Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 02-22-2007, 04:59 PM   #2901
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Well it seems like today people don't want to talk as much about who they are voting for.

The way I see things working out are one of the possibilities:

1) The Wolf agressive - Sndvls and Path vote together to remove Kwhit, no night kill tonight and they hope I don't win another immunity challenge for them to vote me off tommorrow. I have two possible scenerios to survive through this:

a) Kwhit and I both vote for the same person to tie things up, and the person Kwhit and I vote for have more previous votes than Kwhit does. Problem is I have no idea how many previous votes Kwhit or Path has, and Sndvls only has 2 previous votes.

b) I win immunity challenge again today, and don't have to worry about it. Honestly though, how many challenges in a row can I expect to win? THis is probably unlikely.

----

2) The Path Gambit - If Sndvls was lying about not being able to kill a wolf last night, he can still finish off Path later. Path could put a stop to it by doublecrossing Sndvls today to vote him off, then kill Kwhit tonight assuring his place in the finals.

a) Sndvls could technically do the same thing in return however. Its the only sure way Path or Sndvls have to reach the finals for sure right now. As if I win another immunity challenge, its my choice of which will go to the final 2 and not theirs after today.

---------
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 05:15 PM   #2902
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Vote Lathum

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 05:40 PM   #2903
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anxiety View Post
Vote Lathum

Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 07:56 PM   #2904
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
Since Path is still alive, obviously Sndvls didn't honor his part of the agreement. So one of the two is likely:

1) Kwhit is a wolf, and Path, Kwhit, Lathum have to vote for a wolf today and it doesn't really matter whom.

2) Kwhit isn't a wolf, and Path + Sndvls will be voting for him today.

So Kwhit if you aren't a wolf, your only good vote today is Sndvls. The bad news for you is even if I choose to help you out here, you'll be eaten by Path tonight I bet.

I'm not a wolf. Vote with me on SnDvls.

Vote Sndvls

(I have to vote in this thread since I missed last night's vote.)
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 09:24 PM   #2905
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Let me go count the votes.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 09:24 PM   #2906
Barkeep49
Coordinator

In a surprise first vote:
Quote:
Sndvls

Last edited by Barkeep49 : 02-22-2007 at 09:24 PM.
Old 02-22-2007, 09:30 PM   #2907
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Second vote:
Quote:
KWhit
Old 02-22-2007, 09:31 PM   #2908
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Third vote:
Quote:
Kwhit
Two votes Kwhit, one vote SnDvls
Old 02-22-2007, 09:33 PM   #2909
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Fourth vote:
Quote:
SnDvls
We have a 2-2 tie. As KWhit has no previous votes against him and SnDvls does, SnDvls has been voted out. The tribe has spoken. Please bring me your post button.
Old 02-22-2007, 09:34 PM   #2910
SnDvls
Pro Starter

thanks for keeping your word Path I appriciate it
SnDvls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 09:34 PM   #2911
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Great game BK
this has been the most fun game of WW I've ever played
Old 02-22-2007, 09:40 PM   #2912
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Well today’s challenge asked our players to play some poker. They were each dealt 13 cards on 3 separate deals. For the first deal we had the following hands:

Path

3d, 3h, 3s, 6c, 6d
Full House 3s full of 6s
8h, 9s, 10h, Jh, Qs
Q high straight
Ks, 10d, 4c
King High

SnDvls

4h, 4d, 4s, 5d, 5c
Full House 5s full of 4s
2s, Js, 7s, 6s, 10s
10 high flush
Ah, 9h, Qc
Ace high

Alan

Ad Qd 9d 8d 2d
Ace high flush
10c 10s Jc 5s 3c
10s
7d 7h 5h
7s

Kwhit

Ac 9c 8c 7c 2c
A high flush
Kh Kc 8s 2h 6h
Ks
As Qh Jd
Ace high

This gave us a scoreboard of:

Alan
Kwhit
Path
Sndvls

Alan
x
Kwhit
x
Path
x
SnDvls
x

SnDvls goes out to a commanding lead. But will it hold? For our second deal we had hands which looked like this:

Path

7h, 7c, 7d, 3h, 3s
7s full of 3s
Qh, Qs, 5h, 5c, 6d
2 pair: Qs and 6s
Ks, 10d, 4h
King high

SnDvls

2c, 4c, Qc, 6c, 8c
Qigh high flush
10h, 10s, 2h, 5d, 6h
Pair of 10s
Ah, 9d, 8s
Ace high

Alan

Jh Js Jc Jd 9s
Four of a kind
Kh Kd Kc 5s 3d
3 of a kind
Ad 10c 2s
Ace high

Kwhit

As Ac 9h 9c Qd
2 pair As 9s
8d 8h 6s 3c 2d
8s
7s 4s 4d
4s

Our scoring for this round was:

Alan
Kwhit
Path
Sndvls

Alan
x
Kwhit
x
Path
x
SnDvls
x

Our immunity challenge monster, Alan, comes roaring back. It goes down to the wire with our third deal:

Path

10s, Jd, Qd, Kd, Ah
Ace high straight
8c, 8s, 2h, 2s, 6d
2 pair 8s and 6s
As, 7s, 3c
Ace high

SnDvls

8h, 6h, Qh, 10h, 4h
Queen high flush
2d, 3d, 5d, 4c, 6s
6 high straight
Js, Jc, 10c
Pair of Jacks

Alan

Ac Ad 9d 9s 3s
2 pair Aces and 9s
Kh Kc 8d 6c 5h
Kings
4d 4s Qc
4s

Kwhit

7c 7h 7d 5c 6s
Full House 7s full of 5s
Ks Qs Jh 10d 9c
King high straight
9h 3h 2c
9 high

SnDvls has another great set of hands and with the points from this round

Alan
Kwhit
Path
Sndvls

Alan
x
Kwhit
x
Path
x
SnDvls
x

pulls off an overall victory. Our final scoreboard was:

Alan
Kwhit
Path
SnDvls

Of course, as we just saw, SnDvls was voted out. Thus SnDvls, in a bittersweet victory, wins. Of course as the tribe has spoken and voted him out, no one gains the coveted final two spot. Night actions may not be submitted. I would like to run them early if possible, so for anyone with a night action please let me know if you're thinking about changing your mind when I get your action.

Last edited by Barkeep49 : 02-22-2007 at 09:41 PM.
Old 02-22-2007, 09:43 PM   #2913
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnDvls View Post
Great game BK
this has been the most fun game of WW I've ever played
Thanks. I think you are officially our expert game theorist. Between the political round and now today you've shown your expertise with game theory in an impressive manner.
Old 02-22-2007, 09:59 PM   #2914
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
Of course, as we just saw, SnDvls was voted out. Thus SnDvls, in a bittersweet victory, wins. Of course as the tribe has spoken and voted him out, no one gains the coveted final two spot. Night actions may not be submitted. I would like to run them early if possible, so for anyone with a night action please let me know if you're thinking about changing your mind when I get your action.
very bittersweet as I knew I had this one in the bag w/ my last hand
oh well good luck all. at least I prevented anyone from getting in the final two via the back door
Old 02-22-2007, 10:03 PM   #2915
path12
Coordinator

Down to three. No matter what happens, congratulations guys.
Old 02-22-2007, 10:04 PM   #2916
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
very bittersweet as I knew I had this one in the bag w/ my last hand
oh well good luck all. at least I prevented anyone from getting in the final two via the back door

You did well. Happy to be on your team.....well, except for that one night....
Old 02-22-2007, 10:07 PM   #2917
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12 View Post
You did well. Happy to be on your team.....well, except for that one night....

I'll comment on this after the game
Old 02-22-2007, 10:10 PM   #2918
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Sounds of screaming are heard. The remaining Survivors run from their tents and find:

KWhit. Dead.

With only two Survivors left we can enter the final tribal council. In this TC, the Survivors will have to justify why THEY should be voted THE Ultimate Survivor. Here's how it's going to work. Any player who played in this game is allowed to make a short statement and ask a question to the Survivors. These questions must be asked by 10 PM tomorrow. Our Survivors then have until 6 PM on Sunday to answer these questions. While this question and answering period is going on our Jury will be voting. The jury is made up of:
Lathum
Anxiety
Swaggs
KWhit
SnDvls

By sometime between 10 PM Friday and 10 PM Sunday they need to PM me with the person who they want to be named THE Ultimate Survivor. In other words you are voting FOR the person you want to win. Results will go up shortly after 10 PM on Sunday.

Congrats to path and Alan for making it this far. It's fitting that we have 1 wolf and 1 villager left after all that has happened.
Old 02-22-2007, 10:10 PM   #2919
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Looks like its going to be a fun end!
Old 02-22-2007, 10:13 PM   #2920
path12
Coordinator

Kind of our own little Face the Board.
Old 02-22-2007, 10:13 PM   #2921
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Path and Alan may also make any other statements they wish to try and persuade the jury.
Old 02-22-2007, 10:13 PM   #2922
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12 View Post
Kind of our own little Face the Board.
Yeah I thought of that parallel.
Old 02-22-2007, 10:20 PM   #2923
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Well, first I would like to say that I thought Path played a very good game. Out of all of the wolves, he was the one I had the hardest time trying to pinpoint my feelings on. I won't feel ashamed at all if you feel he deserves the nod over me. I feel this game has been an excellent game, and I enjoyed it alot. Some of the challenges I enjoyed more than others but it was quite interesting trying to pick your alliances as you go.

As for why I feel that I deserve to win? Well.. I don't know that I can say I played mountains better than Path, I think he did great. I don't feel bad about my game at all though. I feel that I worked extremely hard on every challenge the entire time, and I am honestly amazed that I got to this point. I think luck had some part to do with it, but I have to guess if not for all the immunities along the way I never would have been here.

I think I was pretty up front with my reasons for why I did everything the entire time, even when some people feel that I was incorrect or did not agree with my aproach. I never once back stabbed anyone this game and even when I planned on voting for people I was up front and explained the reasons why.

The most interesting day for me was yesterday when I had to choose how I could possibly make it this far. I ended up probably making Anxiety upset with my vote and am guessing he won't vote for me because of it.. but I feel still to this point if I had not won another immunity, it could have very easily cost me a chance in the final 2.

I guess I just feel that I played an all around strong game and would happily put my play this game with anyone else. I think I played Werewolf when needed to, and played Survivor when needed to. Like I said though, I also think Path as well as many others played great too. I enjoyed the game alot and I won't have any shame finishing second if that is the jury's choice.

I would happily answer any questions people may have for me.
Old 02-22-2007, 10:21 PM   #2924
Tyrith
College Starter

Thus goes the man that got to play the game I wanted to play... :P
Tyrith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 10:39 PM   #2925
path12
Coordinator

As for me, I'd again like to congratulate Alan on another well played game. He is always a formidable player and is one of my favorite people to play with here, if for no other reason than the fact that he is always so into the game (though there are plenty more reasons than that).

I'm not great at tooting my own horn, so I don't really know that I'm going to be able to try and sway anyone to vote for me over Alan or not. Besides, you all were here and saw the game. I believe you are all in a far better position to make this decision than either of us.

I will say that I was happy with my play. I really enjoyed my teammates both in Howard and my wolf pack. Agreed, some of the challenges were more appealing than others, but for the most part I enjoyed them and worked hard to try and win them for my team. The thing I'm probably most proud of is the fact that I was under a lot of suspicion after the first merge, yet was able to play my way into a position of being generally (if not fully) trusted.

So, it's been a lot of fun, and I certainly want to thank Barkeep for all the hard work he's put into it. I'll be happy to answer your questions and I will be satisfied no matter what the verdict.
Old 02-22-2007, 10:55 PM   #2926
Swaggs
Coordinator

(Do we ask questions here or send to BK?)

(Wait... Does that count as my question? Crap!)
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 12:05 AM   #2927
st.cronin
General Manager

My question: What's in my pocket right now?

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 03:46 AM   #2928
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin View Post

18 cents, a paper clip, and some lint.
Old 02-23-2007, 06:35 AM   #2929
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin View Post

I hope that is a roll of quarters.
Old 02-23-2007, 07:55 AM   #2930
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggs View Post
(Do we ask questions here or send to BK?)

(Wait... Does that count as my question? Crap!)
Just post it right here.
Old 02-23-2007, 07:56 AM   #2931
Raiders Army
Coordinator

To both of you: What was your key play in the game?
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 08:02 AM   #2932
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiders Army View Post
To both of you: What was your key play in the game?

I think its hard for me to narrow down one point in the game which was a key play for me. The only time I was under the gun for a vote during the game was when it was me vs St.Cronin, and looking back at it now, the wolves obviously were happier voting out Cronin than me in that situation. I guess the one play that was made that I think got me here the most was the last day vote giving kwhit a hint where my vote was. If Kwhit and I hadn't voted together, he would have been voted out there and I the next day (since I lost the last immunity challenge).
Old 02-23-2007, 08:05 AM   #2933
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Okay I have two questions for each of you. The first, beign the standard Survivor question that is asked on each season. 1) Why shouldn't your opponent win this game? and 2) What move in this game did you do that you wish you could take back and change?

Remember I could have taken either of you out at some point in this game so your answers to these questions will play a major part in where my vote goes.
Old 02-23-2007, 08:12 AM   #2934
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Okay I have two questions for each of you. The first, beign the standard Survivor question that is asked on each season. 1) Why shouldn't your opponent win this game? and 2) What move in this game did you do that you wish you could take back and change?

Remember I could have taken either of you out at some point in this game so your answers to these questions will play a major part in where my vote goes.

Well my answer for #1 is that I don't see any reason why Path shouldn't win the game. From what I saw of his play this game, he played an excellent game and I didn't see many or any flaws in his game. I wouldn't be dissapointed at all if that is the direction the jury went. I feel he put in alot of time, effort and excellent play into this game.

For #2 For a while I wanted to take back the revealing of "the list" as it ended up ineffective. However now I don't think that play really made much of a difference in the end of things. So I guess the one play I wish I could take back was when I goofed and gave info that Path had said in the Helsing thread. It opened the door up to allow the wolves a chance to once again turn the votes away from Lupus and Howard members instead to an Oz member that had 0% chance of being an original wolf and a Helsing member (me) that had a 16% chance of being an original wolf. I think I messed that one up badly, and Jonathan + Path took advantage of it.
Old 02-23-2007, 08:52 AM   #2935
st.cronin
General Manager

My short statement:

ALAN T in '08

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 09:55 AM   #2936
Swaggs
Coordinator

Alright, I have separate questions for each player:

Alan, I had told you all along that I thought Anxiety was a wolf, but you never really gave me a chance in the new Helsing tribe. Why should I choose you over Path?

Path, I am assuming you had a chance to choose who your final two opponent would be, so why did you pick Alan T. (who had dominated the individual challenges and played a strong overall game) over KWhit (who played a solid, but unremarkable game)?
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 10:37 AM   #2937
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggs View Post
Alright, I have separate questions for each player:

Alan, I had told you all along that I thought Anxiety was a wolf, but you never really gave me a chance in the new Helsing tribe. Why should I choose you over Path?

Path, I am assuming you had a chance to choose who your final two opponent would be, so why did you pick Alan T. (who had dominated the individual challenges and played a strong overall game) over KWhit (who played a solid, but unremarkable game)?

The honest answer for you Swaggs is probably because of a desire to not grow attachment to you if that made sense. The entire time before the tribes reformed even, I felt we had to eliminate players in the direction most likely to get a wolf. At the start it was the 33% chance we had in Lupus followed by the 50% chance in Howard.

I grew frustrated with the Howard tribe continuing to remove Oz players and completely ignore those from Howard or Lupus, and I didn't want to make the same "mistake". From the remerge of the tribes when you joined, I had you set in my mind as my first target to remove. I did not want to give myself a reason to start doubting my move or move away from the mathematically sound play to one of just gut instinct.

The funny part here I guess is that the mathematically sound play would have removed you first then Path next meaning first a villager then a wolf second. I guess for you, one thing to remember is that when the tribes reformed again (as I never had an opportunity to vote you out prior), I suddenly changed my target from being you to you + Anxiety.

I don't know without the list if I would have gone for you first or Anxiety first, but if you remember, by the last days of the reformed helsing tribe, I think I had pretty much talked myself into you possibly being good. Once I got the information that seemed to point to you likely being good, I tried my best to do what I could to save you but I failed there.

It wasn't anything personal obviously, I just at the time felt (and still do feel) that the best route at the point would have been targeting Lupus and Howard members. In our tribe it would have been 1 villager kill and 1 wolf kill, in the other tribe it would have been 1 villager kill and 2 wolf kills. THat would have net resulted in 2 villagers and 3 wolves killed.
Old 02-23-2007, 10:43 AM   #2938
KWhit
Coordinator

Third place?

I can live with that.
Old 02-23-2007, 10:45 AM   #2939
KWhit
Coordinator

Here's a question (2 actually) for you guys:

What was your favorite challenge and why? And which was your least favorite and why?
Old 02-23-2007, 10:50 AM   #2940
ImTheCrew
High School Varsity

8th place, Oh well Oz left its mark on me in the End

i have only one question and its for Path and i think it been asked but to make sure why Alan T over Kwhit????
ImTheCrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 10:56 AM   #2941
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImTheCrew View Post
8th place, Oh well Oz left its mark on me in the End

i have only one question and its for Path and i think it been asked but to make sure why Alan T over Kwhit????

Because everybody loves me and would vote for me.

Old 02-23-2007, 10:56 AM   #2942
KWhit
Coordinator

And I'm hopped up on codeine so live is wonderful!
Old 02-23-2007, 10:57 AM   #2943
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWhit View Post
And I'm hopped up on codeine so live is wonderful!

Life is wonderful. Not live, you dumbass.
Old 02-23-2007, 11:10 AM   #2944
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWhit View Post
Here's a question (2 actually) for you guys:

What was your favorite challenge and why? And which was your least favorite and why?

My favorite challenge probably was the 2 truths and one lie challenge. I enjoyed the teamwork from the people on Helsing to try to figure it out, and I also found it fun learning about people along the way.

My least favorite challenge was probably the phrase unscramble. That game was the devil.
Old 02-23-2007, 12:47 PM   #2945
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Just an AAR comment: maybe the asking questions part should be done via a chatroom. Then we can see how fast they type their responses, both players can see in real-time what the others are saying, etc. I think there's a certain advantage to seeing what your opponent's answer is and then providing your own at your leisure.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 01:19 PM   #2946
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiders Army View Post
Just an AAR comment: maybe the asking questions part should be done via a chatroom. Then we can see how fast they type their responses, both players can see in real-time what the others are saying, etc. I think there's a certain advantage to seeing what your opponent's answer is and then providing your own at your leisure.

Maybe BK should of had us PM him or them the questions and then they PM back the responses once both are in then post it that way.

EX. I PM path & Alan my questions and once both PM me back I post my question and their responses to them at the same time.
Old 02-23-2007, 01:20 PM   #2947
SnDvls
Pro Starter

dola - it's too late now anyhow though.
Old 02-23-2007, 01:32 PM   #2948
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I already know who I'm voting for, no need for questions. Can I send in my vote now?

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 01:50 PM   #2949
Tyrith
College Starter

My question is for path. What the heck happened between all the wolves at the end there? You really should have had two wolves in the final, but you all seemed to melt down, so I'd like your explanation.
Tyrith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 03:08 PM   #2950
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Path- I fully expect I am voting for Alan. Change my mind by pointing out why Alan shouldn't win, NOT why you should.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote