Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-24-2004, 07:50 AM   #51
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

2010 PLAYOFFS--Part 2

CONFERENCE SEMIFINALS

Atlanta at Minnesota
MINNESOTA OVERVIEW
This is a case of the upstart versus the establishment. The Vikings have the third-best all-time record in the league at 69-43 (.616). The won their third division title in six years with a 13-3 record. There's no secret to their success this year. Look no farther than QB Austin Crawford. Crawford threw for 3,719 yards, 29 TD's and only 9 INT's, giving him a 102.3 QB Rating for the year. He's questionable with a broken hand today, but I'm pretty sure that he'll play. Crawford spread the ball around quite a bit this year, as no one got over 66 catches. His main threat was SE Harris Joyner, who had 55 catches for 908 yards. His possession receiver was RB Glen Woodson, who had 66 catches for 553 yards to go along with his 1,230 yards rushing. Woodson only average 3.34 yards per carry, but had 12 TD's for the season. The Viking defense wasn't all that special, save for one thing: caused 31 turnovers, 2nd-best overall.

ATLANTA INJURY REPORT
TE Malfara will be back in action this week, as he's listed as Probable. FL Schafer is questionable, and returns as well, because Gilbert Boyer is going to have to sit out this week with a minor injury.

GAME REPORT
The Vikings took possession after the opening kickoff and promptly marched 80 yards in 14 plays. Woodson had 8 carries, including the 8-yard TD to finish off the drive, for 26 yards, and caught one pass for 18 yards. Sammie Farrell returned the ensuing kickoff 63 yards, though, and we started from the Vikings' 31. Schafer immediately made his presence felt in his return, going over the middle to snag a 12-yard completion. On the next series of downs, Tamm avoided double coverage and hit FB Keys to set up first and goal from the seven. On 2nd and goal, Tamm found Malfara for the 7 yard TD, and the score was tied. We then exchanged punts. The first quarter ended with Minnesota having a first and 10 on their own 42.

The Vikings continue to move the ball on that drive as the second quarter begin, and after 10 plays they found the end zone once again, this time on a 3-yard TD pass with 11:52 to play in the half, and they led 14-7. Two first downs on the next possession moved us into Viking territory, but we stalled at the 43, and punted into the end zone. Minnesota appeared to be on the move again, but a big sack by Doug Cochrane stalled them out around midfield. After the punt, we took over on our own 14 with 6:06 to play. We moved the ball well on the next possession, and got as close as the Viking 38 before an offensive holding penalty really hurt the drive. The punt resulted in another touchback, and the Vikings were content to run out the clock and end the half with a 14-7 lead.

The opening possession of the third quarter saw us move quickly down to the Minnesota 16. The key play was a Van Lanen 29-yard carry, but another big holding penalty hurt us, and we got no closer than the 15. We hit a 32-yard field goal, and it was 14-10 with 9:20 to play in the 3rd quarter. Minnesota answered with another long, slow drive. This one was 14 plays, 67 yards, and resulted in a field goal to make it 17-10 with 2:02 to go in the quarter. The 3rd quarter ended with Van Lanen carrying 6 yards to make it 2nd and 4 on our own 31.

The rest of that drive proved that we could do our own slow, methodical, ball-control drive. After a total of EIGHTEEN plays, Everett hit a 42-yard field goal to cut the lead back to 4 at 17-13 with 10:47 to play. We then caught a HUGE break. Woodson took off for an apparent 70-yard TD run on the third play of the next drive, but the Vikes were flagged for offensive holding on the play, making it first and 20. FS Colon made ANOTHER big playoff play, picking off the Crawford pass and returning it to the Viking 30-yard line. The Vikings then made another critical mistake on 3rd and 1 from the 21 by jumping offsides, giving us a 1st and 10 on the 16. Three more plays gave us first and goal on the 4, and backup RB Raymond Edmondson took a draw play for the 4-yard, go-ahead TD. We led 20-17 with 6:44 to play in the football game. The Vikings, however, would not go down without a fight. They moved the ball down to our 31 yard line in 8 plays, but DE's Floyd Andrews and Doug Cochrane collapsed the pocket and came up with the big 3rd and 7 sack. The Vikes then hit a 53-yard field goal to tie things up with 2:19 to play, and it was time to test Tamm's skill at engineering a late drive. He did not impress. After three plays, we had to punt it away, giving the Vikings the ball at their own 30 with 1:27 to play, and a chance to drive for the game-winning field goal. However, the defense came up huge once again. CB Mitch Carter intercepted a Crawford long ball down at our 30, and took it back 7 yards to the 37, and we had one more shot with 1:07 to play. Tamm hit keys for four yards, then Farrell for 12 yards and a time out, giving us 1st and 10 at the Viking 47. After Farrell dropped a pass on first down, Tamm found Brenden Schafer, coming back early from his injury, for a 24 yard pass, and Schafer shook the defender and took it the final 23 yards for the game-winning TD with 31 seconds to play to put us in the Super Bowl!!!

Tamm was 19 for 33 for 184 yards with 2 TD's and 0 INT's. Van Lanen rushed for 92 yards for us. Although the Vikings outgained us and won the time of possession battle, the two turnovers were critical. Crawford was 23 for 34 for 262 yards with a TD, but the 2 INT's he threw ultimately cost them the game.

Ben E Lou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2004, 08:38 AM   #52
Ben E Lou

2010 FRONT OFFICE BOWL

CONTRACT EXTENSIONS

I need to do these before the big game...

TE Kenny Malfara--gets two additional years.

SS Winston Giangrave--Had PC Pct over 20 for the first time this year, and gets a nice contract as a reward. It'll cost us an average of $2.5M in 2011 and 2012.

SE Aaron Zaiser--Had a serious injury, but I'd rather risk the $2M per year in cap cost to avoid having him hit the open market. I sign him.

FB Darnell Keys--Has been a critical part of our offense for four seasons now. He gets two more years.

LT Pete Wayne--I believe in keeping the left tackle around if he performs well. He gets four more years at an average of $6M per year.

SE Sammie Farrell--Breakout player, ratings-wise. The former undrafted FA gets the extension.

LDT Dixon Mahoney--Another undrafted free agent who has contributed tremendously. He gets three additional years.

FL Brenden Schafer--Clutch performing guy with high big-play receiving numbers gets a $4M-per year extension.

Oakland (14-4) vs. Atlanta (14-4)

OAKLAND OVERVIEW
Oakland is THE marquee team of the NFL right now. They've been to the playoffs in all 7 seasons of the league, winning their division 6 times. They've been to the Super Bowl twice, and are defending champs after a convincing 31-13 win last year. They humbled New England 31-3 last week in the AFC Championship. Their marquee player is QB Grady Cusano. He has a lifetime 94.9 QB rating in seven seasons (all with Oakland). However, Cusano has missed most of the year with Plantar Fascitis. He is listed as Questionable for this week. Hmmmmm... With the #1 QB being hurt most of the year, the Raiders led the NFL in rushing attempts, with 514.Their defense has been most impressive this year: 3rd against the rush, 2nd in scoring, and 1st against 3rd down conversions. In Cusano's absence, Dustin Banks has been the most impressive starter, throwing for a 100.5 QB rating in 6 starts. Andrew Grayson has started 7 games, and has an 89.5 QB rating. RB Mickey Gaylor carried for 1,119 yards with a 3.62 ypc on the year, and five different receivers caught 40+ passes, with no one catching over 58.

TUCKER INJURY REPORT
TE Malfara managed to re-injure his calf last week, and will miss this one along with RDE Ray Antel, who suffered a serious injury last week: ruptured achilles tendon.

GAME REPORT
On our first drive, we went backwards, thanks to an offensive holding penalty on the game's first play, followed by a false start 2 plays later. We punted away to Oakland, who took over on their 42. We got an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty to give them a first downin our territory, but a Josh Pierre sack followed by a Kris Colon INT (Is that guy clutch, or what?) gave us the football right around midfield. Two play later, Tamm found Farrell for a 47-yard TD, and we led 7-0 with 3 and a half minutes gone. The rest of the first quarter was a battle of defense and field position. Oakland broke through for a FG late in the quarter to make it 7-3.

We answered midway through the second quarter with another field goal to make it 10-3, and kicked another late to make it 13-3. Most of the quarter was spent punting back and forth.

The third quarter was a lot like the second, except that no one score. It was defense/field position/punt battle. The quarter ended with Oakland on their own 39, first and 10.

On the very first play of the fourth quarter, lightning struck. Dustin Banks completed a 61-yard TD pass, and just like that it was 13-10 with nearly a quarter to play. After three straight 3-and-out possessions, 2 by us and one by them, Oakland took over with 10:32 to play with good field position on our 46. They got one first down on a 16-yard completion, then hit the game-tying 42-yard FG with 8:28 to play. From their, each offense got only one more first down, and regulation ended with neither team moving past their own 40-yard-line the rest of the way.

In overtime, we won the toss and elected to receive. Typical to the way this game was going, we immediately lost 9 yards on 2 sacks, and had to punt from deep in our own territory. Oakland took over on their own 45, moved the ball 33 yards in 9 plays, and hit the game-winning 39-yard field goal to win their second straight title.

All in all, I can't complain. We went MUCH farther than I would have ever expected us to go. Hardy Tamm, a former 1(15) pick who had been discarded onto the scrap heap with only 2 career starts before this year, proved that he can be a winner.
Old 11-24-2004, 10:51 AM   #53
jbmagic
Pro Starter

skydog

nice season

that very impressive getting to the superbowl in 6 years wow..

do you do your own depth chart and gameplans before each game you sim?

Last edited by jbmagic : 11-24-2004 at 10:53 AM.
jbmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2004, 12:55 PM   #54
Warhammer
Pro Starter

That is certainly encouraging to see you make it to the Super Bowl and lose to the computer's two time defending champs.
Warhammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2004, 05:16 AM   #55
Ben E Lou

2011 PRELIMINARIES

ATLANTA RETIREMENTS

MLB Andre Davison decides to hang 'em up after six years. He was our 4(5) pick in 2005, and was an immediate starter. He was our starting MLB for 4 1/2 years. Injured in 2009, he only played half of that season, and last year his playing time was severely limited due to the drafting of 1st-round stud MLB Josh Pierre. Rather than wait for free agency or ride the pine, Davison calls it quits.

My Head Coach and Scout both had their contracts run out. My scout got too expensive, but my Head Coach stays. The update:

HEAD COACH:Scottie Hinkle

Salary: $4.94M

Record: 25-25-1

Playoffs: 1

Bowl Wins: 0

MOTIVATION: Fair

DISCIPLINE: Good

OFFENSIVE PLAYCALLING: Good

DEFENSIVE PLAYCALLING: Very Good

INJURY AVOIDANCE: Very Good

OFFENSIVE COORDINATOR:Jackie Walton

SALARY: $4.8M

RECORD: 63-57

QUARTERBACKS: Very Good

RUNNING BACKS: Good

RECEIVERS: Very Good

OFFENSIVE LINEMEN: Average

KICKERS/PUNTERS: Excellent

YOUNG TALENT: Very Good

DEFENSIVE COORDINATOR: Henry Michalewicz

SALARY: $4.25M

RECORD: 55-60-1

KICKERS/PUNTERS: Very Good

DEFENSIVE LINEMEN: Good

LINEBACKERS: Good

SECONDARY: Excellent

LEAD SCOUT:Robbie Clayton *NEW*

Salary: $390,000

RECORD: 0-0

QUARTERBACKS: Good

RUNNING BACKS: Average

RECEIVERS: Average

OFFENSIVE LINEMEN: Good

KICKERS: Average

LINEBACKERS: Fair

SECONDARY: Good

Old 11-25-2004, 06:41 AM   #56
randal7
H.S. Freshman Team

Very good so far. Have you encountered any more effects from your team's profit margin?
randal7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2004, 07:00 AM   #57
Ben E Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by randal7
Have you encountered any more effects from your team's profit margin?
Not yet, but I haven't been pushing the envelope yet financially. I have yet to sign a big-ticket free agent, or have anyone under a huge contract. I haven't approached the cap yet. QB Schwartz would have asked for and received big bucks if he hadn't gotten injured. Because I didn't have a first-rounder the next two seasons after drafting him, I didn't get any other potential "marquee" players until SE Boyer in 2008, and he dropped in ratings, (although I wouldn't classify him as a full-fledged bust). Point being, I haven't had to attempt to put out top dollar contracts to multiple players yet. That will change, I'm sure, in the next few seasons. My draftees will start expecting big contracts soon, and we'll see what happens.
Old 11-26-2004, 06:42 AM   #58
Ben E Lou

2011 ROSTER SHAPING

BEGINNING CAP SITUATION
SALARY CAP: $136.6M
ROOM UNDER CAP: $43.37M
MAX FOR NEW PLAYER: $37.91M

INJURY UPDATES FROM LAST SEASON
Four guys are still listed as Out, and their ratings haven't dropped much...yet: RT Jackie Finley (18wks), QB Donny Schwartz (13), RDE Ray Antel (9), RCB Amos Baumgartner (7). Schwartz and Finley dropped one point each in future potential so far.

C Carlos McCormick dropped 23 points to 49/50.

SE Aaron Zaiser dropped 31 points to 35/35.

LCB Joel Franz only dropped one point.

RDT Bernie Sweat didn't drop at all.

RCB Roger Whitfield now looks basically useless at 24/24.

FRANCHISE PLAYER
K Dexter Everett gets the tag.

KEY RESTRICTED PLAYERS
Those who are underlined are re-signed...
P Steve Wilton--He's been quite good, and gets a long-term extension.

FREE AGENCY
POSITIONS I'D LIKE TO FILL/UPGRADE: RB, RT, RDT, WLB, CB (nickel)

SIGNINGS

WLB Wes Henry--7.0--4yrs/$32M--This 5th-year man becomes my first marquee free agent. He's pretty much an all-around stud, and racked up 81 tackles and 21 assists in San Diego last year. The Chargers have lost over $140M in each of the last four seasons. I'm guessing that has something to do with Henry being on the open market. The Chargers are a franchise in complete disarray, actually. They have a 30-81-1 lifetime record, good for a .272 winning percentage--the only team worse than my Empty Cupboard team. To put it in perspective, the next-worst team besides us is Carolina, and they're at .392, but have been at .500 over the last two seasons. Good to see one truly terrible team (SD) and one stellar franchise (Oakland) both being run by the AI.

RB Blake Van Lanen--4.2--3yrs/$5.1M--He's been decent, not great, at RB for us. No better option available to us.

RDT Bernie Sweat--5.1--2yrs/$4.2M--Same story as Van Lanen. Best available option.

RCB Kevin Thomason--5.1--3yrs/$6.48M--He'll probably start at RCB, and push Spencer Carlton to the nickel back.

RT Donnell Murray--4.8--3yrs/$6.30M--He was decent, but nothing special in his three years with Minnesota.
TE Conrad Fulton--4.8--2yrs/$2.10M--Excellent run-blocker. Will be the backup TE, and should help out a lot in short yardage situations.

AMATEUR DRAFT

PICKS
I have the 31st pick in Rounds 1-7.

NEEDS
The only position I filled for the long-term in free agency was WLB, so the other positions hold as needs.

There were four RB's who were 1st-round worthy in my estimation, and the third one went with the 1(22) pick, so just to be sure I got my man, I traded up to 1(24) with Tennessee. I had to give up 1(31) and 4(31) to get Kenyon Daniels, but here's hoping he's worth it. Here's the draft in its entirety.

POS

NAME

CUR

FUT

VOL

SOL

BP

AGI

COMMENTS

Cur2

Fut2

1(24)

RB Kenyon Daniels

BIg ol' 233-pounder with pretty good speed and great strength/smarts.

2(31)

RT Jake Bishop

Very intriguing-looking grey/blue bars.

3(31)

FL Hugh Wickson

Dumb as dirt, but look at that speed, strength and agility!

5(31)

RCB Devin Withers

Another guy with an outstanding combine performance

6(31)

LG Leo Jones

Good bars, and quite strong.

7(31)

LDE Freddie Cox

Not much left...

Several guys dropped in points immediately. Not good.

DRAFT GRADE: B

LATE FREE AGENCY
No significant signings, unless you count getting a former Falcon, LDT Corwin Barrett, back into the fold as a backup.

TRAINING CAMP
INCREASES OF NOTE
C Carlos McCormick, who lost points down to 49/50 after his injury, is back up to 64/64.

7(31) pick LDE Freddie Cox has a big ol' jump to 33/56!

No shocker that 5(31) pick RCB Devin Withers is better than advertised. He's up to 27/43 after camp

DECREASES OF NOTE
2(31) pick RT Jake Bishop has lost 9 points overall, and is down to 16/40.

Last edited by Ben E Lou : 11-26-2004 at 06:51 AM.
Old 11-26-2004, 07:07 AM   #59
Ben E Lou

2011 POST-CAMP ROSTER

(I loaded my universe onto my laptop for the Thanksgiving trip, but forget to load up the old change tracker data, so I only have the numbers from this year to work with until Saturday afternoon, when I'm back in the T-U-C.)

NamePos2011 Current2011 Future
Becker, BoQB937
Jansen, ButchQB1734
Schwartz, DonnyQB4652
Tamm, HardyQB5253
Wolfe, KirkQB1649
Daniels, KenyonRB4253
Giles, AndyRB3847
Zessin, RickeyRB2327
Keys, DarnellFB6465
Maxwell, TracyFB3737
Fulton, ConradTE4850
Jamison, ClarenceTE2837
Malfara, KennyTE7373
Boyer, GilbertFL4851
Ingram, CarltonFL2134
Schafer, BrendenFL5252
Wickson, HughFL2640
Farrell, SammieSE6161
Zaiser, AaronSE3636
Hernandez, PerryC5064
McCormick, CarlosC6464
Monroe, AaronC1736
Jones, LeoLG1836
Mayes, HarryLG6363
Taylor, DamonRG3939
Weber, NickRG4044
Wayne, PeteLT6464
Bishop, JakeRT1640
Finley, JackieRT3137
Fragomeni, EddieRT2138
Lane, MauriceRT4445
Murray, DonnellRT4848
Everett, DexterK8989
Wilton, SteveP6467
Cochrane, DougLDE5153
Cox, FreddieLDE3356
Barrett, CorwinLDT3944
Hogg, JayLDT2435
Mahoney, DixonLDT5657
Sweat, BernieRDT4851
Zabriskie, RicardoRDT3737
Andrews, FloydRDE4750
Antel, RayRDE5775
Grubbs, QuicksilverRDE3939
Middleton, JeffreySLB4550
Brandon, NorbertMLB4753
Pierre, JoshMLB5471
Damon, JoeyWLB2451
Henry, WesWLB6771
Kirk, KyleWLB4646
Carlton, SpencerLCB4560
Carter, MitchLCB5261
Hallock, HarveyLCB4346
Thomason, KevinRCB4852
Withers, DevinRCB2743
Giangrave, WinstonSS6469
Register, NickySS3751
Colon, KrisFS6969
Matthews, AnthonyFS2644

Old 11-26-2004, 07:35 AM   #60
Ben E Lou

2011 PRESEASON/FINAL CUTS/OUTLOOK

PRESEASON INJURIES OF NOTE
In the final week of preseason, LCB Mitch Carter was injured and had to have surgery on his ACL. He'll miss the entire year.

FINAL CUTS
QB Bo Becker

TE Clarence Jamison

LG Leo Jones

RT Eddie Fragomeni

REGULAR SEASON OUTLOOK

POWER RATING: 68. 5th-best in NFC.
ROSTER: 63.

We look like the best team in our division, so another division title is definitely the goal.
Old 11-26-2004, 12:03 PM   #61
Ben E Lou

2011 REGULAR SEASON

2011 Regular Season (10-6)

Passing

Rushing

Receiving

Attendance

Week 1

at New Orleans Saints

H.Tamm 18-29-255

K.Daniels 18-124

S.Farrell 6-79

Week 2

Houston Texans

H.Tamm 17-28-222

K.Daniels 15-74

S.Farrell 6-117

Week 3

at Dallas Cowboys

K.Wolfe 19-41-183

D.Keys 7-34

S.Farrell 6-85

Week 4

Tampa Bay Bucs

H.Tamm 15-34-177

B.Van Lanen 12-70

B.Schafer 5-63

Week 5

at Carolina Panthers

H.Tamm 20-28-213

B.Van Lanen 3-60

S.Farrell 3-60

Week 6

Minnesota Vikings

H.Tamm 17-27-156

K.Daniels 17-50

D.Keys 8-64

Week 7

at Green Bay Packers

H.Tamm 20-38-241

K.Daniels 9-49

S.Farrell 4-94

Week 8

Detroit Lions

H.Tamm 21-28-282

K.Daniels 26-109

B.Schafer 4-126

Week 9

at Chicago Bears

H.Tamm 16-27-203

K.Daniels 15-66

S.Farrell 7-102

Week 10

New Orleans Saints

H.Tamm 19-32-214

K.Daniels 19-95

S.Farrell 6-73

Week 11

Bye Week

Week 12

Tennessee Titans

D.Schwartz 21-32-242

K.Daniels 20-91

S.Farrell 7-74

Week 13

Arizona Cardinals

D.Schwartz 19-29-275

K.Daniels 16-43

S.Farrell 11-194

Week 14

at Jacksonville Jaguars

D.Schwartz 23-34-241

B.Van Lanen 20-85

S.Farrell 6-60

Week 15

Carolina Panthers

D.Schwartz 14-25-118

B.Van Lanen 15-83

B.Schafer 4-38

Week 16

at Indianapolis Colts

D.Schwartz 25-35-296

B.Van Lanen 23-126

S.Farrell 10-138

Week 17

at Tampa Bay Bucs

D.Schwartz 27-48-286

B.Van Lanen 12-44

B.Schafer 6-128

NC South

W

L

T

Pct

PF

PA

Conf

Div

Tampa Bay Bucs

9-3

5-1

Atlanta Falcons (WC)

6-6

3-3

Carolina Panthers

7-5

4-2

New Orleans Saints

3-9

0-6

INJURIES OF NOTE
LT Pete Wayne tore his rotator cuff in Week 3, and missed the rest of the season.

MLB Josh Pierre tore his biceps in Week 6, and was done for the year at that point.

TE Kenny Malfara had to have ACL surgery after Week 7, and that of course spelled the end of his 2011 campaign.

QB Hardy Tamm strained his patellar tendon in Week 10, and Donny Schwartz filled in for him quite nicely.

RB Kenyon Daniels missed the last 4 games of the regular season due to a dislocated knee, but is healthy for the playoffs.

COMMENTS
We get the wild card playoff berth, and have to travel to Tampa Bay again next week. They've beaten us twice. Here's hoping that the third time is a charm for us.

Old 11-26-2004, 12:38 PM   #62
Ben E Lou

2011 PLAYOFFS--Wild Card Round

Atlanta (10-6) (-1) at Tampa Bay (10-6)

Report below.

Houston (9-7) (-6) at New England (9-7)

Terrance Wilbur is 20 for 28 for 212 yards with 2 TD's and 0 INT's, and Fred May chips in 21 carries for 133 yards as the Texans down the Patriots 20-17.

Jacksonville (8-8) at Tennessee (10-6) (-4)

The Titans win 20-6 behind QB Lorenzo Putnam and his 239 yards of passing (20 for 29

St. Louis (11-5) (-4) at Philadelphia (10-6)

The Rams grind out a tough 20-14 win at Philly. QB Alvin Moln is 18 for 26 for 181 yards, and Dusty Gilmore is on the receiving end of 9 of those passes for 95 yards.

Atlanta at Tampa Bay

TAMPA BAY OVERVIEW
The Bucs won this year behind the strength of QB Jason Raymond. Raymond, the 1(19) pick in 2008, threw for 4,562 yards, 28 TD's and had a 98.0 passer rating. Raymond's favorite target was their newly-acquired free agent signee FL Dominic Dixon. In only 13 games, Dixon caught 91 passes for 1,593 yards and 5 TD's. They had a middle-of-the-pack running game: 17th overall in yards, 10th in yards per carry, led by rookie RB Kenneth Springer, who rushing for 864 yards and 7 TD's. They can be scored on. Their defense was 14th against the run, and last against the pass. They allowed 21.8 points per game, next-to-last in the league, but scored 24.9 ppg, 2nd-best in the league. If we can slow down Raymond-to-Dixon and outscore them, we should advance. As two losses to them earlier in the season have proven, though, this is easier said than done.

ATLANTA INJURY REPORT
Besides the major injuries mentioned in the last post, the only one worth mentioning is that SLB Kendrick O'Neal is Out with a separated shoulder.

GAME REPORT

(I probably won't do as detailed reports as I did last season any more. Those take too stinkin' long.)

Double coverage helps us contain Raymond-to-Dixon. We picked off three passes and held Dixon to shot gains: 8 catches for only 78 yards. However, Schwartz also threw three INT's himself, one getting returned for a TD, we fall 19-17 on the road.

Old 11-26-2004, 12:52 PM   #63
Ben E Lou

2011 PLAYOFFS--Conference Semifinal Round

Houston (10-7) at Oakland (14-2) (-2)

Rookie Fred May's 122 rushing yards are not enough to derail the Raider dynasty. They block a punt in overtime, return it to the 2, then punch it over for a 12-6 victory.

St. Louis (12-5) at Minnesota (13-3) (-3)

Austin Crawford throws for 216 yards (20 for 27), Glen Woodson rushes for 124, and Bob Griesen catches 8 passes for 105 yards as the Vikings win 24-8.

Tampa Bay (11-6) at San Francisco (12-4) (-3)

Our old buddy Crime Dog Rosser, picked up as a midseason QB injury replacement for the Niners, throws for 240 yards and leads the Niners over the Bucs 24-17 despite Jason Raymond's 332 yards passing.

Tennessee (11-6) at Cleveland (-1)
Tommy Russell rushes for 185 yards as the Browns roll 21-14.

Old 11-26-2004, 12:56 PM   #64
Ben E Lou

2011 PLAYOFFS--Conference Finals

Cleveland (11-6) at Oakland (15-2) (-6)

The Raiders roll into their third straight Super Bowl appearance. Grady Cusano throws for 252 yards, and Sean Blanco rushes for 122, and they win 24-14.

San Francisco (13-4) at Minnesota (14-3) (-4)

The Crime Dog will not be in the Super Bowl this year, thanks to a late interception as he was attempting to drive the Niners for the winning TD. Derek Carney is coldly efficient: 18 for 23 for 230 yards. Vikings 20, Niners 17.
Old 11-26-2004, 01:21 PM   #65
Ben E Lou

2011 FRONT OFFICE BOWL

CONTRACT EXTENSIONS
QB Hardy Tamm wants a 6-year deal worth a little over $70M, while Donny Schwartz wants a quite modest deal. Tamm goes. Schwartz stays.

SLB Kendrick O'Neal gets 2 more years.

Back WLB Joey Damon gets a one-year cheap extension.

Minnesota (15-3) vs Oakland (16-2) (-1)

On a chilly, snowy, 25-degree day in Oklahoma City, the Raiders win their THIRD straight Front Office Bowl by a 30-17 score. Grady Cusano throws 2 TD's on 20 for 25 passing, and Sean Blanco rumbles for 155 yards on the ground. Sheesh. Somebody beat these guys.

Old 11-26-2004, 01:44 PM   #66
Ben E Lou

2011 SEASON SUMMARY/AWARDS

Passing
AttCompYardsYd/AttTDInt
Hardy Tamm
Donny Schwartz
Kirk Wolfe
Team
Rushing
PosAttYardsYd/AttTD
Kenyon Daniels
RB1958254.237
Blake Van Lanen
RB1507084.726
Darnell Keys
FB662824.273
Andy Giles
RB491553.161
Team
Receiving
PosTargetCatchYardsYd/CtchYACTD
Sammie Farrell
SE14684119414.22293
Brenden Schafer
FL905375514.22183
Darnell Keys
FB76503807.61033
Conrad Fulton
TE39272529.3443
Kenny Malfara
TE45252459.8511
Gilbert Boyer
FL472528411.3531
Aaron Zaiser
SE332228613.0220
Hugh Wickson
FL23181769.7210
Team
Defense
PosTackleAssistSackHurrIntsDfnsd
Kris Colon
FS67320.0036
Kendrick O'Neal
SLB63211.0314
Wes Henry
WLB56190.5001
Norbert Brandon
MLB54180.5115
Kevin Thomason
RCB49230.5009
Winston Giangrave
SS46170.0036
Spencer Carlton
LCB46130.0008
Dixon Mahoney
LDT42205.51501
Bernie Sweat
RDT42202.5700
Harvey Hallock
LCB36111.0014
Josh Pierre
MLB36130.0001
Anthony Matthews
FS2760.0014
Doug Cochrane
LDE2595.51200
Nicky Register
SS25111.0036
Jeffrey Middleton
SLB2382.0003
Ricardo Zabriskie
RDT21121.5300
Devin Withers
RCB2170.0012
Floyd Andrews
RDE1752.0800
Jay Hogg
LDT1663.0100
Team
AtlantaTeamRank
Rushes
Rushing Yards
Yards Per Carry
Pass Attempts
5458 (T)
Completions
Passing Yards
Yards Per Attempt
3rd Down Conversions
Points Per Game
Turnovers
2414 (T)
Turnover Margin
+114 (T)
OpponentsTeamRank
Rushes
Rushing Yards
Yards Per Carry
3.543 (T)
Pass Attempts
Completions
Passing Yards
Yards Per Attempt
3rd Down Conversions
Points Per Game
Turnovers
2512 (T)
Turnover Margin
-118 (T)

AwardPlayerTeam
Player of the Year
Randal Holt
Front Office Bowl MVP
Grady Cusano
Offensive Player of the Year
Randal Holt
Defensive Player of the Year
Pete Diligencia
Offensive Rookie of the Year
Doug Hampton
Defensive Rookie of the Year
Rick Freeman
All-League First Team Quarterback
Austin Crawford
All-League First Team Running Back
Randal Holt
All-League First Team Fullback
Lenny Tait
All-League First Team Tight End
Andrew McLaurin
All-League First Team Wide Receiver
Dominic Dixon
Terry Schwimmer
All-League First Team Center
Gerald Lyles
All-League First Team Offensive Guard
Harry Mayes
Fred Kennedy
All-League First Team Offensive Tackle
Freddie Pepper
Leon Hargrave
All-League First Team Punter
Billy Upshaw
All-League First Team Kicker
Cornell Kirk
All-League First Team Defensive End
Norbert Jenkins
Marcus Pipkin
All-League First Team Defensive Tackle
Nick Drake
Raymond Lyons
All-League First Team Inside Linebacker
Pete Diligencia
All-League First Team Outside Linebacker
Jerome Matthews
Eugene Fattel
All-League First Team Cornerback
Glenn Montgomery
Edwin Finch
All-League First Team Safety
Stanley Patterson
Jack McNeil
All-League Second Team Quarterback
Grady Cusano
All-League Second Team Running Back
Glen Woodson
All-League Second Team Fullback
Sedrick Lathon
All-League Second Team Tight End
Thurman Peal
All-League Second Team Wide Receiver
Lonnie Tate
Malcolm Clements
All-League Second Team Center
Luke Chau
All-League Second Team Offensive Guard
Bart Rodgers
Rich McEwen
All-League Second Team Offensive Tackle
Alfred Holecek
Roman Ferguson
All-League Second Team Punter
Alonzo Dorf
All-League Second Team Kicker
Leroy Matsko
All-League Second Team Defensive End
Quentin Wohlman
Andrew Koonce
All-League Second Team Defensive Tackle
Ricardo Shaw
Jeremy Wilson
All-League Second Team Inside Linebacker
Trent Godfrey
All-League Second Team Outside Linebacker
Chris Monroe
Steven Carlson
All-League Second Team Cornerback
Greg Barnes
Phillip Newton
All-League Second Team Safety
Quentin Lewis
Dustin Webster
League's Fastest Man
Brad Green
League's Strongest Man
Martin Morrison
Old 11-26-2004, 02:45 PM   #67
Ben E Lou

2012 PRELIMINARIES

ATLANTA RETIREMENTS

SE Aaron Zaiser's career is over after 7 seasons. He was our 3(4)) pick in 2005, and became an immediate starter, winning the Offensive Rookie Of The Year Award with 88 catches for 945 yards in his inaugural campaign. He followed that year with 3 straight 1000-yard receiving seasons. He had another solid year in 2009, but in 2010 he ruptured his achilles tendon in Week 10, and was never the same. 2011 saw him limited to mainly being a fourth wide receiver, and I guess that was more than he could bear. He retires with 419 catches, 5,783 receiving yards and 24 TD catches to his credit, all Falcon records for now.

My Defensive Coordinator's contract runs out, and I also go after a new Head Coach. Plus, I'd like to see what happens when I push the envelope financially. Here's the update:

HEAD COACH: Amos Staton *NEW*

Salary: $9.25M

Record: 69-66

Playoffs:3

MOTIVATION: Very Good

OFFENSIVE PLAYCALLING: Very Good

DEFENSIVE PLAYCALLING: Average

INJURY AVOIDANCE: Very Good

OFFENSIVE COORDINATOR:Jackie Walton

SALARY: $4.8M

RECORD: 73-64

RECEIVERS: Very Good

DEFENSIVE COORDINATOR: Timothy Beer *NEW*

SALARY: $7.25M

RECORD: 59-72-2

KICKERS/PUNTERS: Average

DEFENSIVE LINEMEN: Very Good

LINEBACKERS: Excellent

YOUNG TALENT: Excellent

LEAD SCOUT:Robbie Clayton

Salary: $410,000

RECORD: 10-7

LINEBACKERS: Average

Old 11-26-2004, 03:00 PM   #68
Vikings13
n00b

Great Dynasty... Looks like your DC is going to be amazing. Can't wait to see how the D performs in the next season.
Old 11-27-2004, 07:10 AM   #69
Ben E Lou

2012 ROSTER SHAPING

BEGINNING CAP SITUATION
SALARY CAP: $144.6M
ROOM UNDER CAP: $35.28M
MAX FOR NEW PLAYER: $29.54M

LT Pete Wayne tore his rotator cuff in Week 3, and missed the rest of the season.
He's rated 63/63 now, just fine.

MLB Josh Pierre tore his biceps in Week 6, and was done for the year at that point.
He started last year at 54/71. Now he's 61/72.

TE Kenny Malfara had to have ACL surgery after Week 7, and that of course spelled the end of his 2011 campaign.
He may miss all of this year as well. He's Out (20 weeks) right now and will probably be placed on the IR.

FRANCHISE PLAYER
K Dexter Everett gets the tag for the 2nd year in a row.

KEY RESTRICTED PLAYERS
Those who are underlined are re-signed...
LCB Spencer Carlton--The former sixth rounder is now my best-rated cornerback. He gets a four-year deal worth around $6.5M per year.

FREE AGENCY
POSITIONS I'D LIKE TO FILL/UPGRADE: QB, TE. Yeah, we're in pretty good shape elsewhere. Frankly, my curiosity about what is going to happen with Schwartz makes me want to start him at QB anyway.

SIGNINGS

QB Hardy Tamm--5.4--3yrs/$13M--His contract demand is much more reasonable now, and I want to have him around in case the latter part of 2011 for Schwartz was just a fluke.TE Gilbert Woodyard--7.1--4yrs/$16M--Former 3rd-round pick has spent seven years with the Colts. Averaging right around 50 catches/500 yards over the last four seasons. Allows me to free up a roster spot by going ahead and putting Kenny Malfara on the IR.

AMATEUR DRAFT

PICKS
I have the 27th pick in Rounds 1-7.

NEEDS
Right now, I feel that I can draft best player available, as I have no glaring holes.

POS

NAME

CUR

FUT

VOL

SOL

BP

AGI

COMMENTS

Cur2

Fut2

1(27)SLB Chester Adderley316018224.56277.27Good bars and combine. Only one SLB on roster currently.3160
2(27)SILB O.J. Barnhill266827334.61377.42If he pans out, I'll trade one of my two other young MLB's away.2769
3(27)LT Harold Cook244314455.15347.64Only one LT on the team, and this kid looks solid.2547
4(27)FL Gus Lang164477234.42236.87Should be better than scouted.1750
5(27)RB Allen Kaplan263794234.61177.18Very high volatility and solid combine performance. Worth a shot.2738
6(27)FS Kirk Peterson153745344.46167.49Probably not much more than roster filler.1638
7(27)NT Lance Davis182530315.40327.71Strong, agile, and smart. Worth a shot this late.1826

Pretty good to see everyone stay the same or gain points.

DRAFT GRADE: B+

LATE FREE AGENCY
No significant signings. Just some rookie roster fillers, and re-sign C Perry Hernandez as a backup. I move 7th-round pick NT Lance Davis to RDE.

TRAINING CAMP
INCREASES OF NOTE
4th-round pick FL Gus Lang is up to 21/57, 13 points above originally scouted.

LT Harold Cook, our third-round pick, is up to 28/51, 8 points above his original assessment.

LCB Spencer Carlton and SS Winston Giangrave continue to climb, up to 73/73 and 72/72 respectively.

DECREASES OF NOTE
None.
Old 11-27-2004, 07:26 PM   #70
Ben E Lou

2012 POST-CAMP ROSTER

Name Pos 2005 Current 2005 Future 2006 Current 2006 Future 2007 Current 2007 Future 2008 Current 2008 Future 2009 Current 2009 Future 2010 Current 2010 Future 2011 Current 2011 Future 2012 Current 2012 Future Overall Current Change Overall Future Change
Jansen, Butch QB

17 34 18 (1) 31 (-3) 1 -3
Schwartz, Donny QB 45 81 61 (16) 81 (0) 78 (17) 81 (0) 82 (4) 82 (1) 77 (-5) 82 (0) 45 (-32) 52 (-30) 46 (1) 52 (0) 32 (-14) 39 (-13) -13 -42
Tamm, Hardy QB

35 52 52 (17) 53 (1) 50 (-2) 51 (-2) 15 -1
Wolfe, Kirk QB

12 47 16 (4) 49 (2) 22 (6) 49 (0) 10 2
Daniels, Kenyon RB

42 53 43 (1) 52 (-1) 1 -1
Giles, Andy RB

34 47 35 (1) 47 (0) 36 (1) 47 (0) 38 (2) 47 (0) 40 (2) 47 (0) 6 0
Kaplan, Allen RB

28 38 0 0
Zessin, Rickey RB

23 27 25 (2) 28 (1) 2 1
Dawson, Corwin FB

32 32 0 0
Keys, Darnell FB

48 69 51 (3) 67 (-2) 58 (7) 65 (-2) 65 (7) 65 (0) 62 (-3) 65 (0) 64 (2) 65 (0) 63 (-1) 64 (-1) 15 -5
Fulton, Conrad TE

48 50 48 (0) 50 (0) 0 0
Malfara, Kenny TE 26 60 39 (13) 63 (3) 53 (14) 66 (3) 70 (17) 70 (4) 72 (2) 72 (2) 73 (1) 73 (1) 73 (0) 73 (0) 74 (1) 74 (1) 48 14
Woodyard, Gilbert TE

70 70 0 0
Boyer, Gilbert FL

36 66 46 (10) 63 (-3) 42 (-4) 51 (-12) 48 (6) 51 (0) 49 (1) 51 (0) 13 -15
Ingram, Carlton FL

18 32 21 (3) 34 (2) 24 (3) 35 (1) 6 3
Lang, Gus FL

21 57 0 0
Schafer, Brenden FL

40 48 46 (6) 48 (0) 50 (4) 50 (2) 52 (2) 52 (2) 53 (1) 53 (1) 13 5
Wickson, Hugh FL

26 40 30 (4) 41 (1) 4 1
Farrell, Sammie SE

24 41 29 (5) 41 (0) 33 (4) 42 (1) 56 (23) 60 (18) 61 (5) 61 (1) 61 (0) 61 (0) 37 20
Harrison, Phil C

20 36 0 0
Hernandez, Perry C

23 50 30 (7) 55 (5) 36 (6) 58 (3) 50 (14) 64 (6) 57 (7) 65 (1) 34 15
McCormick, Carlos C

26 64 41 (15) 70 (6) 58 (17) 71 (1) 69 (11) 73 (2) 64 (-5) 64 (-9) 66 (2) 66 (2) 40 2
Monroe, Aaron C

17 36 21 (4) 37 (1) 4 1
Mayes, Harry LG

50 64 61 (11) 62 (-2) 64 (3) 64 (2) 63 (-1) 63 (-1) 63 (0) 63 (0) 13 -1
McEwen, Rich LG

40 46 0 0
Bartley, Al RG

23 29 0 0
Weber, Nick RG

27 42 40 (13) 44 (2) 54 (14) 54 (10) 27 12
Cook, Harold LT

28 51 0 0
Wayne, Pete LT

31 62 37 (6) 55 (-7) 45 (8) 56 (1) 53 (8) 56 (0) 64 (11) 64 (8) 64 (0) 64 (0) 33 2
Bishop, Jake RT

16 40 19 (3) 35 (-5) 3 -5
Lane, Maurice RT

26 45 29 (3) 45 (0) 44 (15) 45 (0) 47 (3) 47 (2) 21 2
Murray, Donnell RT

48 48 47 (-1) 47 (-1) -1 -1
Everett, Dexter K

63 78 86 (23) 86 (8) 88 (2) 88 (2) 89 (1) 89 (1) 90 (1) 90 (1) 27 12
Wilton, Steve P

58 67 62 (4) 67 (0) 61 (-1) 67 (0) 64 (3) 67 (0) 64 (0) 67 (0) 6 0
Cochrane, Doug LDE

30 53 36 (6) 53 (0) 43 (7) 54 (1) 51 (8) 53 (-1) 46 (-5) 53 (0) 16 0
Cox, Freddie LDE

33 56 39 (6) 58 (2) 6 2
Barrett, Corwin LDT 20 36 24 (4) 36 (0) 27 (3) 37 (1) 31 (4) 38 (1)

39 (8) 44 (6) 39 (0) 43 (-1) 19 7
Hogg, Jay LDT

24 35 29 (5) 37 (2) 5 2
Mahoney, Dixon LDT 23 47 34 (11) 50 (3) 47 (13) 54 (4) 52 (5) 55 (1) 55 (3) 56 (1) 56 (1) 58 (2) 56 (0) 57 (-1) 56 (0) 56 (-1) 33 9
Sweat, Bernie RDT

43 52 48 (5) 51 (-1) 48 (0) 51 (0) 48 (0) 52 (1) 5 0
Antel, Ray RDE

40 75 49 (9) 75 (0) 57 (8) 75 (0) 61 (4) 75 (0) 21 0
Davis, Lance RDE

18 27 0 0
Grubbs, Quicksilver RDE

39 39 39 (0) 39 (0) 39 (0) 39 (0) 0 0
Adderley, Chester SLB

32 60 0 0
Barnhill, O.J. MLB

31 69 0 0
Brandon, Norbert MLB

39 54 44 (5) 54 (0) 47 (3) 53 (-1) 54 (7) 54 (1) 15 0
Pierre, Josh MLB

43 74 54 (11) 71 (-3) 61 (7) 69 (-2) 18 -5
Damon, Joey WLB

18 51 24 (6) 51 (0) 22 (-2) 44 (-7) 4 -7
Henry, Wes WLB

67 71 68 (1) 72 (1) 1 1
Carlton, Spencer LCB

22 50 28 (6) 53 (3) 45 (17) 60 (7) 73 (28) 73 (13) 51 23
Hallock, Harvey LCB

23 41 28 (5) 43 (2) 34 (6) 45 (2) 43 (9) 46 (1) 50 (7) 50 (4) 27 9
Hite, Gus LCB

16 35 0 0
Thomason, Kevin RCB

48 52 49 (1) 52 (0) 1 0
Withers, Devin RCB

27 43 38 (11) 48 (5) 11 5
Giangrave, Winston SS

19 62 30 (11) 66 (4) 46 (16) 68 (2) 64 (18) 69 (1) 72 (8) 72 (3) 53 10
Register, Nicky SS

27 50 32 (5) 51 (1) 37 (5) 51 (0) 44 (7) 51 (0) 17 1
Colon, Kris FS

67 67 68 (1) 68 (1) 69 (1) 69 (1) 69 (0) 69 (0) 2 2
Matthews, Anthony FS

20 40 26 (6) 44 (4) 34 (8) 48 (4) 14 8
Peterson, Kirk FS

20 43 0 0

Old 11-27-2004, 11:38 PM   #71
QuikSand
lolzcat

Neat summary, SkyDog. Is that last output (summarizing ratings history) a product of primelord's tool, or is that manually created?

Last edited by QuikSand : 11-27-2004 at 11:39 PM.
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2004, 02:52 AM   #72
Ben E Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuikSand
Neat summary, SkyDog. Is that last output (summarizing ratings history) a product of primelord's tool, or is that manually created?
Primelord's tool.
Old 11-28-2004, 04:19 AM   #73
Ben E Lou

2012 PRESEASON/FINAL CUTS/OUTLOOK

First off, we make a couple of deals. FS Anthony Matthews gets shipped to Philly along with two late picks for a 3rd-rounder, and MLB Norbert Brandon and a 6th-round pick went to Arizona for a 2nd-rounder in 2014.

We made it through this preseason with no major injuries to key players. The worst thing right now is that LG Harry Mayes is Out (3wks) with torn knee cartilage.

FINAL CUTS
QB Butch Jansen

RT Jake Bishop

REGULAR SEASON OUTLOOK

POWER RATING: 69. 4th-best in NFC.
ROSTER: 95. Tied for 2nd-best in NFL.

Tampa Bay looks to be a bit down from last year. Carolina looks pretty week. The Saints, however, on paper look like a good challenge. New Orleans should have one of the better defenses in the league, but we should be the favorite for the division crown.
Old 11-28-2004, 05:27 AM   #74
Ben E Lou

2012 REGULAR SEASON

2012 Regular Season (5-11)

Passing

Rushing

Receiving

Attendance

Week 1

Carolina Panthers

D.Schwartz 20-30-193

K.Daniels 14-61

G.Woodyard 6-75

Week 2

at San Diego Chargers

D.Schwartz 16-27-203

K.Daniels 19-65

S.Farrell 5-68

Week 3

St. Louis Rams

D.Schwartz 23-29-288

K.Daniels 13-84

B.Schafer 4-109

Week 4

at Philadelphia Eagles

D.Schwartz 25-40-268

K.Daniels 14-80

B.Schafer 5-81

Week 5

Washington Redskins

D.Schwartz 23-39-273

K.Daniels 17-71

G.Boyer 5-69

Week 6

Tampa Bay Bucs

D.Schwartz 20-35-216

K.Daniels 30-103

G.Boyer 7-102

Week 7

at Carolina Panthers

D.Schwartz 18-36-212

D.Keys 3-31

G.Boyer 7-117

Week 8

Bye Week

Week 9

at Dallas Cowboys

H.Tamm 22-32-254

K.Daniels 12-72

S.Farrell 9-111

Week 10

New York Giants

D.Schwartz 15-28-158

K.Daniels 18-53

G.Boyer 4-69

Week 11

at New Orleans Saints

H.Tamm 12-25-119

K.Daniels 24-121

B.Schafer 4-86

Week 12

at Oakland Raiders

D.Schwartz 24-35-236

B.Schafer 2-26

H.Wickson 4-71

Week 13

at Detroit Lions

D.Schwartz 19-41-128

K.Daniels 11-32

G.Woodyard 7-53

Week 14

Kansas City Chiefs

H.Tamm 21-35-196

K.Daniels 24-126

G.Woodyard 6-51

Week 15

at Tampa Bay Bucs

H.Tamm 17-21-210

K.Daniels 25-88

H.Wickson 2-58

Week 16

Denver Broncos

H.Tamm 18-26-198

K.Daniels 14-75

G.Boyer 8-121

Week 17

New Orleans Saints

H.Tamm 18-29-149

K.Daniels 30-144

G.Boyer 7-66

NC South

W

L

T

Pct

PF

PA

Conf

Div

Tampa Bay Bucs

7-5

5-1

New Orleans Saints

4-8

2-4

Carolina Panthers

4-8

3-3

Atlanta Falcons

4-8

2-4

INJURIES OF NOTE
LDT Dixon Mahoney goes down during the first game of the season with a ruptured achilles tendon, and misses the entire campaign.

RDT Bernie Sweat tears his rotator cuff in Week 7 and misses the rest of the year.

SE Sammie Farrell--torn rotator cuff Week 9. Done for the year.

FS Kris Colon--ACL damage in Week 12--Doen for the year.

NEW LEAGUE RECORDS

Tennessee's WR Kenny Stephens sets a new league mark with 1,739 receiving yards in the season.

NEW FALCON RECORDS

RB Kenyon Daniels sets a new team marks for rushing attempts (287) and yards (1198), breaking records held by Blake Van Lanen.

COMMENTS
I stuck with Schwartz a little too long, but Tamm wasn't all that impressive either when he took back over. We were 3-4 in Tamm's starts, and 2-7 in Schwartz's. It is very disappointing to lose in a division that was as week as ours this year.

Old 11-28-2004, 05:38 AM   #75
Ben E Lou

2012 PLAYOFFS--Wild Card Round

Philadelphia (9-7) at Detroit (9-7) (-3)

Behind 207 yards passing from Devin Branch, and 185 yards rushing on 41 carries from Jesse Borders, the Lions win 24-14.

San Diego (10-6) at New Jersey (13-3) (-2)

Emmitt Haber hit a short field goal with 2:22 to play for a 16-14 lead, and the Jets' defense held on the rest of the way. Mario Greene caught 9 passes for 134 yards for the Jets.

San Francisco (9-7) at Tampa Bay (9-7)

Jason Raymond's 222 yards passing were enough to help the Bucs eke out a 15-13 win over the Niners.

Tennessee (10-5-1) at Cincinnati (10-6)

Former Falcon Raymond Edmondson rushes for 120 yards, and catches 3 passes for 77 yards as the Titans win 27-22.
Old 11-28-2004, 05:44 AM   #76
Ben E Lou

2012 PLAYOFFS--Conference Semifinal Round

Detroit (10-7) at Dallas (10-6) (E)

Jesse Borders has another workhorse day: 25 carries for 99 yards, and the Lions win 17-14 in Dallas.

New Jersey (14-3) at Oakland (13-3) (-3)

The Jets can't stop Grady Cusano and company from advancing to the AFC Championship once again. 21-13 Raiders. Cusano throws for 203 yards, 2 TD's, 0 INT's.

Tampa Bay (10-7) at Seattle (12-4) (-8)

The Seahawks dominate Tampa Bay en route to a 31-3 win. Larry Scibona is 18 for 25 for 198 yards on the day, and Jason Raymond is held to 14 for 29 passing for 166 yards.

Tennessee (11-5-1) at Jacksonville (14-2) (-2)
Edmonsdson rushes for 92 yards, and Lorenzo Putnam passes for 310, and the Titans win 31-28 on the road.

Old 11-28-2004, 05:49 AM   #77
Ben E Lou

2012 PLAYOFFS--Conference Finals

Detroit (11-7) at Seattle (13-4) (-7)

Jesses Borders' 107 yards on 31 carries isn't enough. Larry Scibona throws for 183 yards, a TD, and 0 INT's. The Seahawks trailed 17-7 in the second quarter, but rallied for a TD just before halftime, and the Seahawk defense holds the Lions scoreless in the second half for a come-from-behind 20-17 win.

Tennessee (12-5-1) at Oakland (14-3) (-3)

Ho hum. Another year, another Front Office Bowl appearance for the Raiders. Cusano throws for 222 yards and a TD as the Raiders win 21-14.
Old 11-28-2004, 06:07 AM   #78
Ben E Lou

2012 FRONT OFFICE BOWL

KEY CONTRACT EXTENSION DECISIONS
TE Kenny Malfara spent the year on the IR, but is completely recovered now and suffered no significant ratings hit. He gets another year.

SS Winston Giangrave has been a true stud for us, and he gets a big 5-year contract, worth around $8M per year.

C Carlos McCormick's contract is up for renewal, but there's been little performance difference between him (66/66) and backup Perry Hernandez (60/65). Hernandez is signed for two more years after this one at $6.5M less than McCormick's average request. Easy decision to let McCormick fly. I go ahead and cut McCormick to make room for other extensions.

FB Darnell Keys has continued to performe at a high level. The four-year extension he gets may well make him a career Falcon.

SE Sammie Farrell (torn rotator cuff) is still injured, and wants a long-term extension. I'm going to wait this one out. I'll have to sign him on the open market if I want to keep him. Same story for RDT Bernie Sweat.

FL Gilbert Boyer, a former first round pick, finally came into his own this year with 73 catches for 898 yards. He gets a four-year extension for a fairly modest $4.5M average per season.

The Donny Schwartz experiment is probably over. His contract is up, and he didn't show us much. Right now he wants a contract with a bonus. Unless he'll sign for at or near the minimum, he will no longer be a Falcon.

OAKLAND (15-3) (-2) vs. SEATTLE (14-4)

With relative ease, the Raiders make it four consecutive titles. They race out to a 21-0 lead, and coast to a 35-19 win. Claude Flatt rushes for 157 yards and 2 Td's, and Grady Cusano throws for 285 and 2 TD's. Wow.

Old 11-28-2004, 06:14 AM   #79
Ben E Lou

2012 SEASON SUMMARY/AWARDS
Passing
Att
Comp
Yards
Yd/Att
TD
Int
Donny Schwartz
Hardy Tamm
Team
Rushing
Pos
Att
Yards
Yd/Att
TD
Kenyon Daniels
RB
Blake Van Lanen
RB
Team
---
Receiving
Pos
Target
Catch
Yards
Yd/Ctch
YAC
TD
Gilbert Boyer
FL
Gilbert Woodyard
TE
Darnell Keys
FB
Brenden Schafer
FL
Sammie Farrell
SE
Gus Lang
SE
Team
---
Defense
Pos
Tackle
Assist
Sack
Hurr
Ints
Dfnsd
Winston Giangrave
SS
Kendrick O'Neal
SLB
Josh Pierre
MLB
Wes Henry
WLB
Kris Colon
FS
Kevin Thomason
RCB
Ray Antel
RDE
Corwin Barrett
LDT
Harvey Hallock
LCB
Spencer Carlton
LCB
Devin Withers
RCB
Kirk Peterson
FS
Bernie Sweat
RDT
Doug Cochrane
LDE
Dustin Webster
FS
Team
---
Atlanta
Team
Rank
Rushes
Rushing Yards
Yards Per Carry
Pass Attempts
Completions
Passing Yards
Yards Per Attempt
3rd Down Conversions
Points Per Game
16 (T)
Turnovers
27 (T)
Turnover Margin
Opponents
Team
Rank
Rushes
15 (T)
Rushing Yards
Yards Per Carry
Pass Attempts
Completions
Passing Yards
Yards Per Attempt
24 (T)
3rd Down Conversions
Points Per Game
Turnovers
Turnover Margin
+9

Award
Player
Team
Player of the Year
Walt Spence
Front Office Bowl MVP
Grady Cusano
Walt Spence
Tom Shepardson
Corey Henson
Erik Bronson
Walt Spence
Tommy Russell
Junior Hudgens
Tim Tharaldson
Kenny Stephens
Emmanuel Osborn
Luke Chau
Nate Rivers
Oscar Harvey
Ernest Marsh
Alfred Holecek
Antoine Gowan
Kelly Beattle
Marcus Pipkin
Colin Lyon
Raymond Lyons
Lorenzo Gill
Tom Shepardson
Chris Monroe
Peter Wilcox
Lincoln Prior
Mitch Wheeler
Wally Dawkins
Winston Giangrave
Grady Cusano
Kenny Everitt
Shawn Demers
Anthony Schoen
Harris Newsome
Trevor Howard
Carlos McCormick
Bennie McNeil
Ethan Williamson
Freddie Pepper
Justin Baker
Cole Dahl
Mike Griffin
Frankie Terry
Buddy Harris
Nick Drake
Corwin Horton
Russell Pierre
Darrin Brewer
Ronnie Spencer
Clay Newhart
Glenn Montgomery
Mike Weaver
Stanley Patterson
League's Fastest Man
Lionel Lane
League's Strongest Man
Desmond Horn
Old 11-28-2004, 06:39 AM   #80
Ben E Lou

2013 PRELIMINARIES

My Offensive Coordinator's contract runs out, but I re-sign him.

HEAD COACH: Amos Staton

Record: 74-77

Playoffs:3

MOTIVATION: Excellent

INJURY AVOIDANCE: Excellent

OFFENSIVE COORDINATOR: Jackie Walton

SALARY: $7.0M

RECORD: 78-75

RECEIVERS: Excellent

DEFENSIVE COORDINATOR: Timothy Beer

RECORD: 64-83-2

Salary: $420,000

RECORD: 15-18

Old 11-28-2004, 07:46 AM   #81
3ric
College Starter

What, Donny lost another -14/-13 points in 2012? So much for having the Schwartz.
Old 11-28-2004, 11:15 AM   #82
oykib
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3ric
What, Donny lost another -14/-13 points in 2012? So much for having the Schwartz.

He must've had the downside.

Y'know there're two sides to every Schwartz.

Great thread.
oykib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2004, 11:36 AM   #83
mmarra82
High School Varsity

Has anyone else ever seen a computer controlled team win 3 consecutive titles? Now I see they have done it for a 4th time. WOW!

Mike
New York Jets
mmarra82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2004, 11:53 AM   #84
jbmagic
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyDog
Primelord's tool.

when do you like running it? after camp is completed each season?
jbmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2004, 12:33 PM   #85
Ben E Lou

2013 ROSTER SHAPING

BEGINNING CAP SITUATION
SALARY CAP: $152.0M
ROOM UNDER CAP: $28.3M
MAX FOR NEW PLAYER: $19.7M

All of them are fully healed now. FS Kris Colon (ACL Damage) is the only one who takes a ratings hit, and even that isn't huge. He drops from 69/69 to 55/55.

FRANCHISE PLAYER
K Dexter Everett again.

KEY RESTRICTED PLAYERS
None. Our current best restricted player is rated 21/37..

FREE AGENCY
POSITIONS I'D LIKE TO FILL/UPGRADE: QB, SE, RT, RDT

SIGNINGS

RT Maurice Lane--4.7--2yrs/$6M--The best available option wasn't much better than him, and he's been with me and is a mentor. Might as well keep him around.

RDT Bernie Sweat--4.9--2yrs/$5M--Same situation as Lane. There's a slightly better option, but I'd rather keep my own guys around, and Sweat is also a mentor now.

WR Sammie Farrell--6.4--5yrs/$40M--Best available option period, and he's been with us for six years.

LDT Kelly Taute--4.8--3yrs/$5/7M--I sign this journeyman 8-year veteran for added depth on the DL.

FB Jim Hughes--4.8--2yrs/$2.46M--6-year vet will be backup fullback.

AMATEUR DRAFT

PICKS
I have the 4th pick in rounds 1 through 4 and 7, and the 21st pick in round 3.

NEEDS
I'm in somewhat of a best-player-available situation, other than really desiring a franchise QB now that I have a high pick again.

POS

NAME

CUR

FUT

VOL

SOL

BP

AGI

COMMENTS

Cur2

Fut2

1(4)

RDT Roy Novak

Big, strong, fast and agile. A lot to like about this guy.

2(4)

QB Albert McDaniel

May be a strech, but I really like his bars.

3(4)

LCB Marcus Woodson

I'm guessing better than advertised for him.

3(21)

WLB Conrad Willis

VERY fast for an OLB.

4(4)

TE Quinn Chapman

Both TE's on roster are getting older. Heir apparent?

7(4)

QB Harold Rodriguez

I like his combine performance.

Novak looks like a dream on the DL.

DRAFT GRADE: A-

LATE FREE AGENCY
Just a small handful of rookies to fill out the roster..

TRAINING CAMP
INCREASES OF NOTE
QB Malcolm Rasberry, an undrafted rookie free agent, sees his ratings climb to 11/44 from 7/34 pre-draft.

QB Harold Rodriquez is up to 9/45.

LCB Marcus Woodson is up to 24/53.

DECREASES OF NOTE
Albert McDaniel drops down to 14/48.
Old 11-28-2004, 09:21 PM   #86
Ben E Lou

2013 POST-CAMP ROSTER

NamePos2005 Current2005 Future2006 Current2006 Future2007 Current2007 Future2008 Current2008 Future2009 Current2009 Future2010 Current2010 Future2011 Current2011 Future2012 Current2012 Future2013 Current2013 FutureOverall Current ChangeOverall Future Change
McDaniel, AlbertQB

Rasberry, MalcolmQB

Rodriguez, HaroldQB

Tamm, HardyQB

355252 (17)53 (1)50 (-2)51 (-2)50 (0)52 (1)150
Wolfe, KirkQB

124716 (4)49 (2)22 (6)49 (0)27 (5)50 (1)153
Daniels, KenyonRB

425343 (1)52 (-1)48 (5)52 (0)6-1
Giles, AndyRB

344735 (1)47 (0)36 (1)47 (0)38 (2)47 (0)40 (2)47 (0)41 (1)47 (0)70
Kaplan, AllenRB

283829 (1)38 (0)10
Toliver, BenRB

Hughes, JimFB

Keys, DarnellFB

486951 (3)67 (-2)58 (7)65 (-2)65 (7)65 (0)62 (-3)65 (0)64 (2)65 (0)63 (-1)64 (-1)62 (-1)64 (0)14-5
Chapman, QuinnTE

Malfara, KennyTE266039 (13)63 (3)53 (14)66 (3)70 (17)70 (4)72 (2)72 (2)73 (1)73 (1)73 (0)73 (0)74 (1)74 (1)68 (-6)68 (-6)428
Woodyard, GilbertTE

707069 (-1)69 (-1)-1-1
Boyer, GilbertFL

366646 (10)63 (-3)42 (-4)51 (-12)48 (6)51 (0)49 (1)51 (0)50 (1)53 (2)14-13
Schafer, BrendenFL

404846 (6)48 (0)50 (4)50 (2)52 (2)52 (2)53 (1)53 (1)53 (0)53 (0)135
Wickson, HughFL

264030 (4)41 (1)33 (3)41 (0)71
Farrell, SammieSE

244129 (5)41 (0)33 (4)42 (1)56 (23)60 (18)61 (5)61 (1)61 (0)61 (0)62 (1)62 (1)3821
Lang, GusSE

Franz, RichardC

Harrison, PhilC

203622 (2)37 (1)21
Hernandez, PerryC

235030 (7)55 (5)36 (6)58 (3)50 (14)64 (6)57 (7)65 (1)65 (8)65 (0)4215
Willis, LouisC

Mayes, HarryLG

506461 (11)62 (-2)64 (3)64 (2)63 (-1)63 (-1)63 (0)63 (0)73 (10)73 (10)239
McEwen, RichLG

404639 (-1)45 (-1)-1-1
Bartley, AlRG

232923 (0)26 (-3)0-3
Weber, NickRG

274240 (13)44 (2)54 (14)54 (10)54 (0)54 (0)2712
Cook, HaroldLT

285133 (5)55 (4)54
Wayne, PeteLT

316237 (6)55 (-7)45 (8)56 (1)53 (8)56 (0)64 (11)64 (8)64 (0)64 (0)64 (0)64 (0)332
Lane, MauriceRT

264529 (3)45 (0)44 (15)45 (0)47 (3)47 (2)48 (1)48 (1)223
Murray, DonnellRT

484847 (-1)47 (-1)46 (-1)46 (-1)-2-2
Everett, DexterK

637886 (23)86 (8)88 (2)88 (2)89 (1)89 (1)90 (1)90 (1)88 (-2)94 (4)2516
Wilton, SteveP

586762 (4)67 (0)61 (-1)67 (0)64 (3)67 (0)64 (0)67 (0)64 (0)68 (1)61
Cochrane, DougLDE

305336 (6)53 (0)43 (7)54 (1)51 (8)53 (-1)46 (-5)53 (0)42 (-4)49 (-4)12-4
Cox, FreddieLDE

335639 (6)58 (2)44 (5)60 (2)114
Mahoney, DixonLDT234734 (11)50 (3)47 (13)54 (4)52 (5)55 (1)55 (3)56 (1)56 (1)58 (2)56 (0)57 (-1)56 (0)56 (-1)57 (1)57 (1)3410
Taute, KellyLDT

Novack, RoyRDT

Sweat, BernieRDT

435248 (5)51 (-1)48 (0)51 (0)48 (0)52 (1)46 (-2)50 (-2)3-2
Antel, RayRDE

407549 (9)75 (0)57 (8)75 (0)61 (4)75 (0)73 (12)75 (0)330
Davis, LanceRDE

182720 (2)29 (2)22
Adderley, ChesterSLB

326038 (6)60 (0)60
Barnhill, O.J.MLB

316939 (8)70 (1)81
Pierre, JoshMLB

437454 (11)71 (-3)61 (7)69 (-2)69 (8)69 (0)26-5
Henry, WesWLB

677168 (1)72 (1)72 (4)72 (0)51
Willis, ConradWLB

Carlton, SpencerLCB

225028 (6)53 (3)45 (17)60 (7)73 (28)73 (13)78 (5)78 (5)5628
Hallock, HarveyLCB

234128 (5)43 (2)34 (6)45 (2)43 (9)46 (1)50 (7)50 (4)51 (1)51 (1)2810
Hite, GusLCB

163518 (2)35 (0)20
Woodson, MarcusLCB

Thomason, KevinRCB

485249 (1)52 (0)46 (-3)52 (0)-20
Withers, DevinRCB

274338 (11)48 (5)48 (10)52 (4)219
Giangrave, WinstonSS

196230 (11)66 (4)46 (16)68 (2)64 (18)69 (1)72 (8)72 (3)73 (1)73 (1)5411
Register, NickySS

275032 (5)51 (1)37 (5)51 (0)44 (7)51 (0)49 (5)52 (1)222
Colon, KrisFS

676768 (1)68 (1)69 (1)69 (1)69 (0)69 (0)56 (-13)56 (-13)-11-11
Peterson, KirkFS

204328 (8)43 (0)80

Old 11-28-2004, 10:33 PM   #87
Crapshoot
Grizzled Veteran

Novak looks like he could be pretty impressive... 54- 80 as a rookie.
Crapshoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2004, 04:26 AM   #88
Ben E Lou

2013 PRESEASON/FINAL CUTS/OUTLOOK

A *very* injury-free preseason. No one on the roster is worse than Probable as the regular season begins.

FINAL CUTS

C Richard Franz

RB Ben Toliver

C Louis Willis

REGULAR SEASON OUTLOOK

POWER RATING: 84. Best in NFC.
ROSTER: 95. 100.

Tampa Bay looks like our biggest threat for the division title once again. My division prediction:

Atlanta 12-4

Tampa Bay 10-6 (WC)

New Orleans 6-10

Carolina 4-12
Old 11-29-2004, 07:49 AM   #89
Ben E Lou

2013 REGULAR SEASON

2013 Regular Season (9-6-1) Passing Rushing Receiving Attendance
Week 1 14 Tampa Bay Bucs 33 H.Tamm 14-20-131 B.Van Lanen 10-32 S.Farrell 5-60 47,000
Week 2 17 New Jersey Jets 13 H.Tamm 21-31-256 K.Daniels 14-83 B.Van Lanen 2-75 45,500
Week 3 23 Chicago Bears 3 H.Tamm 18-31-215 K.Daniels 16-93 S.Farrell 5-88 50,600
Week 4 23 Seattle Seahawks 20 H.Tamm 19-33-221 K.Daniels 16-62 S.Farrell 5-93 51,300
Week 5 Bye Week
Week 6 44 at Arizona Cardinals 14 H.Tamm 22-30-250 B.Van Lanen 25-127 S.Farrell 5-94 43,100
Week 7 3 Carolina Panthers 13 H.Tamm 15-24-161 A.Giles 9-35 S.Farrell 4-53 46,300
Week 8 27 at San Francisco 49ers 23 H.Tamm 14-28-174 B.Van Lanen 13-74 G.Boyer 3-77 57,400
Week 9 23 St. Louis Rams 20 H.Tamm 21-36-263 B.Van Lanen 16-69 S.Farrell 5-118 51,900
Week 10 34 at Tampa Bay Bucs 29 H.Tamm 19-25-242 B.Van Lanen 22-139 G.Woodyard 3-50 65,100
Week 11 3 at New Orleans Saints 23 H.Tamm 14-31-148 K.Daniels 15-28 S.Farrell 3-44 65,500
Week 12 22 New England Patriots 20 H.Tamm 17-31-184 K.Daniels 14-63 B.Schafer 3-54 51,900
Week 13 3 at New York Giants 9 H.Tamm 15-26-222 K.Daniels 11-31 B.Schafer 3-45 74,400
Week 14 10 at Miami Dolphins 10 H.Tamm 20-32-193 K.Daniels 29-104 S.Farrell 4-58 65,300
Week 15 16 New Orleans Saints 13 H.Tamm 17-31-200 B.Van Lanen 15-77 S.Farrell 5-75 51,900
Week 16 10 at Buffalo Bills 19 M.Rasberry 12-30-68 K.Daniels 8-45 S.Farrell 2-30 54,500
Week 17 10 at Carolina Panthers 31 K.Wolfe 14-23-159 K.Wolfe 2-25 S.Farrell 10-113 56,900

NC South W L T Pct PF PA Conf Div
Atlanta Falcons 9 6 1 .594 282 293 7-5 2-4
Tampa Bay Bucs (WC) 9 7 0 .563 388 414 7-5 3-3
New Orleans Saints 8 8 0 .500 316 283 7-5 3-3
Carolina Panthers 8 8 0 .500 300 291 7-5 4-2

INJURIES OF NOTE

NAME

TYPE

WEEK INJURED GAMES MISSED ORIGINAL WEEKS UNTIL FULL STRENGTH CURRENT STATUS (After Wk 17)

LDE Freddie Cox Shoulder Surgery 9 8 18 Out (13)
SS Winston Giangrave Torn Ankle Ligament 11 6 20 Out (14)
LCB Marcus Woodson (backup) Ruptured Achilles Tendon 12 5 25 Out (21)
FB Darnell Keys Torn Rotator Cuff 15 2 25 Out (23)

NEW LEAGUE RECORDS

Tampa Bay's QB Jason Raymond sets a new TD pass mark with 36.

San Francisco's RB Ed Brooks sets a record with 406 carries.

NEW FALCON RECORDS

RCB Devin Withers now owns the single-season Falcon record for passes defensed with 20, breaking the mark of 17 set by Winston Giangrave in 2010.

COMMENTS
Tamm suffered a relatively minor injury that had him doubtful Week 16, and questionable for Week 17. With the division clinched, and a first round bye almost clinched at that point, I let him sit the final two weeks. We still get the first-round bye. Solid season. Of note is that KC broke Oakland's string of five straight division titles. The Raiders went 11-5 though, and will likely be a force in the playoffs once again.
Old 11-29-2004, 08:03 AM   #90
Ben E Lou

2013 PLAYOFFS--Wild Card Round

Chicago (10-6) at San Francisco (9-7) (-2)

Chicago QB Frankie Cox throws for 222 yards, 2 TD's and 0 INT's as Da Bears advance 20-17. They held SF RB Fred May to 66 yards on 21 carries.

Cleveland (10-6) (-3) at Baltimore (10-6)

Blake Thomas passes for 262 yards, and Tommy Russell rushes for 110, and Cleveland beats the Ravens 17-10 on the road.

Oakland (11-5) at New Jersey (9-7) (-3)

Grady Cusano throws for 287 yards to lead the Raiders over the Jets 23-17 in overtime.

Tampa Bay (9-7) at New York (9-7) (-1)

Another overtime game sees the Bucs get eliminated 23-17. Austin Weaver threw for 297 yards in this one.
Old 11-29-2004, 08:19 AM   #91
Ben E Lou

2013 PLAYOFFS--Conference Semifinal Round

Chicago (11-6) at Detroit (11-5) (-5)

Devin Branch passes for 223 yards and 2 TD's as the Lions advance to the NFC Championship game with a 24-21 win over the Bears.

Cleveland (11-6) at Kansas City (13-3) (-2)

RB Dexter Foust has a dominant performance for the Chiefs: 26 carries for 152 yards and a TD, as they win 26-16.

New York (10-7) at Atlanta (9-6-1) (-2)

Hardy Tamm has a stellar day: 22 for 27 for 294 yards with 3 TD's and 0 INT's, as we roll to a 31-17 win. Van Lanen rushes for 97 yards, and TE Kenny Malfara catches 8 passes for 71 yards and a TD.

Oakland (12-5) at Tennessee (11-5) (-3)
Grady Cusano's 15 for 23, 246-yard day is not enough. The Raider running game was held to only 29 yards, and the Titans end the Raider streak 34-24. Lorenzo Putnam passes for 279 yards and 3 TD's.

Old 11-29-2004, 08:25 AM   #92
Ben E Lou

2013 PLAYOFFS--Conference Finals

Atlanta (10-6-1) at Detroit (12-5) (-4)

The Lions take a 13-0 halftime lead, and we try in vain to mount a late comeback, but fall short by a 23-17 count. Tamm has a solid day: 24 for 32, 273 yards, 2 TD's, 1 INT. Unfortunately, Devin Branch threw no INT's, 230 yards, and 2 TD's.

Tennessee (12-5) at Kansas City (14-3) (-2)

The Titans win again behind the arm of Lorenzo Putnam: 22 for 31, 240 yards, 2 TD's, 0 INT's.
Old 11-29-2004, 08:50 AM   #93
Ben E Lou

2013 FRONT OFFICE BOWL

KEY CONTRACT EXTENSION DECISIONS
RDE Ray Antel's first contract is up, and he's been very solid, but I don't have anywhere near the current cap room to extend him right now. He wants a deal worth around $20M per year.

TE Kenny Malfara doesn't get an extension right now, as his backup, Gilbert Woodyard, is pretty much just as good, and is the same age with two more years remaining in his contract. If I have the money around, I may try to re-sign Malfara, but that would be a luxury.

LG Harry Mays, who played in only 10 games due to various little injuries, gets a small salary decrease to play one more year.

LDT Dixon Mahoney will have to wait until next year as well, due to current cap restrictions.

FS Kris Colon gets two more years, at right around his current cap cost.

RG Nick Weber will get a look next year, but can't be re-signed right now.

SLB Kendrick O' Neal's time with the Falcons is over. Last year's 1st-round pick, Chester Adderley, looks ready to step in and start next year.

LCB Harvey Hallock, our nickel back, wants a modest salary for 2 more years, and gets re-signed.

RB Blake Van Lanen gets a one-year extension for a modest increase, and gets it.

Based on performance thus far, our best backup QB option is probably Kirk Wolfe, so he gets a one-year extension.

DETROIT (13-5) vs. TENNESSEE (13-5) (-2)

Detroit wins their second Front Office Bowl, and first since 2007, with a last-second 24-yard FG. Jesse Borders win the game MVP with 135 yards on 36 caarries and one TD. Lorenzo Chapman threw for 219 yards and 2 TD's on 16 for 24 passing, but RB Jerry Timmons (19 carries, 100 yards) fumbled as the Titans were driving for what would have been the game-clinching TD with 5:01 to go. That fumble set up Detroit's final drive for the game-winner.

Old 11-29-2004, 08:55 AM   #94
Ben E Lou

2013 SEASON SUMMARY/AWARDS

Passing
Att
Comp
Yards
Yd/Att
TD
Int
Hardy Tamm
Kirk Wolfe
Team
Rushing
Pos
Att
Yards
Yd/Att
TD
Blake Van Lanen
RB
Kenyon Daniels
RB
Darnell Keys
FB
Andy Giles
RB
Team
---
Receiving
Pos
Target
Catch
Yards
Yd/Ctch
YAC
TD
Sammie Farrell
SE
Darnell Keys
FB
Kenny Malfara
TE
Gilbert Boyer
FL
Brenden Schafer
FL
Gilbert Woodyard
TE
Team
---
Defense
Pos
Tackle
Assist
Sack
Hurr
Ints
Dfnsd
Kris Colon
FS
Josh Pierre
MLB
Spencer Carlton
LCB
Wes Henry
WLB
Kendrick O'Neal
SLB
Roy Novack
RDT
Harvey Hallock
LCB
Devin Withers
RCB
Ray Antel
RDE
Winston Giangrave
SS
Kevin Thomason
RCB
Chester Adderley
SLB
Dixon Mahoney
LDT
O.J. Barnhill
MLB
Nicky Register
SS
Kelly Taute
LDT
Freddie Cox
LDE
Doug Cochrane
LDE
Gilbert Boyer
FL
Team
---
Atlanta
Team
Rank
Rushes
11 (T)
Rushing Yards
Yards Per Carry
8 (T)
Pass Attempts
Completions
Passing Yards
Yards Per Attempt
3rd Down Conversions
Points Per Game
22 (T)
Turnovers
11 (T)
Turnover Margin
19 (T)
Opponents
Team
Rank
Rushes
Rushing Yards
Yards Per Carry
Pass Attempts
Completions
Passing Yards
Yards Per Attempt
20 (T)
3rd Down Conversions
Points Per Game
16 (T)
Turnovers
28 (T)
Turnover Margin
+2
12 (T)
Award
Player
Team
Player of the Year
Fred May
Front Office Bowl MVP
Jesse Borders
Fred May
Jerome Matthews
Dexter Foust
Kerry Glover
Grady Cusano
Fred May
Lenny Tait
Kevin Frederick
Cornelius Robbins
Donnie Lander
Drew Henson
Alex Lake
Bart Rodgers
Lamar Sisson
Alfred Holecek
Burt Johnston
J.T. Owens
Marcus Pipkin
Ty Barnes
Ricardo Shaw
Lionel Jackson
Sherman LeBlanc
Jerome Matthews
Eugene Fattel
Ethan Howe
Glenn Montgomery
Kyle Watson
Kendall Harper
Jason Raymond
Kenny Everitt
Jorge Hammond
Donald Lewis
Emmanuel Osborn
Kenny Stephens
Luke Chau
Nate Roberson
Van Thompson
Desmond Horn
Shane Stelick
Horace Davison
Dexter Everett
Andrew Koonce
Brant Wiggins
Steven Carvin
Harvey Liening
Dexter Thomason
Larry Schmidt
Peter Wilcox
Bruce Deyo
Spencer Carlton
Emmitt Shapiro
Darrin Cobb
League's Fastest Man
Clay Brazinski
League's Strongest Man
Nate Rivers
Old 11-29-2004, 11:48 AM   #95
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

what are other teams' cap situations like? I'm going slower through my new 5.1 career and I'm noticing QBs getting resigned by their teams to HUGE contracts so I'll be watching how this affects things later down the road.
Chubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2004, 03:04 PM   #96
Ben E Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubby
what are other teams' cap situations like? I'm going slower through my new 5.1 career and I'm noticing QBs getting resigned by their teams to HUGE contracts so I'll be watching how this affects things later down the road.
I'll have to check. I didn't bring the laptop to the office today, and that's where this career is located. Based on the way teams have been keeping their star players much better than in the past, I'd have to guess that they're doing a better job against the cap.
Old 11-29-2004, 03:49 PM   #97
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyDog
I'll have to check. I didn't bring the laptop to the office today, and that's where this career is located. Based on the way teams have been keeping their star players much better than in the past, I'd have to guess that they're doing a better job against the cap.

if you can, see how they are doing in terms of making/losing money. That's something I'm tracking in my SP career but I go kinda slow. In year 2 only 2 teams posted a profit with many losing more than $50 mil that season...
Chubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2004, 04:11 AM   #98
Ben E Lou

2014 PRELIMINARIES

RT Donnell Murray retires. He had a mediocre three years with Minnesota, then was signed by us in 2011. He started for two more mediocre years, then was the backup last year.

HEAD COACH: Amos Staton

Record: 84-84-1

Playoffs: 4

MOTIVATION: Excellent

DISCIPLINE: Very Good

INJURY AVOIDANCE: Excellent

OFFENSIVE COORDINATOR: Jackie Walton

SALARY: $7.0M

RECORD: 88-82-1

QUARTERBACKS: Excellent

RECEIVERS: Excellent

DEFENSIVE COORDINATOR: Timothy Beer

RECORD: 70-90-3

Salary: $440,000

RECORD: 25-25-1

Old 11-30-2004, 03:48 PM   #99
Cap Ologist
College Prospect

SkyDog,

I finally drafted a quarterback in the first round. He was just too stinking good to pass up. I even traded down, hoping that someone else would take him so I wouldn't have to make the call. He fell to the seventh pick, and I handed Tagliabue the card.
Cap Ologist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2004, 08:44 AM   #100
Ben E Lou

Notes: Preliminary version of 5.1a (contract changes alread in at this point) applied prior to preseason 2013. Final version of 5.1a (with offensive stats increase) applied at beginning of free agency 2014. I've decided to continue this dynasty, rather than re-starting, although I'd imagine there'll be very few offensive records from 2004-2013 that stick around. 2014 Roster Shaping on the way...

Last edited by Ben E Lou : 12-03-2004 at 08:46 AM.