on the PC? Thinking about getting this one since it's on sale.

Reviews I've read said it was good but no re-playability value so I'll pass.
Edward64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2019, 01:03 PM   #5864
Thomkal
Head Coach

Tower of Time, a real-time combat RPG is free for about the next day or so at Gog.com
Old 12-31-2019, 10:13 AM   #5865
Thomkal
Head Coach

Doom, the 2016 version and 3 DLC's are on sale for $5+ from Fanatical
Old 12-31-2019, 04:10 PM   #5866
Thomkal
Head Coach

So I stumbled on to a game today in one of my Reddit groups-this one for roguelikes, and at first glance it looks intriguing. Its called The Red Prison and its free and in early access on Steam. Someone asked if there was a roguelike like Angband or Nethack that uses Dungeons and Dragons rules (I think the current ones) and character races/classes etc. and this was suggested.

It has a lot of character creation choices to make (specializations, etc) and then at the end of it, you are given a certain number of points to make your own party. These act on their own depending on their class when encountering monsters in the dungeons.

Just barely had a look at the game, but hey its free and looks like it could be worth playing.
Old 01-09-2020, 01:27 PM   #5867
Thomkal
Head Coach

Headsnatchers, a looks like Japan or Korean arcade game with "cutesy" monsters and artwork where you snatch heads to help you escape each level, is free over at Humble games
Old 01-16-2020, 06:44 PM   #5868
Thomkal
Head Coach

Over at Humble they are having a special 1-week only bundle of games for Australian Fire Relief Efforts-pay $25 and get more than $400 worth of games. A few recognizable ones, a lot not. Hands of Fate 2 probably the most well known:

https://www.humblebundle.com/games/a...ent=cta_button
Old 01-16-2020, 07:52 PM   #5869
Warhammer
Pro Starter

Void Bastards and Hollow Knight got a lot of press as well.
Old 01-16-2020, 08:06 PM   #5870
Radii
Head Coach

Machinarium is a lovely little puzzle game on that list.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2020, 02:51 PM   #5871
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Crying Suns has been quite fun so far.
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2020, 03:12 PM   #5872
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

A bundle for anyone who still needs to get Europa 4

https://www.humblebundle.com/games/e...m_content=logo

I'll check it out to see how many add ons I need.

Last edited by NobodyHere : 01-21-2020 at 03:13 PM.
NobodyHere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2020, 08:57 AM   #5873
Thomkal
Head Coach

A bit of interesting news on the Half-Life front. In anticipation of the new Half-Life game due out in March, Steam is offering all the Half Life games for free FOR THE NEXT TWO MONTHS. The link in this article should take you to a Steam page where you can download them:

PSA: Play Every (Current) Half-Life Game For Free Over The Next Two Months - MMO Bomb
Old 01-23-2020, 02:12 PM   #5874
Thomkal
Head Coach

Steam's Lunar New Year Sale has started. Their token generating experience revolves around that. Each day open a new red envelope and get a gift as well as a part of a history of the Chinese Zodiac. You get a whopping 100 tokens in the first envelope. Woohoo
Old 01-23-2020, 02:21 PM   #5875
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Frostpunk on Steam is $11.99 (60% off) til 1p Jan 27
Witcher 3 GOTY edition is $14.99 (70% off) til Jan 27

Mentioning mostly cause both games have been discussed here recently and might be a catchup purchase for someone
Old 01-23-2020, 02:22 PM   #5876
RainMaker
General Manager

Bought Witcher 3. Time for another playthrough. First one was on PS4.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2020, 01:04 PM   #5877
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Having a ton of fun still with slay the spire. Just finished level 20 ascension with the defect and beat the heart with the Ironclad and am on level 5 ascension with him. The replayability of this game is off the charts
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2020, 07:17 PM   #5878
Atocep
Coordinator

Few things:

The Outer Worlds is a game I really wanted to like, but just couldn't. It's a good game (86 metacritic), it's well designed, the story is solid, but the worlds feel empty. It's not a AAA game and Obsidian tried to temper expectations, but I went from RDR2 into it and I couldn't get over how the world just didn't feel "alive" at all.

Hades is fantastic Rogue-like dungeon crawler. It's early access, but feels like a finished game. The polish is top-notch, the voice acting solid, the story surprisingly decent for a rogue-like. It's difficult and you're going to die a lot.

Frostpunk is the best game that's hard to play. Not in terms of difficulty, but I feel like I could use some therapy after each session. Great game, but choosing the best of 2 evils wears on you over time.

I really wish I could go back into Witcher 3 fresh. Hopefully, CDProjekt renewing its contract with Sapkowski means we're getting a Ciri game or something else new from the Witcher universe somewhat soon-ish.
Old 01-24-2020, 07:53 PM   #5879
Warhammer
Pro Starter

Agreed with regards to Hades, very well done and still a lot of content to come.
Old 01-26-2020, 01:43 PM   #5880
Thomkal
Head Coach

Pathfinder: Kingmaker-Explorer Edition at the lowest price $14.99 at Fanatical for the next 40 hours or so.
Old 01-27-2020, 12:48 PM   #5881
Thomkal
Head Coach

Torchlight Frontiers the MMO has now become Torchlight III and will be available on Steam:

Torchlight Frontiers is now Torchlight 3, will release on Steam | PC Gamer

Last edited by Thomkal : 01-27-2020 at 12:48 PM.
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2020, 01:34 PM   #5882
Izulde
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atocep View Post
Few things:

The Outer Worlds is a game I really wanted to like, but just couldn't. It's a good game (86 metacritic), it's well designed, the story is solid, but the worlds feel empty. It's not a AAA game and Obsidian tried to temper expectations, but I went from RDR2 into it and I couldn't get over how the world just didn't feel "alive" at all.

Yep. It just feels empty and soulless. Before I quit playing, I was like objectively this is a good game in many respects. But it lacks the vitality and energy to make it feel like an engaging experience. It very much had the feel of moving from set piece to set piece without a framing that would support an episodic, individually fenced off quality and feeling.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2020, 10:44 PM   #5883
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhammer View Post
Agreed with regards to Hades, very well done and still a lot of content to come.

It's quickly moving up the list of best games I've played over the past year. It's far deeper than it initially feels, the voice acting is top notch, and the story is way better than any other rogue-like I can remember playing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izulde View Post
Yep. It just feels empty and soulless. Before I quit playing, I was like objectively this is a good game in many respects. But it lacks the vitality and energy to make it feel like an engaging experience. It very much had the feel of moving from set piece to set piece without a framing that would support an episodic, individually fenced off quality and feeling.

It seems like they struggled making the jump from Isometric RPGs back into a fully 3D world like New Vegas. They were also lacking Bethesda's resources. Pillars 1 and 2 and (IMO) the underrated Tyranny are great games but the Outer Worlds felt like a collection of good parts that just don't add up to a great experience because it's missing the crucial things that make a 3D world believable.

Hopefully, Microsoft money gives them the resources they need. Grounded looks like an interesting game that's due out later this year and an Outer Worlds game with true open world gameplay in a dynamic and believable universe has the potential to be amazing.
Old 01-29-2020, 12:11 PM   #5884
Thomkal
Head Coach

Missed this when looking at Lunar New Year sales-Grim Dawn is $5 at Gog.com right now. Not sure how long the sale lasts, but seems like a steal to me.
Old 01-29-2020, 05:23 PM   #5885
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyHere View Post
A bundle for anyone who still needs to get Europa 4

https://www.humblebundle.com/games/e...m_content=logo

I'll check it out to see how many add ons I need.

5 days left to get EU4 plus a crap load of DLC for $17
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2020, 01:35 PM   #5886
Thomkal
Head Coach

Humble Bundle has a "SweetFarm" Bundle-a charity that helps farm animals. There are six lower tier games that I've mostly never heard of but in top tier for $10 you get Stardew Valley which is a steal for that price.
Old 02-07-2020, 02:33 PM   #5887
Thomkal
Head Coach

So if you've been considering subscribing to Humble Choice, their monthly subscription program where you can get three (with Choice Lite) for $15 or Humble Premium for $20 I think where you can get and keep 9 of the 10 (this month), now may be the time to try it. There is a third cheaper option I think where you don't get to keep any of the games just play them for free for the month (feel free to correct me if I wrong here)

The two big names this month are FrostPunk (with a DLC) and Pathfinder: Kingmaker-Explorer's Edition. "Lesser lights" that could be an interesting third choice if you go the Lite route are Book of Demons and Cryofall. $15 for two games individually that are just now starting to be discounted to this price level recently, plus a third game seems like a good deal to me. I don't have to cancel my subscription until late March so very worth it.

Steam Store is a bit wonky right now so you might have a bit of a problem buying them, but not having a problem downloading them right now. You will have to activate the Frostpunk DLC seperately if you buy the main game

Last edited by Thomkal : 02-07-2020 at 02:46 PM.
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2020, 10:14 AM   #5888
Thomkal
Head Coach

Far Cry 5 at maybe its lowest price ever-$12 at Fanatical. You must be able to connect through Ubi Soft NOT Steam for this one.
Old 02-10-2020, 01:37 PM   #5889
Thomkal
Head Coach

Green Man Gaming has a Hearts of Iron 4 mystery Bundle-Get the Cadet Edition and two mystery games for $3.50. No clue on what the mystery games are.
Old 02-12-2020, 10:18 PM   #5890
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atocep View Post
Few things:

I think in my old age, I really appreciate a game like The Outer Worlds. In fact, it's the only non sports game I have that I keep finding time to play time and time again.

It's more of a laid back game, easy to figure out what you're supposed to do and I find the world beautiful and engaging. I love you can have companions go along with you as well as the choices you make have a risk/reward and good and bad outcomes. So far the characters are memorable to me.

Modifying stuff is straight forward, combat is fun, etc. It's a fantastic game and all parts of it have been a pleasure so far.
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2020, 01:33 PM   #5891
Thomkal
Head Coach

I'm seeing a lot of Age of Wonders:Planetfall sales this week for around 50% off ($24). Might be a good deal at that price.
Old 02-18-2020, 03:53 PM   #5892
Thomkal
Head Coach

Humble has a Digital Tabletop Board game bundle with Slay the Spire for $10 right now. That will also get you some decent games in For The King, Terraforming Mars, and Armello and some I've never heard of in the Lower Tier.
Old 02-18-2020, 03:55 PM   #5893
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
I'm seeing a lot of Age of Wonders:Planetfall sales this week for around 50% off ($24). Might be a good deal at that price.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
Humble has a Digital Tabletop Board game bundle with Slay the Spire for $10 right now. That will also get you some decent games in For The King, Terraforming Mars, and Armello and some I've never heard of in the Lower Tier.

My poor aching wallet...
Old 02-18-2020, 04:02 PM   #5894
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
My poor aching wallet...

That is my goal in life now...to drain everyone's wallet
Old 02-18-2020, 04:04 PM   #5895
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
My poor aching wallet...

Fanatical might be slightly cheaper if you were looking to get Age of Wonders
Old 02-18-2020, 04:29 PM   #5896
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Not steam related, but wife and I purchased an original, in the box NES and about 10 games. Rush n'attack, Pitfall 2, ice hockey, kings of the beach, zelda, baseball stars, donkey kong, tetris, and arkinoid.

I love baseball stars. Forgot how fun it was creating your own team, naming players, then earning money to make them better. I spent all day today playing it.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2020, 05:15 PM   #5897
spleen1015
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
Not steam related, but wife and I purchased an original, in the box NES and about 10 games. Rush n'attack, Pitfall 2, ice hockey, kings of the beach, zelda, baseball stars, donkey kong, tetris, and arkinoid.

I love baseball stars. Forgot how fun it was creating your own team, naming players, then earning money to make them better. I spent all day today playing it.

WHAT IS A WREN?
Old 02-26-2020, 10:49 AM   #5898
Thomkal
Head Coach

ARK: Survival Evolved at perhaps its cheapest price, 80% off for $10 through March 9 on Steam.
Old 02-27-2020, 04:51 PM   #5899
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Finally!! Master of Magic has gotten an expansion 25 years after release (I feel old)

Master of Magic: Caster of Magic on Steam

I'll probably play it for nostalgia's sake.
Old 02-27-2020, 07:08 PM   #5900
Thomkal
Head Coach

Neat Find there NH! Wasn't even aware that Master of Magic was on Steam. I have added them to my ever growing wish-list.