Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-30-2006, 09:09 PM   #1
st.cronin
General Manager

2011-2012 Real Marcianise

A continuation of my soccer dynasty; after 2 promotions we are now in Italian Serie B, the next to highest division in the country. My board has apparently oodles of money, and little interest in making money, since even though we have lost probably 2 million dollars since I got here, they continue to provide me with a healthy transfer budget. Our expectations for this season are to avoid relegation. I have been offered jobs by some other European teams, but I intend to stay with this team at least through the end of this season.

knives out

st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 09:25 PM   #2
st.cronin
General Manager

Roster outlook, goalkeeper

Marco Buonocore, 24, took over the job last year, and started every game from about the midpoint on. He gets high marks from the staff for aggresion, composure, handling, communication, and concentration. Presently valued at 40K, he'll start the season as the #1 goalie, but with some competition.

Fillipo Furlan, 17, got a couple of first team starts last year and played well. He's very athletic, and I suspect he's going to develop very nicely.

Antonio Signorini, 17, played better than Furlan on the U20 squad last year, but hasn't gotten any first team action yet. He's similiarly athletic, but with a flashy, eccentric temperament.

I may look to find an experienced backup.

knives out
Old 05-30-2006, 09:38 PM   #3
st.cronin
General Manager

Roster outlook, wingbacks

Simone Bonomi, 30 Transfered in this offseason from Verona for 2K. Bonomi brings solid skills to the DL position, one of two positions I felt I needed to upgrade. He also brings outstanding leadership, and may end up as Captain.

Brian Allison, 23 Scottish right side defender, who is extremely strong and athletic, and makes good decisions. He was acquired mid-season last year, and I thought he played very well.

Alexis Chauveau, 28 French left side defender, played well for us two seasons ago, but was probably our biggest weak spot last year. He's been transfer-listed.

Giuseppe Occhipinti, 31 Backup, has only gotten spot starts. More valued for his leadership than anything he does physically.

Andrea Bosetti, 24 Another backup, with very solid defensive skills.

Bonomi and Allison are the clear starters, and there isn't a lot of depth.

knives out
Old 05-30-2006, 09:46 PM   #4
st.cronin
General Manager

Roster outlook, center backs

Michele Ciano, 25 The heart of our defense last year; I like everything about him, except that we gave up too many goals at times last year. He was our captain, but that was more or less by default, as there was nobody with really outstanding leadership values.

Sergio Carnesalini, 28 Makes a nice pair with Ciano; both are good jumpers and headers, both stay in the right spot, and neither one really makes a dumb pass. I will probably go one more year before looking to replace one or both.

Massimo Di Matteo, 16 His future is probably at wingback.

Massimo Mancuso, 16 Non-descript prospect.

knives out
Old 05-30-2006, 10:09 PM   #5
st.cronin
General Manager

Roster outlook, midfielders

Luca Minopoli, 31 Played on the left side most games last year, and after a rocky start, he led the team in assists, and was second in MoMs. He's very clever defensively, and a sharp, creative passer.

Nicola Piras, 18 I've gotten a number of offers for co-ownership for this kid, which makes me think he's got some star power. He's extremely athletic, but his technical attributes are all very low. For now, he will get a lot of time with the U20, and may work his way into the 1st team picture.

Manuel Panini, 27 Got almost the starts at MR last year; he's very creative, a terrific crosser, and just a solid all-around player. He's also very capable at the DR position.

Alberto Corradi, 19 year old enigma. He's a future manager, and a strong kid, but has an odd set of strengths and weaknesses. He's a decent dribbler and passer, but atrocious finisher, he's ok defensively, but a bad decision maker. One more year on the U20s for him to impress me.

Matteo Morbini, 24 year old transfered in from Lucchese for 4K. Morbini is expected to stabilize the MC/AMC position, which has been handed around to different guys the last couple of years; he's our penalty taker, he's brave, makes good passes, and good decisions.

Massimiliano Perrotta, 20 Blazing speed, and good finishing skills, which haven't yet translated into first team success. I like his future, and definitely intend to get him some 1st team time this year.

Jarkko Vesapuisto, 22 year old Finnish DM. He was a bit of a disappointment last year, but I'm optimistic that he'll step up his play now. He has a year with the club under his belt, and he now actually speaks Italian.

Niccolo Esposito, 22 Was more or less the 1st team MC last year, but couldn't stay healthy. I may keep him around as a backup.

Pierpaolo Agostini, 20 I tried training him as a DM last year, hoping to have a backup to Vesapuisto this year, but it didn't take, and he appears more suited for the AMC position. Doesn't have much of a future, it seems.

Massimo Pozzi, 15 Could be somebody to keep an eye on.

knives out
Old 05-30-2006, 10:19 PM   #6
st.cronin
General Manager

Roster outlook, forwards

Nicola La Rocca, 18 Our player of the year from a year ago; co-owned with Catanzaro, who we will now be facing off against. They haven't come calling for him yet, and I'm not sure when they will.

Francesco Piccolo, 25 21 goals a year ago; him and La Rocca made a very effective duo down the stretch.

Mario Salgado, 30 Transfered in from Shelbourne for 2K. A native of Chile. I like to rotate 3 forwards in two spots, since in my system they seem to get more tired than anybody else. Our fans were NOT pleased with this pickup, for some reason.

Mirko Conte, 19 Could turn into a star; he made quite a few 1st team appearances at both forward and midfield last year, and played quite well.

Pietro Foti, 16 Speedy young prospect, with good finishing marks.

knives out