Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 09-20-2012, 02:14 AM   #501
collegesportsfanms
Pro Rookie

We had some conference movement this offseason, with Hofstra leaving the CAA for the America East, and Maine joining CAA from America East.

So its time for head coach movement, where I fully expect a couple coaches to get axed. Keep in mind, new this season, I have turned on the option to have human coaches fired. This means that all FOFC coaches will be at the mercy of the game itself, even GWAL coaches. This makes it easier for me, but I will still be hiring GWAL coaches.

To no big surprise, both Mike Brown of Wichita East and Ralph Snowden at Wichita Heights have been fired. Which means I have 2 slots to fill. I will cover those right quick.

I have hired Stephen Bechtold to be the head coach at Wichita Heights. He coached at Xavier for 1 year before moving on to coach at Michigan State, where he was fired last last year and replaced by our own Deacon Palmer. We'll see how he does in the GWAL. Here is his coach card:

Code:
Steven Bechtold - Head Coach - Wichita Heights -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Age: 51 High School: North High School Hometown: North, SC Alma Mater: Louisville Current Level: 10 Career Record: 196 - 112 Recruiting: 100 Scouting: 100 Offense: 68 Defense: 32 Coaching History: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Season Team Position W L CW CL Postseason -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 2018 Michigan State Head Coach 23 11 11 7 Loss in NCAA Tourney Round of 32 2017 Michigan State Head Coach 20 13 11 7 Loss in NIT Round 1 2016 Michigan State Head Coach 16 15 5 13 No Postseason 2015 Michigan State Head Coach 21 10 11 7 Loss in NCAA Tourney Round 1 2014 Michigan State Head Coach 18 15 8 10 Loss in NIT Round 1 2013 Michigan State Head Coach 18 16 7 11 Loss in CBI Round 2 2012 Michigan State Head Coach 24 10 13 5 Loss in NCAA Tourney Round 1 2011 Michigan State Head Coach 25 13 9 9 Loss in NIT Round 3 2010 Xavier Head Coach 31 9 13 3 Loss in NCAA Championship Game Awards & Achievements: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Season Award -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- No awards won. Job Movement: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Season Move -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 2020 Hired by Wichita Heights (Head Coach) 2019 Fired by Michigan State 2011 Hired by Michigan State (Head Coach) 2011 Quit job with Xavier to pursue a higher position 2010 Hired by Xavier (Head Coach)

And the new coach at Wichita East is Richard Morgan. I snagged him from Villanova where he was the lead scout. Villanova had a top 5 recruiting class last season, and Richard was a big part of that. Here's his card:

Code:
Richard Morgan - Head Coach - Wichita East -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Age: 37 High School: Colchester High School Hometown: Colchester, IL Alma Mater: Seattle Current Level: 9 Career Record: 0 - 0 Recruiting: 24 Scouting: 100 Offense: 56 Defense: 100 Coaching History: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Season Team Position W L CW CL Postseason -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 2019 Villanova Assistant 32 4 16 2 Loss in NCAA Elite Eight 2018 Villanova Assistant 26 7 14 4 Loss in NCAA Tourney Round 1 Awards & Achievements: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Season Award -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- No awards won. Job Movement: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Season Move -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 2020 Hired by Wichita East (Head Coach) 2020 Quit job with Villanova 2018 Hired by Villanova (Lead Scout)

So that fills up the GWAL staff, for now. On to round 1 of the job offers:

Shane Kormelink is the only GWAL or FOFC coach that got any offers. He got offers from Charlotte, Cincinnati, Duquesne, Georgetown, Missouri, and St. Johns. As far as prestiges go, Georgetown is 75, Missouri is 70, Cincinnati is 68, Charlotte is 64, St. Johns is 61, Duquesne is 50. Cincinnati is the only one of those schools that had a winning record last year, at 22-12. Honestly, if I had to make the decision, I would stay put and see what else comes along. But the decision is yours Korme. Let me know ASAP.
collegesportsfanms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 09:07 PM   #502
collegesportsfanms
Pro Rookie

still waiting to hear from korme, if I haven't heard from him by the end of the weekend, I will probably just make a choice for him. hope to hear from you soon korme
Old 10-05-2012, 07:50 PM   #503
collegesportsfanms
Pro Rookie

Guys, as much as it pains me to say this (and it really does because I was enjoying this), its gone. All my files got corrupted somehow and I had to start from scratch. When I reinstalled the game, my files were no longer there. Unfortunately, I didn't have the time over the past few months to devote to this, so I probably will not be starting another one at this point. I apologize for this, but I have reconfigured my computer and added a new software that is supposed to be a lot better than what I was using.

Hopefully my computer problems are over, and I will be looking at possibly starting a single player coaching dynasty soon, as I always enjoy taking control of a team. If anybody would be interested in following, do let me know. thanks all
Old 10-07-2012, 10:48 AM   #504
hoopsguy
General Manager

It is a shame you weren't able to play out the next couple of decades and watch Memphis win 17 consecutive titles. Oh well, thanks for running this and posting the results for us. Good luck with the next dynasty.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 09:01 PM   #505
bbgunn
College Benchwarmer

Location: Osaka, Japan via Honolulu, Hawaii via Birmingham, Alabama
Thanks for the good times!