Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-30-2005, 01:50 PM   #551
illinifan999
Pro Rookie

And btw your application for detective on NYPD Blue has been denied. Good day.

illinifan999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2005, 01:51 PM   #552
illinifan999
Pro Rookie

I vote Kevin
Old 07-30-2005, 01:52 PM   #553
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by illinifan999
And btw your application for detective on NYPD Blue has been denied. Good day.

I know that I could end up looking foolish with all of this analysis which might be wrong. All I can say is that I'm trying my best with the data that we have. Your comments and voting pattern when we were contemplating lynching Fouts was the big nail in the coffin IMO.

I'd love to see some analysis from the other participants.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2005, 01:56 PM   #554
illinifan999
Pro Rookie

And all I can say is that you're wrong.
Old 07-30-2005, 02:22 PM   #555
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27
I'd love to see some analysis from the other participants.

I don't have much to say, other than I trust both you and SirFozzie at this point. I'd base this off what I've read, and really can't pinpoint one thing or another that has led me to this point. I think it probably has as much to deal with how you've discussed the issue as much as anything. I'd have to say Mr. Spring Grove, Illinifan, is my top suspect, followed by Schmidty.

I don't know what to think of Kevin, personally. I think his wanting to put the game on hold brings some innocence to him, though I can't really label a reason why.

I suppose my hitlist of the top 5 looks exactly like yours, with you being low on the totem pole.
Old 07-30-2005, 02:54 PM   #556
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

I'm not totally sold, seems to obvious, I try to look for the subtle things, something Illinifan has not been . Oh well.

I vote illinifan999

If the game doesn't end tonight I'm defintely looking at Schmidty tomorrow.

jeff061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2005, 02:58 PM   #557
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Something to consider: With Vampires falling left and right, does Illini's nutty attitude make ANY sense if he's a master? Especially because he got targeted for it?

Illini's top of my suspect list after confirming what you typed, but he's not as far ahead as you have him.

I think I'm glad for the extra day. Either it will solidify illini as a target, or it will let paranoia destroy my brain.
Old 07-30-2005, 03:00 PM   #558
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirFozzie
Something to consider: With Vampires falling left and right, does Illini's nutty attitude make ANY sense if he's a master? Especially because he got targeted for it?

Illini's top of my suspect list after confirming what you typed, but he's not as far ahead as you have him.

I think I'm glad for the extra day. Either it will solidify illini as a target, or it will let paranoia destroy my brain.

I think one of these games, a vampire/werewolf is going to "hide in plain site" by acting loud and vocal. I think Lathum ran an experiment in this game just to test out if that was viable. What if Illinifan is doing it this game? I'm not sure, but he remains on top of my list for now.
Old 07-30-2005, 03:09 PM   #559
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I think one of these games, a vampire/werewolf is going to "hide in plain site" by acting loud and vocal. I think Lathum ran an experiment in this game just to test out if that was viable. What if Illinifan is doing it this game? I'm not sure, but he remains on top of my list for now.

*sighs* good point. It's not like we have a lot to go by.

And if we're wrong tonight, at least we have another shot and a half (if the voting goes bad, you can go elsewhere with it)

I vote Illinifan
Old 07-30-2005, 03:10 PM   #560
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Vote Illinifan

Just in case I forget to take care of it later.
Old 07-30-2005, 03:19 PM   #561
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
*sighs* good point. It's not like we have a lot to go by.

And if we're wrong tonight, at least we have another shot and a half (if the voting goes bad, you can go elsewhere with it)

I vote Illinifan

That assumes I don't get converted tonight which was the real risk of my revelation.
Old 07-30-2005, 03:23 PM   #562
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
That assumes I don't get converted tonight which was the real risk of my revelation.

Good Point.

I just thought of something and it made my blood run absolutely frozen.

Does a convert keep his role if he gets switched?

If you get converted, do you still have the Duke ability? (ie, the switch folks away thing)

If so, If you are converted, the Master has a guaranteed win if we don't get the Master THIS NEXT VOTE.. he waits till the vote's over and then has you switch the vote to a safe vote (ie, not the Master)

Airhog, I hope like hell you're reading this..

Last edited by SirFozzie : 07-30-2005 at 03:24 PM.
SirFozzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2005, 03:32 PM   #563
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

It's never been that way in the past, has it? That once you switch teams you lose any/all other roles.

Just hope Airhog confirms it,.
Old 07-30-2005, 03:32 PM   #564
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Hmm, that is a scary thought. I'm hoping that we win tonight. If we don't win tonight, and I'm converted, I'm hoping I resume back to human form once the master is killed. I don't want to be used by the master. If Airhog doesn't give any clarification about this issue, then perhaps you all should vote someone else, and I should just use my power tonight to make sure it is not used against us later in the game.
Old 07-30-2005, 03:35 PM   #565
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Even if Airhog doesn't confirm it you could always Duke your role to say "instead of hanging illinifan (sorry, if, you're the top target right now), I choose to hang ILLINIFAN! The Duke role in the past never said you had to choose a DIFFERENT player.
Old 07-30-2005, 03:36 PM   #566
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Good point.
Old 07-30-2005, 03:37 PM   #567
Poli
FOFC Survivor

So we are having the vote tonight then?
Old 07-30-2005, 03:43 PM   #568
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

well, the vote looks clear, but I'm not sure we have an absolute majority at this point.
Old 07-30-2005, 03:55 PM   #569
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

I vote illinifan
ntndeacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2005, 03:57 PM   #570
Poli
FOFC Survivor

OT: SirFozzie and/or Airhog, if you do another one of these, write me in.
Old 07-30-2005, 03:58 PM   #571
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

I need at least a couple week break after doing that XCom one
Old 07-30-2005, 04:01 PM   #572
illinifan999
Pro Rookie

Well looks like you guys are losing another villager. Good luck finding out who the master is, I'll be rooting from..well I guess I'll be dead but hope we win.
Old 07-30-2005, 04:02 PM   #573
illinifan999
Pro Rookie

And I reserve the right to put in the biggest letters bold I told you so after tonight.
Old 07-30-2005, 04:02 PM   #574
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

BTW, from looking at the charts, looks like it's what.. 5-1 against IF now?
Old 07-30-2005, 04:03 PM   #575
illinifan999
Pro Rookie

Looks that way.
Old 07-30-2005, 04:03 PM   #576
Schmidty
Coordinator

One of the people pointing fingers at me is definitely a vamp, and it makes me mad that I have no idea who it is. I think there's a ton of misdirection going on by someone who's been either converted or has been the master all along.

I just don't think Illinifan is a vamp, and that this vote gets a win for the baddies tonight. I hope I'm wrong and he is a vampire, but I have my doubts.

If there's one thing I've noticed so far, the irrational or desperate people die for nothing (Lathum, KWhit), while the quiet and analytical people live (eaglesfan, SirFoz, jeff). I have a feeling we're being herded along by the false detective-types.
Old 07-30-2005, 04:05 PM   #577
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmidty
One of the people pointing fingers at me is definitely a vamp, and it makes me mad that I have no idea who it is. I think there's a ton of misdirection going on by someone who's been either converted or has been the master all along.

I just don't think Illinifan is a vamp, and that this vote gets a win for the baddies tonight. I hope I'm wrong and he is a vampire, but I have my doubts.

If there's one thing I've noticed so far, the irrational or desperate people die for nothing (Lathum, KWhit), while the quiet and analytical people live (eaglesfan, SirFoz, jeff). I have a feeling we're being herded along by the false detective-types.

You think Kwhit died for nothing?

He helped us kill a vampire (although I fear not a master) and had a shot at taking out a master vampire when they attacked him.
Old 07-30-2005, 04:06 PM   #578
Vince
Pro Starter

Just a comment as an observer -- I think that having the Duke reveal himself, even as one of the 'uncleared ones,' was a mistake.
Every time a Dodger scores a run, an angel has its wings ripped off by a demon, and is forced to tearfully beg the demon to cauterize the wounds.The demon will refuse, and the sobbing angel will lie in a puddle of angel blood and feathers for eternity, wondering why the Dodgers are allowed to score runs.That’s not me talking: that’s science. McCoveyChronicles.com.
Vince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2005, 04:07 PM   #579
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

If it isn't for the "false detective-types" we'd be lynching Blade this turn and be no closer to solving the mystery, with a random villager helping the Master instead of the one we already know about.
Old 07-30-2005, 04:09 PM   #580
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince
Just a comment as an observer -- I think that having the Duke reveal himself, even as one of the 'uncleared ones,' was a mistake.

I definitely saw both pros and cons for doing it. Hopefully, we end the game soon.
Old 07-30-2005, 04:11 PM   #581
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
You think Kwhit died for nothing?

He helped us kill a vampire (although I fear not a master) and had a shot at taking out a master vampire when they attacked him.

I just meant that he died because he got desperate and revealed his role. Of course, I'm happy he did, but I feel like people such as you, talking the most and basically determining the course for the rest of us could easily be leading us astray.

I guess just never trust the purely "logical" people in these games. They always seem to dictate everything, and to me that would something a creature would want to do. Not only that, but you are creating suspicion about me, and I'm the only person in this game I'm absolutely sure of. So of course, I'm annoyed and suspicious of you now.
Old 07-30-2005, 04:13 PM   #582
Vince
Pro Starter

Quote:
I definitely saw both pros and cons for doing it. Hopefully, we end the game soon.

Yeah, I see the pros too. The rest of my analysis goes more into strategic value, so I'll shut up until this is over
Every time a Dodger scores a run, an angel has its wings ripped off by a demon, and is forced to tearfully beg the demon to cauterize the wounds.The demon will refuse, and the sobbing angel will lie in a puddle of angel blood and feathers for eternity, wondering why the Dodgers are allowed to score runs.That’s not me talking: that’s science. McCoveyChronicles.com.
Vince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2005, 04:16 PM   #583
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
If it isn't for the "false detective-types" we'd be lynching Blade this turn and be no closer to solving the mystery, with a random villager helping the Master instead of the one we already know about.

Yeah? Well, well....I'm better than you at fake baseball!!!!
Old 07-30-2005, 04:18 PM   #584
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Yeah? Well, well....I'm better than you at fake baseball!!!!

Join the Club. 10 million strong.

I'm fairly sure I can kick your ass as Xbox games however
Old 07-30-2005, 04:22 PM   #585
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

Christ. I got not clue. Eagle announcing he is Duke means nothing because he could of been converted, and thus leaving us down a false trail. Anyone else think it may be worth lynching him? If he's Duke he can redirect it, if he's a vampire we clear, I think, Schmidty and Illini and go after someone else tomorrow, likely Kevin.

unvote Illinifan

Vote Eaglefan

Last edited by jeff061 : 07-30-2005 at 04:22 PM.
Old 07-30-2005, 04:22 PM   #586
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Join the Club. 10 million strong.

I'm fairly sure I can kick your ass as Xbox games however

As soon as I get XBox live, we shall have to see.
Old 07-30-2005, 04:23 PM   #587
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

It's on like Donkey Kong
Old 07-30-2005, 04:28 PM   #588
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

The more I think of it the more I like the Eaglefan vote. Any thoughts by anyone else? Want to make sure I'm not overlooking anything.

Old 07-30-2005, 04:30 PM   #589
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff061
The more I think of it the more I like the Eaglefan vote. Any thoughts by anyone else? Want to make sure I'm not overlooking anything.

I don't mind if you vote for me. I'll just definitely use my power to change it

If you don't vote for me, and Airhog confirms that my power will be gone upon conversion, then I can save it to use it when it might be more desperately needed next round (assuming I'm not converted tonight.)
Old 07-30-2005, 04:30 PM   #590
illinifan999
Pro Rookie

I think you could be right but I'm still really suspicious of Kevin, although he isn't able to defend himself right now. :/
Old 07-30-2005, 04:31 PM   #591
Schmidty
Coordinator

I like the Eaglesfan vote as well.

If he's the Duke as he claims he is, this hurts nothing and he still gets his man.

If he's NOT, then it's obvious he's a vampire (possibly master), and we are that much closer to winning.

Unvote Kevin

Vote Eaglesfan
Old 07-30-2005, 04:31 PM   #592
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

No matter what happens I don't think you'll have your Duke powers tomorrow.

Old 07-30-2005, 04:32 PM   #593
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by illinifan999
I think you could be right but I'm still really suspicious of Kevin, although he isn't able to defend himself right now. :/

Look at my last post, Illinifan. Come on, we need you.
Old 07-30-2005, 04:35 PM   #594
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

It comes down to this. I can see no reason not to vote Eagle(please correct me), I only see positive things coming out of it. If you resist, you are gaining a fair amount of suspicion points.

Last edited by jeff061 : 07-30-2005 at 04:35 PM.
Old 07-30-2005, 04:35 PM   #595
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

I have to admit that Schmidty has moved himself up my list a bit today. He isn't as far behind illinifan as I thought he was.
Old 07-30-2005, 04:36 PM   #596
illinifan999
Pro Rookie

Alright i'll go

unvote Kevin
Vote Eaglesfan
Old 07-30-2005, 04:37 PM   #597
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff061
It comes down to this. I can see no reason not to vote Eagle(please correct me), I only see positive things coming out of it. If you resist, you are gaining a fair amount of suspicion points.

The only reason not to vote me is so that you'll have a Duke with powers to help tomorrow if we don't end the game tonight. Perhaps, the vampires won't attack me tonight to make me look guilty and cause distrust.

In any case, I'm quite hopeful we'll end the game tonight.
Old 07-30-2005, 04:38 PM   #598
illinifan999
Pro Rookie

Well if you vote me it won't.
Old 07-30-2005, 04:38 PM   #599
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
I have to admit that Schmidty has moved himself up my list a bit today. He isn't as far behind illinifan as I thought he was.

Why? You shouldn't be scared at all, just as I'm not scared to be on your "list". If you are the Duke this hurts you zero. So why worry, my friend?
Old 07-30-2005, 04:40 PM   #600
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

No, you'll be attacked tonight. If you are a Duke still tomorrow the same thing applies, you can pick whoever you want to lynch and thus any confusion created by leaving you alive is nil, since you can prove your innocence and lynch someone of your choice all at the same time.

I think you know this, your argument makes me doubt your role as a Duke more.

Last edited by jeff061 : 07-30-2005 at 04:40 PM.