Hall Of Famer

I borrow some more money, and move to green light Blue Gender

Filming in Mexico
State of the art sfx
5 star production and sfx

Yuji is Elijah Wood, 1.17 mill
Marlene is 12.4 mill Katherine Heigl
Joey – Ryan Gosling, 1.22 mill (dies)
Robert Bradley – James McAvoy, 1.2 mill (Dies)
Dice – 920k for Tyrese Gibson (I had a ton of good and great auditions, but no one wanted the part until this 4 star dude did). (Lives for next film)

Dir Rian Johnson, 305k
Prod Leona Butterfly, 825k

26 months to do, 355 mill to do

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 05:22 PM   #152
Wolfpack
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izulde View Post
W.T.F?!?!

Didn't you get the memo that whites will be in the minority by 2025 or something like that? "Either they don't know, don't show, or don't care what goes on in the OC...."
Wolfpack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 07:11 PM   #153
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Academy Award Ceremony:

Best Screenplay Adaptation – Last Quarter, Centurion Studios
Best Original Screenplay – Room to Live, Hails Pictures
Best Supporting Actress – Franka Potente, Last Quarter, Centurion Studios
Best Support Actor – Adam Beach, The Prisoner, Centurion Studios
Best Actress – Anna Paquin, Hot Tamales, Centurion Studios
Best Actor - Sean Penn, Addicted to Pain, Burbage Studios
Best Director – Clint Eastwood, Riding my Latin Lover, Boston Pictures
Best Film – Last Quarter, Centurion Studios

Thanks to you all! Well, we said we would duplicate our success again, and we did. We continue to make films that are of the highest quality, and I want to tell all of the listeners out there that we pledge to continue to do everything we can to make smart pictures everyone can enjoy. Thank you so much for this honor!

Old 02-20-2012, 08:30 PM   #154
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Here is an update of our film status:

In Writing:

Torchwood
The Western Ocean
Pokemon
Mechwarrior
Dr. Who and the Sands of Time

They Live
Cave Boy (Sequel to Cave Girl)
Final Quarter

Finished Writing:

Four Governors

Pre-Production:

Stormbringer
Blue Gender
Avengers Assemble

Production:

Jeremiah
The Man Who Shot Liberty Valence
Nightfall
Why I Left Harry’s All-Night Hamburger Stand

Superstorm
Promising Love
Electric Heart

Post-Production:

A Canticle for Leibowitz
Flatwoods
Steel Drivin’ Man
Lucifer’s Hammer
Coupling
Jagged Alliance
Degrassi Jr. High
The Call of Cthulhu

Getting Retired

Awaiting Release:

The Battle of Blair Mountain
Smallville

Old 02-20-2012, 09:06 PM   #155
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I look at getting Four Governors off the ground.

We will be filming in Vancouver, which adds two months and reduces production costs by a lot. Since most of the story takes place indoors, we won’t need to film on location in West Virginia.

Five star production across the board.

Dir. Steven Soderbergh, 2.7 mill
Prod. Dwight Ferten, 850k
Lead, Nathan Goff Jr; Guy Pearce, 1.1 mill
Buddy, Aretas B Fleming; Brad Pitt, 23.5 mill
Villain, Robert S Carr; Woody Harrelson, 750k
Maj Support, Gov. Wilson; Gary Oldman, 860k

I auditioned a ton of people for the main part, and many did well, but then weren’t interested. I went with the star of Brad Pitt so I could cast a lesser known actor as the lead.

Total Cost:

I green light the project, and it will take 6 months pre-production, 3 filming, and 3 post to be ready. We spent less than 25 mill in talent, 63 mill in production, 57 mill marketing is budgeted, 16 mill for print costs in 4000 screens, 73 mil P&A, 1.52 mill on a 5 star opera and orchestral soundtrack, and a loaded DVD.

257 million is the final cost for everything.

Old 02-20-2012, 09:07 PM   #156
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

End of April

Actor Desmond Askew died in a hiking accident.

A lot of my projects have moved to the next level. Production is complete on Jeremiah, Harry’s, Promising Love, Superstorm, Electric Heart. They Live is done writing. Stormbringer has moved to filming. Coupling and Lucifer’s Hammer have finished.

We greenlight They Live:

Film in Mexico

4 star SFX

Dir. Anthony Minghella, 860k
Prod. Lisa Frooten, 665k
Lead Freddie Highmore, 400k
Love Interest Mischa Barton, 450k
Vil. Casey Affleck, 1.2 mill
Maj Sup Claire Daines, 750k
Maj Sup Kristen Stewart, 275k

Minor Roles – Lauren Lee Smith, Abbie Cornish, Cameron Bright, Kerry Washington

We greenlight the 240 mill for it

Old 02-20-2012, 09:49 PM   #157
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

The Greatest Cape Blog

Most good sci-fi shows have a rabid fan base. Heck, most mediocre sci-fi shows have a rabid fan base. Any SF show that’s on TV for an extended period of time will tend to grab people. It will have a cult following. Despite all of that, Smallville has always seemed like the show that least tended towards cult-hit certification. It may have been the longest running sci-fi show in American Television history, but you don’t see Smallville websites, Smallville conventions, or more. Tom Welling isn’t identified every time he steps out of his house as Clark Kent.

Smallville was always a clever take on the DC universe and one of the most well-known and beloved super-heroes of all time. Despite the fervor that fans usually have for all things cape, it just seemed to be okay. Super hero films have been big money for a long time. The original Superman film made a ton of money, and Batman followed. Later, many Marvel and DC properties followed and it seemed every movie with a comics background was made of platinum. Most made tons of money despite poor casting or weak scripts. I mean, come on, Nicholas Cage as Ghost Rider? Ben Affleck as Daredevil? Yeah.

Centurion Studios believes that comics films can still be gold after the entertainment industry rebooted a few years ago. Taking Smallville to the big screen is the first major super hero film in the last eight years. Will it be the success that Centurion hopes?

How do the cast portray the iconic characters we all know and love? What is the story like? As my readers know, I rarely share details like that, and I won’t here. What I can say is that I saw this film in media pre-screening and it is, in my opinion, one of the top ten best comic based films of all time. It’s not top five, and not in the running with films like The Dark Knight or Avengers 2, but it’s up there. See this film now!

Old 02-20-2012, 10:29 PM   #158
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Smallville

Dir. David Slade, 4 stars
Prod. Maria Ramsey, 5 stars
Clark Kent, Jake Gyl 3 stars
Lana Lang, Keira Knightley 5 stars
Colin Ferrell 3 stars
Patrick Fugit 5 stars
Anna Paquin 4
Ryan Gosling 5

Appeal:

Star 2
Story 3
Character 5
Genre 1

Prod Budget – 4
SFX Budget – 5
Script-to-film – 4
Advertising Dollars - 5
Marketing Focus – 3

Are you ready?

Box Office Gross, Domestic - 414 million
Foreign – 787 mill

Total Box Office – 1.202 billion

We get half of that, plus DVD sales, and lots more. 208 mill in DVD sales. Then deduct costs and we made, total, 754 million net gain

And there is our hit. This is beyond big, and the highest grossing film since the boom.

Old 02-20-2012, 11:32 PM   #159
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

June arrives. News!

Al Pacino is retiring

The Western Ocean has finished writing

Nightfall and Man who Shot are now out of Production. Steel Drivin’ Man is completed! (Testing at 97%), we schedule it for week 3 October.

I go ahead and schedule all of my films in post-production for dates long in the future.

I commission a sequel to Smallville – Smallville II: Graduation.

A young Clark Kent struggles to find his place in the world as he enters his senior year at college.

Everybody is signed for the next sequel. We add Lois Lane as a minor supporting character. We hire the previous writer, and it will take 14 months to work on.

Old 02-20-2012, 11:47 PM   #160
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

We get The Western Ocean going:

I increase the sound production. I envision The Western Ocean as a classic sprawling epic. We will be filming in and around Taiwan.

We five star everything.

I jack the marketing up to 80 million and 5250 screens; we have a five star soundtrack with orchestral, tribal, new age, and operatic tracks.

Dir. Alfonso Cuaron, 870k
Prod. Marshall Hipler, 120k

Now I need to cast a largely Asian set of roles. I have four Chinese roles to cast, one Sri Lankan and one of any race.

Major, Buddy – Ken Leung – 125k

Minor – Mark Dacascos, 130k

We do extensive casting and eventually go oversees and find:

Cao He
Male
Chinese

Born in Hong Kong, Cao He's parents were both lawyers, and he developed a taste for acting at a young age, and has been featured in many local productions. Action 5 stars, Comedy 3, Drama 5, Humility 3, Sex Appeal 4, Screen Presence 5, Work Ethic 4, Composure 3, Takes Direction 3

We cast him as Zheng He

We also cast for the supporting role of Ma Chan:

Kaden Ling
Male
Chinese

A third generation actor from the University of Chicago, Kaden has been working his way up the circuit towards respectability in acting.

Five star Drama, screen presence. Four star action. 3 star sex appeal, composure, takes direction, 2 star takes direction, humility and work ethic,

We ran out of auditions and are unable to finish casting this month.

I repay 550 mill in loans

Old 02-21-2012, 12:26 AM   #161
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

June 10, 2025
Almostheaven.net

Interview with James Essex V

Hello and welcome to another interview with the former West Virginian, James Essex, CEO of the newly formed Centurion Studios. During the last two years, Essex has announced five different movies to be made about stories set in West Virginia. Next week, the first of those, “The Battle of Blair Mountain” debuts.

As many of you know, AH-Net brings you the most up to date information on our favorite state, West Virginia. We have Essex ready to answer a few questions from us in what is sure to be a busy week.

James, we always love hosting your interviews here at AHNet!

James: Hello! Thanks once more. You know I can’t get enough of talking with my fellow West Virginians.

AHNet: Before we get started with the Battle of Blair Mountain, what can you tell us about the other projects?

James: All four, Flatwoods, Steel Drivin’ Man, Four Governors, and Why I Left Harry’s All Night Hamburger Stand are in production of various stages. We’re very excited about them.

AHNet: Alright, let’s discuss Blair Mountain. Do you think it will do as well as Smallville did last month, breaking all records?

James: I don’t want to be unfair to Blair Mountain. It’s not the same sort of story as Smallville. That was a big scope super hero film, and we all know what that’s like. This is a Historical film, about real events. I would love to break 500 million gross total. But you can’t measure by the same yardstick.

AHNet: What is your take of the filme?

James: No spin – I believe this is the best film we’ve released so far, and everybody we’ve shown it to agrees. This is an amazing film. I’m proud to be associated with it. This is the sort of film no one was making until we came along, and it will b interesting to see what others thing.

AHNet: How closely does the story hew to reality?

James: It’s very close. As close as we could make it. My goal with some films is to sacrifice the source for the screen. Not this one. This was about telling a forgotten chapter in American history.

AHNet: It seems like it’s that time again. Thank you very much for agreeing to a return interview!

James: You know I'm always happy to talk with you fine folks!

Old 02-21-2012, 12:40 AM   #162
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

The Battle of Blair Mountain

Dir James Mangold 3
Prod Brendan Faulkland 4
Adrian Brody – 5
James McAvoy – 4
Daniel Craig – 4
Helen Mirren – 5
Topher Grace – 4
Jason Staitham – 4
Keifer Sutherland - 4

Star 2
Story 3
Character 5
Genre 4
Prod 3
Script to Film 5
Advertising 5
Marketing 4

Domestic – 195
Foreign – 371
Total – 566

Awesome! The 2nd best total gross since the shake up!

DVD sales yielded 301 mill and that bluegrass soundtrack 56 mill – that a huge pair of hits for those

Revenue – 689
Cost – 369

Profit – 320 mill

This is a big relief. Our first epic historical of our own was a success, and our first WV film was a huge success.

Old 02-21-2012, 12:56 AM   #163
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

July, 2025

The writing on Final Quarter has completed. Degrassi Jr High and Jagged Alliance are done. DJH is screening at 97, and JA at 90 (Battle of Blair was 99, fyi).

I need to finish casting The Western Ocean.

I cast Colin Farrell for 8.78 mill and the major supporting role of the Pirate Captain.

I want Naveen Andrews in the Sri Lanka role of the primary villain, but he’s not interested.

We have to discover a new actor.

Prabha Natarajan
Male
Indian

Born in Mumbai, Prabha’s parents immigrated to Canada when he was four. Instead of following his family’s plan to be a doctor or scientist, he chose a life of acting. He is well known in the community theatres of Toronto.

Everything is three star save Drama at 4, action at 4, and screen presence at 5,

We greenlight the film and it will take 7 months in pre production, and 3 each in the other two stages.

Old 02-21-2012, 12:59 AM   #164
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Final Quarter

Shoot in Mexico, add really good sound. 4 star SFX

As you’ll recall, this was a Cate Blanchett project, that came with her as star, and Peter Weir as director, Claude Perdue as Prod, Franka Potente as one of the minor supporting roles.

Overview:

A girl with a miserable life meets a mysterious man named, Adam who seems very familiar to her. After an accident the girl finds herself locked in a mansion with no memory of her life except for Adam. She must now find out why who she is and why she's there.

I also pick up:

Love Interest: James Franco, 1.1 mill
Villain: Ellen Page, . 1.74 mill
Major Supporting – Eliza Dushku, 450k

It will take 5, 3, and 6 months in each stage.

Old 02-21-2012, 01:16 AM   #165
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

CENTURION STUDIOS PRESS RELEASE

Today, CEO of Centurion Studios Braham Essex announced that they would be creating a film project based around the American Revolutionary War. Tentatively called Revolution, this film will be looking at the events that occurred outside of the US theater, and from the perspective of the Spanish, Dutch, British, and French. It’s a new take on an old topic.

Centurion Studios prides itself on producing some of the most intelligent films made in the last five years. It brings new and innovate projects to the screen from all over the world.

Old 02-21-2012, 01:36 AM   #166
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Revolution

After the founding fathers declare independence, war against the British begins. Slowly, other European powers position themselves to assist the fledgling nation against the British military juggernaut.

War, Historical
All Males and All Females target audience

Location – Europe Also America too, but more in Europe
Major City, Foothills

3 star plot twists, 5 star everything else

No foul language or love scenes, three stars of violence

Scope five stars, as is sets, pyro. Three star sfx and robotics is not needed at all.

The roles:

Lead - Raphael de Boer, 38, high profile Dutch merchant in St. Eustatius trading the American rebels weapons, food and medicine for their war efforts Diff – 85, dies at end of movie, lead, heroic, needs two stars of stunts

Major Support – Stefan D’Avingnon, 30, French diplomat that is working as the mediator and unofficial ambassador between the Americans and French, and helps to get the Treaty of Aranjuez signed as part of the film. 85 diff, lives, drama oriented, lead eccentric

Villain – Admiral Sir George Rodney, 59, Admiral who beat the Spanish off Cape St. Vincent and then captured St. Eustatius due to personal greed, and not the war. Both of those events are in the film. 80 diff, 2 stars of stunts, action and drama, conniving and intimidating.

Major Support - Don Diego de Gardoqui, 43, major supporter of rebels, later named first ambassador to America from Spain. Of the allies that join America, the Spanish make out the best. The Dutch are blasted and France’s results are uneven. Except for a major naval loss, Spain gains territory (Minorca) and ends well. Lead, heroic, dramatic role, 80 diff,

Major Support - Benjamin Franklin, 70, diff 75, drama, support, heroic

Minor Roles:

Honoré Gabriel Riqueti – Diff 70, 28
Pierre Beaumarchais – Diff 70, 45
Juan de Lángara – Diff 75, 42
Jerónimo Grimaldi – Diff 65, 57
Empress Catherine II of Russia – Diff 80, 51

The plot of the film involves negotiations, battles in naval warfare and in St. Eustatius, the spying of French folks, the forming of the League of Armed Neutrality, and more.

I jack up the roles to 10 each of supporting and minor roles, with three stars of stunts. It will take 15 months to write. The first two roles are a-historical. We wanted characters that could portray the right places and move from court to court and colony to colony, and no one really did that of worth, so we made them up, the rest will be accurately portrayed.

I pay off the rest of my loan

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 02-21-2012 at 01:41 AM.
Old 02-21-2012, 08:31 PM   #167
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

The Hammer of God
TheNOW.net

With apologies to Arthur C Clarke for reusing his title, this is the only way we can title a movie this grandiose. CEO of Centurion Studios Essex discussed the importance of his latest film, Lucifer’s Hammer. As an apocalyptic film, it shows all aspects of the comet that strikes Earth. It shows the beginning, by introducing characters, and displaying the growing doubt many have about the comet that is getting closer and closer all of the time. Then it shows the actual event as the comet strikes to Earth. We see people trying to survive. Perhaps the most harrowing scene is when two main characters are driving their car on the railroad tracks, which are elevated and just under the level of water, so the main character has to keep the vehicle on the rails, and one spill to a side will likely result in them being stranded. Then, we see society after Hammerfall, and what happens. We get the story from the beginning to the end.

This is just a superb acting job by many of the cast. I wouldn’t be surprised if we saw a few of these names again come awards time. The film is definitely well made, and the script has a lot of potential which Director Alfonso Cuaron does not squander. Two films in a row by Centurion Studios blasted the records for highest grossing film in the era of the credit, and now, we’ll see what happens with this third one. In a late minute decision, the studio pushed the marketing massively and increased the screens by 750. Will that have an impact on the bottom line? Or will this be another Prisoner?

This article is copyright 2025 by TheNOW.net, the place to find all of the news that’s NOW.

Old 02-21-2012, 08:53 PM   #168
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Lucifer’s Hammer

Dir Alfonso Cuaron 4
Prod Theodore Levy 4
Ethan Hawke– 5
Charlize Theron – 5
Daniel Day-Lewis – 5
Alfred Molina – 3
Gary Oldman – 4
Michael Pena – 4
Bridget Moynihan - 4

Star 2
Story 3
Character 5
Genre 2
Prod 5
SFX 5
Script to Film 5
Advertising 3
Marketing 3

Domestic – 297
Foreign – 567
Total – 864

Wowzers!

DVD sales yielded 350 mill and soundtrack 88 mill

Revenue – 946
Cost – 373

Profit – 573mll

Yet another major hit, and now the second highest grossing film since the reboot.

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 02-21-2012 at 08:53 PM.
Old 02-21-2012, 08:57 PM   #169
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

August

News – MechWarrior is done writing. Superstorm and Electric Heart and ready for release and screening at . Avengers Assemble is now filming. (84 and 80 respectively)

I play around with five edits of Electric Heart, but I can’t get it up. It takes five months to do that, but it’s not neither film is slated for release until early 2026

I authorize a sequel of Lucifer’s Hammer called The Hammer of Purgatory. We are adding Rachel Armitage as a new villain and Rev. Armitage’s daughter and Heath Yancy as another person on the ranch. It’ll take 14 months to do.

Old 02-21-2012, 09:14 PM   #170
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Mechwarrior

Great sound
Shoot in Vancouver
5 star state of the art SFX

Dir. Ang Lee, 6.3 mill
Prod. Clay Craggy, 2.7 mill

Cilian Murphy, 760k, Anton Ridzik
Jessica Biel, 1.15 mill, Sgt. Rachel Hammersmith
Harrison Ford, 16.8 mill, Pavel Ridzik
Matt Damon, 22.65 mill, Justin Xiang
Michelle Yeoh, 350k, Candace Liao,
Chow Yun-Fat, Maximillian Liao, 950k
Jamie Foxx, Col. Adam Kingsley, 6.4 mill
Kelly Hu, 135k, Col Li Xiang,

I wanted Zhang Ziyi for either Candance Liao or Xiang Li. She came at a 5, but was not interested in singing. I had to decide between a 3 star Christian Bale or a 5 star lesser name. I wanted some high auditions like DiCaprio, but they didn’t want to sign, ever after I jacked up the marketing budget.

I greenlight the film for

The cost of this film is 419 mill, for sfx, talent, high levels of production, a large marketing budget, and more. We’ll see if I get the return I need.

Old 02-21-2012, 09:26 PM   #171
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

"www.Moffett.uk"

…and now the eagerly awaited remake of Stephen’s cherished hits the silver screen this August.

Old 02-21-2012, 09:45 PM   #172
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Coupling

Dir Jason Reitman 3
Prod Lester Eastport 4

Jimmy Fallon – 4
Julia Stiles – 5
Jon Heder – 5
Katherine Heigl – 5
Keri Russell – 4
Casey Affleck - 4

Star 2
Story 3
Character 5
Genre 4
Prod 1
Script to Film 5
Advertising 5
Marketing 3

Domestic – 98
Foreign – 187
Total – 286

Not too bad

DVD sales yielded 169 mill and soundtrack 29 mill

Revenue – 361
Cost – 232

Profit – 129 mll

Making money is what it’s all about. I don’t need every film to knock it out of the park if we can do this instead.

Old 02-21-2012, 10:02 PM   #173
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

September

This month, two films are being released by us.

News – Both Torchwood and Dr. Who have finished script writing. Jeremiah and The Man who Shot.. are both done and ready for release. They are currently screening at 82 and 89.

New Script idea of mine:

Lone Wolf: Flight from the Dark

After all of the Kai Lords are assassinated on the eve of a sneak attack, the last of the Kai must slip through enemy lines to warn the King before it is too late.

Fantasy, Children, primary audience males 12-17
Three star violence, no love scenes or language

4 star Plot Twist, 5 star everything else

4 star scope, sets, 3 star robotics, 5 star sfx

Lead - Lone Wolf, 4 star stunts
Buddy – Banedon, no stunts
Villain – Vonotar, no stunts

No other casted roles, 15 minor roles and 5 very small supporting ones. Three star stunts

It should take 15 months to script

Old 02-21-2012, 10:20 PM   #174
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Doctor Who and the Sands of Time

5 star standard SFX, robotics, pyro, sets, and good sound.

Dir. Coen Brothers, 3.35 mill
Prod. Angela Saccone, 610k

Hugh Jackman, 8.56 mill
Anna Paquin 1.42 mill
Ewan McGregor – 3.7 mill
Rachel Weisz – 1.12 mill
Ryan Philippe – 710k

I must have a British Doctor and Villain (The Valeyard). Everybody else can by anything. I tried hard, but all of the brits I auditioned didn’t want to do it or had bad auditions. I went with Aussie Hugh Jackman instead.

My prod assist auto-casts – Cole Hauser, Paul Dano, Brittany Murphy, Olivia Thirlby, Carrie-Anne Moss

I green light the 17 month production with a budget of 409 mill

Old 02-21-2012, 10:30 PM   #175
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Torchwood

To be filmed in Mexico
Great sound, 5 star stuff all around

Dir Christopher Nolan, 3.3 mill
Prod Maria Ramsey – 560k

Daniel Craig, 10 mill
Natalie Portman, 3.48 mill
Hugh Grant, 2.86 mill
Casey Affleck, 1.23 mill
Eva Mendes , 410k
Sean Faris, 60k

I wanted an Asian person for Tosh’s role that went to Eva. I auditioned every single Asian actress in a 20 year range, and most did very well but none wanted the role, so I opened it up to Black and Hispanic actresses, and I found Eva. Hugh and Daniel were two of my top choices for the Doc, but they didn’t want to sign.

With a production schedule of 17 months as well, this is greenlit. 339 mill

Old 02-21-2012, 10:33 PM   #176
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

"www.trolly.com"

And with very few films this month from other film companies, Centurion Studios is taking a new first step. They are the first company in the new era of movie making to release two films in one month. One is a war film at the beginning of August, entitled Jagged Alliance. The other is a kid’s film, Degrassi Junior High, released at the end of the month. No one knows what to expect with these films, because releasing two from the same stable is not a strategy that has been employed by the other seven studios. Will it work? Stayed tuned to Trolly, where we tell you all of the entertainment news.

Old 02-21-2012, 10:53 PM   #177
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Jagged Alliance

Dir Brian da Palma 4
Prod Angela Saccone 4

Viggo Mortensen – 5
Jessica Alba –3
Darryl Hannah – 4
Joaquin Phoenix – 5
Brendan Fraser – 4
Cillian Murphy – 5
Lena Headley – 3
Kate Boxworth - 4
Bokeem Woodbine – 3
Vin Diesel - 3

Star 2
Story 3
Character 5
Genre 3
Prod 4
SFX = 5
Script to Film 4
Advertising 5
Marketing 3

Domestic – 203
Foreign – 386
Total – 590

Great stuff again

DVD sales yielded 289 mill and soundtrack 58mill

Revenue – 710
Cost – 363

Profit – 346 mll

Another great film . What will our teen drama do?

Old 02-21-2012, 11:16 PM   #178
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Degrassi Jr. High

Dir Jonathan Kasdan 3
Prod Daryl Smith 4

Saoirse Ronan – 5
Jimmy Bennett – 4
Mackenzie Vega – 4
Jacob Kogan - 5
Taylor Momsen – 3

Star 2
Story 4
Character 5
Genre 4
Prod 5
Script to Film 5
Advertising 4
Marketing 4

Domestic – 151
Foreign – 288
Total – 439

Another hit!

DVD sales yielded 343 mill and soundtrack 44 mill. A huge DVD hit for the kids!

Revenue – 638
Cost – 289

Profit – 349 mll

We’re in the money! We’re in the money!

Old 02-21-2012, 11:20 PM   #179
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

October

News – Four Governors and They Live have begun to shoot. Canticle and Getting Retired are finished and Stormbringer has finished shooting. I authorize an edit and increased Getting Retried from 75 to 84. That’s good

I have two open film slots to look at. I want to sequel Jagged Alliance for sure.

Jagged Alliance 2: Wildfire

The former owners of the rich mines in Arulco want them back and they are willing to shed blood. They’ve launched several attacks from their bases on the nearby Island of Tracona. Our mercenaries must infiltrate the island and destroy them.

11 months for the sequel. I jacked the intel up another star.

Degrassi: 8th Grade

We should have another script in 4 months, since I am changing little from the first one.

Old 02-21-2012, 11:25 PM   #180
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

A Star is Born
"www.findet.net"

After failing to find a lead for their latest film, Centurion Studios decided to cast their net wide to find the best actor to play the part of John Henry in their biopic Steel Drivin’ Man. They discovered Raymond Jenkins and cast him as the lead. How does a new actor do in his first role at all, let alone starring?

He does as well as could be expected. While he certainly doesn’t knock it out of the park or even turn in an impressive acting job, his work suffices. While we have no times of acting brilliance we also don’t have any bone head moves either, and he can slide into the role without too much of a problem.

It could have been better, and it could have been worse. We’ll see what he does in later pictures, but for now, Raymond Jenkins can sit back, relax, and enjoy his first professional acting gig.

Old 02-21-2012, 11:46 PM   #181
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Steel Drivin’ Man

Dir Richard Linklater 3
Prod Holly Mustlow 4

Raymond Jenkins – 3
Johnathan Rhys-Meyers– 4
Clive Owen – 5
Ziyi Zhang – 4
Ansel Mount – 5
Chiwetel Ejiofor 5

Star 2
Story 3
Character 5
Genre 5
Prod 1
Script to Film 4
Advertising 5
Marketing 5

Domestic – 113
Foreign – 217
Total – 330

I like making money with my historical, especially my WV ones. We’ll see if Four Governors can compete with Steel Drivin’ Man and Battle of Blair Mountain. We did decently in theaters, but just 183 in DVD and 33 in soundtrack slows us down. We basically came out even.

Revenue – 410
Cost – 400

Profit – 10 mill

I don’t mind holding our serve occasionally, especially considering how much we just made. We went from just a few hundred million to 1.8 bill in the bank after paying off a 1.2 bill loan off.

Old 02-21-2012, 11:58 PM   #182
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

November

Only one project changes – Promising Love is ready for release. 88% screen. The first film not by us to eclipse the 500 mill mark was released by a competitor.

November 2, 2025
Almostheaven.net

Interview with James Essex VI

Hello and welcome to another interview with the former West Virginian, James Essex, CEO of the newly formed Centurion Studios. During the last two years, Essex began five films about stories set in West Virginia. Two of them have already been released. Today he joins AH.net with news about a sixth project, “Harpers Ferry.”

As many of you know, AH-Net brings you the most up to date information on our favorite state, West Virginia. We have James online to announce his latest film project.

James, we always love hosting your interviews here at AHNet!

James: Heya Heya! Thanks once more. You know I can’t get enough of making these films about good ol’ WV.

AHNet: So let’s talk shop!

James: One of the films I’m passionate about are these great historical epics that tell stories in new ways. We see that with Revolution, Blair Mountain, Steel Drivin’ Man and others. This is something I really want to continue, and John Brown is an amazing choice for another film.

AHNet: How much of Brown’s story do you intend to tell?

James: We’ll start with Bleeding Kansas, to set the scene. Then we’ll move into the meat of the film in the planning of the raid on Harpers Ferry, the raid itself, and later his trial and hanging in Charles Town, WV.

AHNet: While we have you here, what happened with Steel Drivin’ Man? We hear that you basically broke even on it.

James: We made a great film, put 400 million into it believing in the project, and made 410 million. It may not be a lot of money, but we did make money. A lot of people got enjoyment and education out of it, and now millions of people have it on DVD to watch anytime. I’m happy with that result.

AHNet: It seems like it’s that time again. Thank you very much for agreeing to a return interview!

James: You know I'm always happy to talk with you fine folks!

Old 02-22-2012, 12:14 AM   #183
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Harpers Ferry

4 star sets, pyro, no sfx or robotics needed. 3 star violence, no love scenes or foul language. 3 star plot twists, 5 star everything else.

John Brown, 55
Frederick Douglass, support, 39
Hugh Forbes, villain, 35
Col. Robert E. Lee, support, 52,
Watson Brown, 23, support
Oliver Brown, 21, support

Fifteen months to write.

Old 02-22-2012, 12:31 AM   #184
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

A Canticle for the Future
"www.syfy.ca"

When Centurion Studios announced they were going to adapt A Canticle for Leibowitz to the big screen, fandom was of two minds. Some loved it, and wondered why it had taken so long. Others thought the book too literary for the changes that would need to be made for adaptation.

Now that the film is about to be released, we were one of many media and blog writers invited for an early screening. Let me tell you, this film is true to the subject matter. As someone who has read Canticle twice, it’s one of the most sincere adaptations of a science fiction novel ever. If you had worries, don’t.

All of the actors do really good or marvelous jobs acting, and there’s not a stale note to be seen or heard. It’s a well-acted piece, and the dialogue and pace are all quite good. This film has the budget, the special effects, and the acting to really out perform most science fiction films, and you are going to love it. We just hope we can win the rights to show it on our networks! It’s a solid A for me.

Old 02-22-2012, 12:46 AM   #185
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

A Canticle for Leibowitz

Dir David Fincher 3
Prod Arthur Sparks 4

Guy Pearce – 4
James McAvoy - 4
George Clooney - 5
Josh Hartnett - 5
Jim Caviezel – 5

Star 3
Story 4
Character 5
Genre 2
Prod 4
Script to Film 5
SFX 5
Advertising 4
Marketing 4

Domestic – 211
Foreign – 401
Total – 612

Another 500+ grosser, and that’s strong stuff continuing for fun.

DVD sales yielded 265 mill and soundtrack 61 mill

Revenue – 686
Cost – 360

Profit – 326 mll

Another hit folks!

Old 02-22-2012, 06:18 PM   #186
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

December 2025

News – Cave Boy is done writing. Blue Gender has moved to filming.

We get Cave Boy ready (the sequel to Cave Girl)

Film in Vancouver

I spend 4 stars everywhere and 51 mill in below the line costs. Now to casting:

Dir Doug Liman, 1.2 mill
Prod Alaine Clay, 900k

Jake reprises his role as the star
Julia Styles agrees to reprise her role as well
For 1.1 mill, Jonah Hill will be our new villain
Ryan Reynolds reprises his role as well

We greenlight it

It will be ready in 13 months

Old 02-22-2012, 08:19 PM   #187
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

The Greatest Cape Blog

News from Centurion Studios today is that they have commissioned a film adaptation of popular independent comic Invincible. Out of print for eight years since writer Kirkman’s death, Invincible has become one of the most well loved series. It has never been adapted for another format, and CEO Braham Essex believes it is a great property for film.

Old 02-22-2012, 08:52 PM   #188
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

We get a new script ready

Invincible

Action/Superhero
Present Day
World Domination is at stake
Four star plot twists, five star everywhere else
Three star violence, no foul language, love scenes
Four star sets, sfx, pyro, robotics, scope

Lead, Invincible, 18, heroic, 2 stars of stunts
Love, Atom Eve, 20, heroic, 2 stars of stunts
Villain, Angstrom Levy, 30, cruel, no stunts, not needed for sequel
Support, Omni-Man, 40, heroic, intimidating, 2 stars of stunts, sequel
Support, William Clockwell, 18, support, friend,

15 months to write

We have four films scheduled for release in the next two months. In December, we have Getting Retired in week 2 and The Man who Shot Liberty Valance in week 4. Promising Love is the first film of the new year, and ten we follow with Jeremiah on the third week.

In order to get through the next few months with some degree of speed, I’m going to push through with none of the normal articles about films that are getting written.

Old 02-22-2012, 09:12 PM   #189
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Getting Retired

Dir Chris Weitz 4
Prod Martin Laster 4

Amy Adams – 5
Radha Mitchell – 4
Mark Wahlberg – 5
Kyra Sedgewick – 4
Casey Affleck – 4
Cole Houser – 4
Eliza Dushku – 4
Anson Mount - 4

Star 2
Story 4
Character 5
Genre 5
Prod 5
SFX 5
Script to Film 5
Advertising 3
Marketing 5

Domestic – 67
Foreign – 48
Total – 115

Ouch

DVD sales yielded 78 mill and soundtrack 12 mill

Revenue – 159
Cost – 294

Profit – -134 mill

We don’t have many films that lose money. That’s a financial blow. Let’s see how the other film this month did.

Old 02-22-2012, 09:16 PM   #190
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

The Man Who Shot Liberty Valence

Dir Peter Weir 4
Prod Howard Pillow 4

Jude Law – 4
Scarlett Johanson – 3
Orlando Bloom - 4
Aaron Eckhart – 5
Ashley Judd – 3
Franka Potente – 5
Jason Statham – 5
Ryan Phillippe – 4
Lake Bell – 5
Gerard Butler - 4

Star 2
Story 4
Character 5
Genre 5
Prod 2
Script to Film 5
Advertising 5
Marketing 3

Domestic – 204
Foreign – 39
Total – 243

Such a potential in domestic dropped by horrible foreign markets

DVD sales yielded 169 mill and soundtrack 27 mill

Revenue – 350
Cost – 347

Profit – 3 mill

That’s another film that basically just spun in place cash wise.

Old 02-22-2012, 10:03 PM   #191
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

January 2026 and a new year is here

News: Avengers Assemble, Four Governors, and They Live have finishing filming. Dr. Who has begun it. Harry’s is complete with 93% screening.

We need two new scripts:

After the wild success of their book Lucifer’s Hammer, let’s mine them again.

The Mote in God’s Eye

After building a massive empire that spans star systems, humanity finally makes first contact with an alien species that is wholly unlike what they expected.

Future time and location
World Domination, sci-fi/space travel genres.

Five star everything

2 stars violence, 1 star love, no language

Scope 5, set 4, robotics 5, pyro 3, sfx 4

Cmr Roderick Harold, 40, male, lead heroic, no stunts, sequel, diff 90
Dr. Sandra Liddell Leonova, 38, female, love interest, no stunts, diff 85, sequel yes, nerd
Horace Hussein Bury, 35, male, villain, diff 85, sequel (becomes main character of next novel, much char development done for him)
Capt. Bruno Cziller, 42, male, diff 75, sequel needed, support
Dr. Anthony Horvath, 50, male, diff 70, not needed for sequel, major support

Arkley Kelley, minor support, 30, diff 65, not needed, 2 star stunts

8 support roles, 19 minor ones, 2 stars

15 months needed for script

Old 02-22-2012, 11:14 PM   #192
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Red vs Blue

Action/Sci-Fi and Dark
Future

Everything 5 stars
No love scenes, 3 star language and violence

3 star scope, 4 star robotics, 3 star sfx, 5 star sets, 2 star pyro

Church, lead, dies, needed for sequel, 30, diff 80, offbeat, 2 star stunts
Tex, love interest, needed for sequel, 30, diff 85, 3 star stunts, heavy intimidating
Sarge, “villain”, self-righteous, aggressive, 50, diff 70, 2 star stunts, sequel
Grif, lead, offbeat, major support, sequel needed, 1 star stunt, diff 75, 25 years old
Simmons, 33, diff 70, sequel needed, 2 stars stunts, support, tough

Minor roles:

Donut, 30, diff 75, support and eccentric, 2 stars of stunts, sequel needed
Tucker, 28, diff 70, lead, crazed, sequel, 2 stars of stunts
Caboose, 28, diff 90, friend, simple, 2 stars, and a sequel needed

Only 3 other support roles needed and no minors ones. That’ll be Vic, Sheila, and Lopez

Old 02-22-2012, 11:24 PM   #193
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
lead, dies, needed for sequel,

This almost made me LOL.

edit: Hopefully the sequel can only be Griffball: The Movie

Last edited by JonInMiddleGA : 02-22-2012 at 11:25 PM.
JonInMiddleGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 11:33 PM   #194
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Promising Love, our 25th film

Dir Sam Mendes 4
Prod Arlen Savant 4

Al Pacino – 4
Michael Douglas – 5
Joan Allen - 5
Meg Ryan – 4
Sigourney Weaver – 4

Star 2
Story 3
Character 5
Genre 3
Prod 2
Script to Film 4
SFX 5
Advertising 5
Marketing 3

Domestic – 83
Foreign – 157
Total – 240

DVD sales yielded 94 mill and soundtrack 21 mill

Revenue – 264
Cost – 317

Profit – -52 mill

Pacino’s last film was not a hit. Ah well. Let’s see what our big hope will do.

Old 02-22-2012, 11:34 PM   #195
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
This almost made me LOL.

edit: Hopefully the sequel can only be Griffball: The Movie

If you've seen Red v Blue, then you know what's going on, otherwise, yeah, it may seem odd! Heh

Old 02-23-2012, 07:56 PM   #196
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

This next film is an adaptation of the original comic, not an adaptation of the TV show which was an adaptation of the comic book.

Jeremiah

Dir. Christopher Nolan, 4
Prod. Harvey Salliman, 5

Tobey Macguire –5
Kate Beckinsale – 5
Ryan Gosling - 4
Mos Def – 5
Ellen Page – 5

Star 4
Story 3
Character 5
Genre 2
Prod 5
Script to Film 5
SFX 5
Advertising 5
Marketing 4

Domestic – 190
Foreign – 362
Total – 552

Another 500 mill film!

DVD sales yielded 209 mill and soundtrack 56 mill

Revenue – 616
Cost – 361

Profit – 254 mill

Whew, back into the black baby!

Old 02-23-2012, 08:13 PM   #197
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

February

News – Several folks have retired including Nick Nolte, Patrick Stewart, Martin Sheen, Scott Glenn, Faye Dunaway, Jessica Walter and Julie Christie.

Degrassi: 8th Grade has finished writing. The Call of Cthulhu is at 92% and done. Final Quarter, Mechwarrior and The Western Ocean have begun filming.

The Oscar Nominations are in. I’m listed ours

Best Movie – Smallville, The Man Who Shot Liberty Valence, and Lucifer’s Hammer
Best Director – Chris Weisz, Getting Retired; David Slade, Smallville

We have no other nominations. (Remember we are competing against 7 other studios)

I up the marketing on this month’s film, Superstorm, a drama/tearjerker.

Old 02-23-2012, 08:35 PM   #198
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

We have two holes for films. I authorize a sequel for Jeremiah.

Jeremiah 2

I change some things around, and up the quality of the script by two stars in pace to take 9 months to complete.

I greenlight Degrassi 8th Grade easily. It takes like 30 seconds, because every person returned from the first film under a sequel contract. We are filing in LA, and the film will be ready in 9 months. I schedule it for Spring Break, March 2027.

I want another Historical Epic. I really like doing them, they flesh out my studio with films besides action, sci-fi, fantasy and horror stuff. What interesting story is still out there? Instead, I authorize a third sequel of Smallville, to be done at roughly the same time as the first film.

Smallville: The College Years

I move Lois Lane from minor support to major, and sliding her to bad girl intimidating from heavy intimidating. It will take 11 months

Old 02-23-2012, 09:30 PM   #199
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Superstorm

Dir Baltasar Kormakur 3
Prod Claude Purdue 4

James Franco – 4
Brittany Snow – 4
Ben Affleck - 4
Mekhi Phifer – 5
Matt Dillon – 4

Star 2
Story 3
Character 5
Genre 1
Prod 1
Script to Film 5
Advertising 4
Marketing 4

Domestic – 73
Foreign – 139
Total – 212

Ah well

DVD sales yielded 162 mill and soundtrack 21 mill

Revenue – 305
Cost – 292

Profit – 13 mill

Another of those that sort of struck even.

Old 02-23-2012, 10:07 PM   #200
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

March

Torchwood is now shooting

New Script?

Coupling 2, let’s authorize a sequel.

Electric Heart

Dir Paul Thomas Anderson 3
Prod Jackie Daman 4

Adrian Brody – 5
Jessica Biel – 4
Natalie Portman - 3

Star 1
Story 3
Character 5
Genre 4
Prod 2
Script to Film 5
Advertising 4
Marketing 4

Domestic – 87
Foreign – 111
Total – 198

Sigh.

DVD sales yielded 263 mill and soundtrack 20 mill

Revenue – 390
Cost – 281

Profit – 109 mill

Good profit was made from incredible DVD sales. Yay!