Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-02-2006, 08:52 AM   #101
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Aye, that's a bug that they can't fix, apparently. I did read that there is some sort of way of overcoming it but I'm a bit hazy on the details. I think what you have to do is create the ducal title that is linked to the counties. Then grant the counties and give the ducal title to one of the new counts you've created. This will make all the counts vassals of the new duke and should, logically speaking, mean that the counties stay in your demense after the peace treaty (presuming that the duke remains your vassal - there's no reason to suppose he won't). Of course, if you're only a duke then that's no help to you nor is it if you don't have enough of the counties to create the duchy. Also I'm not at all sure about all that so I'd test it first.
Narcizo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2006, 06:15 PM   #102
aran
High School Varsity

I purchased this game via the target deal along with HoI for $10 and i'm quite disappointed so far. The interface was really strange and more difficult to learn than it should have been. The game seems to assume that i know a lot about medieval feudalism. I know the basics, but nowhere near enough to play this game, it seems. There are tool-tips, sure, but not for anything/enough.

It's also a pain to look for possible spouses and peruse personel. Screens don't link to each other in intuitive ways more than not. It's frustrating.

Starting out as a lord with no spouse is so annoying. I sit there and look through other provinces for possible wives. It takes forever. My court often is quite inept, which I have no idea how to change aside from just not playing certain characters.

The "create game" screen is terrible. There's nowhere near enough information provided for me to even feel close to like I'm making a good decision on who i want to play. There's no way to view who you are, if you have a spouse, if you already have heirs, your character's info, your court's info, your liege, ANYTHING from the create game screen. The map they provide is often too small for me to even get a good idea of where a county is in the world.

I've been thoroughly underwhelmed with almost every aspect of the game so far.
aran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 01:28 AM   #103
MrBug708
Head Coach

Try it with some cheaps. I know it's not a popular item, but it can help smooth through the interfaces
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 07:26 AM   #104
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

To get an idea of who you want to play as - start a game and save immediately. Then you can look around at the dynasties etc etc. After that you can reload the save game and instead of picking the dynasty you started as you can choose to play as any dynasty you want (a great feature in the game).

There are "bride-finder" programs knocking around the Paradox forum which ought to take a lot of pain out of the marriage side (which is probably the worst aspect of the game). Generally speaking arranging marriages seems to be easier with the latest patch, which is a relief.

Most Paradox games seem to suffer from insufficient information/help. Not much I can say about that. Count yourself lucky that you didn't try playing EU1. I spent a good hour trying to figure out how to transport troops on ships. Something of a key aspect as the tutorial was set in Ireland.
Narcizo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 05:56 PM   #105
sachmo71
The boy who cried Trout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narcizo
To get an idea of who you want to play as - start a game and save immediately. Then you can look around at the dynasties etc etc. After that you can reload the save game and instead of picking the dynasty you started as you can choose to play as any dynasty you want (a great feature in the game).

There are "bride-finder" programs knocking around the Paradox forum which ought to take a lot of pain out of the marriage side (which is probably the worst aspect of the game). Generally speaking arranging marriages seems to be easier with the latest patch, which is a relief.

Most Paradox games seem to suffer from insufficient information/help. Not much I can say about that. Count yourself lucky that you didn't try playing EU1. I spent a good hour trying to figure out how to transport troops on ships. Something of a key aspect as the tutorial was set in Ireland.

I could never get the bride finder to work...kept crashing. And when I looked, there wasn't much support for it. I think the guy who wrote it quit playing the game or somesuch. It was a few months ago.
sachmo71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2006, 11:07 AM   #106
WSUCougar
Rider Of Rohan

I agree that the bride-finding aspect is a pain, but try to role-play it as part of the family-building dynasty aspect of the game. Look at your key neighbors and/or powerful families that you want to marry into. Screen these areas by the various forms of succession so you know if you can inherit some goodies once you're married into the family. Sometimes it's not as important to marry a high-rating bride as it is to hook into a good situation. Of course a balance of these factors is best.
Old 06-24-2010, 05:14 PM   #107
MrBug708
Head Coach

Did anyone else get the Crusader Kings 2 email from GamersGate?
Old 06-24-2010, 05:21 PM   #108
JPhillips
General Manager

No, but I saw this on the CrusaderKings Facebook page:

Quote:
Crusader Kings Once this page has 25,000 fans - we will announce Crusader Kings 2!

Apparently it isn't a hoax.
Old 06-24-2010, 05:45 PM   #109
sabotai
General Manager

It's on their website

Wanted: Crusader Kings 2? - Paradox Interactive
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 06:25 PM   #110
Groundhog
Coordinator

Oh snap, I'm so happy I could cry!
Old 06-24-2010, 07:17 PM   #111
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

I actually logged into facebook for the first time in years to ping that.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 08:14 PM   #112
Izulde
Head Coach

I immediately rushed to Like after getting the email.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 03:09 AM   #113
klayman
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izulde View Post
I immediately rushed to Like after getting the email.

Haha, so did I. I have recently re-visted the game with Deus Vaut and the beta patch, and the DVIP mod, and have been enjoying it very much.
klayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 05:04 PM   #114
PraetorianX
High School JV

Don't forget fellow Crusaders to convert, forcefully if need be, friends and family to the True Faith! Or at least have 'em do you a favor and go 'Like' the CK2 page. Whichever, I'm not too picky.

I'm practically drooling at the thought of CK on the Clausewitz Engine. It's so much more versatile (and moddable) than the Europa Engine was.

If it has the same sort of leap in awesomeness that EUIII (+NA/IN/HttT) had over EUII then CK2 might be the greatest thing ever created by man.

I'm hoping that CK2 (and Vicky 2) are better out of the box and without expansions than EUIII though. But I'm willing to give EUIII and it's need for expansions a pass because EU is always the first game on a completely new engine for Paradox. It's understandable that they have to work some kinks out.

But by now Paradox has done EUIII + 3 ExP's, HoI III + 1 ExP, Rome + 1 ExP and Victoria 2. I expect and hope that they'll really knock this one out of the park.
PraetorianX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 06:11 PM   #115
Groundhog
Coordinator

btw, they announced yesterday that there might be some sort of reward for liking it early, so in the unlikely event that some of you haven't liked it yet, I suggest you do so soon.
Old 06-30-2010, 09:03 AM   #116
Warhammer
Pro Starter

Done
Warhammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 09:20 AM   #117
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

they will randomly pick one winner per day to get the digital version of the game and did give away 5 boxed version of the game about an hour ago...

FM
Old 06-30-2010, 09:42 AM   #118
Bad-example
College Starter

Some of the entertaining dynasty threads here convinced me to buy this game. I never could get into it but I am really looking forward to see what they come up with in the next version.
Bad-example is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 09:57 AM   #119
aran
High School Varsity

Vicky 2 is looking really good, and it's not even set in a time period that i'm interested in or care about. It'll be great to see CK2 on a similar engine!
aran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 09:58 AM   #120
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad-example View Post
Some of the entertaining dynasty threads here convinced me to buy this game. I never could get into it but I am really looking forward to see what they come up with in the next version.

same here, bought it real cheap from GamersGate but never really gave it a chance I guess. It's still installed on my PC (with the Deus Vult expansion) so maybe someday I'll give it a real shot.

FM
Old 08-19-2010, 02:42 AM   #121
MrBug708
Head Coach

Facebook blurb says "I think we are making a sequel"

Woooooooooo
Old 08-19-2010, 03:44 AM   #122
Groundhog
Coordinator

Best news since the announcement of a new FBCB.
Old 08-19-2010, 04:34 AM   #123
PraetorianX
High School JV

I wish I could pre-order already! CK2 and the Clausewitz Engine together, it's going to be brilliant!

I'll admit I wasn't completely sure about Paradox after the disaster that was HoI3...but Victoria II has been exceptional right out of the gate and has restored my faith. HoI was always my least favorite anyway, with Victoria holding #1.

They haven't mentioned any features yet so hopefully we'll get that sometime later today.

Also they're highly likely, I think, to announce an expansion for one of the existing games as well. They have two dev teams, one for full games (CK2) and one for expansions (??) and a few months ago they had a poll asking what expansion people would like to see (I think the options were EUIII - RotW, Rome - Alexander, Victoria II - ACW, HoI3 - everything...) so hopefully we'll get an announcement on that soon.

I'm hoping for a Rome expansion, that poor game needs some loving.
Old 08-19-2010, 05:28 PM   #124
Big Fo
Pro Rookie

Heh, I was just on the Paradox forums to look at some of the mods for Victoria II and saw that there is now a Crusader Kings II forum. There wasn't much information on the game though, just an estimated release date of Q1 2012.
Big Fo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 05:30 PM   #125
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Fo View Post
Heh, I was just on the Paradox forums to look at some of the mods for Victoria II and saw that there is now a Crusader Kings II forum. There wasn't much information on the game though, just an estimated release date of Q1 2012.

2012? Well that doesn't make me feel bad about buying it last week. But reading this thread has me itching to get my dynasty started, but I've got too much work to do for the next few days first!

By the way, does anyone know if I can email a saved game and play it on two different computers easily?
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 05:36 PM   #126
MrBug708
Head Coach

Ahhhhhhh....so long!
Old 08-19-2010, 05:38 PM   #127
PraetorianX
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
2012? Well that doesn't make me feel bad about buying it last week. But reading this thread has me itching to get my dynasty started, but I've got too much work to do for the next few days first!

By the way, does anyone know if I can email a saved game and play it on two different computers easily?

You should be able to as long as both are the same version.
Old 08-19-2010, 08:10 PM   #128
Izulde
Head Coach

Hopefully the long development cycle means some fantastic improvements.

Last edited by Izulde : 08-19-2010 at 08:10 PM.
Old 08-19-2010, 08:12 PM   #129
Groundhog
Coordinator

Hopefully at the least an expanded world map with the Asian nations too.
Old 08-19-2010, 11:17 PM   #130
PraetorianX
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izulde View Post
Hopefully the long development cycle means some fantastic improvements.

They haven't said much about what's new, perhaps partly because they were having some internet troubles at the convention in Cologne.

One thing I did see mentioned here is that each province will have 'baron' characters or somesuch, so that could be interesting. They'll also be adding a version of the personal ambitions from Rome: Vae Victus. That should make things fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groundhog View Post
Hopefully at the least an expanded world map with the Asian nations too.

I think they'll likely expand it somewhat but I wouldn't expect it too far into asia. In Persia, Arabia and Africa a bit yeah, but I doubt we'll be seeing Asia proper much. It's still going to be centered around Christian nobility, after all.
Old 10-11-2010, 09:12 AM   #131
MrBug708
Head Coach

Dev Diary 1
Old 10-11-2010, 11:26 AM   #132
Izulde
Head Coach

No badboy is going to be interesting to see how it plays out.

Aging character portraits sounds fascinating.

Old 10-11-2010, 05:08 PM   #133
PraetorianX
High School JV

Badboy/Infamy didn't really fit in with the era.

I mean look at the Hundred Years War, it had nothing to do with either sad being overly naughty but was a dispute between the two dynasties. As were most wars during the time (save for the obvious other examples, which also had nothing to do with badboy).

I like how they're putting less focus on the 'nation' and more on the 'dynasty' and individual characters.

And the aging isn't really a huge feature in that it could make or break the game, but it's a huge feature in terms of immersion. When you're going to playing a dynasty and individual characters, being able to become more immersed in that world can only be a good thing.

It was always sort of annoying to see your kid finally get old enough to get a portrait, and see him looking old and gray.
Old 10-13-2010, 09:41 AM   #134
Peregrine
Pro Starter

One thing I'd like to see is some support for your dynasty including rulers of more than one area. In the original CK if you set up a relative in charge of another country, you basically got no credit for it. In history, many of the most powerful dynasties were powerful because they controlled, as a family, lots of titles and territory - they didn't have to have one head guy ruling it all, as in CK.
Peregrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 06:07 PM   #135
PraetorianX
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine View Post
One thing I'd like to see is some support for your dynasty including rulers of more than one area. In the original CK if you set up a relative in charge of another country, you basically got no credit for it. In history, many of the most powerful dynasties were powerful because they controlled, as a family, lots of titles and territory - they didn't have to have one head guy ruling it all, as in CK.

It'd be cool if there was more interaction between members of the same dynasty that are ruling in separate countries. Say as King of France you manage to get your young brother or nephew or something on the throne of Castille or something. After a time, maybe a few generations, the Castille dynasty might start challenging you for being 'head of the family' or somesuch.

Whoever is the 'head' of the family, the most prestigious member of the family, could have certain special interactions with other members. Say asking them not to ally with one of your enemies or telling them not to marry so and so or somesuch.
Old 10-28-2010, 07:07 PM   #136
MrBug708
Head Coach

From reading the forums, I've noticed that there will be twins born to your character, though no mention on how first born male twin heirs will be handled (depending on your succession law). I also read that there will be an option for bastards being born where you can claim the bastard, kill the bastard, and a new option of allowing the bastard to live, but with a different surname.
Old 11-04-2010, 09:28 AM   #137
MrBug708
Head Coach

Dev Diary 2 - Barons and Settlements

Dev Diary 2
Old 11-04-2010, 10:19 AM   #138
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I love this update, and I expecially like this:

Quote:
Another measure to keep the character count down in Crusader Kings II is that you can have your vassals double as councillors (so there is less need for minor nobles to be created by the game).

Because not only is it realistic, but I don;t have to keep my amazing son in my court instead of granting him a title, and so forth.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 10:37 AM   #139
JPhillips
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abe Sargent View Post
I love this update, and I expecially like this:

Because not only is it realistic, but I don;t have to keep my amazing son in my court instead of granting him a title, and so forth.

Hopefully they're learning from Vicky2 and HOI3 that performance really does matter.
Old 11-04-2010, 10:55 AM   #140
Izulde
Head Coach

Too bad barons aren't playable. I'd love to go from baron to king.

Old 11-04-2010, 10:56 AM   #141
Izulde
Head Coach

And, of course, see if I can mod the fictional Suchet barons in.

Old 12-02-2010, 06:25 PM   #142
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Dev Diary 3:

Paradox Interactive Forums - Crusader Kings II - Dev Diary 3 - Laws

I particularly like this one:

Quote:
Therefore, a player who is, for example, king of Norway and Denmark must change de jure laws separately per kingdom. To make things even more interesting, succession at the kingdom level (and only at the kingdom level) is also handled per kingdom, so Norway might be an elective monarchy while Denmark has primogeniture. Thus, the Norwegian dukes might elect another successor to the throne of Norway than the oldest son of the current king, which would split the kingdoms apart...

It's very realistic

Old 12-02-2010, 07:08 PM   #143
MrBug708
Head Coach

Sweet! Does this mean females can't inherit? (Though I do notice female chancellors!)

Last edited by MrBug708 : 12-02-2010 at 07:09 PM.
Old 12-02-2010, 07:45 PM   #144
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBug708 View Post
Sweet! Does this mean females can't inherit? (Though I do notice female chancellors!)

Where it says you can make all laws Cognatic or Agnatic, that refers to through females or just through males.

Old 01-15-2011, 10:56 PM   #145
Izulde
Head Coach

New dev diary. Regnal numbers for Duke and higher levels. Popes now change names after election.

Old 01-26-2011, 08:45 AM   #146
MrBug708
Head Coach

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2011...gs-ii-preview/
Old 01-26-2011, 09:46 AM   #147
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Any word on when this is due to be completed?

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 06:16 PM   #148
MrBug708
Head Coach

Other info about the game

Couple of clips in that thread
Old 01-26-2011, 06:33 PM   #149
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

2012?!? WTH? That seems like an awfully long time.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 06:36 PM   #150
MrBug708
Head Coach

Yup. But those videos in that thread have some nice bits of info in it. Worth watching for fans