Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Front Office Football Multiplayer > WOOF Alternate Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 12-02-2006, 02:43 PM   #151
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch View Post

I think this will be the Wolves logo. With Black and Dark Green as the team colors.

I like it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
THought I might lend a hand to wade (when time permits) and was searching for "sandshark" and ran across this ironic picture.

My gut tells me that the sandshark one could become difficult... I have avoided a search for it because of that .. anything you can do would be awesome...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeeberD View Post
I really like this one. Thanks, wade! My only question is if it would be possible to fit the word "Stallions" on there as well? If it's not, no big deal...
Hmm... I'll have to think on that.. LS proposed a potential option that seems like it could work... So, I'll sit down and play with that in a couple of days... do you prefer it with the white background or black? The biggest problem i see is matching fonts...

Quote:
Originally Posted by digamma View Post
Man, thanks, wade. I had been looking for a Jefferson profile too, but can't seem to find one either. I like the first and the last as well, with my preference being the last. Looks great, though. THanks!

NP... I have somethign I want to try with the last one, but I'll roll with that one... sounds like LS may try the profile, so we'll see how that goes... This one was REALLY easy.. like 2 mins, so no prblem if we end up with a better one...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigSca View Post
Ok, another guy without graphics skills...so if anyone would like to take a shot at it, that would be wonderful.

I had two ideas, really. In one, I would have something like the flash on my company's website www.neoscale.com. Basically, in the clear text going in one end and an encrypted data stream coming out the other. Instead of our product, I would probably just have a padlock. Actually implementing this logo, however, sounds difficult because I'm not so sure you would get the "in the clear" to "encrypted" effect since the logo necessarily has to be smaller.

The second idea I had was to have a logo padlock with Encryptors written in a semi-circle above the padlock. However...I was hoping for a very futuristic font to write Encryptors. My intent was to have to use your head a little to read the word "Encryptors" and thus have that same encrypted effect.

Anyone want to take a shot?

I'll take a look at it.. LS had an interesting idea he was mentioning in IM which was to have a logo that has "DE" in Binary...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
Old 12-02-2006, 06:28 PM   #152
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Old 12-03-2006, 06:41 AM   #153
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post

You had mentioned something like this, so I did it up real quick as an option...

Quote:
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
Old 12-03-2006, 06:41 AM   #154
wade moore
lolzcat

Just noticed your greens are darker...

Quote:
Old 12-03-2006, 06:50 AM   #155
wade moore
lolzcat

Daimyo:

With your new team name, I'm personally a big fan of the Richmond Spiders logo - http://www.sportslogos.net/logo.php?lo=2588

What do you think? If you like it, any thoughts on colors?

Quote:
Old 12-03-2006, 07:29 AM   #156
wade moore
lolzcat

Miked:

The "jagged" edges (at least what are jagged imo) are part of the original image, so not much I can do about that.

Quote:
Old 12-03-2006, 07:31 AM   #157
wade moore
lolzcat

gstelmack and I chatted a bit in PM, and I used his idea for Raleigh and just changed it a bit... I've been trying to get the text in there in a good way, but havent' had much luck.. here are two choices though...

Quote:
Old 12-03-2006, 07:45 AM   #158
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northwood_DK View Post
http://www.sportslogos.net/logo.php?lo=2428

I plan to use the logo from “Albany Great Danes”. If someone with Photoshop skills can help I want the following change made.

- Change “University of Albany” to Copenhagen
- Remove the A
- Change the colors to red and white (Danish flag)

I'm working on this and running into a difficulty...

I think you really need to have 3 colors... I'm going to have a difficult time doing the dog with only two colors when he's designed to have three...

Quote:
Old 12-03-2006, 07:58 AM   #159
Northwood_DK
College Benchwarmer

Thanks for looking at this. I have tried a bit myseld without much luck. Please feel free to use what ever colors you feel looks best.
Old 12-03-2006, 08:10 AM   #160
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northwood_DK View Post
Thanks for looking at this. I have tried a bit myseld without much luck. Please feel free to use what ever colors you feel looks best.

Here's an initial stab...

I can easily change the color combinations... I've got the areas selected and everything, so I can try different things out...

Thoughts?

Quote:
Old 12-03-2006, 08:42 AM   #161
JeeberD
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by wade moore View Post
Hmm... I'll have to think on that.. LS proposed a potential option that seems like it could work... So, I'll sit down and play with that in a couple of days... do you prefer it with the white background or black? The biggest problem i see is matching fonts...

I prefer the white background, and I think LS idea might work quite nicely. Thanks, fellas...

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
Old 12-03-2006, 09:47 AM   #162
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
Here's an initial stab...

I can easily change the color combinations... I've got the areas selected and everything, so I can try different things out...

Thoughts?

And with whatever colors you choose, maybe your helmet is just this:

Quote:
Old 12-03-2006, 10:04 AM   #163
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emiliano View Post
I'd like my logo to be inspired from the gladiator on this banner:

As for team colors, I think the dark red/orange/white combination could be good for me.

Aight.. so here's the problem I'm running into...

This logo is pretty cool, but the one right here has the arm cut-off on the bottom, plus it's kind of small. I went to the website to try and find a bigger, full image.. they have one that is a bit bigger and hast he full arm, but it's not that great of a quality - which makes fixing up the colors difficult.. so if you can find a higher quality, bigger image of this guy, let me know..

Or, I did find a good quality image of the guy with black sillhouette in the background that I could use..

Thoughts?

Quote:
Old 12-03-2006, 10:07 AM   #164
wade moore
lolzcat

All -

I'm going to be keeping the first post of this thread updated with the logos as we make them and change them, so that is a quick reference to see where we are...

And to enjoy all of the red ...

Quote:
Old 12-03-2006, 10:37 AM   #165
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by VPI97 View Post

Just a comment/question on this one..

What will you use on your helmet? Just the shield or something?

Quote:
Old 12-03-2006, 10:41 AM   #166
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3ric View Post
This blue color will be perfect.

Quote:
Old 12-03-2006, 11:26 AM   #167
wade moore
lolzcat

Ant:

Ok.. there are a TON of good shark logos on the web.. I'm not sure how I can actually make it a "sand shark", so I'm just working with shark logos and your colors..

Here is my first attempt..

Quote:
Old 12-03-2006, 11:27 AM   #168
CraigSca
Pro Starter

Not sure how this will turn out, because I had to do this in Powerpoint and convert to a .GIF. However, this is what I was thinking as a font for the Encryptors. It's "Space Age" from 1001fonts.com.

how do you know?

Old 12-03-2006, 11:27 AM   #169
CraigSca
Pro Starter

Good grief. My apologies for the size.
how do you know?

Old 12-03-2006, 11:35 AM   #170
wade moore
lolzcat

Ant - Attempt #2:

Edit: And again, any logo you like, it's easy to swap colors around, just taking a stab at the colors you mentioned.

Quote:

Last edited by wade moore : 12-03-2006 at 11:37 AM.
Old 12-03-2006, 11:36 AM   #171
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
Good grief. My apologies for the size.

Is it supposed to be just the word "Encryptors" in that font, or is there more?

FWIW, Dutch has been working on a logo for you that he's shown me in a PM...

Quote:
Old 12-03-2006, 11:41 AM   #172
wade moore
lolzcat

Ant - Attemp #3:

Quote:

Last edited by wade moore : 12-03-2006 at 11:45 AM.
Old 12-03-2006, 11:50 AM   #173
CraigSca
Pro Starter

Quote:

Well...I am logo-disadvantaged, so really, I have no clue. Initially, for the helmet, I was looking for a padlock with the word Encryptors in a semi-circle around the top, so that was my stab at a font that would look futuristic. As far as a logo is concerned, I really am at a loss.
how do you know?

Old 12-03-2006, 11:54 AM   #174
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
Well...I am logo-disadvantaged, so really, I have no clue. Initially, for the helmet, I was looking for a padlock with the word Encryptors in a semi-circle around the top, so that was my stab at a font that would look futuristic. As far as a logo is concerned, I really am at a loss.

Yeah, wasn't trying to insult it, was just confused because of all the blank space... wasn't sure if there was supposed to be something there or not...

Quote:
Old 12-03-2006, 11:56 AM   #175
3ric
College Starter

Quote:

Do you think the word "Lappland" would fit well in the space under the reindeer and to the left of the hind legs? Sort of a bold script font with white text and yellow border.
Old 12-03-2006, 12:20 PM   #176
CraigSca
Pro Starter

Quote:
Yeah, wasn't trying to insult it, was just confused because of all the blank space... wasn't sure if there was supposed to be something there or not...

Oh no - the 45 feet of white space was Powerpoint's contribution
how do you know?

Old 12-03-2006, 12:51 PM   #177
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3ric View Post
Do you think the word "Lappland" would fit well in the space under the reindeer and to the left of the hind legs? Sort of a bold script font with white text and yellow border.

I'm sure it would... but do you mean for a general logo or a helmet logo? Take my initial attempts at attempts at what would go on the helmet..

Quote:
Oh no - the 45 feet of white space was Powerpoint's contribution

Gotcha ...

Quote:
Old 12-03-2006, 02:31 PM   #178
Dutch
"Dutch"

Quote:

Dutch is back at the drawing board right now. But armed with some fundamentals that I didn't really think about before.
Old 12-03-2006, 02:40 PM   #179
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
You had mentioned something like this, so I did it up real quick as an option...

looks pretty solid.
Green shade 0-104-71
red shade 206-17-38

I was also tempted to do something with the Coat of arms , or this flag.

Maybe the coat of arms in a circle on the side of a red helmet with Green and White Stripes, or any combo of that(green, white or red helmet).

Last edited by stevew : 12-03-2006 at 02:41 PM.
Old 12-03-2006, 03:37 PM   #180
wade moore
lolzcat

Steve - I'll play with it some.. if nothing else, I'll use that style star rather than the 5 point star...

Quote:
Old 12-03-2006, 08:43 PM   #181
lordscarlet
Pro Starter

Sorry guys, I was out of town all weekend. I didn't find some time to start messing with the backend of the site on the plane, but I have a ways to go.

Quote:
Miked:

The "jagged" edges (at least what are jagged imo) are part of the original image, so not much I can do about that.

I can probably fix that.

Quote:
And with whatever colors you choose, maybe your helmet is just this:

I think I can also replace the blank spot where the tag was.

Quote:
Aight.. so here's the problem I'm running into...

This logo is pretty cool, but the one right here has the arm cut-off on the bottom, plus it's kind of small. I went to the website to try and find a bigger, full image.. they have one that is a bit bigger and hast he full arm, but it's not that great of a quality - which makes fixing up the colors difficult.. so if you can find a higher quality, bigger image of this guy, let me know..

Or, I did find a good quality image of the guy with black sillhouette in the background that I could use..

Thoughts?

Maybe I can fix this too? You're doing a good job with the logos, so right now I think I'll mainly give you input and concentrate on the site.

"...the better half of the Moores..." -cthomer5000
Old 12-03-2006, 09:39 PM   #182
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordscarlet View Post
Sorry guys, I was out of town all weekend. I didn't find some time to start messing with the backend of the site on the plane, but I have a ways to go.

I think you mean did find time... ...

Quote:
I can probably fix that.

Sweet... there's another one that I may ask for some of your illustrator work on.

Quote:
I think I can also replace the blank spot where the tag was.

I probably could to, I honestly didn't think it was that big of a deal for now and was thinking of maybe going back later to try and fix it...

Quote:
Maybe I can fix this too? You're doing a good job with the logos, so right now I think I'll mainly give you input and concentrate on the site.

This is the other one I thought you might be able to help with.. using the method that you use that I can't figure out, I think you could use the big, low quality one.. because the low quality is in the fill color, not the outline..

I think you could help me with Quik's Hawk logo too as I have the same problem.

Quote:
Old 12-04-2006, 07:19 AM   #183
Antmeister
Pro Starter

Quote:
Ant:

Ok.. there are a TON of good shark logos on the web.. I'm not sure how I can actually make it a "sand shark", so I'm just working with shark logos and your colors..

Here is my first attempt..

Quote:
Ant - Attempt #2:

Edit: And again, any logo you like, it's easy to swap colors around, just taking a stab at the colors you mentioned.

Quote:
Ant - Attemp #3:

Ummmm....wow.....thank you very much wade. I had no idea someone was working on the logos. This is way better than anything I would have done. Seriously, this is very much appreciated. Anyways I happen to like this logo most of all:

The only change I would ask is to swap the yellow and black. In other words, I would like to see a black background with a yellow outline. Thanks for all of your hard work. That is some good stuff.
Old 12-04-2006, 07:33 AM   #184
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antmeister View Post
Ummmm....wow.....thank you very much wade. I had no idea someone was working on the logos. This is way better than anything I would have done. Seriously, this is very much appreciated. Anyways I happen to like this logo most of all:

The only change I would ask is to swap the yellow and black. In other words, I would like to see a black background with a yellow outline. Thanks for all of your hard work. That is some good stuff.

Quote:
Old 12-04-2006, 07:43 AM   #185
fantastic flying froggies
Pro Rookie

My helmet resized by Cuervo:

I'm not sure if I use this as the logo as well, or if I should come up with another logo?
any ideas?
Old 12-04-2006, 07:47 AM   #186
wade moore
lolzcat

Does cuervo have this available just as a flat file? Just for my anal desire to have all of these available in a 256x256 file like we have over at IHOF?

Quote:
Old 12-04-2006, 07:49 AM   #187
Pro Rookie

Quote:

Quote:

fwiw, I like the yellow background better.

There's something wrong with that purple on black, it hurts my eyes!
Old 12-04-2006, 07:51 AM   #188
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantastic flying froggies View Post

You've clearly never been a goth.
Old 12-04-2006, 07:53 AM   #189
Antmeister
Pro Starter

Quote:
fwiw, I like the yellow background better.

Yeah, I just PM'd wade to tell him I will most likely stick with the original. I thought the yellow might work as an outline, but I was dead wrong.
Old 12-04-2006, 07:56 AM   #190
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
Yeah, I just PM'd wade to tell him I will most likely stick with the original. I thought the yellow might work as an outline, but I was dead wrong.

Sounded like a good idea to me until I put it into execution. I agree though seeing it out there. I'm playing with some other combos and so far I still think the first way is the better looking way.

Quote:
Old 12-04-2006, 08:00 AM   #191
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narcizo View Post
You've clearly never been a goth.

Actually, I was. But back then, we wore exclusively all black.
Old 12-04-2006, 08:05 AM   #192
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

I had a very busy weekend, so I was unable to do any work on a logo for the Cheetahs. I'm still going to figure something out soon, though. I just hope that we don't start up the league too soon, because my eLicense is still not working (I made a reference to it in the Off Topic forum), so I can't even load up FOF right now. Bah.
Old 12-04-2006, 08:08 AM   #193
RedKingGold
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpy Tudors View Post
I had a very busy weekend, so I was unable to do any work on a logo for the Cheetahs. I'm still going to figure something out soon, though. I just hope that we don't start up the league too soon, because my eLicense is still not working (I made a reference to it in the Off Topic forum), so I can't even load up FOF right now. Bah.

I'm still under the impression that we won't officially start until right before the holidays (Dec. 22nd-23rd ish) with possibly waiting until right after the Xmas holiday to really get rolling.
Old 12-04-2006, 08:20 AM   #194
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedKingGold View Post
I'm still under the impression that we won't officially start until right before the holidays (Dec. 22nd-23rd ish) with possibly waiting until right after the Xmas holiday to really get rolling.
Good stuff. I e-mailed ViaTech the other night and am hoping for resolution soon.
Old 12-04-2006, 09:09 AM   #195
lordscarlet
Pro Starter

Quote:
My helmet resized by Cuervo:

I'm not sure if I use this as the logo as well, or if I should come up with another logo?
any ideas?

I just like that someone is going to have a pink helmet. But I like the logo as well.

Old 12-04-2006, 09:10 AM   #196
lordscarlet
Pro Starter

Quote:

Before giving up, I would add some black to the yellow... that is, particularly in the mouth, have a black edge on the yellow between yellow/purple and yellow/white.

Old 12-04-2006, 09:35 AM   #197
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

It's clearly just a cunning ploy by FFF. Having godawful team colours will stop everyone from scouting his players very thoroughly. Presuming he can bring himself to get used to the colour scheme he'll have an unfair advantage.

If he can't he'll be shagged.

Last edited by Narcizo : 12-04-2006 at 09:35 AM.
Old 12-04-2006, 09:40 AM   #198
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordscarlet View Post
Before giving up, I would add some black to the yellow... that is, particularly in the mouth, have a black edge on the yellow between yellow/purple and yellow/white.

Quote:
Old 12-04-2006, 11:30 AM   #199
wade moore
lolzcat

Locking thread, continue conversation on the new board.

Quote: