Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-16-2023, 03:11 PM   #201
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by miami_fan View Post
I am not even a Lakers fan but I am stressed watching Anthony Davis play. I am prepared for him to pull up lame no matter what he is doing on the court.

Still the case.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2023, 09:38 PM   #202
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Milwaukee might be in trouble.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2023, 10:02 PM   #203
Galaril
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
Milwaukee might be in trouble.

Yup.
Galaril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2023, 10:47 PM   #204
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Best I can tell, Monty Williams might be the first coach fired during a playoff series if he doesn't figure out a way to get KD some 4th quarter touches.
Old 04-18-2023, 05:59 PM   #205
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

This one is brilliant. And the guy behind the account is being profiled on NBC Nightly News right now!

M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2023, 03:46 PM   #206
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Javaris Crittenton will get early release from prison following a judge's ruling that his agreement with prosecutors should stand. Likely out any day now, having served 10 years of his 23 year sentence for voluntary manslaughter and aggravated assault

Mentioning mostly because I hadn't thought of his name in a hot minute or three.
Old 04-21-2023, 09:33 PM   #207
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Twitter has delivered ... the comments that have Jalen Rose hairline trending have literally caused me to laugh out loud to the point of actual tears.
Old 04-22-2023, 12:26 AM   #208
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Even my daughter said wtf is up with his hair
Old 04-22-2023, 06:26 AM   #209
miami_fan
Coordinator

Has there been another NBA player to go from winning the MVP to being the proverbial victory cigar in the way Derrick Rose has?
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
Old 04-22-2023, 09:29 AM   #210
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
Twitter has delivered ... the comments that have Jalen Rose hairline trending have literally caused me to laugh out loud to the point of actual tears.

For a guy that probably pays three figures for his haircuts, that's some bad sharpie work

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2023, 10:16 AM   #211
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Nick Nurse fired. Seems weird to fire a top 5 coach in the league. I’d rather have Spo, Kerr or Lue but I think he’s right there after that.
Old 04-22-2023, 02:35 PM   #212
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Nick Nurse fired. Seems weird to fire a top 5 coach in the league. I’d rather have Spo, Kerr or Lue but I think he’s right there after that.

Mostly so they can hire Udoka I imagine.

And, like baseball, it's a lot easier to fire a coach than it is to completely flip over a roster these days.
Old 04-22-2023, 09:38 PM   #213
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Dillion Brooks looks like (more of) a moron. 35-9 LA
Old 04-26-2023, 10:32 PM   #214
stevew
Hall Of Famer

JBB sucks.
Old 04-26-2023, 11:47 PM   #215
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Bucks out already. That’s a wow.
Old 04-27-2023, 12:10 AM   #216
rjolley
College Starter

Quote:
Bucks out already. That’s a wow.

Definitely. I thought they'd lose to the Celtics in the ECF.
rjolley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2023, 06:42 AM   #217
Ksyrup

Frickin' late games. I stayed up until 12:20ish and got to the OT in the Bucks game and 6 minutes left in the Warriors game, but I had to get some sleep because I was up by 6:15.

I did see that the NBA is finally relenting on the late start midweek games for the finals. They'll now start at 8:30.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Old 04-27-2023, 06:49 AM   #218
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
Frickin' late games. I stayed up until 12:20ish and got to the OT in the Bucks game and 6 minutes left in the Warriors game, but I had to get some sleep because I was up by 6:15.

I did see that the NBA is finally relenting on the late start midweek games for the finals. They'll now start at 8:30.

As I get older, I resent sports leagues' slavish devotion to the West Coast more and more.
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2023, 07:20 AM   #219
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by albionmoonlight View Post
As I get older, I resent sports leagues' slavish devotion to the West Coast more and more.

I went to bed around 11 and couldn't believe the second half of the Heat game was just starting.
Lathum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2023, 09:57 PM   #220
miami_fan
Coordinator

Confession time!

I really miss the Knicks/Heat playoffs matchups of the late 90's. The basketball was horrible but the sports hate? The sports hate was so much fun.
Old 04-29-2023, 12:36 AM   #221
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Lol @ Memphis.
Old 04-29-2023, 11:48 PM   #222
Galaril
Pro Starter

Wow I think a lot of folks are sleeping on the Nuggets. They handed the Suns their ass tonight. The only team no one is talking about.
Old 04-30-2023, 02:33 AM   #223
stevew
Hall Of Famer

They’re the #1 seed in the West. Pretty sure everyone expects them to at least get to the Western Conference finals.
Old 04-30-2023, 09:55 AM   #224
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

How much ref fuckery will be going on in the Kings-Warriors game to try and get a lame 6/7 matchup between weakened Warriors and Lakers teams to try and back door them into the NBA Finals? I mean screwing over the Kings is an NBA tradition.

EDIT: And, hey, look, Scott Foster is working the game

SI

Last edited by sterlingice : 04-30-2023 at 11:23 AM.
Old 04-30-2023, 10:56 AM   #225
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
They’re the #1 seed in the West. Pretty sure everyone expects them to at least get to the Western Conference finals.

I think people think they can go to the WC finals. It may be even more accurate to say that the Nuggets specifically Jokic better make it to the WC Finals or else.
Old 04-30-2023, 11:58 AM   #226
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Confession time!

I really miss the Knicks/Heat playoffs matchups of the late 90's. The basketball was horrible but the sports hate? The sports hate was so much fun.

I watched the entire 5-hour 30 for 30 Lakers/Celtics documentary on a long flight recently, I was captivated. I lived through some of it, and certainly knew about it all, but, I had forgotten what sports used to be like. I know today's players could sweep the floor with either of those teams, and that every fan's "best" era is going to the one the grew up with, but, damn, I remembered how I used to live and die with this stuff.

Edit: We know that Magic and Larry became friends in their later years, but, it was wild to see them still talk about the hate and emotions and joy and disappointments they STILL have about those games. It was all still so real.

Last edited by molson : 04-30-2023 at 12:32 PM.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2023, 12:15 PM   #227
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Bill Simmons has talked about how current stars are all great friends with each other b/c they all grew up on the same AAU teams and are all in that star NBA player world with each other, and so they really aren't trying to kill each other out there.

But in the 80s, these guys just fucking hated each other, and it was awesome to watch as fans.
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2023, 01:38 PM   #228
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Please please please fire the guy who pulled Love out of the Cavs rotation. This is traumatic to see him doing Kevin Love stuff all over the floor.
Old 04-30-2023, 05:07 PM   #229
Ksyrup

Steph Curry is unbelievable. I'd love to see him play in person just once but the closest games would be in Indy, Memphis, Cleveland, Atlanta, Detroit, Charlotte... and with "load management," there's no way I'd take the chance of him not playing.

Maybe a playoff game but that's a lot of dough.
Old 04-30-2023, 05:17 PM   #230
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Steph Curry is unbelievable. I'd love to see him play in person just once but the closest games would be in Indy, Memphis, Cleveland, Atlanta, Detroit, Charlotte... and with "load management," there's no way I'd take the chance of him not playing.

Been there. Done that. Do not recommend. 0 out of 5 stars.

2018 NBA Western Conference Finals Game 7: Warriors vs Rockets, May 28, 2018 | Basketball-Reference.com

SI

Last edited by sterlingice : 04-30-2023 at 05:18 PM.
Old 04-30-2023, 06:53 PM   #231
bronconick
College Starter

Quote:

Curry walked into Sacramento and took their souls.
bronconick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2023, 06:01 PM   #232
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Though I'm surprised that Milwaukee actually pulled the trigger and fired Budenholzer today, I can't imagine anyone in Atlanta was all that surprised by the first round exit.
Old 05-04-2023, 06:35 PM   #233
stevew
Hall Of Famer

3 of the last 4 title winning head coaches are currently not head coaches.
Old 05-04-2023, 08:37 PM   #234
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
Though I'm surprised that Milwaukee actually pulled the trigger and fired Budenholzer today, I can't imagine anyone who has watched him anytime he was a head coach was all that surprised by the first round exit.

Fixed.

Last edited by miami_fan : 05-04-2023 at 08:38 PM.
Old 05-04-2023, 09:58 PM   #235
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Pretty wild that they don’t even need to play a Center to guard Davis.
Old 05-04-2023, 11:37 PM   #236
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Pretty wild that they don’t even need to play a Center to guard Davis.

Depends which Davis shows up
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2023, 11:54 PM   #237
stevew
Hall Of Famer

This was def a Tony Davis game.
Old 05-05-2023, 11:42 AM   #238
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
This is a pretty awesome read.

The year that changed Kevin Durant forever - ESPN
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2023, 12:15 PM   #239
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

Given the news, let me repost this from March 5th:

Quote:
Originally Posted by flere-imsaho View Post
My older son & I went to the Bucks v Sixers game last night and had a good time. It's been a while since I've been to an NBA game and I have to say I found the stadium (Fiserv Forum) really modern and great. We had tickets in the 8th row behind the Bucks' bench, which was super cool, especially as my son is a big Giannis fan.

Shame the Bucks lost. From my perspective the Bucks just got predictable on offense and couldn't shut Harden down, down the stretch. And anytime Embiid wanted that stepback jumper, he had it.

Additionally, in that March game, there were a lot of offensive possessions where nothing really worked out and so at about 6 seconds they dumped the ball to Giannis clearly hoping he'd pull off something magical (and he did a few times).

A good coach could clearly do a lot more with this team.
flere-imsaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2023, 09:47 PM   #240
miami_fan
Coordinator

Lebron might have to spend $1 million on his body tonight after making the full court sprint to deflect that ball.
Old 05-08-2023, 02:07 PM   #241
miami_fan
Coordinator

The NBA is not seriously thinking about suspending Jokic are they? They should have already said that Jokic would not face any further punishment if not rescind the technical altogether.
Old 05-10-2023, 10:38 PM   #242
stevew
Hall Of Famer

I really would not want to play basketball with Jordan Poole. That contract really looks bad. Moses Moody looks like he might be a good player someday. Plus he seems to play pretty bag for his size(as does Payton)
Old 05-11-2023, 05:25 AM   #243
miami_fan
Coordinator

Celtics fans,

How we feeling about Jaylen Brown for the five-year, $295 million supermax extension and Jayson Tatum for five-year, $318 million?
Old 05-11-2023, 06:57 AM   #244
Galaril
Pro Starter

Quote:
Celtics fans,

How we feeling about Jaylen Brown for the five-year, $295 million supermax extension and Jayson Tatum for five-year, $318 million?

Yeah first off those super axes are made so they fit more easily under the soft cap. But, whether the Celtics are eliminated or regroup and win it all they need to make some offseason moves. I am not at this time in favor of trading Brown or Tatum. That being said I and many Celtics fans think Brown wants out. The Celtics need to decide if Brown’s heart he wants to stay in Boston’s long term or if in a year or two after getting the super max he wants out. It is obvious the Celtics need a star big to go with Brown and Tatum. I am not sure where they go to get that. Maybe they could trade for Andre Ayton. I think they could make a decent package with the likes of Smart, Grant Williams, Robert Williams, and Payton Pritchard for Ayton or someone like him. They also could make a run at Damon Lillian’s but not sure that helps the front court issues. Though Brown and Tatum have been together 5-6 years they are still only 25. I think they need to find an Alpha vet that can come in and lead. Tatum is #1 that does not want to be a 1 in the 4th quarter it seems and Brown that is has a #1 mentality in a #2 players body.

Last edited by Galaril : 05-11-2023 at 07:01 AM.
Old 05-11-2023, 08:38 PM   #245
Jas_lov
College Starter

After tonight I don't think you can give Tatum the max deal. Maybe they win despite him but pretty bad performance in a must win.
Jas_lov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2023, 09:58 PM   #246
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jas_lov View Post
After tonight I don't think you can give Tatum the max deal. Maybe they win despite him but pretty bad performance in a must win.

everyone has bad stretches. He out scored the sixers 16-13 in the fourth.
Old 05-11-2023, 10:04 PM   #247
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jas_lov View Post

This is a laughable take.
Lathum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2023, 11:40 PM   #248
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

now, to be fair, he probably wrote that while Tatum was 0-10, or 1-13. He certainly had giant cojones to take key three pointers when he was having a shooting night like that (even bigger to MAKE them)
Old 05-12-2023, 08:45 AM   #249
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

Here's my plan if I'm GM of the Boston Celtics:

1. Win this year's finals.
2. Sign Tatum & Brown to maximum deals.
3. Trade everything else for Joel Embiid.
4. Win more finals than Bill Russell and don't draft again until mid-century.

Thank you for coming to my TED talk. I will not be taking questions at this time.
flere-imsaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2023, 12:40 PM   #250
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

I think we need a flere comic like the old days.

"Meanwhile in Philadelphia.."

Jayson Tatum: "Wheeee!" (shoots ball over the top of the basket)

Jayson Tatum: "Ok, I got this.." (CLANK!)

Jayson Tatum: "Don't worry, it's just a phase (throws an actual brick at the hoop)

Jayson Tatum: "Hey coach, why are we losing?"

Joe Mazzula: Because you need to put the ball in the hoop to score points?

JT: "oh! Sorry about that"

Doc Rivers on sideline "Uh-oh."

JT: (multiple basketballs go into hoop) Really, I should have thought of that 40 minutes ago.

Joel Embiid: Coach, we need to make an adjustment. Should we stop Tatum from 3 point shots?

Doc Rivers: "Um, I dunno.. it might affect our Game 7 if we do that.."

Embiid: (sighs) You are the WORST coach in closeout games..

Rivers: That's because I've had so much practice at them!