Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Front Office Football Multiplayer > WOOF Alternate Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-28-2006, 04:40 PM   #51
Daimyo
College Starter

Since we're going international I'll likely put my team in Beijing if I can come up with a suitable nickname.

EDIT: Currently mulling Beijing Workers or Beijing People's Team.

Last edited by Daimyo : 11-28-2006 at 05:25 PM.
Old 11-28-2006, 04:43 PM   #52
Dutch
"Dutch"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeeberD View Post
Bastard! You stole my colors!

Actually, Stuttgart High was more of a bright red and white. I think I can still work with that...

It should work, but since you have more of a history with Stuttgart than I do with K-Town, I'll think about altering my colors a bit so we don't look like carbon-copies of each other.
Old 11-28-2006, 04:43 PM   #53
TredWel
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedKingGold View Post
Didn't even notice you were from Scranton. I was born in Wilkes-Barre and went to King's College.

Are you originally from Scranton, or did you just wind up there?

If that's the case, I'll let you have Scranton on the condition that you and I are placed in the same division so we can have a healthy rivalry.

Cool. I've lived in Scranton for virtually my entire life. I don't know if anybody else on the board has ties to the area, so I'm happy to know that I'm not the only one!

I spent today at work thinking up one for my other stomping ground, the Midwest, but I guess it won't be necessary. The Scranton Steam Engines look forward to years of domination of the Coal Miners from that other city down-da-line.
Old 11-28-2006, 04:43 PM   #54
Dutch
"Dutch"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daimyo View Post
Since we're going international I'll likely put my team in Beijing if I can come up with a suitable nickname.

Beijing Bling!
Old 11-28-2006, 04:47 PM   #55
RedKingGold
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TredWel View Post
Cool. I've lived in Scranton for virtually my entire life. I don't know if anybody else on the board has ties to the area, so I'm happy to know that I'm not the only one!

I spent today at work thinking up one for my other stomping ground, the Midwest, but I guess it won't be necessary. The Scranton Steam Engines look forward to years of domination of the Coal Miners from that other city down-da-line.

Nice. I was actually thinking of Railroaders, Steam Engines, or Locomotives before getting away from the whole train idea.
Old 11-28-2006, 04:49 PM   #56
miked
College Starter

I might change mine to the Helena Titans, since there already seems to be a logo. I found some cool Grizzlies ones, but they all had much crap on it.

My photoshop skills aren't all that, so I'd rather get one that already exists

Other choices could be Boise Rough Riders

Or the Bozeman Kodiaks

Thoughts?
Old 11-28-2006, 05:17 PM   #57
VPI97
Hokie, Hokie, Hokie, Hi

Portsmouth (OH) Spartans

...or Trojans...I haven't decided.
Old 11-28-2006, 05:34 PM   #58
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

Quote:
I'll likely put my team in Beijing
That'll make for one rather interesting divisional alignment.
Old 11-28-2006, 05:34 PM   #59
Ben E Lou

Dola: Maybe a Eurasia Division?
Old 11-28-2006, 06:35 PM   #60
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuikSand View Post
While I have something of a tradition of using Chesapeake as my team location, I'm tempted to go with Hawk Mountain Sharpshins in this league. Tentative for now... I may wuss out and go with the Chesapeake somethingoranothers after all.

(incidentally, Hawk Mountain is in Eastern PA, for city placement... but I don't care about where we are placed regionally if flexibility would help things out)

Looks like I might not get to battle it out with you this time around then...

Wait, that's probably a good thing for me ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
Old 11-28-2006, 07:38 PM   #61
WSUCougar
Rider Of Rohan

Quote:

Tiananmen Tanks being probably too tasteless...how about the Tiananmen Squares?
Old 11-28-2006, 07:47 PM   #62
TroyF
Coordinator

If anyone else was really set on the raptors, I'm more than willing to change my team name. It was just a regional name. Grand Junction is pretty close to Dinosaur valley where they've unvovered thousands of dinosaurs. The closest town to dinosaur valley is actually Vernal, UT, but if you think I'm selecting that hell hole as my city, you are crazy.
Old 11-28-2006, 08:29 PM   #63
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by WSUCougar View Post
Tiananmen Tanks being probably too tasteless...how about the Tiananmen Squares?

To go with the Tianamen theme, how about the Tianamen Tigers? In reference to the US Flying Tigers based in China during WW2.
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
Old 11-28-2006, 08:36 PM   #64
WSUCougar
Rider Of Rohan

Cool idea. Awesome logo options, too.
Old 11-28-2006, 08:53 PM   #65
CraigSca
Pro Starter

Delaware Encryptors (rename Wilmington, DE)

Thank you!
how do you know?

Old 11-28-2006, 09:25 PM   #66
wade moore
lolzcat

I was just playing around some.. If I play around with a logo for your team and you don't like it, do NOT hesitate to say so as I have no faith in my graphics abilities and it's just a fun thing for me to try.. and feel free to request changes, especially in color since i'm just making stuff up...

For the Ballas:

Quote:
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
Old 11-28-2006, 09:28 PM   #67
wade moore
lolzcat

I wish I was able to make things as polished as cuervo.. meh...

Quote:
Old 11-28-2006, 09:33 PM   #68
SackAttack
Head Coach

I'd like to do the Savannah Fire Ants, but if we need a team in the Midwest, I could probably do the Kansas Wastelands, stationed in Topeka.
Old 11-29-2006, 12:24 AM   #69
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Quote:
That'll make for one rather interesting divisional alignment.

I'm more than willing to go more international if it will help put together a non-Euro/N America division, which I would really like to see. My brother lives in Auckland so I could be the Auckland All-Blacks and then I could just pinch the Rugby team's logo and not have to worry about that side of things. The weather would be all wrong but I've always thought the Miami tundra in IHOFwas quite quaint.

If FFF was Hawaii we'd just need one more team and it could be the Pacific Rim Division.

Last edited by Narcizo : 11-29-2006 at 12:25 AM.
Old 11-29-2006, 05:52 AM   #70
Ben E Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narcizo View Post
If FFF was Hawaii we'd just need one more team and it could be the Pacific Rim Division.
Another division would be problematic. Here's my suggestion at this point. I think this takes into account everyone's wishes and "maybe I could heres" to date. I put Solecismic's team in the Midwest, to honor the request from Todd.

{Spreadsheet deleted to avoid confusion later on}
  • If Quik moves his team to Chesapeake, he and Celeval could switch divisions.
  • Emiliano and Pumpy haven't mentioned prefs, but a few situations exist should either be very opposed to filling in the Midwest and West. For example, you could turn the "West" into "Pacific Rim", put Beijing there, and then put Emiliano in with the three Northern Europe teams. Or, Sack has mentioned that he could move to the Midwest. That would open up a number of scenarios such as MIJB-->Caribbean (SE) and Emiliano-->Italy (W. Europe), or Pumpy-->SE.
  • The seven existing teams from Virginia to New Jersey could be grouped otherwise if they want. I just sort of split 'em geographically as best as I could.

Last edited by Ben E Lou : 11-29-2006 at 11:36 AM.
Old 11-29-2006, 06:11 AM   #71
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TredWel View Post

I was thinking of making a Pennsyltucky team to do battle with you guys for semi rural PA supremacy, but I'll just keep myself in mexico.
Old 11-29-2006, 09:05 AM   #72
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Since practically everyone else has named a regional preference, I'm willing to just slide my team into any region that has an empty spot. Give me a region and I'll come up with a team name.
Old 11-29-2006, 09:23 AM   #73
JeeberD
General Manager

Looks like there's a spot open in West and Midwest. I bet a New Orleans team could fit into the MW division...if that's where you wanted your team.

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO

Last edited by JeeberD : 11-29-2006 at 09:24 AM.
Old 11-29-2006, 09:28 AM   #74
MIJB#19
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyDog
Emiliano and Pumpy haven't mentioned prefs, but a few situations exist should either be very opposed to filling in the Midwest and West. For example, you could turn the "West" into "Pacific Rim", put Beijing there, and then put Emiliano in with the three Northern Europe teams. Or, Sack has mentioned that he could move to the Midwest. That would open up a number of scenarios such as MIJB-->Caribbean (SE) and Emiliano-->Italy (W. Europe), or Pumpy-->SE.
If you move Beijing to the West, which for a American central point of view would make more sense, there's room for FFF and Emiliano to get into the European divisions. My suggestion for team allignments then would keep the local 'rivalries' living too.
North - Lappland, Copenhagen, Stuttgart, Kaiserslautern
South - Rusholme, Toledo, [FFF: Camargue?], [Emiliano: Italy?]

It would also create room for my team to be located in the Caribbean and an Southern or Eastern USA division.
Old 11-29-2006, 09:57 AM   #75
Northwood_DK
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIJB#19 View Post
If you move Beijing to the West, which for a American central point of view would make more sense, there's room for FFF and Emiliano to get into the European divisions. My suggestion for team allignments then would keep the local 'rivalries' living too.
North - Lappland, Copenhagen, Stuttgart, Kaiserslautern
South - Rusholme, Toledo, [FFF: Camargue?], [Emiliano: Italy?]

It would also create room for my team to be located in the Caribbean and an Southern or Eastern USA division.

I can only approve a suggestion that will put me in another division then Narcizo.
Old 11-29-2006, 09:57 AM   #76
Emiliano
College Prospect

Guys, if it's possible, I'd want my team to be the Rome Gladiators, based here in Italy. You won't believe it, but it's the real-life american football team here.

I don't have any particular regional preference, although it'll make sense to be in the Euro division, I think. SkyDog's scenario is very good for me, but I like also MIJB's one, with the North/South split.

---

Sorry to be a little late to the discussion, but my grandpa died monday and I had 3 very busy days.
Old 11-29-2006, 09:58 AM   #77
Celeval
Pro Starter

I'm not tied to the Delmarva area, either.
Old 11-29-2006, 10:06 AM   #78
MIJB#19
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emiliano
Sorry to be a little late to the discussion, but my grandpa died monday and I had 3 very busy days.
My condolences...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northwood_DK
I can only approve a suggestion that will put me in another division then Narcizo.
D'oh. Maybe you don't, but maybe 3ric and Narcizo do like being in the same division... I just felt that the two German teams and two Scandinavian teams should be in the two regional pairs, while I'd put the Mediterranian trio together. (not to mention the Anglo-Spanish and Anglo-French clashes created).
Old 11-29-2006, 10:12 AM   #79
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Quote:
D'oh. Maybe you don't, but maybe 3ric and Narcizo do like being in the same division... I just felt that the two German teams and two Scandinavian teams should be in the two regional pairs, while I'd put the Mediterranian trio together. (not to mention the Anglo-Spanish and Anglo-French clashes created).

You're suggestion makes great sense to me, I'd look forward to being in a division with FFF, there's always room in the world for more Anglo-French rivalry. In fact I could imagine the English tabloid press having a field day of prejudices over games involving a French, Spanish and Italian teams. Time to dust off all the old stereotypes.

I'd really be happy if the division set up shaped up this way.

I think Northwood was paying me a backwards complement. Just because I keep beating him to the divisional title in NAFL. He can console himself that as soon as the league switches to 2007 I'll be screwed (my gameplan nullified and no decent quarterback) while he'll still have Carson Palmer for a load of years to come. I need to get my victories in now.

Last edited by Narcizo : 11-29-2006 at 10:14 AM.
Old 11-29-2006, 11:32 AM   #80
Ben E Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emiliano View Post
Aw, man. Sorry to hear that. No worries. Family takes precedent.
Old 11-29-2006, 11:46 AM   #81
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

OK, I'll go into the Midwest division. I'll take Columbus (OH), and we'll call my team the Cheetahs.

Now if only we could make the field five miles long...

Last edited by Pumpy Tudors : 11-29-2006 at 11:47 AM.
Old 11-29-2006, 11:55 AM   #82
Ben E Lou

I've updated the spreadsheet with Pumpy's team added, and have now put it in the first post in this thread. The one in the first post will be the one to be updated going forward.
Old 11-29-2006, 12:04 PM   #83
Dutch
"Dutch"

Ben,

Can you rename Kaiserslutern to Kaiserslautern. k thx.
Old 11-29-2006, 12:04 PM   #84
3ric
College Starter

Maybe switch JeeberD and FFF to create some different division alignments from other leagues?
Old 11-29-2006, 12:12 PM   #85
JeeberD
General Manager

Splitting up the two German teams seems a bit odd to me...

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
Old 11-29-2006, 12:35 PM   #86
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

That looks good so far. I agree that splitting the two German teams seems a bit strange.

Could we have a European division in each conference?
Old 11-29-2006, 12:38 PM   #87
miked
College Starter

Going to settle on Bozeman Kodiaks since there's already a nice logo. Da Kodiaks.
Old 11-29-2006, 12:43 PM   #88
Dutch
"Dutch"

Quote:
Originally Posted by miked View Post
Going to settle on Bozeman Kodiaks since there's already a nice logo. Da Kodiaks.

I like it.
Old 11-30-2006, 02:24 AM   #89
Emiliano
College Prospect

Thanks for the kind words guys, I appreciate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyDog View Post
JeeberD Stuttgart Stallions Europe-North
Dutch Kaiserslutern Wolves Europe-North
3ric Lappland Fightin' Reindeers Europe-North
Northwood_DK Copenhagen Great Danes Europe-North
Icy Toledo Sword Masters Europe-South
fantastic flying froggies Europe-South
Narcizo Rusholme Ruffians Europe-South
Emiliano Rome Gladiators Europe-South
digamma Charlottesville Jeffersonians Charlottesville (VA) Mid-Atlantic
wade moore Hampton Roads Scholars Mid-Atlantic
CraigSca Delaware Encryptors rename Wilmington, DE Mid-Atlantic
gstelmack Raleigh (two options) Raleigh (NC) Mid-Atlantic
VPI97 Portsmouth Portsmouth (OH) Midwest
Solecismic or replacement Midwest
Pumpy Tudors Columbus Cheetahs Columbus (OH) Midwest
Celeval Midwest
RedKingGold Wilkes-Barre Coal Miners rename Allentown (PA) Northeast
TredWel Scranton Steam Engines Scranton (PA) Northeast
QuikSand Hawk Mountain Sharpshins Northeast
Eaglesfan27 Atlantic City Gamblers Atlantic City (NJ) Northeast
MIJB#19 Southeast
Flasch186 Jacksonville Admirals Jacksonville (FL) Southeast
SkyDog Low Country Gators Charleston (SC) Southeast
SackAttack Savannah Fire Ants Savannah (GA) Southeast
primelord Las Vegas Ballas Las Vegas (NV) Southwest
cartman Driftwood Rabid Javelina rename Austin (TX) Southwest
stevew Mexico D.F. Chilangos rename San Antonio (TX) Southwest
TroyF Grand Junction Raptors Southwest
miked Bozeman Grizzlies Bozeman (MT) West
Antmeister Oceanside Sandsharks San Diego (CA) West
WSUCougar Palouse Hills Whirlwind Spokane (WA) West
Daimyo Beijing West

This setup sounds perfect to me.
Old 11-30-2006, 03:12 AM   #90
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

My idea for a helmet is sort of coming along -

I'm think of this basic design (with different colours - probably a white helmet with red and blue stripes - instead of white and orange)

But with this in the circley bit.

As you can tell, I'm probably going to need help to be able to get that looking anything like decent (the ellipses aren't even alligned properly, let alone transporting it convincingly onto a helmet). I'm thinking the writing needs to be bigger to show on a helmet that size as well.
Old 11-30-2006, 09:00 AM   #91
MIJB#19
Coordinator

Alright, time to end my (almost) endless search for info about Caribbean islands and how to make liqueur to make a fitting alliteration. And with success, I present to you: the Curaçao Cocktail. (For font ease, I can live with Curacao Cocktail.)
Old 11-30-2006, 09:17 AM   #92
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Blue Curacao, mmmm
Old 11-30-2006, 09:29 AM   #93
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narcizo View Post
My idea for a helmet is sort of coming along -

I'm think of this basic design (with different colours - probably a white helmet with red and blue stripes - instead of white and orange)

But with this in the circley bit.

As you can tell, I'm probably going to need help to be able to get that looking anything like decent (the ellipses aren't even alligned properly, let alone transporting it convincingly onto a helmet). I'm thinking the writing needs to be bigger to show on a helmet that size as well.

I was thinking about trying to play with this, but I'm a little confused...

What do you actually want in the circle? Do you want M14 or do you want RR or what?

Quote:
Old 11-30-2006, 11:33 AM   #94
MIJB#19
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
Blue Curacao, mmmm
Seriously, I considered Curacao Blue as the team name, but it was no alliteration and in my perception too baseball-like. It still could work as an alternative, though.
Old 11-30-2006, 11:34 AM   #95
fantastic flying froggies
Pro Rookie

OK, it looks as if I get to stay in Europe, which makes for great rivalries with Narcizo, Icy and Emiliano.

My team will therefore be based in the Camargue. Nickname to follow...

I don't know what city would be best used to represent the Camargue. It is a river delta and an area of marshes, so maybe something in Louisianna or south Florida would work.
Old 11-30-2006, 11:36 AM   #96
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Seriously, I considered Curacao Blue as the team name, but it was no alliteration and in my perception too baseball-like. It still could work as an alternative, though.

fwiw, I think the Curacao Blue would be a great name!
Old 11-30-2006, 11:40 AM   #97
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by fantastic flying froggies View Post
My team will therefore be based in the Camargue. Nickname to follow...

I only passed through there one time, but what I remember were the GIANT mosquitoes that were flying around.
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
Old 11-30-2006, 11:42 AM   #98
Ben E Lou

I'll update the spreadsheet tonight with the additions.
Old 11-30-2006, 11:58 AM   #99
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartman View Post
I only passed through there one time, but what I remember were the GIANT mosquitoes that were flying around.

And mosquitoes would be one nice option for my team name, but Jeeber's already using that in IHOF, so I'll probably pass.
Old 11-30-2006, 12:00 PM   #100
Ben E Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantastic flying froggies View Post
And mosquitoes would be one nice option for my team name, but Jeeber's already using that in IHOF, so I'll probably pass.
Plantation owning families would simply LEAVE the Low Country during mosquito season, because the death rate was so high. Most would let a trusted slave run the whole danged plantation for several months. It was my other option.